PDA

View Full Version : 2007 MLB Draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Matsui55
06-09-07, 05:40 PM
Every year its the same song. The RS, The Tigers, Angels Mets and yes even the Devil Rays and Rangers have Igored the slot money system and we year after year are given the bad press..

It is the Angels who REALLY abuse it- and what about the Cubs giving their top pick more money than the Yanks essentially gave their top FIVE picks- yet the Yanks were the ones singled out for the Kennedy signing! Its just more convenient to blame the Yankees for everything.

It will be very interesting to see if their song changes when the Yanks revenue sharing tax bill goes down (it isn't eliminated, but goes down significantly) when they take out the costs for the new stadium- as well as when they reduce the payroll enought to cut off most of the luxury tax. We'll see how much the teams that have been living off the Yanks do on their own.

LecheCaberera2826
06-09-07, 06:32 PM
Looking at the scores of our minor league teams i can't wait to replenish our system with some of the great hitters we picked up in this draft, its finally gonna give me more hitting prospects to look at this summer.

albo4lyfe
06-09-07, 11:06 PM
LMAO @ Callis on this answer.

Jim Callis: The Yankees can afford to sign anyone they want. Those are two guys they can sink some money to bolster their draft if they can't land Andrew Brackman . . . but they can sign Brackman and those guys if they want.

If they can't land Brackman? What, did the Yanks just take him for the hell of it? Unbelievable.

PS. The guys he was talking about were Carpenter and Peavy.

Buzah!
06-09-07, 11:17 PM
LMAO @ Callis on this answer.

Jim Callis: The Yankees can afford to sign anyone they want. Those are two guys they can sink some money to bolster their draft if they can't land Andrew Brackman . . . but they can sign Brackman and those guys if they want.

If they can't land Brackman? What, did the Yanks just take him for the hell of it? Unbelievable.

PS. The guys he was talking about were Carpenter and Peavy.I don't think Carpenter is gonna be tough to sign at all. And I think Peavey will be gotten, too,

Steph19
06-09-07, 11:32 PM
I think Carpenter has got to be a sure-sign. I hear that Peavey is "50/50" between college and pros and if the odds are that good already, I'm sure the Yankees can convince him to go pro.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 12:08 AM
I think Carpenter has got to be a sure-sign. I hear that Peavey is "50/50" between college and pros and if the odds are that good already, I'm sure the Yankees can convince him to go pro.I agree completely.

Aviezer
06-10-07, 12:10 AM
why are we all up this late

Buzah!
06-10-07, 12:22 AM
why are we all up this latebecause we live in California?

Tabata
06-10-07, 12:31 AM

Because we live in Australia? ;)

Matsui-San
06-10-07, 12:37 AM
Because we're insomniacs? :P

IrishYankee
06-10-07, 01:06 AM
Because I had to wait till the Sox finished with the DBacks to get on line. Several "friends" were over watching the game and ragging on me. I'm no Clemens fan, but it was nice to be able to shove it in their face.
Have to say though, when they broke down the RedSox draft, they have a large number of HS guys with power as a superior skill. Obviously the focus of their draft, and they did a nice job. Lugo for Porcello kept me going all night though!!!!!

Buzah!
06-10-07, 01:08 AM
Because I had to wait till the Sox finished with the DBacks to get on line. Several "friends" were over watching the game and ragging on me. I'm no Clemens fan, but it was nice to be able to shove it in their face.
Have to say though, when they broke down the RedSox draft, they have a large number of HS guys with power as a superior skill. Obviously the focus of their draft, and they did a nice job. Lugo for Porcello kept me going all night though!!!!!We did a better job. Oh, and all the catchers we took can actually hit.

xie
06-10-07, 01:26 AM
Sox had an average draft, but nothing close to last year, where a ton of talent fell into their laps and 2 first rounders didn't hurt.

If we can sign these kids I don't see how anyone can legitimately say the Yankees didn't have the best draft.

YASS
06-10-07, 01:41 AM
Sox had an average draft, but nothing close to last year, where a ton of talent fell into their laps and 2 first rounders didn't hurt.

If we can sign these kids I don't see how anyone can legitimately say the Yankees didn't have the best draft.

Detroit might argue with you on that one.

IrishYankee
06-10-07, 01:43 AM
I wasn't intimating we had a bad draft, I was just commenting on theirs. I love our draft. We took accomplished hitters with patience and pitchers that can be very good if they click. Hard to argue with many of the Yankee choices.
Agreed on the catchers. It could quickly become an organizational strength, as Cervelli is looking good, and Anson is by far my favourite. I love his swing, and if it were not for needing to polish his catching skills, I think he'd move quickly. Then Montero, G-Rod (although he's definitely a 1B/DH), and this draft class, of which I like the limited viewing I've had of Romine and Weems.

IrishYankee
06-10-07, 01:53 AM
Detroit's draft was fantastic if they sign they're big name guys. No question they're the best in my mind. Yanks not far behind. Red Sox definitely drafted a lot of talent, just seemed like an unusual draft plan to me.
The usual 3 year wait to see who really got what begins!

Buzah!
06-10-07, 01:54 AM
Detroit might argue with you on that one.Not after Procello hits UNC.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 01:54 AM
Detroit's draft was fantastic if they sign they're big name guys. No question they're the best in my mind. Yanks not far behind. Red Sox definitely drafted a lot of talent, just seemed like an unusual draft plan to me.
The usual 3 year wait to see who really got what begins!I liked what the Tigers and Yanks were doing most. Depends on who signs. If Nardi can max out Brackman, though, all bets are off.

YASS
06-10-07, 01:55 AM
Not after Procello hits UNC.

That's a big if, for sure, but even if they lose him, they've got nothing to cry about. They drafted some solid talent.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 02:04 AM
That's a big if, for sure, but even if they lose him, they've got nothing to cry about. They drafted some solid talent.They really did. It was annoying, but I ended up thrilled with what the Yanks did.

IrishYankee
06-10-07, 02:07 AM
Me too. I thought Texas and the DB's also had strong drafts, but I'm very happy with the Yanks picks this year. Lets get them signed.

mhmajp
06-10-07, 02:40 AM
Interesting that no one seems to be mentioning the Giants' draft. They drafted some very good players as well.

Tabata
06-10-07, 02:48 AM
Has anyone like BA done any kind of rankings on how they thought all the teams did?

Tabata
06-10-07, 03:28 AM
Not after Procello hits UNC.

Procello and Harvey at North Carolina = :drool: :drool: :drool:

albo4lyfe
06-10-07, 07:08 AM
I don't think Carpenter is gonna be tough to sign at all. And I think Peavey will be gotten, too,

I'm laughing at his idea of the Yanks possibly not signing Brackman. There is 0% of that happening, IMO.

albo4lyfe
06-10-07, 07:10 AM
Detroit might argue with you on that one.

Pound for pound, if we sign most of the signability guys we took, we had the best draft.

BomberBrian
06-10-07, 08:03 AM
Some draftees are in action today in super regional play.

At 1 pm on espn Damon Sublett and Wichita State take on Taylor Holiday and Matt Morris of UC-Irvine.

At 4 pm Isaiah Howes and Louisville take on Oklahoma State, also on espn.

Posada_20
06-10-07, 10:25 AM
Texas had a great draft. Snagging Beaven and Main with their first 2 picks was a major coup.

BomberBrian
06-10-07, 12:10 PM
Sublett is starting at 2b and batting third for Wichita State.

Holiday is leading off and playing 1B for Irvine while Morris is in LF batting fourth.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 12:31 PM
I'm laughing at his idea of the Yanks possibly not signing Brackman. There is 0% of that happening, IMO.The Yankee elves are already sewing together his ginormous pinstripes.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 12:32 PM
Sublett is starting at 2b and batting third for Wichita State.

Holiday is leading off and playing 1B for Irvine while Morris is in LF batting fourth.I hope we get Sublett signed.

BomberBrian
06-10-07, 02:15 PM
Morris makes a tremendous defensive play in LF and nearly had an ugly collision in the process.

BomberBrian
06-10-07, 02:56 PM
Morris scores the game winning run sending UC Irvine to Omaha.

Sublett is now available to sign.

Buzah!
06-10-07, 03:00 PM
Sign Him Up!

RICO7
06-10-07, 04:53 PM
let's hope that the pitchers we drafted that are still in the cws teams get elimatied. The coaches really like to burn out the pitchers this time of year.