PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Fans for Acquiring Josh Hamilton

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 09:51 PM
Let's get him, via trade, signing, kidnapping whatever it takes. Anyone know when his contract is up?

ppa79
07-14-08, 09:53 PM
try 5 years from now

JavyVazquezIsSick
He only has a year service time, so not for a while.

Josh Hamilton of
1 year/$396,830 (2008)

* re-signed 2/15/08
* acquired in trade from Cincinnati 12/21/07
* 1 year/$0.38M (2007)
o signed 2/07
o acquired in trade from Chicago Cubs 12/06
o drafted # 3 from Tampa Bay in Rule 5 draft 12/06
* sent outright to minors 11/05
* suspended indefinitely 3/04 for violations of MLB substance abuse policy
* drafted 1999 (1-1), $3.96M signing bonus
* agent: Michael Moye
* ML service: 1.000

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
Granted, he did that all on batting practice fastballs, but he's a freak.

wang+cano=future
I think he is arbitration eligible for the next 3-5 years.......

That was impressive.

Brick Tamland
07-14-08, 09:57 PM
28 HR...amazing. Good for him, smack addict, 4 years out of baseball, comes back to be one of the game's most exciting young players in years. How can you not root for a guy like that? Go Josh.

Prison Mike
07-14-08, 09:58 PM
I'd consider trading Kennedy for him...

YankeeStripes
07-14-08, 09:58 PM
He hit one off the back wall in right-center. He hit one that, if it was 3 feet to the left, would have landed on a subway.

He isnt a human.

continentalg5
07-14-08, 10:02 PM
Get it done Cash!!!!!

Mark19
07-14-08, 10:03 PM
Hamilton may be a little out of our reach but don't worry, I hear Cashman is working to make Jose Vidro a Yankee for the next six years.

teknetic
07-14-08, 10:05 PM
He'll be out of his prime by the time we can nab him. Sucks that he went through what he did, he has Hall of Fame talent.

Allan
07-14-08, 10:06 PM
Consider? Not over-valuing our guys, are we?

wang+cano=future
07-14-08, 10:16 PM

Only consider???

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 10:17 PM
He only has a year service time, so not for a while.
I don't have a lot of knowledge on MLB contracts so could someone help me with this. How many years are left on his current contract (I assume the remainder of this year), and after that what are Texas' options with him? Does the team control mean he is sort of a restricted free agent or can Texas just offer him as little as they would like and then he takes them to arbitration.

4bronxbombers
07-14-08, 10:20 PM
As someone said he would look great in pinstripes. :drool:

4bronxbombers
07-14-08, 10:21 PM

Consider?? :scared:

Sam18
07-14-08, 10:26 PM
Wow so many stupid people...

4bronxbombers
07-14-08, 10:28 PM
Wow so many stupid people...

Are you trying to get yourself suspended again? We're half kidding. :doh:

continentalg5
07-14-08, 10:29 PM
Maybe we could offer the Rangers a timeshare to Yankee stadium so that whenever they are facing the Yankees, they can play in the new stadium. Is that enough to get Hammy?

wej5541
07-14-08, 10:31 PM
Maybe we could get him during the last year of his current contract, the Rangers might not be able to afford him as a Free Agent.

b_joseph
07-14-08, 10:34 PM
Hughes and Austin Jackson....and a throw in.

NYYDragoon
07-14-08, 10:35 PM
Jamie has a new man-crush.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-14-08, 10:35 PM
I don't have a lot of knowledge on MLB contracts so could someone help me with this. How many years are left on his current contract (I assume the remainder of this year), and after that what are Texas' options with him? Does the team control mean he is sort of a restricted free agent or can Texas just offer him as little as they would like and then he takes them to arbitration.
They can offer him the league minimum next year, and then he's arbitration eligible for the 3 years following that. He's under their control through 2012.

Apparently they've been talking with him about a long-term deal, but I think talks cooled last month.

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 10:36 PM
They can offer him the league minimum next year, and then he's arbitration eligible for the 3 years following that. He's under their control through 2012.
Darn, thanks for the explanation though.

Prison Mike
07-14-08, 10:37 PM
Consider?? :scared:

Jokes..... I refuse to use the smileys.

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 10:37 PM
Jamie has a new man-crush.
:lol:

Allan
07-14-08, 10:41 PM
Jokes..... I refuse to use the smileys.
Oh. Then I retract my post.

4bronxbombers
07-14-08, 10:42 PM

wow...i want that av. Awesome. :lol:

-tz
07-14-08, 10:43 PM
I'd trade A-Rod for him! :drool:

'Course, Texas may not want A-Rod ... :o

4bronxbombers
07-14-08, 10:44 PM
I'd trade A-Rod for him! :drool:

'Course, Texas may not want A-Rod ... :o

Wow....I don't know if I would go that far....but I could be convinced. :lol:

YankeeStripes
07-14-08, 11:01 PM
Hughes, Kennedy, Jackson, and Texa$

b_joseph
07-14-08, 11:02 PM
wow...i want that av. Awesome. :lol:I have a new 2nd fave player :)

Hughes, Jackson, Melky Cabrera and Kennedy.

JL25and3
07-14-08, 11:03 PM
The last thing Josh Hamilton needs is to be thrown into the Yankee pressure cooker.

cyhughes22
07-14-08, 11:06 PM
Cano, Kennedy, Horne, Melky,Betemit and a big suitcase of money for Hamilton, get it done Cash.:D

1FastClown
07-14-08, 11:07 PM
Just got home from the HR Derby: DAMN! I'm on board; that kid (26) has got some power.

LeapsNbounds
07-14-08, 11:07 PM
At least Hamilton PARTICIPATES in the HR Derby, not like that selfish A-rod. ;)

apalradio
07-14-08, 11:08 PM
Just got home from the HR Derby: DAMN! I'm on board; that kid (26) has got some power.Best hitter I've seen since Redford in The Natural.

b_joseph
07-14-08, 11:09 PM
The last thing Josh Hamilton needs is to be thrown into the Yankee pressure cooker.He could deal with it...He has perspective on life that comes with knwoing what rock bottom feels like.

Hughes, Jackson, Melky, Kennedy, Bag of balls, signed Yogi jersey, dvd of Cone's perfect game for Hamilton.

Don Mack
07-14-08, 11:21 PM
At least Hamilton PARTICIPATES in the HR Derby, not like that selfish A-rod. ;)

I happen to agree with ARod, perhaps because Bobby Abreu might have advised him hitting all those homers some years back, took a lot out of him and he's never had the same power.

Look at what happened to Hamilton. He hit like 28 homers in the first round and then was too tired to hit many more and lost to Morneau. Let's see what he does tomorrow night. And it can mess up your swing as well, once you only try to hit home runs.

Roberto Kelly
07-14-08, 11:29 PM
This is why people hate Yankee fans. (at least a certain segment of the fanbase).

JohnnyDamonfan
07-14-08, 11:38 PM

If we can actually get Hamilton for Kennedy I will singlehandedly buy Kennedy a first class ticket to Texas drive him down to the airport and find him a place to stay in Texas maybe if Hamilton gave some of his drugs to the manager of the Rangers he'd actually consider it.;) That guy is a monster and it would be an extreme pleasure to be on our team. I would give up almost anyone /anything for him to be on our team.

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 11:45 PM
This is why people hate Yankee fans. (at least a certain segment of the fanbase).

Why, because we're talking about how awesome it would be to have a guy like Hamilton on our team.

I guess there are some teams that don't want him? :dunno:

JohnnyDamonfan
07-14-08, 11:48 PM
Why, because we're talking about how awesome it would be to have a guy like Hamilton on our team.

I guess there are some teams that don't want him? :dunno:

I think he meant like the people who say stuff like trades that will never happen like Kennedy for Hamilton. Josh is a great guy. I think any team would love to have him all that concerns me is him being a ex drug addict.

YanksFan1992
07-14-08, 11:50 PM
I think he meant like the people who say stuff like trades that will never happen like Kennedy for Hamilton. Josh is a great guy. I think any team would love to have him all that concerns me is him being a ex drug addict.

I'm just giving him a hard time. :o

Hopefully non-Yankees fans who are reading this as guests do know we are joking (at least most of us :lol:).

Yankees13
07-14-08, 11:51 PM
Oh come on. The guy just put on a classic show at Yankee Stadium, and people are giddy about it. Tonight showed the greatness of Yankee fans IMO, getting behind Hamilton the way they did.

CT-Yankee
07-14-08, 11:58 PM
Oh come on. The guy just put on a classic show at Yankee Stadium, and people are giddy about it. Tonight showed the greatness of Yankee fans IMO, getting behind Hamilton the way they did.

Well said!! I have to admit, after he hit 20, I am thinking, when is this guy available! He really seemed to get into the crowd too.

continentalg5
07-15-08, 12:03 AM
He also looks like he belongs in Pinstripes, I don't know why, but he looked like he was at home at Yankee Stadium.

groundhoggator
07-15-08, 12:10 AM
He also looks like he belongs in Pinstripes, I don't know why, but he looked like he was at home at Yankee Stadium.

Too bad he didn't dream about being a Yankee.

NYATLCHRIS
07-15-08, 12:18 AM
To think that 2 years ago any team in baseball could have had him. Of course it was a big huge gamble at the time. How much did the reds sign him for?

Don Mack
07-15-08, 12:48 AM
To think that 2 years ago any team in baseball could have had him. Of course it was a big huge gamble at the time. How much did the reds sign him for?

Reminds me a bit of that pitcher the Marlins drafted from Peabody, Mass. He was great in high school as long as he could juice up with Oxycontin. But you can't do that in the major leagues. Jeff Allison. That's his name. Had to look it up. He was throwing 98 mph fastballs in high school and in his senior year didn't allow a single run to score all season. Where is he now? Probably in a rehab.

Would anyone take a chance on this kid? He too has been in and out of rehabs and just can't stop using Oxycontin. He might be the next Josh Hamilton story if he can stay away from drugs.

Mark19
07-15-08, 12:50 AM
Reminds me a bit of that pitcher the Marlins drafted from Peabody, Mass. He was great in high school as long as he could juice up with Oxycontin. But you can't do that in the major leagues. Jeff Allison. That's his name. Had to look it up. He was throwing 98 mph fastballs in high school and in his senior year didn't allow a single run to score all season. Where is he now? Probably in a rehab.

Would anyone take a chance on this kid? He too has been in and out of rehabs and just can't stop using Oxycontin. He might be the next Josh Hamilton story if he can stay away from drugs.

Gammons was talking about what a great kid he was and how he'll be in the majors soon. Good old Peter would probably be raving about the 'winning personality' of the Boston Strangler if he had a good curve ball.

stupidpunchline
07-15-08, 01:01 AM
With all due respect, prodigious power not withstanding, Josh Hamilton is and always will be one drink from falling off the wagon.

ShortPorch
07-15-08, 01:25 AM
Dude, way too much. God only knows (pun intended) when Hamilton is gonna relapse into heroin addiction.

Like...Ian Kennedy and Austine Romine...that'd be much better.

False1
07-15-08, 01:52 AM
I hope he can stay clear of trouble. What a talent. It's a shame that he nearly gave all that up. Heck, wasn't tonight worth all the crack in the friggin world???

Good luck Josh - keep up the good work on the field, but more importantly for you and other recovering addicts, keep up the GREAT work off the field!!!

JL25and3
07-15-08, 05:44 AM
He could deal with it...He has perspective on life that comes with knwoing what rock bottom feels like.

Hughes, Jackson, Melky, Kennedy, Bag of balls, signed Yogi jersey, dvd of Cone's perfect game for Hamilton.Don't make the mistake of thinking, well, the kid's OK now, he can handle anything. I'm willing to bet that Hamilton has a lot more respect for his addiction than that, and you should, too. Give the kid a break.

b_joseph
07-15-08, 05:55 AM
Don't make the mistake of thinking, well, the kid's OK now, he can handle anything. I'm willing to bet that Hamilton has a lot more respect for his addiction than that, and you should, too. Give the kid a break.The test is now. Even the non-baseball fans will know him now and people will expect greatness every single day.

Fingers crossed.

desus
07-15-08, 06:19 AM
With all due respect, prodigious power not withstanding, Josh Hamilton is and always will be one drink from falling off the wagon.

And as a life long bronx resident, I don't think 161st street is anywhere a former drug addict needs to be near. Seriously.

montrealer
07-15-08, 07:24 AM
Put the crack pipe down folks.

Tabata
07-15-08, 08:51 AM
Is YF92 done with sucking, err, umm, I'll stop there. :uhh:

Bleacher_Creature
07-15-08, 10:05 AM
We could have had him for free, but we have that whole Yankee image thing to worry about....

YASS
07-15-08, 10:10 AM
We could have had him for free, but we have that whole Yankee image thing to worry about....
I doubt it was any image concern that kept teams from selecting him in the Rule 5 draft. Teams that passed him by were more likely concerned about his lack of minor league playing time after a 3-year layoff and didn't think he had a snowball's chance to stick on the 25-man roster.

yankeesnumber1
07-15-08, 10:20 AM
Consider? Not over-valuing our guys, are we?

hahahaha!!!! Maybe just a little. I would pack IPK's bags for him to get Hamilton.

yankeeman61
07-15-08, 10:59 AM
If this wasn't the most predictable thread ever, I don't know what would be. :D

That was an impressive display, to say the least. Probably the closest thing today's generation has witnessed to what Mickey Mantle provided for us geezers. Now if Hamilton had turned around to the right side and hit a few 500'+, then it might be the second coming of the Mick. I think the only question for Hamilton is, who will play him in the movie? It would be funny to have a comedic version starring Will Ferrell - he kinda looks like Josh, but they would have to CGI a body and attach it to his head.

Hopefully this kid stays on the straight and narrow the rest of his life. It would be refreshing to not have a drug addict athlete relapse time after time. There is no way the Rangers are letting go of this kid. It's too bad the Yankees were one of the many teams who didn't take a flyer on him. Even though it was just the HR Derby, what Hamilton accomplished last night was legendary. Imagine if he did it as a member of the Yankees. The kid is electrifying. I would love to see Tim Lincecum in pinstripes for the same reason. I can only dream..

4bronxbombers
07-15-08, 11:08 AM
Put the crack pipe down folks.

:lol: Aww....you're ruining our fun Jake!

ArodMVP217
07-15-08, 11:13 AM
definitely cole hauser

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics4/paparazzi1.jpg

from paparazi, K-ville, 2fast2furious, ER?

I don't think Josh is arby eligible for another year though, and he has a shot at teh triple crown, so it would take a heluva lot to get him

YanksFan1992
07-15-08, 12:04 PM
Is YF92 done with sucking, err, umm, I'll stop there. :uhh:

Funny.

BillBuckner
07-15-08, 12:39 PM
I think our best chance is kidnapping. We might be able to pull it off.

BillBuckner
07-15-08, 12:41 PM
I actually think we should focus on his 71 year old BP thrower as a possible setup man.

Bozidar
07-15-08, 12:46 PM
No thanks.

Jasbro
07-15-08, 12:46 PM
I love the reaction after seeing a good player have a good game/series. Suddenly the board erupts with "HOW DO WE GET ....... "

Ynkcpt23
07-15-08, 12:49 PM
I love the reaction after seeing a good player have a good game/series. Suddenly the board erupts with "HOW DO WE GET ....... "

Me too!! After last night I thought to myself--they're wetting themselves all over NYYFans as we speak...:D

YanksFan1992
07-15-08, 12:51 PM

You do realize I was joking (at least mostly), right? I thought I had made that obvious when I suggested we kidnap him. :lol:

DontHateOnNumber2
07-15-08, 01:10 PM
I watched some of the Derby and was blown away. Sure he was killing BP fastballs, but he was hitting HRs to every part of the field. Then I remembered that he did that anyways! He's going to be a Ranger for quite a while, but I probably wouldn't be opposed to getting him once some of our outfielders part ways with the team. :D

Jasbro
07-15-08, 02:12 PM

I think anyone associated with the Yankees would too. He was acquired by Texas for a Cy Young calibre pitcher.

Next topic.

Jasbro
07-15-08, 02:13 PM
You do realize I was joking (at least mostly), right? I thought I had made that obvious when I suggested we kidnap him. :lol:

Of course your post was tongue in cheek -- but there really are people out there who wish Cashman was working the phones right now.

Hellsing
07-15-08, 02:59 PM
I think anyone associated with the Yankees would too. He was acquired by Texas for a Cy Young calibre pitcher.

Next topic.

When Volquez was traded, his Major League numbers were pretty terrible. He is now 25 and maybe getting a hang of what it takes, but he was not dominating anything his first year up.

Phil Hughes had MORE innings and MUCH more success as a 21 year old.

Just sayin'.

surge511
07-15-08, 04:32 PM
Josh Hamilton is not going anywhere. He was just traded for one of the best pitchers this year, and is having a near triple crown type season.

shadyridr
07-15-08, 04:34 PM
I want no part of this guy. He clearly cant perform under pressure in a playoff.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-15-08, 05:12 PM
I want no part of this guy. He clearly cant perform under pressure in a playoff.
:lol:

b_joseph
07-15-08, 06:05 PM
Of course your post was tongue in cheek -- but there really are people out there who wish Cashman was working the phones right now.Its just a bit of fun fella. We all know that it has no chance of happening.

Ease up.

Toaderly
07-15-08, 06:26 PM

Which makes me wonder if a similar thread existed in '05 about Abreu?

The FUTURE
07-15-08, 07:50 PM
the time to of gotten him would of been last off-season. sadly we prob. could have gotten him for Kennedy and something else and almost every person on this board would have been in rage, amazing what a difference half a season makes ahh. he isn't going anywhere right now tho. he is going to be a ranger for a long time.

goin for 27
07-15-08, 08:04 PM
I think our best chance is kidnapping. We might be able to pull it off.

I doubt it. To kidnap a big guy like Hamilton, you need to hit him, and the Yanks have not been able to hit all year.

*rimshot*

JeffWeaverFan
07-15-08, 09:05 PM
Too bad this wasn't thought of 2 years ago. Yeah, no chance.