PDA

View Full Version : Posada's Options Poll

False1
07-23-08, 07:33 PM
Just interested to get a measured take... What should the Yankees and Jorge Posada do?

dabomb2045
07-23-08, 07:41 PM
I think he should get the surgery now.....I honestly believe the Yanks are holding off on this until after the deadline. I think its a leverage move. If they come out and say now that he's done, it hurts them somewhat in trade negotiations.

I expect them to make a move for a bat (who it is, no idea) and then announce Posada's rehab "isnt going as well as hoped". Surgery will take place shortly thereafter.

I really dont see anyway Jorge can help this team in 2008. He wasnt hitting the ball well anyways....and he's even said the shoulder affects his power. We need him ready to go in 2009.

sweet_lou_14
07-23-08, 07:41 PM
I voted for the surgery. The poor guy was not helping the team in any way since his return from the DL.

rajah
07-23-08, 07:44 PM
I think dabomb is probably right about this. This is also probably why Matsui is making another effort.

Posada will get the surgery when the Y's tell him that doing so is what they want. This is his last contract and he knows that he will have to have the surgery eventually, so why would he resist the Yankee judgment?

Brick Tamland
07-23-08, 07:47 PM
I think he should get the surgery now.....I honestly believe the Yanks are holding off on this until after the deadline. I think its a leverage move. If they come out and say now that he's done, it hurts them somewhat in trade negotiations.

I expect them to make a move for a bat (who it is, no idea) and then announce Posada's rehab "isnt going as well as hoped". Surgery will take place shortly thereafter.

I really dont see anyway Jorge can help this team in 2008. He wasnt hitting the ball well anyways....and he's even said the shoulder affects his power. We need him ready to go in 2009.

Good call. I hope that bat is Holliday.

hellonewman
07-23-08, 08:03 PM
Get cut, see ya in '09.

Nuke LaLoosh
07-23-08, 08:04 PM
Do it now, get healthy for '09. This is a no brainer as his ability to contribute as a hitter is unlikley and it is obvious he won't be able to contribute as a catcher.

BonusCantos
07-23-08, 08:05 PM
Surgery.

Casey37
07-23-08, 08:09 PM
Get the surgery over with ASAP. At his age, I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Matt
07-23-08, 08:17 PM
Get the surgery done. He wasn't hitting that well when he came back nor did he have any power. I'm sure the Yankees can pick up a LF/DH for the rest of the season.

Dannman103
07-23-08, 08:18 PM
I feel for Posada, because I know how hard he works, and how much he wants to be out there helping the team. And losing his leadership in the locker room is a blow, regardless of on-field production. But this injury affects both his ability to throw, and his ability to hit with any real power. He needs surgery, and the Yankees will be better off in the long run if they have him healthy and ready to go next season.

It's unfortunate, because Jorge has really been a big part of these Yankee teams for so long, but I think it would be best for the team and for his long-term health if he were to go under the knife in the very near future.

JDPNYY
07-23-08, 08:20 PM
Rest for 7-10 days and then re-evaluate. It certainly couldn't hurt and will help with trade negotiations.

sweet_lou_14
07-23-08, 08:29 PM
Rest for 7-10 days and then re-evaluate. It certainly couldn't hurt and will help with trade negotiations.

Agreed on the 10-day plan. But beyond the trade deadline, when the time for posturing is over, I don't want to hear about bringing him back as a 1B/DH in 2008.

SoCal Pinstriper
07-23-08, 08:32 PM
Retire, take over for Meacham at 3b, and be the first new inductee into the new stadium's monument park.

But seriously, he should probably wait to give the Yankees a better bargaining position.

b_joseph
07-23-08, 08:55 PM
I think he should get surgery but 7 days of waiting wont hurt anybody.

Then in 2009, He would be my DH if we got Teixeira to play 1st base.

Masta Z
07-23-08, 09:06 PM
surgery

dont_ya_know24
07-23-08, 09:09 PM
regardless of what happens, will posada be a catcher in 2009 and so on, or will he take on 1B/DH duties?

if the latter happens i somehow doubt the yankees will go after teixeira, unless we trade one of matsui or damon, which doesn't seem likely.

Prison Mike
07-23-08, 09:10 PM
Under the knife. He can still catch next year if he gets this fixed now.

If he rehabs, we're stuck with a 1B/DH who hits .280 and minimal power.

BonusCantos
07-23-08, 09:17 PM
I think he should get surgery but 7 days of waiting wont hurt anybody. That's pretty much the idea. He should absolutely have the surgery...after the deadline.

Vin
07-23-08, 09:35 PM
Surgery will be better for Posada's health and the Yanks investment. It's a win-win situation in the long term.

cyhughes22
07-23-08, 11:33 PM
That's pretty much the idea. He should absolutely have the surgery...after the deadline.

:clap:

Yanks4eva1
07-24-08, 10:18 PM
For the love of Elston Howard, have the surgery already.