What configuration?

Betemit at 1st, Giambi at DH

or Gardner in LF, Damon at DH

stupidpunchline
07-04-08, 01:36 PM
Gardner in CF, Melky on the Diamondbacks... or something

themgmt
07-05-08, 06:16 AM
Well this won't be necessary until Damon is back in the lineup.

-tz
07-05-08, 10:02 AM
Until Damon can play, it has to be Gardner in LF, Melky in center, Abreu in right.

It's a tossup between Betemit and Giambi at 1st/DH. I'm not sure Betemit is really a better defender there (the big G has been surprisingly solid there this year, though he's no Mientkiewicz) and Giambi is historically a much better hitter when he plays the field.

Either way, it's a pretty puny lineup with two of our three .300+ hitters out. The next highest BA on the squad is, believe it or not, Jeter's at .282.

By the way, looking at the team stats, I'm surprised to note that none of our pitchers has a BA; i.e., not one of them got a hit in interleague play. Usually, at least one guy manages to slap a single, giving him a BA of 1.000 or .500 or so. (Interleague play did give Darrell Rasner the highest OBP on the squad, though; his two walks in three plate appearances give him a .667. Maybe we should use him as a pinch hitter in the future.)

MTYankee23
07-05-08, 10:38 AM
In a perfect world, they're both valuable bench players, now they need to start. Awesome.

bigjf
07-06-08, 03:29 PM
What configuration?

Betemit at 1st, Giambi at DH

or Gardner in LF, Damon at DH

Giambi at 1st (he hits better when he fields), Damon in LF, Gardner in CF, Melky on the bench, Betemit on the bench.

Nome
07-06-08, 05:36 PM
Giambi at 1st (he hits better when he fields), Damon in LF, Gardner in CF, Melky on the bench, Betemit on the bench.
Betemit would be better on the LA Dodgers bench

BennyTheJetRodriguez
07-07-08, 02:15 AM
Betemit would be better on the LA Dodgers bench
We should see what they're willing to offer. It would be funny to trade him back there and get something useful while they have to suffer through Proctor competing for the title of worse pitcher in baseball.

-tz
07-07-08, 03:03 AM
After seeing the Giambino turn that 3-6-3 today, I say leave him out there every day. Betemit can DH, when Posada isn't doing it.

JavyVazquezIsSick
07-07-08, 09:14 AM
Gardner in CF, Melky on the Diamondbacks... or something

Yup...

JeffWeaverFan
07-07-08, 10:24 AM
It depends on how guys hit in the next week or so while Damon is out.

bigjf
07-07-08, 12:44 PM
We should see what they're willing to offer. It would be funny to trade him back there and get something useful while they have to suffer through Proctor competing for the title of worse pitcher in baseball.

Betemit for Chan Ho Park? :D

themgmt
07-08-08, 07:53 PM
Betemit over Giambi with a lefty on the mound = something I never want to see again.

Betemit over Giambi period actually

teknetic
07-08-08, 08:15 PM
Betemit's AB makes me wanna get into drinking.

Guiseppe Franco
07-08-08, 08:41 PM
Who should be sent packing first? Melky or Betemit?

flymick24
07-09-08, 12:45 AM
neither

*takes gun out and shoots self*