PDA

View Full Version : TV show advice

4bronxbombers
10-10-07, 04:29 PM
Well I watch the Yankees games/the YES network, ESPN (sometimes) and 24. I've seen The Office too. Other than that I don't watch any tv. And suggestions on good tv shows to watch for the next 5 or 6 months?

Evil Empire
10-10-07, 04:33 PM
I've heard good things about subscribing to the Spice channel.

Mark19
10-10-07, 04:33 PM
Get HBO, Entourage is a good program and I hear that the Wire is also really impressive.

TheManKnownAsMecca
10-10-07, 04:41 PM
Well I watch the Yankees games/the YES network, ESPN (sometimes) and 24. I've seen The Office too. Other than that I don't watch any tv. And suggestions on good tv shows to watch for the next 5 or 6 months?

Prison Break, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and 30 Rock.

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 04:45 PM
Get HBO, Entourage is a good program and I hear that the Wire is also really impressive.

Entourage has fallen off too much, and will continue to. I have also heard the Wire rules.

Second on 30 Rock. Right now, my list is: House, 30 Rock, the Office. I also watch South Park, but not religiously.

RJ44
10-10-07, 04:45 PM
For me, it's this (some dvr assistance required)

Monday- How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, K-Ville, Rules of Engagement

Tuesday- Wife watches House

Thursday - 30 Rock

That's really it for me, with the exception of some Mythbusters or Discovery if it's interesting.

xenadanielle
10-10-07, 04:46 PM
I don't really have much advice but this is a quandry which I, too, am in.

When all else fails, I watch Law & Order re-runs and their ilk.

And Animal Planet.

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 04:48 PM

Thursday - 30 Rock

That's really it for me, with the exception of some Mythbusters or Discovery if it's interesting.

Is How I Met your Mother as good as people say? I might try to watch some old eps when I get the time if so.

Trish
10-10-07, 04:51 PM

Take up knitting or something like that like a good little woman.

:roflmao:

YankeePride1967
10-10-07, 04:52 PM
Looks right at Vick with a stern aggravated look. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sam18
10-10-07, 04:53 PM
Watch LOST, greatest TV show of all time by FAR.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 04:54 PM
Let's Go Rangers!!!

Sam18
10-10-07, 04:55 PM
Let's Go Rangers!!!

Its morphin time!

RJ44
10-10-07, 04:55 PM
Is How I Met your Mother as good as people say? I might try to watch some old eps when I get the time if so.

I like to think of it as the next generation's Friends (I never really cared about Friends, but I LOVE this show)

xenadanielle
10-10-07, 04:56 PM
Also "Ugly Betty" is cute, for something fun.

And "American Idol" starts in January I think. :o

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 04:59 PM
I like to think of it as the next generation's Friends (I never really cared about Friends, but I LOVE this show)

I hated Friends. So now I just don't know what to think.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:01 PM
Californication and Weeds are both very entertaining.

In Mo I Trust
10-10-07, 05:05 PM
The Wire is the best show on tv, the new season starts in January, you can catch up with the first four seasons until then.

RJ44
10-10-07, 05:05 PM
I hated Friends. So now I just don't know what to think.

I did too, but people LOVED it.. this is why I say I think it's a new generation of it.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:06 PM
I did too, but people LOVED it.. this is why I say I think it's a new generation of it.Friends was hilarious.

RJ44
10-10-07, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by RJ44
I did too, but people LOVED it.. this is why I say I think it's a new generation of it.

Friends was hilarious.

See!??

4bronxbombers
10-10-07, 05:09 PM
Take up knitting or something like that like a good little woman.

Ok, you do know you are beginning to take on Georgish characteristics right? :lol:

TheDynasty26

Thursday - 30 Rock

I just took up Prison Break and i like it alot....Rules of Engagement is good as well, How i met your mother is the one with Charlie Sheen? I heard that was good,

I basically watch South Park, the Office, Prison Break, 24, and soooooometimes Weeds

fredgmuggs
It all begins and ends with the History Channel.

montrealer
10-10-07, 05:11 PM
Let's Go Rangers!!!

HA !!!!!!! GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, Californication. I watched all the eps one weekend where I had nothing to do. It is pretty funny, though not really amazing yet (the show also doesn't quite explain why every woman Duchovny's character meets wants to sleep with him within 5 minutes.)

I used to have a line about Friends: I never laughed at a single joke, in any episode I randomly saw ever. I then laughed at one joke by Chandler, so I can't use the general terminology anymore, but nonetheless: very, very seldom.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:12 PM
It all begins and ends with the History Channel.dude.... awesome. I always check to see what they got on there. The Discovery/Sci-Fi channel is great as well. Love the stuff they do on space missions and the deal with other planets and moons.

RJ44
How i met your mother is the one with Charlie Sheen? I heard that was good,

No, that's 2 and 1/2 Men... I don't watch that at all

How I Met.. is with Alyson Hannigan and Doogie Howser, and 3 others. Show is legen-wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerable cuz the last part is - dary.

Sam18
Friends was hilarious.

Seasons 2-5 mostly. The rest were terrible soap opera sh*t with some comedy.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:14 PM
Seasons 2-5 mostly. The rest were terrible soap opera sh*t with some comedy.yeah they did get soap-opera-y but I was so far into it that I didn't mind. I actually gave a crap that Ross said Rachel's name at his wedding. :lol:

RJ44
10-10-07, 05:15 PM
yeah they did get soap-opera-y but I was so far into it that I didn't mind. I actually gave a crap that Ross said Rachel's name at his wedding. :lol:

What just happened?!?

Hitman, say it ain't so!!!

4bronxbombers
I think I'd like Prison Break. Sounds awesome.

TheDynasty26
No, that's 2 and 1/2 Men... I don't watch that at all

How I Met.. is with Alyson Hannigan and Doogie Howser, and 3 others. Show is legen-wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerable cuz the last part is - dary.

Thats one of the worst/best puns ive ever heard.....i will be stealing that and using it often....

thank you

fredgmuggs
10-10-07, 05:16 PM
dude.... awesome. I always check to see what they got on there. The Discovery/Sci-Fi channel is great as well. Love the stuff they do on space missions and the deal with other planets and moons.When there's nothing on TV worth watching (which is the rule rather than the exception) , I can usually find something on the History Channel or the Discovery Channel that will interest me.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:16 PM
Oh yeah, Californication. I watched all the eps one weekend where I had nothing to do. It is pretty funny, though not really amazing yet (the show also doesn't quite explain why every woman Duchovny's character meets wants to sleep with him within 5 minutes.)

I used to have a line about Friends: I never laughed at a single joke, in any episode I randomly saw ever. I then laughed at one joke by Chandler, so I can't use the general terminology anymore, but nonetheless: very, very seldom.I love Ducovney's sarcasm on the show. I laugh my ass off. I personally think he's a great actor but I know most don't agree.

As far as Friends, it was a guilty pleasure. I started watching because I thought Pheobie was really hot and just got into it. Chandler and Joey are hilarious to me so I was very entertained by it.

TheDynasty26
10-10-07, 05:17 PM
When there's nothing on TV worth watching (which is the rule rather than the exception) , I can usually find something on the History Channel or the Discovery Channel that will interest me.

You really cant go wrong with Mythbusters, Survivorman, How its Made, Really Big Things, Extreme Engineering, or Dirty Jobs.

Sam18
When there's nothing on TV worth watching (which is the rule rather than the exception) , I can usually find something on the History Channel or the Discovery Channel that will interest me.

You should try getting out more.

xenadanielle
It all begins and ends with the History Channel.

:-werd-: Yes! This past season "Ice Road Truckers" was pretty good, among other things. I like the Discovery-channel genre of TV in general.

Sam18
I love Ducovney's sarcasm on the show. I laugh my ass off. I personally think he's a great actor but I know most don't agree.

As far as Friends, it was a guilty pleasure. I started watching because I thought Pheobie was really hot and just got into it. Chandler and Joey are hilarious to me so I was very entertained by it.

Joey and Rachel were the worst characters on the show.

Hitman23
What just happened?!?

Hitman, say it ain't so!!!Don't worry, a Milwaukee's Best can just fell on my head.

4bronxbombers
10-10-07, 05:18 PM
You should try getting out more.

:lol: such a wise-ass

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:19 PM
Joey and Rachel were the worst characters on the show.Rachel was annoying at first but she grew on me. I think a big part of why Chandler was so funny was because of Joey.

fredgmuggs
10-10-07, 05:19 PM
You should try getting out more.It's a scary world out there.

Hitman23
10-10-07, 05:20 PM
You really cant go wrong with Mythbusters, Survivorman, How its Made, Really Big Things, Extreme Engineering, or Dirty Jobs.Yes, Dirty Jobs I agree. It's definitely one of the best shows on tv right now. I totally forgot about it.

Toaderly
10-10-07, 05:20 PM
I think I heard something about PBS coming out with a new show about High School football. Or maybe it will be about the cheerleaders. I guess it depends on what George has his camera aimed towards.

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 05:24 PM
I love Ducovney's sarcasm on the show. I laugh my ass off. I personally think he's a great actor but I know most don't agree.

Duchovney does rule. I also think he's a great actor, though not yet a terrific comic actor in that show (I believe he could become one with a little time.)

b-ball-lunachick
10-10-07, 05:47 PM
ahh, funny you ask this Vick...

We are members at Blockbuster so we get so many movies a month free..so we were recently looking for a new tv show to watch and catch up on a few seasons like we did with Lost--- it's great -- no commercials and four episodes or so on each CD...

We decide to get Rescue Me...it's extremely well written -- characters will make you hate them one minute and love them the next -- they humanize them even in their darkest moments, much like the Sopranos...

We're now up to the middle of Season 2 and there are some dark episodes for sure but not too bad..last night, I got home from a REALLY stressful day at work, dealt with some really bad family stuff that's going on (why i missed the last yankee game of the year) and had just come from getting an MRI on my thumb -- where I spent an HOUR in that thing -- only to watch an episode of Rescue me as an escape from this stress...well, it was a TRAGIC episode and I never saw it coming...ugh...

I was balling my eyes out...the b/f doesn't really understand why i cry or get down when it's just a show with characters. :D

Anyway, after this way too long story -- I'd recommend you stay away from Rescue Me unless you want a heavy drama -- then I highly recommend it. :D

Evil Empire
10-10-07, 06:29 PM
I think I'd like Prison Break. Sounds awesome.

Tis. Definitley start with season one though.

RJ44
10-10-07, 06:35 PM
Thats one of the worst/best puns ive ever heard.....i will be stealing that and using it often....

thank you

It's actually from the show.

TheManKnownAsMecca
10-10-07, 06:41 PM
Watch LOST, greatest TV show of all time by FAR.

Agree, but she said shows that are on now or soon. We have to wait until February for LOST to start again. Actually now is a great time for her to get caught up on Lost.

Forgot about South Park. I also recommend the Sarah Silverman show.

Scooter
10-10-07, 06:50 PM
Despite my resolution to not get into the reality TV shows, I am totally addicted to The Biggest Loser. I just started watching it this season. I also LOVE Kitchen Nightmares with that chef from Hell's Kitchen. What a character that guy is!! I want to try his restaurant in NY and see how good the food is.

And I cannot wait for American Idol to start again in January. :D

Big_E
10-10-07, 06:51 PM
I have been watching Californication too...this last episode ticked me off. He gets carjacked and doesn't take the manuscript? He doesn't make a copy for himself, but his ex-lover's fiancee's daughter has one? And in the coming attractions passes it off as her own?

Moron. I can see myself giving up on this show, despite the gratuitious sex.

BTW - the 16 year old girl...is the little girl from The Nanny, all grown up. (she's really 22)

http://imdb.com/name/nm0956526/

RhodeyYankee2638
10-10-07, 07:05 PM
The Girls Next Door is the apex of TV shows

PaulieIsAwesome
10-10-07, 07:06 PM
I have been watching Californication too...this last episode ticked me off. He gets carjacked and doesn't take the manuscript? He doesn't make a copy for himself, but his ex-lover's fiancee's daughter has one? And in the coming attractions passes it off as her own?

Moron. I can see myself giving up on this show, despite the gratuitious sex.

BTW - the 16 year old girl...is the little girl from The Nanny, all grown up. (she's really 22)

http://imdb.com/name/nm0956526/

I agree entirely, the show is a little unrealistic. Also, the girl from the Nanny is very hot.

johnnyyankee
10-10-07, 09:32 PM
Friends was hilarious.

Until they turned Chandler into a pussy.

RhodyYanksFan
10-11-07, 12:16 AM

It's really funny. The whole cast works well together. Plus last year I was planning a wedding so a lot of it was almost written for us.

Vicki...please do me a favor and watch 30 Rock. By far, the funniest show on TV now.

Rent/buy seasons 1-3 of Lost. Don't worry, you'll watch them each in a week.

Dirty Jobs is fun to pass the time, and after the new year we can look forward to Deadliest Catch...IMO the only reality show worth a damn.

Slavenka
10-11-07, 12:19 AM
The Wire is probably the greatest TV show ever.

I like Office and 30 Rock, also Dexter and Weeds. Project Runway starts soon. And of course I love New York!!:P Also I've heard good things about It's Always Sunny and Ugly Betty, but I haven't seen either. And I started Lost but stopped when friends told me the show fell off. I also know a few die-hard Heroes fans, so I watched a couple episodes. Can't really comment on it yet. Good premise, but typical network tv so far.

yankeesfaninaz
10-11-07, 02:15 AM
dancing with the starts
Are you smarter than a 5th grader-Th and Fr nights on FOX
Kitchen nightmares-Wed nights on FOX

ALR83
10-11-07, 03:22 AM

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily. I'm really liking Private Practice too, it's a spin off of Grey's Anatomy. Good so far.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

Its morphin time!

Friends was hilarious.

Friends was awesome. My favorite show ever.

Octoberbaby
10-11-07, 04:01 AM
Dexter on Showtime just started and it is a great show. Nip/Tuck is starting their new season on October 30.

Octoberbaby
10-11-07, 04:05 AM
ahh, funny you ask this Vick...

We are members at Blockbuster so we get so many movies a month free..so we were recently looking for a new tv show to watch and catch up on a few seasons like we did with Lost--- it's great -- no commercials and four episodes or so on each CD...

We decide to get Rescue Me...it's extremely well written -- characters will make you hate them one minute and love them the next -- they humanize them even in their darkest moments, much like the Sopranos...

We're now up to the middle of Season 2 and there are some dark episodes for sure but not too bad..last night, I got home from a REALLY stressful day at work, dealt with some really bad family stuff that's going on (why i missed the last yankee game of the year) and had just come from getting an MRI on my thumb -- where I spent an HOUR in that thing -- only to watch an episode of Rescue me as an escape from this stress...well, it was a TRAGIC episode and I never saw it coming...ugh...

I was balling my eyes out...the b/f doesn't really understand why i cry or get down when it's just a show with characters. :D

Anyway, after this way too long story -- I'd recommend you stay away from Rescue Me unless you want a heavy drama -- then I highly recommend it. :D

Rescue Me is great and I think I know which episode you are talking about. I still love it even with the heavy drama.

Octoberbaby
10-11-07, 04:07 AM
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily. I'm really liking Private Practice too, it's a spin off of Grey's Anatomy. Good so far.

Yeah, forgot about Friday Night Lights. I like that show too.

I also just started watching the new show called Cane with Jimmy Smits. Very sexy and good acting too. I like it so far.

MCB12
10-11-07, 09:05 AM

Tues: Bones and House
Wed: Kitchen Nightmares and Criminal Minds

There is also this new show on called Jouryman. I've seen it a couple of times and it's pretty good too!

4bronxbombers
10-11-07, 09:07 AM
Tues: Bones and House
Wed: Kitchen Nightmares and Criminal Minds

There is also this new show on called Jouryman. I've seen it a couple of times and it's pretty good too!

What is Kitchen Nightmares about? I've never heard of that one before.

MCB12
10-11-07, 09:18 AM
What is Kitchen Nightmares about? I've never heard of that one before.

Have you ever seen the show Hells Kitchen? It's the same guy Gordon Ramsey and he goes into (at lest so far) these restaurants in New York and they are really nasty! He usually goes in and fixes whats it all up and turns the place around.
It really makes you think twice about were you go out to eat!

ksison
10-11-07, 10:09 AM

entourage = favorite show

all i watch is entourage, sopranos, and sports.

destelle
10-11-07, 10:21 AM
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily.

forgot about this show - thanks for reminding me - it starts tomorrow - wahoo!!
must remember to DVR the series... ;)

Dr. Gonzo
10-11-07, 10:23 AM
Get HBO, Entourage is a good program and I hear that the Wire is also really impressive.the wire is the best show on tv since the classic simpsons years (seasons 3-8). Oz is also great. And what is great here is that you so many seasons to catch up on.

The office,
my name is earl keeps my attention
nova on pbs
frontline also on pbs

sorry but I loathe entourage.

krystl
10-11-07, 10:39 AM
Rescue Me is great and I think I know which episode you are talking about. I still love it even with the heavy drama.
Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows. It can be heavy at times, but not all the time. In fact, it's the way they deal with heavy stuff in a funny way (except for the episode you're talking about) that makes it so great.

Nip/Tuck is also great. I recommend renting the first few seasons. The first was the best IMO.

Now I watch Gray's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Bones, Survivor, Kid Nation, Ghost Whisperer, Las Vegas, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

TinoFan84
10-11-07, 10:46 AM
If I had to narrow it down to just a few (yes, I watch entirely too much TV) I'd recommend Bones, NCIS, The Unit, Friday Night Lights.

NewEraYanks2527
10-11-07, 12:55 PM
Read more. I wish I had the discipline to do that.

Octoberbaby
10-11-07, 03:55 PM
forgot about this show - thanks for reminding me - it starts tomorrow - wahoo!!
must remember to DVR the series... ;)

It started last week. I saw it. If you missed the first show you can watch it online.

Octoberbaby
10-11-07, 03:57 PM
Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows. It can be heavy at times, but not all the time. In fact, it's the way they deal with heavy stuff in a funny way (except for the episode you're talking about) that makes it so great.

Nip/Tuck is also great. I recommend renting the first few seasons. The first was the best IMO.

Now I watch Gray's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Bones, Survivor, Kid Nation, Ghost Whisperer, Las Vegas, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

I also like Desperate Housewives, forgot about that one.

I am looking forward to Nip/Tuck with their move to Beverly Hills this year, should be funny.

destelle
10-12-07, 10:13 AM
It started last week. I saw it. If you missed the first show you can watch it online.

oh crap ;) ... i will definitely watch it online today - thanks for the reminder!!

powerpinstripes
10-12-07, 12:23 PM
You know what, the past couple of evenings I have been bored btw the 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm timeframe. That was when I usually watched YES Pregame leading into the first couple of innings of the Game. Plus its dark out now and that s*cks. I usually don't get a chance to watch regular TV until about the 9 to 11 timeframe. Here are some of my favorites, but I don't consider anything anymore a can't miss (since Sopranos). If I am awake and home I watch, if not no taping no stressing, its only TV.

CSI-Miami
Grey's Anatomy
Nip/Tuck (can't wait for the season to start)
Rescue Me (had no idea that was the season finale a couple of weeks ago)
ER
Private Practice (watchable but not 100 % crazy about yet)
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters.

I do tape General Hospital and have been trying to catch up with it on the weekend via SoapNet. Now with no Yanks, I will probably have more time to stay on top of it.

JOBA RULES
10-12-07, 12:28 PM
LOST...watch Lost you will get wrapped up in that for a few months, it's amazingly written. Buy the DVD's you won't regret it...

krystl
10-12-07, 05:33 PM
I also like Desperate Housewives, forgot about that one.

I am looking forward to Nip/Tuck with their move to Beverly Hills this year, should be funny.
Yeah, I can't wait for Nip/Tuck. :)

fredgmuggs
10-12-07, 05:37 PM
A simple observation - some of you people watch way too much television. You should spend more time on the internet.

Sam18
10-12-07, 05:40 PM
A simple observation - some of you people watch way too much television. You should spend more time on the internet.

Yeah you can pick and choose what you wanna watch and when.

Octoberbaby
10-12-07, 06:32 PM
You know what, the past couple of evenings I have been bored btw the 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm timeframe. That was when I usually watched YES Pregame leading into the first couple of innings of the Game. Plus its dark out now and that s*cks. I usually don't get a chance to watch regular TV until about the 9 to 11 timeframe. Here are some of my favorites, but I don't consider anything anymore a can't miss (since Sopranos). If I am awake and home I watch, if not no taping no stressing, its only TV.

CSI-Miami
Grey's Anatomy
Nip/Tuck (can't wait for the season to start)
Rescue Me (had no idea that was the season finale a couple of weeks ago)
ER
Private Practice (watchable but not 100 % crazy about yet)
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters.

I do tape General Hospital and have been trying to catch up with it on the weekend via SoapNet. Now with no Yanks, I will probably have more time to stay on top of it.

Around 6:30 to 7:30 I was usually still watching the game since I am on Pacific Time so I am really missing that.

The ones on your list that I must tape if I can't see them are Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me (I'm bummed it is over for the season).

I also tape GH but if I missed one I know it will be re aired on SoapNet's weekend marathon. BTW, after this week's marathon they will be playing two back to back vintage Brenda episodes if you are interested. I should probably post this in the GH thread too.

Octoberbaby
10-12-07, 06:37 PM
Oh I forgot to mention Mad Men! This show is so good and gets better with every episode. The season ends with next weeks show but they do have it in On Demand so anyone who has On Demand can see it there.

krystl
10-13-07, 11:06 AM
Around 6:30 to 7:30 I was usually still watching the game since I am on Pacific Time so I am really missing that.

The ones on your list that I must tape if I can't see them are Nip/Tuck and [b[Rescue Me (I'm bummed it is over for the season).[/b]

I also tape GH but if I missed one I know it will be re aired on SoapNet's weekend marathon. BTW, after this week's marathon they will be playing two back to back vintage Brenda episodes if you are interested. I should probably post this in the GH thread too.
Did it seem like a really short season to you? To me, the finale was here before I knew it.

PosadaGirl
10-13-07, 03:04 PM
The only can't miss I watch is One Tree Hill. Chad Michael Murray does it for me.

Anyone watch a show called My Boys on TBS? The main character is a reporter for the Cubs and relates things to baseball. The first season was ok, but instead of getting better after season one it slowly got worse.

montrealer
10-13-07, 03:14 PM
Anything on National Geographic or Civilizations network.......Scream tv a close 2nd...

PosadaGirl
10-13-07, 03:42 PM
oooo... The Deadliest Catch- those fools are CRAZY!

CanoForPresident
10-14-07, 06:55 AM
The only can't miss I watch is One Tree Hill. Chad Michael Murray does it for me.

Cheating on Sophia Bush with Paris Hilton makes him the biggest moron on the planet.

As for TV shows to watch... If you havent gotten into LOST, I suggest that you rent the DVD's and catch up. Its the best show on TV.

theres a little known show on FX called It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It has a cult following but I think it's ................ing hysterical.

PosadaGirl
10-14-07, 07:44 PM
[quote=CanoForPresident]Cheating on Sophia Bush with Paris Hilton makes him the biggest moron on the planet.
[quote]

CMM is a jerk... not only did he cheat but with Paris Hilton! :barf:

I guess I should say Lucas Scott does it for me!

gdn
10-14-07, 10:11 PM
How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Nip/Tuck, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, My Name Is Earl, Eureka, Bionic Woman, Monk, Psych, Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon, Dirty Sexy Money... I'm sure there's more.

NYDCYankee
10-15-07, 06:16 AM
No love for Chuck?

The show is pretty funny and always has hot chicks in it.

And ya know what, I am going to admit. I've been watching Gossip Girl too.

Big_E
10-15-07, 07:00 AM
Anyone watch a show called My Boys on TBS? The main character is a reporter for the Cubs and relates things to baseball. The first season was ok, but instead of getting better after season one it slowly got worse.
I tried watching the pilot episode. Gave up after about 20 mins.

4bronxbombers
10-15-07, 09:05 AM
How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Nip/Tuck, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, My Name Is Earl, Eureka, Bionic Woman, Monk, Psych, Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon, Dirty Sexy Money... I'm sure there's more.

Watch much tv?! :lol:

destelle
10-15-07, 09:43 AM

This show really disappointed me. I was excited for it, but it pretty much stunk. I am surprised it came back for another season.

TheManKnownAsMecca
10-15-07, 06:32 PM

I forgot to add Psych and Monk to my list. Both shows are great. Same with Burn Notice.

twinks34
10-15-07, 06:36 PM

I love Doctor Who!

Haven't been watching too much TV. Only things I watch are, The Office, Greys, House, Pushing Daisies and Weeds.

Evil Empire
10-15-07, 06:37 PM
I love Doctor Who!

Haven't been watching too much TV. Only things I watch are, The Office, Greys, House, Pushing Daisies and Weeds.

How is 'Pushing Daisies'?

twinks34
10-15-07, 06:46 PM
How is 'Pushing Daisies'?

So far, I really like it. It's very, very cute. It's clever and it has a random and weird moments but it just makes the show cuter. yeah.

CanoForPresident
10-15-07, 07:03 PM
No love for Chuck?

Haha are you a Josh Schwartz fan? He created both of those shows.

Not a huge fan of Gossip Girl but Chuck is awesome!

Soriambi
10-15-07, 07:04 PM
No love for Chuck?

I'm enjoying Chuck. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites or anything, but I'm watching.

PosadaGirl
10-15-07, 07:47 PM
Anyone watch Big Shots? I was excited for it but after an episode and a half... I'm not a fan.

Sam18
10-15-07, 10:21 PM
For the fans of Chuck...did you guys catch the LOST reference in the second episode? I was cracking up.

4bronxbombers
10-15-07, 10:22 PM
I forgot to add Psych and Monk to my list. Both shows are great. Same with Burn Notice.

What is Burn Notice? I've never heard of that one. Monk is funny. I've seen a few episodes. :lol: Don't know Psych either.

krystl
10-15-07, 10:30 PM
So far, I really like it. It's very, very cute. It's clever and it has a random and weird moments but it just makes the show cuter. yeah.
That's one that looked good. But my TiVo is working overtime as it is. :lol:

NYDCYankee
10-15-07, 10:45 PM
For the fans of Chuck...did you guys catch the LOST reference in the second episode? I was cracking up.

You know I did.

Dave Visbeck
10-15-07, 10:50 PM

All in the family maybe ... :dunno:

JeterForPresident
10-15-07, 10:50 PM
As far as I am concerned Seinfeld is still the best show on TV. As far as new stuff, I watch House, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Daily Show, Colbert Report, and if I wasn't busy Friday nights, I would watch Numb3rs, it is a good show.

TheManKnownAsMecca
10-15-07, 10:53 PM
What is Burn Notice? I've never heard of that one. Monk is funny. I've seen a few episodes. :lol: Don't know Psych either.

Burn Notice is another great USA Network original series. The best thing you can do is go to IMDB to get a synopsis of the show. Same with Psych. Psych is very funny, and Burn Notice was highly entertaining in its first same.

Octoberbaby
10-16-07, 04:02 AM
Did it seem like a really short season to you? To me, the finale was here before I knew it.

It did seem short but I think because it just wasn't as good this season as in other seasons of Rescue Me, sadly. I hope it is better next season.

4bronxbombers
10-16-07, 09:15 AM
All in the family maybe ... :dunno:

Are ya kidding?! I used to love that show! :lol:

twinks34
10-16-07, 10:19 AM
oof, I forgot Friday Night Lights. Excellent, excellent show.

SheffRocks11
10-16-07, 10:23 AM
House!

Hitman23
10-16-07, 10:36 AM
House!Wow. I totally forgot about that show. I agree. Definitely worth watching.

RJ44
10-16-07, 10:41 AM
Wow. I totally forgot about that show. I agree. Definitely worth watching.
It was before they started using the Ginsu and cutting people up like it was a sport. Screw that!!! My wife can watch it all she wants; I'll be in the other room.

RhodyYanksFan
10-16-07, 03:31 PM
Wow. I totally forgot about that show. I agree. Definitely worth watching.

But every week is "his most bizzare case EVER!". I never got into House. Also, the one time I did watch some guy's eye exploded. No need to see that.

ShaneTravis
10-16-07, 03:33 PM

Add Dexter in that mix and you could survive the whole TV season.

"The Straw"
10-16-07, 03:40 PM
The Wire is the best show on tv, the new season starts in January, you can catch up with the first four seasons until then.

I second that.

My name is Earl
Ghost Hunters
Californication
Curb your enthusiasm
Dexter

RhodyYanksFan
10-16-07, 03:43 PM

Damn...is this going to be the last season? I've only seen season's 1 and 2. Looks like I gotta get on the others fast.

Definitely one of, if not the, best cop show ever.

"The Straw"
10-16-07, 03:47 PM
It will be the 5th and final season.

gdn
10-16-07, 09:35 PM
What is Burn Notice? I've never heard of that one. Monk is funny. I've seen a few episodes. :lol: Don't know Psych either.Burn Notice is awesome too.

Yanks4eva1
10-16-07, 11:27 PM
I started watching this new show "Journeyman." It's really quite good.

Dee

krystl
10-17-07, 03:26 PM
But every week is "his most bizzare case EVER!". I never got into House. Also, the one time I did watch some guy's eye exploded. No need to see that.
Don't forget that almost every week they break into the patient's home. :lol:

Buckeye Yank
10-17-07, 03:54 PM
Not to hijack but what's the scoop on House....are the old crew staying or are they just slowly sending them off? It's one of the best shows on TV!

Otherwise, not sure what I'd recommend that hasn't already been suggested.

krystl
10-17-07, 05:27 PM
Bill! :)

I'm not sure about the status of his old team. I thought Foreman was definitely going, but they showed him a couple of times, so I don't know.
As for the others, I like that they are still in the same hospital and the newbies are going to them for help.

jlw1980
10-17-07, 07:21 PM
No false "reality" shows :barf:

Buckeye Yank
10-18-07, 11:37 AM
As for the others, I like that they are still in the same hospital and the newbies are going to them for help.

It cracks me up how each of them have House-like behaviors now.

krystl
10-18-07, 03:35 PM
It cracks me up how each of them have House-like behaviors now.
I know. Foreman always said he didn't want to be like House, but I think he got fired from his job (wherever it was he was working) because he was too controversial.

xenadanielle
10-19-07, 11:08 AM
OK, I caught some of "Bionic Woman" the other night and was sort of pleasantly surprised. I may tune in again.

Also, :o I have some interest in seeing how this "Next Great American Band" show will pan out--I think it's some kind of American Idol spinoff? (I mean, for the train wreck factor...)

krystl
10-19-07, 11:20 AM
OK, I caught some of "Bionic Woman" the other night and was sort of pleasantly surprised. I may tune in again.

Also, :o I have some interest in seeing how this "Next Great American Band" show will pan out--I think it's some kind of American Idol spinoff? (I mean, for the train wreck factor...)
My hubby made me TiVo the Next Great American Band. He's more interested than I am, although I do like American Idol. I'll watch at least the first one though.

xenadanielle
10-22-07, 04:32 PM
My hubby made me TiVo the Next Great American Band. He's more interested than I am, although I do like American Idol. I'll watch at least the first one though.

You know, I completely forgot it was on Friday and forgot to watch. :doh:

Did you or hubby watch it yet? I saw an ad for the 2nd episode and that is what reminded me.

krystl
10-22-07, 04:41 PM
You know, I completely forgot it was on Friday and forgot to watch. :doh:

Did you or hubby watch it yet? I saw an ad for the 2nd episode and that is what reminded me.
Apparently it was 2 hours and our TiVo only recorded an hour. We think the kids were watching something and they changed the channel (we had 2 things recording at once).

My husband liked it I guess. I didn't really enjoy it. It's too much like American Idol to me (which I do like but one format like that is enough!) I'll give it another week or so before I decide, but it should get interesting as they have to play different styles of music in the coming weeks.

xenadanielle
10-22-07, 05:01 PM
Apparently it was 2 hours and our TiVo only recorded an hour. We think the kids were watching something and they changed the channel (we had 2 things recording at once).

My husband liked it I guess. I didn't really enjoy it. It's too much like American Idol to me (which I do like but one format like that is enough!) I'll give it another week or so before I decide, but it should get interesting as they have to play different styles of music in the coming weeks.

Thanks! It looks sort of fun, I have to say but I am sure they are using the commercial time to show the more interesting-looking bands. Hopefully I can remember to watch on Friday. I don't have tivo or a working VCR.

krystl
10-22-07, 05:04 PM
Thanks! It looks sort of fun, I have to say but I am sure they are using the commercial time to show the more interesting-looking bands. Hopefully I can remember to watch on Friday. I don't have tivo or a working VCR.
Do what I used to do before TiVo...write it on a sticky note and put it somewhere near the TV (or write it on your calendar!) :)

Buckeye Yank
10-22-07, 05:06 PM

I haven't seen this (NGAB) but did love the Rockstar INXS and Rockstar Supernova shows.

Octoberbaby
10-22-07, 06:37 PM
I have watched the show Damages since it started and it is interesting but difficult to follow. I forgot to mention it. Anyway, the season finale is tomorrow night.

Also, I noticed they were showing episodes of Oz on my On Demand. When I noticed it they were already on episode 5 so I had to rent ep. 1-4 but it was worth it. This show is mesmerizing. When I watch one episode I want to watch the next one immediately. I am excited because yesterday they started ep. 8-11 so I know what I will be watching tonight.

4bronxbombers
10-22-07, 07:38 PM
Think I'm going to start with Prison Break tonight.

Evil Empire
10-22-07, 09:45 PM

I hope you don't start with tonights episode.

TheManKnownAsMecca
10-22-07, 10:39 PM

We talked a co-worker into watching the show but she went to Blockbuster and renting the first two seasons. She said once she started watching she couldn't stop. She was literally caught up in a week and a half and DVR'ed the episode she couldn't watch. It's addicting, but start at the beginning.

4bronxbombers
10-23-07, 09:14 AM
We talked a co-worker into watching the show but she went to Blockbuster and renting the first two seasons. She said once she started watching she couldn't stop. She was literally caught up in a week and a half and DVR'ed the episode she couldn't watch. It's addicting, but start at the beginning.

Well I watched it and definitely liked it however, I was a little lost with the plot. I'd love to rent the 1st 2 seasons but it's a time thing......

4bronxbombers
10-23-07, 07:49 PM
Well I figure I'll start watching Bones tonight and check that out.

Sam18
10-23-07, 07:55 PM
Does anyone remember an old old old short lived tv show called Raven? Lee Majors was in it. I remember it being one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZaCAsuKJD0

4bronxbombers
10-23-07, 07:56 PM
Does anyone remember an old old old short lived tv show called Raven? Lee Majors was in it. I remember it being one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

No...

krystl
10-23-07, 09:20 PM
Well I figure I'll start watching Bones tonight and check that out.
I think you'll like Bones. :)
David Boreanaz is :ga-ga:

JDPNYY
10-23-07, 09:46 PM
I would recommend Journeyman. NBC Monday's at 10 (eastern).

Sam18
10-23-07, 10:09 PM

Is it this year's Studio 60?

JDPNYY
10-23-07, 10:31 PM
Is it this year's Studio 60?

I hope not.

4bronxbombers
10-24-07, 09:17 AM

10 is too late. I have to get up really early Tues mornings.

4bronxbombers
10-24-07, 09:18 AM
I think you'll like Bones. :)
David Boreanaz is :ga-ga:

I didn't end up watching it. Maybe next week. 8pm is sort of a tough time in my house. It's still quite busy.....

yankeebot
10-24-07, 09:29 AM
Vicki - DVR. That's all I got.

4bronxbombers
10-24-07, 09:39 AM
Vicki - DVR. That's all I got.

I know, I know....we need a new tv to accommodate it. it's on the Top 5 Things We Need For the House list.....along with a mac book. :D

krystl
10-24-07, 09:49 AM
I didn't end up watching it. Maybe next week. 8pm is sort of a tough time in my house. It's still quite busy.....
That's why we can't live without TiVo. I never get to sit and watch tv until at least 9 pm.

Octoberbaby
10-24-07, 04:48 PM
That's why we can't live without TiVo. I never get to sit and watch tv until at least 9 pm.

I couldn't live without my DVR!

krystl
10-24-07, 06:56 PM
I couldn't live without my DVR!
I have one of those in the tv room for the kid's to use. I tried to get used to it, but the TiVo was the first DVR I ever used and now I can't learn how to use the other one. :lol:

So, we have a TiVo DirecTv receiver and a DirecTv DVR, which thankfully my son knows how to use.

YanksFan1992
10-24-07, 09:38 PM
Personally my top four shows are in order Lost, 24, The Office and The Soup (shows I try to catch every week)

After that I have 5 shows that I try to watch, but don't really care too much if I miss: Scrubs, Family Guy, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and South Park.

Finally, two of my favorite shows that are no longer creating new episodes, That 70's Show and King of Queens

Yankees Pride
10-24-07, 09:43 PM
Everyone should try to watch Arrested Development. It's by far my favorite modern TV show. (That and Sopranos) I like the old sitcoms too. Taxi is one of my favorites.

Yankees Pride
10-24-07, 09:47 PM
Oh and I also watch South Park regularly.