PDA

View Full Version : " King " Felix Hernandez ?

Abe Frohman
06-25-08, 09:05 AM
Heyman was on M & MD yesterday and he was told that !!! EVERYONE !!!

is expendable for trade, a complete Mariners fire sale. Now i begin to wonder if this would

include the King. Can you guys just imagine this kid pitching for us ??? a Rotation of

Hernandez, Wang, Joba, Hughes and ??? is unbelievable. i know it would take a

lot to get him but i think itd be worth it for a young kid with his immense talent and

confidence. The kid carries himself like a legit Ace on the mound. Id sacrifice more money

and gve up better prospects to get this guy than anyone else that'll be available, including Sabathia.

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-25-08, 09:06 AM
How about Heyman is a moron and there is no chance the Mariners trade Felix?

Martini6196
06-25-08, 09:15 AM
There's no way they trade Felix. He's getting paid league minimum and is the ace of the staff. He's EXACTLY the type of player you DON'T trade when you are having a firesale. I have a feeling Heyman is talking mainly about Bedard.

jeterlove
06-25-08, 09:15 AM
Your posts are just impossible to read with that weird spacing.

Why the hell do

you

type like

that?

Bleacher_Creature
06-25-08, 09:26 AM
Heyman was on M & MD yesterday and he was told that !!! EVERYONE !!! is expendable for trade, a complete Mariners fire sale. Now i begin to wonder if this would include the King. Can you guys just imagine this kid pitching for us ??? a Rotation of Hernandez, Wang, Joba, Hughes and ??? is unbelievable. i know it would take a lot to get him but i think itd be worth it for a young kid with his immense talent and confidence. The kid carries himself like a legit Ace on the mound. Id sacrifice more moneyand gve up better prospects to get this guy than anyone else that'll be available, including Sabathia.

He's not going to get traded, but IF he was, and IF we did land him our rotation would not be "Hernandez, Wang, Joba, Hughes and ???". We would have to give up Hughes & Cano + more players/prospects.

BRNXBMRS
06-25-08, 09:46 AM
No chance Hernandez gets traded.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-25-08, 09:54 AM
If he does get traded trust me we'll all be praying to the gods that we don't get him. He's gonna cost to much. Joba and/or Hughes have to be part of Seattle's deal. And as much as I would like Hernandez on the team I am not willing to trade Hughes or Joba for him are you? People like Sabathia, Halladay, Hernandez, Harden, (Enter superstar here) will not be traded easily. In other words big named pitchers cost big name players for our team.

All though I wish that it worked like MLB 08 on Playstation 2 where you can trade someone like Edwar Ramirez for Harden straight up unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. So unless we get one of these guys in the free agent market they're either going to be to expensive player wise or not traded at all.

THEBOSS84
06-25-08, 09:54 AM
Keep dreaming peeps

He may be one of the most valuable players in baseball dollar for dollar right now.

ARoDfan4life
06-25-08, 09:56 AM
They aren't trading King Felix that's a guy you build your team around.

Mr. Mxylsplk
Getting Felix would be awesome. Doubly awesome if we could add Lincecum to go along with him.

montrealer
MLB is not the Yankee`s farm team.......

THEBOSS84
06-25-08, 09:59 AM
Getting Felix would be awesome. Doubly awesome if we could add Lincecum to go along with him.

I wouldn't take Lincecum unless the Reds threw in Volquez.

primetime714
06-25-08, 10:00 AM
If he does get traded trust me we'll all be praying to the gods that we don't get him. He's gonna cost to much. Joba and/or Hughes have to be part of Seattle's deal. And as much as I would like Hernandez on the team I am not willing to trade Hughes or Joba for him are you? People like Sabathia, Halladay, Hernandez, Harden, (Enter superstar here) will not be traded easily. In other words big named pitchers cost big name players for our team.

All though I wish that it worked like MLB 08 on Playstation 2 where you can trade someone like Edwar Ramirez for Harden straight up unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. So unless we get one of these guys in the free agent market they're either going to be to expensive player wise or not traded at all.

I'd trade Hughes + without even thinking twice about it. I certainly don't want to trade Hughes, but if he could be the centerpiece to a deal for Felix I'd have no problem shipping him off, depending of course on what else the M's want. Which would probably be too much though because you'd have to get a ridiculous return to trade a young, cost controlled, dominating pitcher like Felix.

jeterlove
06-25-08, 10:03 AM
Wait...

There are actually people alive who would have a problem trading Hughes for Felix Hernandez?

Mr. Mxylsplk
06-25-08, 10:12 AM
Wait...

There are actually people alive who would have a problem trading Hughes for Felix Hernandez?
Probably a lot of people in Seattle.

THEBOSS84
06-25-08, 10:12 AM
Wait...

I'm dying to stick around to see the answer to this.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-25-08, 10:15 AM
Wait...

Hughes straight up I might do it. But, Hughes + I don't think I'd do it. If it were something like Hughes/Tabata/(Enter other prospect here) It would take a lot of thought but, I might actually consider it however if it was more like Hughes/Cano/ Etc. etc. I probably wouldn't do it.

jeterlove
06-25-08, 10:16 AM
Hughes/Tabata/Jackson for Felix would be a STEAL for NY

An absolute steal

He is a once in a lifetime talent

Hobie
06-25-08, 10:18 AM
I'd easily trade Hughes+ for Felix...

I'd throw the farm at seattle for Felix. He's the type of guy you pray comes out of your farm system but RARELY (if ever) does.

Sadly, it will never happen.

montrealer
06-25-08, 10:19 AM
Probably a lot of people in Seattle.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: My thoughts exactly.....

montrealer
06-25-08, 10:20 AM
Hughes/Tabata/Jackson for Felix would be a STEAL for NY

An absolute steal

He is a once in a lifetime talent
And that`s why it ain`t happening...........need to ante up a bit more......

YESSIR!
06-25-08, 10:22 AM
Anyone (Heyman) who believes the Mariners would trade Felix is living in la la land. However, I do believe most anyone besides he or Ichiro would be available.

Vin
06-25-08, 10:23 AM
He's one I can see trading Hughes for..

Hobie
06-25-08, 10:24 AM
He's one I can see trading Hughes for..

Yeah. Alot of people seem to forget that he's only a month or so older than Hughes since he's been pitching in the MLB for, what 3 years now? Not to mention he's dominating already at an age where most are still scrapping in the minors.

shadyridr
06-25-08, 10:25 AM
Imagine if we had a rotation of Joba, Hernandez, Lincecum, Volquez, and Wang with Hughes & Kennedy pitching out of the bullpen and Cano manning 2B still? That would be awesome

JL25and3
06-25-08, 10:25 AM
Hughes+ wouldn't even be enough to get Hernandez. Perhaps Hughes + Joba or Cano + Jackson + Tabata. If I were the Mariners, I wouldn't do it for an iota less than that.

YanksFan1992
06-25-08, 10:26 AM
No, my father is friends with someone in the Mariners organization and he's told us that he is not expendable in any case.

Even if the Yankees offered Joba, Kennedy, Horne and Cano the Mariners would almost certainly say no.

Hobie
06-25-08, 10:28 AM
Hughes+ wouldn't even be enough to get Hernandez. Perhaps Hughes + Joba or Cano + Jackson + Tabata. If I were the Mariners, I wouldn't do it for an iota less than that.

Eh....that's pushing it a bit right there. I know it'd be steep to every get him but Hughes + Joba + Jackson + Tabata would be a rape job.

I'd be hard pressed to do Joba straight up for Felix.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-25-08, 10:30 AM
Anyone (Heyman) who believes the Mariners would trade Felix is living in la la land. However, I do believe most anyone besides he or Ichiro would be available.

Maybe going after Bedard would be a reasonable option then? Hernandez has about as much chance being traded as Edinson Volquez has. Which is to say slim to none.

And Hobie that was actually 2 seperate offers

Perhaps Hughes + Joba or Cano + Jackson + Tabata

By the way you were saying it I think that you may have thought all five would have been part of the deal. Cano/Jackson/Tabata seems like it's to good to be which probably means it probably is.

Abe Frohman
06-25-08, 10:52 AM
I wouldnt even think twice about making Phil the centerpiece in a Felix deal.

I know Hughes is popular around these parts but this kid is the real deal, holyfield.

Cano is untouchable IMHO, though.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-25-08, 10:56 AM

I know Hughes is popular around these parts but this kid is the real deal, holyfield.

I respect your opinion but why? Cano is a good second baseman but he isn't amazing. And IMHO he isn't the real deal.

effdamets
06-25-08, 10:57 AM
Sniff.

Felix is the prize possesion of the Mariner's franchise.
Not happening.

As a matter of fact, you have more chance of being 8 feet tall than the Mariners trading Hernandez.

YASS
06-25-08, 10:59 AM
Imagine if we had a rotation of Joba, Hernandez, Lincecum, Volquez, and Wang with Hughes & Kennedy pitching out of the bullpen and Cano manning 2B still? That would be awesome
And if we all could fly and cats threw up flawless diamonds instead of hairballs?

That would be even awesomer!

Brick Tamland
06-25-08, 11:03 AM

Why stop there -- Kazmir and Owings would look great in pinstripes too

Hobie
06-25-08, 11:07 AM
And if we all could fly and cats threw up flawless diamonds instead of hairballs?

That would be even awesomer!

I think I'm going to have to buy a cat now.

YanksFan1992
06-25-08, 11:07 AM
I would say the Yankees had a greater chance of trading Jeter in 1998 than the Mariners do with Felix now. Getting Felix would probably take a package similar to what it would take to get A-Rod if you took the money factor out of it.

montrealer
06-25-08, 11:08 AM
Wow..........just saw a flock of pigs fly by.

Hobie
06-25-08, 11:08 AM
And Hobie that was actually 2 seperate offers

Perhaps Hughes + Joba or Cano + Jackson + Tabata

By the way you were saying it I think that you may have thought all five would have been part of the deal. Cano/Jackson/Tabata seems like it's to good to be which probably means it probably is.

Yeah, when I first read his post I saw it as a 5 player deal.

I'd do Cano + Jackson + Tabata...doubt the Mariners ever would.

jeterlove
06-25-08, 11:09 AM

I'd do Cano + Jackson + Tabata...doubt the Mariners ever would.

And the Mariners would hang up on you and spend the next 30 minutes laughing.

Hobie
06-25-08, 11:13 AM
And the Mariners would hang up on you and spend the next 30 minutes laughing.

Probably. Joba is the one "prospect" I wouldn't trade for anyone in the game. Other than that, Seattle can take their pick and I'll drive the Yankee players to Washington state.

msw6880
06-25-08, 11:19 AM
I'm surprised to hear that people wouldn't trade Joba for Felix straight up. I would do that in a NY minute, pun not intended.

cupcollector99
06-25-08, 11:32 AM
You know what would be even better? Having the Yankees pick the players they want from all the major league teams, but it'll never happen.

Their position is pretty set. A slightly better than .500 team trying to develop young pitching. They won't trade away any of their young studs unless the payoff is greater than or at least equal to the loss. Cashman and the Steins won't be paying the Yankee premium, period, and they're willing to miss the playoffs if it means that, IMHO. The way I see it, if they get anyone, it will be at the last minute and it won't be a multi-player blockbuster.

Dustin563
06-25-08, 11:37 AM
What player on the team is the most expendable that has some value? I don't think trading any kids is going to happen, especially guys like hughes and kennedy who have decreased their value.

YESSIR!
06-25-08, 11:42 AM
Maybe going after Bedard would be a reasonable option then?

Going after Bedard has become a very reasonable option (as is being discussed in his thread). The problem is that the guy apparently doesn't like playing baseball. However, I would love a guy with his talent if we could get him on the cheap, and Cashman took strides to find out what he ws all about. Do you want to play in NY? Are you going to give us 100%? Etc. You try to dive in and take a man at his word. If he's non-chalant about playing in pinstripes, I'd rather not have him at all.

I think Bedard is the only availabale player on the M's that the Yanks would be interested in.

I'm surprised to hear that people wouldn't trade Joba for Felix straight up. I would do that in a NY minute, pun not intended.

I would not trade Joba, at all, personally. Beyond his ability, the kid is a marketing dream come true. He will fill seats and sell merchandise like no one we've seen in recent years (if he stays on, of course).

hardrain
06-25-08, 12:52 PM

Step away from the keyboard. Why would Seattle trade Felix? Why? He's young, He's their best pitcher, he makes very little money. Think for a second.

JL25and3
06-25-08, 03:04 PM

I'd do Cano + Jackson + Tabata...doubt the Mariners ever would.No, actually, I meant it as one deal. Hughes + (Joba or Cano) + Jackson + Tabata.

I didn't say the Yankees should make that deal, I said that if I were the Mariners I wouldn't do it for less. If you're going to trade away your franchise pitcher, you better have one hell of a good reason.

flymick24
06-25-08, 03:08 PM
this thread makes my balls hurt

bigjf
06-25-08, 03:20 PM
There's no way we'd get Felix, but for a guy that young I'd trade any youngster short of Hughes, Joba, and Wang. Again, it would never happen, but a rotation with those 4 guys would be as good as it gets down the road.

Hobie
06-25-08, 03:39 PM
I don't think any of these trade ideas are serious since it's obviously Seattle would never let Felix go...it's more of a "what would you trade" type thread.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-25-08, 03:51 PM

Problem is Hypothetically Seattle was trading Hernandez. They wouldn't want to trade for Joba straight up it would be Joba +. If we just gave them Joba something tells me that wouldn't be enough. And what's this I hear about Bedard not liking to play baseball?

CommerceComet
06-25-08, 03:53 PM
Joba is the one "prospect" I wouldn't trade for anyone in the game.The Yankees won't trade Joba and the Mariners won't trade King Felix. There is a pretty good chance that these two will be the most dominant pitchers in the AL for the next decade or so.

tribros
06-25-08, 04:47 PM
I've lurked here for awhile and finally got a S/N, but reading this thread made me have to post. Hughes and maybe someone else for Hernandez???? Start with Hughes/last years Cano/Horne/Ajax and maybe Seattle returns the call.

Toaderly
06-25-08, 04:54 PM
The guy hits grand salamis. Ain't no way they'll trade him.

Prison Mike
06-25-08, 06:01 PM
No way they trade Felix- it makes no sense. Even if the Mariners suck for the next 3 years, Felix is still only 25 and entering his prime.

nnysiny
06-25-08, 07:00 PM
yeah, im sure Felix is getting traded (to the Yankees, no less)

continentalg5
06-25-08, 08:44 PM
Since they're having a fire sale, Ichiro in RF 09!

bigjf
06-25-08, 09:13 PM
Since they're having a fire sale, Ichiro in RF 09!

I was originally hoping they'd sign him before he signed that extension, but what I've been hearing about him lately, his lack of hustle, his sudden ego from his sense of running the franchise (and his production has mirrored that somewhat), I've lost some interest in him. I'd still take him, but it would cost a fortune in prospects.

They won't trade him anyway. As I said, he and Felix are the franchise.

Yankees13
06-25-08, 09:18 PM
Joba, A-Rod and cash might do it. Seriously, he's one of the ten most valuable commodities in baseball, going nowhere.

JeffWeaverFan
06-25-08, 09:25 PM
I'd trade Hughes, Kennedy, Jackson, Betances, and Melancon for him. I don't think that's enough.

Prison Mike
06-25-08, 09:51 PM
I'd trade Hughes, Kennedy, Jackson, Betances, and Melancon for him. I don't think that's enough.

Agree on both counts.

Abe Frohman
06-25-08, 09:55 PM
Damn guys, dont kill the messenger. Just relaying what Heyman said. I know itd

cost an arm and a leg to get him. Something for the Mariners to think about though

seeing as they have to rebuild the ENTIRE team.

NelsonMuntz
06-25-08, 10:00 PM
No

f'ing

way

the

mariners

are

trading

him

might

as

well

lock

this

thread

BroadwayBomber55
06-25-08, 11:31 PM
No way the Mariners are trading "King" Felix Hernandez.

Like everyone said, he's the M's ace.

They need a better front office to build around him.

teknetic
06-25-08, 11:35 PM
Damn guys, dont kill the messenger. Just relaying what Heyman said. I know itd

cost an arm and a leg to get him. Something for the Mariners to think about though

seeing as they have to rebuild the ENTIRE team.

He's TWENTY TWO years old, the ace of the staff, and he's making $540,000. There is absolutely nothing to think about.

just-blaze
06-26-08, 01:10 AM
I would give up Hughes, Cano, and other premium prospects for him.......yet still get laughed at by Seattle.

And I would understand it.

Not happening folks. Seattle is gauging what they will get for him and I guarantee you its not enough.