PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 12:56 AM
We got another 2-2 series.

The Colorado Avalanche defeat the Minnesota Wild in Game 4, 5-1.

Best-of-7 Series, tied 2-2.

The Avs scored 5 goals to chase Wild G Niklas Backstrom and scored 2 PPGs in a penalty-filled game.

From Yahoo! Sports

Penalty Summary
1st Period
Colorado hooking - 2 min 8:10, A. Foote
Minnesota too many men on the ice - 2 min 11:54, Bench served by A. Voros
Minnesota holding - 2 min 15:08, J. Sheppard
2nd Period
Minnesota interference - 2 min 0:54, B. Rolston
Colorado boarding - 2 min 3:22, B. Guite
Minnesota tripping - 2 min 6:11, T. Fedoruk
Minnesota hooking - 2 min 8:24, S. Veilleux
Minnesota roughing - 2 min 8:24, D. Boogaard served by C. Simon
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 8:24, D. Boogaard
Colorado roughing - 2 min 9:59, T. Arnason
Colorado roughing - 2 min 12:35, C. McLeod
Minnesota cross check - 2 min 12:35, S. Veilleux
Minnesota roughing - 2 min 12:35, E. Belanger
Minnesota roughing - 2 min 12:35, S. Veilleux
Minnesota holding - 2 min 18:09, A. Voros
Minnesota unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 20:00, B. Burns
Colorado unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 20:00, A. Foote
3rd Period
Colorado hooking - 2 min 0:28, R. Smyth
Minnesota hooking - 2 min 1:39, M. Gaborik
Minnesota boarding - 2 min 5:33, S. Veilleux
Minnesota slashing - 2 min 5:58, B. Rolston
Colorado roughing - 2 min 8:25, C. McLeod
Minnesota roughing - 2 min 8:25, D. Boogaard
Colorado interference - 2 min 8:25, A. Foote
Minnesota roughing - 2 min 8:25, K. Johnsson
Colorado misconduct - 10 min 8:25, C. McLeod
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 8:25, D. Boogaard
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 8:25, K. Johnsson
Minnesota fighting - 5 min 8:30, S. Veilleux
Colorado fighting - 5 min 8:30, I. Laperriere
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 8:30, S. Veilleux
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 8:30, A. Voros
Minnesota unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 14:50, B. Rolston
Colorado tripping - 2 min 15:17, W. Wolski
Colorado misconduct - 10 min 19:24, I. Laperriere
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 19:24, T. Fedoruk
Minnesota high sticking - 2 min 20:00, S. Veilleux
Minnesota misconduct - 10 min 20:00, S. Veilleux

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Jordan Leopold, COL: 2 A, +2, 2 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits

2nd Star: Tyler Arnason, COL: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 3 SOG, 63.0% Faceoff Wins

1st Star: Ruslan Salei, COL: 1 G, 1 A, +3, 3 SOG, 2 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits

Top HM: Peter Forsberg, COL: 2 A; Brian Rolston, MIN: 1 A, +1; Scott Hannan, COL: 3 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 01:08 AM
NHL Injuries as of April 15, 2008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 01:30 AM
Yes, and Pittsburgh can easily make them look even worse.
The Ottawa Senators are down to their last lifeline Wednesday in Game 4.

Bryan Murray did a terrible job at the deadline acquiring Cory Stillman and Mike Commodore from the Carolina Hurricanes for Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves and acquiring Martin Lapointe from the Chicago Blackhawks.

Stillman, Lapointe, and Commodore combined: 3 points, -7.

Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley are nowhere to be found. Chris Phillips and Wade Redden combined -5.

Martin Gerber, not good: 4.01 GAA, .905 SV%

In Mo I Trust
04-16-08, 01:28 PM
What's the general feeling from NHL fans about what Avery was doing? I'm not a hockey fan at all but it seems bush league.

dabomb2045
04-16-08, 01:37 PM
What's the general feeling from NHL fans about what Avery was doing? I'm not a hockey fan at all but it seems bush league.

It wasnt against the rules when he did it. I was fine with it....Brodeur needs to stop whining cuz out of all the goalies in the league, he is probably the worst when it comes to sticking guys from behind who are standing in front of him trying to setup screens.

RhodyYanksFan
04-16-08, 01:44 PM
I probably am biased but I don't see the big deal. Guys always stand in front of the net to block the goalie's line of sight. Who cares that he faced towards him instead of away from him. He was still doing the same thing.

sprucemoose
04-16-08, 02:54 PM
I probably am biased but I don't see the big deal. Guys always stand in front of the net to block the goalie's line of sight. Who cares that he faced towards him instead of away from him. He was still doing the same thing.

Just to show you aren't biased...I am not a fan of Avery, but I have no problem with what he did. It wasn't against the rules, and he's helping his team win. Also, I wonder what the reaction would be if someone other than Avery had done this? Would people be so up in arms if it had been Shanahan, or someone else with a better reputation than Avery?

dabomb2045
04-16-08, 02:56 PM
Just to show you aren't biased...I am not a fan of Avery, but I have no problem with what he did. It wasn't against the rules, and he's helping his team win. Also, I wonder what the reaction would be if someone other than Avery had done this? Would people be so up in arms if it had been Shanahan, or someone else with a better reputation than Avery?

Excellent point. People just dont like Avery so he will get picked on for every little thing. As a Rangers fan, I find it kinda cool to have a guy on my team that everyone hates. Makes it fun ;)

RhodyYanksFan
04-16-08, 03:23 PM
Excellent point. People just dont like Avery so he will get picked on for every little thing. As a Rangers fan, I find it kinda cool to have a guy on my team that everyone hates. Makes it fun ;)

He's been the team MVP so far this series. 3 goals, causing problems all around the ice and pissing off Devils and their fans, and making ESPN have to talk about hockey again.

I think I'm gonna buy an Avery jersey once they sign him.

sprucemoose
04-16-08, 03:54 PM

We've had the same thing with Tucker in Toronto, and it is fun. The best part is that Avery and Tucker can actually play the game as well. Nothing p!sses of the fans of opposing teams off more than having a pest who can also score some goals.

montrealer
04-16-08, 04:04 PM
Just Avery being Avery......:o

dabomb2045
04-16-08, 05:13 PM
We've had the same thing with Tucker in Toronto, and it is fun. The best part is that Avery and Tucker can actually play the game as well. Nothing p!sses of the fans of opposing teams off more than having a pest who can also score some goals.

Exactly. Tucker and Avery are just the kind of guys everyone hates...but when they are on your team, you absolutely love them. Avery gives the Rangers an edge and a nastiness to their game that they lack when he isnt in the lineup. Avery has reached cult status here in NY. I would say other then Lundqvist, he is by far the most popular Ranger with the MSG faithful.

And I agree with your other point about them being talented. Alot of people dont realize how good of a player Avery is because they see/hear only about his "antics", his penalties, his agitating ways. But the guy has talent and can play.

Pinstripedbass
04-16-08, 05:49 PM
It's just gamesmanship. Avery is a chit-disturber. It's what he does best. If he gains a competitive edge from it, more power to him. It's why the Rangers picked him up.

I don't care for what Avery did. It's bush but wasn't against the rules.

If you have no problem with A-Rod and his "HA" play in Toronto, you should have no problem with what Avery did.

montrealer
04-16-08, 07:24 PM
Exactly. Tucker and Avery are just the kind of guys everyone hates...but when they are on your team, you absolutely love them. Avery gives the Rangers an edge and a nastiness to their game that they lack when he isnt in the lineup. Avery has reached cult status here in NY. I would say other then Lundqvist, he is by far the most popular Ranger with the MSG faithful.

And I agree with your other point about them being talented. Alot of people dont realize how good of a player Avery is because they see/hear only about his "antics", his penalties, his agitating ways. But the guy has talent and can play.
Wayne Cashman,Mike Milberry , Dale Hunter, and my man Claude Lemieux

montrealer
04-16-08, 07:27 PM
It's just gamesmanship. Avery is a chit-disturber. It's what he does best. If he gains a competitive edge from it, more power to him. It's why the Rangers picked him up.

I don't care for what Avery did. It's bush but wasn't against the rules.

If you have no problem with A-Rod and his "HA" play in Toronto, you should have no problem with what Avery did.
Where I played Hockey.........swinging a stick in an opponents face?,...............You got punched in the "Snot-Box....

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 07:46 PM
End of 1 from Madison Square Garden, New York City

New York Rangers 1, New Jersey Devils 0

Scott Gomez's PPG the only goal in the 1st Period.

NYR outshooting NJD 12-6 after 1 period.

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 07:47 PM
End of 1 from Scotiabank Place in Kanata, ON

Pittsburgh Penguins 0, Ottawa Senators 0

The Pens outshooting the Sens 14-5, 7 of them coming from Marian Hossa.

Pinstripedbass
04-16-08, 07:52 PM
Where I played Hockey.........swinging a stick in an opponents face?,...............You got punched in the "Snot-Box....

No doubt. Avery's a big boy. He should be able to take what he would have coming to him.

Boogiedown Bomber
04-16-08, 09:53 PM
And the Penguins have eliminated the Sens! :)

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 10:24 PM
And the Penguins have eliminated the Sens! :)
Get the brooms out, the Pittsburgh Penguins eliminate the Ottawa Senators in Game 4, 3-1.

PIT wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-0.

The Ottawa Senators were a shell of last year's team.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Marian Hossa, PIT: +1, 9 SOG, 2 Hits

2nd Star: Martin Gerber, OTT: 31 saves on 33 SOG

1st Star: Evgeni Malkin, PITT: 1 G, 6 SOG

Top HM: Jarrko Ruutu, PIT: 1 G, 2 Takeaways; Sidney Crosby, PIT: 1 G, 1 A, 52.0% Faceoff Wins

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 10:31 PM
A team wins a home game in this Hudson River series between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils.

Rangers win Game 4 over the Devils, 5-3.

NYR leads Best-of-7 series, 3-1.

It was an up-and-down affair as the Rangers lead, then the Devils tie, the Rangers re-take the lead before finally pulling away for good.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Chris Drury, NYR: 1 G, 1 A, +2

2nd Star: Martin Straka, NYR: 1 G, 1 A

1st Star: Marc Staal, NYR: 1 G, +2, 3 Hits, 3 Takeaways

Top HM: Scott Gomez, NYR: 2 G; Daniel Girardi, NYR: 1 A, 8 Hits; Patrik Elias, NJD: 2 G

RhodyYanksFan
04-16-08, 10:39 PM
Are these your 3 stars or are you just copying from Yahoo sports?

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 11:14 PM
Are these your 3 stars or are you just copying from Yahoo sports?
I thought the same thing along with Yahoo! Sports in some games, but also put stats on why from other outlets where I follow games like NHL.com, ESPN.com, etc. Why?

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 11:27 PM
Meanwhile, the Nashville Predators looking to even the series, have a 3-2 lead on the Detroit Red Wings with 8:00 to go in the 3rd period.

BroadwayBomber55
04-16-08, 11:44 PM
Wow, the Nashville Predators are going back to Hockeytown with the series tied at 2-2 against the Detroit Red Wings.

The Preds defeat the Red Wings, 3-2 in Game 4.

Best-of-7 Series, tied 2-2.

Dan Ellis the hero for the Predators with 39 saves. The Predators chase Dominik Hasek after scoring three goals. Chris Osgood made 13 saves in relief.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Pavel Datsyuk, DET: 2 G, +1

2nd Star: Shea Weber, NSH: 1 G, 1 A, +2, 5 Hits

1st Star: Dan Ellis, NSH: 39 saves on 41 SOG

Top HM: Martin Erat, NSH: 2 A, +1, 4 SOG; Greg de Vries, NSH: 1 G, 3 Blocked Shots

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 12:08 AM
Wow, Nashville beat Detroit. :eek:

Detroit has to win Game 5 or they could be in real trouble. Even more interesting is that the top 4 seeds in the West are all either losing in the series or tied (and 2 of the top 4 seeds in the East are in the same predicament).

StatenIslandYankee
04-17-08, 12:23 AM
Nashville can knock out Dallas and it wouldn't shock me.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 12:36 AM
BB55's 3-Stars: Series-by-Series

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: #2 Pittsburgh Penguins v. #7 Ottawa Senators

3rd Star of the Series Evgeni Malkin, PIT: 7 P (2 G, 5 A), +3, 7 Hits

2nd Star of the Series: Sidney Crosby, PIT: 8 P (2 G, 6 A), +2, 6 Takeaways

1st Star of the Series: Marc-Andre Fleury, PIT: 4 Wins, 1.26 GAA, 1 SHO, .955 SV Pct.

Honorable Mentions:

PIT: Ryan Malone: 5 P( 2 G, 3 A), +3, 15 Hits; Marian Hossa: 5 P (1 G, 4 A), +3, 3 Takeaways; Sergei Gonchar: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), +1, 8 Blocked Shots; Ryan Whitney: +5, 8 Blocked Shots; Jarkko Ruutu: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), +1, 10 Hits

OTT: Martin Gerber: 3.53 GAA, .912 SV%; Cory Stillman: 2 G

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 07:48 PM
1 period in the books from the Bell Centre in Montreal, PQ

The Montreal Canadiens lead Game 5 over the Boston Bruins 1-0.

Alexei Kovalev with the only goal in the first 20 minutes.

Both teams are 0-1 on the PP.

Phil Kessel playing for the Bruins for the first time since Game 1.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 07:52 PM
1 period in the books from the Wachovia Center in South Philly.

The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers are tied at 2-2.

Both Capitals goals are on the Power Play by Alexander Semin and Nicklas Backstrom.

Jeff Carter has both Flyers goals at Even Strength.

Alexander Ovechkin, WSH: 2 A

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 08:48 PM
Phil Kessel lights the lamp for the only goal in the 2nd Period to tie the game for the Boston Bruins.

After 2 from the Bell Centre

Boston Bruins 1, Montreal Canadiens 1

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 08:49 PM
Steve Eminger's 2nd Period goal gives the Washington Capitals a 3-2 lead over the Philadelphia Flyers after 2 periods.

The Alexanders, Alexander Ovechkin and Alexander Semin, both have 2 points in the game.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 08:50 PM
Joel Lundqvist scores the only goal in the first period for the Dallas Stars in Game 4 of their series vs. the Anaheim Ducks.

After 1 from the American Airlines Center in Dallas

Dallas Stars 1, Anaheim Ducks 0

gdn
04-17-08, 09:03 PM
Didn't want to say too much while the series was on, but GO PENS! :D :cheer:

dabomb2045
04-17-08, 09:19 PM
I'm rather shocked that the Bruins are about to extend this series another game....thought for sure that the Habs would put the hammer down tonight.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 09:32 PM
I'm rather shocked that the Bruins are about to extend this series another game....thought for sure that the Habs would put the hammer down tonight.
The Bruins scored 4 goals tonight, 3 of them on special teams (2 PPG, 1 SHG).

dabomb2045
04-17-08, 09:39 PM
More awful refereeing in the Caps-Flyers game. Kozlov goes to the box with 2:40 left in regulation with the game tied....for goalie interference. Yet Timmonen checked Kozlov into Biron after Kozlov was skating in on a partial breakaway. Kozlov did nothing wrong--he got pushed into the goalie.

This might be the worst call I've seen in the playoffs. And thats saying something.

CanoForPresident
04-17-08, 09:44 PM

The Price was wrong tonight!

What an awful giveaway. Lucky for him his team is still up in this series.

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 09:44 PM
Scores:

Washington 3-Philly 3 (headed to OT)
Boston 5-Montreal 1 (final, Montreal up 3-2 in the series)
Dallas 1-Anaheim 0 (through 2 periods)
Colorado 1-Minnesota 1 (40 seconds left in the first)

AMYanks
04-17-08, 09:53 PM
Jesus Price, Montreal stunk.

JWHIII
04-17-08, 09:58 PM
IMO, the Bruins have outplayed Montreal in game's 2-5, they just finally buried their opportunities tonight.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 10:04 PM
The Price was wrong tonight!

What an awful giveaway. Lucky for him his team is still up in this series.
Les Habs are still up, but they need to fix their power play. So far, the Bruins score more power play goals in this series than the Canadiens.

The B's are still alive.

Final Score from the Bell Centre in Montreal

Boston Bruins 5, Montreal Canadiens 1

MON leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-2.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Zdeno Chara, BOS: 1 G, 2 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits

2nd Star: Tim Thomas, BOS: 31 Saves on 32 SOG

1st Star: Andrew Ference, BOS: 3 A, +2, 4 Blocked Shots

Top HM: Alexei Kovalev, MON: 1 G; Roman Hamrlik, MON: 1 A, +1, 3 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; David Krejci, BOS: 2 A, +1, 50.0% Faceoff Wins

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 10:05 PM
IMO, the Bruins have outplayed Montreal in game's 2-5, they just finally buried their opportunities tonight.
And Claude Julien dressed Phil Kessel tonight and scored a goal.

The B's are the ones who have better special team numbers than the Canadiens after 5 games.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 10:06 PM
Daniel Briere's 3rd Period goal takes us to Overtime in Game 4 between the Philadelphia Flyers and Washington Capitals tied at 3-3.

AMYanks
04-17-08, 10:17 PM

I agree. I was skeptical of Montreal coming into the playoffs, and they've done nothing to change my mind.

dabomb2045
04-17-08, 10:37 PM
I agree. I was skeptical of Montreal coming into the playoffs, and they've done nothing to change my mind.

If thats the case....then we need the Caps to win this series. If Philly wins....we'll get the Pens next round. I'd rather not see them till the Conference Finals.

CanoForPresident
04-17-08, 10:41 PM
If thats the case....then we need the Caps to win this series. If Philly wins....we'll get the Pens next round. I'd rather not see them till the Conference Finals.

Id rather the Pens get knocked out in round 2.

They're gonna have the zebras in their pocket the entire postseason.

I still don';t think Flurey is good enough to lead them deep into the playoffs.

dabomb2045
04-17-08, 10:53 PM
Flyers win.....its beginning to look like Rangers-Pens next round.

CanoForPresident
04-17-08, 11:02 PM

Not if the Price continues to be wrong!

Yes, I'm having way too much fun with that.

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 11:04 PM

Sure does, it could be a great series but New Jersey isn't done yet, as if we lose tommorrow we have us a series. :o

In other news, Dallas and Philadelphia have taken 3-1 series leads over Anaheim and Washington respectively.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:17 PM
Mike Knuble scored the GWG in the first multiple overtime game of the postseason at 6:40 in Double OT.

The Philadelphia Flyers win Game 4 over the Washington Capitals, 4-3 in Double OT.

PHI leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-1.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Jason Smith PHI: 8 Blocked Shots, 3 Hits

2nd Star: Mike Knuble, PHI: 1 G, 1 A, +2, 3 Hits

1st Star: Jeff Carter, PHI: 2 G, 1 A, +2, 8 SOG

Top HM: Scott Upshaw, PHI: 2 A; Kimmo Timonen, PHI: 6 Blocked Shots; Martin Biron, PHI: 38 saves on 41 SOG; Cristobal Huet, WSH: 42 saves on 46 SOG; Alexander Ovechkin, WSH: 2 A, 10 Hits

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:23 PM
Will Marty Turco finally win a playoff series?

The Dallas Stars put the defending Stanley Cup Champion, Anaheim Ducks on the brink of elimination with a 3-1 win in Game 4.

DAL leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-1.

3rd Star: Steve Ott, DAL: 1 G, +2, 6 Hits

2nd Star: Stu Barnes, DAL: 1 G, 1 A, +2

1st Star: Marty Turco, DAL: 27 saves on 28 SOG

Top HM: Mike Modano, DAL: 1 A, +2, 2 Blocked Shots, 2 Takeaways

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 11:26 PM
Calgary has taken a 1-0 lead on the Sharks! :D

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:28 PM
In order for the Caps to come back and win the series, Alexander Ovechkin needs help. Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin scoring 1 G, 1 A, is a good place to start, but Sergei Federov and Viktor Kozlov are not. Federov has only one point after four games, Kozlov has zippo and he's a -5.

However, Daniel Briere is scoring and the Flyers are blocking tons of shots in this series so the Caps have a huge mountain to climb.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:29 PM
Calgary has taken a 1-0 lead on the Sharks! :D
Now, it's tied 1-1. :D

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 11:33 PM
Now, it's tied 1-1. :D

:(

The playoffs have been very interesting so far, just look at the top 4 seeds in each conference:

West:
# 1 Detroit (series tied 2-2)
# 2 San Jose (series tied 2-2)
# 3 Minnesota (down 3-2)
# 4 Anaheim (down 3-1)

East:
# 1 Montreal (up 3-2)
# 2 Pittsburgh (won 4-0)
# 3 Washington (down 3-1)
# 4 New Jersey (down 3-1)

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:37 PM
:(

The playoffs have been very interesting so far, just look at the top 4 seeds in each conference:

West:
# 1 Detroit (series tied 2-2)
# 2 San Jose (series tied 2-2)
# 3 Minnesota (down 3-2)
# 4 Anaheim (down 3-1)

East:
# 1 Montreal (up 3-2)
# 2 Pittsburgh (won 4-0)
# 3 Washington (down 3-1)
# 4 New Jersey (down 3-1)
You can add Colorado to the "up" list. The Avalanche won 3-2 over the Minnesota Wild in Game 5.

Once again, Marian Gaborik didn't score a point. The Avs are keeping Gaborik off the scoresheet through 5 games. The Avs also went 2 for 3 on the Power Play.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Ruslan Salei, COL: 4 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits

2nd Star: Brian Rolston, MIN: 1 G, 1 A, 8 SOG

1st Star: Jose Theodore, COL: 38 saves on 40 SOG

Top HM: Peter Forsberg, COL: 2 A, +1; Milan Hejduk, COL: 2 A, +1

YanksFan1992
04-17-08, 11:37 PM
And Colorado has defeated Minnesota 3-2 to take a 3-2 series lead.

BroadwayBomber55
04-17-08, 11:46 PM
2 Periods in the Books in the Shark Tank.

The San Jose Sharks lead the Calgary Flames 2-1.

Patrick Marleau with the go-ahead goal late in the 2nd period to give Team Teal the lead.

CanoForPresident
04-18-08, 12:20 AM
2 Periods in the Books in the Shark Tank.

The San Jose Sharks lead the Calgary Flames 2-1.

Patrick Marleau with the go-ahead goal late in the 2nd period to give Team Teal the lead.

When the Sharks get going they're the best team in the league.

StatenIslandYankee
04-18-08, 12:28 AM
When the Sharks get going they're the best team in the league.Agreed. Especially with Thornton, Marleau, and Cheechoo

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 12:55 AM
When the Sharks get going they're the best team in the league.
Agreed. The Sharks big guns stepped up again. Joanthan Cheechoo had 2 goals, Patrick Marleau had a goal and assist, and Joe Thornton had a point.

The San Jose Sharks defeat the Calgary Flames 4-3 in Game 5.

SJS lead Best-of-7 Series, 3-2.

BB55's 3 Stars

3rd Star: Joe Pavelski, SJS: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 4 Hits

2nd Star: Jonathan Cheechoo, SJS: 2 G, +2, 4 Hits

1st Star: Patrick Marleau, SJS: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 4 Hits

Top HM: Jarome Iginla, CGY: 1 G, 1 A, 5 Hits; Dion Phaneuf, CGY: 2 A, 9 Hits; Marc-Edouard Vlasic, SJS: +2, 3 Blocked Shots; Ryane Clowe, SJS: 1 A, +2, 3 Hits; Mike Grier, SJS: +2, 3 Hits

MTYankee23
04-18-08, 09:13 AM
And Claude Julien dressed Phil Kessel tonight and scored a goal.

The B's are the ones who have better special team numbers than the Canadiens after 5 games.

Kessel deserved one of the stars tonight, at the risk of sounding superlative, his goal, with the B's trailing 1-0 and looking like they'd go quietly into the offseason, may have turned the entire series around. Of course I say may, because this team has been jekyl/hyde all season. But Kessel needs to stay in the lineup because he's the one Bruin that can create his own offense, and the tying goal last night was a perfect example of that.

montrealer
04-18-08, 12:14 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234480&lid=sublink011&lpos=headlines_nhl

trentonthunder
04-18-08, 06:22 PM
In order for the Caps to come back and win the series, Alexander Ovechkin needs help..

In order for the Caps to come back and win this series, they need the entire flyer team
to come down with scarlet fever.

The caps are playing lower case in this series.

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 09:26 PM
Two periods in the books at Joe Louis Arena

Detroit Red Wings 1, Nashville Predators 0

Valtteri Filppula's goal at 4:21 1st Period the only score in the game so far.

Chris Osgood is in net for the Red Wings replacing Dominik Hasek.

The Red Wings are outshooting the Predators 37-11, but Dan Ellis is keeping the Preds in the game.

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 09:28 PM
Two periods in the books at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

New York Rangers 4, New Jersey Devils 3

30 goals have been scored so far between these two in this series.

Power Plays: NYR 1-2, NJD 1-4

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 10:01 PM
The New York Rangers advance to Round 2.

The Rangers win Game 5 and the series over the New Jersey Devils, 5-3.

NYR wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-1.

Credit the Devils for coming to fight tonight, but the Rangers move on.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Patrik Elias, NJD: 1 G, 2 Hits, 2 Takeaways

2nd Star: Brandon Dubinsky, NYR: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 1 Takeaway

1st Star: Jaromir Jagr, NYR: 1 G, 2 A, +1

HM: Michal Rozsival, NYR: 1 G, +2; Martin Straka, NYR: 2 A, +1, Marc Staal, NYR: +2, 2 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; Bryce Salvador, NJD: 1 G, +2, 4 Hits

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 10:11 PM
The Nashville Predators were outshot 53-20 by the Detroit Red Wings, but Radek Bonk tied the game with 44 seconds left in regulation.

Dan Ellis with 52 saves through regulation for the Predators.

YanksFan1992
04-18-08, 10:20 PM
What a huge goal by the Predators, this series could very easily be decided by this overtime. :gulp:

I really dislike Detroit, so go Nashville!

AMYanks
04-18-08, 10:23 PM
I can't believe Detroit is struggling in the playoffs yet again. They're turning into hockey's version of the Yankees. :eek:

dabomb2045
04-18-08, 10:24 PM
I havent seen any of this game cuz of the Rangers game....but Detroit is outshooting Nashville approximately 182783742-15. Yet its 1-1 in OT.

I'll go out on a limb and say Ellis is having the game of his life

AMYanks
04-18-08, 10:27 PM
Damn, Wings win on a breakaway.

YanksFan1992
04-18-08, 10:28 PM
Darn...:(

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 10:43 PM
What a nice backhand by Johan Franzen on the breakaway just squeezing the puck by Dan Ellis.

The Detroit Red Wings go to the Music City with a 2-1 victory over the Nashville Predators in Game 5.

DET leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-2.

BB55's 3 Stars:

3rd Star: Niklas Kronwall, DET: 2 A, +2, 2 Hits

2nd Star: Dan Ellis, NSH: 52 saves on 54 SOG

1st Star: Johan Franzen, DET: 1 G, 1 A, +2, 9 SOG

Top HM: Valtteri Filppula, DET: 1 G, +2, 4 SOG; Radek Bonk, NSH: 1 G, 5 SOG; Greg Zanon, NSH: 4 Blocked Shots

dabomb2045
04-18-08, 10:45 PM
Ellis did all he could.....I think we'll see a Game 7 in this series

Boogiedown Bomber
04-18-08, 10:47 PM
Ellis did all he could.....I think we'll see a Game 7 in this series

Yeah, if it weren't for that awful turnover in the neutral zone by the Preds, the game would probably be playing still.

BroadwayBomber55
04-18-08, 11:13 PM

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: #4 New Jersey Devils v. #5 New York Rangers

3rd Star of the Series: Patrik Elias, NJD: 6 P (4 G, 2 A)

2nd Star of the Series: Jaromir Jagr, NYR: 8 P (2 G, 6 A), +3, 20 SOG

1st Star of the Series: Scott Gomez, NYR: 7 P (3 G, 4 A), +5, 53.1% Faceoff Wins, 3 Takeaways

Honorable Mentions

NYR
Brandon Dubinsky: 6 P (3 G, 3 A), +3, 15 Hits, 51.0% Faceoff Wins
Daniel Girardi: 3 A, +3, 25 Hits, 7 Blocked Shots
Sean Avery: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), +3, 12 Hits
Marc Staal: 1 G, +3, 17 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots
Michal Rozsival: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), +3,, 8 Blocked Shots
Henrik Lundqvist: 4-1, 2.35 GAA, .917 Save Pct.

NJD
John Madden: 3 P (2 G, 1 A), 53.4% Faceoff Wins
Bryce Salvador: 1 G, +1, 15 Hits, 4 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 12:31 AM
2 Periods in the Books in Anaheim

Anaheim Ducks lead the Dallas Stars 2-1.

Scoring Summary
1st Period
Anaheim 8:25, Corey Perry 1 (Sean O'Donnell)
Dallas 18:27, Mattias Norstrom 1 (shorthanded) (Brad Richards, Matt Niskanen)

2nd Period
Anaheim 11:03, Ryan Getzlaf 2 (power play) (Chris Pronger, Chris Kunitz)

CanoForPresident
04-19-08, 01:34 AM

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: #4 New Jersey Devils v. #5 New York Rangers

3rd Star of the Series: Patrik Elias, NJD: 6 P (4 G, 2 A)

2nd Star of the Series: Jaromir Jagr, NYR: 8 P (2 G, 6 A), +3, 20 SOG

1st Star of the Series: Scott Gomez, NYR: 7 P (3 G, 4 A), +5, 53.1% Faceoff Wins, 3 Takeaways

Honorable Mentions

NYR
Brandon Dubinsky: 6 P (3 G, 3 A), +3, 15 Hits, 51.0% Faceoff Wins
Daniel Girardi: 3 A, +3, 25 Hits, 7 Blocked Shots
Sean Avery: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), +3, 12 Hits
Marc Staal: 1 G, +3, 17 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots
Michal Rozsival: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), +3,, 8 Blocked Shots
Henrik Lundqvist: 4-1, 2.35 GAA, .917 Save Pct.

NJD
John Madden: 3 P (2 G, 1 A), 53.4% Faceoff Wins
Bryce Salvador: 1 G, +1, 15 Hits, 4 Blocked Shots

Avery should be the first star of the series. He didnt find the scoresheet as often as gomez and Jagr but he really got Marty off his game.

And how about Girardi with 25 hits :eek:

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 01:41 AM
The Anaheim Ducks live to fight another day.

The Ducks win Game 5 over the Dallas Stars, 5-2.

DAL leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-2.

The Ducks killed all 7 Star PPs while going 2 for 3 with the man advantage.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Ryan Getzlaf, ANA: 1 G, 1 A, 2 Takeaways, 53.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: Teemu Selanne, ANA: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 8 SOG

1st Star: Jean-Sebastien Giguere, ANA: 40 saves on 42 SOG

Top HM: Chris Kunitz, ANA: 2 A, 6 Hits; Sean O'Donnell, ANA: 1 G, 1 A, +2; Mike Ribeiro, DAL: 1 G, 62.0% Faceoff Wins

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 02:59 AM
Avery should be the first star of the series. He didnt find the scoresheet as often as gomez and Jagr but he really got Marty off his game.

And how about Girardi with 25 hits :eek:
It was very tough for me to pick three stars for any series.

Sean Avery had a great series, so did Daniel Girardi, Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky. A lot of Rangers contributed against the Devils.

The Devils came out to fight and play against the Rangers all series long, but the Rangers depth won it in the end.

Pinstripedbass
04-19-08, 07:24 AM
Agreed. Especially with Thornton, Marleau, and Cheechoo
And for all you in the eastern time zone, Evgeny Nabokov is the best goaltender of all the remaining playoff teams.

StatenIslandYankee
04-19-08, 11:38 AM
And for all you in the eastern time zone, Evgeny Nabokov is the best goaltender of all the remaining playoff teams.I would agree with that too. However we are getting the pleasure of watching #2 in Henrik Lundqvist. :)

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 01:55 PM
1 period in the books in DC, and it's 1-0 Caps.

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 03:35 PM
2-1 Washington with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.

In other news, Koivu will be back for Montreal tonight. :gulp:

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 03:36 PM
And make that 3-1 Capitals.

Looks like we will be headed back to Philly for Game 6.

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 03:38 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon..:lol:

Philly has cut it to 3-2 with 4 minutes to go.

montrealer
04-19-08, 04:06 PM
Great game...........Philly took alot of penalties in the 3rd.dodged a few bullets to no avail.

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 04:48 PM
So headed to Game 6, which means that 6 of the 8 first round series will go to at least 6 games. :gulp:

AMYanks
04-19-08, 04:56 PM
Now let's hope for a Bruins win tonight so MTL/BOS and PHI/WAS can continue to beat the crap out of each other while NYR and PIT lick their chops.

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 05:57 PM
The Washington Capitals won their game against the Philadelphia Flyers on special teams and their defense held their leads. The Capitals went 2 for 6 on the Power Play while the Flyers went 1 for 3.

Cristobal Huet had another solid game. Sergei Fedorov comes through with 2 points (1 G, 1 A), Viktor Kozlov finally gets a point in the series.

Final Score from D.C.

Washington Capitals 3, Philadelphia Flyers 2

PHI leads Best-of-7 Series, 3-2.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Vaclav Prospal, PHI: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 2 Blocked Shots, 3 Takeaways

2nd Star: Cristobal Huet, WSH: 30 saves on 32 SOG

1st Star: Sergei Fedorov, WSH: 1 G, 1 A, +1

Top HM: Alexander Semin, WSH: 1 G, 1 A, 6 SOG; Mike Green, WSH: 2 A, +1;
Daniel Briere, PHI: 2 A, +1; Jason Smith, PHI: 7 Blocked Shots, 5 Hits

StatenIslandYankee
04-19-08, 06:51 PM
Now let's hope for a Bruins win tonight so MTL/BOS and PHI/WAS can continue to beat the crap out of each other while NYR and PIT lick their chops.We are going to play Pittsburgh

AMYanks
04-19-08, 06:53 PM
We are going to play Pittsburgh

Probably, but nothing's set in stone.

And even if they do, the winner of NYR/PIT I definitely believe will get to the Cup finals.

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 07:46 PM
End of 1 from Boston

Montreal Canadiens 1, Boston Bruins 0

Chris Higgins the only goal in the 1st Period.

A lot of hitting between the Les Habs and the B's.

Boston killed all 2 Montreal PPs.

dabomb2045
04-19-08, 09:40 PM
Wild and crazy Game 6 in Boston.....Bruins rallied to take a 4-3 lead only to see the Habs tie it 11 seconds later.....and now the Bruins just scored again to go up 5-4.

dabomb2045
04-19-08, 09:45 PM
Bruins win...wow. Price and the rest of the Habs have had a complete meltdown the last 2 games.

b_joseph
04-19-08, 09:50 PM
Only kept my eye on it now and then but that was one heck of a game. I dont care if they are the 8 seed, nobody should be hoping to face Boston or in other words hoping that they win.

They are relentless.

YanksFan1992
04-19-08, 09:50 PM
Ugh...I hate Boston sports so much...:barf:

montrealer
04-19-08, 10:11 PM
Well......I picked the Habs in 6...........we`ll see Monday........tip my hat to Julien and the Bruins......great series so far....it`s what it`s all about........Bars up here are making a killing...

Pinstripedbass
04-19-08, 10:11 PM
Bruins win...wow. Price and the rest of the Habs have had a complete meltdown the last 2 games.
Any comparison between Carey Price and Ken Dryden is premature. Can you imagine the Montreal media if the Habs lose their series and the Capitals and Cristobal Huet win their series.

dabomb2045
04-19-08, 10:19 PM
Well......I picked the Habs in 6...........we`ll see Monday........tip my hat to Julien and the Bruins......great series so far....it`s what it`s all about........Bars up here are making a killing...

You guys getting nervous up there yet? All the pressure is on the Habs here. Bruins are the #8 seed not expected to win, and have already made a nice showing responding down 3-1 to force a Game 7. I would expect the Montreal crowd to get a bit tense and restless if Game 7 doesnt start out quickly in their favor...which might cause the team to press and play tight....especially Price.

mdoats
04-19-08, 10:24 PM
I grew up around hockey and my father was a huge Bruins fan. I used to watch it all the time but I just kind of lost interest over the years. The Bruins weren't really good enough to keep my attention. I was just starting to watch again before the strike and then I lost interest again.

The past couple of games have been unbelievable. The kind of hockey I remember from long ago. Okay that makes me sound old, but who cares. No matter what happens in Game 7, that game tonight will be remembered for a LONG time.

BroadwayBomber55
04-19-08, 11:04 PM
I'm watching UFC 83 right now, but before that, what a game between the B's and Les Habs.

A lot of hard hitting and a lot of crazy, clutch goals.

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 01:48 AM
Only kept my eye on it now and then but that was one heck of a game. I dont care if they are the 8 seed, nobody should be hoping to face Boston or in other words hoping that they win.

They are relentless.
The Boston Bruins are relentless.

It was a hard hitting game won by the Bruins who had the edge in hits, 34-26.

They shut down Montreal's Power Play again and Phil Kessel scored 2 goals tonight. Kessel has scored 3 goals since he was scratched in Games 2-4.

The one guy that has been overlooked for the Bruins in this series is Marco Sturm. I saw Sturm play as a San Jose Shark and he was a solid player.
Sturm has 4 points (2 G, 2 A) and 18 SOG through 6 games.

The pressure is on the Montreal Canadiens heading to Game 7. Can this be a sweet payback for the B's after they blew a 3-1 lead and let the Montreal Canadiens won their series in 2004...

Final Score from Boston's TD Banknorth Garden

Boston Bruins 5, Montreal Canadiens 4

Best-of-7 Series tied, 3-3.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Chris Higgins, MON: 2 G, +2, 5 SOG

2nd Star: Marco Sturm, BOS: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 4 SOG, 2 Blocked Shots

1st Star: Phil Kessel, BOS: 2 G, +2, 6 SOG, 3 Takeaways

Top HM: Aaron Ward, BOS: 1 A, +3, 4 Hits; Zdeno Chara, BOS: 1 A, +2, 2 Takeaways; Marc Savard, BOS: 2 A; Saku Koivu, MON: 2 A, +1, 71.0% Faceoff Wins; Sergei Kostitsyn, MON: 2 A, +1

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 02:02 AM
One series in the Western Conference is in the books.

The Colorado Avalanche, the #6 seed in the Western Conference, eliminate the #3 seed and Northwest Division Champions, Minnesota Wild with a 2-1 victory in Game 6 from the Pepsi Center in Denver.

COL wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-2.

The Special Teams battle and the play of Avs goalie Jose Theodore were the difference in this series. The Avs scored 7 special teams goals to the Wild's 5. And Marian Gaborik finally got a point in this series, but it was too little, way too late.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Ben Guite, COL: 1 G, +1, 2 Blocked Shots, 1 Takeaway

2nd Star: Ryan Smyth, COL: 1 G, +1

1st Star: Jose Theodore, COL: 34 saves on 35 SOG

Top HM: David Jones, COL: 1 A, +1, 2 Hits; Scott Hannan, COL: +2, 2 Blocked Shots; Ruslan Salei, COL: +1, 4 Hits; Niklas Backstrom, MIN: 28 saves on 30 SOG

trentonthunder
04-20-08, 06:45 AM
Any comparison between Carey Price and Ken Dryden is premature. .

I don't think so. Carey Price is one of the most fundamentally sound goalies I've seen in a long while. Ken Dryden had some phenomenal teams playing in front of him (ala
Marty Brodeur in the 90's). Price's skills are better then Dryden as a rookie IMO.
Price looks a little in the face like Sawchuck.

Nice goal by Kessel for the Bruins.

trentonthunder
04-20-08, 06:47 AM
I grew up around hockey and my father was a huge Bruins fan. I used to watch it all the time but I just kind of lost interest over the years. The Bruins weren't really good enough to keep my attention. I was just starting to watch again before the strike and then I lost interest again.

The past couple of games have been unbelievable. The kind of hockey I remember from long ago. Okay that makes me sound old, but who cares. No matter what happens in Game 7, that game tonight will be remembered for a LONG time.

Yes, just like Hab fans remember Lafluer's OT goal in 78 ? 77?
I really thought the Bruins had the Habs that year, but it didn't work out.
I can't see Boston winning the series, but anything can happen. Good luck.

Pinstripedbass
04-20-08, 10:54 AM
I don't think so. Carey Price is one of the most fundamentally sound goalies I've seen in a long while. Ken Dryden had some phenomenal teams playing in front of him (ala
Marty Brodeur in the 90's). Price's skills are better then Dryden as a rookie IMO.
Price looks a little in the face like Sawchuck.

Nice goal by Kessel for the Bruins.</p Price's fundamentals are not in question. But he didn't look sharp in Game 5 and he wasn't exactly the Habs last line of defense in Game 6 (neither goalie was). But I remember Dryden when he first came up. I havewn't gotten that feeling about Carey Price yet. Give him some time.

Pinstripedbass
04-20-08, 10:55 AM
Price's fundamentals are not in question. But he didn't look sharp in Game 5 and he wasn't exactly the Habs last line of defense in Game 6 (neither goalie was). But I remember Dryden when he first came up. I havewn't gotten that feeling about Carey Price yet. Give him some time.

Pinstripedbass
04-20-08, 10:58 AM
That should read "I remember Dryden when he first came up being a brick wall for the Canadiens".

I'm having problems with this site. I'm getting error messages when I reply or try to edit.

trentonthunder
04-20-08, 11:55 AM
Price's fundamentals are not in question. But he didn't look sharp in Game 5 and he wasn't exactly the Habs last line of defense in Game 6 (neither goalie was). But I remember Dryden when he first came up. I havewn't gotten that feeling about Carey Price yet. Give him some time.

Fair enough. You may be right. Heck, the kid could turn out like Felix Potvin. Who knows. I think his only weakness right now is "seeing" shots from close in. His reaction time to shots from the top of the circle isn't that great yet. Maybe NHL shooters shoot the puck a lot harder/better, and he may adjust. However, his quickness on his feet, and his balance is Hasek like. He seems to handle the low shots a lot better then the high ones from 15-20 feet.

montrealer
04-20-08, 01:00 PM
You guys getting nervous up there yet? All the pressure is on the Habs here. Bruins are the #8 seed not expected to win, and have already made a nice showing responding down 3-1 to force a Game 7. I would expect the Montreal crowd to get a bit tense and restless if Game 7 doesnt start out quickly in their favor...which might cause the team to press and play tight....especially Price.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/montrealer07/BridgeJumpers.jpg:lol: :lol:

Meh.....just like the "Young Yankee Fan" alot of the the "yoots" are leaping this morning.
Myself along the the older fans know the 1st round is a crap shoot just like baseball of basketball. Last nite I was at my local bar and the owner had to turn away people. It`s amazing the way the fans have responded to the Habs this year.It`s been 15 years since this team has had something to cheer about. And it`s all thanks to the new ownership who took this team away from Molson Canada and all that bureaucratic BS 5 years ago. Gainey ask to give him 5 years to build a winner and we`re in year 3. No matter what happens tomorrow the experence this team has gained this year is so important to the future of this team. To think the so called" Hockey Experts " did not pick either team to even make the play-offs is funny in it`s self. Alot of back peddling by the pundits this past week. Anyway this is what it`s all about . I`m looking foward to tomorrow nite . Hopefully the "New Breed of Habs Fan" will survive tomorrow win or lose. As for me I still work the next day and have to pay my taxes before the end of the month. Win or lose nothing changes but it would be nice to go into as many rounds as possible just to gain the experence . This team is soooo young.

montrealer
04-20-08, 01:06 PM
That should read "I remember Dryden when he first came up being a brick wall for the Canadiens".

I'm having problems with this site. I'm getting error messages when I reply or try to edit.

Probably the best game I ever witnessed.......too bad I was only 13 years old and too young to appreciate it more

The Montreal Canadiens were matched against the Boston Bruins, and in one of the most extraordinary upsets in hockey history, Ken Dryden was hot in goal for the Canadiens as the Habs beat the Bears in seven games. Game 2 featured what many perceive as one of the greatest comebacks in NHL history. With the Bruins leading 52 heading into the third period, the Canadiens, who had trailed 51, scored 5 goals in the final session to win 75. The prominent Canadian sports journalist Red Fisher lists the Canadiens' comeback has the 8th most memorable moment in his over 49 years of covering hockey. In game 4, Bobby Orr became the first defenceman to get a hat trick in a playoff game when Boston won 52. The Canadiens' upset was so sensational that the Canadiens nearly suffered a fatal letdown against the Minnesota North Stars. The Canadiens' 63 loss in Montreal on April 22 to Minnesota, led by the goaltending of Cesare Maniago, would be the first playoff defeat for an Original Six team at the hands of a 1967 Expansion franchise. However, Montreal would go on to win the series in six games and advance to the finals. John Ferguson of Montreal openly criticized coach Al MacNeil.
New York beat Toronto, but Bobby Hull and the Chicago Black Hawks were just too much for the Rangers and the Black Hawks advanced to the finals in seven games. Hull won two games with goals on face-offs, despite Glen Sather's coverage of him to check him.
[edit]Playoff bracket

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 01:56 PM

Western Conference Quarterfinals: #3 Minnesota Wild v. #6 Colorado Avalanche

3rd Star of the Series: Brian Rolston, MIN: 6 P (2 G, 4 A), +4

2nd Star of the Series: Ruslan Salei, COL: 3 P (1 G, 2 A), +3, 19 Hits, 15 Blocked Shots

1st Star of the Series: Jose Theodore, COL: 4-2, 1.88 GAA, .940 SV%

Honorable Mentions:

MIN
Mikko Koivu: 5 P (4 G, 1 A), 49.2% Faceoff Wins
Pierre-Marc Bouchard: 4 P (2 G, 2 A), +1
Brent Burns: 2 A, 23 Hits, 7 Blocked Shots

COL
Joe Sakic: 6 P (2 G, 4 A), 8 Takeaways
Peter Forsberg: 5 P (1 G, 4 A), +3
Andrew Brunette: 3 P (3 G, 2 A)
Ben Guite: 1 G, +2, 3 Takeaways, 55.7% Faceoff Wins
Tyler Arnason: 3 P (1 G, 2 A), +2, 5 Takeaways, 50.0% Faceoff Wins
Scott Hannan: +2, 13 Blocked Shots

YanksFan1992
04-20-08, 06:20 PM
And Detroit has become the 4th team into the second round with a 3-0 win over Nashville to give the Red Wins a 4-2 series win.

YanksFan1992
04-20-08, 08:55 PM
1-0 Calgary at the first intermission.

Come on Flames! :gulp:

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 09:17 PM
And Detroit has become the 4th team into the second round with a 3-0 win over Nashville to give the Red Wins a 4-2 series win.
Credit the Nashville Predators for hanging in there and fighting to the bitter end against the President's Trophy Winners.

Predators goalie Dan Ellis was amazing in net. They played very well without their center Jason Arnott, but David Legwand and Scott Nichol came back.

However in this game, the Detroit Red Wings got the lucky bounces going their way. Nicklas Lidstrom scored from Center Ice with a lucky bounce, kind of similar to Lidstrom's goal from Center Ice against the Vancouver Canucks in the 2002 Playoffs where the Wings went on to win the Stanley Cup that year.

Chris Osgood got his 2nd straight start and got a shutout.

Final Score from the Music City's Somnet Center

Detroit Red Wings 3, Nashville Predators 0

DET wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-2.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Henrik Zetterberg, DET: 1 A, +2, 50.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star: Dan Ellis, NSH: 40 saves on 42 SOG

1st Star: Nicklas Lidstrom, DET: 1 G, +2, 4 SOG

Top HM: Brian Rafalski, DET: 1 G, +2, 4 SOG; David Legwand, NSH: 5 SOG; Greg de Vries, NSH: 4 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 09:37 PM
We're one period away from either a Calgary Flames win and forcing a Game 7 on Tuesday at the Shark Tank on Tuesday or a San Jose Sharks comeback for a series win.

Daymond Langkow puts the Flames in front 2-0 after 2 periods.

YanksFan1992
04-20-08, 09:54 PM
Alright Flames! :D

I just found out I'll be in Calgary from May 2nd-May 4th so here's hoping they'll advance. :gulp:

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 10:31 PM
Alright Flames! :D

I just found out I'll be in Calgary from May 2nd-May 4th so here's hoping they'll advance. :gulp:
We do have a Game 7 on Tuesday

The Calgary Flames win Game 6, 2-0 over the San Jose Sharks.

Best-of-7 Series, tied 3-3.

Both goalies were great tonight, but it was the Flames who were the better team in Game 6.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Evgeni Nabokov, SJS: 23 saves on 25 SOG

2nd Star: Owen Nolan, CGY: 1 G, +1

1st Star: Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY: 21 saves, SHO

Top HM: Dion Phaneuf, CGY: +2, 6 Hits; Ryan Clowe, SJS: 6 SOG

YanksFan1992
04-20-08, 10:31 PM
And both remaining Canadian teams will be headed to a Game 7 as Calgary has defeated San Jose 2-0 to tie the series at 3 a piece. :gulp:

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 10:39 PM
We might have a 3rd Game 7.

The Anaheim Ducks, off a Corey Perry goal, are one period away from forcing a Game 7 against the Dallas Stars.

The Ducks lead the Stars 1-0 after two periods.

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 10:41 PM
And both remaining Canadian teams will be headed to a Game 7 as Calgary has defeated San Jose 2-0 to tie the series at 3 a piece. :gulp:
We only had one Game 7 in last season's NHL playoffs.

This year, we got 2 at the moment.

dabomb2045
04-20-08, 10:45 PM
Assuming Anaheim holds on to force Game 7....we're gonna have two Game 7's on at the same time Tuesday night. Sucks since obviously that means one of them wont be televised.

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 10:47 PM
Assuming Anaheim holds on to force Game 7....we're gonna have two Game 7's on at the same time Tuesday night. Sucks since obviously that means one of them wont be televised.
Thankfully for me, the San Jose Sharks will be on CSN Bay Area.

dabomb2045
04-20-08, 10:51 PM
Dallas ties it up on the PP

dabomb2045
04-20-08, 10:53 PM
And now Dallas takes the lead

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 11:03 PM

Western Conference Quarterfinals: #1 Detroit Red Wings v. #8 Nashville Predators

3rd Star of the Series: Dan Ellis, NSH: 2-4, 2.52 GAA, .938 SV%

2nd Star of the Series: Henrik Zetterberg, DET: 4 P (2 G, 2 A), +4, 6 Blocked Shots, 7 Takeaways, 51.1% Faceoff Wins

1st Star of the Series: Pavel Datsyuk, DET: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), +3, 7 Takeaways, 63.9% Faceoff Wins

Honorable Mentions

DET
Nicklas Lidstrom: 3 P (2 G, 1 A), +2, 5 Takeaways
Niklas Kronvall: 5 A, +1, 13 Hits, 5 Takeaways
Brian Rafalski: 4 P (1 G, 3 A), +3
Johan Franzen: 4 P (2 G, 2 A), +2, 6 Takeaways
Kris Draper: 3 P (2 G, 1 A), 63.3% Faceoff Wins

NSH
Shea Weber: 4 P (1 G, 3 A), 18 Hits
Martin Erat: 4 P (1 G, 3 A)
Alexander Radulov: 4 P (2 G, 2 A)
Greg Zanon: 2 A, +2, 15 Hits, 12 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 11:05 PM
Dallas ties it up on the PP
The Ducks are hurting themselves with penalties and once again, the Stars are taking advantage on their power plays.

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 11:23 PM
We will have a new Stanley Cup winner.

Loui Eriksson puts the icing on the cake for the Dallas Stars against the Anaheim Ducks.

dabomb2045
04-20-08, 11:24 PM
Dominate 3rd period by Dallas.....the defending champs are done

BroadwayBomber55
04-20-08, 11:29 PM
Mike Modano puts the cherry on top with an empty net goal.

The Dallas Stars win Game 6 and the series over the Anaheim Ducks, 4-1.

DAL wins the Best-of-7 Series, 4-2.

Disclipine cost the Ducks this year. The Stars Power Play made them pay.

BB55's 3-Stars

3rd Star: Brenden Morrow, DAL: 6 Hits

2nd Star: Stu Barnes, DAL: 1 G, +1, 2 Takeaways

1st Star: Stephane Robidas, DAL: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 7 Hits

Top HM: Mattias Nordstrom, DAL: +1, 4 Blocked Shots; Mike Modano, DAL: 1 G, 1 A, 5 SOG

CanoForPresident
04-20-08, 11:45 PM
I am very impressed with the Stars.

26 and counting
04-20-08, 11:52 PM
What channel will the Bruins-Canadiens Game 7 be on tomorrow? On my guide it's saying that Capitals-Flyers Game 6 will be on Versus, but I'd much rather see the Game 7.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the Capitals-Flyers game. I'm sure that it will be great. But considering that Montreal and Boston are a historic rivalry, and the #1 seed is on the verge of possibly blowing a 3-1 series lead to its arch rival, I'd rather see the this series if given the choice.

dabomb2045
04-21-08, 12:07 AM
What channel will the Bruins-Canadiens Game 7 be on tomorrow? On my guide it's saying that Capitals-Flyers Game 6 will be on Versus, but I'd much rather see the Game 7.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the Capitals-Flyers game. I'm sure that it will be great. But considering that Montreal and Boston are a historic rivalry, and the #1 seed is on the verge of possibly blowing a 3-1 series lead to its arch rival, I'd rather see the this series if given the choice.

The Bruins-Habs game is def on Versus...originally it was suppose to be Caps-Flyers but they changed it.

YanksFan1992
04-21-08, 12:14 AM

Here's the TV schedule on Versus' website:

Monday:
Montreal-Boston-7:00 PM Eastern (Versus and CBC)
Washington-Philadelphia-7:00 PM Eastern (TSN)

Tuesday:
Washington-Philadelphia-7:00 PM Eastern if necessary (TSN)
Calgary-San Jose-10:00 PM Eastern (Versus and CBC)

Wow, that would really stink to be a Washington or Philly fan, you could be missing both Game 6 and 7 of your team's series. :eek:

dabomb2045
04-21-08, 12:40 AM
Here's the TV schedule on Versus' website:

Monday:
Montreal-Boston-7:00 PM Eastern (Versus and CBC)
Washington-Philadelphia-7:00 PM Eastern (TSN)

Tuesday:
Washington-Philadelphia-7:00 PM Eastern if necessary (TSN)
Calgary-San Jose-10:00 PM Eastern (Versus and CBC)

Wow, that would really stink to be a Washington or Philly fan, you could be missing both Game 6 and 7 of your team's series. :eek:

I have to assume that Versus will pick up a Game 7 of Washington-Philly....no way they wont

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 02:07 AM

Western Conference Quarterfinals: #4 Anaheim Ducks v. #5 Dallas Stars

3rd Star of the Series: Mike Ribeiro, DAL: 8 P (2 G, 6 A), 12 Hits, 6 Takeaways, 50.0% Faceoff Wins

2nd Star of the Series: Stephane Robidas, DAL: 6 P (1 G, 5 A), +2, 32 Hits, 7 Blocked Shots

1st Star of the Series: Marty Turco, DAL: 4-2, 2.01 GAA, 1 SHO, .912 SV%

Honorable Mentions:

ANA
Chris Pronger: 5 P (2 G, 3 A), 16 Hits, 11 Blocked Shots
Ryan Getzlaf: 5 P (2 G, 3 A), 16 Hits, 6 Takeaways

DAL
Mike Modano: 6 P (2 G, 4 A), +1, 5 Takeaways, 52.3% Faceoff Wins
Brenden Morrow: 6 P (3 G, 3 A), 19 Hits, 5 Takeaways
Brad Richards: 5 P (1 G, 4 A), +2
Steve Ott: 2 G, 21 Hits, 68.4% Faceoff Wins
Nicklas Grossman: 1 A, +4, 13 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 02:08 AM
I am very impressed with the Stars.
Especially the Stars defense having a great series without their #1 blueliner Sergei Zubov.

Special Teams was also a factor in the Stars series win against the Ducks.

The Stars PP in the ANA series: 26.3% (10 for 38).

Times Shorthanded against the ANA PP: 17 times (ANA had 4 PP).

26 and counting
04-21-08, 05:21 AM
I sure wish I was my brother. He's in San Jose this week on a business trip, and Tuesday night he's scalping tickets to get in to the Calgary-San Jose Game 7.

montrealer
04-21-08, 06:54 AM
Woo Hoo..........It`s game 7 folks.............already made my reservations at the Pub for tonite. It`s been a long time since I`ve seen the city like this. Have a Doctors appointment tomorrow so I`m off.

RhodyYanksFan
04-21-08, 09:19 AM
Woo Hoo..........It`s game 7 folks.............already made my reservations at the Pub for tonite. It`s been a long time since I`ve seen the city like this. Have a Doctors appointment tomorrow so I`m off.

I'm really disappointed in your Habs. They should have sweeped the Bruins. Now the city has hope. I hate seeing Boston with hope and happiness.

montrealer
04-21-08, 12:04 PM
I'm really disappointed in your Habs. They should have sweeped the Bruins. Now the city has hope. I hate seeing Boston with hope and happiness.
:lol: Yeah..........well just when they`re full of Hope and Happiness.......we`ll snatch it away from them.....

Mezmerize
04-21-08, 12:11 PM
:lol: Yeah..........well just when they`re full of Hope and Happiness.......we`ll snatch it away from them.....

They're in Carey Price's head! :)

montrealer
04-21-08, 12:16 PM
They're in Carey Price's head! :)

He`s Mezmerized............

Mezmerize
04-21-08, 12:32 PM
He`s Mezmerized............

Heh heh... I gotta say, it's been a great series, something that's been sorely lacking (at least from a Bruins POV) for the past 4 seasons. These games are always great.

RhodyYanksFan
04-21-08, 12:34 PM
:lol:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg268/seeinredpics/c718ccd3e8.jpg

njdhockey
04-21-08, 12:46 PM
Awesome pic! I had a good time laughing at Niedermayer last night.

montrealer
04-21-08, 01:06 PM

OUCH!!!!!!

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 01:23 PM

ROFL!:lol:

Very stoked for the Habs Bruins game tonight.

When Price was drafted, a majority of Habs fans were livid. A year later, they hyped him up to be the next great goalie and the next year, he was even more hyped after his performance at the WJC's.

The amount of pressure on this kid tonight is going to be ridiculous. I'm glad that I'm not Carey Price. If he puts on a game 5/6 esque performance, the Habs fans will let him hear it.

Either way, we'll see what Mr. Price is made of tonight.

Go Bruins.

montrealer
04-21-08, 02:59 PM
ROFL!:lol:

Very stoked for the Habs Bruins game tonight.

When Price was drafted, a majority of Habs fans were livid. A year later, they hyped him up to be the next great goalie and the next year, he was even more hyped after his performance at the WJC's.

The amount of pressure on this kid tonight is going to be ridiculous. I'm glad that I'm not Carey Price. If he puts on a game 5/6 esque performance, the Habs fans will let him hear it.

Either way, we'll see what Mr. Price is made of tonight.

Go Bruins.

See my Av........;) A Dryden -like performance is in the books.....

RhodyYanksFan
04-21-08, 02:59 PM
Awesome pic! I had a good time laughing at Niedermayer last night.

I had more fun laughing at Marty on Friday ;)

PS see my last post in the "Things that amuse you" thread.

StatenIslandYankee
04-21-08, 04:01 PM
Good job by YES. Habs and Bruins have played the most game 7's of any two teams in SPORTS HISTORY (7 of them).

montrealer
04-21-08, 04:45 PM
Good job by YES. Habs and Bruins have played the most game 7's of any two teams in SPORTS HISTORY (7 of them).
When was the last time there was a game 7 in Montreal?

Hint: Not in 1993 even though there were 11 OT games

montrealer
04-21-08, 04:53 PM
CLEAR !!!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/montrealer07/defibulator.jpg

njdhockey
04-21-08, 06:19 PM
I had more fun laughing at Marty on Friday ;)

PS see my last post in the "Things that amuse you" thread.
Meh, at least Marty plays the full year and is a team player. I never go in that other thread but I'll head there now.

EDIT: I don't understand all the fuss about the handshake incident. Marty didn't extend a hand, neither did Avery. Its not the first time players don't shake hands and it won't be the last. I agree that players should respect each other and do it as a sign of good sportsmanship, but why bother if you truly don't respect the other player. Marty shook the hand of every other Ranger, obviously he respects them. Its not secret that players around the league hate Avery, I think he was voted the most hated recently. I also remember DP saying something along the lines of 'I know 90% of the league including myself was hoping Avery would get a puck to the back of the neck' when he was pulling his latest stunt (the blocking thing). Apparently Avery said some real personal things to Brodeur...my question to you is, If I was your neighbor, and kept making rude personal attacks towards you, would you shake my hand? I agree with Lou here... Link (http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2008/04/another_hellish_offseason.html)

"I have no comment on that, but I support Marty 100 percent," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said yesterday on the first day of his long offseason. "I've seen it before, and we'll see it again. There are reasons why it was done that other people don't know. There is a line people can cross in this game."

I also thought TG (http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/04/brodeurs-snub-o.html) had a good take on it...

Normally, I would not defend Brodeur not shaking Sean Avery's hand. It's wrong 99.9 percent of the time.

It was wrong when Scott Stevens and Bobby Holik skipped the handshake line following the 1997 series between the Devils and Rangers and claimed afterward that they forgot about it.

But this is the .1 percent of the time when it wasn't wrong.

If Sean Avery wants to say things about Brodeur's family and his personal life and stare him down face-to-face he can't reasonably expect the guy to shake his hand afterward. Would it have been classy of Brodeur if he had done it anyway? Yes. But it also would have been disingenuous, which was exactly what Avery was.

Brodeur doesn't like Avery and Avery has already said he doesn't like Brodeur. That's fine. It's great for the rivalry. Avery is a pretty good hockey player, but Brodeur obviously thinks he crossed the line. To him, that was something that you just don't forget when a series is over.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-21-08, 06:41 PM
Bottom line...Marty has nothing to apologize for. It's Sean Avery. Marty's reputation as a legendary goalie and winner of multiple Stanley Cups will never be tarnished by him.

montrealer
04-21-08, 06:46 PM
Bottom line...Marty has nothing to apologize for. It's Sean Avery. Marty's reputation as a legendary goalie and winner of multiple Stanley Cups will never be tarnished by him.

I concur..............Marty may very well finish his career as the greatest and even I wouldn`t argue that point and I grew up watching Dryden......6 cups ......8 years.....

njdhockey
04-21-08, 06:47 PM
I agree. I also don't want to appear like I am just attacking Avery. Don't get me wrong, I hate him, but the fact is he plays the role of a pest very, very well, and he does have skill. The guy is a good hockey player, its just a shame that he pulls some crazy antics here and there, since that tarnishes him.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 06:51 PM
When was the last time there was a game 7 in Montreal?

Hint: Not in 1993 even though there were 11 OT games
May 1, 1992 when Les Habs defeat the Hartford Whalers 3-2 in Double OT of Game 7 of the Wales Conference Division Semi-finals.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-21-08, 07:09 PM
May 1, 1992 when Les Habs defeat the Hartford Whalers 3-2 in Double OT of Game 7 of the Wales Conference Division Semi-finals.

Should be a great game 7. I rooted for Montreal back when they beat the LA Queens, I'm behind them again all these years later now that NJ is done.

njdhockey
04-21-08, 07:20 PM
Montreal gets out to an early lead, Boston had 2 strong chances to tie it up but didn't take advantage of them.

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 07:23 PM
Meh, at least Marty plays the full year and is a team player. I never go in that other thread but I'll head there now.

EDIT: I don't understand all the fuss about the handshake incident. Marty didn't extend a hand, neither did Avery. Its not the first time players don't shake hands and it won't be the last. I agree that players should respect each other and do it as a sign of good sportsmanship, but why bother if you truly don't respect the other player. Marty shook the hand of every other Ranger, obviously he respects them. Its not secret that players around the league hate Avery, I think he was voted the most hated recently. I also remember DP saying something along the lines of 'I know 90% of the league including myself was hoping Avery would get a puck to the back of the neck' when he was pulling his latest stunt (the blocking thing). Apparently Avery said some real personal things to Brodeur...my question to you is, If I was your neighbor, and kept making rude personal attacks towards you, would you shake my hand? I agree with Lou here... Link (http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2008/04/another_hellish_offseason.html)

I also thought TG (http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/04/brodeurs-snub-o.html) had a good take on it...

I didn't have a huge problem with this. Claude Lemieux got stiffed a bunch of times, it's not a big deal.

Marty isn';t a team player though. He has always been a me first guy.

njdhockey
04-21-08, 07:41 PM
I didn't have a huge problem with this. Claude Lemieux got stiffed a bunch of times, it's not a big deal.

Marty isn';t a team player though. He has always been a me first guy.
If he isn't a team player then why did he take a discount to help with the cap space and allow Lou flexibility to sign Elias and other free agents? Yeh, he does have a bit of an ego, but I have never seen him put himself over the good of the team. He makes it very clear in the first chapter of his book how grateful he is to Lou and the organization. Also, he just turned down playing for Canada in his native Quebec with his former coach (Burns) at the World Championships so Leclaire and Ward could have a shot to play for Canada.

njdhockey
04-21-08, 07:44 PM
I thought Boston was the better team that period, if they play like that in the second they should at least tie the game if not take the lead. Price played well for Montreal. Hopefully this game stays tight...I'd be all for some multiple overtimes to decide this one.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 07:45 PM
The Bruins did have some chances, but couldn't capitalize.

Montreal is outhitting them after 19-7, but they're also turning the puck over.

Mike Komisarek scored the only goal in the 1st Period as the Canadiens lead the Bruins 1-0 after 1.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 07:48 PM
The Philadelphia Flyers lead the Washington Capitals 1-0 in Game 6 after 1 period.

Mike Richards the only goal in the 1st 20 minutes on the Power Play.

The Capitals had a lot of giveaways in the 1st.

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 07:56 PM
If he isn't a team player then why did he take a discount to help with the cap space and allow Lou flexibility to sign Elias and other free agents? Yeh, he does have a bit of an ego, but I have never seen him put himself over the good of the team. He makes it very clear in the first chapter of his book how grateful he is to Lou and the organization. Also, he just turned down playing for Canada in his native Quebec with his former coach (Burns) at the World Championships so Leclaire and Ward could have a shot to play for Canada.

Maybe because he is afraid that if the talent around him drops, he will be exposed ;)

You're one of my favorite people on this site NJD, but if you truely believe that marty isn't playing the WJC's because he wants to give Leclaire and Ward a chance to play you're really, really gullible.

njdhockey
04-21-08, 08:05 PM
Maybe because he is afraid that if the talent around him drops, he will be exposed ;)

You're one of my favorite people on this site NJD, but if you truely believe that marty isn't playing the WJC's because he wants to give Leclaire and Ward a chance to play you're really, really gullible.
I can't think of a reason not to believe him. He seems to be pretty upfront and honest. Sure, I do think other factors played into it, the main factor being how much he played this year and how old he is. But I do think he was being genuine when he said this...

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/04/brodeur-a-vezin.html

"There's two young goalies (Cam Ward and Pascal Leclaire) that made the commitment to play for Canada when they didn't make the playoffs," Brodeur said. "It didn't seem right for me anyway. It was a chaotic year with travel for us. With the last two or three weeks on the road and the playoffs being away (in the hotels before games), it wasn't what I wanted to do. Definitely the fact that it's in Quebec, I thought about it more than I thought (he would). At first, I was like, 'There's no way I'm going.' But, after that, I really considered it because, first of all, Burnsie is there and I would have loved to spend some time with him again.

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 08:23 PM
I can't think of a reason not to believe him. He seems to be pretty upfront and honest. Sure, I do think other factors played into it, the main factor being how much he played this year and how old he is. But I do think he was being genuine when he said this...

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/04/brodeur-a-vezin.html

Bingo.

and the World championships arent really the most glorious tournament.

Streit just pwned Chara.

Play the body, not the puck.

dabomb2045
04-21-08, 08:26 PM
Looking like the Rangers will be on their way to Pittsburgh

montrealer
04-21-08, 08:36 PM
:clap: :clap:

dabomb2045
04-21-08, 08:39 PM
Nice 2nd period rally by the Caps to tie it up 2-2....I thought they might fold when they got down 2 goals

StatenIslandYankee
04-21-08, 08:48 PM
Looks like Montreal is advancing ...

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 08:58 PM
Nice 2nd period rally by the Caps to tie it up 2-2....I thought they might fold when they got down 2 goals
Now, it's the Flyers that are giving away the puck to the Capitals.

The Capitals need to continue taking advantage of miscues in order to force Game 7 tomorrow night back in D.C.

Tyler Durden
04-21-08, 09:02 PM
Now, it's the Flyers that are giving away the puck to the Capitals.

The Capitals need to continue taking advantage of miscues in order to force Game 7 tomorrow night back in D.C.

This is one intense game! I hope the Flyers can put this series away at home.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 09:14 PM
This is one intense game! I hope the Flyers can put this series away at home.
It has been intense between the Capitals and Flyers throughout the whole series.

StatenIslandYankee
04-21-08, 09:15 PM
Caps 3, Philly 2

montrealer
04-21-08, 09:18 PM
Oiy.......I`m in need of a shot.....

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 09:21 PM
Oiy.......I`m in need of a shot.....

Take a few my good man.

Habs D has been excellent in limiting second chances and Price has been solid.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 09:22 PM
Caps 3, Philly 2
Make it 4-2 Capitals 3rd 7:54

Alexander Ovechkin scored his 2nd goal of the game.

Mezmerize
04-21-08, 09:25 PM
GG, Montreal was clearly the better team. Better luck next season... =\

JWHIII
04-21-08, 09:30 PM
Screw the Habs, good season Bruins.

AMYanks
04-21-08, 09:30 PM
Looks like the Caps might advance after all, so we might get to play Montreal instead of Pittsburgh.

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 09:31 PM
Looks like the Caps might advance after all, so we might get to play Montreal instead of Pittsburgh.

Bring on the Habs.

Reggie Smith
04-21-08, 09:32 PM
"Nah-nah-nah-nah. Nah-nah-nah-nah. Hey, hey. Good-bye."

Sounds like "Nineteen-eighteen" to me..............:(

Mezmerize
04-21-08, 09:33 PM
"Nah-nah-nah-nah. Nah-nah-nah-nah. Hey, hey. Good-bye."

Sounds like "Nineteen-eighteen" to me..............:(

Yea it sucks, but what can you do?

edit - oh yea, I guess I was wrong about Price. Montrealer called it.

JWHIII
04-21-08, 09:35 PM
Nothing was expected of the Bruins, . Great series, best team won.

edited for ignorance- Bruins had a great season, looking forward to watching this team in the years to come.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 09:43 PM
It was a great series between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens.

It was all Les Habs tonight in Game 7, but Claude Julien and the B's gace it a tremendous effort.

Final Score from the Bell Centre

Montreal Canadiens 5, Boston Bruins 0

MON wins Best-of-7 Series, 4-3.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 09:45 PM
Alexander Ovechkin scored 2 goals tonight. Daniel Briere scored his 10th point of the series, but was a -3.

The Caps force a Game 7 tomorrow nigth from the Verizon Center.

Final Score from South Philly

Washington Capitals 4, Philadelphia Flyers 2

Best-of-7 Series, tied 3-3.

RhodyYanksFan
04-21-08, 09:46 PM

Why do you have Drury as a zombie in your avatar??

Either way, whoever we play will be coming off a 7 game tiring series so it should bode well for the Rangers. :gulp:

AMYanks
04-21-08, 09:49 PM
Why do you have Drury as a zombie in your avatar??

Either way, whoever we play will be coming off a 7 game tiring series so it should bode well for the Rangers. :gulp:

It's from HF.

And if Philly wins, we'll play Pittsburgh.

YanksFan1992
04-21-08, 09:55 PM
Alright Montreal! :gulp:

Also, unbelievable game from Ovechkin for the Caps.

StatenIslandYankee
04-21-08, 09:59 PM
Looks like the Caps might advance after all, so we might get to play Montreal instead of Pittsburgh.Thank GOD. I'd rather play Montreal.

montrealer
04-21-08, 10:24 PM
I tip my hat to the Bruins...........guttsy performance........Julien is a very good coach..........Oiy....now whose next......

JWHIII
04-21-08, 10:33 PM
montrealer, great series. another chapter in a great rivalry. 30 something times in the playoffs? puts Sox/yanks to shame. Game 6 was the best sporting event I've ever been to in my life. Enjoy the next round...

CanoForPresident
04-21-08, 11:01 PM
Thank GOD. I'd rather play Montreal.

The way I see it, if the Rangers are going to win the East, they will have to beat both teams.

I think Montreal is better than they showed in the first round and Pittsburgh isn't as good as they looked in the first but I wouldn't be in a rush to play either team.

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 11:23 PM
BB55's 3 Stars - Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game 7: Montreal Canadiens 5, Boston Bruins 0

3rd Star: Alexei Kovalev, MTL: 2 A, +2

2nd Star: Mike Komisarek, MTL: 1 G, +2, 4 Blocked Shots

1st Star: Carey Price, MTL: 25 saves, SHO

Top HM: Andrei Kostitsyn, MTL: 2 G, 1 A, +2, 4 SOG; Steve Begin, MTL: 7 Hits; Roman Hamrilk, MTL: 1 A, +1, 4 Blocked Shots, 4 Hits; Sergei Kostitsyn, MTL: 1 G, 1 A, +2; Josh Gorges, MTL: +1, 3 Blocked Shots

BroadwayBomber55
04-21-08, 11:42 PM
BB55's 3 Stars - Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game 6: Washington Capitals 4, Philadelphia Flyers 2

3rd Star: Alexander Semin, WSH: 1 G, 1 A, +2, 4 SOG

2nd Star: Cristobal Huet, WSH: 33 saves on 35 SOG

1st Star: Alexander Ovechkin, WSH: 2 G, +1, 9 SOG

Top HM: Nicklas Backstom, WSH: 1 G, +2, 2 Hits, 1 Takeaway; John Erskine, WSH: 1 A, +3, 5 Hits; Sergei Fedorov, WSH: 1 A, +1, 2 Takeaways, 50.0% Faceoff Wins; Brooks Laich, WSH: 2 A, +2, 6 SOG; Mike Richards, PHI: 1 G, 4 SOG, 57.0% Faceoff Wins

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 12:07 AM
It's from HF.

And if Philly wins, we'll play Pittsburgh.

What's HF?

njdhockey
04-22-08, 12:16 AM
What's HF?
http://hfboards.com/

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 12:17 AM
What's HF?

Hockey's Future (http://hfboards.com), which I would have to say is by far the most popular and active hockey forum on the web.

StatenIslandYankee
04-22-08, 12:49 AM
The way I see it, if the Rangers are going to win the East, they will have to beat both teams.

I think Montreal is better than they showed in the first round and Pittsburgh isn't as good as they looked in the first but I wouldn't be in a rush to play either team.Pittsburgh has too much fire power, I want to avoid them as long as I can.

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 12:58 AM
Pittsburgh has too much fire power, I want to avoid them as long as I can.

They're also questionable on the blueline and in goal.

I'd probably rather play the Habs first only because they don't have as many physical players as the Pens. Habs seem to have "it" though.

I wonder what all the Hab fans who were pissed they wasted a high draft pick on a "defensive D-man" when they drafted Komisarek are saying now? He's a beast.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 03:05 AM
This is one of my toughest 3-Stars series to pick, but I'll give it a go.

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: #1 Montreal Canadiens v. #8 Boston Bruins

3rd Star of the Series: Tim Thomas, BOS: 3-4, 2.65 GAA, .914 SV%

2nd Star of the Series: Mike Komisarek, MTL: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), +4, 26 Hits, 26 Blocked Shots

1st Star of the Series: Carey Price, MTL: 4-3, 2.09 GAA, 2 SHO, .925 SV%

Honorable Mentions

MTL
Sergei Kostitsyn: 6 P (3 G, 3 A), +4, 10 Hits
Alexei Kovalev: 6 P (2 G, 4 A)
Andrei Kostitsyn: 5 P (3 G, 2 A), 12 Hits
Steve Begin: 3 A, +3, 37 Hits
Tom Kostopoulos: 3 P (2 G, 1 A), 24 Hits, 2 Takeaways
Roman Hamrlik: 3 P (1 G, 2 A), +2, 25 Hits, 21 Blocked Shots
Tomas Plekanec: 4 P (1 G, 3 A), 7 Takeaways, 55.1% Faceoff Wins

BOS
Marc Savard: 6 P (1 G, 5 A), 52.8% Faceoff Wins
Phil Kessel: 4 P (3 G, 1 A), +1
Milan Lucic: 2 G, 35 Hits
Marco Sturm: 4 P (2 G, 2 A), 11 Hits, 23 SOG
David Krejci: 5 P (1 G, 4 A), 2 Takeaways
Peter Schafer: 4 P (1 G, 3 A), +2, 9 Hits, 2 Takeaways
Zdeno Chara: 2 P (1 G, 1 A), 21 Hits, 12 Blocked Shots, 5 Takeaways

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 03:06 AM

I'd probably rather play the Habs first only because they don't have as many physical players as the Pens. Habs seem to have "it" though.

I wonder what all the Hab fans who were pissed they wasted a high draft pick on a "defensive D-man" when they drafted Komisarek are saying now? He's a beast.
26 Hits, 26 Blocked Shots for Mike Komisarek against the Boston Bruins.

AMYanks
04-22-08, 04:17 AM
Your team just advanced from the first round, against the #8 seed, a team that out played your team 5 of the 7 games... how will you celebrate, Montreal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYTV717bdsM

Imagine if they swept? If they win the Cup, what's the over/under on murders?

Tabata
04-22-08, 05:29 AM
Your team just advanced from the first round, against the #8 seed, a team that out played your team 5 of the 7 games... how will you celebrate, Montreal?

Pfft, that's Indian Cricket fans after every training session.

montrealer
04-22-08, 07:13 AM
Hockey's Future (http://hfboards.com), which I would have to say is by far the most popular and active hockey forum on the web.
great place or hockey.......

In Mo I Trust
04-22-08, 07:26 AM

Montreal gagne la series

montrealer
04-22-08, 07:33 AM

.....Please...........we`ve won a few Cups......other than a few drunkin arse-holes with broken bones we`ve survived as a people....;)

montrealer
04-22-08, 07:37 AM

.......The only people whom have trouble with these picks are the French media. They rather see French born players instead of American stars.Wait till you see who`s coming up next year...........:D

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 02:05 PM
Look for the Caps to get every call tonight as Bettman and Versus use all their weight to ensure a Ovechkin/Crosby series.

sprucemoose
04-22-08, 02:52 PM
Look for the Caps to get every call tonight as Bettman and Versus use all their weight to ensure a Ovechkin/Crosby series.

That is a pretty serious accusation.

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 02:54 PM
.......The only people whom have trouble with these picks are the French media. They rather see French born players instead of American stars.Wait till you see who`s coming up next year...........:D

McDonagh is more than a year away.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 03:01 PM
The Flyers had a huge loss in their roster.

Mike Knuble is out for the rest of their series against the Capitals with a hamstring injury

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3354698&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 03:05 PM
That is a pretty serious accusation.

I'm just saying I know who the league and tv station are rooting for tonight. I don't see them altering the outcome, but the way the whole playoffs so far have been officiated, anything would look suspicious.

montrealer
04-22-08, 07:39 PM
Huet let`s in a crap goal......Merde........1-1 in the 1st.

southernNYYfan
04-22-08, 07:45 PM
Flyers only seem to score on the PP...nice job fending off the 2 man advantage...

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 07:50 PM
Flyers only seem to score on the PP...nice job fending off the 2 man advantage...
Well, both teams had a 5-on-3 PP, but only Niklas Backstrom converted the 2-man advantage PP. Scott Upshall's PP goal was on a 5-on-4 PP.

1 period in the books

Washington Capitals 1, Philadelphia Flyers 1

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 08:23 PM
How is that not interference?!?!

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 08:28 PM
How is that not interference?!?!
Both teams are getting bad calls so far.

The Capitals were robbed of goalie interference. The Flyers were also robbed of their own interference call.

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 08:32 PM
What a ................ing lethal wrister by Ovechkin.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 08:33 PM
So far, it has been a series filled with momentum shifts.

Both teams are going for it all and they have no fear.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 08:34 PM
It sure is. That was quick. Alexander Ovechkin had that puck in a nanosecond.

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-08, 08:41 PM

He's unreal.

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 08:42 PM

Ridiculous. The guy can score from anywhere.

BroadwayBomber55
2 Periods in the Books

Washington Capitals 2, Philadelphia Flyers 2

Alexander Ovechkin has a goal and a assist so far after 40 minutes.

montrealer
Come on Caps..................

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 08:47 PM
Come on Caps..................

You want the Rangers, eh? ;)

montrealer
04-22-08, 09:25 PM
You want the Rangers, eh? ;)

Original six series are the best. :gulp: You don`t choose your opponents . It is what it is.;)

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 09:27 PM
Original six series are the best. :gulp:

Cannot argue with this. Not to mention Montreal and NYC have perhaps the two best playoff crowds in the league.

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 09:33 PM
Overtime in Game 7....sports simply does not get any better then this.

YanksFan1992
04-22-08, 09:39 PM
Ohhhh baby :gulp:

26 and counting
04-22-08, 09:44 PM
My brother is in San Jose tonight, and scalped tickets to the Flames-Sharks Game 7. He's wearing his Hartford Whalers jersey, and he said that Flames fans were shaking his hand, and Sharks fans were like, "What's that?":D

Then he told me that he got special preferred seats, which are on a five-year waiting list, and he had access to an open bar and a buffet. Also, he was watching the Flyers-Capitals game on high-def. Lucky bastard.:P

montrealer
04-22-08, 09:55 PM
Another game seven later tonite............Thank You God.............

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 09:58 PM
Poti goes to the penalty box in OT.....Rangers fans everywhere laugh

montrealer
04-22-08, 09:58 PM
stupid Penalty........WTF

jeterdaman
04-22-08, 10:00 PM
I'm definitely not a hockey guy, but this is intense. Lets Go Caps!!!! Lets Go Caps!!!!!1

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 10:02 PM
Another game seven later tonite............Thank You God.............
3 Game 7's in the first round.

montrealer
04-22-08, 10:02 PM
Merde............

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 10:03 PM
Flyers win....dumb penalty by Poti costs the Caps

CanoForPresident
04-22-08, 10:03 PM
Nice job Poti...

dabomb2045
04-22-08, 10:04 PM
Nice job Poti...

Thank god we dont have to deal with him anymore on our team....I feel for Caps fans cuz we saw him take dumb penalties like that all the time

jeterdaman
04-22-08, 10:04 PM
The flyers 2nd goal shouldn't have counted. That was the one that killed the Caps.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 10:07 PM
The flyers 2nd goal shouldn't have counted. That was the one that killed the Caps.
It was a tough call. I thought it was a no goal when Patrick Thoresen shoved Shawn Morrison into Cristobal Huet. The ref who saw the play saw two guys crashing the net and it was Morrison who crashed into Huet. Otherwise, Alexander Ovechkin could've gotten his 3rd Game-Winning Goal in this series and a Caps series win.

Still, the Caps had a tremendous season despite losing a bitter Game 7.

sprucemoose
04-22-08, 10:08 PM
Thank god we dont have to deal with him anymore on our team....I feel for Caps fans cuz we saw him take dumb penalties like that all the time

It was dumb, but there is no way that should have been called after the way the refs called the third period and the first few minutes of OT.

BroadwayBomber55
04-22-08, 10:11 PM
It was dumb, but there is no way that should have been called after the way the refs called the third period and the first few minutes of OT.
The refs also made questionable calls in the 2nd period on the Flyers goal that should've been goalie interference and the Capitals also got away with some interference calls after that goal.

AMYanks
04-22-08, 10:13 PM
I can't believe Poti's still screwing the Rangers.