PDA

View Full Version : Mark DeRosa as a super-sub?

MisterNovember
12-18-09, 11:07 AM
Didn't see his name discussed anywhere...if he could be had for a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind signing him as a super sub to play a few times a week allowing ARod/Jeter/Teix/Cano/Swisher to rotate at DH.

Thoughts?

Pags&Rags
12-18-09, 11:09 AM
I have seen his name in a thread or two on here (Hairston's thread) but DeRosa has been a starter wherever he's been the last few years. I think he rather remain a starter for a contending club rather than a reserve for the Yankees. But if he would like to come here, we'd love to have him.

teknetic
12-18-09, 11:10 AM
Super-expensive-sub.

delv
12-18-09, 11:18 AM
Super-sub-par defensively sub.

Yankee Tripper
12-18-09, 12:00 PM
If the Yanks sign him he'll be the every day LF an spell A-rod at 3rd and Cano at 2nd - it woun't be as a just a bench utility guy.

His contract demands seem to have fallen to a more reasonable level since the off-season started but I'd be very surprised if he was anything more than back burner material for the Yanks at this point.

IF he starts looking for a 2-year/$11M deal and the Yanks can move Melky THEN the Yanks might have interest but he's 35 coming off wrist surgery and is a career 97 OPS+ hitter, though he has been much better than that for most of the past 4 years before the wrist injury last year.

Ghost of Dan Pasqua
12-18-09, 12:29 PM
More like he's a super-suck! Amirite? Amirite? You feeling that?

Seriously though, he's done. Todd Zeile part II.

BronxYanks45
12-18-09, 12:58 PM
Pena is gonna be the low budget super sub

The Yankee Captain
12-18-09, 06:37 PM
Jersey born DeRosa was interviewed by Kim Jones before one of the games last year and this guy wants to play for the Yanks so bad. You could easily tell when she asked him about the Yanks and possibly playing for them someday. Good guy, solid player.

BillBuckner
12-18-09, 06:38 PM
Mmmmmmm..... subs.

Yankee Tripper
12-18-09, 06:42 PM
As Meatloaf would say - 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Blazer
12-18-09, 06:42 PM
I like him in LF more than Melky. Plus, he gives the team a fantastic safety net in the event Nick Johnson get injured.

I'm A Wenner!
12-18-09, 06:44 PM

Like an Italian BMT?

bigjf
12-18-09, 11:45 PM
Meatball marinara sub.

Seriously though, I think DeRosa will get offered a starting job somewhere, even if he doesn't really deserve it. Pass.