PDA

View Full Version : Posada back on DL, per NY Post

NyyNjnNyg
07-21-08, 03:01 PM
Check NYPOST.com's front page

False1
07-21-08, 03:10 PM
Not good, but better than having him trod through the season as a 1B/DH. Do what needs to be done to get our AS catcher back either late this year or in '09! Get better soon Jorge!

iiMax
07-21-08, 03:10 PM
Interesting but I can't say I'm surprised. He's stunk since he came back, no other way to say it.

YanksFan1992
07-21-08, 03:11 PM
Ughh....:(

We now have only 13 players left from our opening day roster on the team right now (Damon, Duncan, Matsui, Posada, Ensberg, Bruney, Britton, Albaladejo, Ohlendorf, Wang, Kennedy and Hughes are all currently not with the team).

Bleacher_Creature
07-21-08, 03:11 PM
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

But the bigger news could be that Jorge Posada is headed back to the DL.

Tifoso
07-21-08, 03:13 PM
Dandy :(

primetime714
07-21-08, 03:27 PM
Wow. That's not good. Now we're down to only 5 legit ML hitters in our everyday lineup. Great.

JavyVazquezIsSick
07-21-08, 03:34 PM
He's been terrible lately, so that makes sense. Just go under the knife already and be done with it.

Abe Frohman
07-21-08, 03:35 PM
This season gets better by the minute.

scooterfan
07-21-08, 03:40 PM
Pete Abraham just updated his blog:
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/07/21/game-99-twins-at-yankees/

Bad news for Posada. He will see Dr. David Altchek tomorrow and may soon have season-ending surgery to repair the torn lambrum in his shoulder. The surgery is such that he may need to get it now to make sure he will be ready for next season.
Posada admitted that he canít throw and that it has been bothering him all season. Joe Girardi has been saying for weeks now that Posada was improving and he could get through the season but that was obviously wishful thinking.

If Jorge has surgery, it's really difficult (IMO) to justify trading any big-time prospects this year.

primetime714
07-21-08, 03:41 PM
Just go under the knife already and be done with it.

Yea that's about where I'm at on this situation as well. I guess he could help out at 1B or DH later in the year, but is it even worth it?

TEPLimey
07-21-08, 03:41 PM
Rhymes with: Time to sign Harry Honds

Derek2HOF
07-21-08, 04:26 PM
Rhymes with: Time to sign Harry Honds

You mean we are going to sign Larry Londs! I would make BB try and hit Joba and Mo in a closed BP session. If he could be somewhat productive against them he can have a job.

Mark19
07-21-08, 04:33 PM
In terms of catchers on the trade market, there is Michael Barrett, Paul Lo Duca, Johnny Estrada and Gregg Zaun.

None of them are hitting particularly well

-tz
07-21-08, 04:35 PM
Doesn't THIS thread really belong in ITL I? :confused:

There's hardly been bigger news all season long.

JDPNYY
07-21-08, 04:44 PM
His last couple of throws were excellent. I can't believe this.

flymick24
07-21-08, 04:47 PM
His last couple of throws were excellent. I can't believe this.

you mean in 2007?

JDPNYY
07-21-08, 04:49 PM
you mean in 2007?

Naw, that was just some sarcasm. heh.

Oops. Sorry GoRocket, I guess I was just hiding my true feelings behind that post.

Mark19
07-21-08, 04:51 PM
Posada is going to see Dr. Altchek, that pretty much means he's having surgery

flymick24
07-21-08, 04:52 PM

maybe they just wanted to grab a lunch together?

JDPNYY
07-21-08, 04:54 PM
maybe they just wanted to grab a lunch together?

Jorge needs to eat with his left hand.

-tz
07-21-08, 05:01 PM
Rhymes with: Time to sign Harry HondsCan Mr. "Rhymes With" catch? Heck, never mind that ... what makes us think he can HIT? :confused:

R.V.47
07-21-08, 05:08 PM

It could be worse, it could be Dr.Andrews.

TEPLimey
07-21-08, 05:17 PM
Can Mr. "Rhymes With" catch? Heck, never mind that ... what makes us think he can HIT? :confused:
His career OPS over 1.000. And his 170 OPS+ last season. And pretty much any other statistic you want to look at.

He doesn't need to catch. He just needs to be better than our alternatives at DH (Sexson, Miranda, Betemit, Mueller), which is is.

Mark19
07-21-08, 05:54 PM
Ah the Barry Bonds bloc, Cashman has stated emphatically that the Yankees are not interested yet people still yearn for him. It is like telling your parents you want a stealth bomber for Christmas.

-tz
07-21-08, 05:55 PM
Ah the Barry Bonds bloc, Cashman has stated emphatically that the Yankees are not interested yet people still yearn for him. It is like telling your parents you want a stealth bomber for Christmas.Or a pony ... that can win the Kentucky Derby! :lol:

NYYDragoon
07-21-08, 05:59 PM
This is not good. But it's better than him trying to catch and costing the team bases.

Dave Visbeck
07-21-08, 06:03 PM
I'm not happy about this ... and not just because I've now lost-out on three more prediction questions in the 2008 JDPNYY Yankees Prediction Contest. :looking:

Hope he does what he has to do to protect his baseball future.

Yankee Tripper
07-21-08, 06:03 PM
Ah the Barry Bonds bloc, Cashman has stated emphatically that the Yankees are not interested yet people still yearn for him. It is like telling your parents you want a stealth bomber for Christmas.To steadfastly take the same position in the face on new info is moronic.

It would be like asking your parents for a new bike for Christman and they say, "your bike is fine and can use your brothers old bike if you don't like yours." The next day your bike gets run over by a car and is trashed and the say "OK use your brothers bike", next week your brother's old bike gets stolen. And now you say, "mom can I have a new bike for Christmas?"

Bub
07-21-08, 08:02 PM
Yuck. If we're going to have a shot at winning a postseason series without Posada, we'll need another good bat. Looks like Moeller will be hanging around all season now.

AcidLake
07-21-08, 08:02 PM
Not much of a loss given on how he's been doing and how Molina has been excellent on defense

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-22-08, 08:35 AM
To steadfastly take the same position in the face on new info is moronic.

It would be like asking your parents for a new bike for Christman and they say, "your bike is fine and can use your brothers old bike if you don't like yours." The next day your bike gets run over by a car and is trashed and the say "OK use your brothers bike", next week your brother's old bike gets stolen. And now you say, "mom can I have a new bike for Christmas?"
There's certainly no question that a lot of our bikes have been trashed this summer.