PDA

View Full Version : Damon on the block?

yank4life2005
05-18-08, 07:47 AM
Buster Olney said that the Yankees have agreed internally to trade Damon.

NY has to eat the bulk of his deal and unload him before it is too late.

gdn
05-18-08, 08:01 AM
Oh I hope so.

Tabata
05-18-08, 08:02 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Macklew
05-18-08, 08:11 AM

How about with the Red Sox, Damon for Manny straight up? http://forums.nyyfans.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

montrealer
05-18-08, 08:15 AM
Who wants a overpaid ,bad-arm outfielder that had thoughts of retirement because of nagging injuries.It is what it is.........

yankeeman61
05-18-08, 08:20 AM
GO, Johnny GO GO!!! GO, Johnny GO GO!!! Johnny B Gone

Prison Mike
05-18-08, 08:23 AM
He has some value- especially if we eat a lot of his salary.

I'm all for it- this team needs a shake up.

Yankyfan
05-18-08, 08:27 AM
Ill believe it when i see it happen ! They were trading Matsui and Igawa but nothing happened there either. when it comes down too it they make way to much money to be moved for something of worth.

Prison Mike
05-18-08, 08:29 AM
Cashman has proved to be very creative in the past- maybe he packages a youngster with Damon for something of value.

yank4life2005
05-18-08, 08:29 AM
I can see SD being interested and they were interested in Igawa last trade deadline.

Toaderly
05-18-08, 08:33 AM
Hideki Matsui and Johnny Damon. No way, no how. Then again, Phillies fans are probably saying the same about Howard. The Yanks stagnant offense figures to improve once A-Rod returns next week and Jorge Posada gets back behind the dish next month. But Matsui leads the team in average, OBP, and slugging, while Damon is second in OBP. Unless the Yanks fall out of contention, there's no way they're trading these guys. Even so, they're a pair of 34-year-old outfielders making $13 million a season, with 2009 guaranteed. There's no way a team will offer anything close to equal value.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/05/buster-olney-dr.html

The Q Bomb
05-18-08, 08:40 AM

NY has to eat the bulk of his deal and unload him before it is too late. Is this the last year of Damon's deal? If so, I don't think it makes sense to trade him. He does add some value to the team, unlike Giambi right now.

nnysiny
05-18-08, 08:41 AM
Damon is next to untradable. i dont see this happening. who would want him, anyway? he cant play CF and his bat isnt good enough for LF/RF/DH

Toaderly
05-18-08, 08:42 AM
Is this the last year of Damon's deal? If so, I don't think it makes sense to trade him. He does add some value to the team, unlike Giambi right now.

He's signed through 2009.

Johnny Damon of
4 years/$52M (2006-09)

signed as a free agent 12/05
06-09:$13M/year

partial no-trade clausehttp://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/new-york-yankees_111398168678860040.html[/SIZE]

smckdwn989
05-18-08, 08:58 AM

i'll believe it when I see it. link?

Yankyfan
05-18-08, 08:59 AM
Damon is next to untradable. i dont see this happening. who would want him, anyway? he cant play CF and his bat isnt good enough for LF/RF/DH Agreed . Untradable for anything of worth.

Yankyfan
05-18-08, 09:03 AM
How about this one Igawa,Damon,Hawkins and Giambi for Zito.

apalradio
05-18-08, 09:19 AM
Agreed . Untradable for anything of worth.How do we know he's untradeable? We're going to eat a bunch of his money anyway, he is still a capable lead off guy in spite of the way he's been drinking the Yankee lethargy kool-aid, and he might just work as part of some package deal. Maybe not, but why not float the idea around?

montrealer
05-18-08, 09:25 AM
Find .......trade him.....but please don`t expect to get anything in return to the point it will turn this team around................You`ll just be trading 2 nickels for a dime and still have a warm body on the bench.

apalradio
05-18-08, 09:52 AM
Find .......trade him.....but please don`t expect to get anything in return to the point it will turn this team around................You`ll just be trading 2 nickels for a dime and still have a warm body on the bench.A dime is lighter in the pocket while retaining the same value. http://forums.nyyfans.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Yankyfan
05-18-08, 10:22 AM
How do we know he's untradeable? We're going to eat a bunch of his money anyway, he is still a capable lead off guy in spite of the way he's been drinking the Yankee lethargy kool-aid, and he might just work as part of some package deal. Maybe not, but why not float the idea around? JMO thats all but as it was said it will be hard to get value back on him. I hope i'm wrong but i fear i not.I think it will be contract dump or a problem for problem type deal.

THEBOSS84
05-18-08, 10:30 AM
This is great news. There are teams that would trade for him. Damon plus $5M and he's suddenly attractive.

Him or Matsui need to go.

jjc1977
05-18-08, 10:45 AM
damon's throw from left yesterday was horrible. not sure anyone esle would have made it close but it was just a patheic throw.....opponents are mad aggressive with him out there. yanks all around just look flat....there's no other way to put it

THEBOSS84
05-18-08, 10:46 AM
Where did Olney say this? On the radio? It wasn't in his blog from today.

ShaneTravis
05-18-08, 11:29 AM
This is great news. There are teams that would trade for him. Damon plus $5M and he's suddenly attractive.

Him or Matsui need to go.

My man, you need to stop trying to push Matsui out the door. He is the team's best hitter.

I agree that if we eat 5-7 million on Damon teams will trade for him and still cough up something of value. But, we would have to live with Matsui in field.

Don't know I would do that unless Gardner is promoted.

THEBOSS84
05-18-08, 11:34 AM
My man, you need to stop trying to push Matsui out the door. He is the team's best hitter.

I agree that if we eat 5-7 million on Damon teams will trade for him and still cough up something of value. But, we would have to live with Matsui in field.

Don't know I would do that unless Gardner is promoted.

Damn, I didn't want to become known as a basher of any one specific player, but I am having trouble with having both of these guys on our roster. I know that they both lead the team in OPS or are close to it, but when I say I want to trade them, it has nothing to do with 2008. Future reasons only.

YankeesAce4Life
05-18-08, 11:38 AM
Damn, I didn't want to become known as a basher of any one specific player, but I am having trouble with having both of these guys on our roster. I know that they both lead the team in OPS or are close to it, but when I say I want to trade them, it has nothing to do with 2008. Future reasons only.

The Yankees can't trade Matsui...the guy has shown that he can hit and hit pretty well. If he's traded, who will replace his production?

THEBOSS84
05-18-08, 11:41 AM
The Yankees can't trade Matsui...the guy has shown that he can hit and hit pretty well. If he's traded, who will replace his production?

I might be delusional but I see all the players playing up to their expectations when all is said and done. If that happens, Matsui isn't really that necessary.

YankeesAce4Life
05-18-08, 11:44 AM
I might be delusional but I see all the players playing up to their expectations when all is said and done. If that happens, Matsui isn't really that necessary.

I must be delusional as well and I see all the players doing what they should be doing...but Matsui should be part of the team. You can't just throw away 100rbi's.

You want to know what isn't that necessary? Morgan Ensberg or Shelley Duncan. They are hurting the team. :o

ShaneTravis
05-18-08, 11:56 AM
I can see SD being interested and they were interested in Igawa last trade deadline.

If they want to replace Gerut I could see that. Big park, little arm though.

You know what would make sense? Cubs.

Johnson,Pie and now Edmonds. They have gotten nothing out of center field production wise. Damon would fit in Wrigley much better.

Chopped Matsui
05-18-08, 12:36 PM

Johnson,Pie and now Edmonds. They have gotten nothing out of center field production wise. Damon would fit in Wrigley much better.
Agreed, I could see the Cubs being interested. I would rather just take nothing and let the Cubs pay his salary; they don't have anything of worth in their farm.

YanksFan1992
05-18-08, 12:39 PM
Damon has been a good player for us but I agree that it is time to cut ties.

Here are our options to replace him though:

-put Duncan in the outfield part-time
-put Matsui in the outfield full time
-Call up someone from the minors
-Trade for someone such as Holliday

27IsNext
05-18-08, 12:39 PM
Wait, where/when did Olney say this?

ShaneTravis
05-18-08, 12:50 PM
Agreed, I could see the Cubs being interested. I would rather just take nothing and let the Cubs pay his salary; they don't have anything of worth in their farm.

Matt Murton in a heart beat.

bcom33
05-18-08, 01:34 PM

That would be a dream-come-true. All of the Cashman haters would need to go hide for a while, lol.

27IsNext
05-18-08, 02:56 PM

If I were GM, that would be about the only player I'd accept from them.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-18-08, 03:05 PM

Is it safe to assume this is a joke?

27IsNext
05-18-08, 03:05 PM
Again, I must ask, when/where did Olney say this?

montrealer
05-18-08, 03:15 PM

You`re right about Wrigley........but I don`t know about the NL. Damon showed last year he needs to DH more to rest his body

ArodMVP217
05-18-08, 03:21 PM
Wait, where/when did Olney say this?

i wish i could answer that

27IsNext
05-18-08, 03:23 PM
You`re right about Wrigley........but I don`t know about the NL. Damon showed last year he needs to DH more to rest his body

They have Reed Johnson on the roster as a fourth outfielder, plus Mark DeRosa can play left in an emergency, so resting Damon regularly shouldn't be much of a problem.

R.V.47
05-18-08, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt lose sleep over Damon being traded. I think he has shown that he still has some good baseball left in him so I think hes tradeable.

premct
05-18-08, 10:27 PM
Damon has been a good player for us but I agree that it is time to cut ties.

Here are our options to replace him though:

-put Duncan in the outfield part-time
-Call up someone from the minors
-Trade for someone such as Holliday

Maybe they are thinking about calling up Gardner to lead off. He has 13 steals in the minors and may cause havoc for opposing pitchers if he gets on base (big if).

PeppermintPatty
05-18-08, 10:30 PM
Again, I must ask, when/where did Olney say this?

Last week on Baseball Tonight.

webassign
05-18-08, 10:41 PM
My poor Johnny Damon shirt will become useless though.

teknetic
05-18-08, 10:46 PM
All Cashman has to do is find a sucker to take a leadoff hitter who has stretches where he just leads off instead of hitting, who doesn't steal bags, who has an arm that rivals that of a parapalegic, and is slated to earn 13mil the next two years.

BombersBlvd
05-19-08, 12:24 AM
My poor Johnny Damon shirt will become useless though.

Give it a chance to bat w/ men on base and less than two outs, and it becomes about as useful as its namesake.

rajah
05-19-08, 06:21 AM
I think that trading Damon is a no-brainer at this point. Whether the y's go for maximum salary release or the best return in prospects is another question, which of course depends on the budget, recalculated for not having any playoff money.

How is Gardner doing now? I assume that he would be called up and given a chance.

nnysiny
05-19-08, 07:09 AM
How is Gardner doing now? I assume that he would be called up and given a chance.
hes hitting .207 in his last 10 games, but with a .395 OBP and 8/10 SBs. he has come down since his hot start, but has a .839 OPS for the year

flymick24
05-19-08, 09:19 AM
cashman absolutely loves gardner... i expect to see him called up the minute anybody is traded

JavyVazquezIsSick
05-19-08, 09:30 AM

No.

Good idea with the Cubs.

jeterdaman
05-19-08, 09:37 AM
It still annoys me that the Red Sox were right about Damon.

R.V.47
05-19-08, 09:47 AM
It still annoys me that the Red Sox were right about Damon.

Not completely, they were going to sign him just for less money. The yankees offer just blew theirs out of the water.

goin for 27
05-19-08, 09:49 AM
Not completely, they were going to sign him just for less money. The yankees offer just blew theirs out of the water.

I think that was just the policically correct way to let him go....he was a big part of their 2004 success, you can't simply turn your back. They made a weak offer, and acted disappointed that he left.

ARoDfan4life
05-19-08, 09:52 AM
hes hitting .207 in his last 10 games, but with a .395 OBP and 8/10 SBs. he has come down since his hot start, but has a .839 OPS for the year

his BABIP is .339 w/ a .359 wOBA, his BABIP is .370 away from SWB...he's better than that .207 AVG shows. ;)

nnysiny
05-19-08, 10:40 AM
his BABIP is .339 w/ a .359 wOBA, his BABIP is .370 away from SWB...he's better than that .207 AVG shows. ;)
doesnt a high BABIP show that hes been lucky?

MTYankee23
05-19-08, 10:47 AM
Problem being Damon has been awful so far in May. 2 walks in his last 60 PAs.

Also interesting to not how pronounced Damon's splits are between the Yankees wins and losses. 1.064 vs. .545 OPS. Been pretty consistent in his time as a Yankee too.

07 .860 vs. .571
06 .938 vs. .699

tclwca
05-19-08, 10:58 AM

Do this in a heartbeat...then i would turn around and sign bonds for the rest of the year....

flymick24
05-19-08, 11:44 AM
doesnt a high BABIP show that hes been lucky?

typically, yes

but gardner's game is to simply put the ball into play and use his legs to make things happen

in gerenal, citing BABIP is not an effective way to define his style of play

Chopped Matsui
05-19-08, 11:48 AM
I'd rather trade Damon and have the Cubs take on his salary. But I wouldn't be upset with your scenario, either. I'm just not in love with getting a soon-to-be 27-year old outfielder.

Bub
05-19-08, 11:51 AM
So if Damon goes, who bats leadoff?

Chopped Matsui
05-19-08, 11:52 AM
Gardner. Almost every other hitter on this team would be a better leadoff hitter than Damon right now, anyway.

tclwca
05-19-08, 11:52 AM

Jeter

THEBOSS84
05-19-08, 11:53 AM
Do we have any evidence that what Olney said is true, or if he in fact said that Damon is on the block at all?

27IsNext
05-19-08, 11:57 AM
Do we have any evidence that what Olney said is true, or if he in fact said that Damon is on the block at all?

Supposedly it was on Baseball Tonight last week. Who knows?

Don Mack
05-19-08, 12:00 PM
I must be delusional as well and I see all the players doing what they should be doing...but Matsui should be part of the team. You can't just throw away 100rbi's.

You want to know what isn't that necessary? Morgan Ensberg or Shelley Duncan. They are hurting the team. :o

Morgan Ensberg is like having a pitcher go up to bat. He's useless. He also can't get to balls hit between 3rd and short, grounders that ARod would pick up and put in his hip pocket. The thing with Ensberg I notice most is he's not ready to swing. He stands there with his bat on his shoulder and then is late getting around on a pitch. Anyday now, maybe when ARod returns, they'll release Ensberg.

Trading Matsui is out of the question. And Shelley Duncan can't hit outside pitches. He tries to blast every pitch he sees and like Ensberg, is not necessary.

wang+cano=future
05-19-08, 12:01 PM
I would say it is a pipe-dream but if we can eat some salary and find a team who needs some outfield help then maybe Cash can pull it off. After the Randy Johnson deal I would't rule anything out (except Giambi).

NelsonMuntz
05-19-08, 12:58 PM
LOL, I hear ya. I'm enjoying the speculation but it appears to be baseless at this point.

THEBOSS84
05-19-08, 01:01 PM
LOL, I hear ya. I'm enjoying the speculation but it appears to be baseless at this point.

You'd think we would have seen it in writing somewhere by now if there was any truth to this thread. Not even a word of this mentioned on mlbtraderumors.com.

I smell some bullsh!t

R.V.47
05-19-08, 05:05 PM

Jeter or Melky with an outside chance of Gardner.

Ericas367
05-19-08, 08:49 PM
I think we can get more if we trade Hideki but we still need another outfielder so who would take either of there sports in the outfield Duncan?

MTYankee23
05-20-08, 09:33 AM
Abreu, Jeter, Matsui, ARod, Giambi, Posada, Cano, Melky, Gardner. Would split things up fairly nicely once they're all back.

Sadly, Damon is struggling, so this would in effect be selling low on him. I find it curious how some GMs are terrified of trading a player during a hot streak.

JavyVazquezIsSick
05-20-08, 09:35 AM
Abreu, Jeter, Matsui, ARod, Giambi, Posada, Cano, Melky, Gardner. Would split things up fairly nicely once they're all back.

Sadly, Damon is struggling, so this would in effect be selling low on him. I find it curious how some GMs are terrified of trading a player during a hot streak.

Looks wonderful to me.

Bub
05-20-08, 10:03 AM
Jeter or Melky with an outside chance of Gardner.A good leadoff hitter will get on base at a minimum of 39% of the time. That is not Melky, and I don't know anything about Gardner. Jeter could be a leadoff hitter, but he really thrives batting second. We need a Knoblauch or Henderson type batting first. We also need an established lineup of righthanded batters against lefty starters.

4bronxbombers
05-20-08, 10:08 AM
I agree. We need a shake up here....not sure if anyone would want Damon though.

NYKforever
05-20-08, 10:09 AM
This almost seems too perfect. Damon and cash for Murton and platoon Murton/Gardner in LF. Cubs get a legit leadoff guy (might piss off Soriano a bit) and we get some spark in Gardner. However, the Cubs would probably be hesitant right now with the success they are having.

ShaneTravis
05-20-08, 11:18 AM
Forget about the Padres taking Damon. With Jake going on the DL that team is looking to deal vets. Damon won't fit into their plan. Towers made a comment that he is looking to shake things up with some kids at the lower levels.

I smell fire sale. I would take Brian Giles over Damon at this point.

MTYankee23
05-20-08, 11:22 AM
This almost seems too perfect. Damon and cash for Murton and platoon Murton/Gardner in LF. Cubs get a legit leadoff guy (might piss off Soriano a bit) and we get some spark in Gardner. However, the Cubs would probably be hesitant right now with the success they are having.

That's usually the best time to upgrade. When you're playing well. People fail to understand that and don't capitalize on being able to deal from a position of strength.

As an aside. Would it count as ironic if the Cubs managed to win the WS with Damon on their team?

A Murton/Gardner platoon would be interesting to say the least. Although it seems like every time we try to bring in a platoon type player the last few years, they suck.

ShaneTravis
05-20-08, 11:41 AM
A Murton/Gardner platoon would be interesting to say the least. Although it seems like every time we try to bring in a platoon type player the last few years, they suck.

I mentioned Murton for a couple of reasons. He is a good player. His splits home and away are the exact same. Ops .813 and he hit .295 away and home.

The guy is very consistent. He is also on the outs with the Cubs. I never got why they have not traded him or given him the fulltime job. When they sent him back down I scratched my head why he is not used as a platoon.

Career vs Lefty .317 .391 .497 .888

Bringing Gardner up would be a great call. Speed off the bench,gets on base and can cover all 3 outfield positions. Perfect 4th outfielder.

cyhughes22
05-20-08, 12:24 PM
Paging Brett Gardner.

ShaneTravis
05-20-08, 12:28 PM
I agree. We need a shake up here....not sure if anyone would want Damon though.

Andrew Jones may be lost for the season. May have his knee scoped (sp). Torre could put in a good word. lol

Some team would trade for him. Yanks would have to eat some money.

Bleacher_Creature
05-20-08, 12:54 PM
Andrew Jones may be lost for the season. May have his knee scoped (sp). Torre could put in a good word. lol

Some team would trade for him. Yanks would have to eat some money.

I think Torre would want Matsui. For Damon they might offer Pierre. Can Kemp play CF?

JL25and3
05-20-08, 03:12 PM
doesnt a high BABIP show that hes been lucky?No. BABIP is largely a matter of luck for pitchers, but not necessarily for hitters at all.

Gardner's had a consistently high BABIP throughout his minor-league career - .353, by my calculations. That makes sense, because whenever he makes contact, he's got a good chance to beat it out.

27IsNext
05-20-08, 04:28 PM
I think Torre would want Matsui. For Damon they might offer Pierre. Can Kemp play CF?

I'd try for Ethier if we traded Damon.

JohnnyDamonfan
05-20-08, 04:49 PM
All though my name says I'm a fan of him I would have no problem trading him but don't expect to much in return. I don't want to trade him because we likely won't get anybody good/young for him. Yes, this team needs a shake up. But, is trading Damon really gonna solve our problems? If it was written in stone right now that if we traded Damon and the guy we got for him is really gonna pull the Yankees out of this slump I'd agree 100 percent I'd even pack Damon's bag for him.

But I really am hesitant because trading Damon might not make our problems better in fact they might make them worse.

apalradio
05-20-08, 05:29 PM
I think Torre would want Matsui. For Damon they might offer Pierre. Can Kemp play CF?In spite of his anemic slugging pct, Pierre would certainly give us a different look. He always struck me as a sort of Mickey Rivers without the power.:P

primetime714
05-21-08, 10:37 AM
In spite of his anemic slugging pct, Pierre would certainly give us a different look. He always struck me as a sort of Mickey Rivers without the power.:P

Yea but the thing is people compare Gardner to Pierre, but with a better OBP. I think if we're dealing Damon we want Gardner to come up.

I'm not against trading Damon now, but I almost feel like its a better move to wait until the offseason. Now it would just be a salary dump. However in the offseason team's might be interested in him with 1 year left on his deal.

I do think we need to find a way to get Gardner up here and involved. Dumping Ensberg is the obvious solution to the roster spot.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
05-21-08, 10:38 AM
Bad signing and I never liked it to begin with. The sooner the better, I can't even remember his last SB

THEBOSS84
05-21-08, 10:40 AM
It's time to trade Damon before he ruins his trade value any further. I hate his haircut too.

Mark19
05-21-08, 10:42 AM
Trading Damon is becoming harder as it becomes more and more apparent that Melky's hot April was an illusion. He is batting .170 in May and his total average is dipping past .250.

ShaneTravis
05-21-08, 11:22 AM
Trading Damon is becoming harder as it becomes more and more apparent that Melky's hot April was an illusion. He is batting .170 in May and his total average is dipping past .250.

Gardner would fit better in center anyway. Either way it is time to call him up. Ensberg serves zero purpose on this team. Give Gardner a spot start here and there. Having him on the bench would be another weapon.

I still think a big move will be made this season. A trade that will bring in a first rate bat. It is only May and once teams start to further fall from the radar higher paid vets will be dealt.

Damon has time to turn it on for us or he could go.

primetime714
05-21-08, 11:47 AM
Gardner would fit better in center anyway. Either way it is time to call him up. Ensberg serves zero purpose on this team. Give Gardner a spot start here and there. Having him on the bench would be another weapon.

I still think a big move will be made this season. A trade that will bring in a first rate bat. It is only May and once teams start to further fall from the radar higher paid vets will be dealt.

Damon has time to turn it on for us or he could go.

I agree on Garnder/Ensberg. That's an obvious move that frankly should've been made already.

I don't know that I see a "big" move for a bat being made this season. The guys that will be available don't make a whole lot of sense for us. Matt Holliday is the only guy I could see being a big trade possibility for us, but he'll cost more than an arm and a leg.

I'd love to see Cashman make some smaller scale moves. For example Matt Murton is a guy a lot of people talk about, that would be a great idea for us. The Phillies could also look into trading Victorino for some pitching, if so he might be someone to consider. On the pitching front both Marte and Fuentes will be available either one of them would provide a nice boost to bullpen especially after Joba is converted to a starter.

Overall you have to assume the offense is going to come together. ARod is back, so that should be a big step.

ShaneTravis
05-21-08, 12:01 PM
I mentioned Murton and he in my opinion would be better than Damon right now. But, look at what the Padres have said. And this is the first team to do so but expect more. Padres want to make wholesale changes.

Brian Giles is a much better player than Damon. Will they move him,who knows. But, he is a higher priced vet that serves little purpose on a team that has zero shot at the playoffs. They have Headley on the way up.

Now Giles is a great fit here. Better fielder and hitter than Damon. Also his splits are fantastic away from home. He has a no trade to 8 or so teams. From what I remember the Yanks are not one of them. Now his contract is a little screwy but he is one example.

Each year we do something be it Justice,Bobby,Lidle or Wilson,Chacon....some work out and some don't. I think the Yanks make a move. Gardner gets the call first and then take it from there. I think a market will develop down the road. Holiday no way. That is a crazy blockbuster, I think more along the lines of a Giles type.

Another example would be Milton Bradley. Here is a guy killing the ball and for a soon to be out of it team. Thay have Murphy who is low cost and Milton makes around 5 million this year. He is signed for this year only and often hurt. I don't see him on Texas for the whole year. They will trade him.

More and more teams will fall out and more names will be available.

JL25and3
05-21-08, 02:20 PM
I mentioned Murton and he in my opinion would be better than Damon right now. But, look at what the Padres have said. And this is the first team to do so but expect more. Padres want to make wholesale changes.

Brian Giles is a much better player than Damon. Will they move him,who knows. But, he is a higher priced vet that serves little purpose on a team that has zero shot at the playoffs. They have Headley on the way up.

Now Giles is a great fit here. Better fielder and hitter than Damon. Also his splits are fantastic away from home. He has a no trade to 8 or so teams. From what I remember the Yanks are not one of them. Now his contract is a little screwy but he is one example.

Each year we do something be it Justice,Bobby,Lidle or Wilson,Chacon....some work out and some don't. I think the Yanks make a move. Gardner gets the call first and then take it from there. I think a market will develop down the road. Holiday no way. That is a crazy blockbuster, I think more along the lines of a Giles type.

Another example would be Milton Bradley. Here is a guy killing the ball and for a soon to be out of it team. Thay have Murphy who is low cost and Milton makes around 5 million this year. He is signed for this year only and often hurt. I don't see him on Texas for the whole year. They will trade him.

More and more teams will fall out and more names will be available.As the market develops, the Yankees are one of the teams that are likely to fall out.

Who were you planning to give up in those trades?

Finally, people need to keep in mind that Damon does have a partial no-trade. He provides a list of teams he can be traded to, and he's done his best to pick teams that won't want to pay his salary.

ShaneTravis
05-21-08, 02:27 PM
As the market develops, the Yankees are one of the teams that are likely to fall out.

Who were you planning to give up in those trades?

Finally, people need to keep in mind that Damon does have a partial no-trade. He provides a list of teams he can be traded to, and he's done his best to pick teams that won't want to pay his salary.

My point is teams will fall out. Players will become available that are upgrades. Don't have any idea who to trade. It is too early in season and too many teams are in contention.

The Yanks are not going to be one of those teams that fall out of it. Are people out there thinking the Yanks are not going to at least contend for the wild card?

When the Yanks are sellers during the season it will be the first time since a decade. The Yankees do not forfeit the season, they make changes. They don't wholesale players out of here.

apalradio
05-21-08, 03:51 PM
My point is teams will fall out. Players will become available that are upgrades. Don't have any idea who to trade. It is too early in season and too many teams are in contention.

The Yanks are not going to be one of those teams that fall out of it. Are people out there thinking the Yanks are not going to at least contend for the wild card?

When the Yanks are sellers during the season it will be the first time since a decade. The Yankees do not forfeit the season, they make changes. They don't wholesale players out of here.That should be posted in the locker room over over player's locker as a reminder.