PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Red Sox on the 2007 World Series

Metroidman
10-28-07, 11:17 PM
They won it and even though it sucks as a Yankee fan I have nothing against most Red Sox fans. I cant even imagine how it feels for you guys to win 2 in your lifetime after not winning for so long. Hell the Yanks haven't won for 7 years and I cant stand that fact

So Good Luck to the Red Sox for winning but we're getting it back in 08 :P

dmbphan1
10-28-07, 11:17 PM
Congrats guys.

-tz
10-28-07, 11:19 PM
No congrats from me. I hate baseball. :mad:

PLeasantlyBitter
10-28-07, 11:21 PM
tz...you are an idiot.

Mark19
10-28-07, 11:22 PM
tz...you are an idiot.

Community Standards, look em up

Sam18
10-28-07, 11:22 PM
Redsox and their fans can go f*ck themselves. :)

Dannman103
10-28-07, 11:23 PM
Community Standards, look em up

When you joined in October of 2004, and you've made a grand total of three posts, I'm sure that your grasp of the CS might be a little limited...

jughead
10-28-07, 11:23 PM
No congrats from me. I hate baseball. :mad:Agreed... I'd never congratulate the Sox for winning a ST game, let alone the WS.

It's OK - it's the Yankees' championship starting next year.

26 and counting
10-28-07, 11:24 PM
Congrats Red Sox on the 2007 World Series

Screw that.

Seth
10-28-07, 11:24 PM
This is a joke, right?

Casey at the Bat
10-28-07, 11:26 PM
Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!

PLeasantlyBitter
10-28-07, 11:26 PM
Thanks Mark, just seemed appropriatte since this is a congrats thread and that was nothing but sour grapes.

Game4Tino
10-28-07, 11:28 PM
Uh, this thread should be locked. Who gives a damn about Boston or their fans. Congrats on not being cool enough to post on SOSH.

-tz
I LOVE sour grapes. It's the pleasantly bitter ones I can't stand.

The Red Sox can go do what another poster here said they could do, which I won't repeat because it's against Community Standards.

stupidpunchline
Every single Red Sox fan, player, supporter, or well wisher can go have sexual relations with themselves, repeatedly.

NYIndian2005
10-28-07, 11:30 PM
Congrats. Undoubtedly the best team in 2007.

PLeasantlyBitter
10-28-07, 11:32 PM
Thanks Danman, some Yanks fans are classy some are not, same with Sox fans. It's pretty easy to see who is who when the chips are down, or frankly when the chips are up. I was happy to see a congrats thread. Sadly it is now filled with the vitriol that characterizes both sides of this "debate". Congrats to the Sox. See ya'll in the spring.

a-RobinsonCano-Fan
10-28-07, 11:33 PM
the best team all year won the WS. unfortunetly, it was the sox this year. conrats, now lets bring it back

cptcarl
10-28-07, 11:37 PM
They won it and even though it sucks as a Yankee fan I have nothing against most Red Sox fans. I cant even imagine how it feels for you guys to win 2 in your lifetime after not winning for so long. Hell the Yanks haven't won for 7 years and I cant stand that fact

So Good Luck to the Red Sox for winning but we're getting it back in 08 :P

Thanks. We're gaining on you now. It's 26 to 7!

Game4Tino
10-28-07, 11:38 PM
Thanks Danman, some Yanks fans are classy some are not, same with Sox fans. It's pretty easy to see who is who when the chips are down, or frankly when the chips are up. I was happy to see a congrats thread. Sadly it is now filled with the vitriol that characterizes both sides of this "debate". Congrats to the Sox. See ya'll in the spring.

Or maybe, just maybe, you'll be accepted by your own and allowed to post on SOSH instead. Hey, we can hope can't we? Uh oh, there's my classless nature kicking in again. What can I say, I wasn't lucky enough to be born a Sox fan. If I were, I would be all knowing and just ooze class like they all do.

MassNYYfan
10-28-07, 11:39 PM
If there's any Sox fans here to read this tonight, they should be RO'd for being delusional.

dabomb2045
10-28-07, 11:40 PM
F*ck this thread. This is one of the darkest days of recent memory for me as a Yankee fan. A Sox title and ARod opting out on the same night.

I hate baseball. I hate sports. I hate life. F*ck it all. Why do Sox fans even come to this board? ITS a YANKEE BOARD!! Go hang out at SOSH with your fellow kind.

SI Baseballman
10-28-07, 11:42 PM
Team of the century :D

Congrats Boston. Now stop winning them, because I'm getting tired of my coworkers whining.

Ah, who the hell am I kidding?

Jilali
10-28-07, 11:46 PM
F*ck this thread. This is one of the darkest days of recent memory for me as a Yankee fan. A Sox title and ARod opting out on the same night.

I hate baseball. I hate sports. I hate life. F*ck it all. Why do Sox fans even come to this board? ITS a YANKEE BOARD!! Go hang out at SOSH with your fellow kind.

You post this and then you have to ask?

Game4Tino
10-28-07, 11:46 PM

Congrats Boston. Now stop winning them, because I'm getting tired of my coworkers whining.

I knew it wouldn't be too long before one of these tools showed up. Where you been all month buddy? Oh, that's right, laying in wait, hiding like a coward. Nice team you've got over there in Flushing. What was it like watching that vanishing act? LOL!
My
Entire
Team
Sucks

SI Baseballman
10-28-07, 11:48 PM
I knew it wouldn't be too long before one of these tools showed up. Where you been all month buddy? Oh, that's right, laying in wait, hiding like a coward. Nice team you've got over there in Flushing. What was it like watching that vanishing act? LOL!
My
Entire
Team
Sucks

Sorry, I've been around long before tonight.

Steve Dalkowski
10-28-07, 11:49 PM
Probably the biggest news of tonight is that Schilling walked away from an open mic in the locker room during an ESPN interview.

Congrats Sox.

__starr69
10-28-07, 11:50 PM

Just like the last century. Hopefully it will be over by 2018.

BTW, how bout them Mets?

Game4Tino
10-28-07, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I've been around long before tonight.

Good One. Mets still suck. And always will. Now get off the Boston bandwagon, they don't want you around either.

__starr69
10-28-07, 11:53 PM

I'm taking it as a sign. End of the Arod LDS era? Who knows? :D

Chacon
10-28-07, 11:59 PM

Its amazing that Met fans and O's fans of all people are the most disrespectful of this place

Congrats to the Sox. Especially congrats to Jon Lester, winning pitcher in the clincher after being only a year removed from cancer.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-28-07, 11:59 PM
My biggest regret is that Wayne Huyzenga doesn't own the Red Sox.

Eff the Red Sox. I hope their stupid toilet bowl of a ballpark falls in on itself this offseason. :)

Zac
10-29-07, 12:02 AM
whatever.

Red Sux still suck.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-29-07, 12:03 AM
See ya'll in the spring.

I have my doubts.

JDPNYY
10-29-07, 12:05 AM
I can't believe this thread is here.

scooterfan
10-29-07, 12:14 AM
I can't believe this thread is here.

For me, it's the right thing to do. More than a few of the Sox fans here are solid posters and solid people. Congrats to them and to the Red Sox - especially Jon Lester, after the year he's been through.

They're still the team we're gunning for next year as we chase #27. For one night, we tip the caps...

CTSoxFan
10-29-07, 12:18 AM
For me, it's the right thing to do. More than a few of the Sox fans here are solid posters and solid people. Congrats to them and to the Red Sox - especially Jon Lester, after the year he's been through.

They're still the team we're gunning for next year as we chase #27. For one night, we tip the caps...

Thanks for the sentiment, and thanks to whomever started this thread. For however long it lasts, and despite some of the crap you'll take for starting it (or contributing to it positively), it's a classy thing to do.

JDPNYY
10-29-07, 12:20 AM
Are we all warm and fuzzy inside?

Kman1480
10-29-07, 12:22 AM
Are we all warm and fuzzy inside?

You're acting pretty fussy

Sam18
10-29-07, 12:22 AM
The Yankee fans who remained classy tonight are the real winners.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/08-25-2007.n1a_25Teresa.GK027E6EI.1.jpg

Bishop
10-29-07, 12:24 AM

OK then killing yourself seems a pretty good option

JDPNYY
10-29-07, 12:24 AM
You're acting pretty fussy

Am I now?

The F-ing Red Sox won the World Series. I hate the Red Sox. This is a suck day. Then I have to come to a Yankee Message Board and see this crap?

It's no act.

dabomb2045
10-29-07, 12:26 AM
Am I now?

The F-ing Red Sox won the World Series. I hate the Red Sox. This is a suck day. Then I have to come to a Yankee Message Board and see this crap?

It's no act.

I'm with you John. This type of thread should not exist on a Yankees board. If Sox fans want pats on the back....SOSH is there and I'm sure there other crappy Sox boards out there.

I dont need to come to a Yankees site and see this kind of crap.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-29-07, 12:27 AM

Nice.

Game4Tino
10-29-07, 12:27 AM

Troll of the Night Award goes to you fine sir. Way to join our site tonight and then tell someone to commit suicide. Don't you have a circle jerk to get to somewhere?

NYDCYankee
10-29-07, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the sentiment, and thanks to whomever started this thread. For however long it lasts, and despite some of the crap you'll take for starting it (or contributing to it positively), it's a classy thing to do.

Congrats man.

Bishop
10-29-07, 12:31 AM
Troll of the Night Award goes to you fine sir. Way to join our site tonight and then tell someone to commit suicide.

Incorrect fine sir, I joined a bit ago and have great respect for most here. Some people just sound like idiots. I would rather look forward to next year, congratulate the mutts and hope we can turn the current crop around and have a great "08

Call me a troll you can kiss my @$$. You think I'm happy right now?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-29-07, 12:34 AM
Incorrect fine sir, I joined a bit ago and have great respect for most here. Some people just sound like idiots. I would rather look forward to next year, congratulate the mutts and hope we can turn the current crop around and have a great "08

October 25th. Big difference.

Sheff_Rod
10-29-07, 12:34 AM
They can take their WS trophy and shove it up their asses.

Game4Tino
10-29-07, 12:35 AM

Ooh, tough guy talk. You joined yesterday, you have made 4, now 5 posts. You know nothing about this site and every post you have made has been negative.

Today, 12:24 AM
Replies: 46
Views: 1,092
Posted By Bishop
Re: Congrats Red Sox on the 2007 World Series

Forum: Around The Majors Today, 12:17 AM
Replies: 771
The Official "GO ROX!" Thread
Views: 17,300
Posted By Bishop
Re: The Official "GO ROX!" Thread

Moreso, you have got to be kidding me with this crap here
Forum: Around The Majors Today, 12:16 AM
Posted By Bishop

You have got to be kidding me with this crap
Forum: Around The Majors Yesterday, 01:43 AM
Posted By Bishop

Theres some arrogance right there thinking we had something to do with handing the Sox the WS

Case closed, troll.

__starr69

Whatever. I have full faith that this... person will be gone soon.

Bishop

Ok your an idiot

Game4Tino
10-29-07, 12:36 AM
Ok your an idiot

I think what you meant to type here was YOU'RE an idiot. Troll.

__starr69
10-29-07, 12:37 AM
This is getting better by the minute. I'm almost sorry I reported him. Almost.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
Ok your an idiot

Ouch, that hurts. You're not long for this place, I'm not too concerned.

Bishop
Ooh, tough guy talk. You joined yesterday, you have made 4, now 5 posts. You know nothing about this site and every post you have made has been negative.

Today, 12:24 AM
Replies: 46
Views: 1,092
Posted By Bishop
Re: Congrats Red Sox on the 2007 World Series

Forum: Around The Majors Today, 12:17 AM
Posted By Bishop

Moreso, you have got to be kidding me with this crap here
Forum: Around The Majors Today, 12:16 AM
Posted By Bishop

You have got to be kidding me with this crap
Forum: Around The Majors Yesterday, 01:43 AM
Posted By Bishop

Theres some arrogance right there thinking we had something to do with handing the Sox the WS

Case closed, troll.

is this who we are. Mind you we're on the same side, yes I'm a newbie, not a f'n troll, how the hell did that happen.

Jesus, buncha whiney bitches

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-29-07, 12:38 AM
This is getting better by the minute. I'm almost sorry I reported him.

Me too. :lol:

Steve Dalkowski
I think what you meant to type here was YOU'RE an idiot. Troll.
I LOVEEE the irony there with his spelling.

That said, guys, I think you're feeding the fire.

Bishop
Ok fine, how may I endear to you all without sounding like I'm patronising you all

dabomb2045
10-29-07, 12:39 AM
This board has officially become SOSH South. The trolls are running the asylum.

Bishop
Sorry it hasen't been a great night

CTSoxFan
Ok fine, how may I endear to you all without sounding like I'm patronising you all

Pretty sure that ship has sailed, fella.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees

Not tell people to kill themselves.

ShaneTravis
10-29-07, 12:40 AM
is this who we are. Mind you we're on the same side, yes I'm a newbie, not a f'n troll, how the hell did that happen.

Was there something intelligent you wanted to say before you leave?

Game4Tino
10-29-07, 12:40 AM

Yes, actually. We make an attempt to have good baseball conversation minus the negativity and profanity laced drivel that is accepted behavior at other fan sites. Not that it matters, YOUR membership won't last much longer.

__starr69
10-29-07, 12:42 AM
You can start with not telling posters to kill themselves, kiss your ass, calling them idiots or whiny bitches, labeling their posts crap, or using inflammatory sarcasm. But I suggest you get to it because your fifteen minutes are almost up.

Bishop
10-29-07, 12:42 AM
Ok, I never said that, he mentioned he hated life, I was letting him know that in a sarcastic way that it sounds foolish. There is no humour here. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Bishop
10-29-07, 12:44 AM
Yes, actually. We make an attempt to have good baseball conversation minus the negativity and profanity laced drivel that is accepted behavior at other fan sites. Not that it matters, YOUR membership won't last much longer.

I'll save the time. I wont return. Sorry to waste your time.

JDPNYY
10-29-07, 12:45 AM
So anyway... Can we close this awful thread?

Sheff_Rod
10-29-07, 12:47 AM
I got your congrats right here.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/BX13Bombers/boston.jpg

CTSoxFan
10-29-07, 12:49 AM
I got your congrats right here.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/BX13Bombers/boston.jpg

Man...that poor kid has been photoshopped more than anyone in the history of the internet.

iWant27
10-29-07, 12:49 AM
You know there is a reason that Mods have started a thread called " Red Sox discussion thread " on this forum .

If some yankee fans wants to express their feelings by congratulating them , they should do that in that thread .

And seriously , why do Sox fans bother to come on this board . I mean its Yankees fans forum .

There are surely Sox fans forum somewhere . I hear there is something called SOSH or something .

Bishop
10-29-07, 12:50 AM
I can't believe one comment caused such an uproar, but it did. I have always liked coming to this site becase to me it was was the best in what Nyyfans has to offer. No I never joined until now, but I was part of the 691 folks that jumped after we heard about A-Rods plans. Thats what got me here tonight. Bad timing and my own self destructive "say whats on your mind" thought process got me in trouble tonight.

Again I'm sorry for that. Hopefully we can get past it.

jeterfanzz
10-29-07, 01:30 AM
Congrats to a great organization that won because of the young players that came through in the clutch, intense fans that stuck through 86 years of misery, and pitching that is going to dominate for a long time to come. Enjoy the WS title, I'm sure there will be more to come for the new dynasty.

CallOfTheCrow
10-29-07, 01:32 AM
Another member just joined to congratulate the Sox I see......

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-29-07, 01:41 AM
Congrats to a great organization that won because of the young players that came through in the clutch, intense fans that stuck through 86 years of misery, and pitching that is going to dominate for a long time to come. Enjoy the WS title, I'm sure there will be more to come for the new dynasty.

:lol: Jeter Fan...sure.

__starr69
10-29-07, 01:45 AM
c'est la vie

NYYFAN5388
10-29-07, 01:46 AM
wow this is a great thread

Sam18
10-29-07, 01:48 AM

You posting this means it will come true. I know when I go to sosh and pretend to be a sox fan and post pro yankees comments it always comes true.

OlgMvp
10-29-07, 01:53 AM
I hate the existence of this thread, get it off this website. I would rather die than congratulate the Red Sox on anything at all, ever.

I hate too many people on that roster to actually lie and say congrats. I'm with JDPNYY

:-padlock-:-padlock-:-padlock-:-padlock-

candyman
10-29-07, 02:16 AM
If only Wang could've pitched like Beckett in the postseason, maybe we'd be the ones celebrating right now.

bigwampum
10-29-07, 02:17 AM
Yes, yes, congrats to the Sox. That being said...

FAH Q! :mad:

jeterfanzz
10-29-07, 02:25 AM
Hey, they have a great young team that is gonna be tough to beat for a long time. You dont have to be a Sox fan to realize that. I'm happy for the Sox fans I know, thats all. Next year starts tomorrow.

RhodeyYankee2638
10-29-07, 02:28 AM
I'm sure when the Yanks win the World Series, SOSH will have a similar thread

Tabata
10-29-07, 02:37 AM

It's too easy to pick them at times :lol:

Jersey Yankee
10-29-07, 02:52 AM
I'd say that they finally had good planning. Manny sitting out most of September worked, and Okajima rested when he'd struggled in September. Beckett Lowell did quite a bit for the team, as did Papelbon.

Everything was aligned, and I only wish that these were the Yankees planning a parade, and I couldn't give a flying hoot how cold it would be this week.

No congrats from me. Y'all can go to SoSH (or somewhere else) if ya wants that!!! ;gulp::O

Jersey Yankee
10-29-07, 02:52 AM
I'm sure when the Yanks win the World Series, SOSH will have a similar thread
Only if they want to nuke forumers w/o warning or explanation.

Messerwhitescooter
10-29-07, 04:56 AM
Yankee management ought to study why the Red Sox won. Pitching, and clutch hitting by rookies, not reliance on the old guard. A AAA team like the Rockies in the WS doesn't hurt either.

jlw1980
10-29-07, 04:59 AM
Buck Foston, now and forever. This is a Yankees site. This sh*t needs to go on SOSH or redsoxnation, NOT HERE FOR THE LOVE OF G-D!!!! :-po'd-: :barf: :barf: :barf:

:-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock- :-padlock-

Centerhero
10-29-07, 05:03 AM
Guess what? Face the reality, the Red --- didn't suck.

On a bright note: The American League takes the world series!

CTSoxFan
10-29-07, 07:42 AM
Yankee management ought to study why the Red Sox won. Pitching, and clutch hitting by rookies, not reliance on the old guard. A AAA team like the Rockies in the WS doesn't hurt either.

Oh, Yankee management knows this lesson well: heck, they wrote this lesson. This approach basically defines the 1996-2000 mini-dynasty that the Yankees put together: core group of veterans; core group of young players coming into their own; young, emerging, dominant closer; and competition that was either inferior or made to appear so by the Yanks' performance.

silverdsl
10-29-07, 07:47 AM
I'm going to close this thread because it's obviously not going anywhere good. This is a Yankee site and there will always be a bias in favor of the Yankees here, but there is also absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of the overall sport of baseball and wanting to acknowledge a team's accomplishment in winning the WS even if it's a hated rival.