PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Cryin'

dougj1
05-17-08, 06:05 PM
I just called my local grocer to order 6 extra boxes of Kleenex. I cannot stop the tears which are turning into near hysterics!..No, no I'm not crying because the Yanks lost. (what else is new?). I'm crying because I checked all my local newspapers, sports magazines, blog sites and all my friends, and Brian Casman is still GM of the Yanks!!! Gee, is there no mercy at all........

MattUNC2003
05-17-08, 06:11 PM
Ugh, another one of these threads.

And here I was thinking this was a thread devoted to Aerosmith.

nnysiny
05-17-08, 06:17 PM
terrible, terrible thread

SoCal Pinstriper
05-17-08, 06:26 PM
terrible, terrible thread
we have created this sub-forum, ITL 2. In this forum, thread creation will not be actively moderated. If someone wants to start a thread about Derek Jeter’s throwing error in Game X, they are welcome to do so without anyone saying that it should be merged with the Derek Jeter Performance Thread. In other words, no one should be making any judgements (or posts) in this sub-forum about what threads are and are not threadworthy, http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=111268

njdhockey
05-17-08, 06:30 PM
Cashman is awesome. I have faith in him.

smckdwn989
05-17-08, 06:31 PM
I just called my local grocer to order 6 extra boxes of Kleenex. I cannot stop the tears which are turning into near hysterics!..No, no I'm not crying because the Yanks lost. (what else is new?). I'm crying because I checked all my local newspapers, sports magazines, blog sites and all my friends, and Brian Casman is still GM of the Yanks!!! Gee, is there no mercy at all........

i'm crying that people choose to blame cashman for the hitters not hitting, the pitchers not pitching... etc

R.V.47
05-17-08, 06:36 PM
Cashman may have punched his ticket out of NY with the team he put together this year but theres really nothing he can do right now. Check back July 31 to see what he plans to do.

CyYoung4Vazquez
05-17-08, 09:03 PM
Please explain

Cashman is awesome. I have faith in him.

montrealer
05-17-08, 09:09 PM
We need Torre back....

JDPNYY
05-17-08, 11:17 PM
The Yankees stink so much they're making me cry. A lot. Still.

YankeesAce4Life
05-18-08, 12:37 PM
Please explain

Seriously...I want to hear how Brian Cashman is awesome.

Yankees Empire
05-18-08, 01:58 PM
We need Torre back....

What we really need is Billy Martin.

SoCal Pinstriper
05-18-08, 07:10 PM
What we really need is Billy Martin. I liked Billy, but he managed in a different era. Baseball was on the cusp of a financial upheaval that dramatically increased the power, leverage, status, and attitude of players in the game as a whole and especially within their individual organizations. Martin chaffed at working with one of the first empowered players (Reggie), I think that he would positively melt down at the prospect of managing a team of modern (wealthy and empowered) athletes.

I could be underestimating Martin's ability to adapt, but Billy came from an era where managers lorded over players by putting the fear of unemployment into them. The power structure has shifted, and I don't think that he would be effective as a manager for any team in modern baseball.

4bronxbombers
05-18-08, 07:14 PM
:-padlock-

4bronxbombers
05-18-08, 07:14 PM
I liked Billy, but he managed in a different era. Baseball was on the cusp of a financial upheaval that dramatically increased the power, leverage, status, and attitude of players in the game as a whole and especially within their individual organizations. Martin chaffed at working with one of the first empowered players (Reggie), I think that he would positively melt down at the prospect of managing a team of modern (wealthy and empowered) athletes.

I could be underestimating Martin's ability to adapt, but Billy came from an era where managers lorded over players by putting the fear of unemployment into them. The power structure has shifted, and I don't think that he would be effective as a manager for any team in modern baseball.

Very true. Great post.

yankeebot
05-18-08, 07:17 PM
:-padlock- Apparently, you're not allowed to request that. http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=5131053&postcount=4 ;)

4bronxbombers
05-18-08, 07:43 PM
Apparently, you're not allowed to request that. http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=5131053&postcount=4 ;)

oops. :o

Sowwie thread starter.

Mr. Mxylsplk
05-18-08, 09:10 PM
Yeah, you never know how someone would adapt to a different environment, but I agree that it's hard to imagine Billy Martin managing well in today's game where the players are by far the dominant individuals of the game, so much moreso than when he managed.

cid
05-19-08, 01:57 AM

don't you mean girardi is still the manager of the team? i vote worst manager in the league.

Ericas367
05-19-08, 10:19 PM
don't you mean girardi is still the manager of the team? i vote worst manager in the league.

can joe ..go out there and hit for every yankee..can he become a good quad for Alex and a healthy shoulder for Posada..can Joe go out there and pitch for Huges and Kennedy and in innings 4-7 for Pettite? if so then yes he sucks..but because he can-not do those things and he has to work with unmotivaed ,over-paid jerks and scared, blind and silly pitchers then give the guy a break. sheesh!

groovitude
05-19-08, 11:15 PM
If we're going to enforce the "no quabbling over what is and what isn't threadworthy" rule in ITL-II, can we get some of the other rules enforced, too?

That being said, there are a few things to remember:
-Thread titles still need to be descriptive.

BillBuckner
05-19-08, 11:18 PM
That's funny. I'm crying because some Yankee fans actually believe this.

BillBuckner
05-19-08, 11:21 PM
oops. :o

Sowwie thread starter.

:lol:

cid
05-19-08, 11:44 PM
can joe ..go out there and hit for every yankee..can he become a good quad for Alex and a healthy shoulder for Posada..can Joe go out there and pitch for Huges and Kennedy and in innings 4-7 for Pettite? if so then yes he sucks..but because he can-not do those things and he has to work with unmotivaed ,over-paid jerks and scared, blind and silly pitchers then give the guy a break. sheesh!

i was just making a point. if it's cashman's fault it's also girardi's. i personally don't think it's either. the team isn't performing up to what it should be.

groovitude
05-20-08, 01:32 AM
Seriously...I want to hear how Brian Cashman is awesome.

January 9th, 2007: Randy Johnson is traded from the New York Yankees to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Alberto Gonzalez, Ross Ohlendorf, Luis Vizcaino, and Steven Jackson.

DiMaggio5CF
05-20-08, 01:36 AM
I'm crying over non-descriptive thread titles.

Tehasguard
05-20-08, 02:47 PM
So who else would you want then?

maybe Bill Polian, he made the Colts from zero to 12+ wins in 5 straight seasons ^^