PDA

View Full Version : Erick Threets (LHP) May Be Available

Yankee Tripper
05-30-08, 11:47 AM
Erick Threets is a hard throwing, high 90s, oft injured relief pitcher for the Giants. His rehab ends and the Giants have a roster crunch. Threets is also out of options. Would he be a good fit for our pen whihch has been without a lefty most of the year?

I don't know much about him beyond what I've already said.

His availablitly comes from MLB trade rumors.

Prison Mike
05-30-08, 11:52 AM
Depends who we have to give up for him- but his K/BB ratio is real ugly. Unless they'd take a nobody like Wordkemper, I'm not interested. Looks like Sean Henn Part Deux to me.

THEBOSS84
05-30-08, 12:06 PM
Isn't this the guy that used to throw 100 mph?

Yankee Tripper
05-30-08, 12:06 PM
Depends who we have to give up for him- but his K/BB ratio is real ugly. Unless they'd take a nobody like Wordkemper, I'm not interested. Looks like Sean Henn Part Deux to me.Kind of what I was thinking a relative nobody and see if Threets catches on. Some of the wildness may have been due to injury/youth. He's had all kinds of injury problems but yeah he may be Henn part Deux as you so eloquently put it. At any rate I thought he might be worth a flier on the cheap and if he catches on as our lefty great if not no big deal.

Though now that you mention it and look at his cube, his BB rate aren't bad they are horrific. Probbaly a pass. Oh well worth a thought.

yankeeman61
05-30-08, 04:58 PM
I don't want anyone on the Yankees whose name when verbalized makes you sound like you have a lisp.

Ynkcpt23
05-30-08, 05:00 PM
I don't want anyone on the Yankees whose name when verbalized makes you sound like you have a lisp.

:lol: There are worse things, you know!

CallOfTheCrow
05-30-08, 05:38 PM
I didn't know this was a real guy. I just thought you were really drunk & meant to write out Ben Sheets.

Michaels07
05-30-08, 05:44 PM
I would make the trade, even up for Igawa

ARoDfan4life
06-01-08, 01:49 AM
how the hell did I miss this ? ofcourse I'd try to get him, now he's coming back from rehab

Threets has a fastball that tops out at 96 mph he use to be able to top out at 104 :(
he also has a slider 80 - 83 mph and a change up that is 76-79 mph. High risk, higer rewards if he pans out. Think Oli Perez and if he learns to throw strikes can turn into a cheap Marte.

-tz
06-01-08, 08:51 PM
Let's wait for his cousin Erick Fourts to be available! :P

ARoDfan4life
06-01-08, 10:21 PM
Let's wait for his cousin Erick Fourts to be available! :P

Threets is getting moved somewhere this week, he's out of options if I'm Cash I'm peeking in the corner somewhere.

ARoDfan4life
06-02-08, 01:12 PM
someone tell me why we can't get this guy ? I mean SF wants to move him, he had an abdominal strain pitching early in the year and has a bit of location problem, but if Shelley Duncan or how about Jeff Karstens can land me this guy please do it.

LHP 96 mph (legit) fastball, he also has a change up, slider combo...don't let this turn out to be a gem for someone else.

ARoDfan4life
06-03-08, 12:43 AM
ERICK THREETS DFA

The Giants have 10 days to trade Threets, waive him or send him back to the Minor Leagues if he clears waivers. Given the interest in Threets among other teams earlier in the season, another club is likely to claim him if hes waived.

Giants.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080602&content_id=2827227&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf&partnered=rss_sf)

DiMaggio5CF
06-03-08, 12:55 AM
ERICK THREETS DFA

Giants.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080602&content_id=2827227&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf&partnered=rss_sf)

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080602&content_id=2827227&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf&partnered=rss_sf

That's actually a bad thing for the Yankees. IIRC, he has to pass through every team in the NL and then every team with a worse record in the AL for the Yankees to get him from the waiver wire. If there is legit interest, he probably won't make it that far, and there's little time to work out a trade.

ARoDfan4life
06-03-08, 12:58 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080602&content_id=2827227&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf&partnered=rss_sf

That's actually a bad thing for the Yankees. IIRC, he has to pass through every team in the NL and then every team with a worse record in the AL for the Yankees to get him from the waiver wire. If there is legit interest, he probably won't make it that far, and there's little time to work out a trade.

Cashman is a fool if he lets this guy slip, I mean heck give them Shelley Duncan or Cody Ransom or even Jason Lane...don't let this guy go through waivers he won't fall to us.

Yankee Tripper
06-03-08, 11:10 AM
Cashman is a fool if he lets this guy slip, I mean heck give them Shelley Duncan or Cody Ransom or even Jason Lane...don't let this guy go through waivers he won't fall to us.The giants would have zero interest in any of those 3 guys.

ARoDfan4life
06-03-08, 11:27 AM
The giants would have zero interest in any of those 3 guys.

not true he was DFA because they couldn't make a deal, right now teams may be waiting for him to go on waivers so if the Giants recieve a part time player who can help them they would do it rather than have Threets go for nothing. The reason I said Ransom, Shelley or Lane is because Shelley and Ransom have options meaning they can get sent back down in thier minors and Lane might be a viable hitter for thier team.

Yankee Tripper
06-03-08, 11:38 AM
not true he was DFA because they couldn't make a deal, right now teams may be waiting for him to go on waivers so if the Giants recieve a part time player who can help them they would do it rather than have Threets go for nothing. The reason I said Ransom, Shelley or Lane is because Shelley and Ransom have options meaning they can get sent back down in thier minors and Lane might be a viable hitter for thier team.
As bad as they are they have better opitions than Shelly @ 1B & OF.

They have a crowed OF and no use for Lane.

Ransom might have some value as utility IF.

Also Threets was DFA'd becuase they needed a 40-man roster spot, unless the player coming back is clearly better than someone on their 40-man they will have the same problem. In all honesty I think the Giants would be more likely to deal him for some relatively unknown MiLB player who is probably in A or AA ball right now and not on a 40-man roster or they will just let the oft injured Threets walk.

ARoDfan4life
06-03-08, 11:50 AM
As bad as they are they have better opitions than Shelly @ 1B & OF.

They have a crowed OF and no use for Lane.

Ransom might have some value as utility IF.

Also Threets was DFA'd becuase they needed a 40-man roster spot, unless the player coming back is clearly better than someone on their 40-man they will have the same problem. In all honesty I think the Giants would be more likely to deal him for some relatively unknown MiLB player who is probably in A or AA ball right now and not on a 40-man roster or they will just let the oft injured Threets walk.

if there is a player that can help them offensively now they'd take it, but if there is someone w/ options they'd also take it, the point is he is DFA w/ a 10 day trade time limit.

ARoDfan4life
06-07-08, 05:44 PM
4 more days .... :D

ARoDfan4life
06-11-08, 01:13 AM
Now available for a minor league contract

Hellsing
06-11-08, 04:15 PM
What's going on with this? No way the Yankees can let this guy slide to someone else. Sign him up. Take this guy on and see what kind of shape his arm is in.

ARoDfan4life
06-11-08, 10:17 PM
What's going on with this? No way the Yankees can let this guy slide to someone else. Sign him up. Take this guy on and see what kind of shape his arm is in.

Mechanics is his issue, but I'm pretty sure if he accepts a minor league contract we can take a shot at fixing him.

Prison Mike
06-11-08, 10:17 PM
I'd much rather have Ledezma.

ARoDfan4life
06-12-08, 12:23 AM
Threets remains in Giants organization
Left-hander clears waivers, sent to Triple-A Fresno

By Chris Haft / MLB.com

DENVER -- Retaining some left-handed bullpen depth in the organization, the Giants announced Wednesday that Erick Threets had cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Fresno.

SFGiants.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080611&content_id=2894561&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Unbelieveable not even a minor league assignment offer, how the hell do you let a LHP w/ his arsenal clear waivers. This just reeks of sleeping on the job.

Briefly: The Giants long feared losing left-hander Erick Threets if they tried to sneak him through waivers. They finally waived him this week and he went unclaimed, so he will remain with the organization and pitch for Triple-A Fresno. ...
SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL CASHMAN AND CO. Mods close this baby.

vin777b
06-12-08, 10:21 AM
then there were 28 other teams asleep at the wheel as well.

Yankee Tripper
06-12-08, 10:48 AM
Unbelieveable not even a minor league assignment offer, how the hell do you let a LHP w/ his arsenal clear waivers. This just reeks of sleeping on the job.

SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL CASHMAN AND CO. Mods close this baby.
That's not how waivers work. If the Yanks claimed him off of waivers he would have had to go on the 25 man active roster since he is (was) out of options and would have needed to be DFA'd and clear waiver for the team that claimed him before he could have been sent to the minors. Now that he has cleared waivers the Giants can send him to the minors and can shuttle him back and forth from Fresno to SF for the rest of the year.