PDA

View Full Version : Baseball is just fantastic

Yankee-1
06-05-08, 06:55 PM
Games can turn on the littlest of things.

Take todays game for example,

If Posada doesn't walk in the 8th, Duncan doesn't PR for him. And Molina doesn't come in to catch in the 9th.
And Gimabi doesn't PH for him. But that is what happened and well GAME WINING HR IS THE RESULT.

If Posada stays in the game then Giambi doesn't PH as maybe we don't get the same result.

Boy I love baseball

Yankee-1

cid
06-05-08, 07:16 PM
booyah

NYIndian2005
06-05-08, 07:34 PM
Games can turn on the littlest of things.

Take todays game for example,

If Posada doesn't walk in the 8th, Duncan doesn't PR for him. And Molina doesn't come in to catch in the 9th.
And Gimabi doesn't PH for him. But that is what happened and well GAME WINING HR IS THE RESULT.

If Posada stays in the game then Giambi doesn't PH as maybe we don't get the same result.

Boy I love baseball

Yankee-1

Isn't this the case with anything in life? What does it have to do with baseball? Everything in life is a result of some thing that happened before it.

gnettles9
06-05-08, 09:49 PM
I think you are right.The sport is not played with a clock.You have to get 27 outs.

LDG
06-05-08, 09:52 PM
I think baseball is fantastic, too.

How I can KNOW that Giambi is going to hit that homerun while watching YES Encore, yet STILL well up when he leaps into the team waiting for him at the plate is, well, fantastic.

Yankee Tripper
06-05-08, 09:55 PM
I love this game!

groovitude
06-05-08, 10:24 PM
I think you are right.The sport is not played with a clock.You have to get 27 outs.
This reminds me of what is probably my all-time favorite baseball quote...

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the God-damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -- Earl Weaver.

BRNXBMRS
06-06-08, 07:33 AM
Thats why we watch them, for moments like yesterday.