PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49

ajra21
09-20-07, 04:24 PM
just realised that we have the fourth best record in baseball. we're better than every single NL club who have to play against some god awful teams everyday.

Johnny O
09-20-07, 04:48 PM
But will they be without him next week?

Report was he has a more than mild groing strain and will likely be shut down for the season.

JSG
09-20-07, 04:57 PM
My prediction, we go 2-2 against Toronto and Boston goes 2-1 against Tampa.

We are 2 games back entering the final 6 games of the season, we go 4-2 against the O´s and Devil Rays while Boston goes 3-3 versus Minnesota and Oakland.

Leaving us one game short of the division title.

we have had some good success vs TOR and seem to win all the series this year ......... so i am hoping we can push it to 3-1 ............ 2-1 vs TB ......... and another sweep vs the hapless O's ............ boston is in a free fall with players out and pitching compromised so where even 3 days ago the div seemed out of reach, who knows ............ cheers

RIYankee23
09-20-07, 05:08 PM
The bold is from Snatch Catch (to avoid any confusion)

Since when do team's entire rotation count in a 5 game series?

It means the Angels have a better #3 starter for game 3 and have a valuable asset in Saunders to add to their middle relief.

I'll take Incorrect Assumptions for $500 Alex. Look up Scot Shields numbers this year. Here, I'll help:

He has a 4.50 ERA against the Yankees. Since the All-Star break he has an 8.41 ERA. But hey, he's scary!

Also, while he certainly has performed well against the Yankees, K-Rod has a 4.01 ERA since the All-Star break.

By contrast, take a look at Rafael Betancourt and Rafael Perez. They DWARF anything that Shields and K-Rod have done this year, and Perez is a lefty. I know, I know, their names aren't as big and scary, but trust me, they're really good!

Ok let's place both Rafael brother in the HOF based on one good year. How about we see how they handle the postseason pressure first? Shields and Krod have a proven track record both in the playoffs and against the Yankees.

The fear of the Indians is by no means irrational. It is justified by looking at what they've done as a team, how their roster is constructed, how healthy their players are, and how they've been playing. More than anything else, it's a recognition of just how good they are, which is something others are refusing to see simply because of what has happened historically with the Angels. I've only said that the Indians are not a step down or an easier bet than the Angels. To not acknowledge that is a matter of believing in curses and jinxes. "Oh no, they have our number!" As The Zankees said, the Yankees lost the game 5 to Anaheim. They didn't get beaten as much as they beat themselves. Sheff and Bubba aren't going to collide in the OF in 2007.

I hope the Yanks play the Indians and sweep them, but I won't act like they're a better option than the Angels.

I never said the Indians would be a walk in the park, I just think that they would be a better matchup for the Yankees. I think the Angels are the better team from top to bottom despite the recent Indians hot streak. The Yankees match up better against the Tribe and it sure doesn't hurt that the Indians haven't been there before. Sounds like you been listening to Jim Rome since you guys have both jumped on the Indians bandwagon.

RIYankee23
09-20-07, 05:11 PM
My prediction, we go 2-2 against Toronto and Boston goes 2-1 against Tampa.

We are 2 games back entering the final 6 games of the season, we go 4-2 against the O´s and Devil Rays while Boston goes 3-3 versus Minnesota and Oakland.

Leaving us one game short of the division title.

What happened Klu??? I thought you were one of the few from the very beginning who never lost hope for the division and now you got us coming up one game short?? What gives??

BTW: We took 2 out of 3 in Toronto, we can definately take 3 out of 4 from these guys. They're in third place for a reason.

The Yankees will win the AL East.

sweet_lou_14
09-20-07, 05:13 PM
What happened Klu??? I thought you were one of the few from the very beginning who never lost hope for the division and now you got us coming up one game short?? What gives??

Klu hasn't made an upbeat prediction in weeks.

http://www.humblemoney.com/pics/eeyore2.jpg

Sam18
09-20-07, 05:13 PM

I think he predicted wild card for the Yankees and is pissed he might be wrong.

JSG
09-20-07, 05:15 PM
I'll take Incorrect Assumptions for $500 Alex. Look up Scot Shields numbers this year. Here, I'll help:

He has a 4.50 ERA against the Yankees. Since the All-Star break he has an 8.41 ERA. But hey, he's scary!

i am pretty sure i saw on one of these threads yesterday that scott shields has been shut down for the rest of the season. i know he had not been performing well and had been spelled for a while, but there may be news on this one. i don't have the exact cite or i would give it.

hellonewman
09-20-07, 05:25 PM
i am pretty sure i saw on one of these threads yesterday that scott shields has been shut down for the rest of the season. i know he had not been performing well and had been spelled for a while, but there may be news on this one. i don't have the exact cite or i would give it.James Shields of Tampa Bay has been shut down because he reached his innings cap. I am not aware of Scot Shields having been shut down, although I know he's had his problems of late.

metalyank
09-20-07, 05:26 PM
Wrong - we would be in first by .5.

Think about it, it's a 2 game swing. we would have one less loss than we do now and one more win, while the sox would have one more loss and one less win.
Must be all that slurpee --> brain freeze. :eek:

roblyo33
09-20-07, 05:39 PM
But will they be without him next week?

Very possibly. They're saying he could be done for the year but, the official word is the proverbial "day to day".

JSG
09-20-07, 05:52 PM
James Shields of Tampa Bay has been shut down because he reached his innings cap. I am not aware of Scot Shields having been shut down, although I know he's had his problems of late.

OK thanks, i just saw the last name and assumed wrong ........... THANKS !!

PS ............ yeah, i remember it was a miami herald article someone posted re shields ......... i couldn't pull it up but remember thinking, why was the miami herald running an article about the angels' reliever ............ D'OH .... !!!!!!

Sam18
09-20-07, 05:58 PM
You guys want more laughs? Read this thread from July..they were a bit more happy back then. :D

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=20297&st=100

frostdude1
09-20-07, 06:03 PM
Peter Abraham is live on Sportscenter right now !!!

Sam18
09-20-07, 06:17 PM
Peter Abraham is live on Sportscenter right now !!!

He fits on the entire screen?

hellonewman
09-20-07, 06:26 PM
You guys want more laughs? Read this thread from July..they were a bit more happy back then. :D

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=20297&st=100Screw every one of those amateur goat humpers.

When they started whining about NYYFans being too restrictive, the unintentional comedy meter exploded.

ajra21
09-20-07, 06:29 PM

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=20297&st=100

check out the signature of Foulkey Reese. i am totally amazed that this can be allowed.

frostdude1
09-20-07, 06:33 PM
He fits on the entire screen?

they had him and shaughnessy on split screen and I was like 'aaahhh' :lol:

hellonewman
09-20-07, 06:41 PM
check out the signature of Foulkey Reese. i am totally amazed that this can be allowed.They seem to be very frequent and casual with Hitler references over there. They're the intellectual elite, you know! :uhh:

ajra21
09-20-07, 06:46 PM
They seem to be very frequent and casual with Hitler references over there. They're the intellectual elite, you know! :uhh:

am i mssing something then? not being from boston, is there a lot of anti-jewish feeling?

or are they just completely stupid?

False1
09-20-07, 07:02 PM
check out the signature of Foulkey Reese. i am totally amazed that this can be allowed.I got a charge out of this sig too...

"We are the town with Manny Ramírez, Tom Brady, Kevin Garnett, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Randy Moss, Ray Allen, Curt Schilling, Bill Belichick, Paul Pierce, David Ortiz, Adalius Thomas, Jonathan Papelbon, Tedy Bruschi, Josh Beckett, Rodney Harrison, Jason Varitek, Richard Seymour, and Eric Gagne. We have reasonable expectations of a World Series, a Super Bowl, and the NBA Finals. There never has been a better time to be a sports fan in Boston."If these are the names that will evoke thoughts of the best EVER for your hometown, then... wow. Just wow. At least have the ounce of self-respect necessary to scratch Gagne off that list fer cryin out loud.

Yankees13
09-20-07, 07:06 PM
I got a charge out of this sig too...

If these are the names that will evoke thoughts of the best EVER for your hometown, then... wow. Just wow. At least have the ounce of self-respect necessary to scratch Gagne off that list fer cryin out loud.
Seriously. Half of the names are washed up or just not that good.

False1
09-20-07, 07:07 PM
Seriously. Half of the names are washed up or just not that good.Sprinkled in with cheaters and malcontents and a guy that hasn't worn a Boston uniform yet.

Yankees13
09-20-07, 07:13 PM
am i mssing something then? not being from boston, is there a lot of anti-jewish feeling?

or are they just completely stupid?
Well they pretty much hate anyone who isn't a WASP, Italian or (pains me to say it) Irish. Last team to intergrate, their greatest ever basketball player recieved death threats and had his property constantly vandalized because he was black, all kinds of racial riots, and from what friends have told me still not a comfortable place to be if your skin isn't the right color. Even the makeup of the current Red Sox roster is interesting. But I digress...

Yankees13
09-20-07, 07:23 PM
Sprinkled in with cheaters and malcontents and a guy that hasn't worn a Boston uniform yet.
Manny Ramírez- granted, top 25 hitter of all time, but the off the field stuff and the fact that he's a one-dimensional player means you shouldn't necessarily be beaming with pride that he plays for you.
Tom Brady- Peyton's better
Kevin Garnett- Hasn't even played a game for the Celtics
Daisuke Matsuzaka- so-so first season, big name, but not big performance
Randy Moss- Let's see how this ends
Ray Allen- Washed up
Curt Schilling- see above
Bill Belichick- Cheater
Paul Pierce- Not as good as he once was, nothing special, just your typical 2/3 on a bad team.
David Ortiz- No argument here
Adalius Thomas- Good player, but the fact that he makes this list should show that you're reaching
Jonathan Papelbon- Not so hot lately huh?
Tedy Bruschi- Most overrated defensive player in the NFL probably
Josh Beckett- Great this year, but everyone wanted to run him out of town last year
Rodney Harrison- Cheater, dirty player
Jason Varitek- We're including 245 hitters on this list now?
Richard Seymour- Hurt and washed up
Eric Gagne- No argument here, great pitcher... for the Yankees.

rodney27nyg
09-20-07, 07:32 PM
Screw every one of those amateur goat humpers.

When they started whining about NYYFans being too restrictive, the unintentional comedy meter exploded.

You don't have to insult them.:mad:

They're PROFESSIONAL goat humpers.;)

Kluivert4Ever
09-20-07, 07:35 PM

BTW: We took 2 out of 3 in Toronto, we can definately take 3 out of 4 from these guys. They're in third place for a reason.

The Yankees will win the AL East.

I have said from day one that we would win the world series, check the "Will we make the playoff poll".

But I never said anything about the division;)

I dont care about it, I care about the World Series.

Now, considering we were down 14 ˝ games, taking the division from Boston this year would be sweet I agree, but like I said I never said anything about us winning the division, just winning the Championship;)

rodney27nyg
09-20-07, 07:35 PM
check out the signature of Foulkey Reese. i am totally amazed that this can be allowed.

What? This one? I actually thought it was one of the tamer ones.:(

"
"JD Drew is the biggest c*nt on God's green earth. I'd rather watch Hitler f*ck my wife on our rabbi's desk than ever see him in a Sox uniform again." - RSN Diaspora

"It just made him look even more stupid doing that," said Pedroia, Boston's rookie second baseman. "I was hoping he stayed in the game. I was just concentrating on hitting another line drive off him." - Dustin Pedroia after Daniel Cabrera threw behind his head

Joba attempted murder victims: Kevin Youkilis, Kevin Youkilis, Jacoby Ellsbury"
<!-- THE POST -->

trapper700
09-20-07, 08:03 PM
I got a charge out of this sig too...

If these are the names that will evoke thoughts of the best EVER for your hometown, then... wow. Just wow. At least have the ounce of self-respect necessary to scratch Gagne off that list fer cryin out loud.

Manny Ramírez- granted, top 25 hitter of all time, but the off the field stuff and the fact that he's a one-dimensional player means you shouldn't necessarily be beaming with pride that he plays for you.
Tom Brady- Peyton's better
Kevin Garnett- Hasn't even played a game for the Celtics
Daisuke Matsuzaka- so-so first season, big name, but not big performance
Randy Moss- Let's see how this ends
Ray Allen- Washed up
Curt Schilling- see above
Bill Belichick- Cheater
Paul Pierce- Not as good as he once was, nothing special, just your typical 2/3 on a bad team.
David Ortiz- No argument here
Adalius Thomas- Good player, but the fact that he makes this list should show that you're reaching
Jonathan Papelbon- Not so hot lately huh?
Tedy Bruschi- Most overrated defensive player in the NFL probably
Josh Beckett- Great this year, but everyone wanted to run him out of town last year
Rodney Harrison- Cheater, dirty player
Jason Varitek- We're including 245 hitters on this list now?
Richard Seymour- Hurt and washed up
Eric Gagne- No argument here, great pitcher... for the Yankees.

off topic, but...

I'm not a fan of Boston sports as much as just about anyone on these forums, but I have to disagree with everything there except for Varitek, Gagne and Daisuke.

Everyone else is either a good/great player or coach. Give them some credit. Can people really say that they don't have a shot at the three championships he listed? As much as I hate to say it, I think they do. Comparatively, the Jets/Giants/Knicks are horrendous.

JeterForPresident
09-20-07, 08:15 PM
Anyone else going through withdrawals tonight? No Yanks, no scoreboard watching, what a terrible day.

teknetic
09-20-07, 08:42 PM
Thursday off days are the worst. At least on Monday there's some half decent shows being played on TV if you're at home :(

bostonyankeefan
09-20-07, 09:32 PM
Anyone else going through withdrawals tonight? No Yanks, no scoreboard watching, what a terrible day.

Issue solved. Last year someone on this forum recommended a DVD set that was on sale: 1996-2001 Yankees World Series. Selected full games and 2 bonus disks. I watched some of the 2000 Series highlights, the Jeter flip play in 2001 (I still don't know how or why he was there), and then I popped in the 2001 World Series Game 4 disk and watched the last few innings.

For those who missed it, with two outs in the 9th and the Yanks down 3-1, Tino smacked a game tieing homer to right center. In the 10th, the Captain ended it with a line drive homer down the line in right. What an emotional game.

I look forward to experiencing some of that magic again this year.

trapper700
09-20-07, 09:39 PM
Thursday off days are the worst. At least on Monday there's some half decent shows being played on TV if you're at home :(

well, the office is back starting next week, at least (too bad the regular season's ending). nbc thursdays are great with the full lineup.

RIYankee23
09-20-07, 10:13 PM
off topic, but...

I'm not a fan of Boston sports as much as just about anyone on these forums, but I have to disagree with everything there except for Varitek, Gagne and Daisuke.

Everyone else is either a good/great player or coach. Give them some credit. Can people really say that they don't have a shot at the three championships he listed? As much as I hate to say it, I think they do. Comparatively, the Jets/Giants/Knicks are horrendous.

The Celtics will compete with the Cavs to make the Finals but neither of them has a serious shot of beating the West.

In terms on the the Pats, they are one team I respect, the Red Sox are a different story.

TheJobaRules
09-20-07, 10:17 PM
Man, it's pretty pathetic that it's come down to pulling out ninth inning rallys against the Florida Marlins to avoid a collapse in the division.

Kings of NY they are not!

The Q Bomb
09-20-07, 10:19 PM
Man, it's pretty pathetic that it's come down to pulling out ninth inning rallys against the Florida Marlins to avoid a collapse in the division.

Kings of NY they are not! Damn the stupid Marlins! I wish Girardi were still managing them - at least for this series.

BonusCantos
09-20-07, 10:37 PM

Kings of NY they are not!
Tie game in Florida. Mets get 4 in the 9th, Fish get 3.

DJ27
09-20-07, 10:39 PM
The Celtics will compete with the Cavs to make the Finals but neither of them has a serious shot of beating the West.

In terms on the the Pats, they are one team I respect, the Red Sox are a different story.

We really go off task when the Yanks don't play huh!! ;) ;) ;)

TheJobaRules
09-20-07, 10:39 PM
Tie game in Florida. Mets get 4 in the 9th, Fish get 3.

This Met team, I'll tell ya.

Jorge Sosa? :eek:

Espinosa's Glasses
09-20-07, 10:43 PM
Does Willie get the a-hole of the night award?
Jorge Sosa^?^?^

spyglass
09-20-07, 10:52 PM
New York Mess. Yikes.

Espinosa's Glasses
09-20-07, 11:04 PM
He really should be as good as fired.
Unless I missed something.
Is Wagner hurt?
And how do you send Sosa back out there in the 10th...
Wow... AGAF.

Abe Frohman
09-20-07, 11:05 PM
seriously, the METS are done... toast !!!!!!! u can see it in all their faces. they dont have the fire they had last year. and quick sidenote, wouldnt mind seeing Hanley Ramirez in a yankee uniform as Jeter begins to gracefully decline. the Kid is the goods and itd be great to show Boston what they threw away.

Espinosa's Glasses
09-20-07, 11:12 PM
LMAO. I'm actually having fun watching baseball on the night off.
Aaron Miles in pitching for the Cardinals now.
He has the best ERA of any reliever in the game giving up 2 ER in 1 IP.

BonusCantos
09-20-07, 11:17 PM
That was some choke by the Mets tonight. A great 9th inning rally wasted.

Panamaniac42
09-20-07, 11:21 PM
Thanks to the Phils and the Fish for giving me some entertainment on an off-day.

TheJobaRules
09-20-07, 11:30 PM
He really should be as good as fired.
Unless I missed something.
Is Wagner hurt?
And how do you send Sosa back out there in the 10th...
Wow... AGAF.

I was stunned he sent Sosa out for the 10th. He had absolutely nothing tonight. He was gassed from the get-go. Quite sad that their top prospect Phil Humber rots away watching in the bullpen while Willie burns out Sosa, Mota, and Schoenweiss.

hellonewman
09-20-07, 11:42 PM
I was stunned he sent Sosa out for the 10th. He had absolutely nothing tonight. He was gassed from the get-go. Quite sad that their top prospect Phil Humber rots away watching in the bullpen while Willie burns out Sosa, Mota, and Schoenweiss.His unshakeable faith in Mota, whose success last year was obviously roid-related, is the most puzzling thing. People get on Torre, but even Torre eventually figured out that Farnsworth sucks.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-21-07, 12:53 AM
That collapse was :eek: I couldn't believe it. What a punch in the gut for Mets fans.

Not that I'm upset. I wouldn't mind hearing Mets fans silenced come this post-season, so the real NY team gets covered the way it should.

rodney27nyg
09-21-07, 01:07 AM
This is great. you guys need to hear this.

Yankee fan vs Red Sox fan

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=3029391

THEBOSS84
09-21-07, 01:17 AM
We need the Angels and Indians to clinch as soon as possible. If they start resting players here and there they may lose some games which may allow us to finish with the best record.

Dynasties R Forever
09-21-07, 01:43 AM
We need the Angels and Indians to clinch as soon as possible. If they start resting players here and there they may lose some games which may allow us to finish with the best record.

That would be quite sick. :)

FtheSox&RallyMonkey
09-21-07, 01:43 AM
They won't rest their players until they clinch homefield.

Sam18
09-21-07, 03:38 AM
You know what's better than reading sosh threads? This thread:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=96526&page=60

JeterForPresident
09-21-07, 03:41 AM

Wow, lots of crow eaters over there.

Sam18
09-21-07, 03:44 AM
Wow, lots of crow eaters over there.

Not really, half are sox trolls and half are people who will sh*t on the team even if they win the WS.

yanksphan
09-21-07, 07:07 AM

He talks to Erin Andrews after the Yankee fan - she's a Sox fan!!! :eek:

Man, she used to be hot.

StatenIslandYankee
09-21-07, 07:20 AM
We need the Angels and Indians to clinch as soon as possible. If they start resting players here and there they may lose some games which may allow us to finish with the best record.Doubt they would let up

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-21-07, 07:54 AM
He talks to Erin Andrews after the Yankee fan - she's a Sox fan!!! :eek:

Man, she used to be hot.

Erin's problem is her dad , having her grow up watching the Red Sux. I was born in Mass, My Dad was smart, Brain washed me telling me the red Sux couldn't beat the Yankees. wala Hugh Yankee fan now since 1976, Thanks Dad :D

Dynasties R Forever
09-21-07, 08:21 AM

Oh, the memories. :eek:

JSG
09-21-07, 09:03 AM
New York Mess. Yikes.

i'm sure there is a baseball morality play in here somewhere. the golden boys of april, the mets and red sox, destined of course to meet each other in a 1986 redux WS, are bloodied and battered (and for the red sox, batless) and limping backwards towards the finish line. those bums of april and may, whose GM was on a big hook and whose manager was a moron and should have been fired years ago if george weren't overmedicated, are starting to put it all together and play like champions. jeter keeps reminding us, though we always keep forgetting it, that baseball is a 162-game season, or in the case of leap years like 1978, 163.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-21-07, 09:17 AM
Oh, the memories. :eek:

Schitling38 Did he have anything right ? :roflmao:

TheJobaRules
09-21-07, 09:26 AM

The funniest part is when Erin Andrews talks about all the respect she has for Jeter and Posada....it sounds like Simmons wants to cry. lol

Nuke LaLoosh
09-21-07, 10:28 AM

my favorite Schitling38 post (with comments added for my own enjoyment)

<HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
"i want to blow it up now for several reasons

1) they will not make the playoffs (wrong)

2) not making the playoffs with a 200 million payroll is embarassing (wrong again)

3) they aren't having fun (see Shelly Duncan breaking forearms, see Cano and Melky's funky celebrations with A-Rod after every blast, see the whole pitching staff line the bullpen to watch Joba do his thing, see the Yankees having LOTS of fun)

4) its not fun to watch the product - they dont play fundamental baseball, the fielding is below average (see cano on saturday and matsui yesterday), they dont move runners, and they never do anything but walk and wait for a 3 run homer (uh pretty much guaranteed to the whole league in runs and currently leading in AVG, SLG and OBP and 7th in stolen bases which I think is kind of fun. Also 6th in AL FPCT, 4th league wide in DPs turned, and only five teams have committed fewer then our 83 errors to date)"

Reggievision
09-21-07, 10:37 AM
Schitling38 Did he have anything right ?

Count the pillllllz...

metalyank
09-21-07, 01:24 PM
What a punch in the gut for Mets fans.
What gut?

stazsanity
09-21-07, 02:23 PM
my entire problem with this "whose flop is bigger, then mets or the red sox" is that i really don't think you can compare the two- our old friends at espn want to paint this picture in our heads that the mets have had a strangle hold on the division the entire year- that up until 2 weeks ago, they played flawless baseball and blew everyone that they played out of the water. this simply is not the case. yes, they have CONSISTENTLY held onto a 7-9 game lead throughout much of the year....but far more frequently than the red sox, it has dipped and undergone challenge. the fact that they went on a five game losing streak the same time the phillies went on a five game winning streak does one thing: it proves joe torre's comment that "hey, anything can happen in september. any team can win four or five while the other team loses four or five." i'm quite sure that my conspiracy theory will be refuted, but i think that while the mets blowing this lead would be epicically detrimental to the organization, espn is simply elevating it to another level (even attempting to make it appear to surpass the colapse of the red sox) so that should the red sox officially blow this lead and hand the yankees the division title, it softens the blow for the bruised egos of the steve phillips of the world.

BonusCantos
09-21-07, 02:28 PM
Here's what the AL looks like at the start of business today, with current seeds added:

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="12">2007 American League Standings</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">AMERICAN</td><td width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>L10</td></tr><!--seasonType=2--> <!--startDate=20070921--> <!--StartDate is currentDate--><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">LA Angels (1)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=laa)</td><td>91</td><td>62</td><td>.595</td><td width="5%">-</td><td>53-25</td><td>38-37</td><td width="5%">796</td><td width="5%">686</td><td>Won 4</td><td>7-3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Cleveland (2)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle)</td><td>90</td><td>62</td><td>.592</td><td width="5%">.5</td><td>49-28</td><td>41-34</td><td width="5%">766</td><td width="5%">667</td><td>Won 3</td><td>8-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Boston (3)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)</td><td>90</td><td>63</td><td>.588</td><td width="5%">1</td><td>47-28</td><td>43-35</td><td width="5%">812</td><td width="5%">622</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">NY Yankees (4)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)</td><td>88</td><td>64</td><td>.579</td><td width="5%">2.5</td><td>50-27</td><td>38-37</td><td width="5%">893</td><td width="5%">716</td><td>Won 4</td><td>8-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Detroit (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=det)</td><td>83</td><td>70</td><td>.542</td><td width="5%">8</td><td>41-34</td><td>42-36</td><td width="5%">837</td><td width="5%">767</td><td>Lost 3</td><td>6-4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sea)</td><td>81</td><td>71</td><td>.533</td><td width="5%">9.5</td><td>44-31</td><td>37-40</td><td width="5%">752</td><td width="5%">777</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>6-4</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Toronto (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tor)</td><td>77</td><td>75</td><td>.507</td><td width="5%">13.5</td><td>47-31</td><td>30-44</td><td width="5%">689</td><td width="5%">643</td><td>Won 3</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Minnesota (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=min)</td><td>75</td><td>77</td><td>.493</td><td width="5%">15.5</td><td>40-38</td><td>35-39</td><td width="5%">684</td><td width="5%">676</td><td>Won 3</td><td>6-4</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Oakland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=oak)</td><td>74</td><td>80</td><td>.481</td><td width="5%">17.5</td><td>39-39</td><td>35-41</td><td width="5%">713</td><td width="5%">720</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tex)</td><td>70</td><td>83</td><td>.458</td><td width="5%">21</td><td>42-33</td><td>28-50</td><td width="5%">767</td><td width="5%">806</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>1-9</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Kansas City (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=kan)</td><td>66</td><td>86</td><td>.434</td><td width="5%">24.5</td><td>34-44</td><td>32-42</td><td width="5%">673</td><td width="5%">729</td><td>Won 1</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Chicago Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw)</td><td>66</td><td>87</td><td>.431</td><td width="5%">25</td><td>34-41</td><td>32-46</td><td width="5%">649</td><td width="5%">799</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Baltimore (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bal)</td><td>65</td><td>87</td><td>.428</td><td width="5%">25.5</td><td>32-42</td><td>33-45</td><td width="5%">699</td><td width="5%">797</td><td>Won 1</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Tampa Bay (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tam)</td><td>63</td><td>90</td><td>.412</td><td width="5%">28</td><td>35-40</td><td>28-50</td><td width="5%">743</td><td width="5%">888</td><td>Lost 3</td><td>3-7</td></tr></tbody></table>
AL East:
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">EAST</td><td width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</td><td>L10</td></tr><!--seasonType=2--> <!--startDate=20070921--> <!--StartDate is currentDate--><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)</td><td>90</td><td>63</td><td>.588</td><td width="5%">-</td><td>47-28</td><td>43-35</td><td width="5%">812</td><td width="5%">622</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">NY Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)</td><td>88</td><td>64</td><td>.579</td><td width="5%">1.5</td><td>50-27</td><td>38-37</td><td width="5%">893</td><td width="5%">716</td><td>Won 4</td><td>8-2</td></tr></tbody></table>
Magic numbers:

For Red Sox to clinch AL East: 9
For Indians to clinch AL Central: 3
For Angels to clinch AL West: 1 (will clinch tonight with win vs. SEA)
For Yankees to clinch playoff berth: 5

For Mets to clinch NL East: 9
For Cubs to clinch NL Central: 9
For Diamondbacks to clinch NL West: 10
For Padres to clinch playoff berth: 8

Kluivert4Ever
09-21-07, 02:37 PM
Want to know whats amazing?

If we average 5 runs a game here on out, we finish with about 950 runs scored.

Thats just 50 shy of the magical 1000 mark, and considering how many of our guys that slumped for about 90 games, thats just remarkable.

roblyo33
09-21-07, 02:55 PM
Here's what the AL looks like at the start of business today, with current seeds added:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=12>2007 American League Standings</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>AMERICAN</TD><TD width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>L10</TD></TR><!--seasonType=2--><!--startDate=20070921--><!--StartDate is currentDate--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>LA Angels (1)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=laa)
</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>.595</TD><TD width="5%">-</TD><TD>53-25</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">796</TD><TD width="5%">686</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>7-3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Cleveland (2)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle)
</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>.592</TD><TD width="5%">.5</TD><TD>49-28</TD><TD>41-34</TD><TD width="5%">766</TD><TD width="5%">667</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Boston (3)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)
</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD width="5%">1</TD><TD>47-28</TD><TD>43-35</TD><TD width="5%">812</TD><TD width="5%">622</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>NY Yankees (4) (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)
</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>.579</TD><TD width="5%">2.5</TD><TD>50-27</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">893</TD><TD width="5%">716</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Detroit (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=det)</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>.542</TD><TD width="5%">8</TD><TD>41-34</TD><TD>42-36</TD><TD width="5%">837</TD><TD width="5%">767</TD><TD>Lost 3</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sea)</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>.533</TD><TD width="5%">9.5</TD><TD>44-31</TD><TD>37-40</TD><TD width="5%">752</TD><TD width="5%">777</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Toronto (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tor)</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>.507</TD><TD width="5%">13.5</TD><TD>47-31</TD><TD>30-44</TD><TD width="5%">689</TD><TD width="5%">643</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Minnesota (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=min)</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>.493</TD><TD width="5%">15.5</TD><TD>40-38</TD><TD>35-39</TD><TD width="5%">684</TD><TD width="5%">676</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Oakland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=oak)</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>.481</TD><TD width="5%">17.5</TD><TD>39-39</TD><TD>35-41</TD><TD width="5%">713</TD><TD width="5%">720</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tex)</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>.458</TD><TD width="5%">21</TD><TD>42-33</TD><TD>28-50</TD><TD width="5%">767</TD><TD width="5%">806</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>1-9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Kansas City (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=kan)</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>.434</TD><TD width="5%">24.5</TD><TD>34-44</TD><TD>32-42</TD><TD width="5%">673</TD><TD width="5%">729</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Chicago Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw)</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>.431</TD><TD width="5%">25</TD><TD>34-41</TD><TD>32-46</TD><TD width="5%">649</TD><TD width="5%">799</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Baltimore (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bal)</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>.428</TD><TD width="5%">25.5</TD><TD>32-42</TD><TD>33-45</TD><TD width="5%">699</TD><TD width="5%">797</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Tampa Bay (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tam)</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>.412</TD><TD width="5%">28</TD><TD>35-40</TD><TD>28-50</TD><TD width="5%">743</TD><TD width="5%">888</TD><TD>Lost 3</TD><TD>3-7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
AL East:
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>EAST</TD><TD width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>L10</TD></TR><!--seasonType=2--><!--startDate=20070921--><!--StartDate is currentDate--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD width="5%">-</TD><TD>47-28</TD><TD>43-35</TD><TD width="5%">812</TD><TD width="5%">622</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>NY Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>.579</TD><TD width="5%">1.5</TD><TD>50-27</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">893</TD><TD width="5%">716</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Magic numbers:

It's amazing, also, that the top four teams in the AL are also the top four teams in MLB. Just think, if the Yankees can pick up 2 games in the loss column over the next ten days, they will have the best record in baseball.!!!! I guess the Yanks have come a long ways since May 29th!!! HA!!!!

Dynasties R Forever
09-21-07, 03:04 PM

He couldn't even spell his name right. :P

Sam18
09-21-07, 03:13 PM

Thats just 50 shy of the magical 1000 mark, and considering how many of our guys that slumped for about 90 games, thats just remarkable.

You know whats amazing? People still bitch about the offense. Nightly.

jeterdaman
09-21-07, 03:17 PM
You know whats amazing? People still bitch about the offense. Nightly.

lol. It will probably happen tonight by the 2nd inning.

cupcollector99
09-21-07, 03:56 PM

It's unreal. The only downside to this year's team has been the inconsistency. They have looked like worldbeaters then the entire line-up falls into an inexplicable slump.

I can see it happening too. They'll start to score early and often and do it for a bunch of games then have one game where they can't buy a hit until they score lots of runs in late innings to pull it out. Then they fall into a funk when guys just can't get good swings off of AAA-type pitchers and look foolish for a few games and then blammo, they come back.
Some of that is pitching (good opposing, bad Yankee) and some might be mental lapses and both are frustrating to watch nonetheless.

roblyo33
09-21-07, 04:39 PM
It's unreal. The only downside to this year's team has been the inconsistency. They have looked like worldbeaters then the entire line-up falls into an inexplicable slump.

I can see it happening too. They'll start to score early and often and do it for a bunch of games then have one game where they can't buy a hit until they score lots of runs in late innings to pull it out. Then they fall into a funk when guys just can't get good swings off of AAA-type pitchers and look foolish for a few games and then blammo, they come back.
Some of that is pitching (good opposing, bad Yankee) and some might be mental lapses and both are frustrating to watch nonetheless.

Baseball is a funny game.

Jace
09-21-07, 04:47 PM

You basically just described every offense ever

We all seem to have short memories on this, its basically the same complaint everyone has every year (for every team)

Sam18
09-21-07, 04:53 PM
You basically just described every offense ever

We all seem to have short memories on this, its basically the same complaint everyone has every year (for every team)

No no the 98' offense scored 6 runs every game. Literally.

Sheffield
09-21-07, 04:57 PM

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=12>2007 American League Standings</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>AMERICAN</TD><TD width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</TD><TD>L10</TD></TR><!--seasonType=2--><!--startDate=20070921--><!--StartDate is currentDate--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>LA Angels (1)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=laa)

</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>.595</TD><TD width="5%">-</TD><TD>53-25</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">796</TD><TD width="5%">686</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>7-3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Cleveland (2)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle)

</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>.592</TD><TD width="5%">.5</TD><TD>49-28</TD><TD>41-34</TD><TD width="5%">766</TD><TD width="5%">667</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Boston (3)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)

</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD width="5%">1</TD><TD>47-28</TD><TD>43-35</TD><TD width="5%">812</TD><TD width="5%">622</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>NY Yankees (4) (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)

</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>.579</TD><TD width="5%">2.5</TD><TD>50-27</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">893</TD><TD width="5%">716</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Detroit (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=det)</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>.542</TD><TD width="5%">8</TD><TD>41-34</TD><TD>42-36</TD><TD width="5%">837</TD><TD width="5%">767</TD><TD>Lost 3</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sea)</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>.533</TD><TD width="5%">9.5</TD><TD>44-31</TD><TD>37-40</TD><TD width="5%">752</TD><TD width="5%">777</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Toronto (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tor)</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>.507</TD><TD width="5%">13.5</TD><TD>47-31</TD><TD>30-44</TD><TD width="5%">689</TD><TD width="5%">643</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Minnesota (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=min)</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>.493</TD><TD width="5%">15.5</TD><TD>40-38</TD><TD>35-39</TD><TD width="5%">684</TD><TD width="5%">676</TD><TD>Won 3</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Oakland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=oak)</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>.481</TD><TD width="5%">17.5</TD><TD>39-39</TD><TD>35-41</TD><TD width="5%">713</TD><TD width="5%">720</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tex)</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>.458</TD><TD width="5%">21</TD><TD>42-33</TD><TD>28-50</TD><TD width="5%">767</TD><TD width="5%">806</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>1-9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Kansas City (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=kan)</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>.434</TD><TD width="5%">24.5</TD><TD>34-44</TD><TD>32-42</TD><TD width="5%">673</TD><TD width="5%">729</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Chicago Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw)</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>.431</TD><TD width="5%">25</TD><TD>34-41</TD><TD>32-46</TD><TD width="5%">649</TD><TD width="5%">799</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Baltimore (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bal)</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>.428</TD><TD width="5%">25.5</TD><TD>32-42</TD><TD>33-45</TD><TD width="5%">699</TD><TD width="5%">797</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Tampa Bay (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tam)</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>.412</TD><TD width="5%">28</TD><TD>35-40</TD><TD>28-50</TD><TD width="5%">743</TD><TD width="5%">888</TD><TD>Lost 3</TD><TD>3-7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
AL East:
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>EAST</TD><TD width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070921&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=3&type=reg&group=1&st=2)</TD><TD>L10</TD></TR><!--seasonType=2--><!--startDate=20070921--><!--StartDate is currentDate--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)</TD><TD>90</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD width="5%">-</TD><TD>47-28</TD><TD>43-35</TD><TD width="5%">812</TD><TD width="5%">622</TD><TD>Lost 4</TD><TD>4-6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>NY Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>.579</TD><TD width="5%">1.5</TD><TD>50-27</TD><TD>38-37</TD><TD width="5%">893</TD><TD width="5%">716</TD><TD>Won 4</TD><TD>8-2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Magic numbers:

For Yankees to clinch AL East: 11

sweet_lou_14
09-21-07, 05:19 PM
For Yankees to clinch AL East: 11

Preach on brother Sheff!

Squid
09-21-07, 06:00 PM
Not really, half are sox trolls and half are people who will sh*t on the team even if they win the WS.

And just as a reminder to all, of course, at least half the people on that thread -- the "We're Doomed" thread -- post there precisely to assert that the Yankees are NOT doomed, and to mock people who are overly pessimistic. That was the original purpose of the thread, as can be observed by reading the first page with one's sarcasm detector turned on.

P.S.: DOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Yankeeah
09-21-07, 08:38 PM
Becks at 77 pitches through 3.

NYIndian2005
09-21-07, 08:42 PM
If halladay is a preview of the kind of pitchers the yanks are going to see in the playoffs then we should be concerned.

R.V.47
09-21-07, 09:03 PM
If halladay is a preview of the kind of pitchers the yanks are going to see in the playoffs then we should be concerned.

Id say Halladay is better than Beckett, maybe Lackey probably Escobar but Sabathia is definitly better and is left handed which will be make it even harder for the yanks.

SINCE77 2
09-21-07, 09:15 PM

This may be true, but there is something to be said about facing a free and easy team that has nothing to lose.

Spiker101
09-21-07, 09:17 PM
Doc when he's on his game as he is tonight is one of the 3-4 best pitchers in the game.

R.V.47
09-21-07, 09:20 PM
man on 2nd for Royals off Thames error. Lets go KC

teknetic
09-21-07, 09:22 PM
Pitchers duels? no thanks.

BonusCantos
09-21-07, 09:26 PM
I won't follow the WC standings...I just can't bring myself to it. Wake me when the playoffs start.

But still, if only TB could come back...

Hour later edit: Nope, that ain't happening.

Skars
09-21-07, 09:36 PM
Id say Halladay is better than Beckett, maybe Lackey probably Escobar but Sabathia is definitly better and is left handed which will be make it even harder for the yanks.
oy vey. if halladay pitched like this to ANY team he'd have a zero ERA over a full season. An excellent pitcher if hes on is going to shut down the best hitters in the league.

the reality is that this isnt the normal performance, and worrying about the playoffs isnt very intelligent IMO

DrNick
09-21-07, 09:44 PM

There is on...than there is ON... Roy was simply ON sometimes when a dominant pitcher is on, you tip your cap and move on

Meecham4ever
09-21-07, 10:13 PM
There is on...than there is ON... Roy was simply ON sometimes when a dominant pitcher is on, you tip your cap and move on

Halladay was unreal...(after TIVO'ing the bottom of the ninth, Halladay should call the Commissioners office and have them investigate Aaron Hills' private life...see if he owes any outstanding debts anywhere...:D )

Squid
09-22-07, 01:05 AM
Wake me when the playoffs start...

Wake Me Up When September Ends (Green Day)

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends...

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when Spring began
Wake me up when September ends...

Like my fathers come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast

BigCheese
09-22-07, 01:39 AM
You know, I keep thinking "Let's just get the wildcard and forget about the division title."

But then the Red Sox go on a skid, and the Yanks go on a streak, and I keep telling myself "whatever, as long as we get the wild card..."

Then as soon as things get close, and I start to think "you know, they might actually win the division...," they go and drop a few games back.

ajra21
09-22-07, 05:53 AM
halladay performed brilliantly. we may well come up against that kinda of pitching. let's hope we get some of our own too.

Pagliarulo Era
09-22-07, 08:08 AM
Ultimately, we're making the playoffs and that's what matters. I think we have the best team in baseball right now, and there's a history of strong Wild Card teams performing well in the postseason. I've resigned myself to the fact that Boston will take the division for a while, it's a pleasant surprise if we do.

I do hope that if we lose another game or two in the next few games, and Boston beats up on Tampa, Joe sets this team up for October rather than burning guys in the slight hope of taking the division. Bostons been resting their guys, soon LAA and Cleveland will do the same. I really don't want to see us use Mo or Joba too much if we're 3 games out with 6 to play and we've already clinched a playoff spot.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-22-07, 09:52 AM
Ultimately, we're making the playoffs and that's what matters. I think we have the best team in baseball right now, and there's a history of strong Wild Card teams performing well in the postseason. I've resigned myself to the fact that Boston will take the division for a while, it's a pleasant surprise if we do.

I do hope that if we lose another game or two in the next few games, and Boston beats up on Tampa, Joe sets this team up for October rather than burning guys in the slight hope of taking the division. Bostons been resting their guys, soon LAA and Cleveland will do the same. I really don't want to see us use Mo or Joba too much if we're 3 games out with 6 to play and we've already clinched a playoff spot.

This is very true.

ajra21
09-22-07, 09:59 AM

by monday, we'll know whether it's worth chasing.

trentonthunder
09-22-07, 10:06 AM

There's been a debate in Boston about this. Do you burn your guys out trying
to get the best record, and obtain home field advantage and series choice, or
do you rest them so they are ready for the playoffs ?

They've had this debate about Manny, Coco, JD, Dice-K, Okejima, Youkilis
and others. The Yankee front office is probably debating the same about
their players too.

LuisTiant
09-22-07, 10:53 AM
There's been a debate in Boston about this. Do you burn your guys out trying to get the best record, and obtain home field advantage and series choice, or do you rest them so they are ready for the playoffs ?

They've had this debate about Manny, Coco, JD, Dice-K, Okejima, Youkilis
and others. The Yankee front office is probably debating the same about
their players too.

And they're resting them all.

Sentiment in Boston seems to be that they're willing to sacrifice the division and shot at home field throughout to get guys healthy.

Lot of fans want the division, but Theo and Francona seem to be singing the "just get in the tournament" tune.

Toaderly
09-22-07, 11:29 AM
Wake Me Up When September Ends (Green Day)

What? No Coldplay tunes?

blumj
09-22-07, 11:38 AM
And they're resting them all.

Sentiment in Boston seems to be that they're willing to sacrifice the division and shot at home field throughout to get guys healthy.

Lot of fans want the division, but Theo and Francona seem to be singing the "just get in the tournament" tune.
It's a little different situation, though. Most of the players they're resting have either been ineffective or probably would be if they were playing. I don't think Youkilis could be playing right now no matter what, Coco didn't look too good last night, Ortiz is still playing, and their rotation has been rearranged, but not in such a way that anyone's getting any fewer starts. With Manny, you never really know.

Messerwhitescooter
09-22-07, 11:41 AM
IMHO, it was a waste to use Mo and Joba, esp. for two innings for Joba, last night. But what do I know? Torre has managed a few thousand games more than me.

R.V.47
09-22-07, 02:02 PM
IMHO, it was a waste to use Mo and Joba, esp. for two innings for Joba, last night. But what do I know? Torre has managed a few thousand games more than me.

Without using those 2 the game would have been over a lot quicker. Also dont worry about Mo he only pitched one inning and it wasnt very taxing on him. Hes ready for today.

Octoberbaby
09-22-07, 02:33 PM

I was thinking it would have been better off had we just lost it in the 9th instead of coming back to tie it. The end result, we lost anyway and tired out our bullpen and used up Joba for two more games.

Janttje
09-22-07, 07:13 PM
KC 1-0 up in the 1st..

NYIndian2005
09-22-07, 07:15 PM
The yankee game has been on for almost 5 hours now

Janttje
09-22-07, 07:39 PM
4-1 KC in the 2nd

edit: 5-1

Kluivert4Ever
09-22-07, 08:10 PM
A loss tonight would be demoralizing for Detroit.

pre73
09-22-07, 08:36 PM
TB scores twice in the 4th.. 3-2 boston..

BonusCantos
09-22-07, 08:38 PM
Boston had gone up 3-0 but TB got the last 2 right back. Dioner Navarro...yeesh. Matsuzaka basically didn't throw him any strikes and he was swinging at eye level.

roblyo33
09-22-07, 08:47 PM
Boston's first run was a gift from CB Bucknor.

BonusCantos
09-22-07, 09:00 PM
When you give up a HR to JD Drew, you deserve to lose.

THEBOSS84
09-22-07, 09:01 PM
5-2 Boston. As Bonuscantos said above - Drew with a 2 run homer

spyglass
09-22-07, 09:24 PM
5-3 Boston.

I am hoping for a Gagne implosion or something.

SubwayFanatic
09-22-07, 09:30 PM
If the Sox win tonight and Detroit loses, have they officially clinched a playoff spot?

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 09:30 PM
5-3 Boston.

I am hoping for a Gagne implosion or something.

Matsuzaka at 98 pitches. He'll probably go one more. Then the fun begins. :D:D:D

jeterdaman
09-22-07, 09:48 PM
If the Sox win tonight and Detroit loses, have they officially clinched a playoff spot?

I think their Magic Number would be down to 1. With CLE losing and LAA already lost, the Sox would be back on top with the best record in the AL with a win.

Where's Gagne when you need him?

BonusCantos
09-22-07, 09:50 PM
6-5 Rays!

Pena HR #2 of the night!

knickfan23
09-22-07, 09:51 PM
Seriously now, who didnt call that one!

Even the little kid in the DRays jersey behind homeplate knew it off the bat.

DEADSOX
Pena.... <3

E-Rod
Pena is playing very well this year.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 09:53 PM
But there's no way the Tampa pen holds this down. I call a 12-6 loss for the former D-Rays.

roblyo33

Why can't we get players like that???.............ooooops, we had him :(

in2dust2002
Carlos Pena you rule. THANK YOU.

bostonyankeefan
That ball was tagged by Pena. Lopez=Myers I hope that they put him on the postseason roster.

SubwayFanatic
09-22-07, 09:54 PM
Which Tampa reliever will blow this game now?

Tabata
How many runs did Dice-K give up?

jeterismyhomeboy
On a happier note: go Royals!

Yankeeah
Tony Pena you rule. THANK YOU.

I love our 1st base coach as well

roblyo33

Take your pick!!!

BonusCantos
How many runs did Dice-K give up?
Five. The sixth was on Lopez.

PittsburghYankeeFan
09-22-07, 09:55 PM

With the year he's having, at what, $1 million? He was on our team in spring training, and instead we have/had Andy Phillips, Giambi, etc.

bostonyankeefan

Let me get my magic dartboard out. Dohmet?

bannusvdk
Why can't we get players like that???.............ooooops, we had him :(

Yeah, and we've got this other guy, who's also having what some would call a pretty good season. His name is Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez.

in2dust2002
I love our 1st base coach as well

HAHA..You beat me before i could edit it. Brain freeze.

Tabata
09-22-07, 09:56 PM
Five. The sixth was on Lopez.

:lol: Thank god we didn't pay $100 million for this guy.

roblyo33
09-22-07, 09:56 PM
Yeah, and we've got this other guy, who's also having what some would call a pretty good season. His name is Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez.

Yup, we do.....................but he's not playing 1B.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 09:57 PM
Yenno, I don't mind this "parity" thing so much. Tampa is a team that if they just invested a bit more money, could actually be a good team. Or if they were willing to teach relievers how to pitch. Do you think Cashmoney can convince them to blow some really nice prospects to land Kyle Farnsworth? He's actually an improvement to their pen.

BonusCantos
09-22-07, 09:58 PM
Gagne warming!

knickfan23
09-22-07, 09:59 PM
What's Ortiz swinging at?

1 down

jeterdaman
09-22-07, 10:00 PM
Gagne warming!

awesome. We're now moments away from being only 1.5 back again.

E-Rod
Maybe i'm wrong but Timlin looks to me, the only solid reliever in Boston Bullpen in the past 2 weeks.

Yankeeah
Yup, we do.....................but he's not playing 1B.

.....so?

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:01 PM
Is Gameday lying or is Hirschbeck calling strikes at the belt?

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 10:01 PM
Gagne warming!

He's actually pitched quite well with a deficit, hasn't he? Hopefully he'll only come in if the Red Sox take the lead. :D

Not that they will…

Is Gameday lying or is Hirschbeck calling strikes at the belt?
This ball tracking system usually doesn't lie—the only thing is I wonder about how accurate a representation of a real person that virtual batter is.

BonusCantos
09-22-07, 10:02 PM
Pretty easy inning for Wheeler.

bostonyankeefan
Wheeler now in to cough up the game for the Rays. 1-8 with a 5.43 ERA. The Tampa manager is so bad. Use the righty with Shrek, Lowell and Drew coming up. Ortiz K's. Miracle.

K.C. is up 7-3 in the top of the 9th. If they hang on, Mo might actually still have him arm by Tuesday.

knickfan23
He's actually pitched quite well with a deficit, hasn't he? Hopefully he'll only come in if the Red Sox take the lead. :D

Not that they will…

He's like Farnsworth. If your losing, he can keep the deficit there. But dont give him a lead.

--

And the heart of the order goes down 123. NO REYES PLEASE!!!!

Thank you.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:04 PM
He's like Farnsworth. If your losing, he can keep the deficit there. But dont give him a lead.

--

And the heart of the order goes down 123. NO REYES PLEASE!!!!

Thank you.

Remember when Reyes was kicking butt and taking names, and everyone wanted him? Ahh, to be a member of the D-Ray bullpen...

roblyo33
.....so?

so, we could have had/kept him, is all I'm saying. Correct?? It has nothing to do with A-Rod.

Yankeeah
I've noticed that Gameday calls pitches based on the umpire. If it's a clear ball and it's called a strike, they will put it in the strike zone. Other ones, like ESPN's or Sportslines puts it where it actually is.

Yankeeah
09-22-07, 10:05 PM
so, we could have had/kept him, is all I'm saying. Correct?? It has nothing to do with A-Rod.

He had the playing time in Tampa, he wouldn't have gotten that with us. And you can say the same thing with Aaron Small or Shawn Chacon.
Pena is having a great season, but I really don't think he will be putting these numbers up consistently, or even next season.

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 10:05 PM
I've noticed that Gameday calls pitches based on the umpire. If it's a clear ball and it's called a strike, they will put it in the strike zone. Other ones, like ESPN's or Sportslines puts it where it actually is.

Ummmm…maybe for parks without the pitch tracking system. Mostly now, gameday's pitch locations are called by computers.

knickfan23
09-22-07, 10:06 PM
Remember when Reyes was kicking butt and taking names, and everyone wanted him? Ahh, to be a member of the D-Ray bullpen...

I remember that. What can these teams be thinking? Al Reyes is code for Danys Baez.

And he's warming up now! Tek is taking him deep.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:06 PM

They've actually removed the strike zone altogether on Gameday. Now they're letting the pitches go where they are, and calling them like the ump. There are some clear off-the-plate called strikes floating around.

Yankeeah
09-22-07, 10:07 PM
They've actually removed the strike zone altogether on Gameday. Now they're letting the pitches go where they are, and calling them like the ump. There are some clear off-the-plate called strikes floating around.

I've noticed that more recently. It's better that way.

hardrain
09-22-07, 10:08 PM
what good fortune -- I went to watch a movie and come here to see Boston losing!

shotz
09-22-07, 10:09 PM
6-5 Rays

hardrain
09-22-07, 10:09 PM
I imagine Reyes in warming

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:10 PM
Could this be a 1-2-3 inning for New York's favorite non-closer reliever? All of 3 he's had since putting on a Sox uni?

roblyo33
09-22-07, 10:10 PM
6-5 Rays

Why does it feel like the Rays are losing??

shotz
09-22-07, 10:11 PM
come on Gomes belt it

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 10:11 PM
what good fortune -- I went to watch a movie and come here to see Boston losing!

Can you go watch a movie until early november? You'll be delightfully surprised :D:D:D

shotz
09-22-07, 10:12 PM
keep it going Navarro

roblyo33
Could this be a 1-2-3 inning for New York's favorite non-closer reliever? All of 3 he's had since putting on a Sox uni?

Nope!!!

jeterismyhomeboy

Alas, it was not to be. :o

shotz
09-22-07, 10:13 PM
come on Gagne serve up a meatball

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 10:14 PM
One out left in Detroit.

shotz
twisted

knickfan23
come on Gagne serve up a meatball

I'm more concerned about Reyes serving one up as they have a lead under 3 runs.

jeterismyhomeboy
Seriously, we can't expect anything. It's Dioner freaking Navarro. If Gagne can't get him out, he needs psychiatric help.

ETA: Or he will need psychiatric help.

shotz
09-22-07, 10:16 PM
3 n 2

bannusvdk
09-22-07, 10:17 PM
Magglio…………

7-4 now in Detroit

shotz
ok 1-2-3 needed to end this

knickfan23
And onto the 9th....

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:18 PM
Is it too much...oh, screw it. Just keep the damage within Pena homer range.

roblyo33
time to fasten your seat belts.....here comes the Drays closer!!!

nhyankeefan
I'm a little late here, but if the goal of pushing back Matsuzaka's start a few days was to give him a little more rest and help prep him for the playoffs, why the hell did Francona let him throw 115 pitches? I would have expected a pitch count around 90 or so.

Dynasties R Forever
C'mon now, just three little outs. 1-2-3, just like that.

shotz
09-22-07, 10:19 PM
the big C is up

jeterismyhomeboy
And goooooooooooodbye Detroit!

Dynasties R Forever
I'm a little late here, but if the goal of pushing back Matsuzaka's start a few days was to give him a little more rest and help prep him for the playoffs, why the hell did Francona let him throw 115 pitches? I would have expected a pitch count around 90 or so.

Awesome news! And...he sucked anyway, even with the extra rest.

bostonyankeefan
09-22-07, 10:20 PM
final in the Motor City: 7-4 Royals

shotz
come on Reyes get the big K on the big C

Babe Rules
Magic number goes down to 3.

dabomb2045
So Detroit would now have to go 7-0 and we would have to go 2-6 for them to just tie us :D :D

E-Rod
Game Over

KC 7
DET 4

Kluivert4Ever
Al Reyes is to the Red Sox what Eric Gagne is to the Yankees.

Babe Rules
Damn Reyes.

bannusvdk
Al Reyes time!!!!!

Mow 'em down

shotz
tie game

bostonyankeefan
09-22-07, 10:21 PM
Awesome news! And...he sucked anyway, even with the extra rest.

His stats were very good with extended rest. This is very troubling for the Sox. Beckett is their only reliable pitcher, and the Yankees hit him well.

E-Rod
Reyes is really bad

Tied Game.

Tabata
I hate the Rays!!!

knickfan23
I remember that. What can these teams be thinking? Al Reyes is code for Danys Baez.

Yep. Wjo

teknetic
Al Reyes is garbage.

Dynasties R Forever
You can do this Reyes.

Kluivert4Ever
Seriously, thats the 3rd game he has blown versus the Red Sox.

parkerstrong

You bastard! Predict something good for the D-Rays and have it come to life!

NYSITH
Varitek runs like a duck.

jeterismyhomeboy
Oh Knickfan, you prophet you. Quick, tell me what happens to the Yanks in the postseason?!

shotz
this the best the Rays got??

jeterdaman
Al Reyes is a disaster

shotz
09-22-07, 10:22 PM
Reyes blows the game

Dynasties R Forever
Jeez, my god Reyes, you are teh suck.

dabomb2045
Al Reyes :lol:

Babe Rules
Damn again

bannusvdk
Hey Kluivert, dunno if you noticed, but congrats on your 5,000th.

Oh yeah, and thanks Al.

shotz
guess the Rays dont want to win this thing

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:23 PM
I think it's safe to say that Boston has this game in hand. Can we ask for that other guy to come back? The one who struck out Ortiz and Lowell?

bostonyankeefan
They should change Reyes' title to Opener or Blower because he is certainly no closer. Add this to the two blown leads at Fenway and the Rays are handing the division to the Sox on a silver platter.

knickfan23
You bastard! Predict something good for the D-Rays and have it come to life!

Tampa cannot be helped unfortunately. As long as Reyes is there, nothing good will happen. This is why you cant hope for Tampa do anything for you.

This is what, the 4th time in 3 months he's blown a save to Boston. Is he on their payroll as a embedded mole?

shotz
Al t-ball Reyes

26 and counting
09-22-07, 10:24 PM
:lol:

Like the rest of you, I'm rooting for the Red Sox to lose. But what else can you do besides laugh at this. The Devil Rays bullpen is so bad, it's almost comical.

NYYDragoon
Al Reyes is officially the worst closer in the game. How many times has he collapsed against the Sox this season?

Kluivert4Ever
Hey Kluivert, dunno if you noticed, but congrats on your 5,000th.

Oh yeah, and thanks Al.

Thank you:)

bostonyankeefan
Of course the Tampa manager will leave Reyes out there until the score is 72-6.

shotz
come on Reyes earn your keep will ya

knickfan23
09-22-07, 10:25 PM
Oh Knickfan, you prophet you. Quick, tell me what happens to the Yanks in the postseason?!

Yanks lose Game 7 of the ALCS if they play on the road.

shotz
gives up the lead what a mess

MightyRighty
this the best the Rays got??

He's no worse than Farnsworth or Edwar.

dabomb2045
:lol:

Like the rest of you, I'm rooting for the Red Sox to lose. But what else can you do besides laugh at this. The Devil Rays bullpen is so bad, it's almost comical.

Its funny because everyone knows its coming....except for the DRays manager apparently

I just picture Crawford standing out in LF saying to himself "WTF? Are we seriously bringing in this loser? Game over for us. Please trade me I cant take it here anymore!"

CalYankeeFan
09-22-07, 10:26 PM
THis is Tampa being Tampa.

shotz
lets go Reyes get an out or two

teknetic
Just nuke this garbage franchise into oblivion. 10 years of sucking, 10 years of top draft picks and still nothing.

nycdoc999
09-22-07, 10:27 PM
Reyes is just terrible against the Red Sox....

26 and counting
Reyes got an out.:lol:

shotz
crisp flys out 1 down

Babe Rules
One out, two to go

jeterismyhomeboy
09-22-07, 10:28 PM

Crap. Okay, do they get to Game 7 of the ALCS at least? :P

shotz
god Reyes isnt so good

knickfan23
And now Lugo pimps Reyes.

Time for a shower and a night on the town.

26 and counting
Reyes allowed a 2-run HR. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Babe Rules
Reyes is ridiculous

BonusCantos
TB blows it right on schedule.

shotz
isnt any good

dabomb2045

A Game 7 win in Fenway to advance to the World Series is what I'm seeing :D

jeterdaman
Julio Lugo?????????????????

I Hate Tampa Bay

nycdoc999
Al Reyes = Journeyman.

How in the world is he closing and Dan Wheeler setting up for him?

CalYankeeFan
09-22-07, 10:29 PM
Julio Lugo - :o

shotz
and Reyes stays in

26 and counting
And now Lugo pimps Reyes.

Time for a shower and a night on the town.

Ybor City baby! That place is happening on Saturday nights.:)

NYYDragoon
Eight to six? I turned if off after the HR and they've already scored two more? Wow.

It's all up to the A's and Twins, because lord knows the Rays can't be reliable sidekicks.

If we don't sweep them... *knockonwood*

knickfan23
Crap. Okay, do they get to Game 7 of the ALCS at least? :P

They will get there. But if they play that game in Fenway, Angel Stadium or Jacobs Field, it will not end well.

bostonyankeefan
Just nuke this garbage franchise into oblivion. 10 years of sucking, 10 years of top draft picks and still nothing.

Seriously, Horrible stadium, pathetic fans. All around awful.

shotz
what a mess

Babe Rules
09-22-07, 10:30 PM
Another hit :-po'd-:

jeterdaman
It just continues. Ellsbury with a double. Does Reyes have ANY pride at all?

BonusCantos
To think, the Rays were winning 10 minutes ago.

GreenGrass
You have any lottery numbers?