PDA

View Full Version : Some Bullpen!

dougj1
06-23-08, 03:11 AM
Is it any wonder Yanks havn't won a WS in years? How in the world can you have a pen with;Traber, ERA 5.59-----Ohlendorf ERA 5.54----Hawkins ERA 5.46 , and of course the great Farnsworth. Gee, we've only seen 14 guys coming out of the pen so far this season...Will Cashman ever get it right?

BennyTheJetRodriguez
06-23-08, 03:20 AM
Is it any wonder Yanks havn't won a WS in years? How in the world can you have a pen with;Traber, ERA 5.59-----Ohlendorf ERA 5.54----Hawkins ERA 5.46 , and of course the great Farnsworth. Gee, we've only seen 14 guys coming out of the pen so far this season...Will Cashman ever get it right?
Veras, era 3.38------Ramirez era 2.86------Geise era 0.64------Albaladejo era 3.95-----Bruney era 1.59-----Rasner era 3.64-----Britton era 1.29

It isn't Cashman's fault so many people got hurt. Ohlendorf and Traber wouldn't be anywhere near this team if many of the above, not to mention J.B. Cox, were healthy, or if we had a healthy starting 5 so Rasner and or Geise wouldn't have to start.

Starting pitching has been the reason the Yankees haven't won anything in years.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
06-23-08, 03:21 AM
PS there is a Bullpen thread already

machphantom
06-23-08, 03:59 AM
I can't wait to see Robertson... perhaps he is finally the elusive piece to the puzzle we've been waiting for

BillBuckner
06-23-08, 07:09 AM
Yes it's all Cashman's fault. What in the world has this guy ever done right? What a worthless person. FIRE HIM Hank, and make all the decisions yourself!

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-23-08, 08:10 AM
The three names you mentioned should not be with the team, I don't know what Cash/Girardi is still doing with them. We have better options.

ksison
06-23-08, 09:57 AM
our bullpen this year so far is much better than last year's, or the year prior

hardrain
06-23-08, 10:02 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/21/33814183_bc322c7343.jpg

jeterlove
06-23-08, 10:07 AM
The idea of this bullpen in a playoff game is terrifying.

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-23-08, 10:09 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/21/33814183_bc322c7343.jpg

:lol: :roflmao:

Mr. Mxylsplk
06-23-08, 10:43 AM
The yanks' bullpen ERA is 9th best in the majors, 6th best in the AL. The bullpen whip is 5th overall, 4th in the AL. There are some guys who aren't doing the job, but overall the front office has done a decent job getting it right.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-23-08, 11:35 AM

But, think about this it probably won't be the same bullpen. Remember we got quite a few young pitchers in the minors who I believe will be ready to perform by then. Our bullpen hasn't really been that bad. And aside from trading for a reliever there's really nothing we can do except hope the minor leaugers can step up and make our bullpen better at some point.

Hellsing
06-23-08, 11:36 AM

The idea of a man on 1st and 3rd with 1 out and Jeter at the plate is terrifying. NO CAPTAIN! NOT ANOTHER GIDP!

Cheesyhoboe
06-23-08, 11:40 AM
The yanks' bullpen ERA is 9th best in the majors, 6th best in the AL. The bullpen whip is 5th overall, 4th in the AL. There are some guys who aren't doing the job, but overall the front office has done a decent job getting it right.

The bullpen is also leading the MLB in Ks. I dont see how you can say the bullpen is terrible. I believe the bullpen ERA over the last 2-3 weeks has been under 2. There have only been maybe 3 or 4 games where the bullpen blew the game this year. Do you remember last year? Now THAT was a bad bullpen. Our bullpen is already decent enough and as Cashman makes more moves in the course of the season it's only going to get better with the additions of Cox, Robertson, Melancon and the returns of Bruney and Albaladejo.

JohnnyDamonfan
06-23-08, 12:16 PM
The bullpen is also leading the MLB in Ks. I dont see how you can say the bullpen is terrible. I believe the bullpen ERA over the last 2-3 weeks has been under 2. There have only been maybe 3 or 4 games where the bullpen blew the game this year. Do you remember last year? Now THAT was a bad bullpen. Our bullpen is already decent enough and as Cashman makes more moves in the course of the season it's only going to get better with the additions of Cox, Robertson, Melancon and the returns of Bruney and Albaladejo.

Yeah we've just got a few guys in our bullpen that aren't doing what they're supposed to for example... Veras Ohlendorf and Hawkins. But, we've got quite a few people we could bring up. Our bullpen is only going to get better.

knickfan23
06-23-08, 12:18 PM
But, think about this it probably won't be the same bullpen. Remember we got quite a few young pitchers in the minors who I believe will be ready to perform by then. Our bullpen hasn't really been that bad. And aside from trading for a reliever there's really nothing we can do except hope the minor leaugers can step up and make our bullpen better at some point.

JDFan, I'm going to take a guess at what they are trying to say here.

What I think is being alluded is that if you are playing a "big game" later on or in a playoff series, who are the 2 or 3 guys that you want to go to battle with to get those 6 outs needed to get to Rivera to win this thing.

As well as the pen is doing this year, you would probably get various answers on who you would choose. This gets magnified when you ask the following question:

Do you trust Kyle Farnsworth to get three outs in the 8th inning of a "big game"?

I dont know what the poll results would be on that. So on the whole, all the guys are chipping in and doing a good job. But you have to shorten the amount of bullpen guys and only use a select few, it becomes a little more tricky.

Hopefully, I cleared up his comment.

EvanJ
06-23-08, 12:20 PM
Our bullpen is already decent enough and as Cashman makes more moves in the course of the season it's only going to get better with the additions of Cox, Robertson, Melancon and the returns of Bruney and Albaladejo.

Peter Abraham said Albaladejo is out for the season.

Cheesyhoboe
06-23-08, 12:22 PM
For one thing, Farnsworth is not our 2nd best or even 3rd best reliever right now. Those would be Edwar and Veras. He's likely going to be pushed out of the top 5 down the line when we start calling up minor leaguers and the injured guys come off the DL. We have a whole season to sort this out. And if we're in a major playoff game with the series on the line Rivera would probably come out for 2 innings, anyway.

JL25and3
06-23-08, 01:22 PM
The idea of this bullpen in a playoff game is terrifying.I'd sign right now to see this bullpen in a playoff game. That would mean the Yankees were in the playoffs, which is far from a sure thing.

fellows
06-23-08, 01:44 PM

Last year they had Chamberlain and Rivera. How did that go?

apalradio
06-23-08, 06:42 PM
It's far from perfect, but we've had better work from the pen this season than the last few years. I'm more concerned about our rotation. Scotch tape and bubblegum can only hold up for so long.

just-blaze
06-23-08, 08:10 PM
Yeah we've just got a few guys in our bullpen that aren't doing what they're supposed to for example... Veras Ohlendorf and Hawkins. But, we've got quite a few people we could bring up. Our bullpen is only going to get better.

One of these things doesnt belong.....

Veras has been great.

NYYFAN
06-23-08, 09:38 PM
Every bullpen has some crap. Its the total amout of crap that counts. I like our pen so far...

effdamets
06-24-08, 11:40 AM
Every bullpen has some crap. Its the total amout of crap that counts. I like our pen so far...
To take it a step further, you kinda need crap in your pen. When your team is getting hammered, you don't want to use your best relievers. Bring on the mop up guys to save the rest of the good arms!

sjb23
06-28-08, 07:17 AM
I expect a stronger bullpen in the second half. I have been an advocate of obtaining Domaso Marte from the Pirates in exchange for Horne and a B-level pitching prospect. (Pick from a pool of Marquez/Rasner/Ohlendorf/Igawa/Karstens). Frankly, I don't care if the Yanks overpay a little for him -- I think he might be worth it. Marte's pitched in the AL before, is a lefty, and should be dependable. He might be the stabilizing force the bullpen needs.

Hawkins should be released -- he's better off in a weaker division, probably in the NL. With Bruney hopefully coming back after the All-Star break, we'd be looking at a nucleus of Rivera,Farnsworth,Marte,Veras,Bruney, and Ramirez, with a spot open for a long reliever.

Let Ponson,Kennedy and Hughes (along with any other acquisitions) duke it out for the two spots in the rotation, and the leftover guy fills the long reliever's role.

B.A.
06-28-08, 10:16 AM
I expect a stronger bullpen in the second half. I have been an advocate of obtaining Domaso Marte from the Pirates in exchange for Horne and a B-level pitching prospect. (Pick from a pool of Marquez/Rasner/Ohlendorf/Igawa/Karstens). Frankly, I don't care if the Yanks overpay a little for him -- I think he might be worth it. Marte's pitched in the AL before, is a lefty, and should be dependable. He might be the stabilizing force the bullpen needs.

Hawkins should be released -- he's better off in a weaker division, probably in the NL. With Bruney hopefully coming back after the All-Star break, we'd be looking at a nucleus of Rivera,Farnsworth,Marte,Veras,Bruney, and Ramirez, with a spot open for a long reliever.

Let Ponson,Kennedy and Hughes (along with any other acquisitions) duke it out for the two spots in the rotation, and the leftover guy fills the long reliever's role.

At this point, Ramirez scares the heck out of me.

Jonny
06-28-08, 10:20 AM
Horne is far too much to give up for a reliever.

Have some patience. The kids are almost ready and we may even see Robertson tomorrow.

dont_ya_know24
06-28-08, 11:10 AM
1/2 year of marte + 2 first round draft picks >>>>> horne and B pitching prospect......

genius-24
06-29-08, 01:08 AM
After having a lead after 6th inning, Yanks are 36-1.

yank4life2005
06-29-08, 10:08 AM
Pirates do like Ohlendorf until he got lit up against the Mets.

genius-24
06-29-08, 02:27 PM
I don't like jumping off the ship like many of u do. It takes time to develop most players. Not everyone is Joba.

BroadwayBomber55
06-29-08, 02:34 PM

And you're doing a "reach" thread.

Some guys got the job done, some don't.

Oh BTW, :-padlock- :-padlock- this thread.