PDA

View Full Version : Melancon / Cox

Abe Frohman
05-28-08, 03:37 PM
when are we gonna see these kids get called up ? are we going to have to wait till

august like with Joba and watch La'Hawk and his cronies blow a ka-trillion more

games ? Im sure they have innings caps but this is strictly bullpen work. we need

quality arms in the pen. The removal of Joba killed our " 7 inning games " threat. If

one or both of these kids could come up and contribute it would really take some

pressure of this pen. I know that in a few years if some of these kids pan out we will

be a force to be reckoned with on all fronts but what about 2008 ? this experiment

with Joba and no significant reinforcements last offseason or available this trade

deadline does not bode well for this year. LOL Javy ...

JavyVazquezIsSick
05-28-08, 03:39 PM
You make

my balls

hurt

when you

write like this.

THEBOSS84
05-28-08, 03:39 PM
You make

my balls

hurt

when you

write like this.

Hahaha

mgpenguin
05-28-08, 03:43 PM
I understand we're up in arms about Hawkins and everything, but I don't get the lust over these prospects and why they should be called up early. Melancon has logged 11 innings in AA; Cox has 7 innings in AAA. Give them more time before tossing them into the fire.

yankeeman61
05-28-08, 05:26 PM
You make

my balls

hurt

when you

write like this.

If you're going to be critical, at least have proper use of then/than in your sig and avatar heading. Misused words can also make one's balls hurt.

It's "Calmer than you" and "Cashman is smarter than you"

PeppermintPatty
05-28-08, 05:29 PM
Too early to bring them up. At least wait another month.

Prison Mike
05-28-08, 08:00 PM
Melancon has said that his velocity and stuff isn't where he wants it right now. I'd be suprised to see him before September, but the Yanks might push him in August.

wang+cano=future
05-28-08, 08:27 PM
Too early to bring them up. At least wait another month.

Yeah they need more time in the minors. Melancon is only in AA and still getting his velocity back and Cox is doing well in AAA but could still use more innings before a call up to the Bronx. I would say guys like Robertson (if he can cut down his walks) and possibly White are also candidates for bullpen call-ups.

primetime714
05-28-08, 08:49 PM
Melancon has said that his velocity and stuff isn't where he wants it right now. I'd be suprised to see him before September, but the Yanks might push him in August.

Yea he's still at least month away from getting promoted to AAA and that's if things continue to go right for him in AA.

NHYank
05-28-08, 10:07 PM
Let's keep bringing up the young arms. We already have 2 on the DL and one ready to go back to Scranton.

just-blaze
05-29-08, 01:29 AM

Id be suprised if he wasnt called up before August...

He has been lights out for most of the year and that's without his "velocity"

He's already logged 11 innings as a reliever in AA and its not even June yet.

If I were to guess, late July early August.

PinstripePride
05-29-08, 01:46 AM
Let's keep bringing up the young arms. We already have 2 on the DL and one ready to go back to Scranton.

And what do you propose as an alternative? Keep throwing Hawk out there to get eaten alive?

BRNXBMRS
05-29-08, 07:35 AM
McCuthcen will come up before these guys.

sweet_lou_14
05-29-08, 09:37 AM
If you're going to be critical, at least have proper use of then/than in your sig and avatar heading. Misused words can also make one's balls hurt.

It's "Calmer than you" and "Cashman is smarter than you"

I believe it's also "Javy Vazquez could have been sick."

NelsonMuntz
05-29-08, 11:16 AM
If I was clever enough
I would start making
All of my posts in
Iambic pentameter

mbn007
05-29-08, 11:37 AM
I believe you will see the reinforcements from the Minors come up starting in July, maybe late June. Probably Cox/White will be the first ones, with Melancon following in August. Maybe Patterson gets a shot also. Not sure about Cutch, as he is still in a starter's mode in the Minors.

I think the Yankee brass will come to their senses soon and let Ohlendorf be a 1 inning pitcher. He has had excellent results in his first inning of outings, but not so good when going past that. Ramirez still has to be in the mix, as he is still unscored upon for 2008, both in AAA and NY. Hawkins, IMO, will be gone before Te All Star break. Britton, I believe will finally get a real shot here, possibly as a 2 inning guy.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
05-29-08, 03:16 PM
When they are ready, they are ready. I'll never get the whole philosophy that prospects need more time for the sake of needing more time. Thats what people said about Joba last year. When you're ready you're ready.

primetime714
05-29-08, 03:22 PM
When they are ready, they are ready. I'll never get the whole philosophy that prospects need more time for the sake of needing more time. Thats what people said about Joba last year. When you're ready you're ready.

True. The reason for caution though is that something you can't be sure when a player is ready and how they will respond to the challenge. But yea you use your best judgement and trust the people that watch these guys on a daily basis.

nnysiny
05-29-08, 07:43 PM
If I was clever enough
I would start making
All of my posts in
Iambic pentameter
:lol:

MattUNC2003
05-29-08, 10:44 PM
If I was clever enough
I would start making
All of my posts in
Iambic pentameter

I hear you ask, "When is Cox to arrive?"
It's sooner than Pavano could ever dare.

Count 'em, that's five sets of iambs per line. Move over Shakespeare, iambic pentameter is my beeyiotch.

Man, I knew suffering through AP English III and IV junior and senior year, respectively, of high school would pay off one day.

yankeebot
05-30-08, 07:32 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyinside305707425may30,0,5877700.story?page=2&track=rss

It's unreasonable to expect anyone to match Chamberlain, but Cox has a better chance of reaching the majors this year. "He's a little farther along in terms of being able to execute his pitches," Yankees senior vice president of baseball operations Mark Newman said by phone yesterday. "Some chance of Cox [debuting this year], not much chance of Melancon. He's still got to execute some pitches a little bit better."

BRNXBMRS
05-30-08, 07:55 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyinside305707425may30,0,5877700.story?page=2&track=rss

Bring him up, how many more chances is Hawkins going to get.

R.V.47
05-30-08, 08:20 AM

Sounds like a possible September call up.

Yankees47
06-01-08, 10:13 PM
You make

my balls

hurt

when you

write like this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALarious

NYYRules#1
06-01-08, 10:23 PM
If I was clever enough
I would start making
All of my posts in
Iambic pentameter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Random fact - "iambic pentameter" actually isn't in iambic pentameter, although a lot of people think it is. The "bic" and "pen" are both unstressed, as are the "me" and "ter." I actually once put it in a poem in iambic pentameter and my English teacher said it didn't work, so ever since then its lack of "iambic pentameter"-ness been stuck in my head. Pretty ironic that it comes so close to being in the form which it defines, but actually isn't.)