PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pre-Auction Keeper Lists

Snatch Catch
03-02-09, 12:28 PM
Post your Keepers for the 2009 season in here whenever you like, and I'm assuming Big_E will set a deadline by which you MUST have your list posted.

I figure we could at least start chatting about this in here if we wanted.

Remember, you have to keep at least 7, and no more than 12 players from last year.

For me, I'm keeping the following guys for sure:

Hanley Ramirez (2 years left on prior deal @ $21)

Mark Teixeira (1 year left on prior deal @ $20)

Clayton Kershaw (not sure what kind of deal I want to sign him to, but he's being kept)

Jay Bruce (not sure what kind of deal I want to sign him to, but he's being kept)

Carlos Marmol ($10 option)

THEBOSS84
03-02-09, 12:46 PM
Here are the players I am keeping for sure, just a matter of the extensions I want to offer now:

Kemp @ $9
McLouth @ $10
E Santana @ $10
Cliff Lee @ $10
Price @ $5
Lidge @ $6

I am having trouble finding a 7th keeper, but it'll happen.

As far as Price goes, I can keep him as an ML player and not an MiL player, correct?

Snatch Catch
03-02-09, 12:58 PM
Price still has rookie eligibility, right? Also, you never promoted him last year, correct?

If so, then I think you would be best served to keep him as a mL guy if possible.

Big_E
03-02-09, 12:58 PM
I think I have 3 or 4 guys I want to keep...I think I am screwed before we even start.

THEBOSS84
03-02-09, 01:01 PM
Price still has rookie eligibility, right? Also, you never promoted him last year, correct?

If so, then I think you would be best served to keep him as a mL guy if possible.

Right I never promoted him. Can you please explain to me the pros and cons of doing what I said I'd do vs doing what you recommended I should do? Don't forget, I have few other keeper options, which is a reason I was considering keeping him as an ML player.

Snatch Catch
03-02-09, 01:05 PM
Right I never promoted him. Can you please explain to me the pros and cons of doing what I said I'd do vs doing what you recommended I should do? Don't forget, I have few other keeper options, which is a reason I was considering keeping him as an ML player.

You're by far best served keeping him in the mL.

This does two things:

1) You get an extra year out of him.

2) You only have to spend $1 filling his spot in your rotation (the guy you pick up with your last pick in the auction, and then drop on opening day when you promote Price).

THEBOSS84
03-02-09, 01:08 PM
You're by far best served keeping him in the mL.

This does two things:

1) You get an extra year out of him.

2) You only have to spend $1 filling his spot in your rotation (the guy you pick up with your last pick in the auction, and then drop on opening day when you promote Price).

Yes, but you're only looking at it from one angle. Not keeping Price would force me to option a player such as McCann for $20. There's some extra money spent right there.

Snatch Catch
03-02-09, 01:11 PM
Yes, but you're only looking at it from one angle. Not keeping Price would force me to option a player such as McCann for $20. There's some extra money spent right there.

No, you option the cheapest guy you have in the OF or P.

THEBOSS84
03-02-09, 01:14 PM
No, you option the cheapest guy you have in the OF or P.

My roster sucks, even though it finished in 3rd place. Not many bargains. I screwed up by cutting Damon who I owned at $6 mid-season and then picking him up again for $10.

ruthianblast
03-02-09, 01:59 PM
Liriano @ $27 (last year of contract I think)
Halladay @ $23 (probably the 1 yr option)
Lackey @ $22 (probably the 1 yr option)
Ryan @ $6 (1 yr option)
Volquez @ $10 (1 yr option)
Phillips @ $10 (2nd year of 2 yr contract)
Hamilton @ $22 (2 yr option)
Navarro @ $10 (1 yr option)
Butler @ $10 (reserved)

Probably...

Snatch Catch
03-02-09, 02:15 PM
My roster sucks, even though it finished in 3rd place. Not many bargains. I screwed up by cutting Damon who I owned at $6 mid-season and then picking him up again for $10.

That's part of it - the balance between holding on to guys and dropping them.

For me, I generally hold on to guys too long, because the have really palatable salaries. But now I have O-Dog at $1 and Giambi at $2.

gdn
03-07-09, 05:20 PM
What are the damn rules for re-upping again? So confusing. If i renew for one year, can I do it at the same salary?

And then it's $4 per year right, up to 3 years?

Snatch Catch
03-08-09, 01:36 PM
What are the damn rules for re-upping again? So confusing. If i renew for one year, can I do it at the same salary?

And then it's $4 per year right, up to 3 years?

You can pick up the one year option for he same price as last year, yed, but they have to be eligible for it.

A long term contract is up to 4 years.

Snatch Catch
03-09-09, 08:07 AM
So when are we going to decide the auction date?

I'm coming prepared this year, and I want to know when to prepare for!

Big_E
03-09-09, 08:17 AM
I just got a list of the rest of my March mtgs, so I will post dates later today

rodg12
03-09-09, 09:55 AM
You can pick up the one year option for he same price as last year, yed, but they have to be eligible for it.

A long term contract is up to 4 years.

It's only 3 additional years, though, right? A 3 year extension is as high as you can go (at the current salary + 12)?

Big_E
03-09-09, 10:11 AM
a 4-year extension is the maximum, but it would have to be a really cheap player who became a superstar in most cases to sign them to a 4-year deal. We have had a few 3-year deals, but no 4's.