PDA

View Full Version : Time To Boycott This Team

The Q Bomb
07-04-08, 04:14 PM
If Girardi's diatribe didn't light a fire under this sad sack team - maybe a fan boycott or protest would. I'm amazed that this team doesn't get booed off the field or that one day they are not playing in front of only 10,000 fans. I keep saying, it's not the win-loss record of this team - it's the lackluster play; the players performing below their talent level; the basically AAA baseball they play on the field (without the excitment or cheap ticket prices). Fans need to stop showing up or show up with signs saying "PITIFUL!"; or booing the team from first inning to last.

What a bunch of jokers - from Jeter to A-Rod to Abreu to Posada to Molina to Hughes to Wang (What? You can't run around the base once without breaking your ankle?!) to 15 other guys on this team. Disgraceful!

-tz
07-04-08, 04:17 PM
Wang didn't break his ankle. He sprained a ligament in his foot.

Why didn't you add Damon to the list ... what, you can't even give an all-out effort to try to snare a potential home run ball without damaging your shoulder?

YankeeinCT
07-04-08, 04:17 PM
If Girardi's diatribe didn't light a fire under this sad sack team - maybe a fan boycott or protest would. I'm amazed that this team doesn't get booed off the field or that one day they are not playing in front of only 10,000 fans. I keep saying, it's not the win-loss record of this team - it's the lackluster play; the players performing below their talent level; the basically AAA baseball they play on the field (without the excitment or cheap ticket prices). Fans need to stop showing up or show up with signs saying "PITIFUL!"; or booing the team from first inning to last.

What a bunch of jokers - from Jeter to A-Rod to Abreu to Posada to Molina to Hughes to Wang (What? You can't run around the base once without breaking your ankle?!) to 15 other guys on this team. Disgraceful!

Though I am completely down on this team, if you're a fan, how can you stop showing up? Or what would be the fun in booing the team from first inning to last?

The Yankee owners probably only halfway care because they've sold most of the seats to the games anyway.

And how is Hughes responsible for having a broken rib?

gdn
07-04-08, 04:19 PM
Funny thread.

CallOfTheCrow
07-04-08, 04:20 PM
You can also give up & go support Colorado if you'd like.

WashingtonYankee
Are you for real?
Looks like a banwagoner jumps off the wagon when they're down.

themgmt
http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

http://www.oz-dog.com/images/crybaby_jdepp_300x298.jpg

2JAY
07-04-08, 04:21 PM
The 2008 Yankees are exactly what they are: average.
And their record and style of play reflect this.

montrealer
07-04-08, 04:22 PM
Funny thread.
It won`t end well either......

JDPNYY
07-04-08, 04:23 PM

I, for one, hope you decide to boycott this team.

Yankees Empire
I understand the sentiment completely. The team is playing poorly and fans get frustrated and feel the need to do something.

But stop showing up? Not me. Not showing up when things get hard is, at least to me, the perfect definition of a bandwagon fan. Not winning? I'm not going. The team's winning? I'm there!!

I get the frustration but you can't give up hope.

Prison Mike
Seriously? Really? We're 4 games over .500 and you want people to stop showing up at the stadium? Booing for an entire game?

Go ahead and hop off the bandwagon. We'll be here when you get back.

Eldee5
07-04-08, 04:24 PM
Having the Yankees make the playoffs every year is not a God-given right. We as fans have been the beneficiaries of something very special over the past 13 years. There's a very good chance that this team won't make it to the postseason this year; that doesn't mean I stop being a Yankees' fan and give up on my team. I love baseball and I love YANKEES' baseball. I'm not going to cheat myself out of the best summer pleasure there is because this particular Yankees' team isn't playing up to par.

TheJobaRules
07-04-08, 04:24 PM
I would never, EVER boycott the New York Yankees. Even if I had to relieve the middle-sixties, early-seventies. I have to tickets to the sunday night game, and I can't wait to go.

gdn
07-04-08, 04:25 PM
It won`t end well either......Time for the lock?

teknetic
07-04-08, 04:28 PM

Your rants were kinda funny and a bit over the top, but this is hilarious and depressing.

Yea, an OPS near .1000 is disgraceful so is a pitcher getting hurt rounding the bases on a fluke injury. This is a game, if this team annoys you that much, don't watch it..much less post on a message board.

goin for 27
07-04-08, 04:30 PM
Can't/Would never boycott. Maybe paper bags over the head at games though. :P

4bronxbombers
07-04-08, 04:32 PM

Yeah, because booing does so much to motivate players.

Casey37
This is laughable. Whatever happened to rooting for your team through thick and thin?

dave8274
But stop showing up? Not me. Not showing up when things get hard is, at least to me, the perfect definition of a bandwagon fan. Not winning? I'm not going. The team's winning? I'm there!! I would agree with you if you were, say, a Pirates fan, where they were playing as hard as they could, they just don't have the talent. When you have a roster like the Yankees and they play .500 ball, then by definition they just aren't giving it max effort. If the players don't care enough, why should the fans come out and support them? Me, I'm pretty close to TIVOing all the games and fast forwarding through them to see what happened every night, as I am getting a little tired of giving them 3 hours of my time every day... and I'm a guy who wouldn't miss a game the '90 Yankees played.

CalYankeeFan
07-04-08, 04:34 PM
You can also give up & go support Colorado if you'd like.

Or Milwaukee - I don't think the Yankees have given up a 5 run lead in the bottom of the 9th, without registering and out, yet.

4bronxbombers
07-04-08, 04:35 PM
Become a Sox fan.

Sam18
07-04-08, 04:36 PM
Every year its the same sh*t with the q bomb. Take a look at her other glorious threads. Every single one ended with her being utterly humiliated but of course she doesn't see it that way. Some people really don't deserve thread starting privileges.

WashingtonYankee
07-04-08, 04:37 PM
Become a Sox fan.

:lol: She/he would do so great in Boston.

4bronxbombers
07-04-08, 04:38 PM
:lol: She/he would do so great in Boston.

Perfect match-up. :lol:

montrealer
07-04-08, 04:43 PM
Can't/Would never boycott. Maybe paper bags over the head at games though. :P

NOW.........we`re making sense........:badass:

Yankees Empire
07-04-08, 04:43 PM
I would agree with you if you were, say, a Pirates fan, where they were playing as hard as they could, they just don't have the talent. When you have a roster like the Yankees and they play .500 ball, then by definition they just aren't giving it max effort. If the players don't care enough, why should the fans come out and support them? Me, I'm pretty close to TIVOing all the games and fast forwarding through them to see what happened every night, as I am getting a little tired of giving them 3 hours of my time every day... and I'm a guy who wouldn't miss a game the '90 Yankees played.

I agree that this team should be playing better but I'm not going to give up based on a half season of barely .500 ball. I thought last year's team was toast by this time last year.

You try and enjoy the ride as best you can. I don't mean to turn into Leo Buscaglia here but you've got to find the positive in everything.

You really think the players "don't care?" You know, it's possible that this is as good as this team gets.

montrealer
07-04-08, 04:44 PM
Every year its the same sh*t with the q bomb. Take a look at her other glorious threads. Every single one ended with her being utterly humiliated but of course she doesn't see it that way. Some people really don't deserve thread starting privileges.

Sam...Sam.......:lol: ....You and your Torre Rants.....:roflmao:

CalYankeeFan
07-04-08, 04:45 PM
Tampa Bay has a bandwagon firing up - better hop on now.

dave8274
07-04-08, 04:47 PM
I agree that this team should be playing better but I'm not going to give up based on a half season of barely .500 ball. I thought last year's team was toast by this time last year.

You try and enjoy the ride as best you can. I don't mean to turn into Leo Buscaglia here but you've got to find the positive in everything.

You really think the players "don't care?" You know, it's possible that this is as good as this team gets.' I don't really mean they don't care, but I really don't think they are giving it maximum effort.

Pinstripedbass
07-04-08, 04:48 PM
:-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock-

shotz
07-04-08, 04:49 PM
i never will

NYYStateofMind21355
07-04-08, 04:50 PM
Someone please pass the popcorn...as someone said, there is no way this can possibly end well...LOL

Funny thing is I didn't have to look at the name to know who started this thread....lol

Chacon
07-04-08, 04:53 PM
I take it we won't be seeing much from the OP in this thread?

Nice hit and run

1978 Forever
07-04-08, 04:55 PM
Hard to believe that the pint-sized Pedroia has more HR's & RBI's than Cano. And to think earlier this season some of our fans were making the case that Cano was the best in the majors.:eek:

Sam18
07-04-08, 04:55 PM

Nice hit and run

She's not a troll which makes this a thousand times more disturbing.

gdn
07-04-08, 04:56 PM

Nice hit and runThat's always been the MO.

Zimmers' Helmet
07-04-08, 05:00 PM
I stuck through this team even at their most putrid back in 89'-90'.

Even though they're playing abysmal baseball as of late and even though it's frustrating as hell to watch; I will always remain a fan - through thick and thin. It makes the winning all the more enjoyable.

YANKEE MAGIC
07-04-08, 05:03 PM
Time To Boycott This Team ?

Never.

Dave Visbeck
07-04-08, 05:13 PM
:looking: I don't get it. :-shrug-:

BBombers85
07-04-08, 05:14 PM
Few points from my perspective:

I don't pay $4000 a year to boycott when they stink
I don't go to watch only because they win
I go to watch a baseball game and root for my favorite team
You have to take the good with the bad. With the last few years playing out the way they have maybe a down season is what they need for motivation

Torre Must Go
07-04-08, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I was about to say the Rays have a bandwagon and are accepting members.

yankeesAZ
07-04-08, 05:17 PM
I'm used to reading this on M's messages boards.

mjdlight
07-04-08, 05:20 PM
And this is after a half season of sucking.

What if the Yankees go on a 7-10 year suck-a-thon? It has happened in the past, it could happen again.

You stay with the team when its down because it makes the good years that much more sweet.

KLJ
07-04-08, 05:25 PM
What if the Yankees go on a 7-10 year suck-a-thon? It has happened in the past, it could happen again.
oh, i think it will be several years before this team is in the playoffs again.. if it were not for arod and rivera, this team would be in last by a longshot..

mrs.roy
07-04-08, 05:25 PM
I respect the Bomb's opinion..................................
But I've been a Yankee fan since 1964.
Nuff said!

montrealer
07-04-08, 05:28 PM
Tampa Bay has a bandwagon firing up - better hop on now.
Woo Hoo !!!!!!!

jnewmark
07-04-08, 05:37 PM
For those of you that don't care for Qbomb's opinions, there is always the ignore function - make use of it. God knows I have with some other posters. To the thread itself, I won't boycott the Yankees ever, but I probably won't be disappointed if they don't make the playoffs. I feel it's the only way to get the changes needed to get back on the winning track again. I just can't wait to see a younger, hungrier Yankees team take the field. BTW, this a'int half as bad as the '80's !

Dave Visbeck
07-04-08, 05:52 PM
http://nohomers.net/images/smilies/oldman.gif We're into the 108th year for my old team ... and the longest we've ever been over .500 in a season was for maybe sixteen straight seasons, I believe ... and I was around to see them all happen. We didn't win nothing big in those nice years, either. :( I can also recall eight straight sub-.500 years in just my lifetime ... and I know we've done worse then that somewhere along the line, probably beginning the season just before we gave you guys a December 26th Christmas present.

Yankees, right now, are into their fifteenth straight season of .500+ ball, I believe -- with 4 of those damned 26 Championships having had happened in that short time. Yankees have also had thirty-nine straight winning seasons under their belt in the past! What did they win in that time -- 19 TIMES, there about, I think! :eek:

Those that wanna leave your boat, go ahead. I don't think there will really be that many going along. Keep your head up. Remember 1978! :P Oh ... and that "Bucky year" was in my team's good sixteen-year streak. :upset: Why do I torture myself. :-hide-:

26 and counting
07-04-08, 06:03 PM
The one good thing about the Yankees losing is reading all of the complaining going on in here. It's hilarious.

Jglaubman
07-04-08, 06:03 PM
Didn't they just win like 6 games in a row? Calm down.

dogg
07-04-08, 06:05 PM
Are you for real?
Looks like a banwagoner jumps off the wagon when they're down.

It is what it is...a total debacle.

dogg
07-04-08, 06:06 PM
Time for the lock?

no lock...it is a legit argument.

BonusCantos
07-04-08, 06:07 PM
Didn't they just win like 6 games in a row? Calm down.Not that I necessarily agree with the point of the thread, but that 7 game win streak ended about 2 weeks ago. They're 7-8 since I believe, and probably about to be 7-9.

dogg
07-04-08, 06:12 PM

this is arguably the Yanks season defining stretch, at home no less, and they are not up to the challenge? mailing it in is okay? how can you fault the Q-Bomb for being utterly disgusted with the crap product on the field? I say venting is his/her priviledge.

dogg
07-04-08, 06:15 PM
oh, i think it will be several years before this team is in the playoffs again.. if it were not for arod and rivera, this team would be in last by a longshot..

sad but true.

DrNick
07-04-08, 06:17 PM
this is arguably the Yanks season defining stretch, at home no less, and they are not up to the challenge? mailing it in is okay? how can you fault the Q-Bomb for being utterly disgusted with the crap product on the field? I say venting is his/her priviledge.

Than the OP needs to put his/her money where their mouth is and lead by example. Walk away...boycott. Dont talk about...do it!!

4bronxbombers
07-04-08, 06:20 PM
Than the OP needs to put his/her money where their mouth is and lead by example. Walk away...boycott. Dont talk about...do it!!

Switch teams!! :P

DrNick
07-04-08, 06:22 PM
Switch teams!! :P

NTTAWWT...oh wait, thats not what were talkin about :P

BillBuckner
07-04-08, 07:21 PM
http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

Beat me to it.

bigjf
07-04-08, 07:23 PM

Yep, have fun. You rope together anyone and everyone you can to boycott. Leave plenty of empty stadium seats so that I can maybe get myself a ticket to the game on gameday and kick my feet up.

1978 Forever
07-04-08, 08:36 PM
The one good thing about the Yankees losing is reading all of the complaining going on in here. It's hilarious.

Some of you are content with mediocrity because you can always throw out the old, tired lines .."We've won more World Series..blah, blah, blah...."...Well I say shame on you!

Marc
07-04-08, 08:44 PM
I would consider boycotting the team, but I'm not even an official fan yet. Wouldn't that be a bit premature?

Anyways, I don't think boycotting the Yankees would benefit their performances. If anything, the lack in ticket sales, would hurt the Yankees' future as they would have less revenue to play with.

ZYanksRule
07-04-08, 09:22 PM
Did no one else see this coming?

Back in February, I said this team was mediocre, and this was probably a retooling year while we waited until next year when Hughes/Joba/Kennedy were up to full throttle.

Now, their injuries have derailed that plan, but this is still a team in transition. We're on the right path. The major league team doesn't show this, but the minor leagues do.

This off year for the big club may not make me chipper about the team in the Bronx, but I am excited about the team that will be in the Bronx in 2009 and beyond. We're on the right track, even though this year is likely not going to show it.

JohnnyDamonfan
07-04-08, 09:34 PM
Let me ask you something. How would this help? Do you think if people stopped showing up or bringing along signs that say"Pitiful" or booing the team will help? Like if you do those things a Magic wand will wave and they'll suddenly begin to play better? If anything if something like that happens they'll begin to play worse.

YankeeFan66
07-04-08, 09:37 PM
I paid too much to Directv to Boycott the Yankee Games!!! :eek:

Trish
07-04-08, 10:40 PM
I, for one, hope you decide to boycott this team.

I hope she boycotts this forum. Forever.

Please?

Michaels07
07-04-08, 11:45 PM
I just spoke to Yogi, he sez it`s not over till it`s over

webassign
07-05-08, 01:32 AM
Good thing I haven't gone to a single game yet. It would have been a waste of money.

Stick Michael
07-05-08, 01:39 AM
I have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

dabomb2045
07-05-08, 01:49 AM
You know what....I think I will join this boycott. I mean the Yanks have done nothing for me. All I've seen them do since I've become a fan is:

a) make the playoffs 13 years in a row
b) win 9 straight division titles
c) win 4 championships and make two other World Series

Yeah...its been real tough. They've given me nothing. I think I'll bail on this team when they are only three games over in July 2008.

Seriously though, I'm betting the OP is NOT a Rangers, Knicks or Jets fan. Try go rooting for those teams and see how much fun you have.

Nome
07-05-08, 07:22 AM
I love baseball. The Yankees are baseball to me. Baseballhas been a major part of my life. To boycott baseball is for me to boycot life.

I turned 70 last month and have been a Yankee fan since 1947. I have been through thick (1947-1964, and 1996-2007) and thin (the CBS years and the early days of the GS Reign). I can no more boycott the Yankees than I can even think of divorcing my fantastic wife of 45 years.
Yes these Yankees are playing with no heart; yes, they seem to be playing for personal stats and not as a team; yes, at times they are unwatchable, but I never have been and never will be a frontrunner. If the Yankees become also rans those fans who need to be able to wave their index fingers in the air shouting "We're # 1" can go elsewhere for their thrills.
I'll still be here when you come back, as you inevitably will

Andy

smr15
07-05-08, 08:23 AM
What Andy said.. (and quite eloquently, at that)

montrealer
07-05-08, 08:27 AM

Geez........you didn`t even sign off.

montrealer
07-05-08, 08:32 AM
I love baseball. The Yankees are baseball to me. Baseballhas been a major part of my life. To boycott baseball is for me to boycot life.

I turned 70 last month and have been a Yankee fan since 1947. I have been through thick (1947-1964, and 1996-2007) and thin (the CBS years and the early days of the GS Reign). I can no more boycott the Yankees than I can even think of divorcing my fantastic wife of 45 years.
Yes these Yankees are playing with no heart; yes, they seem to be playing for personal stats and not as a team; yes, at times they are unwatchable, but I never have been and never will be a frontrunner. If the Yankees become also rans those fans who need to be able to wave their index fingers in the air shouting "We're # 1" can go elsewhere for their thrills.

Andy

Nicey said ,Andy. I too been a fan of Baseball for over 40 years. Yankees and Expos. Been thru alot of crap with both teams over the years . Not a week-end goes by that I don`t have a ballgame on the radio in the background of my home.
And people ...give the poster a wee bit of a break.................she`s venting and there`s alot of that going on in here. And God forbid this turns into the July 4th Massacre with 4 staight losses.

Tino's Girl
07-05-08, 09:45 AM
Nicey said ,Andy. I too been a fan of Baseball for over 40 years. Yankees and Expos. Been thru alot of crap with both teams over the years . Not a week-end goes by that I don`t have a ballgame on the radio in the background of my home.
And people ...give the poster a wee bit of a break.................she`s venting and there`s alot of that going on in here. And God forbid this turns into the July 4th Massacre with 4 staight losses.
***** JULY 4th MASSACRE? - BITE YOUR TONGUE - DON"T EVEN THINK OF IT :mad: *****

Well folks, lets focus on the positive - one Yankee team won last night - the Staten Island Yankees! They are the future. Pat Venditte got his 4th save last night. It was my first time seeing him pitch - it was pretty cool, being a switch pitcher.

Yes it is very difficult to watch a team play with no heart. These are the times when I would have liked George to have a tirade - he may have had his faults (in the 1980's especially) but one thing you have to say is that the only thing that man ever wanted was to WIN.

rajah
07-05-08, 09:45 AM
I of course agree with Nome and Montrealer et al. There is no real difference between boycotting a team because they are losing and being a front runner fan. I know the rationalizations, like "its not that they are losing, but its that they are losing when their talent and pay says they should be winning" or "they are playing without heart", as evidenced I guess, by their low BA with RISP. But I don't believe that these are real reasons.

I don't make moral judgments against those who want to root for only winning teams or who transfer loyalties between teams for other reasons. This is only entertainment and people have a right to be entertained any way they wish. I myself switch teams in other sports based on how well I like the players, coaches, owners, and even fans.

I just happen to root for the Yankees as a constant fan through winning and losing seasons, through inspiring play and patheitc struggles. I have done that since 1955 and I suspect I will do it for the rest of my life. I am going to the game today and will continue to buy tickets and root for the pinstripes. I like it that way. It ultimately is more fulfilling to me.

Finally, I should point out that others are right; rejecting the Yankees because they are playing poorly will not make them play better. The only possible effect it could have would be to make the Steinbrenners think that they have to have a "win now at all costs" mentality.

wardsp
07-05-08, 09:49 AM
I of course agree with Nome and Montrealer et al. There is no real difference between boycotting a team because they are losing and being a front runner fan. I know the rationalizations, like "its not that they are losing, but its that they are losing when their talent and pay says they should be winning" or "they are playing without heart", as evidenced I guess, by their low BA with RISP. But I don't believe that these are real reasons.

I don't make moral judgments against those who want to root for only winning teams or who transfer loyalties between teams for other reasons. This is only entertainment and people have a right to be entertained any way they wish. I myself switch teams in other sports based on how well I like the players, coaches, owners, and even fans.

I just happen to root for the Yankees as a constant fan through winning and losing seasons, through inspiring play and patheitc struggles. I have done that since 1955 and I suspect I will do it for the rest of my life. I am going to the game today and will continue to buy tickets and root for the pinstripes. I like it that way. It ultimately is more fulfilling to me.

Finally, I should point out that others are right; rejecting the Yankees because they are playing poorly will not make them play better. The only possible effect it could have would be to make the Steinbrenners think that they have to have a "win now at all costs" mentality.

I think its worthwhile to remember that this is just a form of entertainment for all of us...call it a version of the soap opera. I mean the struggles, the drama, the triumph, etc. Sports is akin to the Guiding Light...just with large sweaty men catching stuff. My only complaint about the Yankees this season is that they are incredibly boring and predictable. Watching a team with a glass jaw is interesting maybe the first 10 times, after that its a little predictable. We need a new plot line.

Trish
07-05-08, 11:23 AM

If you think this poster needs a break, you aren't familiar with her postings. This has been going on for years, and it's tired.

BroadwayBomber55
07-05-08, 12:26 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nice try Q Bomb. Winning or losing, I'm not joining your boycott party.

You win some seasons, you lose some seasons. That's the way it is.

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-05-08, 12:36 PM
You win some seasons, you lose some seasons. That's the way it is.
And while the lack of recent post-season success has been frustrating, on the whole, we've had more than our share of the former.

hockeypuck2008
07-05-08, 12:42 PM
the Yanks have a 200 million dollar payroll. They try, how can you boycott that? Talk about spolied. I don't recall anyone complaining when they signed Damon, traded for Abreau, re-signed Arod. Spending has proven not to be the answer yet all you hear is sign both Texeira and CC.

PinstripePride
07-05-08, 12:44 PM
Boycott the team. Do you realize how spoiled and pathetic this sounds?

Go talk to Pirates fans. Jesus Christ.

azzurribaggio
07-05-08, 01:55 PM

Then better wear a shirt that says, "band wangon fan" because that's what you are....Yankee fans stick with their team through good and bad seasons....I'm a Mattingly fan and have put in my time with crappy teams and was rewarded with the last dynasty.....not sure if you started watching the team only during the last dynasty which makes you an example of a spoiled fan.....the Yanks came back from further during the "Boston Massacre" season...remember then? As loyal fans we need to let them know they stink but still support them.....yes it's frustrating watching them play right now, in fact sometimes I can't watch them on TV it's so frustrating...but I'd rather give this season a try with this bunch versus.... Steve Sax at 2B, Randy Velarde at SS, A-Rod at 3B (Aurelio Rodriguez), Butch Wynegar at C, Dan Pasqua/Claudell Washington/Jesse Barfield, Tim Leary-Dave LaPoint-Andy Hawkins-Pasqual Perez...

I'M OUT.....

R.V.47
07-05-08, 02:01 PM
If people boycott the team, then I hope they dont jump back on when the team becomes world class again.

Tyler Durden
07-05-08, 02:07 PM
Fans need to stop showing up or show up with signs saying "PITIFUL!"; or booing the team from first inning to last.

You're starting to sound like a Mets fan to me...

yankeeman61
07-05-08, 02:16 PM
This thread is funny...from one overreaction to another and another and another. I have no problem with any of it. This is a place to vent frustration and we've had plenty this year.

teknetic
07-05-08, 02:30 PM
Hit and run posting is lametastic.

Octoberbaby
07-05-08, 02:42 PM

Andy

Ditto, except for the age thing (I am not quite there yet)! :)

Leche28
07-05-08, 02:42 PM
Try being a Jets fan.

montrealer
07-05-08, 03:43 PM
If you think this poster needs a break, you aren't familiar with her postings. This has been going on for years, and it's tired.
A Women`s Rant ,Nes Pas?..................make-up sex is to die for.

xenadanielle
07-05-08, 03:56 PM

I never even realized she was a she. :o

DJ27
07-05-08, 09:17 PM

Close this thread!

sullim4
07-06-08, 12:46 AM
Complain about performance all you want, but a better reason to boycott this team would be the ticket prices. Having moved to the west coast in 2006, I'm in total shock over how much it's going to cost me to come back in August to see a game.

$60 face for Main Reserved? That used to be $25 not too long ago. Of course add about another $40 since my only option to buy is Stubhub. I can get seats directly behind home plate at Safeco for much less than that... the team might be a train wreck, but who can look away from those? :)

CT-Yankee
07-06-08, 12:53 AM
I probably won't boycott but I understand the sentiment. It is very difficult to spend all the dollars it takes when the team has been uninspired at home. All it takes is the type of effort you saw from Damon the other day. Hopefully a little less risky effort but you know what I mean.

NYYRules#1
07-06-08, 01:20 AM
Boycotting the team because they're losing is a nice way of saying "I'm a frontrunner."

No chance I boycott the Yanks. They could go 0-162 and I'll still watch every damn loss just as I would watch every win in a 162-0 season. Of course, the latter would make me a lot happier, but hey, loyalty shows most when your team is down, not when they're raking in World Championships and making the playoffs every single year.

YanksFan1992
07-06-08, 02:05 AM
Watching baseball has always been fun and enjoyable for me, even when the Yankees are struggling, and I will love this team tell the day I die, whether we're the worst team in the leauge or the best team in the league, so no I would be joining in your "boycott." :barf:

BroadwayBomber55
07-06-08, 02:24 AM
I agree with all you who stick by the Yankees winning or losing.

I don't see the Yankees make the playoffs every year and win every World Championship.

Even when the Yankees don't win every year, I still watch baseball, because I like to watch it.

People ask me why I like the Yankees so much. With any team in any sport, they try their best to win games, to win championships as a team in a sport they love to play.

BroadwayBomber55
07-06-08, 02:26 AM
Watching baseball has always been fun and enjoyable for me, even when the Yankees are struggling, and I will love this team tell the day I die, whether we're the worst team in the leauge or the best team in the league, so no I would be joining in your "boycott." :barf:
The Q Bomb has produced a lot of unnecessary threads that I read it once or don't read it all and in both times move away.

This thread = :barf:

There are more things in life that I can enjoy other than Yankee baseball like enjoying other sports, travel, read a magazine or two, etc.

BroadwayBomber55
07-06-08, 02:30 AM
http://nohomers.net/images/smilies/oldman.gif We're into the 108th year for my old team ... and the longest we've ever been over .500 in a season was for maybe sixteen straight seasons, I believe ... and I was around to see them all happen. We didn't win nothing big in those nice years, either. :( I can also recall eight straight sub-.500 years in just my lifetime ... and I know we've done worse then that somewhere along the line, probably beginning the season just before we gave you guys a December 26th Christmas present.

Yankees, right now, are into their fifteenth straight season of .500+ ball, I believe -- with 4 of those damned 26 Championships having had happened in that short time. Yankees have also had thirty-nine straight winning seasons under their belt in the past! What did they win in that time -- 19 TIMES, there about, I think! :eek:

Those that wanna leave your boat, go ahead. I don't think there will really be that many going along. Keep your head up. Remember 1978! :P Oh ... and that "Bucky year" was in my team's good sixteen-year streak. :upset: Why do I torture myself. :-hide-:
Don't worry about it Dave.

Q Bomb has nothing to do, but to post unnecessary threads about crap.

Do I think the Yankees are superhuman and above the law? Nope.

We're human just like everyone else: you win some, you lose some.

BroadwayBomber55
07-06-08, 02:31 AM

Andy
Well said Andy aka Nome.

I take every season as a season, no matter how special, no matter how good, no matter how special or terrible it is.

I also take championships the same way.

Sure, I can post things like this, "what will so and so do? K? Hit? BB" and predict like crazy, but let them play.

bigjf
07-06-08, 04:19 PM

A lock would seem like a fair contribution to me. Daresay even a ban?

Yankeesfan924
07-06-08, 04:28 PM
Seriously though, I'm betting the OP is NOT a Rangers, Knicks or Jets fan. Try go rooting for those teams and see how much fun you have.

All three :(

YankeePride1967
07-07-08, 05:12 PM
I see I missed another interesting thread while away.

Toaderly
07-07-08, 05:29 PM
To the OP: If you can't deal with the ups and downs of Yankee baseball, or baseball in general really, then perhaps another sport or hobby would suit you better.

apalradio
07-07-08, 06:17 PM
Complain about performance all you want, but a better reason to boycott this team would be the ticket prices. Having moved to the west coast in 2006, I'm in total shock over how much it's going to cost me to come back in August to see a game.

$60 face for Main Reserved? That used to be $25 not too long ago. Of course add about another $40 since my only option to buy is Stubhub. I can get seats directly behind home plate at Safeco for much less than that... the team might be a train wreck, but who can look away from those? :)Stubhub (or some other scalper) seems to be the only way to get tickets these days. I recently paid $115 for an upper deck box seat, and while it was a great game, it's a little pricey to do this very often. Parking was another 20 bucks, and a hot dog and a beer set me back another fifteen bucks or so. I do not advocate a boycott, but I would shout from the highest rooftop about the exorbitant costs of going to these games. Oh, by the way,. that was the Yanks 12-11 win over KC on June 7th, which was one of the greatest games I've seen and made me feel better about the money and the team, at least for a little while.

Maynerd
07-08-08, 02:18 PM
I'm not as old as Andy, but I've been a baseball fan, and especially a Yankee fan, since 1961. And, the next time I boo somebody in pinstripes, will be the first time.

You support your team. You support them when they win. You support them when they lose. You celebrate when they exceed expectations. And you suffer when they don't reach those expectations.

But, you never STOP supporting your team. You never boo your team. Never.

bigwampum
07-08-08, 02:57 PM
This is what happens when younger fans grow up knowing nothing but success. They feel that the team has a Divine Right to a fantastic season, and are enraged when the team underperforms.
I'm not a Yankee fan because I like championships, I'm a fan because I like the Yankees. And no, I'm not some old geezer who snubs young fans because they didn't toil through crappy seasons. I only really became a fan in about '95 (I was eleven).
Teams have good and bad years, they make good and bad decisions. Yankees win? Great! Yankees lose? Eh, go make some pancakes!

Bozidar
07-08-08, 03:16 PM
i thought this was going to be a tongue-in-cheek post. how sad

fredgmuggs
07-08-08, 03:24 PM
I'm not as old as Andy, but I've been a baseball fan, and especially a Yankee fan, since 1961. And, the next time I boo somebody in pinstripes, will be the first time.

You support your team. You support them when they win. You support them when they lose. You celebrate when they exceed expectations. And you suffer when they don't reach those expectations.

But, you never STOP supporting your team. You never boo your team. Never.Maynerd, you grew up with the same Yankee teams I did and you know we found things to root for when the team wasn't winning (we had to because a few of those years were pretty lean).

The last few years there has been a mindset in some fans that a baseball season is only about attaining championships. God help me if that is the only thing that matters now.... I'll never buy into that thinking.

Trish
07-08-08, 03:28 PM
This is what happens when younger fans grow up knowing nothing but success. They feel that the team has a Divine Right to a fantastic season, and are enraged when the team underperforms.
I'm not a Yankee fan because I like championships, I'm a fan because I like the Yankees. And no, I'm not some old geezer who snubs young fans because they didn't toil through crappy seasons. I only really became a fan in about '95 (I was eleven).
Teams have good and bad years, they make good and bad decisions. Yankees win? Great! Yankees lose? Eh, go make some pancakes!

The problem here is that this is an older woman talking.

4bronxbombers
07-08-08, 03:42 PM

But, you never STOP supporting your team. You never boo your team. Never.

Excellent post Maynerd. :clap:

tdel23
07-08-08, 03:59 PM
fine boycott the team, see you in October.

bigwampum
07-08-08, 04:13 PM
The problem here is that this is an older woman talking.

I don't mean this person specifically, I'm talking about the entire bandwagon culture that grew up around the late-90's Yankees. Sure, there are always going to be longtime fans who are pissed off at the team for some reason or another, but by far most of the criticism of "impatient" fans is levelled at the group that I described.