PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

montrealer
04-22-08, 09:27 PM
My thoughts exactly...oiy vey

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 09:34 PM
I can't believe Poti's still screwing the Rangers.

:lol: But really :(

Bring on the Pens!

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 09:34 PM
The dream run for Alexander Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals has ended in Sudden Death OT as Joffrey Lupul scores the game-winning PPG to send the Philadelphia Flyers to Round 2.

Final Score in Overtime from the Verizon Center

Philadelphia Flyers 3, Washington Capitals 2

PHI wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-3.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Kimmo Timonen, PHI: 2 A, 4 Hits

2nd Star: Alexander Ovechkin, WSH: 1 G, 1 A, 9 SOG, 3 Hits

1st Star: Martin Biron, PHI: 39 saves on 41 SOG

Top HM: Cristobal Huet, WSH: 31 saves on 34 SOG; Sergei Fedorov, WSH: 1 A, 2 Blocked Shots, 3 Takeaways, 81.0% Faceoff Wins; John Erskine, WSH: 4 SOG, 3 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; Niklas Backstrom, WSH: 1 G, 5 SOG; Mike Richards, PHI: 1 A, 58.0% Faceoff Wins; Scott Upshall, PHI: 1 G, 5 SOG; Lasse Kukkonen, PHI: 4 Blocked Shots, 6 Hits; Daniel Briere, PHI: 1 A, 5 SOG, 54.0% Faceoff Wins; Joffrey Lupul, PHI: 1 G

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 09:37 PM
Goals so far by Iginla and Thornton and it's 1-1 in San Jose.

Come on Calgary!!!! :gulp:

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 09:39 PM
Goals so far by Iginla and Thornton and it's 1-1 in San Jose.

Come on Calgary!!!! :gulp:
Both on the Power Play.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 09:48 PM
End of 1 from the Shark Tank

San Jose Sharks 1, Calgary Flames 1

Both goals came from the Power Play from Joe Thornton and Jarome Iginla.

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 10:12 PM
A goal from Owen Nolan has put the Flames ahead 2-1. :D

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 10:14 PM
Sharks immediately tie it up again

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 10:15 PM
Darn...:(

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 10:22 PM
Darn 3-2 Sharks now.

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 10:23 PM
Jr! Yes!

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 10:34 PM
Goodnight Calgary

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 10:45 PM
Keenan royally ................ed up.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 10:50 PM
Team Teal is outshooting the Flames 35-13 through 2 periods as the San Jose Sharks lead the Calgary Flames 5-2.

Jeremy Roenick has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) so far tonight.

The Sharks need to keep attacking though. Calgary has one more period to comeback in this game.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 11:39 PM
It was the first Game 7 on home ice for the San Jose Sharks and they won, 5-3.

Wayne Primeau scored the only goal in the 3rd Period, but it wasn't enough for the Calgary Flames.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Joe Pavelski, SJS: 1 G, 4 Hits, 2 Takeaways

2nd Star: Christian Ehrhoff, SJS: 2 A, +2

1st Star: Jeremy Roenick, SJS: 2 G, 2 A, 4 SOG, 1 Takeaway

Top HM: Joe Thornton, SJS: 1 G, 3 Takeaways, 56.0% Faceoff Wins; Patrick Marleau, SJS: +1, 3 Hits; Patrick Rissmiller, SJS: 5 SOG, 6 Hits; Adrian Aucoin, CGY: 2 A, +1, Jarome Iginla, CGY: 1 G, 5 SOG, 10 Hits

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 11:42 PM
Darn, now only one Canadian team left. :(

Here are the quarterfinal matchups:

East:
1 Montreal vs. 6 Philadelphia
2 Pittsburgh vs. 5 New York Rangers

West:
1 Detroit vs. 6 Colorado
2 San Jose vs. 5 Dallas

StatenIslandYankee
04-22-08, 11:46 PM

East:

West:
1 Detroit vs. 6 Colorado
2 San Jose vs. 5 Dallas

Montreal in 6, New York in 7
Detroit in 5, San Jose in 7

CanoForPresident
04-23-08, 12:12 AM

East:

West:
1 Detroit vs. 6 Colorado
2 San Jose vs. 5 Dallas

Montreal (1) Vs Philly (6) - Believe it or not, but I think most Habs fans wanted the Rangers over the Flyers. I think these fans were justified in their wishes. Philly matches up very well with Montreal. They've got toughness, young legs and boast a PP that is on par with that of Montreal's. Neither team is very strong on the blue line (Andrei Markov, where the ................ are you?) or in goal IMO but the team that wins the battle of the special teams will take this series.

Picks to click - Chris Higgins, Sergei Kostitsyn, Mike Richards, Daniel Briere

Prediction - Flyers in 6. I knew that Boston would play them tighter than most people expected but they just didn't look good.

Pittsburgh (2) Vs. New York (5) - Both teams will be coming off of a long break, as they dispatched their first round opponents rather quickly. The Pens have a very impressive group of young players, headlined by 2 of the leagues elite in Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. The Rangers also have a solid group of young core players, none of whom shined as much as Marc Staal in the first round. Expect Staal to improve on his excellent first round performance in the next round, but the rest of the Ranger blueline will have to pick up their game as well. Henrik Lundqvist has a size able edge over Marc Andre Flurey who has been an enigma since he stepped on NHL ice.

Picks to Click - Evgeni Malkin, Gary Roberts, Scott Gomez, Jaromir Jagr

Prediction - Rangers in 6, but this one can go either way.

Detroit (1) Vs. Colorado (6) - What used to be a marquee match up a decade ago is probably going to be the least talked about series of the four. Detroit seems to be a perennial 2nd round knock out type team while the Avs haven't fared much better recently. Hasek/Osgood vs Theodore? Meh, take your pick. I think a lot of people, my self included underrated the forwards for both teams. The Avs will need better production out of Paul Stastny in this series if they want to win it, and luckily for them it looked like he found his game towards the end of their set vs the Wild

Picks to Click - Nicklas Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg, Joe Sakic, Ryan Smyth

Prediction - Colorado in 7. Don't know where this is gonna go really but Colorado is more of a playoff type team IMO.

San Jose (2) Vs. Dallas (5) - The best match up of the 2nd round. Both teams impressed in the first round by knocking off tough opponents. The Stars should be getting Sergei Zubov back for this series which will greatly help their chances in this series. I still think the Sharks are the best team in the league when they're on. They've got great depth on their lines, a very solid blue line and the best goalie in the league right now. Dallas is very similar, except I think Turco is a rung below Nabakov and their D is a little bit better.

Picks to Click - Jonathan Cheechoo, Joe Thornton, Mike Ribero, Brad Richards

Prediction - Sharks in 7. This seires has the potential to go down as the best of recent history. I pick the Sharks because they have that extra gear that cannot be matched by any team left in the playoffs.

This would set up...

Rangers Vs Philly - oh man...

and San Jose Vs Colorado...

AMYanks
04-23-08, 12:48 AM
Crosby vs NYC. Dream match up for NBC. I'm sure they wish it would've happened next round, though.

Looks like good odds that NBC will at least get one popular team in the Cup final. Hopefully for them no Montreal/San Jose.

montrealer
04-23-08, 05:10 AM
Habs in 6

Pens in 6

Wings in 5

Stars in 7

trentonthunder
04-23-08, 05:24 AM
Habs in 6

Pens in 6

Wings in 5

Stars in 7

This is probably where the smart money is. However, the truth is that the beauty of all these matchups is that they all could go the other way. No clear favorite in any series.

montrealer
04-23-08, 05:47 AM
This is probably where the smart money is. However, the truth is that the beauty of all these matchups is that they all could go the other way. No clear favorite in any series.

It`s the nature of the NHL. It`s what makes it different from other sports. I`d love to see a Habs - Rangers finals but I`m sure the NHL would rather have the Pens and Rangers in the East.

26 and counting
04-23-08, 07:40 AM
Crosby vs NYC. Dream match up for NBC. I'm sure they wish it would've happened next round, though.

Looks like good odds that NBC will at least get one popular team in the Cup final. Hopefully for them no Montreal/San Jose.

If people in the USA won't watch Montreal in the Stanley Cup Final, then there's something seriously wrong with American sports fans. Montreal has one the most Cups out of anybody by a longshot. They're the Yankees of the NHL. I would be psyched to watch that.

AMYanks
04-23-08, 08:45 AM
If people in the USA won't watch Montreal in the Stanley Cup Final, then there's something seriously wrong with American sports fans. Montreal has one the most Cups out of anybody by a longshot. They're the Yankees of the NHL. I would be psyched to watch that.

The Rangers/Canadiens game was perhaps the best game on NBC this season, and it got the worst rating.

NBC doesn't want another scenario where they only have one TV market in the finals. Sure, the hardcore U.S. hockey fan might be psyched to see the Canadians in the Cup finals, but the casual fan doesn't really care. If another U.S. team is there, the casual fan in that city might actually get into it and watch.

Obviously, Rangers/Red Wings is the best case scenario for the league.

StatenIslandYankee
04-23-08, 08:56 AM
Habs in 6

Pens in 6

Wings in 5

Stars in 7

Nabokov > Turko

Sharks in 7

StatenIslandYankee
04-23-08, 08:57 AM
If people in the USA won't watch Montreal in the Stanley Cup Final, then there's something seriously wrong with American sports fans. Montreal has one the most Cups out of anybody by a longshot. They're the Yankees of the NHL. I would be psyched to watch that.The real hockey fan would not mind seeing Montreal in the finals, but the casual guy who hardly follows it would have zero interest.

trentonthunder
04-23-08, 09:43 AM
Obviously, Rangers/Red Wings is the best case scenario for the league.

Does anyone know why Detroit has had so many empty seats during the regular season and playoffs ? They used to sell that arena out consistently a few years ago.

MTYankee23
04-23-08, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know why Detroit has had so many empty seats during the regular season and playoffs ? They used to sell that arena out consistently a few years ago.

I remember reading somewhere that the economic conditions in that area had something to do with it.

BroadwayBomber55
04-23-08, 11:04 AM
Another tough series to decide who deserves a star in their series

BB55's 3-Stars: Series-by-Series

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: #3 Washington Capitals v. #6 Philadelphia Flyers

3rd Star of the Series: Kimmo Timonen, PHI: 4 A, +2, 13 Hits, 17 Blocked Shots, 4 Takeaways

2nd Star of the Series: Alexander Ovechkin, WSH: 9 P (4 G, 5 A), 32 Hits, 5 Takeaways

1st Star of the Series: Daniel Briere, PHI: 11 P (6 G, 5 A), +2, 5 Takeaways, 58.8% Faceoff Wins

Honorable Mentions

WSH
Cristobal Huet: 3-4, 2.93 GAA, .909 SV%
Alexander Semin: 8 P (3 G, 5 A), +2, 6 Takeaways
Mike Green: 7 P (3 G, 4 A), 12 Hits
Brooks Laich: 6 P (1 G, 5 A), +2, 52.4% Faceoff Wins
Nicklas Backstrom: 6 P (4 G, 2 A), +3, 50.0% Faceoff Wins
Sergei Fedorov: 5 P (1 G, 4 A), 9 Takeaways, 54.6% Faceoff Wins
Milan Jurcina: +1, 16 Hits, 16 Blocked Shots

PHI
Martin Biron: 4-3, 2.67 GAA, 1 SHO, .908 SV%
Vaclav Prospal: 9 P (3 G, 6 A), 6 Takeaways, 53.1% Faceoff Wins
Mike Richards: 7 P (2 G, 5 A), 14 Hits, 8 Takeaways, 50.4% Faceoff Wins
Scottie Upshall: 4 P (1 G, 3 A), +1, 12 Hits, 7 Takeaways
Jeff Carter: 4 P (3 G, 1 A), +3, 10 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots, 5 Takeaways
Braydon Coburn: 3 A, +3, 14 Hits, 10 Blocked Shots
Mike Knuble: 5 P (2 G, 3 A), +3, 11 Hits, 7 Blocked Shots

montrealer
04-23-08, 11:13 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the economic conditions in that area had something to do with it.
What`s the ticket prices?......Oiy ..I think there is economic turmoil everywhere.

StatenIslandYankee
04-23-08, 11:16 AM
What`s the ticket prices?......Oiy ..I think there is economic turmoil everywhere.There is in this whole country.

BroadwayBomber55
04-23-08, 11:31 AM
And another tough series to decide who deserves a star in their series

BB55's 3-Stars: Series-by-Series

Western Conference Quarterfinals: #2 San Jose Sharks v. #6 Philadelphia Flyers

3rd Star of the Series: Patrick Marleau, SJS: 6 P (2 G, 4 A), 19 Hits, 56.5% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star of the Series: Joe Pavelski, SJS: 7 P (3 G, 4 A), +3, 9 Hits, 10 Blocked Shots, 6 Takeaways, 55.1% Faceoff Wins

1st Star of the Series: Joe Thornton, SJS: 7 P (2 G, 5 A), +1, 7 Hits, 8 Blocked Shots, 13 Takeaways

Honorable Mentions

SJS
Ryane Clowe: 8 P (4 G, 4 A), +1, 19 Hits
Jonathan Cheechoo: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), +1, 17 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots, 5 Takeaways
Christian Ehrhoff: 3 A, +3, 6 Blocked Shots
Mike Grier: 1 A, +1, 16 Hits, 5 Takeaways
Douglas Murray: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), 14 Hits, 10 Blocked Shots
Marc-Edouard Vlasic: 1 A, +3, 10 Blocked Shots
Evgeni Nabokov: 4-3, 2.45 GAA, 1 SHO, .895 SV%

CGY
Jarome Iginla: 9 P (4 G, 5 A), 20 Hits
Dion Phaneuf: 7 P (3 G, 4 A), 36 Hits, 9 Blocked Shots
Owen Nolan: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), 17 Hits, 5 Takeaways
Daymond Langkow: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), 7 Takeaways
Stephane Yelle: 2 G, +2, 10 Hits, 61.0% Faceoff Wins
Miikka Kiprusoff: 2-4, 3.21 GAA, 1 SHO, .908 SV%
Cory Sarich: 1 A, +1, 18 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots
Alex Tanguay: 4 A, 5 Takeaways

Pinstripedbass
04-23-08, 05:16 PM

East:

West:
1 Detroit vs. 6 Colorado
2 San Jose vs. 5 Dallas

The 2nd round picks...

Flyers in 6. The Habs had a tougher time than I expected with the B's. Philly will out-physical them.

Rangers in 6 .If the Rags can get by the Pens they will go to the Finals.

Red Wings in 6. If Jose Theodore isn't lights out for the Av's it will be Wings in 4. This isn't the Wild.

Sharks in 7. They're my other pick for the Finals. Dallas will test them.

Pinstripedbass
04-23-08, 05:19 PM
There is in this whole country.

Detroit has really hit hard times, moreso than the rest of the country.

BroadwayBomber55
04-23-08, 06:21 PM
Conference Semifinals Schedule

Eastern Conference
(6) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (1) Montreal Canadiens

1. Thu, Apr 24 – at Mon, 7:00 pm EDT (CBC, RDS)
2. Sat, Apr 26 – at Mon, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
3. Mon, Apr 28 – at Phi, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
4. Wed, Apr 30 – at Phi, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
*5. Sat, May 3 – at Mon, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
*6. Sun, May 4 – at Phi, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
*7. Tue, May 6 – at Mon, 7:00 pm EDT (CBC, RDS)

(5) New York Rangers vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

1. Fri, Apr 25 – at Pit, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
2. Sun, Apr 27 – at Pit, 2:00 pm EDT (NBC, CBC)
3. Tue, Apr 29 – at NYR, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
4. Thu, May 1 – at NYR, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
*5. Sun, May 4 – at Pit, 2:00 pm EDT (NBC, CBC)
*6. Mon, May 5 – at NYR, 7:00 pm EDT (VS., CBC)
*7. Wed, May 7 – at Pit (CBC)

Western Conference
(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings

1. Thu, Apr 24 – at Det, 7:30 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
2. Sat, Apr 26 – at Det, 3:00 pm EDT (NBC, TSN)
3. Tue, Apr 29 – at Col, 10:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
4. Thu, May 1 – at Col, 10:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
*5. Sat, May 3 – at Det, 1:00 pm EDT (NBC, TSN)
*6. Mon, May 5 – at Col, 10:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
*7. Wed, May 7 – at Det (TSN)

(5) Dallas Stars vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

1. Fri, Apr 25 – at SJ, 10:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
2. Sun, Apr 27 – at SJ, 9:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
3. Tue, Apr 29 – at Dal, 7:30 pm EDT (TSN)
4. Wed, Apr 30 – at Dal, 9:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
*5. Fri, May 2 – at SJ, 10:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
*6. Sun, May 4 – at Dal, 9:00 pm EDT (VS., TSN)
*7. Tue, May 6 – at SJ, 10:00 pm EDT (TSN)

*=If Necessary

Kluivert4Ever
04-23-08, 06:55 PM
Great matchups all around except for one team, the Flyers, the dont deserve to be here I just hope they get kicked out without mercy. Sweep them Habs, please.

YanksFan1992
04-23-08, 08:04 PM
Good to see the TV schedule, I missed 2 of the 5 Rangers first round games but it looks like I will get all of them this time. :gulp:

CanoForPresident
04-23-08, 08:31 PM
Good to see the TV schedule, I missed 2 of the 5 Rangers first round games but it looks like I will get all of them this time. :gulp:

I missed 4 of them. In ALR fashion, they won the ones I missed and lost the one I didnt.

I'll be good for games 1 and 2 for sure but after that im not sure.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 12:41 AM
BB55's Second Round Predictions - Eastern Conference: Series-by-Series

#1 Montreal Canadiens v. #6 Philadelphia Flyers

Montreal Canadiens: Key Bulletpoints

- Speed, speed, and more speed led by Alexei Kovalev

- Carey Price, Part II

- Effective Special Teams

- Last Canadian NHL team standing

Philadelphia Flyers: Key Bulletpoints

- Daniel Briere leading the Broad Street Flyers

- Kimmo Timonen, Braydon Coburn, and the Flyers blueliners containing Montreal's speed

- Martin Biron standing on his head

- Starving for playoff success

BB55's Pick: The Flyers will try to use their grit and their depth up front to negate the Canadiens' speed, but losing Mike Knuble is huge for them. The Canadiens will use their speed game to leave the Flyers blueliners for dead. Both teams can bang and block shots. Special teams and which goalie outplays who will be the deciding factors. If Les Habs struggle on the power play, the Flyers have a shot to make it a longer series and possibly win it. However, if Les Habs get their power play in gear, it will be a short series. Can Price duplicate his performance in his two shutout wins? Will Biron stand on his head again? I think Montreal's speed and edge in net makes me pick Les Habs to go to the Eastern Conference Finals. Canadiens in 6.

StatenIslandYankee
04-24-08, 12:42 AM
The trendy pick seems to be Pittsburgh. Every sports writer is picking them.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 01:03 AM
BB55's Second Round Predictions - Eastern Conference: Series-by-Series

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins v. #5 New York Rangers

Pittsburgh Penguins: Key Bulletpoints

- Attacking run-and-gun style led by the three Penguin Centers: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Jordan Staal

- Will Marian Hossa show up in the next level?

- The bend but don't break Penguins Blueline led by Sergei Gonchar and Hal Gill

- The next level for Marc-Andre Fleury

New York Rangers: Key Bulletpoints

- Broadway's patient and disclipine Pivots: Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Brandon Dubinsky, and/or Martin Straka

- Sean Avery, Jaromir Jagr, and Brenden Shanahan producing for the Rangers Wingers

- The bend but don't break Rangers blueliners led by Marc Staal and Daniel Girardi

- The next level for Henrik Lundqvist

BB55's Pick: Who will win? The Penguins up-tempo attacking style or the Rangers patient, disclipine, exploding style? The young guns with some veterans chipping in the scoring and which goalie Fleury or Lundqvist will decide who will prevail. In a tough series that might go the distance and also find out which team can hold serve with their home-ice, the winner may reach the Stanley Cup Finals. I pick the Broadway Blueshirts. Rangers in 7.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 01:16 AM
BB55's Second Round Predictions - Western Conference: Series-by-Series

#1 Detroit Red Wings v. #6 Colorado Avalanche

Detroit Red Wings: Key Bulletpoints

- Who starts in goal for the Red Wings: Chris Osgood v. Dominik Hasek?

- Deep and talented

- Tomas Holmstrom v. Jose Theodore in front of the net

- Niklas Kronwall, Nicklas Lidstrom, and the Red Wing defense v. Colorado's forwards

Colorado Avalanche: Key Bulletpoints

- Will Jose Theodore keep it going?

- Age, banged up, but experienced led by Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg

- Adam Foote, Ruslan Salei, Scott Hannan, and the Avs Blueliners v. Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg

- Ryan Smyth v. Chris Osgood/Dominik Hasek in front of the net

BB55's Pick: The Avs experienced players like Sakic, Forsberg, and Foote along with Theodore in net will keep the series going, but the Red Wings depth and Osgood shutting the door down will make the Wings move on. Red Wings in 7.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 01:50 AM
BB55's Second Round Predictions - Western Conference: Series-by-Series

#2 San Jose Sharks v. #5 Dallas Stars

San Jose Sharks: Key Bulletpoints

- Two Joes: Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau v. the Dallas defense led by Sergei Zubov and Stephane Robidas

- Evgeni Nabokov

- Coach Ron Wilson's job on the line in this series?

- Gotta have that lethal killer instinct

Dallas Stars: Key Bulletpoints

- Two Mikes: Mike Ribeiro and Mike Modano and Brad Richards v. the Sharks defense led by Brian Campbell and Douglass Murray

- Marty Turco

- Home-Ice Advantage a huge value?

- Mental Toughness

BB55's Pick: The Stars will give the Sharks another playoff pressure cooker test to see if Team Teal really belongs in the NHL elite with their offensive depth Can the Sharks finally break through to the Western Conference finals? They need their best players like the two Joes, Marleau, Jonathan Cheechoo, Brian Campbell, and Milan Michalek to play as their best players to offset the Stars offensive depth. Also, who will shine brighter in goal? Turco or Nabokov? Which team is more resilient? I think the Sharks will finally break through. Sharks in 6.

trentonthunder
04-24-08, 05:35 PM
I think there is too much NY and Philadelphia enthusiasm going around.
Pittsburgh will be too much for NY. Philadelphia will give it a good try, but will fall
a little short in the end.

Look for Pittsburgh and Montreal, the two best teams in their conference, to have one heck of a battle to see who makes it to the cup final.

dabomb2045
04-24-08, 05:39 PM
Pittsburgh will be too much for NY. Philadelphia will give it a good try, but will fall

Look for Pittsburgh and Montreal, the two best teams in their conference, to have one heck of a battle to see who makes it to the cup final.

Nobody is picking the Rangers to win....which is fine with me. I like the underdog role.

CanoForPresident
04-24-08, 05:56 PM

Ye have much faith in Marc Andre Flurey and the soft Montreal Forwards.

I've never been a big MAF fan.

I've been very impressed with the Flyers. They can match the Habs on the PP and I think they are the superior team 5 on 5. Lotsa poise on their squad too.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 07:10 PM
The Philadelphia Flyers are up 2-0 on the Montreal Canadiens 2nd 16:11

The Detroit Red Wings are up 2-1 on the Colorado Avalanche 1st 4:18.

RhodyYanksFan
04-24-08, 08:17 PM
Ye have much faith in Marc Andre Flurey and the soft Montreal Forwards.

I've never been a big MAF fan.

I've been very impressed with the Flyers. They can match the Habs on the PP and I think they are the superior team 5 on 5. Lotsa poise on their squad too.

Seriously, the Rangers have a clear advantage in goaltending, defense, and coaching. That will offset the Crosby/Malkin threat. I just hope it's enough to offset the officiating bias Crosby gets too.

CanoForPresident
04-24-08, 08:46 PM
Refs make their mark on the 2nd round already.

Mike Richards gets called for a BS penalty late and the Habs tie the game.

AMYanks
04-24-08, 08:53 PM
Good, let the refs hand Montreal this series. Then the Rangers or Penguins can show the world how truly overrated they are.

b_joseph
04-24-08, 09:02 PM
Montreal are officially annoying. You just knew that they wouldnt lose that game.

njdhockey
04-24-08, 09:08 PM
Refs make their mark on the 2nd round already.

Mike Richards gets called for a BS penalty late and the Habs tie the game.
Unfortunetly, its to be expected in Montreal.

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 10:47 PM
There were a lot of controversial calls during Game 1 of the Best-of-7 Series between the Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphia Flyers...

Mike Richards was penalized for kneeing Alexei Kovalev that led to a Kovalev power play goal that forced overtime.

Another call went against the Flyers when Kovalev scored a shorthanded goal Replays supported the on-ice call that Kovalev’s stick had made contact with the puck below the level of the crossbar off a rebound of Tomas Plekanec’s shot.

However, the Flyers have problems on their own. They blew another two goal lead that led them to losses (they had 2-goal leads against the Washington Capitals in Games 1 and 6 and lost both).

Final Score in Overtime from Montreal

Montreal Canadiens 4, Philadelphia Flyers 3

MTL leads Best-of-7 Series, 1-0.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Joffrey Lupul, PHI: 1 G, 4 Hits, 2 Takeaways

2nd Star: Tom Kostopoulos, MTL: 1 G, +1, 2 Hits

1st Star: Alexei Kovalev, MTL: 2 G, +1, 3 Hits

Top HM: Francis Bouillon, MTL: 5 Blocked Shots; Sergei Kostitsyn, MTL: 1 A, 5 Hits; Mike Komisarek, MTL: +1, 5 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; Jim Dowd, PHI: 1 G, +2; Jason Smith, PHI: +2, 5 Blocked Shots; R.J. Umberger, PHI: 1 G, 3 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits

BroadwayBomber55
04-24-08, 11:12 PM
The Detroit Red Wings win Game 1 of their 2nd Round series against the Colorado Avalanche, 4-3.

DET leads Best-of-7 Series, 1-0.

The Wings were leading 4-1 at one point in the 2nd period before the Avs closed the gap to 4-3, but the Wings held on to win.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Henrik Zetterberg, DET: 1 G, 5 SOG, 2 Hits, 58.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: Paul Stastny, COL: 1 G, 1 A, +2

1st Star: Johan Franzen, DET: 2 G, 1 A, +2, 5 SOG

Top HM: Valtteri Filppula, DET: 1 A, +2; Daniel Cleary, DET: 1 G, +1, 5 SOG; Pavel Datsyuk, DET: 1 A, 2 Hits, 2 Takeaways; Brian Rafalski, DET: 2 A; Milan Hejduk, COL: 1 G, 1 A, +2; Scott Hannan, COL: 1 A, 3 Blocked Shots; Ryan Smyth, COL: 2 A, +1; Cody McCormick, COL: 4 Hits

trentonthunder
04-25-08, 07:23 AM
If you're a Philly fan, then you are one angry dude this morning. If you're a Montreal fan, then you need to send that official a Christmas card.

montrealer
04-25-08, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOl1_fx4FY&eurl=http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=509789&page=2

This is a knee on knee hit......plain and simple.

CanoForPresident
04-25-08, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOl1_fx4FY&eurl=http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=509789&page=2

This is a knee on knee hit......plain and simple.

Knees never made contact. If that was a knee on knee, at that force, Kovalev would be getting surgery to recontrstruct his ACL in a few days.

Shoulder on shoulder. I won't call Kovy for diving on that one because he did try to get his leg out of the way which led to him falling the way he did.

you can't make that call with a buck thirty left in the third period of a playoff game.

StatenIslandYankee
04-25-08, 11:54 AM
If you're a Philly fan, then you are one angry dude this morning. If you're a Montreal fan, then you need to send that official a Christmas card.HA! I missed the game. What happened? Refs hand them the game?

trentonthunder
04-25-08, 11:54 AM
Knees never made contact. If that was a knee on knee, at that force, Kovalev would be getting surgery to recontrstruct his ACL in a few days.

Shoulder on shoulder. I won't call Kovy for diving on that one because he did try to get his leg out of the way which led to him falling the way he did.

you can't make that call with a buck thirty left in the third period of a playoff game.

Bingo. All the angles showed it was clearly a shoulder hit. Kovalev's knee swung only because he tried to avoid getting it hit.

YanksFan1992
04-25-08, 01:30 PM
I missed both games last night, good to see Montreal get the win though.

Kluivert4Ever
04-25-08, 02:58 PM
**** Philly, what goes around comes around they should have been kicked out in round 1.

wang+cano=future
04-25-08, 03:13 PM
I hate the Flyers........I am happy to see they lost.....Especially after that fluky first goal.

montrealer
04-25-08, 04:07 PM
HA! I missed the game. What happened? Refs hand them the game?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=509789

trentonthunder
04-25-08, 06:04 PM
Canadian refs have consistently made favorable calls for Canadian teams.
Heck, the whole world knows that Hawerchuck hooked the Russian when Lemieux scored the goal to give Canada a 6-5 victory in Game 3 of
the 1987 Canada Cup. That Russian would have had Lemieux easily checked if not for Hawerchuk's interference. So get used to Canadian refs helping Canadian clubs. All of Canada will deny it, but just get used to it.

Heck, even Shanahan came out and said in the press that it wasn't right that Jagr never got the calls he deserved, yet Crosby gets every call in the book. You do the math.

montrealer
04-25-08, 06:08 PM
Canadian refs have consistently made favorable calls for Canadian teams.
Heck, the whole world knows that Hawerchuck hooked the Russian when Lemieux scored the goal to give Canada a 6-5 victory in Game 3 of
the 1987 Canada Cup. That Russian would have had Lemieux easily checked if not for Hawerchuk's interference. So get used to Canadian refs helping Canadian clubs. All of Canada will deny it, but just get used to it.

Heck, even Shanahan came out and said in the press that it wasn't right that Jagr never got the calls he deserved, yet Crosby gets every call in the book. You do the math.
You really need to let things go..............20 years Oiy Vey.......

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 07:01 PM
Martin Straka's Power Play goal is the only scoring after the first 20 minutes.

After 1 period from Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena

New York Rangers 1, Pittsburgh Penguins 0

SOG: PIT 9, NYR 7
Hits: PIT 21, NYR 14

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 07:52 PM
The New York Rangers scored the first two goals in the 2nd Period: one by Chris Drury, the other by Sean Avery, but the Pittsburgh Penguins scored the next two in :14 with Jarkko Ruutu and Pascual Dupuis lighting the lamp.

Two periods in the books in Mellon Arena

New York Rangers 3, Pittsburgh Penguins 2

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 08:43 PM
What a crazy 3rd Period to an exciting game in Pittsburgh.

The Penguins scored the first two goals from Marian Hossa and Petr Sykora to give the Pens their first lead of the game, 4-3. Scott Gomez tied it up for the New York Rangers at 4-4. Evgeni Malkin scored the go-ahead goal on the power play to make it 5-4. Finally, Jaromir Jagr was an inch away from sending this game to overtime.

The Pens escape Game 1, defeating the Rangers 5-4.

PIT leads Best-of-7 Series, 1-0.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Michal Rozsival, NYR: 3 A, +1, 3 Blocked Shots, 2 Hits

2nd Star: Jarkko Ruutu, PIT: 1 G, 10 Hits

1st Star: Sidney Crosby, PIT: 2 A, 61.0% Faceoff Wins

Top HM: Petr Sykora, PIT: 1 G, 6 SOG; Sergei Gonchar, PIT: 3 Blocked Shots, 2 Takeaways; Ryan Malone, PIT: 2 A, +1, 5 Hits; Marc Staal, NYR: 2 A, +2, 2 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits; Jaromir Jagr, NYR: 2 A; Scott Gomez, NYR: 1 G, 3 SOG, 63.0% Faceoff Wins

wang+cano=future
04-25-08, 08:50 PM
Sweet 1-0 series lead for the Pens......I know a lot of people will say Malkin kicked that last goal in and the refs want to give Crosby every penalty but it is what it is.....a 1-0 series lead.....

Plus to give up a 3-0 lead is pretty rough...

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 08:55 PM
Sweet 1-0 series lead for the Pens......I know a lot of people will say Malkin kicked that last goal in and the refs want to give Crosby every penalty but it is what it is.....a 1-0 series lead.....

Plus to give up a 3-0 lead is pretty rough...
Most of the goals that both Henrik Lundqvist and Marc-Andre Fleury gave up were from deflections.

It was an exciting game.

The Pens after giving up the first 3 goals came back and scored their first, then in the next shift, they beat the Rangers to the punch and scored again. They did it twice.

StatenIslandYankee
04-25-08, 08:55 PM
Crosby gets every call it's UNREAL

RhodyYanksFan
04-25-08, 09:10 PM
Crosby gets every call it's UNREAL

I wouldn't hate it as much if he wasn't such a dirty player himself. That's what really goes out my ass sideways.

StatenIslandYankee
04-25-08, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't hate it as much if he wasn't such a dirty player himself. That's what really goes out my ass sideways.LOL @ your avatar

BillBuckner
04-25-08, 10:09 PM
LOL @ your avatar

I don't think there's anything funny about it. :mad:

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 11:10 PM
The Dallas Stars lead the San Jose Sharks, 2-1 3rd 9:30

The Sharks drew first blood in the 2nd Period with Milan Michalek scoring his first goal in this year's playoffs.

However, Mike Modano on the Power Play and Brenden Morrow scored the next two goals of the game in the 2nd period.

The Sharks are currently outshooting the Stars 22-12, outhitting them 25-21, and won more faceoffs, but Marty Turco and the Stars kept the Sharks to one goal so far.

CanoForPresident
04-25-08, 11:21 PM
The Dallas Stars lead the San Jose Sharks, 2-1 3rd 9:30

The Sharks drew first blood in the 2nd Period with Milan Michalek scoring his first goal in this year's playoffs.

However, Mike Modano on the Power Play and Brenden Morrow scored the next two goals of the game in the 2nd period.

The Sharks are currently outshooting the Stars 22-12, outhitting them 25-21, and won more faceoffs, but Marty Turco and the Stars kept the Sharks to one goal so far.

2-2 now.

hoping this game gos multiple ots

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 11:22 PM
2-2 now.

hoping this game gos multiple ots
Same here.

DAL is on the Power Play.

Jonathan Cheechoo scored for the Sharks.

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 11:27 PM
We're going to Overtime in San Jose.

The San Jose Sharks and the Dallas Stars are tied at 2-2.

The Sharks are outshooting the Stars, 27-15. Marty Turco has 25 saves.

The Sharks outdrew the Stars in the faceoff circle, 30 to 20.

Power Plays: DAL 1 for 5; SJS 0 for 4

BroadwayBomber55
04-25-08, 11:48 PM
Brenden Morrow wins it for the Dallas Stars in Overtime.

Morrow's 2nd goal of the game gives the Stars a 1-0 Best-of-7 Series lead on the San Jose Sharks with a 3-2 victory.

The Sharks outshot 27-18 in the game, but Marty Turco neutralized the Sharks with 25 saves.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Jonathan Cheechoo, SJS: 1 G, +2

2nd Star: Brenden Morrow, DAL: 2 G, +1, 3 SOG, 4 Hits

1st Star: Marty Turco, DAL: 25 saves on 27 SOG

Top HM: Mike Ribeiro, DAL: 2 A, +1; Stephane Robidas, DAL: 1 A, 2 Blocked Shots, 5 Hits; Brian Campbell, SJS: 1 A, +1, 3 SOG, 3 Blocked Shots; Joe Thornton, SJS: 1 A, +1, 4 Hits, 67.0% Faceoff Wins; Milan Michalek, SJS: 1 G, 4 SOG, 2 Hits;

wang+cano=future
04-26-08, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't hate it as much if he wasn't such a dirty player himself. That's what really goes out my ass sideways.

I agree Crosby does his fair-share of cross-checking in front and around the net but to call him a dirty player is a little much imo.

sprucemoose
04-26-08, 11:50 AM
I agree Crosby does his fair-share of cross-checking in front and around the net but to call him a dirty player is a little much imo.

Crosby also takes a lot of abuse that doesn't get called. To say that he gets all the calls is laughable. Crosby gets hacked, slashed, hooked and speared pretty much every time he is on the ice.

montrealer
04-26-08, 12:08 PM
Crosby also takes a lot of abuse that doesn't get called. To say that he gets all the calls is laughable. Crosby gets hacked, slashed, hooked and speared pretty much every time he is on the ice.
I must concur............:o

wang+cano=future
04-26-08, 12:11 PM

I totally agree. Even though I can't deny that the penalty called at the end of the game last night was a bad call regardless of the time it was called. The fact it was called at the end of a tie playoff game gives Ranger fans legit. reason to be upset. However, as a Penguins fan I cannot complain. :D

dabomb2045
04-26-08, 12:26 PM

So does Jagr. Yet you dont see him taking dives at all. And he certainly doesnt get any preferential treatment.

montrealer
04-26-08, 12:50 PM
So does Jagr. Yet you dont see him taking dives at all. And he certainly doesnt get any preferential treatment.
Well ...he`s changed..........in his youth he was the "King of Dives"....Used to hate this arse-hole with his olympic style dives.

dabomb2045
04-26-08, 01:55 PM
Well ...he`s changed..........in his youth he was the "King of Dives"....Used to hate this arse-hole with his olympic style dives.

Do you hate Crosby the same way? Cuz he certainly has perfected the swan dive

montrealer
04-26-08, 02:41 PM
Do you hate Crosby the same way? Cuz he certainly has perfected the swan dive
I hear ya..........it comes with maturity i guess....

trentonthunder
04-26-08, 07:51 PM
Who is that frenchman in goal for Philadelphia in Game 2 in Montreal ?
Is that Bernie Parent ? :jaw-drop:

BroadwayBomber55
04-26-08, 07:56 PM
One final in the books from today's Stanley Cup Playoff action, earlier today.

The Detroit Red Wings go up 2-0 in their Best-of-7 Series against the Colorado Avalanche with a 5-1 victory.

Johan Franzen had a hat trick in the game. Jose Theodore was pulled a second time in this series on favor of Peter Budaj. Tha Avs played without Wojtek Wolski who will miss the remainder of the series with an upper bod injury.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Henrik Zetterburg, DET: 1, G, 1 A, +2, 10 SOG, 2 Takeaways, 50.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: Niklas Kronwall, DET: 2 A, +1

1st Star: Johan Franzen, DET: Hat Trick, +1, 6 SOG

Top HM: Valtteri Filppula, DET: 1 G, +1; Mikael Samuelsson, DET: 1 A, 4 SOG, 2 Blocked Shots, 2 Hits; Jiri Hudler, DET: 1 A, 4 SOG, 2 Takeaways; Pavel Datsyuk. DET: 1 A, +1, 4 Hits; Peter Budaj, COL: 19 saves on 20 SOG; Jeff Finger, COL: +1, 3 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits

BroadwayBomber55
04-26-08, 07:57 PM
Who is that frenchman in goal for Philadelphia in Game 2 in Montreal ?
Is that Bernie Parent ? :jaw-drop:
Bernie Parent? Nope. It's Martin Biron.

The Philadelphia Flyers are up 3-1 after two periods against the Montreal Canadiens.

BroadwayBomber55
04-26-08, 08:48 PM
The Philadelphia Flyers go back to South Philly with a split on the road against the Montreal Canadiens.

The Flyers win Game 2, 4-2.

Best-of-7 Series tied, 1-1.

The Canadiens outshot the Flyers 36-23, but Martin Biron made 34 saves. R.J. Umberger's 2 goals propels the Flyers to victory.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Saku Koivu, MTL: 1 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, 3 Hits, 58.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: R.J. Umberger, PHI: 2 G, +2, 4 SOG

1st Star: Martin Biron, PHI: 34 saves on 36 SOG

Top HM: Kimmo Timonen, PHI: 1 A, +2, 5 Blocked Shots, 2 Hits; Daniel Briere, PHI: 1 G, +1, 67.0% Faceoff Wins; Lasse Kukkonen, PHI: 5 Blocked Shots; Mark Streit, MTL: 1 A; Andrei Markov, MTL: 1 G, 5 SOG

YanksFan1992
04-26-08, 09:25 PM
The Montreal-Philly matchup is really shaping up to be a great series. I hope the Habs can take down Philadelphia as I really, really dislike the Flyers.

CanoForPresident
04-26-08, 10:16 PM
The Montreal-Philly matchup is really shaping up to be a great series. I hope the Habs can take down Philadelphia as I really, really dislike the Flyers.

I hate Philly, but I cant stand the crowd at the Bell Center.

I'm kinda pulling for Philly because they're in the same position as the Rangers, playing against another team and the refs.

trentonthunder
04-27-08, 06:19 AM
3rd Star: Saku Koivu, MTL: 1 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, 3 Hits, 58.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: R.J. Umberger, PHI: 2 G, +2, 4 SOG

1st Star: Martin Biron, PHI: 34 saves on 36 SOG

You also have to give credit to Jeff Carter and Darien Hatcher. Carter is asserting himself, and the Canadians are just getting nothing by Hatcher.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 11:17 AM
Big game today for the Pens and Rangers. Good luck to Crosby, Malkin and the rest of the boys!! :)

Go Pens!!!!

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 11:21 AM
You also have to give credit to Jeff Carter and Darien Hatcher. Carter is asserting himself, and the Canadians are just getting nothing by Hatcher.
True to that.

trentonthunder
04-27-08, 12:39 PM
Big game today for the Pens and Rangers. Good luck to Crosby, Malkin and the rest of the boys!! :)

Go Pens!!!!

Pittsburgh is on a roll this year. Going to be hard to beat.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 12:41 PM
Pittsburgh is on a roll this year. Going to be hard to beat.

Even more so if they keep getting the bounces and help from the Zebras..

Also, what did I tell you about Jeff Carter ;)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-27-08, 02:59 PM
Pittsburgh is definitely carrying the play. Lundquist is playing great and keeping the Rags in the game. Prepare for intense whining about the refs from the fans if NY goes on to lose.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 02:59 PM
Even more so if they keep getting the bounces and help from the Zebras..

Also, what did I tell you about Jeff Carter ;)

I think this game is being very fairly called.....I would agree that the Game 1 call at the end of the game was BS though.....

StatenIslandYankee
04-27-08, 03:01 PM
Pittsburgh is definitely carrying the play. Lundquist is playing great and keeping the Rags in the game. Prepare for intense whining about the refs from the fans if NY goes on to lose.Game 1 the refs had a hand in it, not today though.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 03:01 PM
I think this game is being very fairly called.....I would agree that the Game 1 call at the end of the game was BS though.....

Every penalty called has been a penalty, but the refs have missed 3 calls on the pens.

Thought Crosby should have gotten one for a dive on the Tyutin Penalty too.

StatenIslandYankee
04-27-08, 03:02 PM
Every penalty called has been a penalty, but the refs have missed 3 calls on the pens.

Thought Crosby should have gotten one for a dive on the Tyutin Penalty too.Let's not forget Staal hitting Jagr w/ a broken stick. Refs missed that one.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 03:03 PM
Let's not forget Staal hitting Jagr w/ a broken stick. Refs missed that one.

Thats is one of the three.. There was a trip on Rosy and a hook on Avery that went uncalled also.

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 03:43 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins go up 2-0 in their series against the New York Rangers with a 2-0 victory in Game 2.

Both goalies were phenomenal, but Jordan Staal's power play goal in the 2nd period was the difference.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Jordan Staal, PIT: 1 G, +1, 3 SOG

2nd Star: Henrik Lundqvist, NYR: 30 saves on 31 SOG

1st Star: Marc-Andre Fleury, PIT: 26 saves, SHO

Top HM: Sergei Gonchar, PIT: 1 A, +1, 5 Blocked Shots; Ryan Malone, PIT: 6 Hits; Daniel Girardi, NYR: 5 Hits

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 03:46 PM
Man I wished the refs had let Gill go with Avery at the end of the game.....Anyway I am very very very happy right now. :) It is huge going up 2-0 with the next two games at MSG.

StatenIslandYankee
04-27-08, 03:47 PM
Man I wished the refs had let Gill go with Avery at the end of the game.....Anyway I am very very very happy right now. :)Congrats on stealing 2 games.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 03:48 PM
Congrats on stealing 2 games.

How did we steal Game 2?? Fleury and the Penguins defense won that game.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 03:50 PM

Pens played a great defensive third period. They deserve credit for that.

Flurey didn't have to be very good today. The Rangers need to do to him what they did to Broduer.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 03:50 PM
Pens played a great defensive third period. They deserve credit for that.

Flurey didn't have to be very good today. The Rangers need to do to him what they did to Broduer.

Yeah I was suprised they were able to get to Broduer that much in that series....

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 03:52 PM
Yeah I was suprised they were able to get to Broduer that much in that series....

Never thought i'd see the Pens trap either. Not ripping them for doing it either, it worked.

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 03:53 PM
And the Pens made the most of it on their power plays with that goal from Jordan Staal while the Rangers had a bagel on their power plays in Game 2.

StatenIslandYankee
04-27-08, 03:53 PM
How did we steal Game 2?? Fleury and the Penguins defense won that game.The game should have been tied up, but quick whistles are what they are. Love that there was a quick whistle when the puck was still in plain view of the linesman and the ref.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 03:54 PM
Never thought i'd see the Pens trap either. Not ripping them for doing it either, it worked.

Yeah.....Those last 5-6 minutes were intense.....I really thought the Rangers would score on the 6 on 4....

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 03:54 PM
The game should have been tied up, but quick whistles are what they are. Love that there was a quick whistle when the puck was still in plain view of the linesman and the ref.

The ref lost sight of the puck so he blew the whistle...End of story.

StatenIslandYankee
04-27-08, 03:56 PM
The ref lost sight of the puck so he blew the whistle...End of story.I'll just walk away from my laptop right now before I say something that will get me RO'd.

sprucemoose
04-27-08, 03:56 PM
Thats is one of the three.. There was a trip on Rosy and a hook on Avery that went uncalled also.

Thing is, it goes both ways. Avery slashed Crosby in the hand. Wasn't called.

Avery also went down pretty easy with two minutes left, leading to a soft penalty against the Penguins. I noticed a distinct lack of outrage about that one.

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 03:57 PM
It was the right call. The puck didn't cross the goalline before the whistle.

The ref lost sight of the puck and blew it dead.

YanksFan1992
04-27-08, 03:59 PM
It was the right call. The puck didn't cross the goalline before the whistle.

The ref lost sight of the puck and blew it dead.

Yeah, but our point is that he shouldn't have lost sight of it as it should have been clearly in view if you watched the replay.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 04:00 PM
I'll just walk away from my laptop right now before I say something that will get me RO'd.

Okay....

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 04:12 PM

It was a quick whistle. I'm not overly pissed about this because its more of a judgment call and there isn't a set rule about it but we see plays like that stay alive much longer all the time.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 04:26 PM
It was a quick whistle. I'm not overly pissed about this because its more of a judgment call and there isn't a set rule about it but we see plays like that stay alive much longer all the time.

Yeah it was a quick whistle but it was quick because he lost sight of the puck and thought Fluery had it.....

Kluivert4Ever
04-27-08, 04:56 PM
No excuses please, we got some phantom calls late and couldnīt convert.
Pittsburgh did not choke away a 3 goal lead in game one, we did and we got chances to make up for it in game 2 but failed to.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-27-08, 04:56 PM
Pit definitely outplayed NY this afternoon and should go on to win the series. I don't see the Rangers winning more than 1 home game. Too much momentum and skill for the Pens. They just look more dangerous

Kluivert4Ever
04-27-08, 04:59 PM
Pit definitely outplayed NY this afternoon and should go on to win the series. I don't see the Rangers winning more than 1 home game. Too much momentum and skill for the Pens. They just look more dangerous

The Pens are not that much better but they did not pull off a complete chokejob in game 1 and thats why they deserve to advance.
Chokers have no business going far into the post-season anyway.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 04:59 PM

I agree they are playing well right now but MSG is a hard place to win playoff games....If they can pull out 1 win there I would be very happy going back to Pittsburgh with the 3-1 series lead.

Kluivert4Ever
04-27-08, 05:01 PM
I agree they are playing well right now but MSG is a hard place to win playoff games....If they can pull out 1 win there I would be very happy going back to Pittsburgh with the 3-1 series lead.

Take my word for it, the Pens will advance 4-1.

trentonthunder
04-27-08, 05:03 PM
The Pens are not that much better .

That's what's amazing about the Pens. They don't seem to be much better then their opponent, but they always find a way to win. I think they have a very good coach, or they just have two great players that get them over the hump.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 05:06 PM

They haven't won a game there all season long so taking one at the Garden will be a major accomplishment for the Pens. I fully expect this series to go back to Mellon arena tied at 2.

First team to lose at home will lose this series.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 05:13 PM
They haven't won a game there all season long so taking one at the Garden will be a major accomplishment for the Pens. I fully expect this series to go back to Mellon arena tied at 2.

Yeah I was at one of the Penguin-Ranger games at MSG and I wanted to hide by the end of it....They only had like 10 shots on net and zero actual scoring opportunities. I wouldn't be suprised (but no too happy about it) if the series came back to Pittsburgh tied up.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 05:16 PM
That's what's amazing about the Pens. They don't seem to be much better then their opponent, but they always find a way to win. I think they have a very good coach, or they just have two great players that get them over the hump.

Two? How many top 6 picks do they have in that lineup?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Whitney, Flurey... Am I missing anyone else? The Rangers have a nice young core of players, the Pens core is made up of elite draft picks.

The only way to beat them is to either have an elite defense, forwards who can push their young players around or a litte bit of both.

Still don't think Flurey is good enough to take them all the way and this series is far from over but lets not kid our selves TT, this has nothing to do with coaching, this is the Penguins franchise reaping the benefits of sucking for 5 years and lucking out in the lottery draft. These aren't guys they brought along in their system and developed, these are guys who were sure fire NHL'ers (two of whom are already superstars and another who may become one soon) the second their names were called out at the podium on draft day. They'll run into a problem eventually when they have to pay all these guys but that wont be an issue for at least another 2 years.

Kluivert4Ever
04-27-08, 05:20 PM

Agreed 100%.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 05:25 PM

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Whitney, Flurey... Am I missing anyone else? The Rangers have a nice young core of players, the Pens core is made up of elite draft picks.

The only way to beat them is to either have an elite defense, forwards who can push their young players around or a litte bit of both.

Still don't think Flurey is good enough to take them all the way and this series is far from over but lets not kid our selves TT, this has nothing to do with coaching, this is the Penguins franchise reaping the benefits of sucking for 5 years and lucking out in the lottery draft. These aren't guys they brought along in their system and developed, these are guys who were sure fire NHL'ers (two of whom are already superstars and another who may become one soon) the second their names were called out at the podium on draft day. They'll run into a problem eventually when they have to pay all these guys but that wont be an issue for at least another 2 years.

Yeah I am not looking forward to that decision day....Fleury (and Malone) is a FA after this season so we will see what direction they go in.....Crosby and Whitney are locked up for a little while but it will take some big bucks to sign up Malkin and Staal long-term....

Not that I am complaining because I think Malkin is the man but the year him and Ovechkin were drafted 1-2 the Penguins had the worst record and did not luck out in that lottery. The number two pick netted us Malkin so like I said I can't complain but can you imagine if the Penguins had gotten the first pick and Corsby and Ovechkin were on the same team??

trentonthunder
04-27-08, 05:44 PM

Crosby and Malkin are still the only two great players they have. Fluery is nothing special, and not as good as Henrik. Look at the 1990 draft when Broduer and Jagr were drafted. Not many great players in there, but just some solid NHL players.

<TABLE class=sortable id=sortableTable0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><THEAD><TR><TH class=rtext colSpan=6> </TH><TH class=rtext colSpan=5>NHL Totals</TH></TR><TR><TH class=rtext>Round (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Num. (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Drafted By (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Player (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Pos (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Drafted From (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>GP (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>G (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>A (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Pts (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>PIM (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class="shade4 th">1</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1</TD><TD class="shade4 th">Quebec (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000047.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 th" width="25%">Owen Nolan (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3983)</TD><TD class="shade4 th">R</TD><TD class="shade4 th">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1068</TD><TD class="shade4 th">381</TD><TD class="shade4 th">426</TD><TD class="shade4 th">807</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1727</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Petr Nedved (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3927)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">982</TD><TD class="shade4 ">310</TD><TD class="shade4 ">407</TD><TD class="shade4 ">717</TD><TD class="shade4 ">708</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">3</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Detroit (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000034.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Keith Primeau (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=725)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">909</TD><TD class="shade4 ">266</TD><TD class="shade4 ">353</TD><TD class="shade4 ">619</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1541</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">4</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Philadelphia (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000053.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Mike Ricci (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4543)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Peterborough Petes [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1099</TD><TD class="shade4 ">243</TD><TD class="shade4 ">362</TD><TD class="shade4 ">605</TD><TD class="shade4 ">979</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">5</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Pittsburgh (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000050.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Jaromir Jagr (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2497)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kladno [Czech]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1273</TD><TD class="shade4 ">646</TD><TD class="shade4 ">953</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1599</TD><TD class="shade4 ">907</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">6</TD><TD class="shade4 ">NY Islanders (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000052.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Scott Scissons (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4833)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Saskatoon Blades [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">7</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Los Angeles (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000040.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Darryl Sydor (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5281)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kamloops Blazers [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1171</TD><TD class="shade4 ">95</TD><TD class="shade4 ">389</TD><TD class="shade4 ">484</TD><TD class="shade4 ">722</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">8</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Minnesota (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000037.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Derian Hatcher (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2191)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1045</TD><TD class="shade4 ">80</TD><TD class="shade4 ">251</TD><TD class="shade4 ">331</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1581</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">9</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Washington (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000049.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">John Slaney (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3893)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">268</TD><TD class="shade4 ">22</TD><TD class="shade4 ">69</TD><TD class="shade4 ">91</TD><TD class="shade4 ">99</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">10</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Toronto (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000038.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Drake Berehowsky (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=336)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kingston Frontenacs [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">549</TD><TD class="shade4 ">37</TD><TD class="shade4 ">112</TD><TD class="shade4 ">149</TD><TD class="shade4 ">848</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">11</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Calgary (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000043.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Trevor Kidd (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2713)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">G</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">387</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">36</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">12</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Mtl. Canadiens (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000045.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Turner Stevenson (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5183)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">644</TD><TD class="shade4 ">75</TD><TD class="shade4 ">115</TD><TD class="shade4 ">190</TD><TD class="shade4 ">969</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">NY Rangers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000048.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Michael Stewart (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5194)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Michigan State University [NCAA]</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">14</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Buffalo (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000033.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Brad May (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3480)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">943</TD><TD class="shade4 ">126</TD><TD class="shade4 ">154</TD><TD class="shade4 ">280</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2093</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">15</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Hartford (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000046.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Mark Greig (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2030)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Lethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">125</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">27</TD><TD class="shade4 ">40</TD><TD class="shade4 ">90</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">16</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Chicago (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000035.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Karl Dykhuis (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=1510)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Hull Olympiques [QMJHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">644</TD><TD class="shade4 ">42</TD><TD class="shade4 ">91</TD><TD class="shade4 ">133</TD><TD class="shade4 ">495</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">17</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Edmonton (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000041.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Scott Allison (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=53)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">W</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Prince Albert Raiders [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">18</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Shawn Antoski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=92)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">183</TD><TD class="shade4 ">3</TD><TD class="shade4 ">5</TD><TD class="shade4 ">8</TD><TD class="shade4 ">599</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">19</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Winnipeg (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000042.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Keith Tkachuk (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5414)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Malden</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1055</TD><TD class="shade4 ">500</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">20</TD><TD class="shade4 ">New Jersey (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000051.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Martin Brodeur (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=587)</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">21</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Boston (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000032.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Bryan Smolinski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5060)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 05:51 PM
Yeah I am not looking forward to that decision day....Fleury (and Malone) is a FA after this season so we will see what direction they go in.....Crosby and Whitney are locked up for a little while but it will take some big bucks to sign up Malkin and Staal long-term....

Not that I am complaining because I think Malkin is the man but the year him and Ovechkin were drafted 1-2 the Penguins had the worst record and did not luck out in that lottery. The number two pick netted us Malkin so like I said I can't complain but can you imagine if the Penguins had gotten the first pick and Corsby and Ovechkin were on the same team??

Actually, drafting #2 in 2004 helped the Pens get Crosby.

If you drafted #1 in 2004, the Pens wouldn't have gotten the #1 pick in 2005. They had those crazy rules with the ping pong balls and teams who picked #1 within recent years would have less balls in the machine.

Would you rather have Ovechkin and another player, or Malkin and Crosby?

trentonthunder
04-27-08, 05:55 PM

Malkin and Crosby

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 05:56 PM
Crosby and Malkin are still the only two great players they have. Fluery is nothing special, and not as good as Henrik. Look at the 1990 draft when Broduer and Jagr were drafted. Not many great players in there, but just some solid NHL players.

<table class="sortable" id="sortableTable0" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><thead><tr><th class="rtext" colspan="6"> </th><th class="rtext" colspan="5">NHL Totals</th></tr><tr><th class="rtext">Round (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Num. (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Drafted By (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Player (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Pos (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Drafted From (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">GP (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">G (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">A (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">Pts (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th><th class="rtext">PIM (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="shade4 th">1</td><td class="shade4 th">1</td><td class="shade4 th">Quebec (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000047.html)</td><td class="shade4 th" width="25%">Owen Nolan (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3983)</td><td class="shade4 th">R</td><td class="shade4 th">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</td><td class="shade4 th">1068</td><td class="shade4 th">381</td><td class="shade4 th">426</td><td class="shade4 th">807</td><td class="shade4 th">1727</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">2</td><td class="shade4">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Petr Nedved (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3927)</td><td class="shade4">L</td><td class="shade4">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">982</td><td class="shade4">310</td><td class="shade4">407</td><td class="shade4">717</td><td class="shade4">708</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">3</td><td class="shade4">Detroit (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000034.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Keith Primeau (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=725)</td><td class="shade4">C</td><td class="shade4">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">909</td><td class="shade4">266</td><td class="shade4">353</td><td class="shade4">619</td><td class="shade4">1541</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">4</td><td class="shade4">Philadelphia (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000053.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Mike Ricci (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4543)</td><td class="shade4">C</td><td class="shade4">Peterborough Petes [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">1099</td><td class="shade4">243</td><td class="shade4">362</td><td class="shade4">605</td><td class="shade4">979</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">5</td><td class="shade4">Pittsburgh (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000050.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Jaromir Jagr (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2497)</td><td class="shade4">R</td><td class="shade4">Kladno [Czech]</td><td class="shade4">1273</td><td class="shade4">646</td><td class="shade4">953</td><td class="shade4">1599</td><td class="shade4">907</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">6</td><td class="shade4">NY Islanders (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000052.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Scott Scissons (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4833)</td><td class="shade4">C</td><td class="shade4">Saskatoon Blades [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">2</td><td class="shade4">0</td><td class="shade4">0</td><td class="shade4">0</td><td class="shade4">0</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">7</td><td class="shade4">Los Angeles (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000040.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Darryl Sydor (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5281)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">Kamloops Blazers [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">1171</td><td class="shade4">95</td><td class="shade4">389</td><td class="shade4">484</td><td class="shade4">722</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">8</td><td class="shade4">Minnesota (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000037.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Derian Hatcher (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2191)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">1045</td><td class="shade4">80</td><td class="shade4">251</td><td class="shade4">331</td><td class="shade4">1581</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">9</td><td class="shade4">Washington (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000049.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">John Slaney (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3893)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">268</td><td class="shade4">22</td><td class="shade4">69</td><td class="shade4">91</td><td class="shade4">99</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">10</td><td class="shade4">Toronto (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000038.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Drake Berehowsky (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=336)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">Kingston Frontenacs [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">549</td><td class="shade4">37</td><td class="shade4">112</td><td class="shade4">149</td><td class="shade4">848</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">11</td><td class="shade4">Calgary (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000043.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Trevor Kidd (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2713)</td><td class="shade4">G</td><td class="shade4">Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">387</td><td class="shade4">0</td><td class="shade4">13</td><td class="shade4">13</td><td class="shade4">36</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">12</td><td class="shade4">Mtl. Canadiens (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000045.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Turner Stevenson (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5183)</td><td class="shade4">R</td><td class="shade4">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">644</td><td class="shade4">75</td><td class="shade4">115</td><td class="shade4">190</td><td class="shade4">969</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">13</td><td class="shade4">NY Rangers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000048.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Michael Stewart (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5194)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">Michigan State University [NCAA]</td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">14</td><td class="shade4">Buffalo (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000033.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Brad May (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3480)</td><td class="shade4">L</td><td class="shade4">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">943</td><td class="shade4">126</td><td class="shade4">154</td><td class="shade4">280</td><td class="shade4">2093</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">15</td><td class="shade4">Hartford (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000046.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Mark Greig (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2030)</td><td class="shade4">R</td><td class="shade4">Lethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]</td><td class="shade4">125</td><td class="shade4">13</td><td class="shade4">27</td><td class="shade4">40</td><td class="shade4">90</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">16</td><td class="shade4">Chicago (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000035.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Karl Dykhuis (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=1510)</td><td class="shade4">D</td><td class="shade4">Hull Olympiques [QMJHL]</td><td class="shade4">644</td><td class="shade4">42</td><td class="shade4">91</td><td class="shade4">133</td><td class="shade4">495</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">17</td><td class="shade4">Edmonton (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000041.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Scott Allison (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=53)</td><td class="shade4">W</td><td class="shade4">Prince Albert Raiders [WHL]</td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">18</td><td class="shade4">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Shawn Antoski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=92)</td><td class="shade4">L</td><td class="shade4">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</td><td class="shade4">183</td><td class="shade4">3</td><td class="shade4">5</td><td class="shade4">8</td><td class="shade4">599</td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">19</td><td class="shade4">Winnipeg (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000042.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Keith Tkachuk (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5414)</td><td class="shade4">C</td><td class="shade4">Malden</td><td class="shade4">1055</td><td class="shade4">500</td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">20</td><td class="shade4">New Jersey (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000051.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Martin Brodeur (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=587)</td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td><td class="shade4"></td></tr><tr><td class="shade4">1</td><td class="shade4">21</td><td class="shade4">Boston (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000032.html)</td><td class="shade4" width="25%">Bryan Smolinski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5060)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Look at the top 5 of the draft....

All those guys were sure fire NHLers. Nedved had a nice career, Ricci had a very solid career, Nolan and Premieu were both Very good and Jagr of course is a Hall of Famer. It's very hard to miss when you pick that high.

I think you're selling Jordan Staal a little short. Remember the kid is only 19! When push comes to shove a few years from now and the Pens have to pick between losing Malkin or Staal, I think Malkin will be the one to go.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 05:58 PM
Actually, drafting #2 in 2004 helped the Pens get Crosby.

If you drafted #1 in 2004, the Pens wouldn't have gotten the #1 pick in 2005. They had those crazy rules with the ping pong balls and teams who picked #1 within recent years would have less balls in the machine.

Ahh I did not realize they lessened the chance of receiving the #1 pick the next year regardless of record......The obvious choice is Crosby and Malkin.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 06:02 PM
Ahh I did not realize they lessened the chance of receiving the #1 pick the next year regardless of record......The obvious choice is Crosby and Malkin.

Yeah man, some teams moved up big time during the lock out year. The Ducks moved all the way to #2 in the 2005 draft :eek:

And they ................ed up by picking local boy Bobby Ryan. He will still probably make the NHL as your regular 2nd liner but there were other players picked after him who will be much better. They can't complain much since they had Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry fall into their laps.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 06:08 PM
Yeah man, some teams moved up big time during the lock out year. The Ducks moved all the way to #2 in the 2005 draft :eek:

And they ................ed up by picking local boy Bobby Ryan. He will still probably make the NHL as your regular 2nd liner but there were other players picked after him who will be much better. They can't complain much since they had Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry fall into their laps.

Yeah they can't complain about getting Getzlaf or Perry but I am sure they would trade Ryan for Jack Johnson though...What round was Lundqvist drafted in again?

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 06:31 PM
Yeah they can't complain about getting Getzlaf or Perry but I am sure they would trade Ryan for Jack Johnson though...What round was Lundqvist drafted in again?

Im sure the Ducks would make that trade and Im sure the Kings wouldnt.

Lundqvist was drafted in the 7th round of the 2000 draft, the draft where the Islanders made Rick DiPietro the first goalie ever taken first overall. How do u think they feel about the Rangers getting the better goalie 6 rounds later?

Pinstripedbass
04-27-08, 06:34 PM

<TABLE class=sortable id=sortableTable0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><THEAD><TR><TH class=rtext colSpan=6></TH><TH class=rtext colSpan=5>NHL Totals</TH></TR><TR><TH class=rtext>Round (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Num. (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Drafted By (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Player (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Pos (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Drafted From (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>GP (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>G (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>A (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>Pts (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH><TH class=rtext>PIM (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html#) </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class="shade4 th">1</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1</TD><TD class="shade4 th">Quebec (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000047.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 th" width="25%">Owen Nolan (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3983)</TD><TD class="shade4 th">R</TD><TD class="shade4 th">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1068</TD><TD class="shade4 th">381</TD><TD class="shade4 th">426</TD><TD class="shade4 th">807</TD><TD class="shade4 th">1727</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Petr Nedved (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3927)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">982</TD><TD class="shade4 ">310</TD><TD class="shade4 ">407</TD><TD class="shade4 ">717</TD><TD class="shade4 ">708</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">3</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Detroit (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000034.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Keith Primeau (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=725)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">909</TD><TD class="shade4 ">266</TD><TD class="shade4 ">353</TD><TD class="shade4 ">619</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1541</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">4</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Philadelphia (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000053.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Mike Ricci (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4543)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Peterborough Petes [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1099</TD><TD class="shade4 ">243</TD><TD class="shade4 ">362</TD><TD class="shade4 ">605</TD><TD class="shade4 ">979</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">5</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Pittsburgh (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000050.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Jaromir Jagr (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2497)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kladno [Czech]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1273</TD><TD class="shade4 ">646</TD><TD class="shade4 ">953</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1599</TD><TD class="shade4 ">907</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">6</TD><TD class="shade4 ">NY Islanders (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000052.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Scott Scissons (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=4833)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Saskatoon Blades [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">7</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Los Angeles (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000040.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Darryl Sydor (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5281)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kamloops Blazers [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1171</TD><TD class="shade4 ">95</TD><TD class="shade4 ">389</TD><TD class="shade4 ">484</TD><TD class="shade4 ">722</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">8</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Minnesota (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000037.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Derian Hatcher (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2191)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1045</TD><TD class="shade4 ">80</TD><TD class="shade4 ">251</TD><TD class="shade4 ">331</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1581</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">9</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Washington (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000049.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">John Slaney (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3893)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Cornwall Royals [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">268</TD><TD class="shade4 ">22</TD><TD class="shade4 ">69</TD><TD class="shade4 ">91</TD><TD class="shade4 ">99</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">10</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Toronto (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000038.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Drake Berehowsky (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=336)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Kingston Frontenacs [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">549</TD><TD class="shade4 ">37</TD><TD class="shade4 ">112</TD><TD class="shade4 ">149</TD><TD class="shade4 ">848</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">11</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Calgary (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000043.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Trevor Kidd (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2713)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">G</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">387</TD><TD class="shade4 ">0</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">36</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">12</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Mtl. Canadiens (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000045.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Turner Stevenson (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5183)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">644</TD><TD class="shade4 ">75</TD><TD class="shade4 ">115</TD><TD class="shade4 ">190</TD><TD class="shade4 ">969</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">NY Rangers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000048.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Michael Stewart (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5194)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Michigan State University [NCAA]</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">14</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Buffalo (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000033.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Brad May (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3480)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">943</TD><TD class="shade4 ">126</TD><TD class="shade4 ">154</TD><TD class="shade4 ">280</TD><TD class="shade4 ">2093</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">15</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Hartford (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000046.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Mark Greig (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2030)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">R</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Lethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">125</TD><TD class="shade4 ">13</TD><TD class="shade4 ">27</TD><TD class="shade4 ">40</TD><TD class="shade4 ">90</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">16</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Chicago (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000035.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Karl Dykhuis (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=1510)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">D</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Hull Olympiques [QMJHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">644</TD><TD class="shade4 ">42</TD><TD class="shade4 ">91</TD><TD class="shade4 ">133</TD><TD class="shade4 ">495</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">17</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Edmonton (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000041.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Scott Allison (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=53)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">W</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Prince Albert Raiders [WHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">18</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Vancouver (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000039.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Shawn Antoski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=92)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">L</TD><TD class="shade4 ">North Bay Centennials [OHL]</TD><TD class="shade4 ">183</TD><TD class="shade4 ">3</TD><TD class="shade4 ">5</TD><TD class="shade4 ">8</TD><TD class="shade4 ">599</TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">19</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Winnipeg (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000042.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Keith Tkachuk (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5414)</TD><TD class="shade4 ">C</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Malden</TD><TD class="shade4 ">1055</TD><TD class="shade4 ">500</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">20</TD><TD class="shade4 ">New Jersey (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000051.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Martin Brodeur (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=587)</TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD><TD class="shade4 "></TD></TR><TR><TD class="shade4 ">1</TD><TD class="shade4 ">21</TD><TD class="shade4 ">Boston (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr000032.html)</TD><TD class="shade4 " width="25%">Bryan Smolinski (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5060)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lots of serviceable NHL players came out of that 1st round.

Scott Scissons! What was Bill Torrey thinking that year.:dunno:
Actually, I know what he was thinking. Another WHL player to go with Chevaldayoff and Chyzowski. Ugh. In a way, those first round picks helped kill the franchise as much as the ownership issues of John Pickett, John Spano, and Millstein & Gluckstern.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 06:35 PM
Im sure the Ducks would make that trade and Im sure the Kings wouldnt.

Lundqvist was drafted in the 7th round of the 2000 draft, the draft where the Islanders made Rick DiPietro the first goalie ever taken first overall. How do u think they feel about the Rangers getting the better goalie 6 rounds later?

Haha probably just as annoyed as every other team that passed up on him......Especially since instead of drafting Fleury in 2003 we could have nabbed Phaneuf, Vanek, Getzlaf, or a bunch of other good options in that draft....Haha but he is the perfect example of striking gold in the late rounds...The Penguins did it to a much lesser extent with Talbot and Letang.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 06:43 PM
Haha probably just as annoyed as every other team that passed up on him......

Evgeni Nabakov was a 9th round pick back in the day when the draft went that long, Miikka Kiprusoff was a 5th round pick, Marty Turco was a fifth round pick - see a trend there? ;) Kipper and Nabakov were both playing for the Sharks at one time :eek:

I've never been a fan of taking a Goalie with a high first round pick. Hated it when the Rangers did it with Montoya.

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 06:48 PM
Especially since instead of drafting Fleury in 2003 we could have nabbed Phaneuf, Vanek, Getzlaf, or a bunch of other good options in that draft....Haha but he is the perfect example of striking gold in the late rounds...The Penguins did it to a much lesser extent with Talbot and Letang.

How you gonna leave Eric Staal off that list? He was taken right after Flurey in that draft.

Talbot is a nice depth guy but Letang is a guy who can be pretty good. Wouldn't really call him a late round steal since he got taken pretty early (third round right?) Guys like Alfredsson, Lundqvist, Zetterberg are late round gems. Luc Robataille is the best example of one.

wang+cano=future
04-27-08, 07:00 PM
How you gonna leave Eric Staal off that list? He was taken right after Flurey in that draft.

Talbot is a nice depth guy but Letang is a guy who can be pretty good. Wouldn't really call him a late round steal since he got taken pretty early (third round right?) Guys like Alfredsson, Lundqvist, Zetterberg are late round gems. Luc Robataille is the best example of one.

Yeah they got Letang in the third round....Haha I forgot about Eric Staal.....When is Jared Staal going to be eligible for the draft?

CanoForPresident
04-27-08, 07:17 PM
Yeah they got Letang in the third round....Haha I forgot about Eric Staal.....When is Jared Staal going to be eligible for the draft?

This year.

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 08:51 PM
One Period in the books from HP Pavilion.

San Jose Sharks and Dallas Stars tied at 1-1.

Joe Pavelski scored a power play goal as the Sharks drew first blood.
Mike Ribeiro ties it by banking his shot off Evgeni Nabokov.

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 09:53 PM
Milan Michalek's goal the only goal in the 2nd period.

The San Jose Sharks lead the Dallas Stars, 2-1 after 2.

Craig Rivet, SJS: 2 A, +1, 4 Hits

Shots on Goal: SJS 24, DAL 17
Faceoff Wins: SJS 17, DAL 12
Hits: SJS 31, DAL 18

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 10:20 PM
The Dallas Stars have broke the San Jose Sharks' backs with three goals in the 3rd so far.

A lot of giveaways by the Sharks.

Dallas leads San Jose 4-2 3rd 4:10

BroadwayBomber55
04-27-08, 10:35 PM
The Dallas Stars went into San Jose and win both games on the road.

The Stars head back to Big D with a 2-0 series lead over the San Jose Sharks with a 5-2 win.

One night it was Brenden Morrow in Game 1, tonight it was Brad Richards. Richards with 4 points tonight.

The Sharks played well in the first 40 minutes, but turnovers and mental lapses cost them in the 3rd.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Brenden Morrow, DAL: 1 A, +1, 7 SOG, 5 Hits

2nd Star: Marty Turco, DAL: 29 saves on 31 SOG

1st Star: Brad Richards, DAL: 1 G, 3 A, +2

Top HM: Niklas Hagman, DAL: 2 G, +2, 3 SOG; Mike Ribiero, DAL: 1 G, +1, 3 SOG, 3 Hits, 2 Takeaways; Mike Modano, DAL: 1 G; Craig Rivet, SJS: 2 A, 4 Hits

wang+cano=future
04-28-08, 09:35 AM
This year.

Isn't he the highest rated Staal coming out of juniors?

njdhockey
04-28-08, 10:21 AM
Isn't he the highest rated Staal coming out of juniors?
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that he is the least rated one. I think he is projected to go in the later rounds and he may be picked more on his name than ability.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 11:32 AM
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that he is the least rated one. I think he is projected to go in the later rounds and he may be picked more on his name than ability.

You're right.

Jared Staal will be a 3rd-5th round pick and may go as high as mid 2nd round based on blood lines alone.

wang+cano=future
04-28-08, 02:21 PM
You're right.

Jared Staal will be a 3rd-5th round pick and may go as high as mid 2nd round based on blood lines alone.

Ahh okay...For some reason I was under the impression that he was the best of the bunch but, like you said, it probably has to do with the last name.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 03:35 PM
Ahh okay...For some reason I was under the impression that he was the best of the bunch but, like you said, it probably has to do with the last name.

Every one gets Jared and Jordan mixed up.

FWIW, I think it'll pan out like this

Jordan
Marc
Eric
Jared

People have to remember that Jordan Staal is 19 years old. He does everything you can ask for from a hockey player.

sprucemoose
04-28-08, 04:57 PM

Jordan
Marc
Eric
Jared

People have to remember that Jordan Staal is 19 years old. He does everything you can ask for from a hockey player.

Surprising where you rank Jordan and Eric. I've watched those two since they were juniors (they both played for the Peterborough Petes in my hometown), and I've always seen Eric as a much superior player. Jordan seems to be a bit stronger defensively, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Just my opinion, but if I can only take one Staal, it would be Eric.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 05:11 PM
Surprising where you rank Jordan and Eric. I've watched those two since they were juniors (they both played for the Peterborough Petes in my hometown), and I've always seen Eric as a much superior player. Jordan seems to be a bit stronger defensively, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Just my opinion, but if I can only take one Staal, it would be Eric.

Jordan scored 29 goals as an 18 year old rookie so he isn't that bad of a finisher. He had a really poor year this season but he is closer to the player we saw last year than this year.

Eric is a better offensive player but Jordan is the better 2 way player. Will Jordan ever put up 100 points? probably not but 80 points while playing a strong defensive game and being a threat on the penalty kill is enough for me to put him over Eric, who isnt exactly a great defensive player.

Can't go wrong with either of them. Just out of curiosity, how would u rank the Staals?

montrealer
04-28-08, 05:32 PM
Well.....just got to the Pub...........big game tonite...

montrealer
04-28-08, 05:59 PM
There`s a calm here........I think like myself we know the Habs play better on the road......guess will see...

Pinstripedbass
04-28-08, 06:16 PM
There`s a calm here........I think like myself we know the Habs play better on the road......guess will see...

There's a calm there because everyone's already had "a few":gulp:

Go Habs Go.

montrealer
04-28-08, 06:21 PM
:lol: Koivu loses the puck on a break away

montrealer
04-28-08, 06:22 PM
There's a calm there because everyone's already had "a few":gulp:

Go Habs Go.

Yeah.....Had my 1st at 3:30.....:gulp:

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 06:24 PM
:lol: Koivu loses the puck on a break away

It still almost slid under Biron.

montrealer
04-28-08, 06:37 PM
should be 3-0......but hockeys funny that way

wang+cano=future
04-28-08, 07:11 PM

Jordan
Marc
Eric
Jared

Yeah I was happy when the Penguins took him instead of the hyped Kessel that year with the #2 pick......

Out of curiousity how many of the following group do you think will remain Penguins for the rest (or majority) of their career?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Hossa, Fluery, Whitney, Malone (even though he is not really in their class)

wang+cano=future
04-28-08, 07:12 PM

I really hope the Canadiens can keep getting chances because hopefully eventually some of them will go in....I really hate the Flyers.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 07:22 PM
Yeah I was happy when the Penguins took him instead of the hyped Kessel that year with the #2 pick......

Out of curiousity how many of the following group do you think will remain Penguins for the rest (or majority) of their career?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Hossa, Fluery, Whitney, Malone (even though he is not really in their class)

Crosby, Flurey, Whitney and Staal..

I think Malkin will leave via Free Agency eventually and Malone and Hossa will walk this year.

If the pens maket eh mistake of signing Hossa long term for 7+ mill per, they're really gonan regret it.

Price just gave up another bad goal.

montrealer
04-28-08, 07:28 PM
I really hope the Canadiens can keep getting chances because hopefully eventually some of them will go in....I really hate the Flyers.
Well.......we`re getting our chances......nothing wants to go in.....:lol:

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 07:34 PM
2-0 flyers.

Another softie by Price.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 07:40 PM
3-0

The price is wrong tonight!

sprucemoose
04-28-08, 07:41 PM
Jordan scored 29 goals as an 18 year old rookie so he isn't that bad of a finisher. He had a really poor year this season but he is closer to the player we saw last year than this year.

Eric is a better offensive player but Jordan is the better 2 way player. Will Jordan ever put up 100 points? probably not but 80 points while playing a strong defensive game and being a threat on the penalty kill is enough for me to put him over Eric, who isnt exactly a great defensive player.

Can't go wrong with either of them. Just out of curiosity, how would u rank the Staals?

I'm not sure how I'd rank them, since I haven't seen enough of Marc and Jared. I see your point about Jordan. I've always been a big fan of Eric, which may be blinding me a bit regarding Jordan. Plus, Jordan cost me big in my office fantasy league this year.

wang+cano=future
04-28-08, 07:43 PM
Freaking Flyers

BroadwayBomber55
2-0 flyers.

Another softie by Price.
Les Habs also continues to struggle on their power play.

wang+cano=future
Nice save by Biron....

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 07:49 PM
Freaking Flyers

those freaking Flyers should be on the verge of taking a 3-0 series lead if not for the refs in game 1.

They're getting hot at the right time.

BroadwayBomber55
04-28-08, 08:08 PM
Carey Price pulled to start the 3rd. Jaroslav Halak in for the Montreal Canadiens.

BroadwayBomber55
04-28-08, 08:21 PM
It's now a 3-2 Flyers lead 11:00 3rd.

Derian Hatcher received a game misconduct penalty for boarding Francois Bouillon and the Canadiens scored 2 PPG so far in the 5-minute major power play.

montrealer
04-28-08, 08:24 PM
It's now a 3-2 Flyers lead 11:00 3rd.

Derian Hatcher received a game misconduct penalty for boarding Francois Bouillion and the Canadiens scored 2 PPG so far in the 5-minute major power play.
Not so sure that was worth 5 min. but I`ll take it....

YanksFan1992
04-28-08, 08:44 PM
Philly prevails 3-2 and they take a 2-1 series lead over Montreal. :(

BroadwayBomber55
04-28-08, 08:44 PM
Martin Biron the hero tonight for the Flyers with 32 saves.

The Canadiens turned up the heat in the 3rd with 2 PPG from a 5-minute boarding penalty by Derian Hatcher, who also received a game misconduct, but a lot of effective shotblocking and Biron closing the door pulled the Flyers ahead tonight.

trentonthunder
04-28-08, 08:48 PM
Derian Hatcher received a game misconduct penalty for boarding Francois Bouillon .

Derian Hatcher received a game misconduct penalty for checking Bouillon.

trentonthunder
04-28-08, 08:50 PM
Anyone have a link to an english Montreal sports page on the web ?
I'd like to hear their sports writers analyze this series.

Jason Smith was a beast tonight. 1st star in my book. Richards did well too.

trentonthunder
04-28-08, 08:51 PM
Not so sure that was worth 5 min. but I`ll take it....

Not so sure that was even worth two minutes.

njdhockey
04-28-08, 08:52 PM
Philly is looking good. Series should be 3-0 rather than 2-1. I still think Philly wins this in 6.

njdhockey
04-28-08, 08:53 PM
Not so sure that was even worth two minutes.
I agree. I could understand 2 minutes, but I thought the refs really overreacted with the 5 minute call.

CanoForPresident
04-28-08, 09:03 PM
I agree. I could understand 2 minutes, but I thought the refs really overreacted with the 5 minute call.

Hell yeah he overracted. That was bull .................

Flyers are on fire right now. Carey Price needs to get it together if the Habs want to win another game in this series.

StatenIslandYankee
04-28-08, 09:29 PM
Philly looked good .... real good.

BroadwayBomber55
04-28-08, 09:49 PM
BB55's 3-Stars: Eastern Conference Semifinals - Game 3: Philadelphia Flyers 3, Montreal Canadiens 2

3rd Star: Saku Koivu, MTL: 1 G, 5 SOG, 50.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: RJ Umberger, PHI: 1 G, +1, 4 SOG, 2 Takeaways

1st Star: Martin Biron, PHI: 32 saves on 34 SOG

Top HM: Mike Richards, PHI: 1 G, +2, 3 SOG, 57.0% Faceoff Wins; Jeff Carter, PHI: 1 A, +3, 55.0 % Faceoff Wins; Kimmo Timonen, PHI: +2, 5 Blocked Shots; Randy Jones, PHI: +1, 7 Blocked Shots; Guillaume Latendresse, MTL: 1 A, 5 SOG, 5 Hits

BroadwayBomber55
04-28-08, 09:53 PM
Hell yeah he overracted. That was bull .................

Flyers are on fire right now. Carey Price needs to get it together if the Habs want to win another game in this series.
The Flyers in the East and the Stars in the West are the two hottest teams in the playoffs right now.

trentonthunder
04-29-08, 05:42 AM
Philly looked good .... real good.

Montreal's checking philosophy is killing them in their offensive zone. They're sending one down low and keeping two on the boards looking for panicking Flyer defensemen just throwing it up the boards. Philadelphia is making the one Hab forechecker look silly. The Hab is coming at the D with speed, but not taking the body. Just pressuring him to try to cause a turnover. The Flyer D is just calmly switching the puck to the other D hanging out on the other side of the net. The Habs refuse to send two forecheckers down low. The Habs need to send 4 forecheckers into the offensive zone if they want to win this series. Two down low, and two on the boards. They have the speed to do it, but it doesn't appear that they have the desire to, or are being coached not to.

montrealer
04-29-08, 05:57 AM
Anyone have a link to an english Montreal sports page on the web ?
I'd like to hear their sports writers analyze this series.

Jason Smith was a beast tonight. 1st star in my book. Richards did well too.
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/canadiens/index.html

montrealer
04-29-08, 06:03 AM
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/canadiens/index.html
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/

montrealer
04-29-08, 06:10 AM
Pat Hickey travels with the team....maybe this is what you`re looking for

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=aab13018-e325-4607-8cfc-f6e917eb4dfc&k=36788

cupcollector99
04-29-08, 07:05 AM
I haven't been paying that much attention to the playoffs so far but are the Penguins that much better than the Rangers? Or is this a case of hot goalie and great luck?

trentonthunder
04-29-08, 07:29 AM
Pat Hickey travels with the team....maybe this is what you`re looking for

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=aab13018-e325-4607-8cfc-f6e917eb4dfc&k=36788

Thanks. It's true that the Canadians could have won that game probably 5-2 last night if not for the posts, Biron, bouncing pucks, and soft goaltending. I don't see them as down and out. Philadelphia just has the better goalie, and is getting some breaks go their way. However, Philly should probably be up 3-0 right now if a break went their way. It really has been a series of breaks and goaltending.

trentonthunder
04-29-08, 07:30 AM
I haven't been paying that much attention to the playoffs so far but are the Penguins that much better than the Rangers? Or is this a case of hot goalie and great luck?

No, they're not much better, but they are just a little better.

montrealer
04-29-08, 08:22 AM
Thanks. It's true that the Canadians could have won that game probably 5-2 last night if not for the posts, Biron, bouncing pucks, and soft goaltending. I don't see them as down and out. Philadelphia just has the better goalie, and is getting some breaks go their way. However, Philly should probably be up 3-0 right now if a break went their way. It really has been a series of breaks and goaltending.
Yeah..........either team could be up 2-1.....as always in the Stanley Cup it`s the Goalie that makes the difference.
By the way......Price will be in nets again tomorrow.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:15 PM
One goal so far through two periods in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals between the San Jose Sharks and Dallas Stars.

Patrick Marleau scored a shorthanded goal in the 1st period to give the Sharks a 1-0 lead through 2 periods.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:17 PM
Meanwhile in Madison Square Garden, the Pittsburgh Penguins lead the New York Rangers 5-3 12:50 3rd.

Evgeni Malkin with three points.

wang+cano=future
04-29-08, 08:19 PM
Great hustle by Staal on the penalty kill............

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:21 PM
Great hustle by Staal on the penalty kill............
It has been a close series between the Pens and Rangers so far. At even strength, the Rangers may have the edge in that department, but on special teams, the Pens are dominant in that department.

wang+cano=future
04-29-08, 08:26 PM
It has been a close series between the Pens and Rangers so far. At even strength, the Rangers may have the edge in that department, but on special teams, the Pens are dominant in that department.

Yeah I agree....Pens just killed off another big powerplay on the Hall interference.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:26 PM
The Rangers have been competitive in games, but the Penguins execute a little better because of special teams and Marc-Andre Fleury outplaying Henrik Lundqvist.

dabomb2045
04-29-08, 08:27 PM
Yeah I agree....Pens just killed off another big powerplay on the Hall interference.

Pretty easy to kill off a PP when the other team just stands around and does nothing instead pass the puck around the perimeter

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:29 PM
Pretty easy to kill off a PP when the other team just stands around and does nothing instead pass the puck around the perimeter
You gotta move your feet at all times whether it's power play, even strength, or shorthanded.

wang+cano=future
04-29-08, 08:30 PM

Well the Penguin PK was taking away opportunities so all they could do was pass it around so they deserve some credit other than the Rangers doing jack.......The games far from over anyway....

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:33 PM
Meanwhile, the Dallas Stars tie it up on the Power Play with Sergei Zubov.

16:11 3rd

DAL 1, SJS 1

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:38 PM
Craig Rivet took a massive collison after Brenden Morrow crushed Brian Campbell and Campbell pummeled Rivet.

Rivet is ok.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:40 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins put the New York Rangers on the brink of elimination.

The Pens defeat the Broadway Blueshirts, 5-3 in Game 3.

PIT leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-0.

The special teams battle was won by the Penguins again. Chris Drury was also injured and left the game.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Jarmoir Jagr, NYR: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 10 Hits, 2 Hits, 1 Takeaway

2nd Star: Evgeni Malkin, PIT: 2 G, 1 A, 3 SOG

1st Star: Marc-Andre Fleury, PIT: 36 saves on 39 SOG

Top HM: Hall Gill, PIT: 2 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; Sergei Gonchar, PIT: 2 A, +1, 2 Hits; Marian Hossa, PIT: 1 G, 1 A, 2 Hits; Brooks Orpik, PIT: 2 Blocked Shots, 6 Hits; Robert Scuderi, PIT: 6 Blocked Shots, 2 Hits; Ryan Malone, PIT: 1 G, 5 Hits; Scott Gomez, NYR: 2 A, 5 SOG, 3 Takeaways; Martin Straka, NYR: 1 G, 1 A, 3 Blocked Shots

wang+cano=future
04-29-08, 08:41 PM
Yes! Game over baby..5-3 Penguin win....Up 3-0 in the series now. Last game will be the hardest to win though...

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 08:45 PM
There was a penalty shot in the NHL playoffs.

Niklas Hagman took it after being pulled down, but Evgeni Nabokov stops him.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 09:03 PM
We're going to overtime in Dallas.

The Dallas Stars and San Jose Sharks are tied at 1-1.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 09:07 PM
Yes! Game over baby..5-3 Penguin win....Up 3-0 in the series now. Last game will be the hardest to win though...
Unlike the Sens in Round 1, the Rangers have been in the game and competiting hard.

However, special teams, disclipine, and Marc-Andre Fleury outplaying Henrik Lundqvist are the differences in the series.

RhodyYanksFan
04-29-08, 09:10 PM
Rangers look done. Time to start rooting for the Stars.

dabomb2045
04-29-08, 09:13 PM

Seriously. I cant root for any of the teams that are left in the East. Hate Pittsburgh and Philly....and Im def not rooting for a Canadian team so that takes out Montreal.

I hate Detroit too. So I guess I'll be rooting for whoever wins this Dallas-San Jose series.

trentonthunder
04-29-08, 09:14 PM
However, special teams, disclipine, and Marc-Andre Fleury outplaying Henrik Lundqvist are the differences in the series.

Good points. Pittsburgh will have a tough time losing a series, unless they run into
an unbelieveable Osgood or Biron.

trentonthunder
04-29-08, 09:16 PM
Seriously. I cant root for any of the teams that are left in the East..

I won't root either, but I would enjoy a Pitt-Phil series. Too many quality young players to watch, and two pretty hot goalies. That could make for a good series.

A pitt-montreal series would be great too if Price shakes his woes.

dabomb2045
04-29-08, 09:19 PM
I won't root either, but I would enjoy a Pitt-Phil series. Too many quality young players to watch, and two pretty hot goalies. That could make for a good series.

I have a very hard time watching a game where I cant pick a side and root for a team.....I despise both the Flyers and Pens beyond belief. I will not be watching that series--unless it goes a to a Game 7 or something.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 09:22 PM
The Stars have a shot to go up 3-0. They already won one OT game against the Sharks in Game 1.

As for the Rangers, I was carousing through the Rangers thread and I agree: they need more grit/toughness, a power forward, and a quality go-to blueliner. They have a great farm system in Hartford led by Bob Sanguinetti and Alexei Cherepanov. The Rangers need to get rid of Marek Malik (big body, but doesn't play a physical game and is turnover prone), Colton Orr (scrapper and nothing else), Ryan Hollweg (no disclipine), Petr Prucha, and the veterans like Brendan Shanahan and Martin Straka.

The Rangers really miss Jed Ortmeyer and Matt Cullen last offseason, two effective penalty killers.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 09:27 PM
The Dallas Stars are one win away from sending the San Jose Sharks packing.

Mattias Norstrom, the game-winning goal at 4:37 in overtime.

Final Score in OT from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX.

Dallas Stars 2, San Jose Sharks 1

DAL leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-0.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Brenden Morrow, DAL: 11 Hits

2nd Star: Evgeni Nabokov, SJS: 27 saves on 29 SOG

1st Star: Mike Ribeiro, DAL: 2 A, 53.0% Faceoff Wins

Top HM: Nicklas Grossman, DAL: 5 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits; Mattias Nordstrom, DAL: 1G, +1, 2 Blocked Shots; Sergei Zubov, DAL: 1 G, 4 Blocked Shots; Patrick Marleau, SJS: 1 G, 5 Hits; Craig Rivet, SJS: 5 Hits

CanoForPresident
04-29-08, 09:28 PM

I'll tell you this right now..

The Pens want NO part of the Flyers.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 09:49 PM
The Detroit Red Wings lead the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 after 1 period.

Cody McLeod opened the scoring for the Avs, but two straight goals by Pavel Datsyuk on the Power Play and Johan Franzen give the Wings the lead after one.

YanksFan1992
04-29-08, 10:00 PM
It seems to me that all four teams that are currently down in their series share something similar.

All 4 teams had rough physical series which may have worn them down(Boston for Montreal, New Jersey for New York, Minnesota for Colorado and Calgary for San Jose). Besides Philly the 4 teams currently winning had series' that really weren't as bad or physically strenuous.

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 10:58 PM
The Detroit Red Wings lead the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 3rd 18:27

Pavel Datsyuk has 3 points in the game (2 G, 1 A).

BroadwayBomber55
04-29-08, 11:54 PM
There's a 3rd series where one team is one win away from sweeping.

The Detroit Red Wings go up 3-0 in their Best-of-7 Series against the Colorado Avalanche with a 4-3 win in Game 3.

Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterburg continue to pile on points. The Avalanche had another player injured and left the game, Paul Stastny.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Henrik Zetterburg, DET: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 3 SOG

2nd Star: Andrew Brunette, COL: 2 G

1st Star: Pavel Datsyuk, DET: 2 G, 1 A, +1, 3 SOG, 3 Hits

Top HM: Mikael Samuelsson, DET: 2 A, +1; Johan Franzen, DET: 1 G, +1, 6 SOG, 2 Blocked Shots, 2 Hits, 2 Takeaways; Cody McLeod, COL: 1 G, +1, 4 Hits

montrealer
04-30-08, 07:02 AM
There was a penalty shot in the NHL playoffs.

Niklas Hagman took it after being pulled down, but Evgeni Nabokov stops him.
Habs -Bruins also...........game 5 I believe.

wang+cano=future
04-30-08, 07:34 AM
I'll tell you this right now..

The Pens want NO part of the Flyers.

Yeah I would rather the Pens play the Habs......I went to a Flyers-Pens game in Philli and it is a severe hatred that Flyer fans have for the Penguins.

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 09:37 AM
Yeah I would rather the Pens play the Habs......I went to a Flyers-Pens game in Philli and it is a severe hatred that Flyer fans have for the Penguins.

Don't take it personally. Philly fans are known around the northeast as the rudest in the business. They actually take great pleasure in having that title.

I don't think the Pens want any part of the Flyers either. RJ Umberger plays huge against Pittsburgh, being that he is from the area and idolized Mario.
But I'm not sure if Jeff Carter and Richards can keep pace with Crosby and Malkin during a 7 game series. However, I think Biron, Briere and the other Flyers match up better against the Pens then the Habs do. I think it would be a great series.

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 09:43 AM
I have a very hard time watching a game where I cant pick a side and root for a team.....I despise both the Flyers and Pens beyond belief. I will not be watching that series--unless it goes a to a Game 7 or something.

If the teams are really good, then it's worth it to me. However, if the teams are really bad, or it's a mismatch, then I stay away. I just like to watch great players play.
I hated the Islanders in the early 80's, but it was fun to watch Bossy, Trottier and Gillies. It will also be fun to watch Malkin & Crosby go against Richards and Carter.
I don't think you have to hate a team that beats you. I think it's better to shake their hand and move on, but to each their own.

BroadwayBomber55
04-30-08, 10:43 AM
Habs -Bruins also...........game 5 I believe.
Actually, there are four so far in this year's NHL playoffs

http://moo.hawaii.edu:1749/hockey/misc/penaltyshot.html

50. 4/24 2008 Andrei Kostitsyn, Montreal v. Martin Biron, Philadelphia - Stop

49. 4/18 2008 John Madden, New Jersey v. Henrik Lundqvist, NY Rangers - Stop

48. 4/15 2008 Mike Richards, Philadelphia v. Cristobal Huet, Washington - Goal
51. 4/29 2008 Niklas Hagman, Dallas v. Evgeni Nabokov, San Jose - Stop

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 11:35 AM
Look for the Flyers to play meat and potatoes hockey again tonight. Just get the puck to the point and get guys to screen Price in front. It's worked so far.

I think Montreal will get the breaks tonight. Habs 3-2

RhodyYanksFan
04-30-08, 12:23 PM

Philly fans have severe hatred for everybody. Also, everybody has severe hatred for the Penguins. ;)

wang+cano=future
04-30-08, 01:12 PM
Philly fans have severe hatred for everybody. Also, everybody has severe hatred for the Penguins. ;)

Haha.....Well I hope Avery is okay....Even though I don't like him and his antics on the ice but I hope he is okay.

montrealer
04-30-08, 04:51 PM
Woo Hoo.............well hopefully the puck will go in tonite.......still alot of calm in the city........didn`t see anybody lining up at the bridges yet.....

YanksFan1992
04-30-08, 04:58 PM
Woo Hoo.............well hopefully the puck will go in tonite.......still alot of calm in the city........didn`t see anybody lining up at the bridges yet.....

I'll be rooting for you. :gulp:

I haven't given up in the Rangers yet, but if they don't pull off the miracle I'll be rooting for the Habs to win it all. :)

montrealer
04-30-08, 05:28 PM
english media saying Halak will be in nets.......will know more in about 5 min.

Pinstripedbass
04-30-08, 05:57 PM

If this is true I'll be surprised. I'd stick with Price. Overall, he has not played poorly in the playoffs. But I don't think he has lived up to the hype that led to the Habs trade of Huet.

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 05:59 PM

Wow. Pulling the plug on the rookie. Interesting. Didn't Price win MVP's and championship trophies the last couple of years ? Risky to give up on a talent like that. Good luck.

montrealer
04-30-08, 06:00 PM
If this is true I'll be surprised. I'd stick with Price. Overall, he has not played poorly in the playoffs. But I don't think he has lived up to the hype that led to the Habs trade of Huet.
I concur.......we`ve haven`t played with the lead except for about 5 min. in this series.......It`s official........PJ Stock just made the anouncement .....Halak in

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 06:48 PM
Habs and refs got the best of Philly in the 1st. 0-0 after one.

BroadwayBomber55
04-30-08, 06:56 PM
Martin Biron had 14 saves for the Flyers; Jaroslav Halak had 7 in Period 1.

YanksFan1992
04-30-08, 07:18 PM
Philly has taken a 1-0 lead with 8 minutes into the second period.

trentonthunder
04-30-08, 07:23 PM
Marty Biron looking like Jacoby Ellsbury.

YanksFan1992
04-30-08, 07:42 PM
1-0 Flyers through 2.

I really think Montreal absolutely has to win this game.

CanoForPresident
04-30-08, 07:45 PM
Marty Biron looking like Jacoby Ellsbury.

Best post of the thread.

I still can't believe im pulling for Philly in this series and will continue to pull for them if/when they play the pens.

dabomb2045
04-30-08, 08:04 PM
Best post of the thread.

I still can't believe im pulling for Philly in this series and will continue to pull for them if/when they play the pens.

Cant do it. I havent watched this series at all really....and I will not be watching Pens-Flyers or Habs-Pens. I just hate all those teams so much...I just cannot root for any of them.

Picture yourself rooting for ND in football. Cant do it...right? Well thats me with these teams. ;)

Boogiedown Bomber
04-30-08, 08:15 PM
Best post of the thread.

What the F are you smoking????? Rooting for Philly?!?!?!! :eek:

BroadwayBomber55
04-30-08, 08:19 PM
The Philadelphia Flyers lead the Montreal Canadiens, 2-0 7:07 3rd.

Power Plays: PHI 1 for 3; MON 0 for 4.

BroadwayBomber55
04-30-08, 08:20 PM
Les Habs pulled it to one with Josh Gorges getting the goal on Montreal's 33rd shot on goal of the game.

3rd 6:24

PHI 2, MTL 1

ETA: t's tied. Saku Koivu with the equalizer at 13:36.