PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

NYDCYankee
06-02-07, 02:18 PM
Last night I found myself not only watching the Yankee-Sox game but following several other games as well, DET-CLE, LAA-BAL...

Unlike past years where only what the Red Sox were doing grabbed our attention, pretty much every game in the AL has some bearing on how the Yankees do in the standings.

Last night Cleveland beat Detroit again thankfully and with the Yankees win that puts them at 6.0 out. But so did, Toronto, Baltimore, Seattle and Oakland.

Now I am not conceding the division and hopefully this thread can turn into a "Watching the Scoreboard" for the AL East thread, but I thought this thread could be useful to keep track of things, while the other games are going on.

Wild Card standings

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

Regular standings

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

At the moment the White Sox are beating the Jays 3-1.

ColoradoGuy
06-02-07, 02:22 PM
I've been watching the scoreboard regularly too, just like you.

I'm still quite optimistic the wildcard is well within our reach!

TheInfallibleOne
06-02-07, 02:24 PM
The only games I am concerned with are NYY vs _____
Torre says it every year. We control our own fate.

CaptainThurman
06-02-07, 02:28 PM
Mark it down -- the Yankees will make the playoffs. All the horrible news for this season is behind them. It couldn't get any worse in April and May.

And for all the teams they're chasing, the horrible news is ahead of them.

NYDCYankee
06-02-07, 04:12 PM
Jays end up beating the Sox 9-3.

NYDCYankee
06-02-07, 07:22 PM
Det-Cle tied 4-4.

NYYFAN5388
06-02-07, 09:34 PM
Gotta do alot of scoreboard watching for the rest of the season

JDPNYY
06-02-07, 09:35 PM
Tampa Bay lost to the Royals.

NYDCYankee
06-03-07, 12:04 AM
Detroit beat Cleveland. Seven back

Tabata
06-03-07, 07:06 AM
Tampa Bay lost to the Royals.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nortonfan83
06-03-07, 08:55 AM
Btw.. 2005 on July 1st the Yanks were 39-39. A fact that nobody ever brings up. Just shows how much of a season you have to play until you start counting a team out.

Toaderly
06-03-07, 08:58 AM
I'm too busy watching the calendar.

Messerwhitescooter
06-03-07, 09:15 AM
Btw.. 2005 on July 1st the Yanks were 39-39. A fact that nobody ever brings up. Just shows how much of a season you have to play until you start counting a team out.

What makes you think the 07 team can get to .500 by July 1st?

joelmon
06-03-07, 09:18 AM
One thing to remember, though. The 2005 Yankees also had Sheffield, Bernie, a better Moose and a 10-1 streak from Aaron Small. They also won like 22 of their last 25 games near the end of the year vs the Jays/Orioles/Drays. There was a lot of good luck/karma on that team that year.

The odds of that happening again...

The Dbacks/White Sox/Mets will make it hard to be .500 by July 1. And the Giants on the road throwing guys like Cain/Zito and Lincecum will be another challenge. The pitching is just better and the lower end teams have more incentive to win, now, since they can keep the Yankees down.

Also, the Blue Jays have more pitching, the Orioles have more pitching and the Drays are a tougher out (despite a useless pen). Unless the Yankees can have another 22/25 streak vs them, it'll be almost impossible to make up the cupcake games Detroit/White Sox/Minny will have. Same with the A's.

The most important thing is having Hughes ready as well as a young pitching staff for years to come. Losing the playoffs one year isn't the end of the world. If anything, it helped the Red Sox.

NYDCYankee
06-03-07, 02:06 PM
Det up on Cle 7-2 in the fifth and Chi over Tor 3-1 in the sixth

And for JDPNYY there is a pitchers duel today in TB. KC losing 2-1.

Skars
06-03-07, 02:08 PM
im glad this is official and in ITL

primetime714
06-03-07, 02:15 PM
I've definitely been keeping a close eye on Detroit but thats about it. If someone else takes the WC lead from them or gets closer to them than I'll divert or broaden my attention. Really it doesn't matter how we get in the playoffs if the Yankees can get in that would be huge. As much as it pains me to say I think the division is out of reach. However last year when Detroit had such a big lead on us for home field advantage in the AL we were able to catch them and I think their starting rotation is a little bit worse this year. They also play in the toughest division in baseball so they are bound to lose some games to divison rivals.

NYDCYankee
06-03-07, 02:16 PM
It can be moved if it troubles you. And everything has to be official these days.

In Mo I Trust
06-03-07, 02:17 PM
I'm not going to seriously start watching the scoreboard until the Yankees start playing well for a significant stretch.

Hawaii Yankee Fan
06-03-07, 02:20 PM
One thing to remember, though. The 2005 Yankees also had Sheffield, Bernie, a better Moose and a 10-1 streak from Aaron Small. They also won like 22 of their last 25 games near the end of the year vs the Jays/Orioles/Drays. There was a lot of good luck/karma on that team that year.

Tyler is twice the pitcher that Small was

Also, the Blue Jays have more pitching, the Orioles have more pitching and the Drays are a tougher out (despite a useless pen). Unless the Yankees can have another 22/25 streak vs them, it'll be almost impossible to make up the cupcake games Detroit/White Sox/Minny will have. Same with the A's.

Roger is coming soon, Mussina and Andy are two gamers who will always keep you inn games (although folks like to get on Moose... this is not a fair assumption). Wang was a Cy Young contender and will be again this year if the chips fall. Hughes is a great #2 man pitching in the #5 man spot but even if he isn't Tyler is probably the best #5 man in the AL east, maybe all of baseball

The most important thing is having Hughes ready as well as a young pitching staff for years to come. Losing the playoffs one year isn't the end of the world. If anything, it helped the Red Sox.[/quote]

primetime714
06-03-07, 03:42 PM
Tyler is twice the pitcher that Small was

Roger is coming soon, Mussina and Andy are two gamers who will always keep you inn games (although folks like to get on Moose... this is not a fair assumption). Wang was a Cy Young contender and will be again this year if the chips fall. Hughes is a great #2 man pitching in the #5 man spot but even if he isn't Tyler is probably the best #5 man in the AL east, maybe all of baseball

The most important thing is having Hughes ready as well as a young pitching staff for years to come. Losing the playoffs one year isn't the end of the world. If anything, it helped the Red Sox.[/quote]

I like Ty but I think you might be overrating him a bit. Hughes won't be back until the end of July at the earliest. Moose is good but as always is inconsistent and while he'll give you some great games he'll also give you some bad ones especially as it becomes increasingly harder for him to keep his velocity up. Roger is great but has been an unknown commodity in the AL for sometime. Oh and the one major thing your forgetting is that our bullpen for the most part sucks and our record in close games is abysmal.

If our fortunes do turn around which is entirely possible we could make a run, but it is quite the uphill climb and everything is going to have to start going our way and soon. Detroit is about to beat Cleveland today putting hte Yankees 7.5 games out of the wild card spot going into this game. That may not seem like much in comparison to the 13.5 games the Sox have over us but 7.5 is no walk in the park especially with several other teams vieing for that spot. Oh and if you're still thinking about the division thats pretty naive.

NYDCYankee
06-05-07, 12:03 AM
This Red Sox game is out of hand. The A's are trying to give it away.

NYDCYankee
06-05-07, 12:58 AM
E Chavez walk off HR. A's win.

TB, Seattle, and LAA all win.

Yanks fall back a half a game 7.5 in the WC race.

KLJ
06-05-07, 07:43 AM
not much reason to be scoreboard watching this year..

this is a perfect season to be in multiple fantasy baseball leagues..

BRNXBMRS
06-05-07, 07:45 AM
I always watch the scoreboard, but till the Yanks put a nice streak together its very frustraiting.

MichaelŪ
06-05-07, 08:02 AM
The comparison to 2005 are a waste of time. Yeah, they were 39-39 on July 1. They were also only six games out of first place, not 12 1/2. Why doesn't anyone mention that? The comparison of records is meaningless. It's what the teams in front of them are doing that matters. If you have to leave out relevant information in an attempt to find some optimism, you're better off not wasting your time.

To the poster who said we might be overrated Clippard a bit, you're absolutely right. People are so enamored with the idea that Brian Cashman has rebuilt the farm system that they assume every pitcher who gets called up is this hidden gem. Then when the pitcher struggles, they make excuses for him (Torre pulled him too quickly!) and look for ways to sugarcoat his performance.

Like every rookie pitcher who's started a game this year -- with the obvious exception of Hughes -- Clippard has had control problems that aren't always evidenced by his walk total. Although he has walked eight batters and struck out 10 (not a great ratio) he often misses targets, falls behind hitters and is wild in the strike zone.

To say he's twice the pitcher Aaron Small was is irresponsible. Small walked 24 batters during his 10-0 season in 2005 in 76 innings. Clippard's already walked eight batters in only 15 innings. The comparison's not close right now. Small wasn't overpowering and that '05 was obviously a flukey case of being in the right place at the right time, but he threw strikes and let his defense do the rest. None of these rookies have done that. They're always behind in the count and then we have the nerve to wonder why the defense can't make plays behind them. I wouldn't blame the defenders for falling asleep while one of these "prospects" is laboring on the mound throwing one pitch every five minutes and falling behind 3-1 to every hitter.

As for scoreboard watching, it's pointless now. The Yankees can't win more than two games in a row. What everyone else is doing won't mean much unless they learn how to keep the good vibes going for more than one night.

TEPLimey
06-05-07, 08:05 AM
To the poster who said we might be overrated Clippard a bit, you're absolutely right. People are so enamored with the idea that Brian Cashman has rebuilt the farm system that they assume every pitcher who gets called up is this hidden gem. Then when the pitcher struggles, they make excuses for him (Torre pulled him too quickly!) and look for ways to sugarcoat his performance.

Clippard is what he is - a serviceable guy who projects to be a #3-4 guy at best. I believe that he will make a good cheap option for the back end of the rotation, nothing more. People are enamoured with the idea that Brian Cashman has rebuilt the farm system because he has - Hughes, Chamberlain, Whelan, Claggett, Sanchez, Kennedy, Ohlendorf - they all have higher upsides that Clippard in their respective roles.

Metroidman
06-05-07, 08:06 AM
The comparison to 2005 are a waste of time. Yeah, they were 39-39 on July 1. They were also only six games out of first place, not 12 1/2. Why doesn't anyone mention that? The comparison of records is meaningless. It's what the teams in front of them are doing that matters. If you have to leave out relevant information in an attempt to find some optimism, you're better off not wasting your time.

Like every rookie pitcher who's started a game this year -- with the obvious exception of Hughes -- Clippard has had control problems that aren't always evidenced by his walk total. Although he has walked eight batters and struck out 10 (not a great ratio) he often misses targets, falls behind hitters and is wild in the strike zone.

To say he's twice the pitcher Aaron Small was is irresponsible. Small walked 24 batters during his 10-0 season in 2005 in 76 innings. Clippard's already walked eight batters in only 15 innings. The comparison's not close right now. Small wasn't overpowering and that '05 was obviously a flukey case of being in the right place at the right time, but he threw strikes and let his defense do the rest. None of these rookies have done that. They're always behind in the count and then we have the nerve to wonder why the defense can't make plays behind them. I wouldn't blame the defenders for falling asleep while one of these "prospects" is laboring on the mound throwing one pitch every five minutes and falling behind 3-1 to every hitter.

As for scoreboard watching, it's pointless now. The Yankees can't win more than two games in a row. What everyone else is doing won't mean much unless they learn how to keep the good vibes going for more than one night.

Yea we all overrate clippard

Not to mention BA who ranked him as the Yanks 7th best prospect

Clippard has the 2nd best control in our system behind Hughes

As for falling behind hitters if you knew any goddamn thing about Clippard you'd know he takes time to adjust to every level. When he got promted to A he strugged for a month or 2 and then was lights out. When he got promoted to AA he struggled with 5.7ERA for a month and a half. Then he was on par with Hughes for the rest of the season. He was also adjusting to AAA. Give the kid a break. To say Small is better than Clippard is to not know a goddamn thing about Clippard. He has the 2nd best change in the system right now behind probably Edwar Rameriez. He also has a curve that is devestating

Jeez you're basing freaking Clippard on 15ML innings?

Hes' not Desalvo/Karstens/Rasner

He has the stuff and command to be a decent 4/5 pitcher

Hitman23
06-05-07, 08:07 AM
Is Johnny Damon allowed in here?

conkermaniac
06-05-07, 08:10 AM

:clap: Excellent post. People don't appreciate just how good Aaron Small was that year just because his stuff wasn't impressive. But his control was outstanding; he attacked the strike zone and kept batters off balance with a respectable changeup. I've always wondered what he might have done had he not gotten injured right from the get go Spring Training in 2006. I also speculated in 2006 that Chacon would put it back together after building his arm and leg strength back to 2005 levels--and he's certainly shown that this year. These rookies have nothing on Small and Chacon--they may have better stuff (in the case of Desalvo, I doubt that, even), but they are far from better pitchers.

NYDCYankee
06-06-07, 01:49 AM
This is a fun thread to update today.

Yanks gain on both Detroit and Boston

Yanks 6.5 behind Detroit 11.5 behind Boston.

Texas and the A's doing a good job of really helping the Yanks out.

ppa79
06-06-07, 06:08 AM
Our first goal should be getting to .500. Once we get there then I'll start worrying about how far we are back.

NYDCYankee
06-06-07, 11:54 PM
Update time.

Yankees have picked up 4 games on the Red Sox over a 7 game span going back to last Wednesday. Let's keep this pace up. The weekend is set up nicely as the Yankees face the Pirates and the Sox face the DBacks. (BTW I wish we had grabbed Owings from them).

Not to shabby. Yankees trail by 10.5 at the moment.

They also gained ground on Seattle, Toronto and obviously the White Sox.

Gringaloca
06-06-07, 11:58 PM
Update time.

Yankees have picked up 4 games on the Red Sox over a 7 game span going back to last Wednesday. . .

ThazwhaImtalkinbout!!...:D 'Scoreboard watching' has kept me up 'til 1:00 a.m....on a Wednesday!...:)

DJ27
06-07-07, 12:00 AM
Our first goal should be getting to .500. Once we get there then I'll start worrying about how far we are back.

Agreed. We will revisit this thread in August.

BxBomber44
06-07-07, 12:03 AM
when we get back to .500 i'll deffinately start doing this daily. Now i'm watching some games but not going crazy. Let's keep this play up though, it's nice to see.

Jace
06-07-07, 12:03 AM
woooo this is fun when we win

NYDCYankee
06-07-07, 12:15 AM
Agreed. We will revisit this thread in August.

Then, hopefully, we will only have to be wondering about just 1 other team.

But as I said earlier, EVERY GAME matters to us at this point. I have had my eyes on everything because almost everyone is ahead of the Yankees.

So I figure this is a place where we can keep everyone updated.

Kluivert4Ever
06-07-07, 12:34 AM
My personal goals for making the playoffs (note I am NOT conceding the division just want to make sure we get in).

As of today we are 6,5 GB in the WC standings with a game in hand, we win that one and we are 6 GB back.

After June:
5GB

After July:
3GB

After August:
1GB

After September:
We got the WC.

Right now to keep this pace we need to gain 1,5 games in the next 23 days, I say thats possible.

sweet_lou_14
06-07-07, 12:59 AM
My personal goals for making the playoffs (note I am NOT conceding the division just want to make sure we get in).

As of today we are 6,5 GB in the WC standings with a game in hand, we win that one and we are 6 GB back.

After June:
5GB

After July:
3GB

After August:
1GB

After September:
We got the WC.

Right now to keep this pace we need to gain 1,5 games in the next 23 days, I say thats possible.

This EXTREMELY conservative pace should serve as a clear demonstration of how wide-open the wild card race really is. It's completely up for grabs.

That said, count me among those who are having fun scoreboard-watching ... don't let anybody tell you it's too early for this thread!

Nicky_Mantle
06-07-07, 01:53 AM
Whos ready for the comeback of the decade? I have faith.

FingersCrossed
06-07-07, 03:00 AM
I'm having fun watching, too. My thanks to the thread master!

BRNXBMRS
06-07-07, 07:40 AM
The Yanks made up 4 1/2 games in a week, Yes they are still under 500, but this team is finally looking like it has some life.

bagger015
06-07-07, 12:37 PM
The only games I am concerned with are NYY vs _____
Torre says it every year. We control our own fate.

Ditto........it's up to the Yankees no one else.........;)

jeterismyhomeboy
06-07-07, 12:48 PM
I have to admit, I am always scoreboard watching. Even in the darkest days, I scoreboard watch. I suppose watching now has everything to do with faith. I want to see if they're making up ground. I hope that it continues, and that the team continues to play well.

BonusCantos
06-07-07, 01:41 PM
when we get back to .500 i'll deffinately start doing this daily. Now i'm watching some games but not going crazy. Let's keep this play up though, it's nice to see.
I want the Yankees to get back to .500 as soon as possible, but to be honest, the "games behind" column is more important to me at the moment, especially given the fact that the number is starting to shrink.

yankeefreak04
06-07-07, 02:33 PM
Well, one team ahead of us in the standings just lost as Tampa Bay upended Toronto 5-3 with a 2 run single by Delmon Young in the ninth inning...

TheBamTino24
06-07-07, 05:56 PM
I always pay attention to the standings throughout the season. But I don't worry about them, or declare teams out, until after the All-Star Break.

ericns1
06-07-07, 06:14 PM
At least Schilling lost his no-hitter with 2 outs in the 9th.

groovitude
06-07-07, 06:37 PM
I want the Yankees to get back to .500 as soon as possible, but to be honest, the "games behind" column is more important to me at the moment, especially given the fact that the number is starting to shrink.
Exactly. Seeing the dramatic shift in games back is more encouraging for me personally to watch than our record.

NYDCYankee
06-07-07, 11:05 PM
A couple of teams had the day off today, so the Yankees were able to gain on them. Those teams include (I think) Balt, Seattle and Minn. Yanks gained a full game on Toronto, Oakland and Chicago.

Yankees are now in a three way tie with Baltimore and Chicago.

Jetfanmack
06-08-07, 03:50 AM
I look at the Sox score every day. I honestly haven't looked at one Detroit or Cleveland or an AL West team's final and thought about playoff implications for the Yankees. I'll worry about that in August and September, if we're in it at that point.

sweet_lou_14
06-08-07, 06:11 AM
I look at the Sox score every day. I honestly haven't looked at one Detroit or Cleveland or an AL West team's final and thought about playoff implications for the Yankees. I'll worry about that in August and September, if we're in it at that point.

I don't look at it that way. I look at it like climbing a mountain. At least right now, it looks like it would take a better record to win the East than to win the Wild Card. So for me, I want to see them get to .500, then put the Eastern Division teams (other than Boston) in their rear-view mirror for good, then grab the lead in the Wild Card, then make the final assault on Boston.

All of us want to win the division if we can, but it's OK to recognize that the Wild Card is an important milestone and OK to enjoy every step of the journey.

BonusCantos
06-08-07, 03:55 PM
Same. If the division is miles away well after the All-Star Break, then it's time to think Wild Card. You don't play for 2nd place with 104 games to go.

groovitude
06-08-07, 04:04 PM
Same. If the division is miles away well after the All-Star Break, then it's time to think Wild Card. You don't play for 2nd place with 104 games to go.
You play for first place for the next 104 games, end of story.

aeromac76
06-08-07, 04:26 PM
You play for first place for the next 104 games, end of story.

Agreed, and that is what the players are doing I am sure..

But as fans, I also keep a close eye on the WC knowing that anyway to make the playoffs is a good way to make the playoffs

primetime714
06-08-07, 04:35 PM
Right now in terms of scoreboard watching I'm only really paying attention to the Red Sox and Tigers. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the AL is tied with us in the fact that they too are currently out of the playoff picture. A lot would have to happen for me to really care about how well Toronto, Baltimore, Seattle, Oakland, and even Minnesota are doing unless they are playing the Yankees, Red Sox, or Tigers that day. If any of them catch the Tigers or get real close I'll pay closer attention, however not only are the Tigers the current wild card leaders but they are the best team (other than maybe the Yankees) that are competing for that spot. In the end I think the final playoff spot is going to come down to the Yankees, Tigers, and Indians. I'm not conceding the division (although if we start to lose ground again I might) but I don't expect the Sox to fall behind all 3 of these teams.

CallOfTheCrow
06-08-07, 04:50 PM
I always watch the scoreboard, whether we're up 15, down 20, up 3, down 3....I'm always interested in what our rivals are up to.

Squid
06-08-07, 05:18 PM
I always watch the Red Sox and anyone else with any shot at the East (like the O's pretended to have a few years ago). And now I watch the Tigers and a few other legit Wild Card contenders.

Then, lately, if the Yankees win, I sit there and refresh the MLB.com standings page until the results are reflected. Then I try to sleep.

Kluivert4Ever
06-08-07, 09:31 PM
5,5 GB of the WC.

NYDCYankee
06-08-07, 09:34 PM
5,5 GB of the WC.

Let's go Mets!

Sam18
06-08-07, 09:35 PM
Let's go Mets!

..FAN dun dun dun

WeekendWarrior
06-08-07, 09:45 PM
If the yankees can just keep winning series, they will be there at the end.

BonusCantos
06-08-07, 10:28 PM
Looks like we'll have to be content to stay 10.5 back tonight. With Clemens going tomorrow, I can live with it. At least there won't be any ground lost.

pWi
06-08-07, 10:31 PM
Looks like we'll have to be content to stay 10.5 back tonight. With Clemens going tomorrow, I can live with it. At least there won't be any ground lost.
BUUUUUT now we're 5.5 GB in the WC. shwing

EDIT: oh. somebody mentioned that already...go Yankees?

FingersCrossed
06-08-07, 10:31 PM
Just stay healthy, stay strong and play solid, we'll get there before we know it. Let's go Yankees! :cheer: :gulp:

CallOfTheCrow
06-08-07, 10:32 PM

Last week it was 14.5, I like the way things are shaping up :)

BonusCantos
06-08-07, 10:34 PM
Last week it was 14.5, I like the way things are shaping up :)
There are 4 full weeks left before the ASB. If they can pick up a game a week, they'll be in range for a late run.

nyyfanatic85
06-08-07, 10:42 PM
Just win, and everything else will fall into place!

CallOfTheCrow
06-08-07, 10:44 PM
10.5 behind the BoSox
5.5 behind Detroit.

It's looking pretty good compared to a couple weeks ago.

BonusCantos
06-08-07, 10:55 PM
10.5 behind the BoSox
5.5 behind Detroit.

It's looking pretty good compared to a couple weeks ago. I think it's pretty much settled now that the Yanks have turned it around. 4 straight and 7 out of 9 with a heavily favorable matchup on Saturday and as good a chance as any on Sunday.

2 or so weeks ago, had Melky made a play like that out in CF to break the tie, the Yanks would have mailed it in and it would have been another one of those unbelievable meltdown losses. This was a gutsy comeback.

"Summer of excitement" it is.

pWi
06-08-07, 11:06 PM
2 or so weeks ago, had Melky made a play like that out in CF to break the tie, the Yanks would have mailed it in and it would have been another one of those unbelievable meltdown losses.
that would've been a devestating loss for us, whether it was 2 weeks ago or tonight..everybody's really picking eachother up lately and tonight is no exception

BonusCantos
06-08-07, 11:07 PM
that would've been a devestating loss for us, whether it was 2 weeks ago or tonight..everybody's really picking eachother up lately and tonight is no exception
I read it on another board, and it says it best: "Right now, the Yanks are finding ways to win games instead of ways to lose them." That's how we know they've turned it around.

FingersCrossed
06-08-07, 11:20 PM
The recent power surge from our bats is the biggest difference. Abreu is the poster boy for that. We're not doing too shabby now. But it'd be exciting as hell to watch our bats gear up to 'Murder's Row and Cano' speed. Well, guess we're slowly getting there. :clapping:

NYDCYankee
06-09-07, 03:17 PM
Mets up 1-0.

Let's Go Mets!

Janttje
06-09-07, 03:26 PM
Detroit is already 3-1 up..

BonusCantos
06-09-07, 03:32 PM
The Yanks are cranking now. That GB number will keep dropping soon enough.

Add: For the moment, the Yankees are in solo 2nd place.

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 04:29 PM
Mets just tied it up at 3-3 with a 2 out Jose Reyes single, scoring LoDuca & Ledee

CanoForPresident
06-09-07, 04:31 PM
Mets just tied it up at 3-3 with a 2 out Jose Reyes single, scoring LoDuca & Ledee

Thats the first meaningful hit Reyes has gotten since April.

With that said, I hope he rakes in this series

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 04:31 PM
lol Reyes just got picked off at first.....inning over

3-3 after 4.5

Pudge singles, 5-3 Detroit. Thanks Mets, the one time I'll ever cheer for you........

hellonewman
06-09-07, 05:05 PM
Looks like Guillermo Mota's 2006 success can now safely be attributed to Roids. 8-3 Detroit and Tigers looking for more. :(

keg411
06-09-07, 05:05 PM
lol Reyes just got picked off at first.....inning over

3-3 after 4.5

Pudge singles, 5-3 Detroit. Thanks Mets, the one time I'll ever cheer for you........

Oliver Perez is horrible. Guillermo Mota is horrible. I seriously hate the Mets -- they always suck in interleague -- like when they got swept by the Red Sox last year :mad:.

Pagliarulo Era
06-09-07, 05:25 PM
Something to watch, PECOTA has us as the team most likely to win the Wild Card with a 22.8% chance. Better than it was a couple of weeks ago, the 4% chance of winning the division is sobering, but we know stranger things have happened.

THEBOSS84
06-09-07, 05:28 PM
Something to watch, PECOTA has us as the team most likely to win the Wild Card with a 22.8% chance. Better than it was a couple of weeks ago, the 4% chance of winning the division is sobering, but we know stranger things have happened.

I find it pretty ineresting that they picked a team that's 5.5 out, and has 5-6 teams ahead of them as the likely WC winner....I'll take it.

Tigers lead cut to 8-6...Mets still batting in 7th

Pagliarulo Era
06-09-07, 05:43 PM
I find it pretty ineresting that they picked a team that's 5.5 out, and has 5-6 teams ahead of them as the likely WC winner....I'll take it.

Tigers lead cut to 8-6...Mets still batting in 7th

PECOTA takes into account the talent on the rosters, etc. They feel we have the talent equivelant to account for a slight statistical advantage over Detroit, despite the deficit right now.

CanoForPresident
06-09-07, 06:07 PM
Wright homered to pull the mets within 1.

8-7 tigers with 1 on 2 out in the top of the 8th.

ajra21
06-09-07, 06:38 PM
If the yankees can just keep winning series, they will be there at the end.

well said. if we consistently win series, then we can look division not just wildcard.

dont_ya_know24
06-09-07, 07:18 PM

Bugg
06-09-07, 07:56 PM
Just win, and everything else will fall into place! True.

Carlos Delgado-stealing money-and hitting the drive thruS all over Queens.

THANKS FOR NUTHIN' MUTTS.

THEBOSS84
06-09-07, 08:05 PM
Basically we just have to root for the NL to win every single game in the next week or so...it's that simple.

BonusCantos
06-09-07, 08:06 PM
I personally won't care about the WC unless it's the second half and the division is a longshot. Even for those who do care, the Yanks lost no ground there today, so it's not a big deal. The Mets losing works for me just fine.

Owings v. Tavarez in Phoenix starting at 9:40pm.

BonusCantos
06-09-07, 08:56 PM
The Rockies have defeated the Orioles; the Yankees are now in 2nd place by themselves.

THEBOSS84
06-09-07, 10:03 PM
Bosox down 3-0 to Micah Owings and the Dbags in the 5th.

TheYankee
06-09-07, 10:17 PM
Bosox down 3-0 to Micah Owings and the Dbags in the 5th.Owings continues to impress me... I picked him up on my fantasy team a couple weeks back.. he's worked out well for me so far.

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 10:38 PM
Owings gives up a 2R HR to Varitek.

3-2 in the bottom of the 6

TheYankee
06-09-07, 10:44 PM
Owings gives up a 2R HR to Varitek.

3-2 in the bottom of the 6Come on D-backs, hold on!

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 10:48 PM
ugh Mini Me Ks but reaches 1st on a wild pitch

Ssacco08
06-09-07, 10:53 PM
Out of the inning.

Big Game Andy
06-09-07, 10:54 PM
That was the clutchest groundout ever by Ortiz.

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 11:06 PM
-edit-

Tied at 3 after 7.5 innings

those dbacks continue to screw us......

Big Game Andy
06-09-07, 11:34 PM
Okajima is pitching so far over his head it's disgusting.

SuperMariano42
06-09-07, 11:37 PM
Okajima is pitching so far over his head it's disgusting.

yea I really think he is too... but give mlb players some time to adjust to him and he will be in for a rude awakening I believe.
<!-- / message --><!-- Sig Was Here -->

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 11:38 PM
im having 0 faith in 'Zona

hellonewman
06-09-07, 11:39 PM
im having 0 faith in 'ZonaWatch those pink turkeys come into YS this week and fight like wildcats. :mad:

SuperMariano42
06-09-07, 11:41 PM
Have faith guys, for the red sox to come back and tie this only to lose it say in extra innings in dramatic fasion would be another really tough loss for them. Them coming back to tie this game could end up being a real blessing in disquise...

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 11:42 PM
god i cant stand hideki okiedokie

surge511
06-09-07, 11:43 PM
I hope the Dbacks can put it away right here in the 9th.

Big Game Andy
06-09-07, 11:45 PM
Can't wait until the Theo Epstein bullpen gets exposed in late summer like it always does.

Mark19
06-09-07, 11:45 PM
I feel like the D-Backs are due for a huge correction. The pitching has been great but the lineup is largely streaky kids with limited discipline.

conkermaniac
06-09-07, 11:47 PM
I feel like the D-Backs are due for a huge correction. The pitching has been great but the lineup is largely streaky kids with limited discipline.
It amazes me how bad you can be and still have a 36-26 record in the NL.

CallOfTheCrow
06-09-07, 11:48 PM
2IP, K for Okiedokie.

Im really sick of this guy

TheYankee
06-09-07, 11:50 PM
Can't wait until the Theo Epstein bullpen gets exposed in late summer like it always does.If Okajima and Papelbon continue acting like Rivera-Wetteland or Gordon-Rivera, it will continue to do well. The middle relievers will probably come down to earth a bit, but as we've seen tonight, Okajima can go more than one inning, and be plenty effective.

BonusCantos
06-09-07, 11:50 PM
Hopefully that correction can wait until next week.

TheYankee
06-09-07, 11:51 PM
2IP, K for Okiedokie.

Im really sick of this guyI hear ya... he's been huge for Boston... great pitcher to this point, and it aggravates me.

Jace
06-09-07, 11:52 PM

Yeah, huge credit to their pitching, etc etc, but having checked on them for the first time this season, their lineup is pretty bad for a winning team. They have 1 real good hitter in Byrnes and one above average one in Hudson

SuperMariano42
does ortiz have something to say to the umpires about every strike call he has on him? You always hear what a nice guy he supposedly is, but after watching him give so much attitude towards umpires on balls and strikes calls it makes you wonder how nice he really is.

Big Game Andy
If Okajima and Papelbon continue acting like Rivera-Wetteland or Gordon-Rivera, it will continue to do well. The middle relievers will probably come down to earth a bit, but as we've seen tonight, Okajima can go more than one inning, and be plenty effective.

Okajima isn't going to keep this up. I expect a big-time correction later in the year.

Mark19
06-09-07, 11:53 PM
If Okajima and Papelbon continue acting like Rivera-Wetteland or Gordon-Rivera, it will continue to do well. The middle relievers will probably come down to earth a bit, but as we've seen tonight, Okajima can go more than one inning, and be plenty effective.

Well, part of that is having the luxury of facing kids fresh out of AAA. Experience helps you against gimicky pitchers.

SuperMariano42
06-09-07, 11:54 PM
Okajima isn't going to keep this up. I expect a big-time correction later in the year.

as do I. I feel as if it's only a matter of time.

SuperMariano42
06-09-07, 11:55 PM
oh man that was strike 3!!! ugggg

Big Game Andy
06-09-07, 11:56 PM
These announcers are awful... awful.

BonusCantos
Looking good for Boston.

SuperMariano42
I think im gonna be sick.... would JD Drew plz hurry up and go on the DL for the rest of the season and quit delaying the inevitable

conkermaniac
06-09-07, 11:57 PM
I don't. Didn't we wait forever last year for Papelbon to fall? He never did. I think Okajima has good stuff. He has no fastball, but his excellent change and curveball more than make up for that.

CallOfTheCrow
thanks for nothing, arizona. Again.

Mark19
It truly is astonishing what a terrible team Arizona is. They let a game slip away in extra innings without using their closer.

Jace
This game was probably over after Boston tied it due to the extreme inexperience of Arizona's lineup versus Boston's good relief pitching. I would say something like 70-30 Boston after they tied the score

TheYankee
Ugh... well unless a miracle occurs, Boston has this one... that's alright, I'm in too good of a mood to have it ruined by a Boston win. Our Yanks are playing to well to dwell on one game in June :)

BonusCantos
06-09-07, 11:58 PM
I hope the Yankees get to face the current pitcher next week. He looks horrible.

Big Game Andy
This is the biggest chokejob I have ever seen by a closer.

conkermaniac
It truly is astonishing what a terrible team Arizona is. They let a game slip away in extra innings without using their closer.
Really? I thought Lyon was their closer.

CallOfTheCrow

hes not their closer

SuperMariano42
06-09-07, 11:59 PM
The diamondbacks could use El Duque right about now...

Mark19

Jose Valverde is their closer.

YASS
Cruz isn't their closer.

CallOfTheCrow

Its Valverde.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:00 AM
Well, part of that is having the luxury of facing kids fresh out of AAA. Experience helps you against gimicky pitchers.Save for one game, Okajima and Papelbon were nearly unhittable by the Yankees... I wouldn't consider the Yankee lineup a bunch of "AAA call-ups."

conkermaniac
06-10-07, 12:01 AM
Its Valverde.
So why is he not in a tie game in extra innings at home?

BonusCantos
Big strikeout, but the Snakes are nowhere near out of the woods yet.

Mark19
Save for one game, Okajima and Papelbon were nearly unhittable by the Yankees... I wouldn't consider the Yankee lineup a bunch of "AAA call-ups."

I was talking about Okajima and AZ today.

CallOfTheCrow
So why is he not in a tie game in extra innings at home?

Don't ask me. I'm not the manager.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:02 AM
I was talking about Okajima and AZ today.I realize that... my point is that it's not just Arizona who has scuffled big time against their bullpen.

conkermaniac
06-10-07, 12:03 AM
Don't ask me. I'm not the manager.

This atrocious managing makes me appreciate Torre all the more. Can't we lend him to teams facing the Red Sox?

Big Game Andy
06-10-07, 12:04 AM
Awful throw

BonusCantos
Red Sox take the lead, probably for good.

Panamaniac42
Nice throw by Carlita Quentin.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:05 AM
This atrocious managing makes me appreciate Torre all the more. Can't we lend him to teams facing the Red Sox?Out of curiosity, how do you know the whole scenario? Perhaps he's pitched too many days in a row... maybe he pitched 2 or more innings the day before... did you do your research? I'm sure there's more to it than the manager simply "forgetting" to put his closer in the game...

Big Game Andy
These Arizona prospects are so ................ing overrated

Mark19
I'm starting to think I could play in the NL West. Arizona is probably couldn't beat Trenton.

Mark19
06-10-07, 12:06 AM
These Arizona prospects are so ................ing overrated

The prospects are good they just have no protection or leadership. The "veterans" are Tony Clark and Eric Byrnes, guys who crashed out of the AL due to general ineptitude.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 12:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7151

Valverde the past few days

ELKS72
I'm starting to think I could play in the NL West. Arizona is probably couldn't beat Trenton.

I'm sure Boston is saying the same about our series vs the Pirates

Jace
They should bring up Upton right now to hit for somebody

sahara
This atrocious managing makes me appreciate Torre all the more. Can't we lend him to teams facing the Red Sox?

Pen management isn't exactly Torre's strong spot either though.

hellonewman
06-10-07, 12:08 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you know the whole scenario? Perhaps he's pitched too many days in a row... maybe he pitched 2 or more innings the day before... did you do your research? I'm sure there's more to it than the manager simply "forgetting" to put his closer in the game...He pitched an inning June 3, got 2 days off, pitched 1 inning back-to-back days June 6-7, and had yesterday off.

I would think he was available today. :dunno:

SuperMariano42
06-10-07, 12:08 AM
I sense an Eric Byrnes double to start off the bottom of the tenth off papelbon.

conkermaniac
06-10-07, 12:09 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you know the whole scenario? Perhaps he's pitched too many days in a row... maybe he pitched 2 or more innings the day before... did you do your research? I'm sure there's more to it than the manager simply "forgetting" to put his closer in the game...
I did do my research before making that post. He's pitched 3 times in the past 6 days, and last pitched 2 days ago. He did blow a save his last time out, but that would be more of a reason to put him in, and let him get his confidence back.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:10 AM
He pitched an inning June 3, got 2 days off, pitched 1 inning back-to-back days June 6-7, and had yesterday off.

I would think he was available today. :dunno:Still, do you think he just forgot to put his closer in? I doubt it...

Mark19
I sense an Eric Byrnes double to start off the bottom of the tenth off papelbon.

Byrnes has less plate discipline than Cano. I doubt he'd know what to do.

conkermaniac
Pen management isn't exactly Torre's strong spot either though.
He has never hesitated to use Mo in a tie game at home.

Big Game Andy
Atleast the heart of the lineup is coming up, but i use that term figurativelly, because their lineup just plain sucks

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:11 AM
I did do my research before making that post. He's pitched 3 times in the past 6 days, and last pitched 2 days ago. He did blow a save his last time out, but that would be more of a reason to put him in, and let him get his confidence back.Fair enough... still, as I posted above, don't you think there's probably a reason for it? I think it's fair to assume he didn't just forget to put Valverde in the game... must be a reason behind it...

CallOfTheCrow
Just make it quick & painless, Paps.

SuperMariano42
I did do my research before making that post. He's pitched 3 times in the past 6 days, and last pitched 2 days ago. He did blow a save his last time out, but that would be more of a reason to put him in, and let him get his confidence back.

The Red Sox might not be the best team to try and get your closers confidence back against...

SuperMariano42
06-10-07, 12:12 AM
Paps hasn't pitched in awhile... hopefully he's rusty

Mark19
06-10-07, 12:12 AM
The Red Sox might not be the best team to try and get your closers confidence back against...

Juan Cruz made Farnsworth look efficient.

Panamaniac42
06-10-07, 12:13 AM
Ok Schilling shut up.

hellonewman
Still, do you think he just forgot to put his closer in? I doubt it...You suggested he might be overworked. The evidence appears to show otherwise.

"Forget" to put him in? No. Make a bad decision? Yes.

SuperMariano42
maybe Arods homer will have a lasting effect on Papelbon? Wishful thinking, I know.

DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK
06-10-07, 12:14 AM
They should bring up Upton right now to hit for somebody

I think he already told his manager he was afraid to face Papelbon because of the way he stares in there.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:14 AM
You suggested he might be overworked. The evidence appears to show otherwise.

"Forget" to put him in? No. Make a bad decision? Yes.I suggested there might be a reason for not putting him in, and provided examples... what manager even at the high school level doesn't use his closer at home when entering extras?

Big Game Andy
06-10-07, 12:16 AM
Brynes better make this up to us after making us listen to his stupid Fox segments

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 12:17 AM
Brynes better make this up to us after making us listen to his stupid Fox segments

Naturally....he does not.

hellonewman
06-10-07, 12:18 AM
what manager even at the high school level doesn't use his closer at home when entering extras?Bob Melvin?

Panamaniac42
06-10-07, 12:19 AM
I think he already told his manager he was afraid to face Papelbon because of the way he stares in there.

http://nomaas.org/images/papsmear.jpg

Big Game Andy
06-10-07, 12:19 AM
Papelbon got away with that pitch

Ssacco08
06-10-07, 12:20 AM
Let's go Orlando! How about a walk-off?

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:21 AM
Bob Melvin?I think you understand my point... he's not dumb enough to be "saving him" for later in the game... it just doesn't make sense. There is certainly a reason behind it... let's leave it at that, shall we?

DISCLAIMER: If he for some ungodly reason enters the game in further extra innings (should we get that far), I'd suddenly be in your camp...

SuperMariano42
06-10-07, 12:22 AM
they're taking some healthy cuts

Ssacco08
06-10-07, 12:24 AM
Oy. All up to Conor Jackson.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 12:24 AM
I see this game as some advance scouting of the DBacks -- I see no reason why a red-hot Yankee team can't take a series from these schmos.

hellonewman
06-10-07, 12:25 AM
I think you understand my point... he's not dumb enough to be "saving him" for later in the game... it just doesn't make sense. There is certainly a reason behind it... let's leave it at that, shall we?

DISCLAIMER: If he for some ungodly reason enters the game in further extra innings (should we get that far), I'd suddenly be in your camp...Fine, all I did was point out that the scenarios you brought up (too many days in a row, multiple innings the day before) didn't happen. You interjected the "forget" issue, not me.

I'm sure he has a reason. In the absence of knowing what it is, I'm not convinced it was a good one. On the surface (all we have to go on) it sure doesn't look good.

SuperMariano42
06-10-07, 12:25 AM
just need a single...

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:26 AM
Hey, hey Conor, way to keep it going...

Ssacco08
Mark Reynolds. How about a hit?

JDPNYY
I feel an extra special wecial super duper stare coming up.

TheYankee
Fine, all I did was point out that the scenarios you brought up (too many days in a row, multiple innings the day before) didn't happen. You interjected the "forget" issue, not me.

I'm sure he has a reason. In the absence of knowing what it is, I'm not convinced it was a good one. On the surface (all we have to go on) it sure doesn't look good.Fair enough... but if he didn't "forget," what other reason would there be?

hellonewman
06-10-07, 12:27 AM
Fair enough... but if he didn't "forget," what other reason would there be?Search me. Hopefully, the Kim Jones of Phoenix will ask him. :)

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:27 AM
I feel an extra special wecial super duper stare coming up.Oh noessss!!11!! Please don't be scaredz Mark Reynolds!11!

Ssacco08
06-10-07, 12:28 AM
Well, that's that. Ugh!

Panamaniac42
son of a bitch

JDPNYY
Super 24 pitch save.

Ssacco08
I strongly, strongly dislike Papelbon.

TheYankee
Ugh, bummer... alrighty, I'm off to bed... night all.

CallOfTheCrow
way to come through guys. You didn't choke at all.

Big Game Andy
06-10-07, 12:30 AM
Did Papelbon have his usual seizure? I missed it.

TheYankee
06-10-07, 12:30 AM
Search me. Hopefully, the Kim Jones of Phoenix will ask him. :)If you happen to run across the reason sometime, shoot me a PM, I'd be interested to see what Melvin ends up saying...

hellonewman
06-10-07, 12:31 AM
So to recap the day, we passed Baltimore in the AL East and tied Minnesota on the wild-card ladder. That'll have to do as far as progress goes.

Looks like the AL is commencing its ritual backside-kicking of the NL again. 10-4 today.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 12:31 AM
I wouldnt mind this loss as much if they didnt blow a 3-0 lead in the 6th

Panamaniac42
06-10-07, 12:34 AM
So to recap the day, we passed Baltimore in the AL East and tied Minnesota on the wild-card ladder. That'll have to do as far as progress goes.

I'll take it. Just gotta keep choppin.

stupidpunchline
06-10-07, 12:36 AM
In the last week the Yanks have passed Chicago, Baltimore, and Toronto to tie Minnesota for 4th in the Wild Card, just 5.5 games back (5 in the AILC).

Orel Hershiser, Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjian... you can !%$! a %*!($ blood-engorged %(!*$ !%*!$@ **%&!$ if you think 3 teams is too many teams to pass with 100 games to go.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 12:40 AM
I guess that "correction" Mark was talking about is coming up fast. I just get the feeling that the Snakes are about to go into a tailspin. Good news for Boston, and probably good news for the Yankees, as the Bronx Bombers are next on the menu.

Both the Yankees and Red Sox will go for the sweep on Sunday.

Janttje
06-10-07, 12:22 PM
Mets 3-0 up at Detroit

Janttje
06-10-07, 03:29 PM
Mets are getting smashed by Detroit.. 21 hits already for Detroit

jeterismyhomeboy
06-10-07, 03:49 PM
This is one of the few times I will actively root for Randy Johnson.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 04:02 PM
The Yankees win their 6th straight game and 9 out of their last 11, putting the pressure on Boston to sweep Arizona with Matsuzaka on the mound or have the lead fall back into the single digits.

Boston, like the Yankees, will have an off-day on Monday.

dewey
06-10-07, 04:18 PM
Haha, Dice K just had his first MLB at-bat. Hilarious. Randy with another K.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 04:30 PM
Arizona Randy = Good
New York Randy = Bleh

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 04:40 PM
someone knock Byrnes in now. Please?

-edit-

ugh thank god for these superduper wunderkind 'Zona prospects.....

jeterismyhomeboy
06-10-07, 04:44 PM
I'm just glad the bid for the no-hitter is finished now.

How is it that Randy can rock so hard after leaving New York?

I'm not upset that we traded him because apparently, no matter what happened, he wasn't going to cut it in New York, but I'm bitter watching him now and seeing him kick ass and take names.

Metroidman
06-10-07, 04:45 PM
I'm just glad the bid for the no-hitter is finished now.

How is it that Randy can rock so hard after leaving New York?

I'm not upset that we traded him because apparently, no matter what happened, he wasn't going to cut it in New York, but I'm bitter watching him now and seeing him kick ass and take names.

Dude its the NL

Chacon had a 3.5 something ERA before we faced him

NYIndian2005
06-10-07, 04:46 PM
We win 3 straight games and we gain what 1 game in the wildcard? hmm. Detroit, Minnesota and Boston are matching us.

Jace
06-10-07, 04:47 PM
ugh thank god for these superduper wunderkind 'Zona prospects.....

Honestly, they must be really disappointed with how its going for them down in Arizona. Out of Steven Drew, Carlos Quentin, Chris Young, and Conor Jackson (all top 15 talent, its almost a 9-planets-in-alignment type deal with all those great prospects debuting at once) not a single one has hit the ground running at all. Except for Jackson (and he's a 1b so most of his value is negated) they all have been .700 or less OPS guys so far

NYIndian2005
06-10-07, 04:48 PM
Randy always pitched well against Boston. Even when he was with NY.

jeterismyhomeboy
06-10-07, 04:52 PM
We win 3 straight games and we gain what 1 game in the wildcard? hmm. Detroit, Minnesota and Boston are matching us.

They are also playing NL teams. The Mets got taken to school today by Detroit, and Minnesota is behind us, but they're playing the freaking Nationals.

Seattle is losing right now, and they're ahead of us, and there's no score in the Battle of the Bay, with Oakland, who is also ahead of us.

On another note, I hate Mike Lowell.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 04:53 PM
1-0 Boston

& the mighty Dice-K strikes out, inning over.

Metroidman
06-10-07, 04:59 PM
I should also mention Randy's thrown 80 pitches through 4

Yea he's not AL quality

YankeePride1967
06-10-07, 05:00 PM
I do not regret trading Randy. Now the return for him? Who knows if we could have gotten more.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:01 PM
leadoff walk to Orlando Hudson

YASS
06-10-07, 05:06 PM
I do not regret trading Randy. Now the return for him? Who knows if we could have gotten more.

Getting rid of most of his contract wasn't enough?

He had a no trade clause, yet asked to be traded.
The Yankees neither wanted nor needed him at the price they agreed to pay him.
Arizona extended him to help the deal go through and the Yankees paid only $2M of his '07 salary.
Yankees got some measure of quality in return.

Sounds like the trade of the century to me. Arizona bent way over for you guys.

nhyankeefan
06-10-07, 05:08 PM
Getting rid of most of his contract wasn't enough?

He had a no trade clause, yet asked to be traded.
The Yankees neither wanted nor needed him at the price they agreed to pay him.
Arizona extended him to help the deal go through and the Yankees paid only $2M of his '07 salary.
Yankees got some measure of quality in return.

Sounds like the trade of the century to me. Arizona bent way over for you guys.

Plus we couldn't have gotten Roger if he were still on the team.

Matzusucka is getting a little wild right now. Is this going to be one of those innings for him?

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:10 PM

Matzusucka is getting a little wild right now. Is this going to be one of those innings for him?

Im betting he strikes out Drew then Quentin

BonusCantos
Tie game in the Desert.

CallOfTheCrow
it feels good to be wrong.

YASS
06-10-07, 05:11 PM

I am unfamiliar with this "Matzusucka" fellow. Who does he pitch for?

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:12 PM
E-5 on Lowell loads them with 1 out, but the pitcher's spot is lurking.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:12 PM
gold glove Lowell with a fielding error, bases juiced 1 out

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:15 PM
Matsuzaka got away with a couple of meatballs in that AB.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:16 PM
well, Snyder is a .220 hitter

-edit-
Johnson Ks. thanks for the tease, DBacks. At least its tied.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:18 PM
Top 5, Sox & Snakes tied at 1.

80 pitches for the Unit, 74 for Matsuzaka thru 4.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:19 PM
I wonder if pitching Dice-K 100 pitches+ an outing is going to come back & bite them in the ass. I mean yeah hes done it many times before in japan but its just not natural.

nyyterp
06-10-07, 05:22 PM
well, Snyder is a .220 hitter

-edit-
Johnson Ks. thanks for the tease, DBacks. At least its tied.
i just found this thread while trolling. good idea.

everyone who says NL has more strategy collectively ignores absolutely anti-climactic spots like these, when a pitcher basically kills a rally. also, puting a batter in for 1 AB, is not strategy. it's basically a DH, who only gets to bat once. LAME!

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:27 PM
Manny was a Jays fan growing up. Did not know that.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:30 PM
Manny Ks, still tied after 4.5

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:31 PM
Unit: 9 K's in 5 IP.

nhyankeefan
06-10-07, 05:32 PM
Manny throws a hissy fit after striking out. Big K for RJ there, at most he only has one inning left at this point.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:33 PM
Actually, it appears the Snakes got away with one there. Manny foul tipped it and it hit the dirt.

CallOfTheCrow
well its about time Boston is the victim for once

nhyankeefan
Actually, it appears the Snakes got away with one there. Manny foul tipped it and it hit the dirt.

I've seen the replay several times, didn't look like a foul tip to me.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:34 PM
I've seen the replay several times, didn't look like a foul tip to me.
Nor me, but apparently the DBacks announcers saw something that I didn't.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:34 PM
leadoff single for Byrnes

nhyankeefan
06-10-07, 05:38 PM
Nor me, but apparently the DBacks announcers saw something that I didn't.

It hit the ground before the catcher caught it, but it wasn't a foul tip. Manny could have run to first, but he was too busy throwing his bat and helmet.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:39 PM
Hudson brainlocks on strike 3.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:40 PM
I have absolutely 0 faith in 'Zona. They love screwing the Yanks up.

Yes, it's sarcasm for those that don't catch on :P

-edit-

Byrnes steals 2nd, advances to 3rd on Varitek's throwing error but Chad Tracy Ks so who cares right? Inning over, still tied.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:48 PM
Matsuzaka's probably got one more inning left in him.

Randy starts the 6th at 100+ pitches.

CallOfTheCrow
06-10-07, 05:49 PM
Randy's doing his thing, just not getting any offensive help here......

Great outing from RJ, wake up bats!

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 05:59 PM
Leadoff walk might get Boston's pen going.

nhyankeefan
06-10-07, 06:02 PM
Leadoff walk might get Boston's pen going.

Considering he threw 130 pitches last time and has already thrown 100+ I'm surprised the pen's not up already.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 06:03 PM
Arizona takes a 2-1 lead on an RBI double.

He's cooked I'd say.

BonusCantos
06-10-07, 06:13 PM
He gutted out 6 innings at appx. 120 pitches.