PDA

View Full Version : where is the original ray's pizza nyc??

hbk81
01-22-09, 04:15 PM
there seems to be alot of them saying they are the orginal one can some please tell me where it is . ty

ShaneTravis
01-22-09, 04:20 PM
Why? It's not even top 10 pizza places here in NYC.

THEBOSS84
01-22-09, 04:25 PM
Why? It's not even top 10 pizza places here in NYC.

What are your favorite pizza places in NYC (only NYC, not Brooklyn).

mentalgidget
It's at the corner of 1st and 1st.

the nexus of the universe!!

anyone?? anyone??

hbk81
o really wow where can i get that list. everywhere i look they are all different top ten.

hbk81
01-22-09, 04:26 PM
What are your favorite pizza places in NYC (only NYC, not Brooklyn). you can add brooklyn

THEBOSS84
01-22-09, 04:27 PM
you can add brooklyn

If you're adding Brooklyn, the 2 names everyone will say are Di Fara and L&B.

Steve Dalkowski
01-22-09, 04:31 PM
What are your favorite pizza places in NYC (only NYC, not Brooklyn).John's (Bleecker, not Times Sq.), Joe's, Lombardi's, Grimaldi's (Brooklyn). I've heard great things about Patsy's, too, but have never been there.

Comparatively, "Ray's" sucks.

Casey37
01-22-09, 04:33 PM
If you're adding Brooklyn, the 2 names everyone will say are Di Fara and L&B.

Where's the love for Spumoni Gardens?

THEBOSS84
01-22-09, 04:34 PM
Where's the love for Spumoni Gardens?

L&B is Spumoni Gardens ;)

THEBOSS84
01-22-09, 04:34 PM
John's (Bleecker, not Times Sq.), Joe's, Lombardi's, Grimaldi's (Brooklyn). I've heard great things about Patsy's, too, but have never been there.

Comparatively, "Ray's" sucks.

From that list I've only been to Grimaldi's - and it was great both times.

Yankee Tripper
01-22-09, 04:40 PM
I miss great NY pizza:(

GordonGecko
01-22-09, 04:44 PM
Ray's isn't that great, it's just well known by longevity. Try Grimaldi's under the brooklyn bridge, Patsy's any one of several locations, or Johns on 44th or in the village

Casey37
01-22-09, 04:44 PM
L&B is Spumoni Gardens ;)

Thanks Boss. Complete mental flatulence on my part. :o

Steve Dalkowski
01-22-09, 04:48 PM
Ray's isn't that great, it's just well known by longevity. Try Grimaldi's under the brooklyn bridge, Patsy's any one of several locations, or Johns on 44th or in the village
John's on 44th is TOTALLY different from the one in the Village. They use different recipes - I'd highly recommend skipping Times Square and going to the Bleecker St. location. Better atmosphere, too.

fredgmuggs
01-22-09, 04:52 PM
John's on 44th is TOTALLY different from the one in the Village. They use different recipes - I'd highly recommend skipping Times Square and going to the Bleecker St. location. Better atmosphere, too.
I've only been to the one in Times Square. Although I don't remember much about the pizza, the restaurant itself is seriously cool with that stained glass dome from its remnants as a former church. Its worth going there at least once.

GordonGecko
01-22-09, 04:58 PM
Yes the pizza is different but I wouldn't say totally different. You'll probably have a bit of a wait outside in the village

ShaneTravis
01-22-09, 06:26 PM
What are your favorite pizza places in NYC (only NYC, not Brooklyn).

I tried to find past posts. We had a great pizza debate a while ago.

From memory.....

Now, these are my top picks so there is room for debate. Also you have to include the boroughs. Some of the best food (ethnic) is outside of Manhattan. The rents get so crazy here that the turnover makes it hard for good food to stick around. Queens and the like have family run business's for 20 years or more.

Hence the great Grimaldi's/Patsy's split which is famous for the feuding family.

In no particular order

Bleeker Street pizza
Denino's Staten Island
Sullivan St. Bakers---47th and 10th
Joe's ---Carmine street
Maffies---21st and 6th ave---ask for the grandma or grandpa pie! not slice
Franny's---Prospect Heights
Lazzara's Pizza cafe---high 30's around 7th ave--considered the best
Totonno's ---Coney Island---never been but always makes the list of great pie's
Una Pizza on 12th and 1st---fond memories right in the heart of bar central--probably have thrown up more times on that block than anywhere else in the world.
Nicks---Queens
Grimaldi's and Johns on Bleeker are still my favorites but are very famous and were mentioned before.

Casey37
01-22-09, 06:46 PM
Totonno's ---Coney Island---never been but always makes the list of great pie's

This place hasn't been the same since about a year ago or so. Definitely not what it used to be.

RJ44
01-22-09, 08:07 PM

anyone?? anyone??

first thing I thought of when I say this thread, too! :lol:

4bronxbombers
01-22-09, 08:16 PM
I've only been to the one in Times Square. Although I don't remember much about the pizza, the restaurant itself is seriously cool with that stained glass dome from its remnants as a former church. Its worth going there at least once.

Wow, that does sound cool.

TheMick@ND
01-22-09, 09:24 PM
Somtimes I wish I lived in New York :(

GordonGecko
01-22-09, 09:47 PM
Somtimes I wish I lived in New York :(
So what are you doing in Colorado?? :)

Big_E
01-22-09, 10:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray%27s_Pizza

Jersey Yankee
01-22-09, 11:36 PM
there seems to be alot of them saying they are the orginal one can some please tell me where it is . ty
That was back in the 1990s in Manhattan when there were lots of pizza joints calling themselves "Ray's Original" or "Ray's Famous" or wot-evah.

Basically, people would have some large electric ovens and throw in some sandwiches and a little pasta, then call themselves that name. They were pretty good pizza, but never great. I have no idea why the name was so important to them, since if they were in a good location and made pretty good pizza, they'd get lots of customers anywayz.

Brick oven pizza is far better, and some liked focaccia bread, too.

Jersey Yankee
01-22-09, 11:38 PM
Where in Times Square? The one on 7th Ave & around 50th St?

yankeesfaninaz
01-23-09, 12:23 AM
we have a Rays pizza in scottsdale, az. as close to NYC pizza that we have

Jersey Yankee
01-23-09, 03:44 AM
we have a Rays pizza in scottsdale, az. as close to NYC pizza that we have
Do they deliver it to you on a bike-a like-a this-a one?

http://i.pbase.com/g3/66/635166/2/57030018.NYCPizza.jpg

Do you wait-a on-a line-a 'til they call you, and you-a give them-a list of thingies-a you want-a them to add to the pizza? If not-a, then it's not a NYC pizza pie-a. ;)

http://www.davidm.net/photo/images/nyc/nycPizza2.jpg

BronxBaumer
01-23-09, 03:51 AM
Is Sbarro any good? I saw that all over the plave last time I was in NYC but ended up going to Di Fara's instead.

I don't know anything about this sbarro though...

RhodyYanksFan
01-23-09, 07:04 AM
The corner of 1st and 1st.

fredgmuggs
01-23-09, 07:50 AM
Where in Times Square? The one on 7th Ave & around 50th St?
It's just about across the street from the Majestic Theater (Phantom of the Opera - seemingly has been playing there forever) on W44th.

Here's their website - http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm The photo gallery shows the dome.

My wife and I went there when we saw Phantom of the Opera years ago. We stumbled into John's sort of by accident because it was cold that day and it was nearby, so we decided to go there because it was handy... but between the cool surroundings of the restaurant and spending about $25 for two of us - in the theater district, no less - I was thrilled at our good luck.

4bronxbombers
01-23-09, 06:08 PM
It's just about across the street from the Majestic Theater (Phantom of the Opera - seemingly has been playing there forever) on W44th.

Here's their website - http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm The photo gallery shows the dome.

My wife and I went there when we saw Phantom of the Opera years ago. We stumbled into John's sort of by accident because it was cold that day and it was nearby, so we decided to go there because it was handy... but between the cool surroundings of the restaurant and spending about $25 for two of us - in the theater district, no less - I was thrilled at our good luck.

What a great find. I'd love to go there someday.

GordonGecko
01-23-09, 09:02 PM
What a great find. I'd love to go there someday.
It's not exactly a secret place :P

GordonGecko
01-23-09, 09:03 PM
Is Sbarro any good? I saw that all over the plave last time I was in NYC but ended up going to Di Fara's instead.

Sbarro is garbage, don't waste your appetite

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-23-09, 09:04 PM

:lol:

YanksFan1992
01-23-09, 09:14 PM

Oh dear.

gdn
01-23-09, 09:33 PM
Sbarro is better than Dominos.

4bronxbombers
01-24-09, 07:11 AM
It's not exactly a secret place :P

Didn't say it was.

CptCrunch
01-24-09, 09:49 AM
Sbarro is better than Dominos.

That's because Domino's isn't pizza.

Sam18
01-24-09, 09:53 AM
I love fast food, I happen to think McDonalds tastes awesome but jeebus Dominos is disguuuuusting.

GordonGecko
01-24-09, 09:53 AM
I love fast food, I happen to think McDonalds tastes awesome but jeebus Dominos is disguuuuusting.
If you have to go with a fast food chain papa john's is decent

DiMaggio5CF
01-24-09, 09:54 AM
I've heard great things about Patsy's, too, but have never been there.

I like Patsy's. I stop by there everytime I'm forced to go into the City.

GordonGecko
01-24-09, 09:56 AM
I like Patsy's. I stop by there everytime I'm forced to go into the City.
they drag you in handcuffs?

YanksFan1992
01-24-09, 11:50 AM
If you have to go with a fast food chain papa john's is decent
Yup, Papa John's is far and away the best "fast-food pizza." But if you live in a relatively big city, it shouldn't be too hard to find a better alternative, that isn't some national chain.

JfromJersey
01-24-09, 12:30 PM
I don't know about the original Rays, but the one I always think of is on 6th Avenue in the Village.

In the Village, I'm partial to John's on Bleecker for whole pies, or Joe's on Carmine for slices.

I don't know about the Bronx or Queens but Di Fara's makes the best pie in Brooklyn. Totonno's is still good but not as good as it used to be.

In Staten Island i like Joe and Pat's and Deninos.

GordonGecko
01-24-09, 12:43 PM
FYI Pasty Grimaldi, the founder of what most people vote to be the best pizza in New York and who sold his brand many years ago, is back in the business. And he's selling by the slice, which is an awesome slap in the face to the "whole pie only" nazi elitists

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B00E3D81731F933A25751C1A9609C8B63&sec=&spon=

RhodyYanksFan
01-24-09, 12:50 PM
FYI Pasty Grimaldi, the founder of what most people vote to be the best pizza in New York and who sold his brand many years ago, is back in the business. And he's selling by the slice, which is an awesome slap in the face to the "whole pie only" nazi elitists

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B00E3D81731F933A25751C1A9609C8B63&sec=&spon=

That the one in Brooklyn?

GordonGecko
01-24-09, 01:02 PM
That the one in Brooklyn?
He founded the one under the Brooklyn bridge but isn't involved there any more. He just came out of retirement to open up a new place at the Aviator Sports museum in Brookyln

jlw1980
01-24-09, 11:37 PM
Here's the web site for Grimaldi's in Brooklyn.
http://www.grimaldis.com/

theDurk
01-25-09, 02:18 AM
I had to pick up Durk, Jr. in the Village tonight and I coerced him into checking out John's on Bleeker St. with me. We were both impressed--a superior pizza and legit atmosphere with the tin ceiling, carved up walls and the coal oven in the dining room. Thanks for the tip!

jlw1980
01-25-09, 02:51 AM
I had to pick up Durk, Jr. in the Village tonight and I coerced him into checking out John's on Bleeker St. with me. We were both impressed--a superior pizza and legit atmosphere with the tin ceiling, carved up walls and the coal oven in the dining room. Thanks for the tip!From what I read while perusing the Internet, the Bleeker St. location is much better than the Times Square location. Whenever I get back to NY, I'm going to have to check out all these pizza joints, both in Manhattan and Brooklyn. :lol:

Steve Dalkowski
01-25-09, 02:55 AM
From what I read while perusing the Internet, the Bleeker St. location is much better than the Times Square location. Whenever I get back to NY, I'm going to have to check out all these pizza joints, both in Manhattan and Brooklyn. :lol:
Soo right. Don't listen to the hype here about John's Times Square. :) Going to Bleecker St. means you get the better pizza AND get to avoid Times Sq.

I agree with J from Jersey earlier - John's Bleecker for pies, Joe's for a slice. You won't beat that in NYC.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-25-09, 03:05 AM
B-l-e-e-c-k-e-r.

Jersey Yankee
01-25-09, 03:22 AM

Sbarro's is pretty good. They have some $8 breakfast special, they have overpriced pasta and meat (chicken, meatballs, etc) dishes for about $8 or so, and they have some oven where the pizza spins slowly like it's in a big ferris wheel.

Their $3 or $4 pizza is pretty good, but the place is mostly a tourist trap, much like the various Smiler's restaurants. It's not junk, it all tastes good, but way overpriced.

4bronxbombers
01-25-09, 03:11 PM
Pizza Uno isn't bad (the personal pizzas) esp if you're at the airport and need something to eat in 5 min. :o

theDurk
01-25-09, 08:38 PM
B-l-e-e-c-k-e-r.

I knew that! I live on Meeker Rd and I'm just used to that spelling. oops

GordonGecko
01-25-09, 09:35 PM
Pizza Uno isn't bad (the personal pizzas) esp if you're at the airport and need something to eat in 5 min. :o
It's so thick and heavy, that micro-pizza is so deceiving you have three bites and you're stuffed

DEADSOX
01-26-09, 11:55 AM
Where's the Staten Island love??? Joe and Pat's and Denino's are freaking awesome! Joe and Pat's is my favorite in the NYC area that I've eaten, though it's been several years since I've moved and had the opportunity to try other places. God I miss NY food :(

JL25and3
01-26-09, 12:43 PM
As for the OP's question: it depends on whether you're talking about Ray's Famous Original, Ray's Original Famous, Original Ray's Famous, Famous Ray's Original...

Sometime in the 70s - I think - the name caught on, for some reason. It's not one chain, it's just a name that people attached randomly to pizza joints. As far as I know, nobody owns it.

Bub
01-26-09, 02:17 PM
Back in the early 80s I ate a lot of dinners at Ray's on 8th avenue, somewhere around 46th street. It was very good and very inexpensive. Don't know if that location is still there, but it was an old-looking place at the time.

GordonGecko
01-26-09, 02:36 PM
"Ray" is kind of like a generic name now, like "Papaya". Everyone knows that Gray's Papaya, inventor of the recession special, is the original and greatest hot dog stand storefront in all of New York City. Then came the imitators, "Papaya Dog", "Papaya King", etc.... You can't drag me to any of those posers

JL25and3
01-26-09, 03:09 PM
"Ray" is kind of like a generic name now, like "Papaya". Everyone knows that Grey's Papaya, inventor of the recession special, is the original and greatest hot dog stand storefront in all of New York City. Then came the imitators, "Papaya Dog", "Papaya King", etc.... You can't drag me to any of those posersGray's Papaya rules.

Jenn6812
01-26-09, 05:17 PM
The best cheese pizza I ever ate was the one I had in New York City during our June trip last year. Now I know what Dave has been talking about. :)

GordonGecko
01-26-09, 05:53 PM
The best cheese pizza I ever ate was the one I had in New York City during our June trip last year. Now I know what Dave has been talking about. :)
What I don't get is what's the point of a plain cheese pizza. My pie has to have mushrooms, peperoni, peppers & olives

4bronxbombers
01-26-09, 05:55 PM
crisp bacon and spinach are pretty good too. :drool:

JfromJersey
01-26-09, 06:04 PM
Where's the Staten Island love??? Joe and Pat's and Denino's are freaking awesome! Joe and Pat's is my favorite in the NYC area that I've eaten, though it's been several years since I've moved and had the opportunity to try other places. God I miss NY food :(

I mentioned those above.
Maybe people don't think of S.I. as part of NYC.
I live now in central NJ and can't find a decent pizza joint in the area. :(

BronxBaumer
01-26-09, 06:06 PM
I mentioned those above.

Pft, stop complaining. there is no pizza in Michigan...just cheese on nasty bread with awful red sauce.

fredgmuggs
01-26-09, 06:07 PM
Pft, stop complaining. there is no pizza in Michigan...just cheese on nasty bread with awful red sauce.
Is Little Caesars still in business?

Steve Dalkowski
01-26-09, 07:52 PM
What I don't get is what's the point of a plain cheese pizza. My pie has to have mushrooms, peperoni, peppers & olives
When I go to John's or Joe's, cheese is all I will get. It's too perfect to mess with.

JL25and3
01-26-09, 07:56 PM
What I don't get is what's the point of a plain cheese pizza. My pie has to have mushrooms, peperoni, peppers & olivesA plain cheese pizza is the true test. If it's good enough, it doesn't need that other stuff.

Having said that, a good bacon-and-garlic pizza is out of this world.

Jenn6812
01-26-09, 08:05 PM
A plain cheese pizza is the true test. If it's good enough, it doesn't need that other stuff.

Exactly.

Steve Dalkowski
01-26-09, 08:07 PM
Last time I had Little Caesars I was in Michigan, actually. :lol: So yeah, I can confirm that it is.

DEADSOX
01-26-09, 08:12 PM

I thought they had gone out of business years ago until I moved to Richmond, I've seen a few around here. I remember the commercials like yesterday, "Pizza, Pizza."

fredgmuggs
01-26-09, 08:50 PM
Last time I had Little Caesars I was in Michigan, actually. :lol: So yeah, I can confirm that it is.
When my kids were little I used to get Little Caesars pizza all the time. Back in those days, cheap and quantity was more important than quality. They didn't seem to mind.... kids are happy with any pizza.

Jenn6812
01-26-09, 09:35 PM
They have a Little Ceasars near here in the town of Milford. Only been there for about a year.

GordonGecko
01-26-09, 10:03 PM
A plain cheese pizza is the true test. If it's good enough, it doesn't need that other stuff.
I see your point, but once it passes the test I want my toppings :D

jlw1980
01-26-09, 10:53 PM
Is Little Caesars still in business?Yes, they are. We used to get their pizza all the time when I was a kid.

jlw1980
01-26-09, 10:55 PM
When my kids were little I used to get Little Caesars pizza all the time. Back in those days, cheap and quantity was more important than quality. They didn't seem to mind.... kids are happy with any pizza.

So true. My sister's kids will eat Domino's. :barf: :barf:

Actually, I don't remember Little Caesar's being too awful, though. Then again, I haven't had their food in years.

GordonGecko
01-26-09, 11:01 PM
So true. My sister's kids will eat Domino's. :barf: :barf:

Actually, I don't remember Little Caesar's being too awful, though. Then again, I haven't had their food in years.
You'd pray for Domino's if you ever ate at Papa Gino's. I had the misfortune of eating there once in Massachusetts, man o man, it was SO disgusting! :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-26-09, 11:18 PM
My parents were going to a wedding in rural Missouri, and they, with my aunt and (former) uncle, went into a pizza place. They asked for a pie, and the person behind the counter said, "Yellow American or White American?"

:barf:

DEADSOX
01-26-09, 11:19 PM
I mentioned those above.

Good call, I didn't even notice you mentioned those. I'm just used to S.I. getting crapped on and forgotten about all the time is all :D

JfromJersey
01-27-09, 12:44 PM
Good call, I didn't even notice you mentioned those. I'm just used to S.I. getting crapped on and forgotten about all the time is all :D

People look on S.I. as a place you drive through to get to NJ. My ex is from S.I. and we lived there 4 years before the Jersey move. An interesting borough w.o. the big city vibe. The only thing NYish about it is the damn traffic.

GordonGecko
01-27-09, 12:53 PM
People look on S.I. as a place you drive through to get to NJ. My ex is from S.I. and we lived there 4 years before the Jersey move. An interesting borough w.o. the big city vibe. The only thing NYish about it is the damn traffic.
Because there's no traffic in Jersey?

Seriously, if you look at a map SI is basically part of Jersey

Casey37
01-27-09, 12:59 PM

Mine's almost the same, except that I'd replace the peperoni with lots of anchovies.

GordonGecko
01-27-09, 01:00 PM
Mine's almost the same, except that I'd replace the peperoni with lots of anchovies.
Yeah I love anchovies too, but It's not a must

JfromJersey
01-27-09, 06:59 PM

I moved to Manalapan about 20 years ago and the traffic was not nearly as bad then. Even now it's better than S.I. on weekends and peak hours. I live off of route 9 and even at it's worse it's better than the Expressway.

GordonGecko
01-27-09, 07:25 PM
I moved to Manalapan about 20 years ago and the traffic was not nearly as bad then. Even now it's better than S.I. on weekends and peak hours. I live off of route 9 and even at it's worse it's better than the Expressway.
Traffic is like a viral plague growing exponentially everywhere. Parts of Westchester are almost unpassable on some days

Jersey Yankee
01-27-09, 10:54 PM
I don't eat pepperoni unless it's a Halal pizza. The Kosher places can't mix meat and dairy, so only the Halal places will have beef or turkey pepperoni, as I don't eat pork.

I like anchovies on my pizza, but the only problem is that if I'm also having wings, I can't eat wings and anchovies at the same time. It just seems funny.

I can have anchovies in my caesar salad, but if I'm having a meat sandwich, then no anchovies then either.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-27-09, 10:56 PM

New York can keep it. :)

Jersey Yankee
01-27-09, 10:58 PM

I've been to SI about 2-3 times in my life. I've been on the SI Ferry a few times, and one was to meet some gal who lived there. The other was the Forum Party, and I can't remember the 3rd.

When I go to Bayonne, they're on the other side of the Bayonne Bridge, but I've never known much about SI. Lots of Italians, from what I hear.

Trenton, NJ is actually in the Philly area, so stuff gets merged from different states.

Casey37
01-28-09, 12:49 PM
I like anchovies on my pizza, but the only problem is that if I'm also having wings, I can't eat wings and anchovies at the same time. It just seems funny.

Yeah, same thing happens to me with anchovies and pepperoni. It's one or the other, but not both.

BronxBaumer
01-28-09, 01:04 PM

I think they sell an equivilent of the five dollar footlong. Regardless, if Little Caesars is to be considered Pizza, I apparently do not like Pizza.

GordonGecko
01-28-09, 02:06 PM
I think they sell an equivilent of the five dollar footlong. Regardless, if Little Caesars is to be considered Pizza, I apparently do not like Pizza.
haha. What do you guys think about Pizza Hut? I've seen their ads lately promoting all natural ingredients but their pies are just so greasy. Can't remember the last time I had pizza hut, must have been like 4 years ago when it was the only thing I could find

BronxBaumer
01-28-09, 02:11 PM
Pizza Hut is good in a nostalgic little kid way, but I don't know if my tastes have changed (probably) or if the quality has gone downhill (also probably), but it is certainly no where near as good as it used to be.

Gehrig
01-28-09, 05:21 PM

anyone?? anyone??

How can the same street intersect with itself ???

GordonGecko
01-28-09, 05:27 PM
Jerry help me!

JfromJersey
01-29-09, 01:07 PM

The corner of 1st and 1st would obviously mean 1st avenue and 1st street.

GordonGecko
01-29-09, 01:19 PM
haha, captain obvious has joined the thread :lol:

TheInfallibleOne
02-04-09, 01:32 PM
I kinda grew up on the 3 different Original Pizza locations in Brooklyn: Ave L, Ave U and Ralph Ave. L&B Spumoni Gardens is still awesome, but has declined in recent years, probably a change in ownership.

Casey37
03-15-09, 11:41 AM
The FDNY is still not sure what sparked a blaze that ripped through the landmark Totonno's pizzeria in Coney Island. It took firefighters nearly two hours to put out the fire.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29696663/

Not good. This is probably the second best pizza joint in Brooklyn. Hopefully they'll be able to rebuild the place.

ShaneTravis
06-05-09, 12:54 PM

If you are up for a little drive this summer go over to the Jersey Shore they have fantastic Italian food. 2 places in particular in Bradley Beach and Neptune are Vic's and Pete and elda's.

http://www.peteandeldas.com/

Great and packed all summer. Pete's has big screen tv's and always have the games on. The pies are right up there with NYC's and probably a 35 minute drive from you.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
06-05-09, 06:59 PM
I kinda grew up on the 3 different Original Pizza locations in Brooklyn: Ave L, Ave U and Ralph Ave. L&B Spumoni Gardens is still awesome, but has declined in recent years, probably a change in ownership.

I live in the area of Original Pizza (on Ralph Ave). It's not bad.

L&B, in all honestly, is the best pizza (well, their Square slice is) I have ever tasted. I have it whenever I can.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
06-06-09, 06:56 PM
If you are up for a little drive this summer go over to the Jersey Shore they have fantastic Italian food. 2 places in particular in Bradley Beach and Neptune are Vic's and Pete and elda's.

Great and packed all summer. Pete's has big screen tv's and always have the games on. The pies are right up there with NYC's and probably a 35 minute drive from you.

Pete and Elda's is WAY too thin. It's like pizza on a communion wafer.

MikeHitman
06-06-09, 08:41 PM
the seinfeld stuff is great on here

THEBOSS84
06-06-09, 08:51 PM

Vic's!!

In the summer I'm there often. Very good.

ShaneTravis
06-07-09, 07:25 PM
Vic's!!

In the summer I'm there often. Very good.

I stay about a 5 minute walk from there. I dig bradley beach.