PDA

View Full Version : Yankee April 2008

themgmt
04-30-08, 09:03 PM
Do over.

themgmt
04-30-08, 09:04 PM
What are your thoughts on the Yankees through the first month of the season?

From the Pitching, to the hitting, to the managing, to the injuries, have at it.

scottnar
04-30-08, 09:12 PM
Pitching has been very inconsistent. Wang awesome, Andy great at times, I think moose has done fine and obviously the kids have struggled too much.

the bullpen has actually been pretty good. Bruney going down hurt, he was really throwing well and looked like he was ready to help Joba carry the load to Mo. Hawkins and farnsworth are the same guy, high potential no results. I'd like to see albanjandro more as well as Britton. Both of these guys have had success in the majors but they don't get much of a chance.

the offense is the real head scratcher. bottom line they leave too many runners on base

I am not sold on giardi yet. he looks scared. he may not be ready for this stage in only his second year as a manager. last night's move to start steward behind the plate was rediculous

NYIndian2005
04-30-08, 09:13 PM
We started worse last year and also in 2006 I believe. Things don't look good now but we will come back.

E-Rod
04-30-08, 09:24 PM
We started worse last year and also in 2006 I believe. Things don't look good now but we will come back.

Without A-Rod for 2 weeks or more and Posada for a long time probably, this season record looks better than 2006 but the season future looks more dark than 2006.

Baseball isn't an exact science and a lot can change in a week but right now the Yankees are playing the season like the played the last playoff years with a few exceptions.

themgmt
05-01-08, 04:37 PM
Forgive me if this my summation is a little too wordy.

Uninspired.

Yankeefan3783
05-01-08, 09:53 PM
Better than April 2007, but that's not saying much.