PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49]

R.V.47
10-21-07, 10:30 PM
This is basically how I predicted it. I knew Cleveland didnt have the guts to be able to win a clincher under the pressure of Fenway Park. Welcome to the ALCS chokers club Cleveland.

Metroidman
10-21-07, 10:42 PM
The Yanks need to end this Sox crap NEXT YEAR. Take out the Red Sox and stop this pre Dynasty talk that will start soon.

yankeeman61
10-21-07, 10:47 PM
All of New England will be insufferable with a WS title and another Super Bowl champion :)

BBombers85
10-21-07, 10:48 PM
The Yanks need to end this Sox crap NEXT YEAR. Take out the Red Sox and stop this pre Dynasty talk that will start soon.

Lets not give them the series just yet. Rockies have a good team and are on a roll. I just hope the 8 day layoff hasn't affected them.

WE ARE ALL ROCKIES FANS NOW!

danman1202
10-21-07, 10:48 PM
I've never seen a team give up in a playoff game. Now I have.

PittsburghYankeeFan
10-21-07, 10:50 PM
Cleveland became Cleveland again after game 4. What did you expect? They're the Indians.

Yes, the Sox will be insufferable, but again, other than Beckett, they are very exposed. Let this one play itself out.

Metroidman
10-21-07, 10:51 PM
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE YANKS?

Where the hell were they? Carmona/Sabathia and the Indians bullpen are TOTAL CRAP.

-tz
10-21-07, 10:52 PM
Red Sox going to the World Series

****ing 3rd base ump of the Indians.Coach. ;)

Anyway it didn't matter, considering what happened in the Red Sox seventh and eighth.

-tz
10-21-07, 10:53 PM
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE YANKS?

Where the hell were they? Carmona/Sabathia and the Indians bullpen are TOTAL CRAP.Obviously, it was all the manager's fault.

NZ NYY Fan
10-21-07, 10:58 PM
Yuck.

Final 6 outs in 16 pitches. Way to fight guys.

R.V.47
10-21-07, 10:59 PM
I hate to praise the Red Sox but the yankees should take note of how they never stopped believing they would win after they fell behind 3-1. They stuck to their game, and didnt try to do to much knowing that they were good enough to win. Yanks could learn a lot from watching how the Sox played this series.

Metroidman
10-21-07, 11:03 PM
Yanks used to be like this. Then we got a bunch of softies who crumble under pressure

Whats funny is if Jeter just decided to hit once in this series without GIDP's we win

Wang doesn't totaly blow up we win

Bugs dont come out we win

Gah that was a series we totally should've won

yankeeman61
I hate to praise the Red Sox but the yankees should take note of how they never stopped believing they would win after they fell behind 3-1. They stuck to their game, and didnt try to do to much knowing that they were good enough to win. Yanks could learn a lot from watching how the Sox played this series.

Maybe if the Yanks had a Beckett to send the series back home it would make a difference

BigCheese
Take home lesson... NEVER have Kenny Lofton on your team.

1997 Indians
2002 Giants
2003 Cubs
2004 Yankees
2007 Indians

Metroidman
10-21-07, 11:05 PM
Maybe if the Yanks had a Beckett to send the series back home it would make a difference

We didn't need Beckett. We needed Wang to not have a 300 or w/e ERA. We needed Joe to wake the hell up and get the bugs off Joba and delay the game. We needed Jeter to not ground into 890830284032 Double Plays.

metalyank
10-21-07, 11:05 PM
The Yanks were also down 3-1 to the Indians, with a bug effect. Only thing going for the Sox was it's a 7-game series. 5 game series is too short.

BBombers85
10-21-07, 11:07 PM

1997 Indians
2002 Giants
2003 Cubs
2004 Yankees
2007 Indians

Unless you're playing the Yankees. The "ageless wonder" completely killed us in the DS.

iWant27
10-21-07, 11:07 PM

1997 Indians
2002 Giants
2003 Cubs
2004 Yankees
2007 Indians

Oh my god . I cant believe that . :eek:

webassign
10-21-07, 11:13 PM
Terry Francona managing the all-star game on our turf and bringing all of his red sox boys with him. Makes me sick to think about it.

Metroidman
10-21-07, 11:15 PM
I kinda want ARod gone and Lowell signed after this series.

BBombers85
10-21-07, 11:18 PM
I kinda want ARod gone and Lowell signed after this series.

I've realistically been leaning towards that as well. Having a player over 32 years old tied up for 10+ years can turn into a problem in the latter part of the contract. Meanwhile, Lowell for 2-3 years and then get someone else or bring someone up.

::sigh:: Round two of my October depression just began....

BigCheese
10-21-07, 11:18 PM
Terry Francona managing the all-star game on our turf and bringing all of his red sox boys with him. Makes me sick to think about it.

Oh man. You just ruined my night. Royally.

Joe Torre sitting somewhere eating popcorn, Francona in our dugout... *sigh*

YankeeinCT
10-21-07, 11:19 PM
I have to say it's humiliating that the Yankees choked and the Red Sox didn't.

But maybe something odd will happen in the World Series, it will be freezing cold in Denver and the Red Sox pitching will dissolve.

We can only dream, can't we?

R.V.47
10-21-07, 11:19 PM

Just realized that. Yikes.

HA2007
10-21-07, 11:23 PM
The Mike Lowell Love Must Stop Now!! Seriously Guys Stop It!! I'm Not Joking..

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-21-07, 11:27 PM
Am i the only one that honestly doesnt care? Sure ill root for the Rockies but i dont really care if they lose. The Yankees lost, Boston losing isnt going to change that for me. I dont even pay attention to the media anymore as the Yankees dont win there no matter what they do. In fact I sort of like that there is a good chance we go into next season as the underdogs. New manager, possibly no A-rod Posada and Mo, 3 rookies in the rotation. Yet I think the team can still be competitive.

NYIndian2005
10-21-07, 11:27 PM
The difference between the redsox spending money and us spending money the last few years....well you know it.

Smartin681
10-21-07, 11:34 PM
its times like this that make me wish i didnt live in mass..

IheartNY!
10-21-07, 11:48 PM
Any consoling words for a suicidal yanks fan out there? This is getting tough to watch. I feel the house that Ruth built crumbling around me and Fenway and Foxboro suddenly seem like the center of fun. Whose f-ing fault is this? I need someone to blame, and quick.

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-21-07, 11:52 PM
Any consoling words for a suicidal yanks fan out there? This is getting tough to watch. I feel the house that Ruth built crumbling around me and Fenway and Foxboro suddenly seem like the center of fun. Whose f-ing fault is this? I need someone to blame, and quick.

Why do you care? Yankees arent going to win the WS regardless. Its not going to make it any less dissapointing if the Red Sox dont win. If you want anybody to blame, blame yourself for your Red Sox fan mentality of caring way too much about the Rival team.

IheartNY!
10-21-07, 11:54 PM
Um, please explain to me how we have THIS THREAD if we dont care about what our rivals are doing. I hope you dont get paid to console suicidal people, cuz you suck at it.

CyYoung4Vazquez
10-21-07, 11:55 PM
This has been a really crappy week being a Yankee fan.

shotz
10-21-07, 11:56 PM
well, heres a start. ARod, Lofton, Carmona, midges, crap call at second, super glue, bob davidson, etc.....

on a positive note, the Yankees will come back stronger next year, its just a minor setback right now

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-21-07, 11:58 PM
Um, please explain to me how we have THIS THREAD if we dont care about what our rivals are doing. I hope you dont get paid to console suicidal people, cuz you suck at it.

This thread was made during the regular season, when what they did actually meant something to us, as in our chances to make the playoffs. I hope you dont get paid to do anything that requires basic logic.

IheartNY!
10-21-07, 11:59 PM
Last time I checked this thread is still at the top of the forum, and we haven't played a game in a week.

This thread was made during the regular season, when what they did actually meant something to us. I hope you dont get paid to anything that requires basic logic.

I hope you dont get paid to speak in complete sentences. Sleep well, its obviously past your bedtime.

Zimmers' Helmet
10-22-07, 12:01 AM

It will be funny watching 60 thousand Yankee fans in Yankee Stadium cheering for the N.L. team....

jeterismyhomeboy
10-22-07, 12:02 AM
I'm so out of 50 bucks. I can't believe that the Sox are going to win two WS before the Yanks win one in the 21st century. I bet against that, and now I'm screwed. 'Cause right now I don't have 50 bucks. (I'm a student!)

Stupid Sox. :mad: :P :(

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-22-07, 12:05 AM
Last time I checked this thread is still at the top of the forum, and we haven't played a game in a week.

I hope you dont get paid to speak in complete sentences. Sleep well, its obviously past your bedtime.

Coming from the person that just used "cuz" in a previous post this is quite ironic. As for the first point it doesnt really matter. Just because people are following the game in a thread made a few months ago does not mean they have emotional attachments. If they do it also does not mean that they should. So yes maybe I should go to sleep as it is quite late and i have better things to worry about tommorrow, however considering you are the one talking about suicide over a team that isnt even your team, I would not be questioning anybody's maturity if I was you. Then again I am not you, and I am pretty happy about that.

IheartNY!
10-22-07, 12:12 AM
This whole "we dont have emotional attachments about the enemy like sox fans do" thing is just not true. I mean, not you JRS, cuz you are clearly some kind of futurisitc awesome superhero, but the rest of us, lets admit it, this is a legit rivalry, and somehow we have ended up quite suddenly holding the sh*t end of the stick. Our house aint in order, and we need to get it together, and soon. Right at this moment, I see an organization in disaray, I have not felt that way in over a decade, and it really bums me out.

Coming from the person that just used "cuz" in a previous post this is quite ironic. As for the first point it doesnt really matter. Just because people are following the game in a thread made a few months ago does not mean they have emotional attachments. If they do it also does not mean that they should. So yes maybe I should go to sleep as it is quite late and i have better things to worry about tommorrow, however considering you are the one talking about suicide over a team that isnt even your team, I would not be questioning anybody's maturity if I was you. Then again I am not you, and I am pretty happy about that.

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-22-07, 12:19 AM
This whole "we dont have emotional attachments about the enemy like sox fans do" thing is just not true. I mean, not you JRS, cuz you are clearly some kind of futurisitc awesome superhero, but the rest of us, lets admit it, this is a legit rivalry, and somehow we have ended up quite suddenly holding the sh*t end of the stick. Our house aint in order, and we need to get it together, and soon. Right at this moment, I see an organization in disaray, I have not felt that way in over a decade, and it really bums me out.

Honestly I dont mind this conversation but lets leave the personal insults out of it. I apologize for before, I admit i can get pretty intense in the heat of the moment. I mean to me if the Yankees dont win it sucks either way. The Red Sox not winning isnt going to soften that blow at all for me. As for the organization at the moment I see some very good things and some bad. The good being that they value young pitching and are not running on emotion. They made their best offer to Torre and he turned it down, time to move on. They are prepared to do the same to A-rod. Thats the way an organization has to be run. And with Cashman still running the baseball side of things i am very encouraged. The fact that the 2 Steinbrenners are enthusiastic about Joba starting is also very encouraging. The bad, is that they do not know when to shut up. They should have just let the Torre comments go instead of responding. They need to realize that they arent going to win a PR war as the majority of the nation and media hate us. So take all the verbal abuse, and speak with good baseball moves and excellent play.

As long as Cashman still retains GM power(and all indications point to that being the case) all is fine by me.

Stashed_in_the_South
10-22-07, 12:25 AM
My mom and her boyfriend (stop; they are both over 60) LIVE in Colorado. Weird coincidence.

IheartNY!
10-22-07, 12:25 AM
I also apologize, lets hug it out. BUt.....

Torre's contract does not count towards the lux tax, he is the best mamanger in baseball and we know he can guide a winning team through the unique NYC guantlet, losing him is a HUGE mistake.

Is Cash running the baseball side, cuz as you said, the new three headed big stein is making comments about how Joba should be used (even if they are correct, this is disturbing!)

And yeah, like you and I, this new regime doesn't know when to ................ up, and in NYC, that can lead to an avalanche of bad energy in a hurry.

We can not lose Arod, but honestly, I let both Posada and Rivera go if they wont sign for good years and money.

Thats just me though.....and lets remember, 20 minutes ago I was suicidal.

Honestly I dont mind this conversation but lets leave the personal insults out of it. I apologize for before, I admit i can get pretty intense in the heat of the moment. I mean to me if the Yankees dont win it sucks either way. The Red Sox not winning isnt going to soften that blow at all for me. As for the organization at the moment I see some very good things and some bad. The good being that they value young pitching and are not running on emotion. They made their best offer to Torre and he turned it down, time to move on. They are prepared to do the same to A-rod. Thats the way an organization has to be run. And with Cashman still running the baseball side of things i am very encouraged. The fact that the 2 Steinbrenners are enthusiastic about Joba starting is also very encouraging. The bad, is that they do not know when to shut up. They should have just let the Torre comments go instead of responding. They need to realize that they arent going to win a PR war as the majority of the nation and media hate us. So take all the verbal abuse, and speak with good baseball moves and excellent play.

As long as Cashman still retains GM power(and all indications point to that being the case) all is fine by me.

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-22-07, 12:36 AM
I also apologize, lets hug it out. BUt.....

Torre's contract does not count towards the lux tax, he is the best mamanger in baseball and we know he can guide a winning team through the unique NYC guantlet, losing him is a HUGE mistake.

Is Cash running the baseball side, cuz as you said, the new three headed big stein is making comments about how Joba should be used (even if they are correct, this is disturbing!)

And yeah, like you and I, this new regime doesn't know when to ................ up, and in NYC, that can lead to an avalanche of bad energy in a hurry.

We can not lose Arod, but honestly, I let both Posada and Rivera go if they wont sign for good years and money.

Thats just me though.....and lets remember, 20 minutes ago I was suicidal.

I disagree about Torre being the best manager in baseball. He is good at keeping players motivated over a long season, however his actual in game managing is mediocre at best imo. He is too quick to pull a starter, he over works the bullpen, usually finding one or 2 guys he trust and trots them out there until his arm falls off. He goes with experience over talent everything else being equal in every situation.

Also keep in mind sometimes a shake up is needed 12 years is a long time and in my opinion and the opinion of others Torre got too loyal to the players and the players got too comfortable. A new voice was needed as long as the replacement is competant.

Cash is running the baseball side imo. Everything the "3 headed monster" has said pretty much coincides with what Cashman has said. And if that changes Cashman has the balls to leave as he almost did after 05.

I agree with how they plan to handle the A-rod situation. GIve him their best offer with the 7 million per year Texas is kicking in. If he declines then have fun elsewhere. I agree about Posada and Mo, I dont want them long term just based on the past, but if they sign for 2 years with one year mutual options i bring them back.

Zimmers' Helmet
10-22-07, 12:48 AM
I agree about Posada and Mo, I dont want them long term just based on the past, but if they sign for 2 years with one year mutual options i bring them back.

It's going to take at least 3 years to re-sign Posada and Mo. If the Yankees don't, there are other teams that will.

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-22-07, 12:53 AM
It's going to take at least 3 years to re-sign Posada and Mo. If the Yankees don't, there are other teams that will.

Then so be it. I look at it as I look at Varitek and Pedro after the 04 season. The Red Sox re-signed Varitek and he did well in 05 and has sucked with the bat the past 2 years. They let Pedro walk, and it turned out to be the right decision.

If Posada had the game calling abilitly or the ability to frame pitches/ block the plater like Varitek does id be more willing to overpay, but Posada's value comes purely in his offense, and at his age as a catcher he is going to fall off hard and soon in that regard.

Zimmers' Helmet
10-22-07, 01:04 AM
Then so be it. I look at it as I look at Varitek and Pedro after the 04 season. The Red Sox re-signed Varitek and he did well in 05 and has sucked with the bat the past 2 years. They let Pedro walk, and it turned out to be the right decision.

If Posada had the game calling abilitly or the ability to frame pitches/ block the plater like Varitek does id be more willing to overpay, but Posada's value comes purely in his offense, and at his age as a catcher he is going to fall off hard and soon in that regard.

If you need a player and can afford to pay him; you keep him unless you have a reasonable replacement. Who is available that is a reasonable replacement to Jorge Posada? There isn't because the answer to that is no one. At age 35, I certainly believe that Posada can be productive with the bat for the next 3 years. He has enough left to catch for another 2 years and phase himself more into splitting his time between DH and catcher for the 3rd season.

Mo is a little older, and therefore trickier to call. The bottom line is that they have to keep him, because like Posada; they have no one to replace him for 2008. To allow both Posada and Mo to walk away would be like admitting to giving up on the 2008 season before it even begins.The Yankees can't afford any more bad P.R. this winter.

Casey at the Bat
10-22-07, 01:09 AM
If you need a player and can afford to pay him; you keep him unless you have a reasonable replacement. Who is available that is a reasonable replacement to Jorge Posada? There isn't because the answer to that is no one. At age 35, I certainly believe that Posada can be productive with the bat for the next 3 years. He has enough left to catch for another 2 years and phase himself more into splitting his time between DH and catcher for the 3rd season.

Mo is a little older, and therefore trickier to call. The bottom line is that they have to keep him, because like Posada; they have no one to replace him for 2008. To allow both Posada and Mo to walk away would be like admitting to giving up on the 2008 season before it even begins.The Yankees can't afford any more bad P.R. this winter.

If the Yanks manage to keep Mo, Po, and AROD.... what do you think the payroll will be at for next year? Keeping those three is going to be expensive.

-tz
10-22-07, 01:22 AM
Any consoling words for a suicidal yanks fan out there? This is getting tough to watch. I feel the house that Ruth built crumbling around me and Fenway and Foxboro suddenly seem like the center of fun. Whose f-ing fault is this? I need someone to blame, and quick.Blame Torre ... and A-Rod, of course.