PDA

View Full Version : SWM seeks...

BonaYankeeFan
07-24-01, 09:55 PM
...another Yankee championship!! Sorry, I just couldn't say HI.

Hey everyone. This is my first official day on the board. I joined a couple of days ago but only really started posting today. And now about myself:

My name is Brian. I'm 20 (I'll be 21 in 17 days) originally from Mt. Sinai, Long Island. I am a senior at St. Bonaventure University in western NY, about 1.5 hours south of Buffalo. I work here during the summer and therefore do not get to many games. :(

I am a Computer Science major with a minor in Math and MIS. I've been working on a robotics project for my CS department since last summer. I really enjoy it and hope to work on projects like that when I graduate in May.

On a related note, the scariest thought for me right now is that I will be entering the real world in less than 10 months. I dont know if I'm ready for it. I like partying and hanging out with my friends too much. And on top of that I'm so worried I won't get a job. But I try not to think about that.

I've been a Yankee fan my whole life. My Dad and my gradparents are Met fans since theyre from Queens. My Brother however grew up in the 70's and that caused him to become a Yankee fan. He remembers '77 very well even though he was 4. His favorite player is Munson. So being the younger brother copying the older brother, I became a Yankee fan. This was tough growing up in the 80's when most of my friends were Met fans. My best friend was a Yankee fanand we backed each other up though. I think that's why we became friends in the first place.

My friend brought me to my first Yankee game. I was totally amazed when I stepped foot into the stadium. I was like a little kid in a toy store, mouth wide open looking at everything around me. I don't know how many games I've been to since then, but i remember almost all of them. I saw Coney's perfect game. That's me most memorable. And I don't care that he's at Boston now, I've always liked him, even when he was with the Mets. I was at the Division series against Cleveland when the Yanks hit back-to-cak homers. I never hugged complete strangers before that nite. School was also a rough time the next day after that game. Last year I had the Sunday package out in section 39. I had so much fun sitting out there. I took so many people there with me, including a Met fan to see if he would survive and a girl who had never been to the stadium before.

Maybe I should get all this published. I almost have enough for a book! I'll do that if I become famous. The cover could have pinstripes. Anyway I look forward to some great discussions here. I came here from a link on the yankee.com board. I got really tired of the garbage on that board. I felt like I was back in middle school with half of the threads. I love to hear other people's opinions and voice my own opinions.

Well that is about it. If you wish to know more about me contact me. All of my info is in my profile. And let's cheer on the Yanks and they go for yet another championship!

bagger015
07-24-01, 11:38 PM
:lol: SWM seeks!!!! Cute. :uhh: :)

ClayBelle
07-24-01, 11:55 PM
Welcome aboard BYF! :)

# 21 Forever
07-25-01, 07:12 AM
Welcome to our little community! Happy posting!

YanksRockMan
07-25-01, 08:56 AM
Welcome!!

RiveraFan
07-25-01, 11:09 AM
Hey, stop your worrying about entering the "real world"...it's not as bad as you think!Welcome !!

Eddie160
07-25-01, 05:11 PM
welcome!

DW Fan
07-25-01, 05:38 PM
Welcome and Enjoy! :NY:

PettittesPrincess
07-25-01, 08:03 PM
I'm going to college and putting off the Real World for another 4 years. I'm scared too!

IrishDancer
07-26-01, 10:32 AM
Have fun! :)

lbyankychk
07-27-01, 03:55 AM
welcome to the forum! Have fun! :D

allybear
07-27-01, 10:12 AM
Hope you can find what you're seeking in a board here! Enjoy college while you can - the "real world" isn't that bad either, but have fun now!

I loved your story - thanks for sharing!

Keep smiling and party on...:)

JeanC
07-28-01, 12:22 PM
Robotics???!!! Real World?! Dont worry! They are gonna Welcome You With Open Arms! Wow with that Background you should be Welcome in most Corporations that are Dealing with the Future! If You Get Stuck Try Aerospace with your Robotics! I think they are looking in that direction right now!

Glad to hear about your Yankee Fan history! Arent Big Brothers Great?! My Daughter thinks so Too! Dont Worry About Writing A Book! I write a Book almost everyday in here!

Well Welcome To The Biggest Yankee Fan Forum On The Internet!
Where The Talk Is ALL ABout Yankees Playing Baseball !

Have Fun & Post On! We are enjoying your posts already!

O'Neill Fan
07-28-01, 01:12 PM
Welcome and enjoy posting!!

The "real world" isn't so bad. If you want to put it off a little longer, there's always grad school.;)

SkooterPhil#10
07-29-01, 03:24 PM
Welcome and thank you for the AutoBiography!

DkNNy79
08-02-01, 03:53 PM
Welcome aboard!! I like your intro that was cute. Just graduated from college in May and I wish I could go back!! :( Happy Posting!