PDA

View Full Version : Henson's first Homer!!

NyMike
07-01-01, 07:01 PM
Hit his 1st hr in AAA today, he will start slow and turn it on.

But the big news is Eric Almonte and Scott Seabol. Almonte came alive last year in AA and was the one ofthe best players in the AFL and after a slow start in AAA he has gone crazy! He went deep today and has an extra base hit in 6 straight games. Seabol has two Homers!!

I wonder what they are going to do with these two?

DandyRandy48
07-01-01, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by NyMike
Hit his 1st hr in AAA today, he will start slow and turn it on.

But the big news is Eric Almonte and Scott Seabol. Almonte came alive last year in AA and was the one ofthe best players in the AFL and after a slow start in AAA he has gone crazy! He went deep today and has an extra base hit in 6 straight games. Seabol has two Homers!!

OK, big deal about Henson. Luck I say.

They can bring up Almonte because Bro is biting the big one and Seabol can... sit in the minors?

Jimbo
07-01-01, 11:49 PM
Good for Drew...

:cool: :smokin: :cool:

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
07-02-01, 12:13 AM
I was at the game, and Henson really put on a show: 3-for-4 with 3 RBI, and he hit his first AAA homer on the first pitch he saw all game. He hit a double to drive in the tying run in the 8th inning as the Clippers overcame a three-run deficit to win 7-6, in a game that was delayed twice by rain. "Wonder Boy" Nick Johnson hit a sac fly to score Kary Bridges (who tripled to lead off the 9th) with the winning run.
The best part was, all the Columbus fans cheered Henson every time he came to the plate, after booing him so many times as the Michigan quarterback.
I think Almonte and Seabol will see some action in September at 3B or LF. Johnson will give Tino a rest at 1B, and Henson may not be ready yet (despite the great game today, he's still only hitting 8 for 42). But he definitely made the right decision.

wileedog
07-02-01, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by NyMike

Trade them for pitching, what else? :O

Good news on Henson though. I'm already impressed as heck he is even IN AAA ball, and fully expected him to struggle like he has at least for a few months. If he can build on last night, though, who knows? He may be ready by next spring after all.

CTYANKEE
07-02-01, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Cat Man

OK, big deal about Henson. Luck I say.

Do Cats eat crow???

DandyRandy48
07-02-01, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by CTYANKEE

Do Cats eat crow???

If we're desperate

rajah
07-02-01, 04:00 PM
I am going to go way out on a limb about Henson. Indeed, I am going out on a twig and hang by a little bud:

Rookie of the Year -- 2002
Hall of Fame -- ca. 2025
All Time Yankee Third Baseman

I think the first may be the biggest reach.

wileedog
07-02-01, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by rajah
I am going to go way out on a limb about Henson. Indeed, I am going out on a twig and hang by a little bud:

Hall of Fame -- ca. 2025

Phew, when you go out on a limb, you don't mess around.

The being said though, if Henson is actually good enough to make the majors next season, ROY is a no brainer. Heck, if Soriano can be an arguable second to Ichiro this year, I expect much better things from Drew when he comes up (and I really LIKE Sori).

The second two are going to take a whole lot more work though, but if #2 works out, then there is a good chance at #3. He could easily develop into the best hitter we've ever had there.

Damn, I hope we're not jinxing him with all this :eek:

NyMike
07-02-01, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by wileedog
The being said though, if Henson is actually good enough to make the majors next season, ROY is a no brainer.

Hmm, I wonder if a team ever had two rookies ever finish First and Second in the ROY voting? (Henson and Johnson)

Elfdood
07-02-01, 06:33 PM
Drew doesn't have a prayer! How's he going to beat out The Stick? :)

Almonte is certainly having a heckuva year. He had very good plate discipline in the AFL and that's continued into this season! Last year, although he had pretty good numbers, his walk rate was way too low. It's great to see him grow as a player. Just when Soriano thought he didn't have any more competition down in the minors... ;)

wileedog
07-02-01, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Elfdood
Drew doesn't have a prayer! How's he going to beat out The Stick? :)

If Drew Henson goes from not playing full time baseball to the majors in ONE year, I think The Stick is the one who should be sucking up to the baseball gods.

If they both start next year, I got $20 on Henson. Any takers?

:O

IrishDancer
07-02-01, 10:06 PM
Well, as far as I'm concerned-GO HENSON!!!!:)

JeanC
07-03-01, 12:55 AM
Wow fantastic News! Cant wait to See Seabold and Alemonte &
Henson play in the Major Leagues someday! Then I can say I knew them
when they were in the Yankee AAA in Columbus! Many (ahem) :)
Years from now after Paulie Tino & Bro have retired along with Bernie!
The 3 Young men will be the next best Generation of Hitters!!

:D

DandyRandy48
07-04-01, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rajah

Hall of Fame -- ca. 2025

I say he never makes it to the majors. If he makes to the majors, he stinks it up royally and gets traded.

Spencerholic
07-05-01, 12:18 AM
Yea so we've heard Cat Man, that one game you saw him do badly convinced me too that Henson won't be able to ever perform in the bigs.

DandyRandy48
07-06-01, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Spencerholic
Yea so we've heard Cat Man, that one game you saw him do badly convinced me too that Henson won't be able to ever perform in the bigs.

Two games.