PDA

View Full Version : JB Cox

BRONXBOMBERS06
06-01-08, 06:47 PM
I see JB Cox has nice numbers at SWB, he ready to setup for Mo ?

bmxstreetrider86
06-01-08, 06:55 PM
I see JB Cox has nice numbers at SWB, he ready to setup for Mo ?

why does everyone think that cox is gonna set up for mo this year

why not have the guy who has given up 1 run this year and didnt have surgery last year get a shot first

fellows
06-01-08, 06:59 PM

why not have the guy who has given up 1 run this year and didnt have surgery last year get a shot first

Britton or Edwar?

Yankees1962
06-01-08, 07:05 PM
Britton or Edwar?
Edwar is his obsession.;)

AcidLake
06-01-08, 07:07 PM
Why not see how this guy work out in MLB first and make a comment like that

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-01-08, 07:07 PM
Edwar's changeup looked different in his last start.

bmxstreetrider86
06-01-08, 07:09 PM
Britton or Edwar?

haha, edwar

Prison Mike
06-01-08, 07:17 PM
Cox only has 8 innings in AAA and has a K/BB ratio of 4:2. He needs more time.

THEBOSS84
06-01-08, 07:41 PM
Edwar's changeup looked different in his last start.

I agree, and by different I mean worse.

Yankees47
06-01-08, 08:49 PM

Agreed that Edwar should receive more important innings over his next few outings and that Cox does indeed need about another month in Scranton but I have seen Cox pitch both in the Minors and in College and this guy reminds me of Jeff Nelson, he has that type of slider

ppa79
06-01-08, 08:51 PM
Agreed that Edwar should receive more important innings over his next few outings and that Cox does indeed need about another month in Scranton but I have seen Cox pitch both in the Minors and in College and this guy reminds me of Jeff Nelson, he has that type of slider

I've heard the same thing.

metalboy15
06-01-08, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_smL-JTJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE3iAIPy8Q

Yankees47
06-01-08, 08:58 PM
I dont feel the Yankees "need" ONE guy that handles the 8th inning at all times. Sure we had that in Joba, but having a pitcher with the abilities of a Joba Chamberlain in the 8th inning is extremely rare. I believe in having two or three pitchers outside of your closer who can pitch in important spots out of the bullpen because many times, especially in the playoffs, games are won and lost in the 6th, 7th innings as well.

just-blaze
06-02-08, 01:04 AM
His K rates concern me a little....

BRNXBMRS
06-02-08, 10:27 AM
Lets see what Cox can do, we have been talking about him for years.

yankeebot
06-02-08, 10:32 AM
I dont feel the Yankees "need" ONE guy that handles the 8th inning at all times. Sure we had that in Joba, but having a pitcher with the abilities of a Joba Chamberlain in the 8th inning is extremely rare. I believe in having two or three pitchers outside of your closer who can pitch in important spots out of the bullpen because many times, especially in the playoffs, games are won and lost in the 6th, 7th innings as well. Your keyboard to Girardi's ears. I'd much prefer "set-up guy by committee" and pitch to the situation. Use matchups and any other consideration that gives you the best chance to win. Let the closer be the only defined bullpen role.

Yankee Fan in Boston
06-02-08, 10:34 AM
Lets see what Cox can do, we have been talking about him for years.

Yes, and he'll probably be up later this year. But not likely as the 8th inning guy right off the bat.

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-02-08, 10:52 AM
Your keyboard to Girardi's ears. I'd much prefer "set-up guy by committee" and pitch to the situation. Use matchups and any other consideration that gives you the best chance to win. Let the closer be the only defined bullpen role.

I actually watched the Joe Girardi show. (Please don't make fun of me) A question was asked what to is Joe going to do with the 8th innings, and if Farnsworth is his 8th inning guy, and he said he was, but he also said he is going to "mix and match."

Yankees47
06-02-08, 11:52 AM
I actually watched the Joe Girardi show. (Please don't make fun of me) A question was asked what to is Joe going to do with the 8th innings, and if Farnsworth is his 8th inning guy, and he said he was, but he also said he is going to "mix and match."

Nice yah I dont get the show its out of my area, but I really like the way Joe has handled the pen this year compared to how Torre had over the past few years. I cant see LaTroy Hawkins being on this team July 4

BRNXBMRS
06-02-08, 12:23 PM
Yes, and he'll probably be up later this year. But not likely as the 8th inning guy right off the bat.

No question, the Yanks will get his feet wet before they throw him in the fire. I hope he gets a chance soon.

Yankee Fan in Boston
06-02-08, 05:29 PM
No question, the Yanks will get his feet wet before they throw him in the fire. I hope he gets a chance soon.

He hasn't been at AAA that long. Wouldn't surprise me if it was after the All-Star break, barring additional injuries.