PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

BigCheese
07-17-07, 10:02 PM
Does anybody hear that sound? That's the sound of Boston getting ready to crap their pants. :D

Let's not get too excited... we closed it down to 7 before, but...

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:02 PM
It's not a race quite yet. Get it down to 5 or 6 games and then we'll have some real fun.

Agreed, we still have a little work to do to make it close, but I think we all should be excited that its still a race, and this might be the most exciting few months of baseball we have seen in a long time.

sweet_lou_14
07-17-07, 10:04 PM
Agreed, we still have a little work to do to make it close, but I think we all should be excited that its still a race, and this might be the most exciting few months of baseball we have seen in a long time.

That's how I felt down the stretch each of the last two years. 2005 was the tighter race but 2006 featured the Massacre Part II.

The Yankees have really disappointed the past few postseasons, but we've been treated to some spectacular regular-seasons. This one has a chance to be great too.

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:06 PM
That's how I felt down the stretch each of the last two years. 2005 was the tighter race but 2006 featured the Massacre Part II.

The Yankees have really disappointed the past few postseasons, but we've been treated to some spectacular regular-seasons. This one has a chance to be great too.

If they pull it off and make the playoffs, they would be that hot team who comes storming into the playoffs. Thats what they haven't been the past few years, now that they are battling to make it, that sense of entitlement and inevitibility is gone and they might actually play with some fire and passion.

Yankee Steve
07-17-07, 10:11 PM
The Chisox just brought in a guy with an ERA of 10.25 to pitch the 10th vs. the Indians...

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:12 PM
The Chisox just brought in a guy with an ERA of 10.25 to pitch the 10th vs. the Indians...

And we Yankee fans think we have it bad??? Thats how spoiled we are lol.

Kluivert4Ever
07-17-07, 10:16 PM
Stop knocking the 9 ERA guy for Chicago, he helped us out big just now:)

themgmt
07-17-07, 10:16 PM
he's getting the job done though. the white sox already did what they need to by not getting swept :) if they take this one someone should send the team a nice fruit basket

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:17 PM
he's getting the job done though. the white sox already did what they need to by not getting swept :) if they take this one someone should send the team a nice fruit basket

Can we attach Kyle Farnsworth to the basket, or will they call in the bombsquad to diffuse the ticking timebomb.

knickfan23
07-17-07, 10:21 PM
If they pull it off and make the playoffs, they would be that hot team who comes storming into the playoffs. Thats what they haven't been the past few years, now that they are battling to make it, that sense of entitlement and inevitibility is gone and they might actually play with some fire and passion.

Thats what happened in 2005 and they were worn out by the time they faced the Angels if you are to believe what the Yanks said in spring training the very next spring.

Their really is no exact formula for winning it all. The Tigers were awful the last 50 games and made the Series. And the Cardinals, who won it all, had lost like 8 or 9 in a row before winning the last 2 games to make the playoffs. Its not an exact science. Hot team, cold team. There is no one formula.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-17-07, 10:21 PM
Well the good side of it is if Cleveland keeps winning it will make it harder for the Red Sox to make the playoffs if/when we take over the east.

Sam18
07-17-07, 10:24 PM
Well the good side of it is if Cleveland keeps winning it will make it harder for the Red Sox to make the playoffs if/when we take over the east.

LOL highly unlikely but if it were to happen it'd be absolutely hilarious. It'd be almost as good as winning the WS.

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:26 PM
LOL highly unlikely but if it were to happen it'd be absolutely hilarious. It'd be almost as good as winning the WS.

You got that right, what an amazing turn of events that would be. I would love watching all the experts try and explain that one.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-17-07, 10:26 PM

yea i know, im just trying to turn a potential let down(WS had to screw everything up) into a positive.

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:29 PM
Indians win, death to Garko.

Sam18
07-17-07, 10:30 PM
Nooooooo!!!

themgmt
07-17-07, 10:43 PM
garko AGAIN, wins the game. thats two games in the last 4 that the indians most likely should have lost if they were up against decent pitching.

Cleveland wins 6-5.

keg411
07-17-07, 10:52 PM
Jay Gibbons just homered off of King Felix. O's lead 3-2. So hopefully we'll make up ground... somewhere.

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 10:55 PM
Jay Gibbons just homered off of King Felix. O's lead 3-2. So hopefully we'll make up ground... somewhere.

Hopefully, but today was a great day, we won in spite of Farns, we came back and won again, we won a 1 run game, and best of all the Red Sox lost.

YankeePride1967
07-17-07, 10:57 PM
Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

sweet_lou_14
07-17-07, 11:00 PM
Indians win, death to Garko.

Look at it this way: The Indians are only one game behind the Red Sox.

If the Yankees win the East, you'll be happy the Indians won tonight, as it might help knock Boston out of the playoffs entirely. :)

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 11:01 PM
Look at it this way: The Indians are only one game behind the Red Sox.

If the Yankees win the East, you'll be happy the Indians won tonight, as it might help knock Boston out of the playoffs entirely. :)

I just want the Yankees to make the playoffs, as far as im concerned if every other team could just lose on a daily basis I would be happy.

parkerstrong
07-17-07, 11:13 PM
Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

I completely agree. The Yankees control their own destiny.

BTW, I have Betancourt on my fantasy team. Nice for him to pitch a perfect inning and get the W, but I would rather the Indians lose.

cgrody
07-17-07, 11:27 PM
It's go time boys. Scoreboard watching all day and night long. 8 games back, 7 in the loss column is huge. Ortiz out very soon with torn labia. It's all over for Boston, their inevitable and predictable annual August collapse is imminent. The magic is there with Melky and Andy, the leadership is there with Jeter and Jorge. The strength and brute force is there with Arod and now Matsui. I hope we never see Giambi again. Andy with a clear head and only baseball on the brain will only result in a reliable situational hitter with a quick glovep. Keep Giambi away from the stadium, keep Mienk on the bench for a defensive replacement in the 8th.

We were playing to NOT lose, now we're playing to win and we're playing to win the division. No more of this wild card crap fellas.

Sam18
07-17-07, 11:32 PM
It's go time boys. Scoreboard watching all day and night long. 8 games back, 7 in the loss column is huge. Ortiz out very soon with torn labia. It's all over for Boston, their inevitable and predictable annual August collapse is imminent. The magic is there with Melky and Andy, the leadership is there with Jeter and Jorge. The strength and brute force is there with Arod and now Matsui. I hope we never see Giambi again. Andy with a clear head and only baseball on the brain will only result in a reliable situational hitter with a quick glovep. Keep Giambi away from the stadium, keep Mienk on the bench for a defensive replacement in the 8th.

We were playing to NOT lose, now we're playing to win and we're playing to win the division. No more of this wild card crap fellas.

Someone is gonna quote this post on our next loss and say mean mean things. :(

JeterForPresident
07-17-07, 11:36 PM

We definitely need someone with a quick glovep, its a very important piece of a successful ball club.

Kidding aside, I admire your optimism and I hope you are right about the Sox collapse, however, while we are 1 or 2 games away from making things very very interesting, we are also 1 or 2 games away from being 9 or 10 games out again, things can swing both ways, and nothing is certain, it truly aint over til its over.

Num2MVP
07-18-07, 12:59 AM
"If the Yankees win the East, you'll be happy the Indians won tonight, as it might help knock Boston out of the playoffs entirely."

There be the swagger I know and love.

Centerhero
07-18-07, 01:48 AM
The Chisox just brought in a guy with an ERA of 10.25 to pitch the 10th vs. the Indians...That's akin to asking Farnsy to shut down the opposing team in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and nobody out! It could happen...;)

NYDCYankee
07-18-07, 04:54 AM
One thing that I think is of note is that the only losses the Yankees have had over the last little streak was to Kazmir, J Santana and John Lackey.

So it is nice to see the Yankees taking care of business against the non aces.

knickfan23
07-18-07, 08:18 AM
We definitely need someone with a quick glovep, its a very important piece of a successful ball club.

Kidding aside, I admire your optimism and I hope you are right about the Sox collapse, however, while we are 1 or 2 games away from making things very very interesting, we are also 1 or 2 games away from being 9 or 10 games out again, things can swing both ways, and nothing is certain, it truly aint over til its over.

That's why my target number to shoot for by the end of the month is 5-6 games. Once its at that number, then its "go time". Anything to steer clear of the 9 or 10 game out number. I'm still not too comfortable with this 8 number.

Good job though by KC getting in a game there at Fenway. I wouldnt be suprised if they won tonight. They actually have some guys who can hit. I didnt know their payroll was 70 million from what I saw in the Globe.

BonusCantos
07-18-07, 10:08 AM
The Yankees are 26-15 (not including the suspended BAL game) since the "HA!" game. Boston is 20-22 over their last 42, dispelling the false notion that they're an unstoppable machine that is impervious to long strings of mediocrity because of their pitching staff's depth.

Of course, either stretch could turn on a dime and the Yanks could sink, but I'd prefer to think the rise will continue.

I don't expect KC to win tonight. They got their 1 win, and that'll have to do. Yanks need to keep pace.

Janttje
07-18-07, 01:58 PM
Cleveland is losing 5-1 this afternoon.. Bottom 9th 2 outs..

The Dynasty
07-18-07, 02:14 PM
Cleveland is losing 5-1 this afternoon.. Bottom 9th 2 outs..

It's now a final. Time for us to take care of business tonight.

And for Jimmy to "Gobble" up the Sox (corny, I know :dunno: ) :D

NewEraYanks2527
07-18-07, 02:16 PM
And for Jimmy to "Gobble" up the Sox (corny, I know :dunno: ) :D

I can hear the crickets. :P

gregzzy22
07-18-07, 02:21 PM
Man I wish the Cleveland lost yesterday. When we left the stadium I was telling everybody how they lost 4-3 (that was the score at the time) so there were probably a few unhappy yankee fans coming home from the game last night to see them win. :lol:

Now yanks gotta do their part tonight

Meecham4ever
07-18-07, 03:16 PM
You got that right, what an amazing turn of events that would be. I would love watching all the experts try and explain that one.

;) I agree, that would be way too cool....but the "experts" picked us at the beginning of the year, and most are talking in fear of the Yanks still..."watch out for the Yankees, you can never count them out, " etc.

CallOfTheCrow
07-18-07, 09:18 PM
Boston loses 6-5 & Minnesota is down 3-2 in the 7th

PYanks
07-18-07, 09:34 PM
Man I wish the Cleveland lost yesterday. When we left the stadium I was telling everybody how they lost 4-3 (that was the score at the time) so there were probably a few unhappy yankee fans coming home from the game last night to see them win. :lol:

Now yanks gotta do their part tonight

They lost today, though!!

nyyfanatic85
07-18-07, 09:38 PM
What a day!! Very productive as both Cleveland and Boston lose. Keep on winnin'!!

sweet_lou_14
07-18-07, 09:38 PM
This thread is just SO much fun right now.

nyyfanatic85
07-18-07, 09:40 PM
The 14 game lead is now down to 7. I'm cautiously optimistic...

BonusCantos
07-18-07, 09:40 PM
6 back in the loss column in the AL East. This division is still in play, folks.

nyyfanatic85
07-18-07, 09:41 PM
6 back in the loss column in the AL East. This division is still in play, folks.

Especially with the Red Sox playing huge series with the Indians and Angels. Things could get really interesting in these next couple weeks.

elsupremo2
07-18-07, 09:42 PM
I'm glad nobody jumped off the ledge back in June. This stuff is fun!

CallOfTheCrow
Baltimore 1
Seattle 0

Bottom 2nd

Jay Payton HR

bennyc64
This run is where we must catch up ground, before we hit our brutal stretch in August.

gregzzy22
07-18-07, 09:43 PM
So far so good. Gotta keep it moving.

Sam18
07-18-07, 09:44 PM

Hahaha what? Everyone and their mothers jumped. Hell I jumped.

BonusCantos
07-18-07, 09:45 PM
Especially with the Red Sox playing huge series with the Indians and Angels. Things could get really interesting in these next couple weeks.
This is why it's real stupid for analysts to declare anything "over" even at this stage. Minnesota came back from 12 down around this time of year last season to win the AL Central, and I'm sure they all had them dead and buried. Tim Kurkjian (whom I think is very good) said last week "they're not catching the Red Sox, period," but it's only 6 in the loss column now. I don't think anyone can be too sure.

Kluivert4Ever
07-18-07, 09:46 PM

I can proudly say that I never jumped.:)

Abe Frohman
07-18-07, 09:46 PM
man, i can only imagine... its gonna be great baseball from here on in.

NYYFAN5388
07-18-07, 09:47 PM
keep it goin

elsupremo2
07-18-07, 09:48 PM

I didn't jump, but I honestly didn't think that this run was even possible.

YanksFanTillDeath
07-18-07, 09:51 PM
looking way better... we now have the best record of the year... if we play 750 from here boston is toast...

drjeckyl
07-18-07, 09:51 PM

yup. fighting your way upward is a heck of a lot more fun than being in first place and looking in your rearview mirror.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-18-07, 09:55 PM

I never jumped, but I also admitted things did not look good and that if they didnt turn around(which right now it is looking like they might have) that we might have to consider selling at the deadline.

At this point though I would be extremely dissapointed if we didnt make the playoffs.

JeterRodriguezSheff
07-18-07, 09:56 PM

Six games left against Boston. Hopefully we find a way to at least win both series and pick up 2 there.

BonusCantos
07-18-07, 10:01 PM
OK, so here's my read on the situation:

The Yankees will go for the 4-game sweep of the Jays tomorrow afternoon, and Boston has just lost a series to the Kansas City Royals at Fenway. I thought the Royals would steal a win, but never did I think they'd take the series. BIG gift from the blue team.

Boston's next 8 games honestly aren't that easy. The White Sox just took 2 out of 3 from the WC-leading Indians at the Jake. While I still think a 3 out of 4 Boston win is likely and a split is the best case scenario, I didn't think the Royals would do what they did, either. From there, the Sox go to Cleveland. Should be interesting.

The Yankees, however, will keep playing weak opposition (including those same Royals, who could do unto the Yankees as they did to the Sox). If they run off a nice win streak here, this division will continue to tighten. Of course, Boston would have to keep playing at their current level (.465 ball over the last 43 games) to make it worthwhile.

In Mo I Trust
07-18-07, 10:03 PM
I can proudly say that I never jumped.:)

Same here, but it was getting close. It's still close, you never know with this team.

Kluivert4Ever
07-18-07, 10:08 PM
Just take it one game at a time and see what happens.

NYDCYankee
07-19-07, 05:05 AM
Lots of fun articles up in Bostonland today.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1012205

Messerwhitescooter
07-19-07, 05:53 AM
Hell, they scraped me off the sidewalk with a spatula after the Colorado and San Francisco series.

aeromac76
07-19-07, 07:19 AM
I didn't jump, but I honestly didn't think that this run was even possible.

I jumped, but being a former lifeguard I am one hell of a swimmer, so I am now back!!
:)

The Dynasty
07-19-07, 07:32 AM
Hell, they scraped me off the sidewalk with a spatula after the Colorado and San Francisco series.

Gotta be honest. I never officially jumped because I always thought the WC was still possible if the Yanks ever got on a run, but those 2 series damn near killed me :(

themgmt
07-19-07, 07:35 AM
Exactly my point about the jumping teams thing. 2 days later we are only behind Cleveland and Seattle as i stated was a possibility. A week ago we were behind Cleveland, Seattle, Minnesota, Oakland, and Toronto. Jumping teams is irrelevant and shouldn't be a concern as long as you keep winning.

CallOfTheCrow
07-19-07, 07:01 PM
Detroit completes the sweep of Minnesota today.

CallOfTheCrow
07-19-07, 07:44 PM
Kameron Loe with a 1-2-3 inning for Texas.

C.C. Sabathia takes the hill for Cleveland.

Messerwhitescooter
07-19-07, 08:48 PM
Sox are beating the Sox.

BonusCantos
07-19-07, 09:14 PM
Sox are beating the Sox.
My money's on the Sox.

dont_ya_know24
07-19-07, 09:32 PM
My money's on the Sox.

i don't know, the sox are looking good tonight.

teknetic
07-19-07, 09:38 PM
Dice throws a ton of pitches in the first 5 innings or so it seems.

NYDCYankee
07-19-07, 10:06 PM
White Sox up 3-2, many men on base, not many outs.

BonusCantos
07-19-07, 10:06 PM
And the Sox take the lead! :P

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 10:15 PM
Delcarmen with a 1.20 ERA
Okajima with a 0.79 ERA

:lol: :lol: Can we get some of that magic pixie dust with our relievers? :lol:

This is all setting up for the traditional August swoon by the Beantowners.. :lol:

NYDCYankee
07-19-07, 10:20 PM
Delcarmen with a 1.20 ERA
Okajima with a 0.79 ERA

:lol: :lol: Can we get some of that magic pixie dust with our relievers? :lol:

This is all setting up for the traditional August swoon by the Beantowners.. :lol:

Viz has grabbed a bottle.

Yankswun98
07-19-07, 10:20 PM
White Sox let a golden opportunity go by, with the bases loaded and only 1 out. I think the White Sox might be a key team for the Yanks to make the playoffs. If they can get hot and beat the Tigers and the Tribe down the stretch it will help us out in the wild card. The division is what we want but with our bad start I will take a WC.

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 10:22 PM
Viz has grabbed a bottle.

Viz doesn't have a 1.15 ERA and 0.79 ERA. :lol:

It amazes me how far some of these relievers are performing over their heads. This happens every year with the Sox. And then August comes around and they all come back to Earth.

NYDCYankee
07-19-07, 10:36 PM
I like having this confidence that the Sox don't have the ablity to score any runs and come from behind for a win.

Meecham4ever
07-19-07, 10:38 PM
Viz doesn't have a 1.15 ERA and 0.79 ERA. :lol:

It amazes me how far some of these relievers are performing over their heads. This happens every year with the Sox. And then August comes around and they all come back to Earth.

True, except for "04 when they sucked UNTIL August (and "THE FIGHT") and turned the season aroun d.

But THAT was a miracle, and as we all know, miracles are brief moments of divine intervention.....now things return to the way they're supposed to be.

destiNY
07-19-07, 10:42 PM
I hate scoreboard watching, this is really sad. How do fans of other teams do this every year???? Brutal.

Tabata
07-19-07, 10:54 PM
How close was that from Manny? (I can't see the game)

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 10:57 PM
A lack of clutchicity from the clutchiest franchise in the history of baseball. :lol:

teknetic
07-19-07, 10:59 PM
I hate scoreboard watching, this is really sad. How do fans of other teams do this every year???? Brutal.

Nice change of pace, even better seeing Boston choke this lead away.

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 11:01 PM
Okajima gives up a home run... :lol:

Slowly coming back to Earth.

Tabata
07-19-07, 11:01 PM
Konerko homers!!! Should still be 7 games back after today :)

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:04 PM
Konerko homers!!! Should still be 7 games back after today :)

Guys, you must not know our bullpen real well. We're going to need about 10 more to make sure we have this one.

Just to give you a reason to be worried: we're 3-4 on our current 11-game roadtrip; with a better bullpen we would be 6-1.

Tabata
07-19-07, 11:05 PM
Guys, you must not know our bullpen real well. We're going to need about 10 more to make sure we have this one.

Not the way the Sox are playing right now. :D

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:07 PM
Not the way the Sox are playing right now. :D

Believe me, everyone has a chance to come back against this bullpen. It may be one of the worst ever. It's definitely the worst I've seen...it's hard to watch.

As a matter of fact, this bullpen may be just what the Red Sox need to get going again.

NZ NYY Fan
07-19-07, 11:08 PM
Am loving scoreboard watching. Its easy once we win for the day however

Tabata
07-19-07, 11:13 PM
Believe me, everyone has a chance to come back against this bullpen. It may be one of the worst ever. It's definitely the worst I've seen...it's hard to watch.

As a matter of fact, this bullpen may be just what the Red Sox need to get going again.

Not after that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got this W. Now go and get another one tomorrow! :D

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 11:14 PM

Take out the garbage for us. :gulp:

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:17 PM
Not after that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got this W. Now go and get another one tomorrow! :D

It ain't over till it's over.

Contreras is on the mound tomorrow...you guys need to win, because I don't think we will.

Tabata
07-19-07, 11:23 PM
Some of them are starting to crack over at SOSH.

I don't want to be over there if the lead gets down to 3 or 4 games :eek: :lol:

BonusCantos
07-19-07, 11:27 PM
Looks like the Pale Hose are going to cut the Yankees a break tonight.

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:27 PM
Paulie just got a hanger...damn.

DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK
07-19-07, 11:28 PM
Why do you call it "scoreboard watching?" Do you guys have MLB.com? I call it MLB watching although about the only two teams I watch are the Yankees and the Red Sox.

I like the Red Sox announcing crew, more than just about any other team except the Yankees. So with the Yankees loss today, I'm hoping Bobby Jenks can hold the Red Sox off in the 9th. Here we go .........................

TheYankee
07-19-07, 11:29 PM
Some of them are starting to crack over at SOSH.

I don't want to be over there if the lead gets down to 3 or 4 games :eek: :lol:Funny. If they don't feel confident with a 7 game lead, when will they ever feel confident?

Big Game Andy
07-19-07, 11:30 PM
Funny. If they don't feel confident with a 7 game lead, when will they ever feel confident?

They've been bullied around by the Yankees their entire existence (save one year), what do you expect? :lol:

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:30 PM
Why do you call it "scoreboard watching?" Do you guys have MLB.com? I call it MLB watching although about the only two teams I watch are the Yankees and the Red Sox.

I like the Red Sox announcing crew, more than just about any other team except the Yankees. So with the Yankees loss today, I'm hoping Bobby Jenks can hold the Red Sox off in the 9th. Here we go .........................

Say your prayers...at the very least it will probably be interesting.

TheYankee
07-19-07, 11:31 PM
Why do you call it "scoreboard watching?" Do you guys have MLB.com? I call it MLB watching It's a term.... :-ponder-:

TheYankee
07-19-07, 11:32 PM
They've been bullied around by the Yankees their entire existence (save one year), what do you expect? :lol:A bit of sanity is what I'd expect... but... alas, that's probably a bit much.

Bernie Inferno
07-19-07, 11:34 PM
1 more. Let's go Bobby!

teknetic
07-19-07, 11:34 PM
Seeing Julio Lugo's game logs are a sight for sore eyes. 7 hits in 79 AB's in June :roflmao:

Ground out followed by a Coco patented strikeout.

BonusCantos
07-19-07, 11:36 PM
The Red Sox are now 3-5 in the second half and 20-24 (.455) in their last 44 games, and like I said, the Yankees catch a break tonight. Another 3 out of 4 against TB and this AL East race could get real interesting in a week or so.

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:36 PM
Hahaha...Pedroia swings on 3-1 with Big Papi on deck. Thank you very much.

:D

Bernie Inferno
07-19-07, 11:37 PM
Nice! Thanks ChiSox. I also sent my sister to the game for good luck. She did well.

Big Game Andy
DIRTY WATAH :lol:

NZ NYY Fan
Thanks white sox. Hopefully yankees win tomorrow.

Tabata
Hahaha...Pedroia swings on 3-1 with Big Papi on deck. Thank you very much.

:D

I knew you had it in the bag after the Konerko homer.

NYYanks1982
07-19-07, 11:39 PM
Woot! The Sox Win!! (I mean the other Sox of course ;)) So, it remains 7 GB, and 6 back in the loss colum. :2thumbs:

teknetic
07-19-07, 11:40 PM
Shame we don't get them until August, that 3 game freebie to open the season was a downer.

comiskey
07-19-07, 11:41 PM
I knew you had it in the bag after the Konerko homer.

If you've watched this team everyday, you'd be just as worried as I am.

Sam18
07-19-07, 11:44 PM
GG, Yankees need a win tomorrow.

Tabata
07-19-07, 11:48 PM
GG, Yankees need a win tomorrow.

They should win since Edwin Jackson is pitching but so is Moose! http://images.redcafe.net/images/smilies/nervous.gif

knickfan23
07-19-07, 11:56 PM
Well, we certainly got a nice turn of events tonight at Fenway. Today's loss to the Jays now being tempered due to the Red Sox loss tonight. We break even today and continue on.

LeapsNbounds
07-20-07, 12:20 AM
Seeing Julio Lugo's game logs are a sight for sore eyes. 7 hits in 79 AB's in June :roflmao:

Ground out followed by a Coco patented strikeout.

That's Damon-esque. :D

AlongCameAPrincess
07-20-07, 02:20 AM
I have a question... We still have a make up game with Baltimore, actually, more like 2 innings, right?

Anyway.. Anyone know if Boston is making up any games or are they on schedule?

Tabata
07-20-07, 02:28 AM
I have a question... We still have a make up game with Baltimore, actually, more like 2 innings, right?

Yes, we are really 6 and a half games back. When do they finish that game again? Is it the 28th?

AlongCameAPrincess
07-20-07, 02:34 AM
Yes, we are really 6 and a half games back. When do they finish that game again? Is it the 28th?

I think I read somewhere is was the 28th, too. But I'm not entirely sure.

teknetic
07-20-07, 02:43 AM

Yea, next weekend part of a doubleheader.

knickfan23
07-20-07, 08:14 AM

Boston has a DH on August 17th with the Angels at Fenway.

The Dynasty
07-20-07, 08:20 AM
Boston has a DH on August 17th with the Angels at Fenway.

Awesome :D

Art Vanderlay
07-20-07, 08:43 AM
After watching the Red Sox recently I have come to the following conclusion, they better pray long and hard that nothing happens to Josh Beckett, because without him the Yankees will pass them before Labor Day.

BonusCantos
07-20-07, 11:19 AM
After watching the Red Sox recently I have come to the following conclusion, they better pray long and hard that nothing happens to Josh Beckett, because without him the Yankees will pass them before Labor Day. I think we've already seen enough to dispel the oft-repeated-in-the-media notion that "Boston's rotation is so good that they won't go into prolonged losing spells". They're 20-24 since they peaked at 36-15, and any other year, the Yankees probably would have caught them by now. Don't get me wrong, they're a very good team, but they're not this unstoppable mammoth that some thought they were back in April and May. Something like losing 4 in a row is a bump in the road, but having a losing record over what is essentially a 2-month span is not. They've been dangling a carrot in front of the Yankees, and until roughly this week, they didn't go after it.

The Sox basically had a pressure-free chance to win last night and gain a game, knowing that the Yanks blew their chance earlier in the day, and they lost anyway. Not a disaster for Boston by any stretch, but I can't imagine it feels too good now that there's actually another team in the rear view mirror.

If the Yankees can keep their recent run up, it's going to be a fun August and September. I don't know if the Sox will be caught, but they certainly can be. 6 back in the loss column on July 20th really isn't all that bad of a scenario, especially considering where the Yankees were.

knickfan23
07-20-07, 01:53 PM
I think we've already seen enough to dispel the oft-repeated-in-the-media notion that "Boston's rotation is so good that they won't go into prolonged losing spells". They're 20-24 since they peaked at 36-15, and any other year, the Yankees probably would have caught them by now. Don't get me wrong, they're a very good team, but they're not this unstoppable mammoth that some thought they were back in April and May. Something like losing 4 in a row is a bump in the road, but having a losing record over what is essentially a 2-month span is not. They've been dangling a carrot in front of the Yankees, and until roughly this week, they didn't go after it.

The Sox basically had a pressure-free chance to win last night and gain a game, knowing that the Yanks blew their chance earlier in the day, and they lost anyway. Not a disaster for Boston by any stretch, but I can't imagine it feels too good now that there's actually another team in the rear view mirror.

If the Yankees can keep their recent run up, it's going to be a fun August and September. I don't know if the Sox will be caught, but they certainly can be. 6 back in the loss column on July 20th really isn't all that bad of a scenario, especially considering where the Yankees were.

That's why its imperative that the Yanks capitalize on their good fortune with the schedule that they have in front of them right now. The Yanks rough patch is coming in mid August when they play those 17 games with the AL's best teams. But if they can put themselves in a situation where they are in fact only 2 or 3 games out by August 15th, then as long as they dont totally collapse, playing 9-8 in that stretch wont hurt as much. They certainly cant go into that patch 7 to 9 games out and expect to make up all the ground against those teams because Detroit and the Angels (11 of those games) have good pitching and playing on the road. Thats why its important that the Yanks take advantage of any gifts the ChiSox and Rays provide to them. Their will come a point when Boston will play well and win 8 of 11, and as long as it doesnt coincide with a mini Yankees stumble, then its fine.

CallOfTheCrow
07-20-07, 06:24 PM
Toronto 1
Seattle 0

Bottom 3rd

Boston 1
Chi 0

Top 3rd

Yankswun98
07-20-07, 06:42 PM
1-0 Sawx in the 2nd

BonusCantos
07-20-07, 07:00 PM
You can put it on the board....YES!

Yankswun98
07-20-07, 07:01 PM
Thome hit a shot! It's 3-1 White Sox now!!!

CallOfTheCrow
07-20-07, 07:02 PM
Thome. <3

nyctalopia
07-20-07, 07:05 PM
too bad we're losing 4-0 to the devil rays.

CallOfTheCrow
07-20-07, 07:06 PM
looks like we're going to need other teams to win tonight.

Num2MVP
07-20-07, 07:24 PM
Good ole McClellan botches another call. Drew had a HR. Bad Ump calls always seem to balance out.

CallOfTheCrow
07-20-07, 08:37 PM
Im sick to death of Okajima.

Big Game Andy
07-21-07, 03:11 PM
:lol: at Wily Mo Pena in the outfield.

jeterismyhomeboy
07-21-07, 03:33 PM
I really dislike Coco Crisp. Can't the cereal man go back to being worse than Johnny Damon?

2-1 Boston in the bottom of the second on the strength of a Crisp single. (Pun unintended)

CallOfTheCrow
07-21-07, 03:41 PM
if Jeff Weaver did what he did today against the Yanks, I might have had a stroke.

Top 4

BOS 2
CHISOX 1

Janttje
07-21-07, 04:44 PM
top 7 4-1 Bosox

Chick_Fewster
07-21-07, 05:20 PM
Ugh.... 3 BBs with the bases loaded for the Red Sox hitters today (and counting)... is Tim Donaghy pitching for the white sox????

9-1 now

Janttje
07-21-07, 05:22 PM
No he is not pitching..

Chick_Fewster
07-21-07, 05:23 PM
woooosh (sound of joke flying right over someone's head)

Janttje
07-21-07, 05:24 PM
Triple from Hinske 11-1 Bosox :(

knickfan23
07-21-07, 05:26 PM
This should be a reminder to all of us. If you think our bullpen is bad, there is in fact "worse". And I mean, MUCH WORSE.

Big Game Andy
07-21-07, 05:39 PM
Kason Gabbard has a 2.97 ERA :lol:

The Red Sox haven't really lost anything since Schilling got injured... they've had a few guys step in and perform over their heads.

BonusCantos
07-21-07, 05:41 PM
Well, the Yanks need tonight's game.

NYDCYankee
07-21-07, 10:00 PM
Cleveland losing 5-4 in the 7th.

JeterForPresident
07-21-07, 10:05 PM

The Red Sox haven't really lost anything since Schilling got injured... they've had a few guys step in and perform over their heads.

Yet we have still been able to close in on their lead, which is a good feeling.

NYDCYankee
07-21-07, 10:17 PM
Someone buy Marlon Byrd a beer.

nnysiny
07-21-07, 10:18 PM
thank you Marlon for clearing those clogged bases. 8-4

justinvarnes
07-21-07, 11:07 PM
Cleveland loses.

we gain a game and a half on CLE and are now 6.5 back in the WC.

Sam18
07-21-07, 11:08 PM
Cleveland loses.

we gain a game and a half on CLE and are now 6.5 back in the WC.

W00t.

Meecham4ever
07-22-07, 11:46 AM

Gabbard is suffering from what doctors refer to as "Aaron Small Syndrome".

Num2MVP
07-22-07, 12:18 PM
Lester to pitch tomorrow vs Indians.

WeekendWarrior
07-22-07, 12:51 PM
I am pulling for Lester to be good after what he has gone through. I just hope he loses every game he pitches so the yanks can continue to creep back into this thing

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 01:02 PM
The Cleveland v Boston series should be very good for us. As long as the Yankees win v the Royals then they will automatically gain on someone.

teknetic
07-22-07, 01:08 PM
Sox will also be without Ortiz until Wednesday. Big series coming up, could gain a lot of ground.

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 01:17 PM
Sox will also be without Ortiz until Wednesday. Big series coming up, could gain a lot of ground.

Who should we be rooting for?

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 01:24 PM
It doesn't matter at all, but I prefer Cleveland to win.

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 01:33 PM
Manny hit a 3 run bomb.

justinvarnes
07-22-07, 01:36 PM
I think the Yankees can catch CLE without needing BOS to sweep them, so I'd rather CLE sweep.

If that happens (or 2-1 CLE) it should give the Yanks the chance to pull within 5 GB of both the Division and the WC in the next 2-3 weeks.

That gives them 2 good shots at making the playoffs.

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 01:55 PM
I think the Yankees can catch CLE without needing BOS to sweep them, so I'd rather CLE sweep.

If that happens (or 2-1 CLE) it should give the Yanks the chance to pull within 5 GB of both the Division and the WC in the next 2-3 weeks.

That gives them 2 good shots at making the playoffs. I hear a lot of people chirping about the wild card, but they're only about a game or two further out of the division race, and I think both are equally attainable. First place, of course, is better than second, so if the Yanks pick up a few games on Boston next week, I really doubt anyone will complain.

Num2MVP
07-22-07, 02:01 PM
Going from post season odds projections, any loss for Cleveland is better for the Yanks.

justinvarnes
07-22-07, 02:26 PM
Going from post season odds projections, any loss for Cleveland is better for the Yanks.

Are those postseason odds based on the Red sox from April - June?

Because they were a .650-.700 team then when everyone thoguht the East was done. They have been a .500 team for quite a while now. and now Ortiz is day-to-day.

My point is, how are those odds figured? Clearly the Red Sox were playing over their heads and the Yankees were severely injured/underperforming through most the season. Do the numbers adjust as the teams adjust?

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 03:00 PM
Seattle lost, good for us.

Janttje
07-22-07, 03:31 PM
ChiSox is starting a rally in the 7th.. 8-5 now bases loaded 1 out

Num2MVP
07-22-07, 03:39 PM
"Are those postseason odds based on the Red sox from April - June?

Because they were a .650-.700 team then when everyone thoguht the East was done. They have been a .500 team for quite a while now. and now Ortiz is day-to-day.

My point is, how are those odds figured? Clearly the Red Sox were playing over their heads and the Yankees were severely injured/underperforming through most the season. Do the numbers adjust as the teams adjust?"

Updated everyday.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

THEBOSS84
07-22-07, 03:41 PM
Boston and Cleveland square off in a 4 game set starting tomorrow in Cleveland. We can sure use a Cleveland sweep, even though we are chasing them in the WC. Either way, we must win our series vs. the suddenly hot Royals (sounds weird doesn't it?).

Big Game Andy
07-22-07, 03:42 PM
Dear Hideki Okajima,

Please come back to Earth soon. Thanks.

Skars
07-22-07, 03:46 PM
As soon as that delivery is seen enough you gotta think he will come crashing down to earth. that 87 mph fastball spotted terribly right down the middle is not going to get by MLB hitters if there isnt another factor making it a better pitch

Num2MVP
07-22-07, 03:54 PM
Time for the mouth breather to blow the lead, or his shoulder out. Either way I'm happy.

YankeePride1967
07-22-07, 03:55 PM

Root for one team to sweep and then we gain a lot on one of the playoff spots.

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 04:10 PM
The White Sox are bringing up the tying run.

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 04:10 PM
2 on against paps.

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 04:13 PM
"Sacks packed with Sox."

Nobody out, go-ahead run at the plate.

NYDCYankee
Loaded

bennyc64
Score? How many outs? Who's up?

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 04:14 PM
Score? How many outs? Whose up?
8-5 Red Sox, Top 9, bases loaded, 0 out.

Thome up.

jeterismyhomeboy
07-22-07, 04:15 PM
Score? How many outs? Who's up?

No outs. Thome up. 8-5 Bosox.

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 04:15 PM
Thome wanted 4 runs on that last swing.

K's, 1 out.

bennyc64
07-22-07, 04:16 PM
8-5 Red Sox, Top 9, bases loaded, 0 out.

Thome up.

Thanks; Going yard here would be sick

teknetic
Thome with a what the hell AB

bennyc64
Konerko up next?

Benjamminwithyou
07-22-07, 04:17 PM
those shadows are brutal combined with pap's fastball

BonusCantos
It's basically Konerko or bust here.

Janttje
Konerko up next?

Yeah!

Benjamminwithyou
perhaps Paulie you should drive the fastball on the inner part of the plate rather than watch it go by

Big Game Andy
Pathetic at-bat by Thome. He swung at Ball 3. It could have been 3-0.

Benjamminwithyou
07-22-07, 04:18 PM
the shadows are really really bad

bennyc64
07-22-07, 04:20 PM
Time to hit the monster seats

frostdude1
Lets go white sox !!!!!

BonusCantos
Game over.

Papelbon threw about 26 pitches but cleaned up his own mess.

Benjamminwithyou
07-22-07, 04:21 PM
Is Papelbon not the most annoying dumb hick when he celebrates like that?

teknetic
Oh man, talk about terrible.

frostdude1
Konerko is pathetic !!!

jeterismyhomeboy
07-22-07, 04:22 PM
I really dislike Papelbon. But I dislike the Chisox even more.

Bases loaded, no outs...and they blow it.

Mark19
Wow, the White Sox are so inept. They have to be the biggest chokers of the year.

twice they have bases loaded with a chance to win the game and twice they fail to bring in a single run

RIYankee23
Nice watching Papelbon celebrate after creating the jam in the first place.

Amazing the the lesser hitters got the job done with Thome and Konerko both falling flat on their face.

Best case scenario: Rangers win tonight and the Indians exact their revenge by winning 2 out of 3 in Fenway.

BonusCantos
The Thome AB changed the complexion of the inning; Jim got impatient and swung for Logan Airport at high fastballs.

Big Game Andy
07-22-07, 04:23 PM
Eh, big deal. We just need to keep winning games. Red Sox will take care of the choking in August like they always do. :gulp:

I cannot wait to face Okajima again.

In Mo I Trust
07-22-07, 04:25 PM
Best case scenario: Rangers win tonight and the Indians exact their revenge by winning 2 out of 3 in Fenway.

It's a four game set, and it is in Cleveland.

teknetic
07-22-07, 04:27 PM
Next 4 games are gonna be big, could gain some serious ground.

RIYankee23
07-22-07, 04:34 PM
It's a four game set, and it is in Cleveland.

Even better. Go Indians.

How great would it be to cut the division lead to under 5 games if the Yankees sweep KC and the Indians win 3 out of 4?

Or if the Yankees can sweep like they should and the Sox and Indians split, then the Yankees could pick up 2 games on both teams.

Just keep winning and the Yankees will make the playoffs one way or another.

BonusCantos
07-22-07, 04:37 PM
IMO, the best case scenario would be the Indians taking 3/4 and the Yankees doing the same. That would cut the AL East down to 5.5 games by July 26, which is manageable.

I don't foresee anyone sweeping, but I wouldn't mind certain teams doing the sweeping.

trentonthunder
07-22-07, 04:41 PM
Next 4 games are gonna be big, could gain some serious ground.

We just better take care of our own business.
KC is one of the hottest teams in baseball right now.

YankeePride1967
07-22-07, 04:43 PM
It would be good to see other teams lose, but right now I'm just enjoying watching the real Yankees play. Yanks really have to keep it up as the teams ahead of us will lose games. We just have to play incredible ball.

trentonthunder
07-22-07, 04:44 PM
The Cleveland v Boston series should be very good for us. As long as the Yankees win v the Royals then they will automatically gain on someone.

After scoring a gazillion runs this weekend, the law of averages will
be against us in KC. Not trying to sound gloomy and doomy, but
teams just don't score 15+ runs for a week. Our pitching really needs
to throw some good games in KC.

Mark19
07-22-07, 05:54 PM
After scoring a gazillion runs this weekend, the law of averages will
be against us in KC. Not trying to sound gloomy and doomy, but
teams just don't score 15+ runs for a week. Our pitching really needs
to throw some good games in KC.

Especially against Odalis Perez. Young lefties have been the death of this team.

NYDCYankee
07-22-07, 06:15 PM
Especially against Odalis Perez. Young lefties have been the death of this team.

Is Odalis still young?

Mark19
07-22-07, 06:18 PM
Is Odalis still young?

Wow, he turned 30 last month. Seems like just yesterday he was being hyped as the next lefty stud.

Big Game Andy
07-23-07, 06:15 PM
CB Bucknor is awful.

frostdude1
07-23-07, 06:16 PM
Boston beating Cleveland 2-0 already

Meecham4ever
07-23-07, 06:18 PM
CB Bucknor is awful.
Moose is getting squeezed....ooops! Sorry, force of habit.... :D

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:19 PM
Westbrook has an ERA in excess of 6. This does not look particularly promising.

Mark19
At least we see that Cleveland is a paper tiger. They look tough against the overrated AL Central but hardly put up a fight against true powerhouses.

Big Game Andy
Just a gutless performance by Westbrook so far

Espinosa's Glasses
This thread should be shut down for the next four days. The Yankees just have to win now...

But still in all... look at Westbrook doing what he does best.

In Mo I Trust
Westbrook is getting lit up.

Big Game Andy
07-23-07, 06:20 PM
Thank you Mike Lowell

frostdude1
4-0 red sawoks

BonusCantos
4-0 Boston in the first, but the bases are clear.

Westbrook is horrible.

In Mo I Trust
07-23-07, 06:22 PM
4-0 Boston in the first, but the bases are clear.

Not for long.

Big Game Andy
07-23-07, 06:24 PM
Let's not beat this story into the ground ESPN. :barf: :barf:

themgmt
07-23-07, 06:25 PM
I hope lester goes 5 innings or so and doesn't give up much. then i hope Boston's bullpen implodes. Someone needs to rough up Papelbon and Okajima. but it's nice not caring who wins either way

JavyVazquezIsSick
07-23-07, 06:26 PM
I hope Lester does horrible.

yankchip
07-23-07, 06:27 PM
Yanks just need to keep winning!!! With Boston playing Cleveland the next few days....The Yanks can make up ground either in the wildcard race against the Indians or the Red Sox in the division! :) depending on who wins!

rca1230
I hope Lester never records an MLB out.

Big Game Andy
OT, but did anybody see that rack behind the Lesters? :ga-ga:

themgmt
07-23-07, 06:28 PM

seconded

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:32 PM
:clap:

rca1230
07-23-07, 06:34 PM
http://tinyurl.com/26l4wp

Yankees13
07-23-07, 06:35 PM
I'm going to root for whoever wins tonight the remaining 3 games of the series.
Looks like that will be the Sox. Let's go Sawx pahk some out of the yahd. :eek:

Big Game Andy
07-23-07, 06:35 PM
Nice to see that Lester has the same luck he had at the start of his career last year. 2 hard hit balls, directly at fielders. Let's hope his luck doesn't keep up.

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:36 PM
Get the pen going, Wedgie. This guy's done already.

NYDCYankee
07-23-07, 06:37 PM
Uhhh go Red Sox!

Mark19
ESPN would have you think this kid is another Lance Armstrong. Can't they at least pretend to know something about medical science?

NYDCYankee
Steve Sax reference.

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:38 PM
I don't root for 2nd place, so I'm not rooting for Boston.

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:39 PM
5-0 Boston, Westbrook getting booed.

Or maybe that was Manny?

Big Game Andy
07-23-07, 06:39 PM
No teams gets more bloopers, bleeders and flares than Boston. It's infuriating.

NYDCYankee
07-23-07, 06:40 PM
No teams gets more bloopers, bleeders and flares than Boston. It's infuriating.

Sox fans say the same thing about the Yankees.

Mark19
07-23-07, 06:41 PM
Crazy to think Westbrook used to be considered a hot commodity. In 2005, the Reds were thinking of trading Kearns or Dunn for him.

BonusCantos
Orel is pounding the crap out of Steve Phillips for his Yankee bashing.

Big Game Andy
I'm glad Herschiser called him out.

NYDCYankee
07-23-07, 06:42 PM
Orel calling out Phillips as a Yankee hater.

Jace
hahahahahah I love Orel Hershiser!!!!!! Not only is he the best analyst ESPN has by far, he realizes every other time Steve Phillips talks its to say "Arod is leaving and the Yankee fans will suffer the consequences of their actions" and "There is no way they make the playoffs, period"

NYDCYankee
Funny thing about Phillips is he knows Mets fan hate him because he did a terrible job as GM.

dont_ya_know24
07-23-07, 06:43 PM
why are people rooting against lester?? yes he is a red sox, but he's a great story, and came back from cancer. it's disappointing in my eyes.

26 and counting
07-23-07, 06:43 PM
Orel is pounding the crap out of Steve Phillips for his Yankee bashing.

What's he saying? My ESPN broadcast is being blacked out because I get NESN.

BonusCantos
07-23-07, 06:44 PM
why are people rooting against lester?? yes he is a red sox, but he's a great story, and came back from cancer. it's disappointing in my eyes. We don't wish him ill, but why the hell would Yankee fans want him to win coming down the stretch of a pennant race?

Jace
07-23-07, 06:45 PM
Seriously, if I ever meet Steve Phillips in person, I'm going to punch him in the mouth, and then tell him he's just suffering the consequences of being the worst baseball analyst in the business