PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinks Cash might be interested in Gil Meche?

Kluivert4Ever
07-31-08, 11:36 AM
The Royals paid him a lot of money and might be looking to get it off the books? I dont know how he has been doing this year but I remember him having no-hit stuff in game against us when he was pitching for Seattle.

BRONXBOMBERS06
07-31-08, 11:43 AM
He's won 5-6 in a row

shadyridr
07-31-08, 11:43 AM
The Royals paid him a lot of money and might be looking to get it off the books? I dont know how he has been doing this year but I remember him having no-hit stuff in game against us when he was pitching for Seattle.

You willing to take on the rest of his huge contract? Didnt he get like 5 years, 55mil?:eek:

BRONXBOMBERS06
07-31-08, 11:46 AM
Mariners deal Rhodes to Marlins
Right-handed starter sent to Seattle for veteran lefty reliever

Ghost of Dan Pasqua
07-31-08, 11:49 AM
I thought of that, but he's got 3 years left on his deal. Too long and too much money for him. I don't think the Yankees want anyone locked up beyond 2009 as a starter, unless his name rhymes with Moy Balliday.

Tyler Durden
07-31-08, 11:51 AM
Meche is 9-9 this year with a 1.3 WHIP and a 103 ERA+

I'd much rather have him in the rotation over Washburn, but I don't think the Royals are just going to view him as a salary dump, and therefore want at least an Austin Jackson-type prospect in return.

If that's the case, then I say 'no thanks'.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-31-08, 11:54 AM

I'd much rather have him in the rotation over Washburn, but I don't think the Royals are just going to view him as a salary dump, and therefore want at least an Austin Jackson-type prospect in return.

And in his last 10 starts he is 6-1 with a 2.66 ERA and 1.15 whip.

BRONXBOMBERS06
07-31-08, 12:01 PM
Not worth a type A minor leaguer

Gusto
07-31-08, 12:46 PM

Meche is owed more in the next 3.5 years than the Yankees paid Pavano in the last 3.5 years. This would be very much a salary dump.