PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49

cupcollector99
09-29-07, 07:33 AM
Oh no.. The Sox just won the world series.. They're celebrating on the field at fenway and the players are showering the fans with champagne and beer..
They're running around in their underwear pouring bubbly liquid over everything that moves.. It must be that they achieved a goal that hasn't been reached in history..

After watching the news this morning, who could come to any other conclusion?

Lucen
09-29-07, 11:57 AM
Oh no.. The Sox just won the world series.. They're celebrating on the field at fenway and the players are showering the fans with champagne and beer..
They're running around in their underwear pouring bubbly liquid over everything that moves.. It must be that they achieved a goal that hasn't been reached in history..

Come on. The Yankees went nuts when they clinched a playoff berth this year. Teams celebrate, especially when they do something they either weren't expected to do, or haven't done in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cReLaVczsho

Instead of looking for things to complain about, how about celebrating the fact that the Yankees made a remarkable run to come back from an insane amount of injuries and underperformance in the first two months of the season and still make the playoffs?

Meecham4ever
09-29-07, 12:07 PM

I can only imagine how carried away they were...idiots...they used to act like that when they won the wild card too. :mad:

ZIM 2002
09-29-07, 12:12 PM
It bothers me, tho, that Boston clinched by us losing - especially losing with Mariano blowing a save!:(

metalyank
09-29-07, 12:22 PM
It bothers me, tho, that Boston clinched by us losing - especially losing with Mariano blowing a save!:(
Likewise.

rodney27nyg
09-29-07, 01:44 PM
Come on. The Yankees went nuts when they clinched a playoff berth this year. Teams celebrate, especially when they do something they either weren't expected to do, or haven't done in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cReLaVczsho

Instead of looking for things to complain about, how about celebrating the fact that the Yankees made a remarkable run to come back from an insane amount of injuries and underperformance in the first two months of the season and still make the playoffs?

Because this year we came back from the dead. It celebrated slapping all the arrogant smacktalking morons (matt damon, steve phillips, most smug sox fans) for writing us off.

We've won lots of division titles with a lot less hoopla than this years WC celebration. That's because we have done it before and plan on doing it again.

The sox, not so much.;)

rodney27nyg
09-29-07, 01:49 PM
:D :D :D

I'm glad Denzell or Jack Nicholson never made themselves look this retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUgrYECiGPw

Seth
09-29-07, 02:35 PM
The Mets lead the Marlins 11-0 and John Maine is pitching a no-hitter through 7 innings.

THEBOSS84
09-29-07, 02:36 PM
Maine also has 13 ks.

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 02:37 PM
Met homers are back to being.....well themselves at work.

sweet_lou_14
09-29-07, 02:37 PM
The Mets lead the Marlins 11-0 and the Mets John Maine is pitching a no-hitter through 7 innings.

And you know if we were Mets fans we'd be kinda screaming about it. "Why can't we score 11 runs when the other team scores 8, and why can't we throw a no-no when the other team scores 3?"

It's like the Mets got one win for the price of two. :D

TheJobaRules
09-29-07, 02:40 PM
"TAKE THAT COLE HAMELS!"- Gary Cohen after Maine's 13th strikeout.

:uhh:

Seth
09-29-07, 02:42 PM

Cohen can be quite a jerk sometimes.

NJ Fan
09-29-07, 02:42 PM

I had the same reaction when I heard him say that....What an Asshat!

Cheesyhoboe
09-29-07, 02:43 PM
Wouldn't it suck for the Mets if the Phillies end up winning their last two games anyway?

NyQuil
09-29-07, 02:44 PM
An inferiority complex is quite an ugly thing.

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 02:45 PM

& Lupica calls the YES team homers......wow

TheBamTino24
09-29-07, 02:45 PM
Gary Cohen aside, what an incredible pitching display by John Maine. He stumbled down the stretch as he was extended past what he was used to, workload-wise, but given today and Game 7 of the NLCS last year, he's definitely shown the "guts" part of pitching in big games.

Well done.

TheJobaRules
09-29-07, 02:46 PM
Gary Cohen aside, what an incredible pitching display by John Maine. He stumbled down the stretch as he was extended past what he was used to, workload-wise, but given today and Game 7 of the NLCS last year, he's definitely shown the "guts" part of pitching in big games.

Well done.

Absolutely...Amazing performance at exactly the right time.

roblyo33
09-29-07, 03:08 PM

Well done.

Agreed

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 05:04 PM
man yahoo & cbssportsline is slow as hell.

Philly is getting spanked though.

NyQuil
09-29-07, 06:05 PM
Freaking Phils. They could have stomped on the Mets throat tonight but choke it up with errors.

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 06:06 PM
Guess they didn't like first place all by themselves.

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 06:27 PM
Padres lost.

Mets 1 back in the WC & tied for the NL East.

Abe Frohman
09-29-07, 06:29 PM
whoa... Basically Glavine on the mound vs The D-Train tomorrow with the season on the line... pretty crazy.

CallOfTheCrow
09-29-07, 06:30 PM
D-Train will get rocked 'cause that's his season.

Seth
09-29-07, 06:37 PM
Great baseball coverage by Fox. Is there some reason why after the Nationals/Philllies game ended why Fox didn't go to the end of Padres/Brewers game, since that had playoff implications?

frostdude1
09-29-07, 08:32 PM
Red Sox won ... does this mean if the Indians lose tonight , Boston secures best record in the AL and the right to choose the series length ?

Spiker101
09-29-07, 08:34 PM
Red Sox won ... does this mean if the Indians lose tonight , Boston secures best record in the AL and the right to choose the series length ?

Yes it does. And if I understand it, 60 minutes after the Indians lose, Boston will have to make its decision. So if that comes to pass, we should know by tonight which it'll be.

umpsrconferring
09-29-07, 08:47 PM
If the Indians lose, it will be the first time that the Red Sox have the best record in MLB since 1946.

It is unclear whether they would take the "long" series so Schilling and Beckett pitch twice each, or whether they think Wakefield is back on track and pick the 7-day Series, forcing the Angels to pitch Saunders in Game 4.

Kluivert4Ever
09-29-07, 08:51 PM
If the Indians lose, it will be the first time that the Red Sox have the best record in MLB since 1946.

It is unclear whether they would take the "long" series so Schilling and Beckett pitch twice each, or whether they think Wakefield is back on track and pick the 7-day Series, forcing the Angels to pitch Saunders in Game 4.

But do they want to face Saunders? Didnīt he give them plenty of problems last time?

fredgmuggs
09-29-07, 09:05 PM
Yes it does. And if I understand it, 60 minutes after the Indians lose, Boston will have to make its decision. So if that comes to pass, we should know by tonight which it'll be.For what it is worth, I heard Buster Olney say on a radio talk show this morning that he has heard the Sox are leaning towards choosing the "short" series against presumably the Angels.

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:20 PM
For what it is worth, I heard Buster Olney say on a radio talk show this morning that he has heard the Sox are leaning towards choosing the "short" series against presumably the Angels.

Well, we're going to find out for sure within the hour. Indians lose.

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:21 PM
sweet :D

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:22 PM
Indians lose

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:23 PM
Don't we want the shorter series so we don't see Sabathia/Carmona twice?

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:23 PM
Boston , please do something good in your life and pick the long series :)

do it for us,
Empire

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:24 PM

yes sir

nh_snowman

They'll only see them once each when the Yanks sweep.

umpsrconferring

Think the Red Sox will pick the short series for themselves, not caring much either way, with that in mind???

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:25 PM
They'll only see them once each when the Yanks sweep.

I love this poster's attitude

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:25 PM

I'll try this again since no one else has been kind enough to answer in any of the other threads (even though it's prob one of if not the most important thing to talk about now)...

I heard Michael Kay say that Boston was the only team that would pick the short series.

So either way the Yankees would play in the long series; corrrect?

Did anyone hear otherwise?

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:26 PM
Reasons the Red Sox should choose the longer series:

1. Travel between coasts
2. Schilling/Beckett double dip

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:27 PM
yes sir

I'd much rather have Wang and Pettite twice; Clemens for game 3 and NO Mussina.

We could also see Joba in 4 of those games. Despite facing their best twice, this still works out very well for us.

roblyo33
09-29-07, 09:28 PM
I'll try this again since no one else has been kind enough to answer in any of the other threads (even though it's prob one of if not the most important thing to talk about now)...

I heard Michael Kay say that Boston was the only team that would pick the short series.

So either way the Yankees would play in the long series; corrrect?

Did anyone hear otherwise?

Haven't heard either way........we will know within the hour..........Cleveland lost.

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:29 PM
Reasons the Red Sox should choose the longer series:

1. Travel between coasts
2. Schilling/Beckett double dip

hope you're right

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:29 PM
Haven't heard either way........we will know within the hour..........Cleveland lost.

Thanks. I'm hoping we get the long series, how bout everyone else?

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:30 PM

I think everyone clearly wants the short series because we dont wanna see CC and Carmona twice ;) thats the best 1-2 in baseball right now

nh_snowman
09-29-07, 09:30 PM

I would imagine (hope) this isn't like the NFL draft where the team needs to use full clock. I'm sure they've been thinking about it for a while and no one needs to wake them up to remind them they have a decision. It should be quick, hopefully the announcement is too.

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:32 PM
I would imagine (hope) this isn't like the NFL draft where the team needs to use full clock. I'm sure they've been thinking about it for a while and no one needs to wake them up to remind them they have a decision. It should be quick, hopefully the announcement is too.

The decision was already made weeks ago. They aren't suddenly going to hit the war room for this ;)

nh_snowman
09-29-07, 09:34 PM
The decision was already made weeks ago. They aren't suddenly going to hit the war room for this ;)

You don't think Theo is putting on his Gorilla suit to sneak into the war room?

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:35 PM
You don't think Theo is putting on his Gorilla suit to sneak into the war room?

I stand corrected. :D

Spiker101

I think it may be the only way the Yanks win. Which is another way of saying that if Mussina starts the Yanks lose. Also Joba could pitch in all five games in the long series.

Louisville Slugger
For those interested:

http://mysite.verizon.net/nfriedman/Yankees.jpg

(7,787)/(7,787 + 5,505) = ~0.586.

Yankees!

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:36 PM
I think everyone clearly wants the short series because we dont wanna see CC and Carmona twice ;) thats the best 1-2 in baseball right now

I strongly disagree.

I understand that it makes it tougher to face CC and Carmona twice. That's the one disadvantage.

Here are three advantages:

1. We get to pitch Wang and Pettitte twice
2. No Mussina in game 4.
3. Most importantly we get to use Joba more, possibly for 4 games

Clearly these advantages outweight facing CC and Carmona twice.

jughead
09-29-07, 09:36 PM
No way the Sox take the long series, so we get (somewhat) hosed with the Indians. But screw it. We'll sweep 'em anyway.

themgmt
09-29-07, 09:37 PM
I'd much rather have Wang and Pettite twice; Clemens for game 3 and NO Mussina.

We could also see Joba in 4 of those games. Despite facing their best twice, this still works out very well for us.

Joba can pitch 4 times in either format, really 5 times but that would require back to back days on 2 occasions.

I like the short series personally

Wang Vs. Sabathia
Pettite Vs. Carmona
Clemens Vs. Byrd
Hughes Vs. Westbrook
Wang/Pettite Vs. Sabathia

Our best starters on the road, their worst starters in yankee stadium.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:37 PM
I think it may be the only way the Yanks win. Which is another way of saying that if Mussina starts the Yanks lose. Also Joba could pitch in all five games in the long series.

I think the Yankees are the better team and can and will still beat the Indians in a possible shorter rest series.

However, will you agree that Torre would not be putting the team in the best position to win if he starts Mussina over Hughes??

nh_snowman
09-29-07, 09:38 PM
I also want to see the long series because I have a flight home from Florida on Thursday from 8:30 - 11:30pm. I'd rather watch the game from a bar on Wednesday.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:39 PM
Joba can pitch 4 times in either format, really 5 times but that would require back to back days on 2 occasions.

Wang Vs. Sabathia
Pettite Vs. Carmona
Clemens Vs. Byrd
Hughes Vs. Westbrook

That doesn't look bad but it puts alot more pressure and stress on Joba's arm to throw back to back games twice. It also increases the odds that he may get hit.

Also, I think we both know that there's no a snowball's chance in hell that Torre starts Hughes over the grizzled old vet, Mussina.

themgmt
09-29-07, 09:40 PM
No way the Sox take the long series, so we get (somewhat) hosed with the Indians. But screw it. We'll sweep 'em anyway.

Why? I could just as easily see the red sox going the other way too.

Would they rather pitch Beckett/Schilling twice and Matsuzaka once... or have to roll the dice with wakefield starting game 4?

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:40 PM
I think the Yankees are the better team and can and will still beat the Indians in a possible shorter rest series.

However, will you agree that Torre would not be putting the team in the best position to win if he starts Mussina over Hughes??

Oh yeah. I'm going to be extremely angry with Torre if he starts Moose over Hughes. Clearly, Phil is the better bet at this point.

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:41 PM

Wang Vs. Sabathia
Pettite Vs. Carmona
Clemens Vs. Byrd
Hughes Vs. Westbrook

The trouble with that is that Wang is on the road for two games. With the long series, you get Wang for a game at home and a deciding game with Andy.

nh_snowman
09-29-07, 09:41 PM
For those interested:

http://mysite.verizon.net/nfriedman/Yankees.jpg

(7,787)/(7,787 + 5,505) = ~0.586.

Yankees!

Looks like that '27 team may have been pretty good.

Y4L
09-29-07, 09:42 PM
Who cares about experience.. put the young talent in. Give him the ball, let him get the experience now. Win playoff games now, be able to win playoff games later.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah. I'm going to be extremely angry with Torre if he starts Moose over Hughes. Clearly, Phil is the better bet at this point.

Fair enough. If we end up getting bounced b/c of that, Joe needs to go.

Louisville Slugger
09-29-07, 09:43 PM
And the '98 Yankees as well, :eek:

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:44 PM
Fair enough. If we end up getting bounced b/c of that, Joe needs to go.

If we get bounced, Joe is going regardless. He has to get through the Indians at least.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:45 PM
If we get bounced, Joe is going regardless. He has to get through the Indians at least.

I sincerely doubt it. I thought he was gone for sure last year.

themgmt
09-29-07, 09:47 PM
That doesn't look bad but it puts alot more pressure and stress on Joba's arm to throw back to back games twice. It also increases the odds that he may get hit.

Also, I think we both know that there's no a snowball's chance in hell that Torre starts Hughes over the grizzled old vet, Mussina.

He'd only have to do that if he pitched in all 5 games, if it even gets that far, or if he's even needed that much

Game 1 - Joba
Game 2 - Joba
Day Off
Game 3 - Joba
Game 4 - no Joba
Day Off
Game 5 - Joba

Is how I would have it planned with a possible swap of appearances game 3/4.

Or if he isn't needed in one of the first two games:

Game 1 - Joba
Game 2 - no Joba
Day Off
Game 3 - Joba
Game 4 - Joba
Day Off
Game 5 - Joba

nh_snowman
09-29-07, 09:48 PM
Boston news just reported the Sox chose the long series

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:50 PM
He'd only have to do that if he pitched in all 5 games, if it even gets that far, or if he's even needed that much

Game 1 - Joba
Game 2 - Joba
Day Off
Game 3 - Joba
Game 4 - no Joba
Day Off
Game 5 - Joba

Is how I would have it planned with a possible swap of appearances game 3/4.

Or if he isn't needed in one of the first two games:

Game 1 - Joba
Game 2 - no Joba
Day Off
Game 3 - Joba
Game 4 - Joba
Day Off
Game 5 - Joba

Well done but it's still to our advantage to have more rest for Joba and less back to back appearances.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:51 PM

Michael Kay should be fired.

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:53 PM
I sincerely doubt it. I thought he was gone for sure last year.

I think if Steinbrenner hadn't insisted on Lou, Joe might have been gone last year. I think Cashman, rightly in my opinion, thought Lou was the absolute worst guy for this job.

Spiker101
09-29-07, 09:54 PM

dammit.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:56 PM
I think if Steinbrenner hadn't insisted on Lou, Joe might have been gone last year. I think Cashman, rightly in my opinion, thought Lou was the absolute worst guy for this job.

If the reports out of Boston are true, then it's now put up or shutup time for both Torre and Mussina.

No more second chances for Joe.

frostdude1
09-29-07, 09:56 PM

yea yeaaa :D

themgmt
09-29-07, 09:57 PM
Wangs road numbers are highly over stated, granted he pitches better at home, but the difference isn't as large as the ERA's show.

7 ER to Texas
6 ER to Baltimore
8 ER to Toronto

Take out those 3 starts and his road ERA is 3.35.

Wang has had 3 really bad starts on the road all year, the rest have been great to decent. Still, he isn't as good on the road as he is at home, but he doesn't become a Kei Igawa V. 2.0 on the road

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 09:58 PM
yea yeaaa :D

Are you happy with Mussina starting game 4?

The Zankees
09-29-07, 09:59 PM
I still have Clemens penciled in for Game 3. Until he is officially out, he's in.

Abe Frohman
09-29-07, 09:59 PM

i really hate that Joe can be so predictable at times...

rodney27nyg
09-29-07, 10:00 PM
dammit.

It doesn't matter.

Whatever the schedule/matchups are...we have to adapt and overcome.

Exactly what we've been doing for 4 months.;)

frostdude1
09-29-07, 10:00 PM

No , but we would have Hughes ready and he was great against the Indians

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 10:01 PM
No , but we would have Hughes ready and he was great against the Indians

That's far from the ideal situation. If Hughes has to come in for Mussina, that means that we are most likely already losing due to Mussina pitching BP.

Also, Hughes usually gets into a jam in the 1st (gets out of it by giving up a few runs) then settles down.

Talk about putting yourself behind the eight ball!

If Clemens can't go then it really gets tough with this setup.

Spiker101
09-29-07, 10:01 PM
It doesn't matter.

Whatever the schedule/matchups are...we have to adapt and overcome.

Exactly what we've been doing for 4 months.;)

What we've been doing for four months is hitting the snot out of the ball. That's harder to count on in the playoffs. The lack of depth in the Yanks pitching staff will be more exposed in the short series.

roblyo33
09-29-07, 10:02 PM

I've heard they weren't bad

Abe Frohman
09-29-07, 10:03 PM
That's far from the ideal situation. If Hughes has to come in for Mussina, that means that we are most likely already losing due to Mussina pitching BP.

The hook should be 4 ER before the 3rd inning... we may be able to overcome that... anything more and Joe threw the game away.

rodney27nyg
09-29-07, 10:06 PM
What we've been doing for four months is hitting the snot out of the ball. That's harder to count on in the playoffs. The lack of depth in the Yanks pitching staff will be more exposed in the short series.

Do you recall both of the last 2 Boston/NYY series?

Both came without an off day for us, getting in early AM on gameday
while Boston had an off day before each.

The odds seemed to favor the sox. We swept the first one at the Stadium...
and took 2 of 3 in Boston in the second. Right after getting spanked in Det.,
BTW.

We adapted and overcame. No matter the odds, I really feel this team will rise to that specific occassion and find a way to win.

teknetic
09-29-07, 10:08 PM
So what does this mean for the Indians? they'll have to start Westbrook and Byrd, no?

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 10:09 PM
The hook should be 4 ER before the 3rd inning... we may be able to overcome that... anything more and Joe threw the game away.

Huh??? 4 runs??? How about if he gives up 2 and is getting hit hard.... Take him out!!!!!!!

How is it good to spot the Indians 4 runs in a game b/c Joe can't get over his love for mediocre at best veterans??

Spiker101
09-29-07, 10:10 PM
So what does this mean for the Indians? they'll have to start Westbrook and Byrd, no?

Yeah, as it's set up now it'll be Westbrook v Rocket and Bryd v Moose/Hughes.

roblyo33
09-29-07, 10:14 PM
FWIW........Moose has pitched in 22 post season games: 7-8 record, 3.40 ERA, 135 IP, 142 K's, 1.08 WHIP
I'll take that kind of performance in this year's post season.

RIYankee23
09-29-07, 10:14 PM
FWIW........Moose has pitched in 22 post season games: 7-8 record, 3.40 ERA, 135 IP, 142 K's, 1.08 WHIP
I'll take that kind of performance in this year's post season.

So would I, but I highly doubt it's going to happen.

It's the wrong move and Torre should know better.

roblyo33
09-29-07, 10:16 PM
So would I, but I highly doubt it's going to happen.

It's the wrong move and Torre should know better.

That's your opinion....which you are entitled to. I disagree.......which I'm entitled to. Phil has looked good and I think he will be a great pitcher for a long time. I'm not ready to trust him with a post season start.

rodney27nyg
09-30-07, 02:29 AM
In other news: Buchholz shut-down due to shoulder fatigue

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/09/28/buchholz_shut_down_with_shoulder_fatigue/

rodney27nyg
09-30-07, 02:31 AM
In other news: Buchholz shut-down due to shoulder fatigue

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/09/28/buchholz_shut_down_with_shoulder_fatigue/

Maybe he could be a pinch runner...I've heard he is good at stealing.:D

NyQuil
09-30-07, 12:32 PM
Mets down 5-0 still in the first. Glavine already chased out of the game.

Spiker101
09-30-07, 12:36 PM
7-0. Wow.

fredgmuggs
09-30-07, 12:36 PM
Mets down 5-0 still in the first. Glavine already chased out of the game.7 down now before the Mets have come up to bat.....

Kluivert4Ever
09-30-07, 12:56 PM
:lol: at Castro celebrating like he thought he had the homerun only to see it get caught at the wall :lol:

JSG
09-30-07, 02:09 PM
....... for those not watching the yanks game on TV .........

classic moment, damon hits a foul line drive off tony pena's thigh ........... molina on first base signals to the dugout for a pinch runner ......... !!! ........ then damon gets a hit and pena of course razzes him .......... good stuff ...........

themgmt
09-30-07, 02:46 PM
5-1 Phillies in the 7th
8-1 Marlins in the 7th

Mets season is over.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 02:47 PM
There could still be a WC playoff game if the Pads lose and Rockies win. (it would be in SD)

And now the Brewers have tied it at 4. Still scoreless in Denver.

Padres TRAIL now.

bannusvdk
09-30-07, 02:55 PM
Padres tied up now! Go Rockies!

Now 5-4 Milwaukee!

6-4 now. This is crazy. Its nice to be in the playoffs.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 02:57 PM
Make it 6-4 Brewers.

Gotta be loving it at Coors right now.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:09 PM
Ubaldo Jimenez for the Rox has a no-hitter thru 4 with 9K's.

SINCE77 2
09-30-07, 03:09 PM
As a lifetime New Yorker, I don't like to see any of our teams fold like the Mets are doing. That being said, the Met fans did talk a lot of smack this season so they are getting what's coming to them.:D

NYIndian2005
09-30-07, 03:19 PM
Delgado left the game due to a broken hand. Man the season could not have ended in a more ................ty way if you are a Mets fan. haha.

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 03:23 PM
Ubaldo Jimenez for the Rox has a no-hitter thru 4 with 9K's.

I'm watching the game - Ubaldo has some arm. Between the young position players they have + Ubaldo/Franklin Morales/Manny Corpas - they have some bright future. No hitter through 5.

gregzzy22
09-30-07, 03:24 PM
Its funny because just the other day (friday) my friend and I were talking about how we shouldve purchased mets postseason tickets for retail to resell and pay for our yankee tickets so I'm pretty thankful we didnt. Just now, with 3 outs to go for them I'm starting to feel a little sorry but f*** it. All mets fans did was point their fingers and laugh and talk about the yankees payroll and blah blah blah and when the season is on the line, they lose 2 out 3 to a team thats what? about 100+ million under the mets payroll? Pathetic.

sujaan
09-30-07, 03:24 PM
Jimenez with a no-no through 5- but at 72 pitches though.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:25 PM
I'm watching the game - Ubaldo has some arm. Between the young position players they have + Ubaldo/Franklin Morales/Manny Corpas - they have some bright future. No hitter through 5.The way things are going, they could get to prove it in the playoffs THIS year.

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 03:30 PM
The way things are going, they could get to prove it in the playoffs THIS year.

The NL is better than most people are giving them credit for. The Phils and Rox can definitely put up a fight vs. the the AL. Heck even the D'Backs with Webb going twice/three times in a 3 game series can do damage. Not in love with the Cubs though.

jughead
09-30-07, 03:32 PM
The tears of Mets fans is like a refreshing summer rain :lol:

NYYDragoon
09-30-07, 03:34 PM
Dude, I feel kinda bad for the Mets and their fans. What a crazy collapse (if only the Sox could have followed suit...)

Yet I'm really happy for the Phillies. That stadium is exploding right now.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:35 PM
Phillies win the NL East.

Brew crew up 5.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:43 PM
The NL is better than most people are giving them credit for. The Phils and Rox can definitely put up a fight vs. the the AL. Heck even the D'Backs with Webb going twice/three times in a 3 game series can do damage. Not in love with the Cubs though.
Yes, they are. Phillies/Rockies would be the better of the 2 NL series if it happens, seeing as how they're the 2 hottest teams in the NL. The Padres are cooling a bit, so if they happened to get in, I think Philly could beat them. They have a formidable team and a very positive attitude.

The Zankees
09-30-07, 03:44 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k257/yonipics/2006-07-05-topper-mets.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k257/yonipics/nelson_ha_ha.jpg

26 and counting
09-30-07, 03:46 PM
Rockies have taken a 1-0 lead, and the Padres trail 9-4. Wow.

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 03:46 PM
HAHA, great post Zankees!!

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:47 PM
Colorado leads 1-0. Could be headed for a playoff tomorrow.

NewEraYanks2527
09-30-07, 03:48 PM
Dude, I feel kinda bad for the Mets and their fans. What a crazy collapse (if only the Sox could have followed suit...)

Yet I'm really happy for the Phillies. That stadium is exploding right now.

All I heard for most of the season from Met fans was "how about your Yankees... Maine is so much better than any starter on the Yanks...at least we are in first in our division...no way the Yankees make the playoffs."

So no, I don't feel bad at all. There is ONE team in New York, and they don't play in Shea.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 03:49 PM
Rockies have taken a 1-0 lead, and the Padres trail 9-4. Wow.
Gotta admit, this has been an exciting/historic final day of the season so far.

NYYDragoon
09-30-07, 03:53 PM
All I heard for most of the season from Met fans was "how about your Yankees... Maine is so much better than any starter on the Yanks...at least we are in first in our division...no way the Yankees make the playoffs."

So no, I don't feel bad at all. There is ONE team in New York, and they don't play in Shea.
Haha, well, the only reason I feel bad is because I have a few friends who are respectable Mets fans who are probably contemplating suicide as we speak. For them, I feel bad. But for Mr. "New York is an NL town" Wright, I can only grin uncontrollably.

I seem to recall someone saying, back in the beginning of the season, that the Phillies were the team to beat. Funny how things turn out :D.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 04:35 PM
Padres lose.

A Rockies win will now force a playoff game tomorrow.

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 04:36 PM
bottom of the 8th, 1st and 3rd no outs for Helton

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 04:40 PM
I incorrectly said before that the 1-game playoff would be in SD; that was for the NL West. The game would be in Denver tomorrow.

THEBOSS84
2-1 rox - no outs bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th. Playoffs will begin tomorrow this year!!

BonusCantos
Colorado takes the lead.

bannusvdk
09-30-07, 04:41 PM
Great relief job by murphy…

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 04:42 PM
4-1 rox, 2nd and 3rd no outs.

bannusvdk
4-1!!! This is great baseball.

BonusCantos
Well that should just about book it...playoff game in Colorado tomorrow.

THEBOSS84
09-30-07, 04:43 PM
I believe Peavy will be available to pitch for SD. I wonder who will pitch for the Rockies.

roblyo33
09-30-07, 04:45 PM
What network will carry the playoff game??

Spiker101
09-30-07, 04:45 PM
I can't remember when I rooted for a baseball team that wasn't the Yanks. It's kind of fun.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 04:46 PM
I believe Peavy will be available to pitch for SD. I wonder who will pitch for the Rockies.They pretty much have to start Peavy. The Rox might go with Josh Fogg or Franklin Morales (or Francis on very short rest?).

roblyo33
09-30-07, 04:50 PM
They pretty much have to start Peavy. The Rox might go with Josh Fogg or Franklin Morales (or Francis on very short rest?).

Bud Black said he wasn't starting Peavey today. He was saving him for a playoff or the opener of the DS.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 04:51 PM
Bud Black said he wasn't starting Peavey today. He was saving him for a playoff or the opener of the DS.I don't really agree with saving a guy for a Game 1 that might not even happen for them, but it's his call.

dogg
09-30-07, 04:52 PM
Haha, well, the only reason I feel bad is because I have a few friends who are respectable Mets fans who are probably contemplating suicide as we speak. For them, I feel bad. But for Mr. "New York is an NL town" Wright, I can only grin uncontrollably.

I seem to recall someone saying, back in the beginning of the season, that the Phillies were the team to beat. Funny how things turn out :D.

i want to call out every delusional dumbass who thinks New York is a NL city...since when?

roblyo33
09-30-07, 04:55 PM
i want to call out every delusional dumbass who thinks New York is a NL team...since when?

I believe that NY has both an NL and AL team

rodney27nyg
As a lifetime New Yorker, I don't like to see any of our teams fold like the Mets are doing. That being said, the Met fans did talk a lot of smack this season so they are getting what's coming to them.:D

I agree with this thinking. I always pull for my city. I want both teams to do well although, of course, the Yankees to do better;) .

The only problem I have with the Mets are their cocky smacktalking fans. Another group of fans (like Bostons) who have to try and upstage the Yankees success (failing miserably I might add) so that they can appear superior.

If Met fans would just leave the jealous insecurities to the Sox fans, they'd be much easier to pull for.

Lots of ex-Yankees are attached to the Mets and vice versa.

BonusCantos
Well now, the game in COL has taken a negative turn for the Rockies.

justinvarnes
2nd and 3rd 0 out....getting interesting!

dogg
09-30-07, 04:57 PM

my bad...just edited. ;)

Kluivert4Ever
09-30-07, 04:59 PM
Does it get more exciting than this?

Hobie
09-30-07, 04:59 PM
Colorado's lineup really surprised me...didn't follow them at all this year cept for todays game...they've got a handful of .300 25 hr guys...damn.

justinvarnes
09-30-07, 05:00 PM
This is why the WC is a good move....

Im' GRIPPED to the TV watching COL and ARI on the last day of the season. I've been wathcing all these NL races over the last week...

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 05:00 PM
Arizona gets 1, still down 2.

justinvarnes
09-30-07, 05:01 PM
what the hell was the guy on 3rd doing lolly-gagging down to home?

oh well, 4-2. 1 out, runner on 2nd.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 05:01 PM
This is why the WC is a good move....

Im' GRIPPED to the TV watching COL and ARI on the last day of the season. I've been wathcing all these NL races over the last week...Not to mention, this is great for Colorado baseball. Coors is packed right now.

bannusvdk
09-30-07, 05:02 PM
The WC is definitely a great thing (not just because it enabled the Yanks to make the playoffs this year, thats only some of it!).

Two outs!

justinvarnes
Grounded to 2nd, runner on 3rd, 2 out. 4-2 COL.

Hobie
Would be nice to not have to face Peavy and Young in the WS.

Kluivert4Ever
1 strike away!

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 05:03 PM
Ain't over yet.

Kluivert4Ever
09-30-07, 05:03 PM
4-3 now Colorado.

Damn.

bannusvdk
09-30-07, 05:04 PM
Nice piece of hitting there. Come on rockies, hold on!

Kluivert4Ever
Nice going Rox!

BonusCantos
Rockies survive, playoff game tomorrow!

BxBomber44
09-30-07, 05:05 PM
Not to mention, this is great for Colorado baseball. Coors is packed right now.

im at univ of colorado right now and after OU yesterday and this today, its pretty spectacular for colorado sports. keep in mind i'm from ny and then california.

Cheesyhoboe
09-30-07, 05:05 PM
Should be fun tomorrow.

justinvarnes
09-30-07, 05:07 PM
well, we all get to follow some baseball tomorrow!

Cap080279

not in the playoffs, we don't ;)

rodney27nyg
I'd rather the Padres advance. Colorado is a scary matchup for the Yanks.

roblyo33
09-30-07, 05:08 PM
not in the playoffs, we don't ;)

Yeah, somebdy mentioned that.

nnysiny
09-30-07, 05:08 PM
I'd rather the Padres advance. Colorado is a scary matchup for the Yanks.

thinking about the WS already?

Meecham4ever
09-30-07, 05:15 PM
I agree with this thinking. I always pull for my city. I want both teams to do well although, of course, the Yankees to do better;) .

The only problem I have with the Mets are their cocky smacktalking fans. Another group of fans (like Bostons) who have to try and upstage the Yankees success (failing miserably I might add) so that they can appear superior.

If Met fans would just leave the jealous insecurities to the Sox fans, they'd be much easier to pull for.

Lots of ex-Yankees are attached to the Mets and vice versa.

This really sucks for the Mets and their fans....I was hoping for a Subway Series...can't really think of a great rival over there besides the Mets.

I know many Met fans Rodney, as well as Sox fans, since I live in RI, on the Connecticutt line....I don't sense any jealous insecurities with most of my Met friends...and the Sawx and their fans lost all their insecurities in 2004...as we have just seen in the past week.

rodney27nyg
09-30-07, 05:22 PM
thinking about the WS already?

Well, not assuming but still preparing.

I was in the Army for 12 years (infantry) so, its a programmed thought process.

pinnacle1406
09-30-07, 05:26 PM
man.... I really wish the mets would have won.... just so I could have watched all the one game playoffs.... but I'll take the one tomorrow

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 05:27 PM
Josh Fogg will get the start for Colorado against Jake Peavy tomorrow.

Game time will be 7:37pm ET, looks like it'll be on TBS.

rodney27nyg
09-30-07, 05:30 PM
This really sucks for the Mets and their fans....I was hoping for a Subway Series...can't really think of a great rival over there besides the Mets.

I know many Met fans Rodney, as well as Sox fans, since I live in RI, on the Connecticutt line....I don't sense any jealous insecurities with most of my Met friends...and the Sawx and their fans lost all their insecurities in 2004...as we have just seen in the past week.

Most of the Met fans I "see" are on the internet since I live away from NY right now.

They really attacked Yankee message boards this year when they were in first and we were flailing (May, June).

A lot of the "We're taking back the city" type posts and vicious trolling that was uncalled for or unprovoked.

You probably have a better grasp than me since you deal with live people and I deal only with those on the internet looking for trouble.

philleotardo
09-30-07, 06:00 PM
Most of the Met fans I "see" are on the internet since I live away from NY right now.

They really attacked Yankee message boards this year when they were in first and we were flailing (May, June).

A lot of the "We're taking back the city" type posts and vicious trolling that was uncalled for or unprovoked.

You probably have a better grasp than me since you deal with live people and I deal only with those on the internet looking for trouble.
You don't "see" them as much because thyey have had nothing to fall back on. We won the only Subway Series, have dominated interleague and have made the postseason 13 straight years while they have missed several times. Believe me, they were insufferable in the 80's and I made it a point at the time to let them know when our time came and never let my foot up. As far as "taking back" the city, that's a joke. New York is the Yankees' town. Period. That goes beyond baseball. A Giants' Super Bowl, a Rangers' Stanley Cup....very exciting, but nothing brings New York to life like the Yankees winning the WS.

TheInfallibleOne
09-30-07, 07:05 PM

that someone was me

Abe Frohman
09-30-07, 07:14 PM
Those fightin Phils sure are ummm.... fightin. lol. seriously tho if there is any team i dont wanna face in a potential WS... its those damned Rockies... sheesh they dont let up. i think theyre the only NL team that can go toe to toe lineup-wise with us...

NYYDragoon
09-30-07, 07:53 PM
i want to call out every delusional dumbass who thinks New York is a NL city...since when?David Wright said it during Spring Training, I believe. I kinda chuckled.

Man, a 1-game playoff? This will be a sight to see.

BonusCantos
09-30-07, 08:02 PM
David Wright said it during Spring Training, I believe. I kinda chuckled.

Man, a 1-game playoff? This will be a sight to see. Been 8 years since the last one.

A Rockies/Phillies NLDS would be a far more interesting series than Cubs/D-Backs.

NYDCYankee
09-30-07, 10:24 PM
Thread stays useful for one more day.

spyglass
09-30-07, 10:35 PM
that someone was me
Jimmy Rollins, is that you? :P

JSG
09-30-07, 10:40 PM
steve phillips just picked the red sox to win it all. (gammons too, what a shocker).

so it's a lock: angels in 5.

frostdude1
09-30-07, 10:43 PM
ahaha for sure ... those guys are only behind Michael Kay when it comes to jinxing

PittsburghYankeeFan
09-30-07, 10:47 PM
steve phillips just picked the red sox to win it all. (gammons too, what a shocker).

Way to go Steve! What a bozo.

I'm sure he said their pitching "depth" has something to do with it. The Sox are deeply flawed pitching wise coming into the postseason, and wins at home against the dregs of the AL the last week of the season do not make it any better.

I'm going to look it up, but I think the Sox record against the current playoff teams for the 2nd half of the year is something like 5-10.

EDIT: I was correct at 5-10 (Cleveland 3-1, LAA 3-4, NYY 1-5).

themgmt
10-01-07, 09:10 AM
I may be wrong but I think Steve Phillips said the Mets wouldn't make the playoffs. Give him credit for that.

He also said the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs. Give him grief for that.

Seth
10-01-07, 10:30 AM
I may be wrong but I think Steve Phillips said the Mets wouldn't make the playoffs. Give him credit for that.
I won't give Phillips credit. The only reason he said the Mets won't make the playoffs, is like another poster said, Phillips is still bitter toward the Mets organization.

aeromac76
10-01-07, 10:37 AM

Spring training predictions are tough, but once the season rolls around and you start playing some games, you can make more intelligent predictions..
So looking at Phillips at around Aug 1st I recollect (paraphrasing here):

"The Yankees are playing the soft part of their schedule so you expect them to win games, but the schedule will get tougher. The Mariners will hang on to win the WC and the Tigers will also pass the Yankees. The Yankees will get no closer to 5 or 7 games of the Sox. No Yankees in this year's playoffs."

"The Mets are the class of the NL. They'll run away with the East with all the injuries to Philly's staff and are probably the safest bet to come out of the NL."

Don't quit your day job there buddy..

Mantle'sMutt
10-01-07, 10:42 AM
Spring training predictions are tough, but once the season rolls around and you start playing some games, you can make more intelligent predictions..

"The Yankees are playing the soft part of their schedule so you expect them to win games, but the schedule will get tougher. The Mariners will hang on to win the WC and the Tigers will also pass the Yankees. The Yankees will get no closer to 5 or 7 games of the Sox. No Yankees in this year's playoffs."

"The Mets are the class of the NL. They'll run away with the East with all the injuries to Philly's staff and are probably the safest bet to come out of the NL."

That IS his day job

ajra21
10-01-07, 10:44 AM

perhaps he should actually.

BonusCantos
10-01-07, 01:20 PM
The Padres/Rockies game was sold out early this morning, according to the Denver Post. I can feel the excitement.

cupcollector99
10-01-07, 01:42 PM
Saw my first AL East Champion t-shirt this morning. The guy that was wearing it pulled it over his ratty hoodie and wore a chewed up hat that was probably from the 70's and like a lot of Sox fans up here, he looked like he hasn't bathed in a few days. He probably got loaded during the last game, bought one at Fenway on his way home and slept it.

JSG
10-01-07, 03:03 PM
red sox rotation, if anyone cares. beckett >> dicey K >> schilling

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3045017

R.V.47
10-01-07, 03:04 PM

No surprises there, although I wouldve thought Dice K would be third.

JSG
10-01-07, 03:20 PM
No surprises there, although I wouldve thought Dice K would be third.

me too. apparently they want to give the old man a little more rest and also line him up better for the ALCS. also puts him in the stopper game on the road, which may make sense.

PittsburghYankeeFan
10-01-07, 03:26 PM
me too. apparently they want to give the old man a little more rest and also line him up better for the ALCS. also puts him in the stopper game on the road, which may make sense.

Beckett versus Lackey--Sox may win, by very little.

Matz versus Escobar---Angels win, by a lot.

Schilling versus Weaver--Angels also win, by a lot.

Beckett versus Lackey rematch--Angels take it.

Angels 3-1. ESPN has a black shroud as a backdrop for BBTN for the rest of the season.

spyglass
10-01-07, 03:29 PM
Here's a thought that just came to me.

If the Padres lose tonight, there will be postseason without Glavine, Smoltz, or Maddux. That hasn't happened in... I can't even think about how long. I'm pretty sure I was only six or seven years old at the time though.

JSG
10-01-07, 04:00 PM
Here's a thought that just came to me.

If the Padres lose tonight, there will be postseason without Glavine, Smoltz, or Maddux. That hasn't happened in... I can't even think about how long. I'm pretty sure I was only six or seven years old at the time though.

right, and the NYY will also be the ONLY team in that was also in the mix last year ............ a bit of a double-take there ............ !!! .............

Sam18
10-01-07, 04:41 PM

Coincidently thats also the sox man train position.

JeterForPresident
10-01-07, 04:50 PM

LOL...:clap:

LuisTiant
10-01-07, 04:59 PM
Beckett versus Lackey--Sox may win, by very little.

Matz versus Escobar---Angels win, by a lot.

Schilling versus Weaver--Angels also win, by a lot.

Beckett versus Lackey rematch--Angels take it.

Angels 3-1. ESPN has a black shroud as a backdrop for BBTN for the rest of the season.

I like how you think. But I think game 1 may not be close. Lackey has been a disaster at Fenway.

But then again, if we play that game:

Wang vs CC--Indians

Pettitte vs. Carmona--gotta love Andy, but it's close.

Clemens/Moose vs. Byrd--I like the Tribe, esp if it's Moose

Moose/Hughes vs. Westbrook -- Yanks crush Westbrook.

Wang vs CC-- CC "Cy" Sabathia finishes it off

Guess that's why it happens on the field.

JeterForPresident
10-01-07, 05:03 PM
I like how you think. But I think game 1 may not be close. Lackey has been a disaster at Fenway.

Wang vs CC--Indians

If we are playing this game, how about Yankees take the series in 2 games?

On a more serious note, I believe the Red Sox/Angels series will be a good series, I think both teams will give it all out there and make for exciting baseball.

SINCE77 2
10-01-07, 05:20 PM

Wang vs CC--Indians

The Sox will kill the Angels imo. Not even close. Yankees will win as well. See you in the ALCS once again to see who gets to face the Cubs.:P

rodney27nyg
10-01-07, 05:40 PM

hahaha.:D

So which of those guys comes up with the "phantom" knee injury during the playoffs?

Maybe the clubhouse floor has carpeting and they'll only have "rug burns".;)

spyglass
10-01-07, 06:37 PM
Alright, here we go.

Great to see Coors filled up and excited like this.

NYDCYankee
10-01-07, 06:48 PM
Rox are so gonna win this game.

spyglass
10-01-07, 06:55 PM
1-0 Rox, 1 out and runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Let's go Rockies!

NYDCYankee
10-01-07, 06:57 PM
So this is the best pitcher in the NL?

SINCE77 2
10-01-07, 06:57 PM
Rox are so gonna win this game.

I agree. This is a team that plays greater than the sum of its parts.

spyglass
10-01-07, 07:13 PM
Rockies definitely are gonna win this game.

Go Rox!

susieb8020
10-01-07, 07:25 PM
Rockies definitely are gonna win this game.

Go Rox!

Not so sure about that - Grand Slam by Adrian Gonzalez and it's 4-3 Padres.

Giddyup5
10-01-07, 07:28 PM
5-3 padres

b_joseph
10-01-07, 07:32 PM
Cal and Ernie Johnson in the studio..TBS done good!

Peavy will be lights out from here on out.

spyglass
10-01-07, 07:34 PM
Helton HR.

5-4 Rockies.

rodney27nyg
10-01-07, 07:35 PM
The rockies swept boston in fenway and beat us 2 out of 3 at coors.

Go Pads.

spyglass
10-01-07, 08:00 PM
The Rockies are going to walk off against Trevor Hoffman.

iWant27
10-01-07, 08:02 PM
The rockies swept boston in fenway and beat us 2 out of 3 at coors.

Go Pads.

i think they swept the yankees at coors this year .

rodney27nyg
10-01-07, 08:38 PM
i think they swept the yankees at coors this year .

You're right!:eek:

Definitely GO PADS!:(

sweet_lou_14
10-01-07, 11:10 PM
The Rockies are going to walk off against Trevor Hoffman.

Believe it.

sweet_lou_14
10-01-07, 11:14 PM
Now tied with the winning run on third.

It's funny, Trevor Hoffman has 524 saves and I haven't seen any of them. Maybe that's because I only watch him in games that matter.

Mariano he ain't.

spyglass
10-01-07, 11:15 PM
Believe it. I would just like to say that I called it.

sweet_lou_14
10-01-07, 11:17 PM
I would just like to say that I called it.

You beat me to it, but huge props to you. :D

jbauer2485
10-01-07, 11:21 PM
He never touched the plate!

sweet_lou_14
10-01-07, 11:24 PM

That's OK, since the ball over the fence earlier in the game wasn't called a home run when it was.

cid

nope...never touched. bad call.

JSG
i thought tim mc clelland behind the plate called an incredibly good game. notable with all the funky strike zones we've seen. hoffman had nothing at all.

Game4Tino
10-01-07, 11:27 PM
I'd say that puts an end to the myth that Hoffman is on the level of Rivera. He ain't even close and Mo is about to add some to his legacy. Cut the music AC/DC!!

Oh, and Holiday was OUT at the plate. Horrible job by McClelland there. I think the Pods have a case and they should let it be known.

Abe Frohman
Hoffman was pure garbage tonight... but Holliday never touched up... crappy call. that Phillies rox matchup is gonna be good...

nnysiny
even though he didnt touch home plate, Hoffman wouldve blown it eventually

BonusCantos
10-01-07, 11:28 PM
I'd say that puts an end to the myth that Hoffman is on the level of Rivera. He ain't even close and Mo is about to add some to his legacy. Cut the music AC/DC!!
I think the myth was over a long time ago.

M&MD are going to tee off on him big time.

SuperMariano42
10-01-07, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by jbauer2485

That's OK, since the ball over the fence earlier in the game wasn't called a home run when it was.

Exactly... Karma came back around

bostonyankeefan
10-01-07, 11:33 PM
Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and this was proven again tonight. What a game.

SuperMariano42
10-01-07, 11:35 PM
Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and this was proven again tonight. What a game

that's funny, i just sent my brother a text message saying essentially the same thing. Nothin beats playoff baseball.

rodney27nyg
10-01-07, 11:42 PM
sorry but.....THAT SUCKED!!!:mad:

I mean...great game, bad results (if we and the rox make the series, I mean).

Their hitting is scary good.

I'm skerd:( :D

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-01-07, 11:42 PM
You're right!:eek:

Definitely GO PADS!:(

They swept us when we sucked and couldnt do anything right. If the Yankees play like they did in the second half they can beat anybody. If they dont then it doesnt matter who they play, they will likely lose regardless.

rodney27nyg
10-01-07, 11:47 PM
They swept us when we sucked and couldnt do anything right. If the Yankees play like they did in the second half they can beat anybody. If they dont then it doesnt matter who they play, they will likely lose regardless.

Not true, JRS. They swept us when we were red hot.:(

We had won 14 of 17 (with a 9 game winning streak in there)and had just swept the D'bax, took 2 of 3 from both the red sox and mets.

JeterRodriguezSheff
10-01-07, 11:50 PM
Not true, JRS. They swept us when we were red hot.:(

We had won 14 of 17 (with a 9 game winning streak in there)and had just swept the D'bax, took 2 of 3 from both the red sox and mets.

It was the start of our cold streak. Just because we were hot before that series doesnt mean we were hot during it. To put is simply I remember the team making a lot of stupid mistakes and just not playing the game right. I stand by my opinion, if this team plays like it can it will beat anybody, if they dont they will likely lose to any of their prospective opponents.

JeterForPresident
10-01-07, 11:52 PM
We can't be afraid of anyone we play. We need to go and do what we are capable of. Our lineup is scary, our pitching can be scary, let the other teams be scared. WE ARE THE YANKEES!

sweet_lou_14
10-01-07, 11:59 PM
We can't be afraid of anyone we play. We need to go and do what we are capable of. Our lineup is scary, our pitching can be scary, let the other teams be scared. WE ARE THE YANKEES!

Amen.

I look forward to having the problem where the Yanks are in the World Series and have to find a way to beat whatever NL team makes it.

The Zankees
10-02-07, 12:04 AM
rofl @ todd helton commenting "I have no idea how we won that ballgame" with a look like he just won the lottery.

rodney27nyg
10-02-07, 01:12 AM
It was the start of our cold streak. Just because we were hot before that series doesnt mean we were hot during it. To put is simply I remember the team making a lot of stupid mistakes and just not playing the game right. I stand by my opinion, if this team plays like it can it will beat anybody, if they dont they will likely lose to any of their prospective opponents.

Good points. I remember those disasters now.

And I also think that we can beat anybody when we're on our game.;)

rodney27nyg
10-02-07, 01:16 AM

True, and I'm not really.:P

But I wouldn't kick a better matchup out of bed, either.;)

The Angels are a bad matchup for us but that doesn't mean we aren't a better team than they are.

The Rocks appear to be a bad match with us. But, like JRS reminded us, we were playing braindead in that stretch, so...

JeterForPresident
10-02-07, 01:23 AM
True, and I'm not really.:P

But I wouldn't kick a better matchup out of bed, either.;)

The Angels are a bad matchup for us but that doesn't mean we aren't a better team than they are.

The Rocks appear to be a bad match with us. But, like JRS reminded us, we were playing braindead in that stretch, so...

Understood, just trying pump myself up more than anything. We have had it so rough in the playoffs, I just want to win every game 10-0 and score all the runs in the first few innings and just be able to relax.

MassNYYfan
10-02-07, 11:43 AM

Can't blame 'em. After 162 games, you deserve to let loose.

You did have to laugh at the spraying champagne into the crowd thing, though. Especially the shot of Beckett spraying a section that includes about 10 kids (not that all haven't been ................-faced drunk by the time they're 10 anyway, but I digress).

JSG
10-02-07, 04:23 PM
FYI REPORTED A FEW HOURS AGO RED SOX ARE LEAVING WAKEFIELD OFF THE FIRST ROUND ROSTER -- BAD BACK

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/news/story?id=3046494

iWant27
10-02-07, 04:31 PM

Yankees lineup is not all that scary against a good lefty and Yankees pitching is surely not scary .

hellonewman
10-02-07, 04:33 PM
FYI REPORTED A FEW HOURS AGO RED SOX ARE LEAVING WAKEFIELD OFF THE FIRST ROUND ROSTER -- BAD BACK

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/news/story?id=3046494Guess we know now why they wanted the long series.

THEBOSS84
10-02-07, 05:51 PM
Off topic: is Chicago known as a baseball town or a football town?

nyyfanatic85
10-02-07, 05:58 PM
Off topic: is Chicago known as a baseball town or a football town?

I would say a baseball town.

JeterForPresident
10-02-07, 06:50 PM
Yankees lineup is not all that scary against a good lefty and Yankees pitching is surely not scary .

The Yankees lineup is scary no matter what, and if you don't think Wang, Pettitte, and Clemens, if all on top of their game isn't a dominating 1-3 then I don't know what you are looking for. Also, I'd be scared of Joba and Mo, which can make a game a 6-7 inning game instead of 9.

sweet_lou_14
10-02-07, 07:30 PM

Other than CC Sabathia, the Yankees might not see a "good lefty" the rest of the way. The only other "good lefty" on the four AL teams is Andy Pettitte. And it's way too early to worry about any of the NL teams.

PittsburghYankeeFan
10-02-07, 07:44 PM

Wang vs CC--Indians

LT (PS, I played a golf hole with you a few years ago, you're a cool guy):

Sabathia versus Wang: CC is tired (most IP ever in his career) versus Wang (not sure what to expect after September). Not the duel we expect, but ARod takes over and the Yankees win something like 6-3.

Pettite versus Carmona: Could be a repeat of regular season. Yankees 6-2.

Clemens versus Byrd: Clemens gives his usual 5-6 IP with 0 ER on 3 weeks rest. BP tries to blow it, but Joba saves the day. Yankees 6-4.

Yankees win 3-0.

Then again, the Yankees could pull a Detroit and get swept...that's why we play the games.

AndThenThereWasTino
10-02-07, 08:03 PM
Understood, just trying pump myself up more than anything. We have had it so rough in the playoffs, I just want to win every game 10-0 and score all the runs in the first few innings and just be able to relax.
We stop winning after game 3 of the World Seires? ;)