PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Support Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

mvavra1
02-17-09, 06:11 PM
[
Go bother the Red Sox if it hasn't all been covered up which I'm sure Bud, Mitchell, and company have already seen to.[/quote]

I for one am sick of the Yanks getting the brunt of the steroid story, but I'm tired of everyone saying that they are being targeted while the Sox go free. I'm a Yankee fan but this needs to stop. I don't think we are being targeted, we have the biggest names in the game and when they show up with steroids of course it will be made a big deal. The Mitchell report was about 2 trainers with Yankee ties so of course most of the names were going to be Yanks. This whole list I think wasn't given to Selena Roberts, 4 players supposedly told her A Rod failed, but didn't mention any other names, and since she's doing a book on him of course she's going to use it to sell her book, she stands to make alot of money for it. But to say the other names are being witheld or whatever because they might have Red Sox on them is ridiculous, I think if Oritz or Manny or even Nomar which some suggest was on the list then we would have heard about it. I think these 4 players heard about A Rod maybe testing positive and went to Roberts with the info. I hate all this attention on us but I don't feel the Yanks are the victims here.

NYYDragoon
02-17-09, 06:19 PM
Meanwhile 103 other players names stay sealed and 103 other players stay quiet knowing they are just as guilty.

All it takes is one big name off of that list, an Ortiz, a Ramirez (who I really doubt ever took any substance) and all of the sudden the media circus has other places to go.
I may be a bad person for saying this, but I would really like for Ortiz's name to be on that list. That would shut up the Fenway Faithful, wouldn't it?

leutbneot
02-17-09, 06:35 PM
he's proven to be nothing but a head-case.

... and has won the MVP award twice already for this team ...

sweet_lou_14
02-17-09, 06:40 PM
I may be a bad person for saying this, but I would really like for Ortiz's name to be on that list. That would shut up the Fenway Faithful, wouldn't it?

I wish, wish, wish that were the case.

But maybe Papi has smarter cousins in the Dominican who get the stuff that's harder to detect.

grizy
02-17-09, 06:43 PM
If Papi was using the stuff Bonds was using he would have tested negative.

djeter220
02-17-09, 06:45 PM

Surprisingly nobody even seems to questions whether or not he did it after coming from Minnesota as an average player and out of nowhere became a video game slugger. Those are the types of players I feel cheated, not the ones who showed consistent talent and ability like alex.

R.V.47
02-17-09, 06:49 PM
I just finished watching the press conference. The opening statement wasnt so good but the q and a I thought A-Rod did a very good job with. Bottom line is that he came clean about what and when he was doing the stuff and was very good about thanking his teammates. He just did it all in his typical awkward way of speaking and acting but thats just A-Rod.

As far as Im concerned this chapter in yankee history is over and now its time for baseball.

Since95
02-17-09, 06:55 PM
I've learn that the Media are the ones to hate.. they care bout ratings.. and keeping stories alive to make money.. They don't care about the Human inside these players... if anyone is destroying baseball.. its the Media.
As a Fan.. lets move past this.. who cares anymore.. all I want is the Yankees to do well.
I love A-Rod as long as he's in Pinstripes.. lets root for this guy and watch his talent take us to Number 27 and prove all his critics wrong.
The Media are the Bad Guys.. Selena Roberts.. Mike Francesa.. ESPN.. all of them.

Lets go A-Rod and most importanly.. Lets go Yankees!!

Battingly
02-17-09, 07:05 PM
I've learn that the Media are the ones to hate.. they care bout ratings.. and keeping stories alive to make money.. They don't care about the Human inside these players... if anyone is destroying baseball.. its the Media.
As a Fan.. lets move past this.. who cares anymore.. all I want is the Yankees to do well.
I love A-Rod as long as he's in Pinstripes.. lets root for this guy and watch his talent take us to Number 27 and prove all his critics wrong.
The Media are the Bad Guys.. Selena Roberts.. Mike Francesa.. ESPN.. all of them.

Lets go A-Rod and most importanly.. Lets go Yankees!! I said something similar earlier today and was chastised for not sticking to the topic, which is support for Arod .. so while I agree with every word, I think you should at least toss in the phrase "I SUPPORT AROD" lest you get chastised as well ;)

djeter220
02-17-09, 07:06 PM

Lets go A-Rod and most importanly.. Lets go Yankees!!

That's very bold of you. I agree mostly. The media has become more about making the story instead of being a medium for a story to pass through. I wouldn't say francesa and ESPN are bad guys, i dont know about selena roberts yet, but she doesnt seem like a good person.

grizy
02-17-09, 07:09 PM
Standing ovation for ARod first game when he comes on the field on April 16th is the best and probably the only tangible way we could support ARod.

I plan to be there.

Battingly
02-17-09, 07:11 PM
Standing ovation for ARod first game when he comes on the field on April 16th is the best and probably the only tangible way we could support ARod.

I plan to be there.Great idea, grizy, and I really hope it happens, mostly to support Arod, but also to stick it to the lynch-mob (AKA: Media)

djeter220
02-17-09, 07:11 PM

I plan to be there.

If you throw a ticket my way I'll stand every time he leaves the dugout.

yankees101
02-17-09, 07:20 PM
Great to see the guys that showed up for Alex. I didn't get to see/hear the press conference, but it sounds like he did as good as anyone could expect. It's annoying to see mediots still trying to attack him. I agree with Brad Lidge (and anyone else that's said it) to reveal all the rest of the names and move on.

Ynkcpt23
02-17-09, 07:29 PM
I just finished watching the press conference. The opening statement wasnt so good but the q and a I thought A-Rod did a very good job with. Bottom line is that he came clean about what and when he was doing the stuff and was very good about thanking his teammates. He just did it all in his typical awkward way of speaking and acting but thats just A-Rod.

As far as Im concerned this chapter in yankee history is over and now its time for baseball.

There are some people who will agree with me and some that won't. I supported Giambi, though I thought his case was really really bad--he obviously lost a large portion of his "ability" when he was forced by testing to quit taking PEDs. I supported Pettitte, for the most part because I believe (and maybe I'm being naive here) that he took the substance to help him return from injury. It's difficult for me to really fault that considering that reason. I support A-Rod now because his physical body looks just the same as it did when he came up with Seattle (unlike freakshow Barry Bonds with his ginormous head or Mark McGwire) with some added muscle, which happens to any athlete on a training regimen. Whether he is more guilty than he admits or not, he is on my team. I think that he's being condemned for more than just one drug test. And it completely p*****s me off that there are many in this community who are giving Alex so much s*** when there are hundreds of others that are getting away free of scrutiny. I'm not throwing Alex a pity-party by any stretch. He's a big boy with a huge contract who is more than capable of taking care of himself. I'm just sick of all the negativity surrounding him from this forum...Jesus people, he's one of the best you'll ever get to see. You wanna just enjoy it? Please? I do. I think he's one of the handful of best baseball players I will ever be able to see.

BxBomber44
02-17-09, 07:30 PM
I think this is 1) Going to make A-Rod and his teammates closer 2) Garner more respect from true Yankee fans.

djeter220
02-17-09, 07:47 PM
I think this is 1) Going to make A-Rod and his teammates closer 2) Garner more respect from true Yankee fans.

Seeing all those guys there and Jeter embracing him was really telling. There's something different about this team. They seem like they've already gotten through the tough part of '09 now all thats left is between the lines.

NYYDragoon
02-17-09, 08:00 PM
Seeing all those guys there and Jeter embracing him was really telling. There's something different about this team. They seem like they've already gotten through the tough part of '09 now all thats left is between the lines.Indeed. And I hope our perception is accurate.

JeterRodriguezSheff
02-17-09, 08:05 PM
Meanwhile 103 other players names stay sealed and 103 other players stay quiet knowing they are just as guilty.

All it takes is one big name off of that list, an Ortiz, a Ramirez (who I really doubt ever took any substance) and all of the sudden the media circus has other places to go.

Yes I know it's New York, it's the Yankees and everyone hates the Yankees but us. However this all falling on the shoulders of Alex Rodriguez is still unfair not only to A-Rod but to his team especially members of his team that did not use PEDs.

Go bother the Red Sox if it hasn't all been covered up which I'm sure Bud, Mitchell, and company have already seen to.

Im all for the Red Sox taking their fair 1/30th share of heat for the steroid era, but some of these illogical conspiracy theories really make Yankee fans as a whole look ridiculous.

JeterRodriguezSheff
02-17-09, 08:07 PM

I would much prefer Varitek. Ortiz seems like a chill dude.

Rocketbooster
02-17-09, 08:12 PM
Seeing all those guys there and Jeter embracing him was really telling. There's something different about this team. They seem like they've already gotten through the tough part of '09 now all thats left is between the lines.

This team has been through more in one week than most teams go through in a season. This bonding is currency for when the dog days hit, when the team is tired, when they have injuries, when human nature is to snipe at the ones closest to you. I sense a great deal of trust amongst these guys - which is pretty extraordinary given the number of newcomers on the team. CC, Tex, AJ, Swish - they just seem to fit, like the missing pieces to a puzzle.

The Q Bomb
02-17-09, 08:31 PM

Yes I know it's New York, it's the Yankees and everyone hates the Yankees but us. However this all falling on the shoulders of Alex Rodriguez is still unfair not only to A-Rod but to his team especially members of his team that did not use PEDs.

Go bother the Red Sox if it hasn't all been covered up which I'm sure Bud, Mitchell, and company have already seen to. Your first sentence really brings up a very valid point. Everyone is on A-Rod's case because he only admitted this when he was caught - to which I say, who would admit anything until you're caught unless the admission would ameliorate a situation (i.e., a murderer admitting where the body is; an embezzler admitting he embezzled folks in order to help them recoup some money)? Especially if, as A-Rod maintains, that he has not used anything since 2003, why would he admit to something he did wrong that he has stopped and would benefit no one but media sharks? On the other hand, the 103 players who failed the test and whose identities are comfortably sealed, could ameliorate the situation of A-Rod being the whipping boy for MLB, by coming out. There's strength in numbers. Of course, nobody has a vested in A-Rod's comfort, but those 103 guys should feel more compelled to "confess" than Alex would have been had he not been outed.

YanksFan1992
02-17-09, 08:36 PM
I'm still completely behind A-Rod, and today's press conference reaffirmed that.

b-ball-lunachick
02-17-09, 08:58 PM
Me too Jamie. :)

Here are some other supportive quotes for A-Rod:

"What else do you want a guy to do, you know? He's come out and told everyone what he did," Lee said. "That's all you can ask. It's the right thing to do. He wasn't pointing fingers at anybody else. He took accountability." (Cliff Lee)

Echoed Atlanta manager Bobby Cox: "I think he's doing a great job. He's being himself. He's doing better than anyone could have imagined. He's embarrassed about it. He's honest about it. What else can he do?"

"This guy is one of the best players ever to walk on a field. If you look at what he's done, before and after those three years in Texas, he's had some great years," Scioscia said in Phoenix. "It's certainly a black eye for baseball -- a guy who has no need for steroids makes a poor decision like that.

"I just think it's time to move on, move forward and focus on the game on the field. Let's put this chapter behind us and turn the page."

"Everybody makes mistakes, and I'm not the type of person that's going to change my opinion about who he is just because he made a mistake," said Milwaukee's Ryan Braun, who met Rodriguez in 2001 while being recruited by the University of Miami. "I wouldn't just disassociate myself with somebody just because he made a mistake. I don't think anybody is perfect, and I don't think he's ever pretended to be perfect."

"It's a bad day for baseball to see one of the greatest players to ever play this game be caught up in this," said Phillies outfielder Raul Ibanez -- a former Seattle teammate and Miami neighbor of Rodriguez. "From a human element, because I know him, I feel bad for him, because I know he's hurting.
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090217&content_id=3840128&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

djeter220
02-17-09, 09:04 PM

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090217&content_id=3840128&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Thank you for this. It was a breath of fresh air amid some pretty hypocritical players and fans.

IndyYankeesFan
02-17-09, 09:14 PM
100% behind ARod. The whole thing about his name and his name only coming out from an anonymous test is complete BS. Loved the way the team flanked and supported him today. I have a good feeling about this season. Go Yankees!!!

The Q Bomb
02-17-09, 09:17 PM

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090217&content_id=3840128&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy Too bad Joe Torre, his former manager, wasn't big enough to be so magnanimous.

the_coach
02-17-09, 09:19 PM
Posted in another thread...

What Arod should have said...(what he is paying that 'Outside Eyes' outfit for I have no clue)

Arod:

I am here to apologize to the fans, the owners, the players union, all MLB pitchers, the Texas Rangers, the Seattle Mariners, the all my teamates, the New York Yankees, Brian Cashman, Joe Torre, Joe Giradi, the Steinbrenner Family and my family. I, Alex Rodriguez, made a big mistake by knowingly taking steriods. I let down a lot of people including myself and it will never happen again.

How I got them or the details on how I did them are inconsequential.

I thank everyone who has stood by me through this difficult time (wife, teamates, etc.)

After today I will not dicsuss this matter until after the season is over.

I will now field any and all questions you may have.
<!-- / message --><!-- Sig Was Here -->

b-ball-lunachick
02-17-09, 10:11 PM
Thank you for this. It was a breath of fresh air amid some pretty hypocritical players and fans.
you're welcome. :)

Here are a few pics of fan support:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090217/capt.5206b912397a447799f2ad5da3eb6ae3.yankees_spring_baseball_flgp141.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090218/capt.2d496de42d9549ef9ea366ae3d993fc5.yankees_spring_baseball_flgp145.jpg

Jumpman_DJ
02-17-09, 10:15 PM
I'm still completely behind A-Rod, and today's press conference reaffirmed that.

Amen im right there with ya

b-ball-lunachick
02-17-09, 10:37 PM
some more quote supporting A-Rod:

"I think he did the right thing. He needed to come out and come clean. I'm sure it's a big weight off his shoulders. My only contention with the whole situation is why you are you going to leak just A-Rod? If you're going to leak one, you need to leak them all. I know the players are not real hip on that happening. But the bottom line is, before it's all said and done, it's probably going come out anyway. So we might as well get it all over with and deal with it and get beyond it." -- Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones

"It's a tough situation, let me tell you. I do have to say that everyone has to deal with their own situation and their own issues. That's something that, a mistake he made through all those years, and now basically he's paying the consequences of making bad choices. What I admire him for is that he's been able to come through and talk to the media, let fans know what he did, what he did it for. But at the same time I have to say that the guy is very talented. He's basically one of the best players to ever play the game of baseball. So he made a bad choice and every time you make bad choices you have to deal with the consequence." -- New York Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran.

"He admitted his mistake, now we've got to move on and move forward. We're humans. Humans make mistakes. Nobody's perfect." -- New York Mets reliever Francisco Rodriguez.

that may be the one time I didn't dislike K-Rod since he's been a major leaguer. :D

NYYDragoon
02-17-09, 11:00 PM
Posted in another thread...

What Arod should have said...(what he is paying that 'Outside Eyes' outfit for I have no clue)

Arod:

I am here to apologize to the fans, the owners, the players union, all MLB pitchers, the Texas Rangers, the Seattle Mariners, the all my teamates, the New York Yankees, Brian Cashman, Joe Torre, Joe Giradi, the Steinbrenner Family and my family. I, Alex Rodriguez, made a big mistake by knowingly taking steriods. I let down a lot of people including myself and it will never happen again.

How I got them or the details on how I did them are inconsequential.

I thank everyone who has stood by me through this difficult time (wife, teamates, etc.)

After today I will not dicsuss this matter until after the season is over.

I will now field any and all questions you may have.
<!-- / message --><!-- Sig Was Here -->No way. Then it would be "ARGH WHAT IS HE HIDING!?"

some more quote supporting A-Rod:I'm happy to see that instead of the self-righteous BS from Ortiz, Oswalt, and Moyer.

Rocketbooster
02-17-09, 11:18 PM
Too bad Joe Torre, his former manager, wasn't big enough to be so magnanimous.

or his GM..........

JeterForPresident
02-17-09, 11:24 PM
First off I am so thrilled about the way the team has come together and publicly supported A-Rod. Honestly, what they think or say in private we have no way of knowing, but as long as they appear to be in his corner and have his back, then the better it will be for the team and the less fuel for the fire for the Yankee haters who are just praying this team crumbles before it gets the chance to dominate. Now if only Cash could get on bored and move past his anger and support the guy he needs to help his team succeed.

I also wanted to comment on

"This guy is one of the best players ever to walk on a field. If you look at what he's done, before and after those three years in Texas, he's had some great years," Scioscia said in Phoenix. "It's certainly a black eye for baseball -- a guy who has no need for steroids makes a poor decision like that.

"I just think it's time to move on, move forward and focus on the game on the field. Let's put this chapter behind us and turn the page."

Thats the thing that killed me the most. A-Rod didn't need to use anything, doesn't need to use anything. I can only assume it's his poor self esteem and that seeming need to impress everyone and live up to his standards of being the best ever that led him to try to get ahead by using steroids. That to me is the biggest shame.

yankees246
02-17-09, 11:25 PM
No way. Then it would be "ARGH WHAT IS HE HIDING!?"

I'm happy to see that instead of the self-righteous BS from Ortiz, Oswalt, and Moyer.

So true. As if they never knew anyone or heard of someone they knew involved with steroids. We have...

Yankees1962
02-17-09, 11:54 PM
or his GM..........
He doesn't have to be as long as Arod has fans willing to defend him at any cost while taking issue with him for being wrong and placing the entire Yankee organization and fanbase in a bad position.

Nathan
02-18-09, 12:03 AM
No way. Then it would be "ARGH WHAT IS HE HIDING!?"

I'm happy to see that instead of the self-righteous BS from Ortiz, Oswalt, and Moyer.

"The A-Rod situation was a little tough for the game because you're talking about the best player all the way around," Ortiz said. "At the same time, people have to give the guy credit because he came out and said what he said at the point of his career where he had done it all. On top of that, that was what, six years ago? The guy has put up numbers his whole career."
Ortiz said one comment stood out to him above the rest during A-Rod's interview on ESPN.
"One thing that he said that caught my attention a lot was that he was young and at the time, that was (happening) all around the league," Ortiz said. "When you're young and somebody comes to you with an idea of improving your production and things like that, sometimes you make a wrong decision like he did. But he's been playing clean and still producing, and he's still been the best player in the game.
"If I'm a fan and I had to judge a guy, I would put that in the past and move forward," Ortiz continued. "The guy, he works hard, man. He's still doing his thing. He still has nine more years on his contract and he's definitely going to do some damage."

Yup, what a self-righteous thing to say. :uhh:

Rocketbooster
02-18-09, 12:12 AM
He doesn't have to be as long as Arod has fans willing to defend him at any cost while taking issue with him for being wrong and placing the entire Yankee organization and fanbase in a bad position.

I responded to you in the Cash thread........Just because Alex did wrong doesn't mean that Cashman was right. In any case, I don't see anyone giving Alex a free pass - some of us just don't like how the mediots are handling this whole thing. They want to burn this guy at the stake it seems, yet they have no problem with an NFL player (Leonard Little) playing at the present time even though he killed people while drunk driving......

NYYDragoon
02-18-09, 12:15 AM
Yup, what a self-righteous thing to say. :uhh:My mistake. I was referring to his first comments (on being banned for a year). I was unaware he said something else.

Yankees1962
02-18-09, 12:25 AM
I responded to you in the Cash thread........Just because Alex did wrong doesn't mean that Cashman was right. In any case, I don't see anyone giving Alex a free pass - some of us just don't like how the mediots are handling this whole thing. They want to burn this guy at the stake it seems, yet they have no problem with an NFL player (Leonard Little) playing at the present time even though he killed people while drunk driving......
The public doesn't care about Leonard Little and wouldn't know him if he sat right next to them. However, it does care about the best player in MLB so Arod takes the heat because right now he's the face of MLB.

Jilali
02-18-09, 12:43 AM

So Jones, Ibanez, K-Rod, Braun, Beltran...clearly a group of names we can expect to see amongst the 103 eventually! ;)

Rocketbooster
02-18-09, 12:48 AM
The public doesn't care about Leonard Little and wouldn't know him if he sat right next to them. However, it does care about the best player in MLB so Arod takes the heat because right now he's the face of MLB.

That's true.......and as I think that the HR record is the most hallowed record in all of sports, this is rightly a huge story. It doesn't mean that it's right for the media to be ignoring the Little situation - that really should be a bigger deal. Also, if the mediots are being driven to write by what the public wants to read, they should just admit that instead of claiming that they are in their noble profession to reveal truths to the public. That's baloney.

ajra21
02-18-09, 07:20 AM

is there anywhere i can see the whole thing?

Yankees1962
02-18-09, 08:15 AM
That's true.......and as I think that the HR record is the most hallowed record in all of sports, this is rightly a huge story. It doesn't mean that it's right for the media to be ignoring the Little situation - that really should be a bigger deal. Also, if the mediots are being driven to write by what the public wants to read, they should just admit that instead of claiming that they are in their noble profession to reveal truths to the public. That's baloney.
One more thing about Little, it was 11 years ago when he served his sentence and was suspended for half of a football season. Now, we can be unhappy about that level of punishment, but at least he was punished.

BRNXBMRS
02-18-09, 08:42 AM
It was great to see he players & coaches go to support A-rod. This year is going to be special.

YankeeGirl312
02-18-09, 08:49 AM
I think he did the right thing, now needs to move on. The other 103 guys now need to do the same.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

35Knucklecurve
02-18-09, 08:59 AM
Those players who have been critical of A-Rod have no idea how they would react or handle the sitution if it had been one of them behind the microphone yesterday. While I agree that they have a right to voice their opinions and some of them made valid points, until you're the one holding the pin to the grenade, you don't know if you're going to throw your body on it to protect everybody, put the pin back in and hope you're not too late or heave the thing as far away as possible and pray nobody is standing where it lands.

YankeeSteel
02-18-09, 09:37 AM
I submitted a brief note of support in this thread; however,

he would have been better served by a general statement, smile, thank you and good bye.

The media circus yesterday was a giant kafkaesque Sarah Palin 'like' flashback

Yes - general statements do leave a lot to question BUT when you're stupid statements can be your friend.

Here's a tip for Sarah and Alex - When the word(s) are on your lip, but still with one half inside your mouth, and the other half of the word just hitting fresh air, your brain should have already cleared that word for departure. If your (Sarah & Alex) brain is producing words (before you wanted to) and at the same time you and listener are putting the sentence together, it's too late... sh*t has just fallen out of your mouth.

NyQuil
02-18-09, 09:48 AM
He will be getting booed more loudly than ever before at opposing stadiums. The A-Fraud and A-Roid chants will rain down from the heavens.

I support him. Even if you don't cheer loudly for him at the stadium. The team will need it.

NewEraYanks2527
02-18-09, 09:56 AM
Im all for the Red Sox taking their fair 1/30th share of heat for the steroid era, but some of these illogical conspiracy theories really make Yankee fans as a whole look ridiculous.

Really, you think it makes Yankee fans look ridiculous to be supplied with all of these bits and pieces of evidence and make a guess that there may be information that is not being released (the other 103 names). Or take the incomplete and seemingly biased Mitchell Report which was conducted be a person who was a Director in the front office of the Boston Red Sox which conviently included no "superstar" Red Sox player.

Mitchell is a politician and that means there is good chance he has a little bit of corruption in his life. It seems politics and corruption go hand in hand (see Cheney, Dick). For all we know his team spent with the Red Sox could have caused him to become very good friends with many of the players and to a point saying to a friend "hey I found your name, but I'll take care of it for you." Does this really seem that ridiculous and out of the realm of possibility?

You can say it is a conspiracy theory if you want to and in now way do you have to support it, but my opinion differs from you and I don't really think calling it ridiculous is accurate or justified.

PhilHughesFan
02-18-09, 11:55 AM
Really, you think it makes Yankee fans look ridiculous to be supplied with all of these bits and pieces of evidence and make a guess that there may be information that is not being released (the other 103 names). Or take the incomplete and seemingly biased Mitchell Report which was conducted be a person who was a Director in the front office of the Boston Red Sox which conviently included no "superstar" Red Sox player.

Mitchell is a politician and that means there is good chance he has a little bit of corruption in his life. It seems politics and corruption go hand in hand (see Cheney, Dick). For all we know his team spent with the Red Sox could have caused him to become very good friends with many of the players and to a point saying to a friend "hey I found your name, but I'll take care of it for you." Does this really seem that ridiculous and out of the realm of possibility?

You can say it is a conspiracy theory if you want to and in now way do you have to support it, but my opinion differs from you and I don't really think calling it ridiculous is accurate or justified.

George J. Mitchell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_J._Mitchell)

Take a look at his career and come back and say that again. The guy isn't going to tarnish his stellar career by saving David Ortiz. Seriously, you sound ridiculous.

The main informants in the Mitchell Report were McNamee and Radomski, who both happened to work for the NY teams.

NewEraYanks2527
02-18-09, 12:07 PM

Take a look at his career and come back and say that again. The guy isn't going to tarnish his stellar career by saving David Ortiz. Seriously, you sound ridiculous.

The main informants in the Mitchell Report were McNamee and Radomski, who both happened to work for the NY teams.

Yes a stellar career means that person never does anything wrong...ever and there is absolutley no way that Mitchell would do anything to cover anything up ever. You won't even entertain the idea of someone lieing because of a...WIKIPEDIA page?

Thanks for the personal attack about how ridiculous I sound and not saying "I disagree and don't believe it," your professionalism shows.

Yogi
02-18-09, 12:13 PM

If Mitchell was so concerned with his stellar career the ethical thing would have been to step aside and let someone else conduct the inquiry due to his conflict of interest resulting from his relationship with the RedSox.

OldYankeeFan
02-18-09, 12:16 PM

One thing I NEVER got a good answer too when discussing the appointment of Mitchell. With so many able people available with NO affiliation to any club why would Bud select someone with such an inherent conflict of interest?

ieddyi
02-18-09, 12:28 PM
One thing I NEVER got a good answer too when discussing the appointment of Mitchell. With so many able people available with NO affiliation to any club why would Bud select someone with such an inherent conflict of interest?

He had a streak of asinine decisions going and didn't want to break it?

PhilHughesFan
02-18-09, 12:38 PM
If Mitchell was so concerned with his stellar career the ethical thing would have been to step aside and let someone else conduct the inquiry due to his conflict of interest resulting from his relationship with the RedSox.

According to the wiki page, he quit the Sox more than a year before the report was released. And just because there are a few Yankee fans who think the fix is in it doesn't actually tarnish his career that he did the report.

R.V.47
02-18-09, 12:42 PM
According to the wiki page, he quit the Sox more than a year before the report was released. And just because there are a few Yankee fans who think the fix is in it doesn't actually tarnish his career that he did the report.

The main point is not that Mitchell isnt an honorable public servant with a distinguished career. The bigger problem is our genius commisioner Bud Selig appointing someone with ties to a team in the legaue. Thats stupid in itself because even if there wasnt a fix against the yankees it leaves questions like that open which takes credibility away from the Mitchell Report.

tclwca
02-18-09, 12:43 PM
is the jeter press cof. going to be on YES??????

PhilHughesFan
02-18-09, 12:46 PM
The main point is not that Mitchell isnt an honorable public servant with a distinguished career. The bigger problem is our genius commisioner Bud Selig appointing someone with ties to a team in the legaue. Thats stupid in itself because even if there wasnt a fix against the yankees it leaves questions like that open which takes credibility away from the Mitchell Report.

I agree with you there, I'm just saying that I don't think Mitchell did anything wrong.

NewEraYanks2527
02-18-09, 01:14 PM
I agree with you there, I'm just saying that I don't think Mitchell did anything wrong.

No you are saying that it is "ridiculous" (your word not mine) that Mitchell would ever think to do something that was not proper due to his stellar career which you derived from a wiki page.

You know him just as well as I do and for all we both know he could be a baby-puncher but that didn't make it into that entry. It is wrong to assume he has never made a mistake or done something dastardly. People make mistakes, just ask A-Rod.

slickknick
02-18-09, 01:47 PM
I'm a baseball fan and I am a die hard Yankee fan.
Arod tried to get an edge the way many others were doing so at the time. He made a mistake. He did something illegal, unethical, unatural. He admitted it, although the details are still very cloudy -but who cares? Are the details really going to change anything that much? No.

Who in the public eye would honestly admit to anything undesirable unless someone caught them red handed - I know I probably wouldn't.

Why is his name of 104 the only one mentioned and why now after 7 years? I'll tell you why, because Selena Roberts wants all the focus on Arod so she can sell books and SI could sell issues. Now that's good journalism and reporting - report only the news that serves your purpose. She wants the whirlwind around Arod and Arod only. She also never wanted him to admit it as soon as he did - I bet she would've preferred more of a controversial denial. He should have never attacked her in that interview with Gammons because he came down to her level at tht point but she never deserved a public apology but got it anyway.

He made a mistake and will make more. He has 9 years to shatter all statistical records cleanly and perhaps being tested every week. There will always be controversy, so what. Years ago the pitching mound was lowered, add an asterisk. The balls are manufactured tighter and "juiced" now, add an asterisk. Players now get ligament replacement surgery to prolong careers, add an asterisk. Players now have superior trainers, cutting edge medical treatment and superb off season regiments, add an asterisk. The players used to travel on buses and trains but now they fly, add an asterisk.

Do I condone steroids or hgh or any other drug enhancement? No.
I'm still a fan of Arod and I'm pulling for him to break all the records anyway. He has 9 years to do it unlike Clemens and Bonds who are done and have not admitted it.

PhilHughesFan
02-18-09, 01:54 PM
No you are saying that it is "ridiculous" (your word not mine) that Mitchell would ever think to do something that was not proper due to his stellar career which you derived from a wiki page.

You know him just as well as I do and for all we both know he could be a baby-puncher but that didn't make it into that entry. It is wrong to assume he has never made a mistake or done something dastardly. People make mistakes, just ask A-Rod.

Please quote me where I said it is ridiculous that Mitchell would ever think to do something that was not proper? I never said he wouldn't even "think" of doing something.

Seriously, you sound ridiculous.

There's my quote. I said you were being ridiculous with your conspiracy theory, which you continue by mistating what I had previously said.

Mitchell is currently the envoy to the peace process in the middle east. Read Time magazine (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1873532,00.html) some time if you need more information about his career. He's a well respected man who has accomplished a lot more than most people. Yes, anyone can make a mistake but he had no incentive to do so. If you have some information that shows he was biased in this or any other aspect of his career you are more than welcome to post it.

I'm done being negative in the support thread, if you would like to continue the conversation we can take it to one of the many other A-Rod threads where it would be more appropriate.

NewEraYanks2527
02-18-09, 02:05 PM
Please quote me where I said it is ridiculous that Mitchell would ever think to do something that was not proper? I never said he wouldn't even "think" of doing something.

There's my quote. I said you were being ridiculous with your conspiracy theory, which you continue by mistating what I had previously said.

Mitchell is currently the envoy to the peace process in the middle east. Read Time magazine (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1873532,00.html) some time if you need more information about his career. He's a well respected man who has accomplished a lot more than most people. Yes, anyone can make a mistake but he had no incentive to do so. If you have some information that shows he was biased in this or any other aspect of his career you are more than welcome to post it.

I'm done being negative in the support thread, if you would like to continue the conversation we can take it to one of the many other A-Rod threads where it would be more appropriate.

You said my thoughts on Mitchell being less then the supreme being you seem to view him as are ridiculous, in turn saying that it was ridiculous to think he ever would cover anything up.

You attacked my character and could not agree to disagree in a respectful manner. A little bit of respect of the first ammendment rights which you so elegantly refer to in other posts might have gone a long way here to prove your point and it least make an effort to show while you did not agree that nobody should be put down for what they do think.

And please let's not bury our heads in the sand and think that the "peace envoys" are all going to be squeeky clean. Again example, Dick Cheney was the vice president of this country. A fancy title does not mean anything.

I'm glad that seeing as how it was you who brought the belittling negative tones into this thread you have decided to take them elsewhere. I will continue to support A-Rod and maintain that there are 103 other people on that list just as guilty of something that was not illegal at the time as well as countless others who were mysteriously nowhere to be found in the Mitchell report for using substances for whatever reason.

ieddyi
02-18-09, 02:34 PM

He never quit the sawx. HE simply quit his position as a director or on the board- not sure which, while he was doing the report.

Once he finished he resumed his position with the sawx

Again, it's just bud's tone deaf idiocy that's at fault. They had a long time friendly relationship and Bus knew he was gonna protect Bud and MLB

The whole thing was a ( $40M ) stupid charade

The Q Bomb
02-18-09, 04:25 PM
He had a streak of asinine decisions going and didn't want to break it? LOL! Bud has to have some claim to fame.

smckdwn989
02-18-09, 04:28 PM
i support arod. because the bottom line is as a yankee he hasn't failed any tests, he's put up monster numbers in a tough yankee stadium (for righties). he's not perfect, but damn, show me someone that is.

do I like how he handled the situation? hell no. do I believe everything he said? hell no. but i hoenstly believe he was more truthful than most.

he's humor, he's flawed. we all are.

CoyoteYankee
02-18-09, 04:44 PM
i support arod. because the bottom line is as a yankee he hasn't failed any tests, he's put up monster numbers in a tough yankee stadium (for righties). he's not perfect, but damn, show me someone that is.

do I like how he handled the situation? hell no. do I believe everything he said? hell no. but i hoenstly believe he was more truthful than most.

he's humor, he's flawed. we all are.

:lol: Freudian slip?

smckdwn989
02-18-09, 04:44 PM
:lol: Freudian slip?

clearly.

human, humor. same thing hahaha

smckdwn989
02-18-09, 04:45 PM
am i the only one to type completely wrong words sometimes? hahah it's not even a typo, it can't be.

CoyoteYankee
02-18-09, 04:47 PM
am i the only one to type completely wrong words sometimes? hahah it's not even a typo, it can't be.

Not at all. I do it all the time.

Rocketbooster
02-18-09, 06:34 PM

Bud didn't have a problem being named Commissioner when he was still an owner, so why would he have a problem with appointing Mitchell? Clearly the term "conflict of interest" has never crossed his fevered little brain.

NYYDragoon
02-18-09, 08:06 PM
The Captain speaks!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090218&content_id=3844658&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy&partnerId=rss_nyy

The Q Bomb
02-18-09, 08:59 PM
The Captain speaks!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090218&content_id=3844658&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy&partnerId=rss_nyy Thanks for the link. I just listened to the interview. You just have to love this guy. Cool, calm, deliberate, frank, and honest. For all the travail we Yankee fans have - we are damn lucky to have had this guy on our team going on 14 seasons. Good job (as always), Jete!

roblyo33
02-18-09, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the link. I just listened to the interview. You just have to love this guy. Cool, calm, deliberate, frank, and honest. For all the travail we Yankee fans have - we are damn lucky to have had this guy on our team going on 14 seasons. Good job (as always), Jete!

QFT>>>

2JAY
02-19-09, 01:37 AM
It is a shame to see a player with all of Arod's talent, now having his MLB career achievements being called into question because of steroids. Disappointing to say the least.

mystic7
02-19-09, 11:33 AM
I got a few things to say about all this. First off, briefly, I also am a bit suspect over the whole Mitchell report thing. The only Red Sox mentioned in the report was Greg Gagne? A guy they picked up in August that same year, who blew the division for them and then was released? Come on. That lends at least some credibility to a Red Sox coverup.

But my main point is this. From 1998-2003 it wasn't just steroids puffing up offensive numbers. The ball was juiced, too, wound tighter to go farther. Remember that Greg Vaughn of the Padres finished FOURTH in the NL homerun race that year, and he had 51! And the guy who finished ahead of him was Luis Gonzalez, who was as skinny then as he is today, and he had 57 homeruns! If memory serves me, even Ken Griffey had 58 in the AL that year.

So if they want to wipe out A-Rod's stats for that time period, or even Bonds, McGwire, and all the rest, then they have to wipe out everybody's stats for that period. End of rant.

35Knucklecurve
02-19-09, 11:46 AM
Let's not forget that A-Rod probably faced some pitchers who were taking more than vitamins during this time. That doesn't make what he did less damaging, but if you're going to go hunting, don't send all the dogs after one rabbit.

JfromJersey
02-19-09, 01:34 PM
Let's not forget that A-Rod probably faced some pitchers who were taking more than vitamins during this time. That doesn't make what he did less damaging, but if you're going to go hunting, don't send all the dogs after one rabbit.

It would be interesting to find out how many of the 103 on that list were pitchers.

the_coach
02-19-09, 02:07 PM
He had a streak of asinine decisions going and didn't want to break it?

A streak still alive, btw...

Hellsing
02-19-09, 03:45 PM

Yes.

5chars.

NYYDragoon
02-19-09, 05:22 PM
Is anyone else annoyed at the idea that Arod is being considered the "face of the steroid era?" Give me a break...when the guy was on his stuff, no one even noticed. And he wasn't the one who was obviously juicing but had everyone ignore it because he was breaking records. The "face" is still Bonds/McGwire; Alex is just a major casualty.

Stripes4Life
02-19-09, 05:45 PM
I am convinced that Alex did nothing wrong, and there is no proof that he actually took steroids. For all we know it was a banned vitamin that triggered the positive test.

Hellsing
02-19-09, 05:49 PM
I am convinced that Alex did nothing wrong, and there is no proof that he actually took steroids. For all we know it was a banned vitamin that triggered the positive test.

You must be new around here, Cousin Yuri.

b-ball-lunachick
02-19-09, 07:44 PM
Alex Rodriguez received the warmest reception of any Yankees player at workouts Thursday.

Rodriguez spent most of his workout on the main field for the first time since his admission of steroid use. The crowd of 1,590 at George M. Steinbrenner Field applauded Rodriguez when he jogged out onto the field, when he stepped in to take batting practice and after he finished hitting.

"It was nice," Rodriguez said. "I know they're Yankee fans, but it is a start."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyanks0220,0,4186552.story

I'm proud of my fellow Yankee fans. :)

Rocketbooster
02-19-09, 07:53 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyanks0220,0,4186552.story

I'm proud of my fellow Yankee fans. :)

Thanks for posting this!

It's too bad that it took 3 years for Alex to feel comfortable with this team, but I am encouraged in particular by this:

Rodriguez said he has grown closer with teammates, and has received a great deal of support from players all around baseball. He would not single any specific source of support out, but said: "just all the texts and emails from all the guys have been great."

I also liked this part:

Rodriguez said he is very excited to be on the field to prepare for a season he believes will be a great one. He is looking forward to the new additions to the team, including Teixeira, CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett. In fact, Rodriguez ushered Sabathia and Burnett upstairs to meet owner George Steinbrenner Thursday after workouts. Steinbrenner, no longer in good health, is rarely around the ballpark these days.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 08:43 PM
I tolerated him....barely...even before all of this hub bub about drugs. So far, he has proven to be more trouble than he is worth. His moniker of "The Cooler" has been accurate.
It remains to be seen at this point whether he is will amount to a curse or a benefit.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 08:44 PM
I tolerated him....barely...even before all of this hub bub about drugs. So far, he has proven to be more trouble than he is worth. His moniker of "The Cooler" has been accurate.
It remains to be seen at this point whether he is will amount to a curse or a benefit.

So....you believe in curses do ya?

jobamogo
02-19-09, 08:50 PM
Curse as in detrimental and a distraction in general.
Its always something...Madonna,kabahla,strippers,steroids....what next? I bet it kills Jeter and Posada to pretend to support him when I am pretty sure they can barely stand the guy. But, what else can they do? They are stuck.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 08:53 PM
Its always something...Madonna,kabahla,strippers,steroids....what next? I bet it kills Jeter and Posada to pretend to support him when I am pretty sure they can barely stand the guy. But, what else can they do? They are stuck.

Are you going to be one of those guys that base their whole point on something that they can't prove, especially when evidence proves otherwise? It's probably best you let everyone know now.

4bronxbombers
02-19-09, 08:55 PM

You know them personally and they have told you they can't stand him?

jobamogo
02-19-09, 08:57 PM
My point actually is that I cannot stand Arod myself...not one thing about him. I see no evidence to contradict my gut feeling that many of his teammates tolerate him only out of necessity, but whether they like him or not has no bearing on my opinion.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 08:59 PM
My point actually is that I cannot stand Arod myself...not one thing about him. I see no evidence to contradict my gut feeling that many of his teammates tolerate him only out of necessity, but whether they like him or not has no bearing on my opinion.

Are you going to be one of those guys that base their whole point on something that they can't prove, especially when evidence proves otherwise? It's probably best you let everyone know now.

So that's a yes?

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:00 PM

A very auspicious beginning.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:01 PM
PS I don't think it really matters either whether the others on the team can stand him or not, as long as they win...who cares really. I don't go to work to be friends with the people I work with. At the end of the day..I go home and so do they and that is that.
I just think that headcase Alex has will be even more of a headcase now and as such it will affect the team's overall performance.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:02 PM
So that's a yes?

And you can prove they DO like him????

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:04 PM
And you can prove they DO like him????

Jeter is always out to meals with him as well as in the Bahamas earlier in the offseason. Do you spend your free time with people you can't tolerate?

Nobody is obligated to spend their free time with their teammates. Sure that doesn't prove everyone likes him but it backs up more than your "gut feeling."

R.V.47
02-19-09, 09:05 PM
PS I don't think it really matters either whether the others on the team can stand him or not, as long as they win...who cares really. I don't go to work to be friends with the people I work with. At the end of the day..I go home and so do they and that is that.
I just think that headcase Alex has will be even more of a headcase now and as such it will affect the team's overall performance.

Has there really been anything said by any player that would lead you to believe A-Rod is not a good teammate? Because I havent other than this media created rift between him and Jeter which doesnt really exist in the real world, only in newspapers.

4bronxbombers
02-19-09, 09:05 PM
Jeter is always out to meals with him as well as in the Bahamas earlier in the offseason. Do you spend your free time with people you can't tolerate?

Don't even bother Trev.

4bronxbombers
02-19-09, 09:06 PM
Has there really been anything said by any player that would lead you to believe A-Rod is not a good teammate? Because I havent other than this media created rift between him and Jeter which doesnt really exist in the real world, only in newspapers.

Exactly. People hear this stuff from the media and freakin believe it and start saying it. :eek:

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:07 PM

Just a gut feeling...and I trust my gut feelings. Like I said....it does not matter in the long run what they think when it comes to affecting what I think.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:08 PM
Just a gut feeling...and I trust my gut feelings. Like I said....it does not matter in the long run what they think when it comes to affecting what I think.

It's probably just diarrhea. I think it's time for you to make.

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:08 PM
Don't even bother Trev.

Just what we need..........another alleged Yankee fan joining the forum to rag on our best player.........:eek: :dunno:

Edit: He/she obviously can't read either. (Note the Thread Title)

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:09 PM
My gut feeling tells me that Posada is a switch hitting voodoo priest in the offseason.

jobamogo
Exactly. People hear this stuff from the media and freakin believe it and start saying it. :eek:
I don't belive anything I hear in the media. I just make up my own mind based on my own observations,etc. Body language of Jeter at the press conference was "I am forced to be here and I'd rather be playin golf".

4bronxbombers
I don't belive anything I hear in the media. I just make up my own mind based on my own observations,etc. Body language of Jeter at the press conference was "I am forced to be here and I'd rather be playin golf".

Oh, ok. :uhh: Carry on...

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:10 PM

Another body language expert!!!!!

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:11 PM
You'd be a good tabloid reporter. This gut feeling thing is right up there with a paper saying Castro was sending trained sharks to attack our beaches a few summers back.

4bronxbombers
My gut feeling tells me that Posada is a switch hitting voodoo priest in the offseason.

Um, that's true. I read it in the NY Post.

jobamogo
Just what we need..........another alleged Yankee fan joining the forum to rag on our best player.........:eek: :dunno:

Edit: He/she obviously can't read either. (Note the Thread Title)
I am a lifelong Yankee fan and season tix holder, but that does not mean I blindly love everyone who wears a Yankee uniform. To me..Arod will never be anyone I will admire..Yankee or not.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:12 PM
A-Rod isn't my favorite player on the team but seriously...some of the things people say on here absolutely baffle me.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:12 PM
I am a lifelong Yankee fan and season tix holder, but that does not mean I blindly love everyone who wears a Yankee uniform. To me..Arod will never be anyone I will admire..Yankee or not.

Nobody is saying you have to like him.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:13 PM
You'd be a good tabloid reporter. This gut feeling thing is right up there with a paper saying Castro was sending trained sharks to attack our beaches a few summers back.
Whatever.....
You people would make great lemmings.

JOBA RULES
02-19-09, 09:14 PM
somebody just told me that "Boli" was never sold in the DR from 01-03....if true arod is screwed with a capitol S...it was on espn bottom line

4bronxbombers
So much for a "support" thread.

roblyo33

No one is asking you to admire him. Why come in here and bash him?? That makes no sense. No one really cares about your gut feelings.

jobamogo
Nobody is saying you have to like him.
I wish he had gone to Boston.

R.V.47

But I bet you cheer for him when he hits a bomb into monument park.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:15 PM
Whatever.....
You people would make great lemmings.

You're right. How dare we question your spot on gut feelings. Tell us more!

4bronxbombers
No one is asking you to admire him. Why come in here and bash him?? That makes no sense. No one really cares about your gut feelings.

Hello....SUPPORT thread.....:doh:

Not you roblyo....

JOBA RULES
Guys AROD is soooo screwed if what ESPN is reporting is true

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:17 PM
Because in the long run he has done more to harm the image of the team by all the negative attention he has brought.
And if Yankees make the postseason...I will bet you money that he comes up 0 for whatever yet again.

b-ball-lunachick
02-19-09, 09:17 PM
did you observe Cano and Melky following A-Rod through this workouts last year? They must really hate him too...

btw - is your username supposed to be Joba Mojo or mogo? what is mogo? :confused:

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:19 PM
Because in the long run he has done more to harm the image of the team by all the negative attention he has brought.
And if Yankees make the postseason...I will bet you money that he comes up 0 for whatever yet again.

What image are they supposed to possess exactly?

b-ball-lunachick
02-19-09, 09:19 PM
Guys AROD is soooo screwed if what ESPN is reporting is true
huh? :link:

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:20 PM
But I bet you cheer for him when he hits a bomb into monument park.
I want the team to win but I don't cheer for him persay.
I was hoping last year they would have let him go when he opted out.

YanksFan1992

So.....why are you in the A-Rod Support thread then?

JOBA RULES
huh? :link:

ESPN Bottom line said that BOLI was never sold in the DR in 01-03 aka Alex was lying through his teeth...I pray it's not true

EDIT: I don't have a link I just saw it scroll past the TV

teknetic
02-19-09, 09:21 PM

http://www.double-whammy.com/photos/tim_roth.jpg

4bronxbombers
02-19-09, 09:21 PM
So.....why are you in the A-Rod Support thread then?

To tell us stuff like Jorge and Derek don't like him....gut feelings and body language of players will tell you that.

JDPNYY
02-19-09, 09:22 PM
did you observe Cano and Melky following A-Rod through this workouts last year? They must really hate him too...

btw - is your username supposed to be Joba Mojo or mogo? what is mogo? :confused:

http://www.mogoscooter.com/

4bronxbombers
02-19-09, 09:23 PM
http://www.mogoscooter.com/

:lol:

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:23 PM

No I was not talking about those two...
I don't think you want to hear my thoughts on Cano.
Lets just say it is clear that there is not an IQ test required to be in the major leagues!
Tons of talent there, but unfortunately will be limited by the body parts above the neck I am afraid.

YESSIR!
02-19-09, 09:24 PM
ESPN Bottom line said that BOLI was never sold in the DR in 01-03 aka Alex was lying through his teeth...I pray it's not true

I don't see this anywhere. If it was big, it would be on the ESPN front page.

JOBA RULES
I don't see this anywhere. If it was big, it would be on the ESPN front page.

I was thinking the same thing...Odd..I hope its not true though

CallOfTheCrow
This dude will be outed as a Sox troll in about a week.

YanksFan1992
02-19-09, 09:25 PM
Lets just say it is clear that there is not an IQ test required to be in the major leagues!
Tons of talent there, but unfortunately will be limited by the body parts above the neck I am afraid.

So, those who like A-Rod are stupid, and you can tell who doesn't like him through body language.

Okay then.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:26 PM

If you thought anything he said was true in the first place you are drinking the Yankee /Boras PR koolaid.

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:27 PM

He/she lives in New England.

YESSIR!
02-19-09, 09:28 PM

Why don't you remove your personal insecurities from a "support" thread. Because a guy doesn't speak great English you attack his intelligence? Does ARod bother you because he doesn't meet your criteria for a stand-up ballplayer?

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:28 PM
I don't have to prove myself as a Yankee fan to you people.
I think it is amazing that you think that being a fan means you blindly support everything and everyone connected with the team. Bizarre.

b-ball-lunachick
02-19-09, 09:29 PM
if you meant your username to be Mojo not mogo, that would be ironic that you're implying that Robinson is dumb.

It's also ironic that you come to bash A-Rod in the support thread so perhaps you don't know the definition of the word support?

you said:

I see no evidence to contradict my gut feeling that many of his teammates tolerate him only out of necessity, but whether they like him or not has no bearing on my opinion.

so it doesn't matter if Melky or Cano don't like him..they aren't intelligent enough to like someone?

I think you're just here to troll...

JOBA RULES
02-19-09, 09:29 PM
If you thought anything he said was true in the first place you are drinking the Yankee /Boras PR koolaid.

Oh man I wish I could be as coooool as youuuu....

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:30 PM
I think it is amazing that you think that being a fan means you blindly support everything and everyone connected with the team. Bizarre.

So you'd root against A-Rod if his success directly benefits the team? Do you get pissed when he hits a walkoff homer?

I support what benefits the team. I hated Sheffield & Randy Johnson but I didn't wish they would fail because that would hurt the team.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:30 PM
Why don't you remove your personal insecurities from a "support" thread. Because a guy doesn't speak great English you attack his intelligence? Does ARod bother you because he doesn't meet your criteria for a stand-up ballplayer?

I never said a word about his English. I am speaking about his intelligence as a player. He is much like Soriano...hugely talented, but not enough smarts to make the best of it. Thats all. Lots of potential but does some pretty dumb stuff on the field at times.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:31 PM
So, those who like A-Rod are stupid, and you can tell who doesn't like him through body language.

Okay then.

Apparently I am not only stupid, but you can see my body language via my typed words on my pc. Wow, there are a lot of newbies in this thread--wonder what their intentions might be?

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:33 PM
So you'd root against A-Rod if his success directly benefits the team? Do you get pissed when he hits a walkoff homer?

I support what benefits the team. I hated Sheffield & Randy Johnson but I didn't wish they would fail because that would hurt the team.
My point is exactly that so far, overall, although he has done some good things at times....OVERALL..he has yet to benefit the team anywhere close to what he is being paid to do.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:34 PM
I never said a word about his English. I am speaking about his intelligence as a player. He is much like Soriano...hugely talented, but not enough smarts to make the best of it. Thats all. Lots of potential but does some pretty dumb stuff on the field at times.

This assertion is simply ridiculous. Have you spent any time at all checking either of those players actual #s??? I'm not trying to get a suspension from the site, but you're pretty uninformed.

YESSIR!
02-19-09, 09:34 PM

You're such a fine judge of character! So Cano botching a play on the baseball field equates to him being dumb. Perfectly sensible. Perhaps people should follow you around waiting for you to stub your toe in a pot-hole so they can point and laugh at how amazingly stoopid you are!

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:35 PM
My point is exactly that so far, overall, although he has done some good things at times....OVERALL..he has yet to benefit the team anywhere close to what he is being paid to do.

So you don't want a Yankee victory if A-Rod is directly tied to it....wow.

Why even bring salary into the equation? No athlete's salary ever equates to their performance so that's a terrible retort.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:36 PM

How dare you--that is so ridiculous. :uhh:

YanksFan1992
02-19-09, 09:37 PM

So did A-Rod run over your puppy or your kitten?

CallOfTheCrow
I hope A-Rod turns into a fire breathing dragon & flies around the bases after hitting a 725' homer.

jobamogo
Apparently I am not only stupid, but you can see my body language via my typed words on my pc. Wow, there are a lot of newbies in this thread--wonder what their intentions might be?
Huh? We were discussing jeter's body language at the press conference..not yours.
Jeter looked about as comfortable as he would getting a root canal.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:38 PM
So you don't want a Yankee victory if A-Rod is directly tied to it....wow.

Why even bring salary into the equation? No athlete's salary ever equates to their performance so that's a terrible retort.

I was incredibly unimpressed when A-Rod hit walk-off HRs two years ago in dramatic fashion. It just showed me how incredibly overrated he is.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:40 PM
So did A-Rod run over your puppy or your kitten?

No but I wonder if you will still "support" him when he chokes in October. Assuming they actually are still playing in October...

YanksFan1992
02-19-09, 09:41 PM
No but I wonder if you will still "support" him when he chokes in October. Assuming they actually are still playing in October...

Yeah, actually I still do. There's a difference between supporting someone and being blind to what they do. I'm disappointed when A-Rod does poorly in October, but that doesn't mean I won't still be a supporter of his the next day.

Ynkcpt23
Huh? We were discussing jeter's body language at the press conference..not yours.
Jeter looked about as comfortable as he would getting a root canal.

DJ always looks like he is uncomfortable when he's dealing directly with the press--he doesn't want to be any kind of quote for the NY media if at all possible.

Tell you what--let us put you in front of the Daily News, Post, Times etc etc etc, and let's see how you do. Root canal might be preferable.

YankeePride1967
Wow, 408 supporters so far!

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:42 PM
Yeah, actually I still do. There's a difference between supporting someone and being blind to what they do. I'm disappointed when A-Rod does poorly in October, but that doesn't mean I won't still be a supporter of his the next day.

Excellent. Well put.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:42 PM
I was incredibly unimpressed when A-Rod hit walk-off HRs two years ago in dramatic fashion. It just showed me how incredibly overrated he is.

Somebody will complain that it took him so long to hit the homer.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:43 PM
I never said that. You are twisting my words. I said he has done some positive things, but in my opinion, not enough so far to overshadow the negatives. It remains to be seen but would not hold my breath that he all of a sudden becomes Babe Ruth.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:45 PM
Excellent. Well put.
Well, that is fine for you, but I am not a supporter of his and would be happy if he were elsewhere.

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:46 PM
Well, that is fine for you, but I am not a supporter of his and would be happy if he were elsewhere.

Then get out of his support thread..............better yet, go to SOSH

YESSIR!
I never said that. You are twisting my words. I said he has done some positive things, but in my opinion, not enough so far to overshadow the negatives. It remains to be seen but would not hold my breath that he all of a sudden becomes Babe Ruth.

Incredible. ARod's 2007 was the best season for a Yankee in decades; at least since Mantle won the triple-crown. Can you concede that?

BxBomber44
I come in here and see this garbage... take a time machine, go back in time, and change the past. Then we won't have to deal with it...

OR

We could support A-Rod in the SUPPORT thread. SOSH would appreciate this, but no one here does.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:47 PM

Have you noticed the title of this thread you complete idiot?

Why don't you dabble in "making sense"?

BxBomber44
Then get out of his support thread..............better yet, go to SOSH

Great minds think alike.

jobamogo
DJ always looks like he is uncomfortable when he's dealing directly with the press--he doesn't want to be any kind of quote for the NY media if at all possible.

Tell you what--let us put you in front of the Daily News, Post, Times etc etc etc, and let's see how you do. Root canal might be preferable.
He was sitting in the audience. He was not being interviewed. He looked bored and annoyed.
He said all the right things that he was supposed to say whe he was interviewed, but I don't buy that anymore than I buy the story Arod was pitching.

BxBomber44
02-19-09, 09:48 PM
He was sitting in the audience. He was not being interviewed. He looked bored and annoyed.
He said all the right things that he was supposed to say whe he was interviewed, but I don't buy that anymore than I buy the story Arod was pitching.

If you think he looked annoyed you should see me.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:49 PM
I almost feel like digging up the Sports Bar thread that criticizes Jeter just because.

Stripes4Life
AROD will be vindicated from all these allegations once the truth finally comes out that he in fact DID NOT take any steroids. If anything, someone (possibly his trainer) was supplying him vitamins/supplements that just triggered a positive test. Probably things any of us can get at our local GNC.

AROD is a hero, and my son's favorite player. We will continue to support him. I learned after this past election that the mainstream media can not be trusted. Therefore I refuse to believe any of their rhetoric or lies, and go with my heart, and in my heart I know he is clean.

roblyo33
Never looked before but, does this site have an ignore button???

Ynkcpt23
If you think he looked annoyed you should see me.

Thank you brother! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:50 PM

Oh yes, my friend, and it happens to be quite useful...

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:51 PM
Incredible. ARod's 2007 was the best season for a Yankee in decades; at least since Mantle won the triple-crown. Can you concede that?
Yes he was good that season. He is good at wracking up individual stats...for sure.
I'll take a Brosius over him anyday.

CallOfTheCrow
I don't like the ignore button because if someone quotes the person you have on ignore, you're going to see the post anyway.

BxBomber44

Block list, ignore - this site's got it. Chances are this guy's a Sox (Between 12-17) fan trying to get us all fired up. Also known around here as a Troll.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:52 PM
AROD will be vindicated from all these allegations once the truth finally comes out that he in fact DID NOT take any steroids. If anything, someone (possibly his trainer) was supplying him vitamins/supplements that just triggered a positive test. Probably things any of us can get at our local GNC.

AROD is a hero, and my son's favorite player. We will continue to support him. I learned after this past election that the mainstream media can not be trusted. Therefore I refuse to believe any of their rhetoric or lies, and go with my heart, and in my heart I know he is clean.
Wow...you ARE delusional.

CallOfTheCrow
Wow...you ARE delusional.

Says the guy talking about his gut feelings.......

YESSIR!
Yes he was good that season. He is good at wracking up individual stats...for sure.

You're a troll. Check back when you want to logically talk baseball.

BxBomber44
02-19-09, 09:53 PM

:-hijack-: :-hijack-: :-hijack-: :-hijack-: :-hijack-: :-banned-: :nopity: :nopity:

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:53 PM
I don't like the ignore button because if someone quotes the person you have on ignore, you're going to see the post anyway.

Good point.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 09:54 PM

PS Why did this clena guy go on record that he was injected multiple times with w performance enhancing substance? Or was that a media hoax?

YESSIR!

Stripes, the dude admitted to injecting steroids into his ass. He's not clean. Thanks, though.

roblyo33
PS Why did this clena guy go on record that he was injected multiple times with w performance enhancing substance? Or was that a media hoax?

Remember...........in your view he's a pathological liar!!!

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:55 PM

Dude, I'll send the quarter to buy yourself a clue. Anybody who's been on this site for any time at all is already yawning at your pathetic trollness. Please go find another hobby, you're an embarrassment.

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 09:55 PM
One guy is going with his heart while this guy is going with his gut. Anybody else got something to offer?

Maybe we can get Bobby Jr in here so he can talk out of his ass as usual.

roblyo33
02-19-09, 09:56 PM
One guy is going with his heart while this guy is going with his gut. Anybody else got something to offer?

Maybe we can get Bobby Jr in here so he can talk out of his ass as usual.

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>

YankeePride1967
02-19-09, 09:56 PM
I would like to thank all 438 supporters of A-Rod. Keep the number growing!!!

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 09:57 PM
What's a "clena guy"?

CallOfTheCrow
02-19-09, 10:02 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/wgyzco.jpg
This thread........it needs more cowbell.

Ynkcpt23
02-19-09, 10:02 PM
[quote=YankeePride1967]I would like to thank all 438 supporters of A-Rod. Keep the number growing!!![/quote

I'm with you--I don't give a s*** about this. Let McGwire and Bonds start talking then give Alex a while lot of unnecessary nonsense. Come on. There are 103 players that they have some knowledge about. Is one of them Sosa? Give me a farking break.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 10:05 PM
Remember...........in your view he's a pathological liar!!!
Look...I was trying to make myself find SOMETHING to be positive about with regard to this guy when all this first came out. I never liked him and I never liked the negative distractions he would bring to the team.
So...I was hoping he would just fess up and come clean. I thought he was very disingenuous and not believable. I know a fair amount about pharmacology as I practice medicine and I am telling you that the drug he tested positive for..at the time..was a designer drug available to only someone making lots of $$$$$. There is no way that someone who makes his living in professional sports "does'nt know" what is being injected into him on NUMEROUS occasions by his "cousin".
I think it was unfair that he was singled out. There were 103 others that tested positive.
There are countless others who have taken undetectable substances like HGH.
So on that level I think he was treated unfarily and I think Selig is a hypocritical Red Sox loving piece of&*(()(). But...I still can't stand Arod.

jobamogo
02-19-09, 10:10 PM
PS. In a year when there is so much to be positive about...Texiera,Sabathia,Burnett....etc....THIS is what we have to overshaow it all. It makes me really angry and questioning why I would want to pay my tix invoice.

Stripes4Life
02-19-09, 10:17 PM
Stripes, the dude admitted to injecting steroids into his ass. He's not clean. Thanks, though.

I personally have NOT seen any of the interviews. Quite frankly because I do not feel like being tricked into believing something that is just not true. Likewise, I refuse to have someone I don't know hurt my son, just because he has "sources" claiming his hero is not clean.

Moreover from what I've read in the other thread, AROD only "tested positive" (whatever that means) for a banned substance. BIG difference between banned substance (vitamins) and actual steroids.

The appropriate time will come when ARODs name is cleared. Until then, I will not back down in my support.

JavyVazquezIsSick
02-19-09, 10:17 PM
Has anyone here actually ever taken steroids?

roblyo33
02-19-09, 10:20 PM
Has anyone here actually ever taken steroids?

Yeah, my 89 y.o. mother did.........for her eyes. btw, she still drives so, they must work!!!!

BxBomber44
02-19-09, 10:29 PM
Javy your avatar haunts me, always has - always will.

teknetic
02-19-09, 11:09 PM

Judging by the title of this thread, I'm guessing..yes?

Edit: Didn't even see the Brosius comment, you're oblivious to logic.

Rocketbooster
02-19-09, 11:17 PM

Why don't you go infect your own thread with this stuff? You're talking IQ yet you fail to realize the title of this thread is for those in SUPPORT of Alex.

Ignore this guy - he's hijacked it enough already.

Rocketbooster
02-19-09, 11:20 PM
if you meant your username to be Mojo not mogo, that would be ironic that you're implying that Robinson is dumb.

It's also ironic that you come to bash A-Rod in the support thread so perhaps you don't know the definition of the word support?

you said:

so it doesn't matter if Melky or Cano don't like him..they aren't intelligent enough to like someone?

I think you're just here to troll...

Believe it or not, what I think he's saying is that whether Jeter/Posada like Alex will have no bearing on his opinion (which is that they don't).

LOL Don't let the facts get in the way of a good theory...

Rocketbooster
02-19-09, 11:26 PM
Yeah, my 89 y.o. mother did.........for her eyes. btw, she still drives so, they must work!!!!

I took them for my ears.......it upped my performance at work by a tremendous amount, lol. My paper cuts healed faster, also.

TheHugeUnit2
02-20-09, 12:30 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20090219/i/r844307547.jpg

A man works on a banner depicting Dominican baseball players Alex Rodriguez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5275/) (L) of the New York Yankees (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/nyy/) and Sammy Sosa (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4344/) in the town of Boca Chica February 18, 2009. The sign below Rodriguez reads "Alex in spite of all, you are the best in this business", and the speech bubble next to Sosa reads "I'm on the way to becoming a classic".

Liger
02-20-09, 09:02 AM
Never a huge fan of A-rod's personal hijinks, but I can't get over the fact that he is the scapegoat and getting the brunt of sh** when there are over 100 others is the same boat. They don't have to deal with the scuntiny and distractions this spring. He deserves it, cause he used, but so did they, the only difference is that they didn't get caught. For all you haters, how many of those 100+ players are/were on YOUR team!

mystic7
02-20-09, 09:25 AM
[quote=YankeePride1967]I would like to thank all 438 supporters of A-Rod. Keep the number growing!!![/quote

I'm with you--I don't give a s*** about this. Let McGwire and Bonds start talking then give Alex a while lot of unnecessary nonsense. Come on. There are 103 players that they have some knowledge about. Is one of them Sosa? Give me a farking break.
Don't forget, Sosa also corked his bat. Add in the juiced ball in that era and no wonder he was hitting 560 ft. homeruns.

The other day MLB Network was showing the game where Randy Johnson struck out 20 Athletics. In that game McGwire effortlessly hit a 538 foot homerun. Who hits 500+ foot homeruns these days, post steroids?

the_coach
02-20-09, 11:30 AM

Wouldn't anyone rather golf than talk to the medidiots??

Meecham4ever
02-20-09, 11:31 AM
Never a huge fan of A-rod's personal hijinks, but I can't get over the fact that he is the scapegoat and getting the brunt of sh** when there are over 100 others is the same boat. They don't have to deal with the scuntiny and distractions this spring. He deserves it, cause he used, but so did they, the only difference is that they didn't get caught. For all you haters, how many of those 100+ players are/were on YOUR team!

Not that it matters all that much, but the number of players may be less...supposedly there are 103 positive TESTS, with some players possibly testing positive two/multiple times.

the_coach
02-20-09, 11:37 AM

With Laser Beams!!?

Hellsing
02-20-09, 11:48 AM
If this HGH sh!t is true, then I officially rescind my support for A-Rod.

roblyo33
02-20-09, 12:15 PM
Not that it matters all that much, but the number of players may be less...supposedly there are 103 positive TESTS, with some players possibly testing positive two/multiple times.

Then the mathematical sample that they used to determine whether to test for PEDs is incorrect.