PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Claussen update.

CaptainCargo
07-29-01, 06:23 PM
This from a buddy of mine(emac) on the N.Y. Times forum.

"NORWICH (EAST) LHP BRANDON CLAUSSEN recorded his second consecutive start with 10 or more strikeouts but had to settle for a no-decision as the Navigators were beaten by Reading, 3-2. By striking out 10 batters over 7 1/3 frames in Saturday's game, Claussen raised his minor-league leading strikeout total to 171 in 148 2/3 innings between Norwich and Class A Tampa of the Florida State League. At one point in the contest, the 22-year-old southpaw fanned five in a row but four errors by the Navigators led to a pair of unearned runs and prevented Claussen from picking up the win."

Casey
:NY:

SkooterPhil#10
07-29-01, 07:08 PM
No run support whatsoever. He can join the Mike Mussina club when he gets up here.

Gator
07-29-01, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SkooterPhil#10
No run support whatsoever. He can join the Mike Mussina club when he gets up here.

Nah, cause when he makes the Majors, he'll have Nick Johnson, Drew Henson, Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada and Alfonso Soriano all around to provide plenty of runs.

Michaels07
07-29-01, 10:10 PM
I have got see this guy pitch. The Yankee system is overflowing with Lefties of promise.

KDream
07-30-01, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by SkooterPhil#10
He should join the big club right now.
He not only resembles the Moose (prior to the last week) because of the lack of run support that he has gotten, but he also is like Andy who has to endure the defensive abuse from his fielders.
j/k

Elfdood
07-30-01, 02:44 AM
This isn't a Claussen-only phenomenon. I'm pretty sure Norwich has over two errors per game this season.

brian
07-30-01, 10:47 PM
Does the kid through hard ? What is in his arsenal of pitches. i hope he has a better fastball than Jodie did.