PDA

View Full Version : Can we pull a Frank Thomas with Jason Giambi?

yankeesrule2000
04-20-08, 02:15 PM
We have to release this guy, he is an automatic out.. I dont care that he makes 20+ million...He needs to go.

nnysiny
04-20-08, 02:16 PM
as similar as they are, its not going to happen. this thread will get DFAd first

Jeter Kid
04-20-08, 02:18 PM
I just clicked on this thread as Giambi made a throwing error with Roberts picked off...

sahara
04-20-08, 02:19 PM
They won't DFA him, but thank god this is his last season here.

Rocketbooster
04-20-08, 02:25 PM
What is Girardi waiting for? Giambi needs to see pine and fast......he's a black hole out there in every way. In fact, sit Damon as well. If this is all about winning, then I don't care how many millions of $$$ are sitting on the bench; it's supposed to be just getting the job done.

Giambi isn't going to be DFA'd........unfortunately.

E-Rod
04-20-08, 02:25 PM
First the Yankees needs to bench him, if he complains we can start to think in a way to send him away, but not sure if they will put him in the bench anytime soon.

IronCaballo4
04-20-08, 02:26 PM
Trade him to the Altoona Curve

AlongCameAPrincess
04-20-08, 02:37 PM
If the Yanks were going to fire everyone slumping they would've fired the entire team at some point. Including pitchers.

Johnny O
04-20-08, 03:00 PM
If the Yanks were going to fire everyone slumping they would've fired the entire team at some point. Including pitchers.

Ah, the voice of sanity.

To the rest, remember when there was a groundswell to release Giambi in 2006 after his rough start? He ended up with a .970 OPS that season. You need to have viable alternatives before you start benching, demoting or releasing players.

jughead
04-20-08, 03:07 PM
This is going to be one of those threads I bump in 3 months when everyone's slobbering over Giambi because he hit his 30th HR to win the game

yankeesrule2000
04-20-08, 03:07 PM
This is going to be one of those threads I bump in 3 months when everyone's slobbering over Giambi because he hit his 30th HR to win the game

I doubt it, but i hope so for the sake of the team.

NYY40
04-20-08, 03:18 PM
First off, I think what the Jays did to Frank Thomas today was messed up. FT may not be close to what he used to be, but he was somewhat productive for Toronto last year... with 147 Hits, 26 HRs, and 95 RBIs.

Sure, FT shouldn't be batting 3rd, 4th, or 5th, but he can still do well if put in the right situation/position. On top of all that, a 19-year veteran and potential Hall of Famer like the Big Hurt, deserves more respect than to be released like this. They could have done this during the off-season or waited until this season was over to let him go, allowing him to play off the bench or something. Of course, I'm no expert on the Jays or Frank Thomas, so I don't know exactly what happened. I'm just saying that this is not a good model to use against Jason Giambi.

Regarding Giambi... he's still giving his best everytime I watch him on the field. He's obviously not a great first baseman but other than the fact that he can't throw, he does a good job at first. It also seems like haters and critics want to forget what he's done for the Yankees the past 5 years (this being his 6th). Heck, even this year, he's been hitting the ball hard and well... when he actually makes contact. He's just having bad luck and going through a slump right now. Quit making it sound like he's a worthless schmo who offers nothing to the team. Give him some respect that he deserves and let him play out his (most likely) last season here.

Byron
04-20-08, 03:37 PM
First off, I think what the Jays did to Frank Thomas today was messed up. FT may not be close to what he used to be, but he was somewhat productive for Toronto last year... with 147 Hits, 26 HRs, and 95 RBIs.

Sure, FT shouldn't be batting 3rd, 4th, or 5th, but he can still do well if put in the right situation/position. On top of all that, a 19-year veteran and potential Hall of Famer like the Big Hurt, deserves more respect than to be released like this. They could have done this during the off-season or waited until this season was over to let him go, allowing him to play off the bench or something. Of course, I'm no expert on the Jays or Frank Thomas, so I don't know exactly what happened. I'm just saying that this is not a good model to use against Jason Giambi.

Regarding Giambi... he's still giving his best everytime I watch him on the field. He's obviously not a great first baseman but other than the fact that he can't throw, he does a good job at first. It also seems like haters and critics want to forget what he's done for the Yankees the past 5 years (this being his 6th). Heck, even this year, he's been hitting the ball hard and well... when he actually makes contact. He's just having bad luck and going through a slump right now. Quit making it sound like he's a worthless schmo who offers nothing to the team. Give him some respect that he deserves and let him play out his (most likely) last season here.

From what I am reading, FT wanted this just as much as the Jays.

And yeah, I don't know why anyone would think Giambi is "a worthless schmo." I mean he was lighting it up for us just last year... errr... I mean the year before.... wait, I meant....

We need stop with this sentimental silliness and start running this team like the goal is to win ball games. That means making moves based on the benefit to the team, not based on the amount of respect it shows.

R.V.47
04-20-08, 03:39 PM
Thomas was making a good chunk of money and had a 10 mill option for next year. Still though thats chump change compared to the 22 mill the yanks owe Giambi this year. If they didnt have to pay him that much Im sure the yanks would have considered this.

Byron
04-20-08, 03:43 PM

When does a slump turn into "just isn't very good anymore"?

A month? 2? half a season?

Ok, we could debate that I am sure. How about a year? 2 years? 3?

Where does Giambi fit into all of this? Would you say he is closer to a 2 month slump or a 2 year one?

rajah
04-20-08, 03:51 PM
The Yankees are not being "sentimental" and they are not playing Giambi because they are paying him a lot of money. They are playing him to make sure that he is not going to turn it around before they give up on him. He is not going to work his way out without having live at bats. At some point the decision will be made to play Duncan or Ensberg against lefties. It is just a matter of when.

You all may think that is stupid to give Jason more time, given the pitiful way he has looked. But he has been a great hitter when he has been healthy and he reported in good shape and had a very very good spring training. Again, it is not about sentiment or the money he is being paid. It is about not wanting to give up on someone too whom they thought could have a big contract year this year.

Prison Mike
04-20-08, 03:56 PM
Doubt it- but Giambi is awful. I don't care how "great" his swings look, how hard he's hitting the ball, or whatever excuses the team or announcers want to give us. He's terrible, and I cannot wait until he is finally gone.

YanksFanTillDeath
04-20-08, 03:57 PM

JAJAJAJA, what r u smoking..:D

AlongCameAPrincess
04-20-08, 03:59 PM
When does a slump turn into "just isn't very good anymore"?

A month? 2? half a season?

Ok, we could debate that I am sure. How about a year? 2 years? 3?

Where does Giambi fit into all of this? Would you say he is closer to a 2 month slump or a 2 year one?

Abreu hit poorly the entire first half last year and ended up batting almost .500 for the second half. I'm sure Giambi knows that he's doing badly, everyone knows it. I say give it time. This year at least he knows he can play first and be out there regularly, let him adjust.

Or might as well ship Robbie, Hughes and Kennedy with him as well. They're all slumping right now.

The Q Bomb
04-20-08, 04:07 PM
This is going to be one of those threads I bump in 3 months when everyone's slobbering over Giambi because he hit his 30th HR to win the game I HOPE so! Sad to say, my first thought upon hearing Thomas was released mirrored the title of this thread.

sahara
04-20-08, 04:08 PM
There's a HUGE difference between two young players who might as well be rookies struggling or a frequently healthy 25 year old who has put up the numbers Cano has the last two years having a brutal slump and Jason Giambi's situation. Come on.

Byron
04-20-08, 04:13 PM
Abreu hit poorly the entire first half last year and ended up batting almost .500 for the second half. I'm sure Giambi knows that he's doing badly, everyone knows it. I say give it time. This year at least he knows he can play first and be out there regularly, let him adjust.

Or might as well ship Robbie, Hughes and Kennedy with him as well. They're all slumping right now.

I feel you missed my point. Because none of the players you mention are in even remotely similar situations.

I'll give you an example. Cano had a very good year last year. Because of that, it isn't too hard to believe that this is just a slow start for him and that he will turn it around. If Cano did not have a good year last year, or the year before, and maybe even the year before that.... why on earth would I believe this was a temporary slump and he could 'snap' out of it? At some point wouldn't it be wise to begin to believe that he was just no longer the player he once was?

That is the situation with Giambi as best as I can tell. When was the last time you would say Giambi was not in a slump? What evidence are you working from that makes you think Giambi can 'snap' out of it this year - and that this isn't just his level of production now?

BonusCantos
04-20-08, 04:22 PM
If the Yanks were going to fire everyone slumping they would've fired the entire team at some point. Including pitchers.Since 2006, he's hitting roughly .240; he's been in decline for years. Jason's not going away during this season, that much I'd be willing to wager, but this is not a mere slump. I'm not saying he can't recover somewhat, but he's nowhere near the player he used to be. I can't advocate a DFA, because that's impractical with his contract status, but if he's not hitting, he has to find the bench.

buntsalot2
04-20-08, 04:30 PM
give the Jays credit. They got nads. Jason will not have a big year, let alone a good one. The longer the team lugs this deadweight along, the further they are away from being a contender and their commitment to build a winner. We all can see the obvious. Now is the time to stop those warm and fuzzy smiles and do the obvious... Thanks Jason, it was quite a ride. Good luck. Ciao baby.

YankeeStripes
04-20-08, 04:31 PM
I think Duncan should be given the job. He is at least young and while he may not hit 40 homeruns, neither will Giambi anymore. Forget contracts. WIN GAMES. Also, Duncan brings a ton of energy and plays hard...Giambi is basically a water buffalo out there.

buntsalot2
04-20-08, 04:34 PM
:P:P
I think Duncan should be given the job. He is at least young and while he may not hit 40 homeruns, neither will Giambi anymore. Forget contracts. WIN GAMES. Also, Duncan brings a ton of energy and plays hard...Giambi is basically a water buffalo out there.

woof!:P:P:P

on target!

RhodeyYankee2638
04-20-08, 04:39 PM
Abreu hit poorly the entire first half last year and ended up batting almost .500 for the second half. .

That must be some sort of record

nnysiny
04-20-08, 04:42 PM
That must be some sort of record
perhaps a record for exagerrations. he hit .305 in the second half

RhodeyYankee2638
04-20-08, 04:45 PM
perhaps a record for exagerrations. he hit .305 in the second half

Women and baseball stats don't mix well

MassNYYfan
04-20-08, 05:38 PM

I wouldn't put money on the 30 HRs, and while I'll be happy if he's winning a game for the Yankes there sure won't be any slobbering going on here.

The countdown is on and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

sahara
04-20-08, 06:23 PM

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1241/thravezj1.gif

KINGOFNY
04-20-08, 06:47 PM
From what I am reading, FT wanted this just as much as the Jays.

And yeah, I don't know why anyone would think Giambi is "a worthless schmo." I mean he was lighting it up for us just last year... errr... I mean the year before.... wait, I meant....

We need stop with this sentimental silliness and start running this team like the goal is to win ball games. That means making moves based on the benefit to the team, not based on the amount of respect it shows.

If that was the case,the Mets would have Posada as their starting catcher 3-4 yrs from now,instead he'll waste a roster spot that could be used for somebody who isn't 40 yrs.old.

shotz
04-20-08, 06:49 PM
sure would be great to get Frank on this team.

ColombiaYanksFan
04-20-08, 07:20 PM

Yankees aren't the only ones with struggling players. David Ortiz, Bucholz, Lester from sox were struggling.

It's still April.

NYDCYankee
04-20-08, 07:35 PM
Shelley Duncan, Shelley Duncan, Shelley Duncan

AlongCameAPrincess
04-21-08, 12:43 AM

Perhaps you should tell that to the O's very male commentators who actually said it.

Rich
04-21-08, 02:11 AM
Perhaps you should tell that to the O's very male commentators who actually said it.

*zing*

Maybe the dude confused his Post AS AVG with his Post AS SLG (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=3537&type=batting&year=2007) of .528?

Tehasguard
04-21-08, 02:21 AM
I believe in Giambi... he's still patient, hits balls hard... but right at people

he'll come around

BobbyMurcerFan
04-21-08, 03:00 AM
I thought the poster was talking about a trade idea.

cajunyankee
04-21-08, 07:57 AM
Both Mussina and Giambi are cautionary tales against long term, high dollar contracts which take players well into their late thirties.

iodon
04-21-08, 08:21 AM
Both Mussina and Giambi are cautionary tales against long term, high dollar contracts which take players well into their late thirties.

Maybe Giambi, but Moose is on a short (2 yr) contract at 11m per year.

yanksphan
04-21-08, 10:30 AM
Why don't we call up Carlos Pen....oh, right.

Mantle'sMutt
04-21-08, 10:48 AM
Since 2006, he's hitting roughly .240; he's been in decline for years. Jason's not going away during this season, that much I'd be willing to wager, but this is not a mere slump. I'm not saying he can't recover somewhat, but he's nowhere near the player he used to be. I can't advocate a DFA, because that's impractical with his contract status, but if he's not hitting, he has to find the bench.

Yes, yes, and yes. G is through. Duncan is not the answer, either.

hobokenfish
04-21-08, 10:55 AM
Yes, yes, and yes. G is through. Duncan is not the answer, either.

This dilemma falls squarely on Cashman, who refused to get another first baseman. Really, is Wilson Betimit helping this team more than Doug Mientkiewicz could be helping? When Jeter got hurt, they only used Betimit for like one game and called up Gonzalez anyway. So it's not like Betimit is such a great infield insurance policy.

Logan
04-21-08, 10:58 AM

Agreed. I care more about winning a championship in Yankee Stadium's final year than wasted money by benching Giambi.

Yankee Fan in Boston
04-21-08, 10:58 AM
This dilemma falls squarely on Cashman, who refused to get another first baseman. Really, is Wilson Betimit helping this team more than Doug Mientkiewicz could be helping? When Jeter got hurt, they only used Betimit for like one game and called up Gonzalez anyway. So it's not like Betimit is such a great infield insurance policy.

I think Betemit won't be here by the end of the year. I was surprised they didn't have a real utility infielder/glove guy on the final roster, and AG has really impressed. I can understand if they want to get him some more at-bats in AAA, but Betemit doesn't seem to have much usefulness, particularly with Ensberg around.

effdamets
04-21-08, 11:02 AM
Bench players are not "insurance policies".

YankeesAce4Life
04-21-08, 11:16 AM
It doesn't seem too hard to hit .120 and receive $22M a year.

I think I could hit better. :D

yankeeman61
04-21-08, 11:20 AM
I think Betemit won't be here by the end of the year. I was surprised they didn't have a real utility infielder/glove guy on the final roster, and AG has really impressed. I can understand if they want to get him some more at-bats in AAA, but Betemit doesn't seem to have much usefulness, particularly with Ensberg around.

AG should be on the ML team. Betemit serves no purpose at this point. They should trade him for a bullpen arm. I would seriously look at getting Posada more PT at 1B and I would cut Giambi yesterday. Po and Ensberg can share 1B. With the status of his arm and considering how good Molina is behind the plate, Po can rotate between C, 1B and DH, with Matsui getting most of the DH duty.

themgmt
04-21-08, 11:48 AM
Doubt it- but Giambi is awful. I don't care how "great" his swings look, how hard he's hitting the ball, or whatever excuses the team or announcers want to give us. He's terrible, and I cannot wait until he is finally gone.

So if his swing looked horrible, he wasn't hitting the ball hard, wasn't being patient, but had 7 bloop hits and seeing eye singles and was hitting .260 with an OBP of .270 you'd be happy? His swing looks fine to me (maybe cut down a bit), he is hitting the ball hard and he is being patient. He's hitting in bad luck (no fault of his own) but he's also hitting right into the defense (his fault).

With an awful BA of .109 he still has a .290 OBP. He's never going to hit .300 again but if he can hit .250 and slug well he'll be ok at first.

effdamets
04-21-08, 11:56 AM
So if his swing looked horrible, he wasn't hitting the ball hard, wasn't being patient, but had 7 bloop hits and seeing eye singles and was hitting .260 with an OBP of .270 you'd be happy? His swing looks fine to me (maybe cut down a bit), he is hitting the ball hard and he is being patient. He's hitting in bad luck (no fault of his own) but he's also hitting right into the defense (his fault).

With an awful BA of .109 he still has a .290 OBP. He's never going to hit .300 again but if he can hit .250 and slug well he'll be ok at first.
What would be the "cutoff" on.... 'slug well'?

ANSKYcm
04-21-08, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't DFA him OR bench him, but I would platoon him with Ensberg and let Morgan get the majority of AB's against lefties.

CommerceComet
04-21-08, 12:11 PM
I just clicked on this thread as Giambi made a throwing error with Roberts picked off...Wasn't it a throwing error that was pretty much the final straw for Josh Phelps? IIRC, Phelps had a throwing error which landed him in Torre's doghouse and I don't think he ever saw the field again before being released.

I fully expect Giambi to get things sorted out and be a solid hitter. While clearly not near his peak, I still think that Giambi still has something left.

4bronxbombers
04-21-08, 12:23 PM

How ridiculous.

effdamets
04-21-08, 12:25 PM
How ridiculous.
Now - now.... Don't go flying off the handle. Let's give him a chance for an explanation!

4bronxbombers
04-21-08, 12:27 PM
Now - now.... Don't go flying off the handle. Let's give him a chance for an explanation!

He does it a little too often. There's some women on this board that could put him to shame regarding baseball knowledge.

effdamets
04-21-08, 12:29 PM
He does it a little too often. There's some women on this board that could put him to shame regarding baseball knowledge.
Maybe he didn't mean it in such a derogatory (sp?) way..... ;)

4bronxbombers
04-21-08, 12:30 PM
Maybe he didn't mean it in such a derogatory (sp?) way..... ;)

Check your PM darlin'.

effdamets
04-21-08, 12:33 PM
Check your PM darlin'.

;) .

b-ball-lunachick
04-21-08, 12:35 PM
this from a guy who says it's a fact that men don't care about pleasing women during sex...

based on these two comments, I'd say you and women don't mix too well either. ;)

effdamets
04-21-08, 12:37 PM
this from a guy who says it's a fact that men don't care about pleasing women during sex...

based on these two comments, I'd say you and women don't mix too well either. ;)
Okay... so maybe I was wrong.... :D

(about the poster)

Toaderly
04-21-08, 12:38 PM
Why don't we call up Carlos Pen....oh, right.

Cruel. Just freaking cruel, man.

b-ball-lunachick
04-21-08, 12:39 PM
Okay... so maybe I was wrong.... :D

(about the poster)
I'm sensing a bit of a pattern. :D

effdamets
04-21-08, 12:40 PM
I'm sensing a bit of a pattern. :D
Not from me.... ;)

b-ball-lunachick
04-21-08, 12:43 PM
Not from me.... ;)
of course not! :)

4bronxbombers
04-21-08, 12:46 PM
of course not! :)

:lol:

themgmt
04-21-08, 12:58 PM
What would be the "cutoff" on.... 'slug well'?

I didn't mean to quantify "slug well" but anything around .500 would be fine by me.

effdamets
04-21-08, 01:00 PM
I didn't mean to quantify "slug well" but anything around .500 would be fine by me.
I think it needs to be more than 'slug well'.

His SLG% could be a nice number but if he's constantly killing rallies with DPs and Ks and making errant throws into LF like yesterday, forget it. I don't want him in there!

Mantle'sMutt
04-21-08, 01:29 PM
I think it needs to be more than 'slug well'.

His SLG% could be a nice number but if he's constantly killing rallies with DPs and Ks and making errant throws into LF like yesterday, forget it. I don't want him in there!

Me neither.

mycroft
04-21-08, 03:03 PM
You want to pull a Frank Thomas with Jason Giambi? That is a very disturbing image thanks

rodney27nyg
04-21-08, 03:57 PM
Trade him to the Altoona Curve

Trade him to the Macon Whoopies! ;)

RhodeyYankee2638
04-21-08, 05:49 PM

Yeah, Hitman knows a lot more about baseball than me. When you are right you're right

Rich
04-21-08, 07:12 PM

I think it's fairly obvious that women are smarter than men.

YASS
04-21-08, 07:57 PM
But not obviously fair.

JDPNYY
04-21-08, 08:08 PM
The Frank Thomas?

'

TEPLimey
04-21-08, 09:40 PM
Can we? Yup. Will we? Nope.

effdamets
04-22-08, 07:35 AM
Can we? Yup. Will we? Nope.
...best answer so far....

YankeePride1967
04-22-08, 07:41 AM
Let's see, we don't go for Santana because we don't want to spend the money, now we're going to spend essentially $30 million to switch DH's?

effdamets
04-22-08, 07:52 AM
Let's see, we don't go for Santana because we don't want to spend the money, now we're going to spend essentially $30 million to switch DH's?
In fairness.... I don't think the Yankees didn't go after Santana because of the money, but more because of the fact the Twins wanted to a$$ rape the Yankees by asking for two of their three best pitching prospects plus a ML ready position player in return.

And for the record, Thomas doesn't want to play in the Bronx because he wants to play everyday. That's something that won't happen with the Yankees.

mycroft
04-22-08, 09:16 AM

Well Suzy and Sterling aren't helping their cause any:eek:

DontHateOnNumber2
04-22-08, 11:36 AM
I'm certain he can be released, it just won't happen. It sucks because he literally is an automatic out.

Panamaniac42
04-22-08, 11:47 AM

Shelley also can't hit RHP and strikes out more than twice as much as he walks. And his defense isn't so spectacular either.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give him a shot over Giambi at some point, but let's not have another Andy Phillips/Bubba Crosby on our hands where people fall in love with a mediocre "kid" who is pushing 30 but seems like a great guy and has a ton of energy.

mycroft
04-22-08, 01:40 PM
Shelley also can't hit RHP and strikes out more than twice as much as he walks. And his defense isn't so spectacular either.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give him a shot over Giambi at some point, but let's not have another Andy Phillips/Bubba Crosby on our hands where people fall in love with a mediocre "kid" who is pushing 30 but seems like a great guy and has a ton of energy.

Giambi needs to start producing, at his price tag no one will pick him up.I would take Shelly in a second over Giambi and cut our losses but I think we need to get through this road trip and by the end of April make our decisions. Staying close to the sawks is top priority, we don't need a double digit deficit again this year.

tclwca
04-22-08, 01:45 PM

The Blue Jays will be paying him untill his contract is up at the end of the year...we would only have to pay crap.....but we dont need him....As for Santana can we trade ipk and hughes to the mets for him.......lol:P :P :P :P

jughead
06-08-08, 02:51 PM
This is going to be one of those threads I bump in 3 months when everyone's slobbering over Giambi because he hit his 30th HR to win the gameYou know what? I was wrong. Why didn't we DFA this bum back then? A .958 OPS is just pathetic.

*yawn* More proof that early season hysterics are ridiculous

(couldn't wait the full 3 months)

themgmt
06-08-08, 03:30 PM
A+ uppage

rpbri2886
06-08-08, 03:33 PM
You know what? I was wrong. Why didn't we DFA this bum back then? A .958 OPS is just pathetic.

*yawn* More proof that early season hysterics are ridiculous

(couldn't wait the full 3 months)

Well done.

I wish I had kept a list of the DFA Giambi/Damon supporters.

False1
06-08-08, 06:03 PM
This is a great thread bump, and another one I enjoy bumping is the "Who will have a better 2008 - Moose or Schilling?" where Moose got clobbered in the poll.

Lot of crow getting eaten right now by folks who bashed Giambi and Moose. Oh, and Damon.

Yankeesfan811
06-08-08, 06:14 PM
This is a great thread bump, and another one I enjoy bumping is the "Who will have a better 2008 - Moose or Schilling?" where Moose got clobbered in the poll.

Lot of crow getting eaten right now by folks who bashed Giambi and Moose. Oh, and Damon.

lol/ you are absolutely right!

people wanted Matui traded as well!

smckdwn989
06-08-08, 06:15 PM
lol/ you are absolutely right!

people wanted Matui traded as well!

his name is javy.... :D

TheJobaRules
06-08-08, 07:00 PM
They won't DFA him, but thank god this is his last season here.

This was the sentiment everybody shared, and rightly so. Pretty amazing how quickly Giambi turned it around.

In Mo I Trust
06-08-08, 07:03 PM
Hilarious.

rpbri2886
06-08-08, 08:17 PM
his name is javy.... :D

If it were up to Javy half the team would be traded.

themgmt
06-18-08, 10:20 AM
What is Girardi waiting for? Giambi needs to see pine and fast......he's a black hole out there in every way. In fact, sit Damon as well. If this is all about winning, then I don't care how many millions of $$$ are sitting on the bench; it's supposed to be just getting the job done.

Giambi isn't going to be DFA'd........unfortunately.

0 for 2!

Swiiiiiing and a miss.

JfromJersey
06-18-08, 11:32 AM
I think it's time to close this thread.

Allan
06-18-08, 12:00 PM
I think it's time to close this thread.
Nah, keep it open....... if for no other reason than to keep egos in check.;)