PDA

View Full Version : I have found the answer to our problem... [Wait til Next Year]

destro
07-17-08, 09:03 AM
wait till next year. it's a rough concept but sometimes you have to take that step back to go forward.

please send all angry responses to /dev/null

webassign
07-17-08, 09:09 AM
Sign Barry Bonds.

Brick Tamland
07-17-08, 09:24 AM
Depressing post...

I'm not ready to give up on this year yet. The Yankees are only 5.5 out of the wild card lead.

destro
07-17-08, 10:32 AM
dont trade away key pieces, wait till next year. sign some free agents, make some moves that fit. don't go batsh!t crazy on this year that just doesn't have the pitching.

Nuke LaLoosh
07-17-08, 12:12 PM
dont trade away key pieces, wait till next year. sign some free agents, make some moves that fit. don't go batsh!t crazy on this year that just doesn't have the pitching.

I agree don't ever go bat guano crazy and trade away pieces foolishily but whether it is this year or any other, if we can trade porpsects or established players for better/more useful players/prospects I am always in favor.

I guess what I am saying is don't trade from a position of weakness or depseration as you will always lose but if Cashman can pull the trigger on something smart that brings us equal or theoretically better value, then why not?

dont_ya_know24
07-17-08, 02:48 PM
kennedy/horne + for kemp

YASS
07-17-08, 02:51 PM
kennedy/horne + for kemp
Does that mean Kennedy and Horne + or does it mean Kennedy or Horne +

Whichever, it depends entirely on the (+).

JavyVazquezIsSick
07-17-08, 11:38 PM
I'm fine with this although I really wish we hadn't signed Posada to that contract in the offseason. It's looking really ugly right now going forward.

Dustin563
07-18-08, 12:02 AM
I'm fine with this although I really wish we hadn't signed Posada to that contract in the offseason. It's looking really ugly right now going forward.

He's been very durable throughout his career. Let's give him some slack this year and see how things go next year.

ajra21
07-18-08, 09:12 AM
He's been very durable throughout his career. Let's give him some slack this year and see how things go next year.

he ain't gonna get better is he?

knickfan23
07-18-08, 09:50 AM
Depressing post...

I'm not ready to give up on this year yet. The Yankees are only 5.5 out of the wild card lead.

I wrote this on my blog Wednesday and I can mention it here. That 5.5 game lead is very deceiving. Given the nature of the problems that exist in the different facets of the team, 5.5 is alot bigger than it appears.

destro
07-19-08, 09:18 PM
I wrote this on my blog Wednesday and I can mention it here. That 5.5 game lead is very deceiving. Given the nature of the problems that exist in the different facets of the team, 5.5 is alot bigger than it appears.

hard to "go for it" when you are sending sidney ponson and darrel rasner every 5 days. either you make the "go for it" big move and fill your holes now or you accept your own mortality and simply bite the bullet and wait till next year.

Yankees-26rings
07-20-08, 11:19 AM
I wrote this on my blog Wednesday and I can mention it here. That 5.5 game lead is very deceiving. Given the nature of the problems that exist in the different facets of the team, 5.5 is alot bigger than it appears.The teams in front of them have issues too. They've only got the Twins and the Redsox/Rays in front of them for the WC.