PDA

View Full Version : The Last Stats at Yankee Stadium

NYYFAN
05-05-08, 09:00 AM
It's going to be interesting at to whom will have the last stats at Yankee stadium like:

Last HR, Last Grand Slam
Last Win
Last single, double, triple
Last Save
Last Out

Etc...would make a nice contest...

Soon to be followed by first stats at New Yankee Stadium...;)

Guiseppe Franco
05-05-08, 09:37 AM
Have they decided what they're going to do with the stadium infrastructure (seats, etc.) at the end of the season? And who gets the proceeds?

Yankee Fan in Boston
05-05-08, 10:38 AM
It's going to be interesting at to whom will have the last stats at Yankee stadium like:

Last HR, Last Grand Slam
Last Win
Last single, double, triple
Last Save
Last Out

Etc...would make a nice contest...

Soon to be followed by first stats at New Yankee Stadium...;)

I think that is a good idea for a contest, but it's going to be painful to listen to Kay and Co. next year go through a list of inane firsts....

bigjf
05-05-08, 03:03 PM
Wang for last W and first W at the new stadium. I think obviously Rivera will have the saves and last out (unless we lose, of course).

iodon
05-05-08, 03:06 PM
Have they decided what they're going to do with the stadium infrastructure (seats, etc.) at the end of the season? And who gets the proceeds?

I would imagine that they will sell everything and anything. The city owns Yankee Stadium and will get all the proceeds, but I would imagine some of it will fall into the pockets of Steiner Sports.

Bub
05-05-08, 03:06 PM
Some of these "lasts" will be done by September call-ups from the opposing team. If we win the final game, the opposition gets their last at-bats and somebody named Howard McGillicuddy gets the very last hit, but is never in the majors again. He'll be a trivia question for years though.....kind of Marv Throneberry-like kind of celebrity.

MattUNC2003
05-05-08, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that A-Rod will have the last HR at Yankee Stadium.

Retire21
05-05-08, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that A-Rod will have the last HR at Yankee Stadium.

I got Alberto Gonzales. :)

SoCal Pinstriper
05-05-08, 07:36 PM
I think that goalies are credited with "wins" in hockey the way that pitchers are in baseball.

The last "win" will be a net keeper.

TheJobaRules
05-05-08, 07:43 PM
I say Joba Chamberlain will get the last win in Yankee Stadium (as a starter) in game 6 of the world series to clinch #27. :D

JDPNYY
05-05-08, 07:43 PM
I'd really like the last out at Yankee Stadium to be made by a National League player.

fredgmuggs
05-05-08, 08:01 PM
Last HR: Duke Sims
Last Win: Jon Hiller
Last single: Otto Velez
Last Double: Hal Lanier
Last Out: Mike Hegan

(and I was there)

DiMaggio5CF
05-05-08, 11:02 PM
I think that is a good idea for a contest, but it's going to be painful to listen to Kay and Co. next year go through a list of inane firsts....

And Derek Jeter is the first player ever in the New Yankee Stadium to hit a single to right field against the Boston Red Sox in the third inning of a day game while I was tapping my pen against my scorecard, silently humming "Yankee Doodle Dandy" to myself, and thinking about ice cream! What a historic moment!

NYYFAN
05-06-08, 07:41 AM
I'd really like the last out at Yankee Stadium to be made by a National League player.

You want the Yankees to lose the World Series?

DiMaggio5CF
05-06-08, 08:56 AM
You want the Yankees to lose the World Series?

I don't understand why you'd think that.

"Making the last out" refers to the hitter who hit into the last out.

And if a National League hitter hits into the last out, that means that the National League team is losing. For the visiting team to make the last out of the game, the AL team can't bat in the ninth (or bats but doesn't make an out and wins the game in walk-off fashion). So for an NL hitter to make the last out, the NL team has to lose.

And if a National League team loses, then the Yankees would win.

NYYRules#1
05-06-08, 12:13 PM
Last HR: Alex Rodriguez
Last Grand Slam: Alex Rodriguez (not necessarily on the same HR)
Last single: Derek Jeter
Last double: Melky Cabrera
Last triple: Brian Roberts
Last save: Mariano Rivera
Last out: Kevin Millar
Last win: Andy Pettitte

(I'm not including postseason in this, although all the ones except for last triple and last out can just as easily happen in October.)

cyhughes22
05-06-08, 10:08 PM
Carl Pavano will have the last everything. Write it down.

sonofdarthvader
05-08-08, 11:39 AM
Should be interesting and then followed by the firsts in the new stadium.

Can't believe this.....

http://digg.com/baseball/Yankees_fan_Selling_his_fan_rights_to_the_Sox_on_Ebay

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
05-08-08, 10:05 PM

Can't believe this.....

His first reason is "It’s been 7 years since the Yankees won the World Championship." Effing frontrunner. :barf:

Yankees Empire
05-09-08, 07:19 PM
Carl Pavano will have the last everything. Write it down.

Last pulled ass muscle.

bigwampum
05-11-08, 05:26 PM

Can't believe this.....

Who's the bigger loser? This guy, or the guy who makes the winning bid?