PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thames hits # 22 for Norwich.

Michaels07
07-26-01, 08:32 AM
The Clean up hitting left fielder for the Norwich Navigators is hitting 310 with 68 rbi,119 hits 32 doubles,4 triples in addition to his 22 tater`s in 384 ab.Marcus has to move up in the prospect status for the Bombers.

CaptainCargo
07-26-01, 11:50 AM
Michaels: I liked Thames early on and even after he slumped off some last year. For a 26th(I think or maybe it was 30th) round draft pick he is quite a bargain.

Casey :NY:

ChicagoYankeeFan
07-26-01, 04:13 PM
I think the Yankees have long thought he had the tools to be a top prospect, but he seemed to struggle in slumps and maybe didn't trust his skills enough. That might be one reason that he's still at Norwich right now as they might not want to mess up his confidence level. This way he gets to finish the season strong, probably work at their camp over the winter and then play at AAA next year with a push to make the team as a backup or injury replacement.

My understanding is that although he's not a true CF, but can play the position would be an excellent 4th or 5th outfielder. Of course, Stats like his at Norwich could mean that he has starter potential despite his age (24, I think).

PinstripePride
07-26-01, 05:33 PM
I've seen him play,he carries a BIG stick. He should be in Columbus.....