spyglass
07-31-08, 01:17 AM
Co-signed.

-tz
07-31-08, 02:06 AM
ITL II ... Just saying. ;)

KeithF40
07-31-08, 02:38 AM
Yeah def ITL II. Anyway yes, they are the only team that has consistently had the yankees number since the change of the millenium. yankees have done decently well against boston considering boston has had the better team for the most part.

continentalg5
07-31-08, 02:59 AM
We're toast, especially with Tex on their team now, plus Ponson is scheduled to pitch against them on Friday? It just makes me want to vomit.

Thankfully though, the Pudge/Molina duo will severely impact their running game. At least I hope it will.

Tabata
07-31-08, 03:03 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u195/Tabata_2007/gif/panic.gif

parkerstrong
07-31-08, 03:22 AM
Not the best scenerio....just hand tough. Tied in the loss column with Boston is good

Matt
07-31-08, 03:58 AM
We're doooooomed.

ajra21
07-31-08, 05:47 AM
how many are in anaheim?

Tabata
07-31-08, 05:54 AM
6 of them.

yanksphan
07-31-08, 06:09 AM
The Angels have an excellent record vs Joe Torre.

Fortunately..... :badass:

Bub
07-31-08, 06:19 AM
I'll sign up for a split of the 10. After that, we'll cruise to a playoff spot.

Tabata
07-31-08, 06:25 AM
and than crash them in the playoffs. http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u195/Tabata_2007/naughty.gif

CanoForPresident
07-31-08, 06:28 AM
As long as Girardi doesn't try to over manage vs the Halos ala Torre we should be okay.

Though that wont make them any easier to beat. I think their starting pitching is overrated but they still scare the hell outta me.

Yankees1962
07-31-08, 06:33 AM
With six of them in LA that would be my hope too.

ArodMVP217
07-31-08, 06:56 AM
As long as Girardi doesn't try to over manage vs the Halos ala Torre we should be okay.

Though that wont make them any easier to beat. I think their starting pitching is overrated but they still scare the hell outta me.

IK, torre always was guessing what scioca would do; so many pitch outs and when he tried to hit and run himself, i remember some line-out douple plays - at least 2 occasions

BRONXBOMBERS06
07-31-08, 07:17 AM
Angels have no Tori Hunter Sat & Sun.

ajra21
07-31-08, 07:21 AM
6 of them.

have we already played them once before in new york this season then?

as for the splitting of these games 5-5. i'd very much like a 3-1 win this week but without joba pitching in this series, i'm not sure it'll happen.

BRONXBOMBERS06
07-31-08, 07:22 AM
I'd like 6 of 10

ajra21
07-31-08, 07:23 AM
I'd like 6 of 10

i'd like 10-0 but if someone offered 5-5, i'd take it.

in this coming series, the game against erwin santana is the one i fear, the rest and there for us to win.

in2dust2002
07-31-08, 07:25 AM
When we take 3 of 4 this weekend the other 7 won't seem as bad. Hopefully they have a let down after their sweep in Boston.

BRNXBMRS
07-31-08, 07:33 AM
Lets see how the Yanks do with girardi at the helm. No one panic, just yet.

R.V.47
07-31-08, 07:53 AM
I will take a split this weekend but the west coast trips could be brutal.

Axon
07-31-08, 08:10 AM
Well, they better figure out a way to beat these guys - if they want a ring, the road will almost assuredly go through Anaheim.

mjdlight
07-31-08, 08:15 AM
5-5 would be nice. 4-6 or even 3-7 is more likely, especially with Joba missing them in YS and Tex on board for the Angels.

Darrell Rasner and Sidney Ponson vs. this team? Yikes...

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-31-08, 08:19 AM
Its sort of been mentioned but let's remember that this is now Girardi's team. Torre made some real suspect moves against Anaheim. Besides it seems like the Yankees have no issues with the "good" teams. Strangely it's the Baltimores of the world that worry more.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-31-08, 08:21 AM
5-5 would be nice. 4-6 or even 3-7 is more likely, especially with Joba missing them in YS and Tex on board for the Angels.

This is why I think Cashman finds a way to pry Washburn today.

Tabata
07-31-08, 08:23 AM
have we already played them once before in new york this season then?
No, I think it's just because we had two series at home against them last season and now it's their turn.

BRNXBMRS
07-31-08, 08:23 AM
This is why I think Cashman finds a way to pry Washburn today.

Do you really think Washburn puts the yanks over the top?

wang+cano=future
07-31-08, 08:32 AM

Yeah Ponson going on Friday scares me. I am more optimistic about Rasner's start though.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-31-08, 08:49 AM
Do you really think Washburn puts the yanks over the top?

That's not what I'm saying. This is a pretty big series. If I'm Cashman I make the move today. Right now Rasner and Ponson are starting two games. It puts the team in a tough spot. Washburn is a proven vet that has faced Anaheim several teams. He gives you a better chance to win.

ThunderFan
07-31-08, 08:53 AM
That's not what I'm saying. This is a pretty big series. If I'm Cashman I make the move today. Right now Rasner and Ponson are starting two games. It puts the team in a tough spot. Washburn is a proven vet that has faced Anaheim several teams. He gives you a better chance to win.Not a great chance. He has an ERA over 6 vs them this year...

themgmt
07-31-08, 08:58 AM
3-1 in YS
2-1 @ LAAAAA
1-2 @ LAAAAA

6-4 Vs. LAAAAA

The thing about LAAAAA right now is I don't think their pitchers can shut down the Yankees as now constructed (Lackey excluded). Garland, Santana, Weaver, Lackey.

I can definitely see the Yankees winning the first two, and taking one of the the final two. It's really a matter of how well Ponson/Rasner/Mussina pitch. If you can get two out of 3 good performances from that trio, 3 out of 4 is possible. LAAAAAAA offense was decent before adding Tex, now they have a good one.. Figgins, Teixeira, Guerrero, Hunter, Anderson, and Kendrick. Definitely need 3 well pitched games to win the series.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-31-08, 09:07 AM
Not a great chance. He has an ERA over 6 vs them this year...

And I will now shut up....

PinstripeDynasty
07-31-08, 09:07 AM
I'm excited for the challenge. The Yankees have (obviously) recently played much better against strong opposition, against Oak, Min, and Boston. Then they had a letdown against Baltimore.

Plus, since Anaheim just swept Boston, expectations/pressure should be somewhere between low and medium. If they actually win the series it'll be a huge boost.

Abe Frohman
07-31-08, 09:14 AM
These 10 games will have a lot to say not only about our shot of even

MAKING the playoffs but also of what we do if/when we get there. We need

Girardi to step it up and make Scioscia play our game, not vice versa. we

need to work their pitchers hard, minimize their running game with some

exceptional D, and just play our A-1 BALL. Im also going to keep a close

eye on A-rods at-bats to see how he responds to playoff atmoshere games

here down the stretch. if he starts expanding the zone and not taking his

walks, its the same song all over again. I detest the Anaheim Angels.

Maybe even as much as Boston for the simple fact that theyve owned us for

a long, long time. I really really hope we take this division because facing

Anaheim in the ALDS is more like suicide than a playoff series. the ALCS will

give us a better chance of beating them. Id sign up right now for a 5-5 split.

sjb23
07-31-08, 10:23 AM
These 10 games will have a lot to say not only about our shot of even MAKING the playoffs but also of what we do if/when we get there. We need
Girardi to step it up....

Actually, I think the whole roster needs to step it up. It's time for some consistency by the offense, by the starting pitching, by the bullpen, by the defense, and when they're hitting with runners on base. When they are executing like we all know they can, they look unbeatable.

The Angels are very good when firing on all cylinders. The Yankees are just as good when they're firing on all their cylinders. May the best team win.

I say 7-3 will really make a statement to all parties involved, including the Yankees themselves.

simmy886
07-31-08, 10:29 AM
It helps that we have a catching tandem that should shut down the running game.
Teix is a beast though.
I CAN'T WAIT for this series! 3 out of 4 would be such a nice statement.

PinstripeDynasty
07-31-08, 10:37 AM

Only
if
you
consider
a
long,
long
time
ago.

Also,
regular
season
success
against
one
team
has
often
not
carried
into
the
playoffs.

Yankee Tripper
07-31-08, 10:39 AM
The Yankees and Angels have nearly identical run differentials. I'm not worried.

I think somewhere between 4-6 and 6-4 is how these 10 games will shake out.

yankeeman61
07-31-08, 10:49 AM
The Angels are the team to beat in the AL. They have a great road record and just crushed Boston. We'll see how well the Yankees compete in the next 4 days. Hopefully they can contain this team and at least split the series, which is what I'm expecting. Anything less will be disappointing.

JfromJersey
07-31-08, 10:55 AM
This will be a bizzaro season.
Angels have Red Sox number.
Yankees have Angels number.

shadyridr
07-31-08, 10:57 AM

I dont even read your posts anymore. Theyre unreadable.

YanksFan1992
07-31-08, 11:14 AM
Call me crazy, but I say we go 7-3.

Sam18
07-31-08, 11:22 AM
Like yanksphan said, Torre's gone so the Yankees shouldn't sh*t their pants at the sight of the Angels.

YankeeinCT
07-31-08, 11:27 AM
I agree with a lot of what's been said here. Maybe Torre vs. Angels was just bad karma.

It will be interesting to see if there will be more trades today.

YankeeinCT
07-31-08, 11:27 AM
I like this sunny outlook;)

Espinosa's Glasses
07-31-08, 11:29 AM
No.
Bring em.

With that said.

I'll take 5-5..... ahah
I'd love 6-4....

justinvarnes
07-31-08, 11:40 AM
What a statement it would make if the Yanks take 3 of 4 at home and continue to climb UP in the standings and showing LAA that there are not your father's Yankees.

simmy886
07-31-08, 12:08 PM

You are crazy.

9-1 :D
I Vlad and Teixeira are tough but those guys aren't the ones who kill the Yankees. It was always the Figgins's and the Orlando Cabreras. I have a great feeling about this matchup at Yankee Stadium particularly because we stop their running game. SWEEP.

montrealer
07-31-08, 12:10 PM
You freakin crazy Canuck......3-7........it is what it is.

R.V.47
07-31-08, 12:13 PM
I think the yankees should move Joba up to pitch against Saunders on Sunday. I dont like that matchup against Rasner.

BRNXBMRS
07-31-08, 12:16 PM

Finally someone with bananna's!!!

BobbyMeacham's glove
07-31-08, 01:23 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that Tori Hunter is not playing on Saturay & Sunday. Is that true? If so, why?

hardrain
07-31-08, 01:29 PM
been worried about this for months

hardrain
07-31-08, 01:31 PM
I think the yankees should move Joba up to pitch against Saunders on Sunday. I dont like that matchup against Rasner.

No..cmon..you don't pitch the golden arm on 3 days rest...The next night against the Rangers is just as important. He'll get the Angels in Anaheim

JohnnyDamonfan
07-31-08, 02:29 PM
All that I ask is that we fire on all cylanders. We lose a lot to the mediorge teams. Maybe because we take them to lightly or don't know what to expect. But, with teams like Boston and Tampa we seem to do better. Because you can't take them lightly this year. The Yankees kow exactly what to expect when they're facing a first place team like Boston or Tampa.

And here we are again in a situation where not only Angels are in first place. But the have the best record in Baseball. I'm calling a split this weekend right now.

montrealer
07-31-08, 04:13 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that Tori Hunter is not playing on Saturay & Sunday. Is that true? If so, why?
Death in the family......Grandma I think.

JeterForPresident
07-31-08, 04:14 PM
5-5 maybe 6-4. It would be nice to see if Girardi fares better against the Angels then Torre did but the Angels have the best record in baseball for a reason.

aeromac76
07-31-08, 04:29 PM
5-5 maybe 6-4. It would be nice to see if Girardi fares better against the Angels then Torre did but the Angels have the best record in baseball for a reason.

Both of our catchers are worldbeaters throwing guys out.
Hopefully it helps..

But we need to be on our toes defensively, these guys bunt, they hit and run, they steal and they force the action and put pressure on the defense..

ShadoWraith22
07-31-08, 05:52 PM
With the team the Angels have this year I would take 4-6 (3-7 would be a little disappointing) and be content, anything better and I would be very happy. With Texiera their very scary.

BonusCantos
07-31-08, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking 2-8, so anything better than that would be a bonus.

E-Rod
07-31-08, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking 2-8, so anything better than that would be a bonus.

I'm thinking the same, will only be more if we got luck with Ponson or Rasner.

Ericas367
08-01-08, 01:45 AM
This will be a bizzaro season.
Angels have Red Sox number.
Yankees have Angels number.

well i guess they dialed the wrong number on Thursday night...cause the yanks got spanked

JfromJersey
08-01-08, 11:48 AM
well i guess they dialed the wrong number on Thursday night...cause the yanks got spanked

Just wishful thinking on my part..like winning the lottery.

JL25and3
08-01-08, 01:48 PM
Ponson goes tonight. Ugh.

I like Rasner more than a lot of people do, but unless he's perfect, I can see the Angels more or less dissecting him. He's also up against Lackey.

That means Moose better have his A+ game tomorrow, and the Yankees better be able to get to Weaver. Otherwise, this could easily be a sweep.

JavyVazquezIsSick
08-01-08, 02:58 PM
It pisses me off Kennedy is not on this team and Ponson is.

27IsNext
08-01-08, 03:35 PM
It pisses me off Kennedy is not on this team and Ponson is.

What exactly has Kennedy shown in the majors that makes you want him on the roster?

sjb23
08-01-08, 03:41 PM
I don't think anyone here really believes the Yankees can beat the Angels right now. I am of the belief that this team is going to have to play its best ball to beat the Angels, regardless of how well the Angels are or aren't playing.

Several players and pitchers are going to have to take it up a few notches. I truly believe there's enough talent on the club to win, but each one of these guys is going to have to perform at his highest level. Girardi is going to have to inspire them -- that's his biggest challenge.

JDPNYY
08-01-08, 03:41 PM
I believe there are 9 games left with the Angels.

sjb23
08-01-08, 03:43 PM
What exactly has Kennedy shown in the majors that makes you want him on the roster?

I guess it's easier to "envision" what Kennedy could do than it is to deal with knowing what Ponson will do.

sjb23
08-01-08, 03:44 PM
I believe there are 9 games left with the Angels.

I see where you're heading with this......;)

JavyVazquezIsSick
08-01-08, 03:45 PM

2007 I obviously don't expect him to dominate like he did, but I really do believe he is a good pitcher. He has above average stuff, above average control and command, and seems to have some savvy. IMO, the most important thing he was missing this year was his curveball.

JfromJersey
08-01-08, 09:20 PM
Are we going to win ANY games against them this year?
:(

BroadwayBomber55
08-01-08, 09:27 PM
Are we going to win ANY games against them this year?
:(
I think the Yankees will go 3-7 or 4-6 against them this year.

E-Rod
08-01-08, 09:40 PM
We got luck with Ponson and lost, i just hope they won't win all games.

dpinzow
08-03-08, 06:02 PM
Now there are six games remaining against the Angels. Nice job by the Yanks getting the split and not losing too much ground in the standings.

They'll need to split the other six (problem is, they're all in Anaheim)

themgmt
08-03-08, 06:05 PM
Could have taken 3 of 4 if the offense could have scored a run or two in the second game, can't complain.

False1
08-03-08, 06:10 PM
Hopefully these last two games change the momentum between these two teams somewhat.

Cheesyhoboe
08-03-08, 06:11 PM
Now there are six games remaining against the Angels. Nice job by the Yanks getting the split and not losing too much ground in the standings.

They'll need to split the other six (problem is, they're all in Anaheim)

That's actually better. Have you seen their record on the road?

ober0n98
08-04-08, 04:06 AM
I don't think anyone here really believes the Yankees can beat the Angels right now. I am of the belief that this team is going to have to play its best ball to beat the Angels, regardless of how well the Angels are or aren't playing.

Several players and pitchers are going to have to take it up a few notches. I truly believe there's enough talent on the club to win, but each one of these guys is going to have to perform at his highest level. Girardi is going to have to inspire them -- that's his biggest challenge.

unfortunately, inspiration doesn't help put an eye on the ball nor a hard swing on the ball...if you can't hit it, no amount of inspiration is going to help.

that said, we've already taken 2 of 4. now to just win 3 against texas (not impossible, their 2nd and 3d starter have eras over 7) and go into anaheim swinging.