PDA

View Full Version : Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

Metroidman
06-10-07, 03:08 PM
AAA
Sanchez
Horne
Kennedy
Joba
Olensdorf

AA
Garcia
Marquez
Kontos
McCutchen
Filler

A
Dellin
Reyes
Notron
Brackman
Pope

Looking pretty good I'd say :D

ppa79
06-10-07, 03:12 PM
AAA
Sanchez
Horne
Kennedy
Joba
Olensdorf

AA
Garcia
Marquez
Kontos
McCutchen
Filler

A
Dellin
Reyes
Notron
Brackman
Pope

Looking pretty good I'd say :D

Sanchez will probably be out a bit longer. Marquez will probably be in AAA next year. I wouldn't be suprised if Sanchez is converted to a reliever now with all the starting pitching depth.

You fogot about Nova and McAllister

Metroidman
06-10-07, 03:13 PM
I dont think the Yanks want to give up on Sanchez that early. They might try him again after TJ and if he sticks he'll be a stud

ppa79
06-10-07, 03:15 PM
I dont think the Yanks want to give up on Sanchez that early. They might try him again after TJ and if he sticks he'll be a stud

You could be right, but I doubt we'll see Sanchez pitching in AAA until midseason of next year. He'll probably get some rehab starts in A or A+.

Metroidman
06-10-07, 03:17 PM
I thought Sanchez was due early next season?

hmm I wonder if the Yanks will move Kennedy to AAA this year. That way he can replace any injured pitchers next season. Plus it makes room for Marquez if Sanches is healthy

ppa79
06-10-07, 03:20 PM
I thought Sanchez was due early next season?

hmm I wonder if the Yanks will move Kennedy to AAA this year. That way he can replace any injured pitchers next season. Plus it makes room for Marquez if Sanches is healthy

Wouldn't it make more sense to move Horne since he has more AA innings under his belt.

Metroidman
06-10-07, 03:21 PM
Hey I'm still wondering to this day why Horne isn't in AAA

but the Yanks minor handing is weird

Britton is in AAA in favor of erm Henn?

Horne is still in AA

Joba while dominating more than Kennedy is still in A

If it was up to me Joba/Horne and Britton and probably Edwar Ram would get promoted

BennyTheJetRodriguez
06-10-07, 03:23 PM
Hey I'm still wondering to this day why Horne isn't in AAA

but the Yanks minor handing is weird

Britton is in AAA in favor of erm Henn?

Horne is still in AA

Joba while dominating more than Kennedy is still in A

If it was up to me Joba/Horne and Britton and probably Edwar Ram would get promotedNot to mention all these garbage minor league fillers are taking up spots in Scranton when the lower levels are overflowing.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 03:38 PM
It'll sort itself out and Horne and Marquez will probably end up in AAA this year if they are not part of a trade for a 1B. BTW, some of these pitchers will be traded.

Metroidman
06-10-07, 03:38 PM
Not Horne please

I love his potential

philleotardo
06-10-07, 05:01 PM
Not Horne please

I love his potential
Not to mention the patience the Yanks showed in handling him- he looked terrible this time last year. To have him make this much progress only to end up somewhere else would be a letdown.

ppa79
06-10-07, 05:05 PM
It'll sort itself out and Horne and Marquez will probably end up in AAA this year if they are not part of a trade for a 1B. BTW, some of these pitchers will be traded.

Not Alan. :( :(

He has the makings of an ace.

WeekendWarrior
06-10-07, 05:19 PM
Where's Ivan Super Nova

Skars
06-10-07, 05:20 PM
if we trade horne and get a very useful part its a good thing. this depth is going to have to be traded at some point.

either way i dont understand this thread haha

ppa79
06-10-07, 05:25 PM
if we trade horne and get a very useful part its a good thing. this depth is going to have to be traded at some point.

either way i dont understand this thread haha

I don't want to trade Horne. :( After Hughes, Bentances, and Chamberlain he is probably our highest ceiling starter.

Trade someone else.

(Sanchez and Garcia don't count because they are injured). I haven't included Brackman either.

wang+cano=future
06-10-07, 05:32 PM
Don't forget about White...Probably can plug him into AA or AAA.

stupidpunchline
06-10-07, 07:59 PM
MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda

gdn
06-10-07, 08:01 PM
MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel BarredaApart from the Marquez in the bullpent part, this looks about right.

ppa79
06-10-07, 08:02 PM

A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda

There is no way Steven White gets a spot over Marquez or Sanchez

indianyanksfan
06-10-07, 08:03 PM

WOW! :D

Skars
06-10-07, 08:07 PM
domingo cabrera was released, FYI

ojo
06-10-07, 08:11 PM
brett smith will be 24 at the start of next season, and will be pitching for S/w-b...or for another organization. making him spin his wheels in trenton would be insanity.

stupidpunchline
06-10-07, 08:18 PM
brett smith will be 24 at the start of next season, and will be pitching for S/w-b...or for another organization. making him spin his wheels in trenton would be insanity.

He should hope for a trade, or for White/Ohlendorf/Wright to be traded. It's not a matter of ability, it's a matter of ludicrous depth.

stupidpunchline
06-10-07, 08:21 PM
There is no way Steven White gets a spot over Marquez or Sanchez

I listed Marquez and Sanchez in the bullpen because that's where a lot people seem to think they're headed. Humberto could be a dominant set-up man or the successor to Mo. And every time I see a comparison for Marquez, it's always Ramiro Mendoza.

stupidpunchline
06-10-07, 08:21 PM
domingo cabrera was released, FYI

Duly noted.

I couldn't think of another pitcher and I panicked.

philleotardo
06-10-07, 08:35 PM
I also think Marquez's long term future is in the bullpen.

ppa79
06-10-07, 08:45 PM
I listed Marquez and Sanchez in the bullpen because that's where a lot people seem to think they're headed. Humberto could be a dominant set-up man or the successor to Mo. And every time I see a comparison for Marquez, it's always Ramiro Mendoza.

Lets move those guys to the bullpen if they show they can't start and can't get through the lineup multiple times.

just-blaze
06-10-07, 08:56 PM
I also think Marquez's long term future is in the bullpen.

So are you going to survive tonight, Phil?

gdn
06-10-07, 09:30 PM
Just a minor edit: the name is Ohlendorf, not Olensdorf.

indianyanksfan
06-10-07, 09:31 PM
Just a minor edit: the name is Ohlendorf, not Olensdorf.

you dude when is this guy coming back to the rotation?

philleotardo
06-10-07, 09:38 PM
So are you going to survive tonight, Phil?
Ha, don't want to give any spoilers.

BennyTheJetRodriguez
06-11-07, 01:15 AM
I listed Marquez and Sanchez in the bullpen because that's where a lot people seem to think they're headed. Humberto could be a dominant set-up man or the successor to Mo. And every time I see a comparison for Marquez, it's always Ramiro Mendoza.But White will be in the Pen before both.

mbn007
06-11-07, 08:11 AM

That's the point most folks here fail to realize or acknowledge. It is impossible that all these "names" make the Yankees someday. Too many pitchers for the 5 man rotation. The most likely senario is that a few are traded for help at other areas.

Metroidman
06-11-07, 02:39 PM
That's the point most folks here fail to realize or acknowledge. It is impossible that all these "names" make the Yankees someday. Too many pitchers for the 5 man rotation. The most likely senario is that a few are traded for help at other areas.

Actually the thing that people fail to realize is no matter how many arms we have only a few will be in the majors for long

We keep them all to see who does the best at the MLB level and do it that way

wang+cano=future
06-11-07, 02:48 PM

Hopefully that scenario with develop. It will sure be a good problem to have. I dream of a rotation of Hughes, Wang, Joba, Betances and Brackman with every pitcher reaching their potential to a certain degree.

Donnybaseball72
06-11-07, 02:52 PM
If Steven Jackson is going to the pen he should be back in SWB next season.