PDA

View Full Version : Can we trade Ponson?

justtxyank
07-25-08, 10:16 PM
What are the rules about trading Ponson?

If for example we are going to deal for Washburn, could we then deal Ponson off? I know we wouldn't get much, but I'd have to think that some team out there would give a little bit for him.

R.V.47
07-25-08, 10:19 PM
Rasner pitched really well last time out and I like him better than Ponson, but I cant take away the fact that Ponson has pitched pretty well probably better than Rasner and it will probably be Rasners head on the chopping block before Ponson if we get Washburn.

Hobbes40
07-25-08, 10:19 PM
I don't think there's a point to trading him, we may as well keep him as long as he's pitching well. If there comes a point where we want him off the roster, we can DFA him since we're paying him nothing anyway.

justtxyank
07-25-08, 10:20 PM
I don't think there's a point to trading him, we may as well keep him as long as he's pitching well. If there comes a point where we want him off the roster, we can DFA him since we're paying him nothing anyway.

Sure we CAN DFA him, but if we are replacing him in the rotation, why not get something for him?

stupidpunchline
07-26-08, 12:36 AM
Sure we CAN DFA him, but if we are replacing him in the rotation, why not get something for him?

Ponson to the Whoever for the cost of the phone calls to negotiate the trade.

yankeesrule2000
07-26-08, 12:37 AM
I doubt anyone wants Ponson, if they did why didnt they just sign him before we did when texas released him?

stupidpunchline
07-26-08, 12:39 AM
I doubt anyone wants Ponson, if they did why didnt they just sign him before we did when texas released him?

Yep, and his 5.80 FIP with the Yankees can't inspire any new confidence.

walesave
07-26-08, 12:55 AM
Yep, and his 5.80 FIP with the Yankees can't inspire any new confidence.

5.80 FIP + 1.72 WHIP = Trade value RIP