PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

frostdude1
09-18-07, 10:50 AM
as the Associated Press put it ...

A victory over Baltimore, a loss by Boston and a defeat for Detroit. It's almost as though the New York Yankees won three times Monday night.

stazsanity
09-18-07, 10:54 AM
in regards to the infamous s.o.s.h. boards....you need not look further than their commentary during the one elapsed hour between jeter's three run homer and recording of the final out to see that they are a fickle, trite, uneducated bunch that need to use "big four letter words" to express themselves. it made me thankful to be part of a classier discussion community.

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 11:00 AM

A victory over Baltimore, a loss by Boston and a defeat for Detroit. It's almost as though the New York Yankees won three times Monday night.

I know.....I was happy as hell last night. :D :D :D

Toaderly
09-18-07, 11:05 AM

Let's just hope for a repeat tonight and tomorrow night.

wang+cano=future
09-18-07, 11:08 AM
I know this is very off topic but did Hughes2.50 get banned or did he just stop posting?

The Q Bomb
09-18-07, 11:40 AM
hahaha. Yeah, I read that entire thread right after the game.;)

While a lot of the SoSH'ers are hypocritical and, well, down right sc_mbags, some are very witty in their crying/whining/insecure/jealous/adapted to losing sort-of-ways.

They have a nickname for every Yankee. I have the same for every sock. Unfortunately, I'd get banned if I used them on this board.:eek: :( :D What is WRONG with those people? Are they nuts? How come they can talk like that on that forum? It is funny as hell, though! I can only imagine what was on that forum after Aaron Boone's homerun! Probably the sound of EMT sirens rushing to homes!

I love the picture in yesterday's Post that shows Jeter hitting a homerun while some dopey Red Sox fan holds up a sign saying, "Jeter sucks." Real Class! The Nazi Yankee security force would have set a similar sign about a Red Sox on fire before you had finished hoisting it up in Yankee Stadium!

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 11:44 AM
The best part IMO was Jeter's fist pump after Mo got the last out Sun night. I love it! :)

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 11:51 AM
The best part IMO was Jeter's fist pump after Mo got the last out Sun night. I love it! :)

It was a nice fist pump as far as the Jeter Fist Pumpô goes. He walks such a fine line with the media, always saying the right thing, but when he pumps it like that you know it was a big win.

OldYankeeFan
09-18-07, 12:00 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by rodney27nyg
Correct.

ARod= slappy mcbluelips
Mo= fruitbat
Matsui= Shemp
Giambi = roidboy or HGH
Pettitte= horse face
Posada= dumbo
Melky = Milky
Clemens = Fat Billy
Joba = Joba the c_nt or JtC
Abreu = some kind of monkey...I forget
Minky= eyechart
Moose = college boy or prep

thats all I can remember
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some were calling Jeter - CI. Anyone know what it stands for?

I cracked up when I first read "fruit bat" and immediately knew who they were talking about. Really funny stuff , and it was like a competition to see who could use the F bomb the most in a post about what the MFY did to them.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 12:02 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by rodney27nyg
Correct.

ARod= slappy mcbluelips
Mo= fruitbat
Matsui= Shemp
Giambi = roidboy or HGH
Pettitte= horse face
Posada= dumbo
Melky = Milky
Clemens = Fat Billy
Minky= eyechart

thats all I can remember

Some were calling Jeter - CI. Anyone know what it stands for?

I had the same question a few days back. It stands for Captain Intangibles. I actually kinda like that one.

OldYankeeFan
09-18-07, 12:09 PM
I had the same question a few days back. It stands for Captain Intangibles. I actually kinda like that one.

Thanks. That is a good one!

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 12:10 PM
It was a nice fist pump as far as the Jeter Fist Pumpô goes. He walks such a fine line with the media, always saying the right thing, but when he pumps it like that you know it was a big win.

Agreed. :D

JKelley34
09-18-07, 12:11 PM
I'm not saying I really get the joke. But if somebody called Ortiz "blue-lipped" they'd be branded a racist.

Really? Racist?? Wow. McBluelips comes from the ALCS game 6 where the camera focused in on A-Rod on the railing in the bronx and from the cold he had deep blue/purple lips. It looked like he had put on lipstick.

Wow. Racist. Whats next? If Beckett hits Melky its a hate crime?

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 12:12 PM
Really? Racist?? Wow. McBluelips comes from the ALCS game 6 where the camera focused in on A-Rod on the railing in the bronx and from the cold he had deep blue/purple lips. It looked like he had put on lipstick.

Wow. Racist. Whats next? If Beckett his Melky its a hate crime?

I wish I could make a comment about this but it's against CS. :(

ebas
09-18-07, 12:17 PM
I know this is very off topic but did Hughes2.50 get banned or did he just stop posting?

He's been gone a while. I don't see what he could have done to get banned. My theory is that after all his ridiculous projections, he got embarrased when Phil's rookie year started looking more like Jose Rijo than Dwight Gooden. He also was predicting big things for Clippard amongst others. He just couldn't keep his arguments going with real mlb stats in his face rather than pipe dream minor league projections. Maybe he'll return next spring as Joba3.0 and predict a Joba season of a 1.50 era with 200 strikouts based on this years scoreless streak.

groovitude
09-18-07, 12:28 PM
He's been gone a while. I don't see what he could have done to get banned. My theory is that after all his ridiculous projections, he got embarrased when Phil's rookie year started looking more like Jose Rijo than Dwight Gooden. He also was predicting big things for Clippard amongst others. He just couldn't keep his arguments going with real mlb stats in his face rather than pipe dream minor league projections. Maybe he'll return next spring as Joba3.0 and predict a Joba season of a 1.50 era with 200 strikouts based on this years scoreless streak.

I expect nothing less from Joba, actually.

LeapsNbounds
09-18-07, 12:28 PM
Hopefully Burnett can build on his last performance against the yankees and not crap the bed.

cupcollector99
09-18-07, 01:07 PM

I'm not sure about that but if the Yankees hit Youk, it's considered cruelty to animals, particularly to the squirrel he has hanging from his lower jaw.

roblyo33
09-18-07, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure about that but if the Yankees hit Youk, it's considered cruelty to animals, particularly to the squirrel he has hanging from his lower jaw.

:) :cheer:

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 01:15 PM

ick but very funny :lol:

iWant27
09-18-07, 01:41 PM
hahaha. Yeah, I read that entire thread right after the game.;)

While a lot of the SoSH'ers are hypocritical and, well, down right sc_mbags, some are very witty in their crying/whining/insecure/jealous/adapted to losing sort-of-ways.

They have a nickname for every Yankee. I have the same for every sock. Unfortunately, I'd get banned if I used them on this board.:eek: :( :D

You now its funny how some of those stupid red sox fans comes on this board and say things like "moron" , "crying" and all to the yankee fans . Talk about hypocricy . I really hate those sox fans who come here and try to tell yankee fans on yankees forum how moronic their statements are .

The Zankees
09-18-07, 01:58 PM
I can't believe it but those red sox comebacks against tampa are really the difference in the division race right now. Ugh...

b-ball-lunachick
09-18-07, 02:05 PM
I think some of their nicknames are pretty clever and funny, esp. Slappy, Shemp, Fruitbat, Eyechart and Dumbo. We don't seem to be quite as creative in that department. However, that is the sole value of SOSH.

They like to call mussina "the Racist". For the life of me, I still don't know where that comes from.

My memory is getting a bit fuzzy but I thought it was a blind item that Gammons or someone wrote about a smart pitcher being a racist and they guessed that it was Stanford guy Mussina..I'm sure someone can give more detail but I remember reading it and questioning how they made that jump and then go on to state it as fact..

I don't agree that the names are clever though...most of them are pretty dumb IMHO...

b-ball-lunachick
09-18-07, 02:06 PM
Correct.

ARod= slappy mcbluelips
Mo= fruitbat
Matsui= Shemp
Giambi = roidboy or HGH
Pettitte= horse face
Posada= dumbo
Melky = Milky
Clemens = Fat Billy
Minky= eyechart

thats all I can remember

I think I saw someone refer to Cano as Hollywood :D not sure if that's a board-wide thing though...

JSG
09-18-07, 02:09 PM
I can't believe it but those red sox comebacks against tampa are really the difference in the division race right now. Ugh...

............ well, after the sox go thru aj burnett and litsch for TOR, they have a TB redux with kazmir (W 1-0), sonnanstine (blown 8-1), and action jackson (blown 4-3) ............ so hopefully some good old fashioned reverse karma will boomerang and even things out .........

Messerwhitescooter
09-18-07, 02:34 PM
Thank you for posting that link to the SOSH board. What a riot. Pleasure reading. It is hard to say which post was the most fun to read.

nemo
09-18-07, 02:49 PM

heh, you can't blame it on just those two games... If we won two games elsewhere throughout the season when Boston lost, we'd be 1.5 back as well.... we dug ourselves the hole we're in, not TB.

That said, hopefully we'll get our asses out of the hole :)

The Zankees
09-18-07, 02:52 PM
Well the hole we dug early is the real killer but had Tampon Bay didn't leak the lead away in those 2 games, we could be 1.5 back.......

Janttje
09-18-07, 02:53 PM
We also lost twice against Tampa not so long ago..

nemo
09-18-07, 02:55 PM
Well the hole we dug early is the real killer but had Tampon Bay didn't leak the lead away in those 2 games, we could be 1.5 back.......

well if we played better ball in April and TB didn't blow those two games, we'd be .5 games ahead right now.. ................, we could be 5 games ahead

There's a lot of ifs, ands, and buts... There is nothing we can do about it except hope that we can pull through the rest of the season.

The Zankees
09-18-07, 03:00 PM
Anyone see the new YES commercial? It starts with the Yankee flag being rained on with lightening and then it cuts to the "season-long comeback" starting with Jeter making a great jumping catch "ELEVATION, Arod hitting 500 "CELEBRATION", MO coming in "ANTICIPATION", "EXPECTATION", 27TH CHAMPIONSHIP.

My god that is awesome

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 03:03 PM
Anyone see the new YES commercial? It starts with the Yankee flag being rained on with lightening and then it cuts to the "season-long comeback" starting with Jeter making a great jumping catch "ELEVATION, Arod hitting 500 "CELEBRATION", MO coming in "ANTICIPATION", "EXPECTATION", 27TH CHAMPIONSHIP.

My god that is awesome

Oh wow....that does sound awesome....can't wait to see it. :)

effdamets
09-18-07, 03:08 PM
Oh wow....that does sound awesome....can't wait to see it. :)
Not tonight for you! :lol:

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 03:10 PM
Not tonight for you! :lol:

Jerk :lol:

frostdude1
09-18-07, 03:11 PM

My god that is awesome

Youtube it :eek:

effdamets
09-18-07, 03:25 PM
Jerk :lol:
All kindsa compliments coming from you today!!! :lol:

The Zankees
09-18-07, 03:41 PM
Youtube it :eek:

Don't have the ability to video capture :(

I'm sure they will run the commercial oh about 50000 more times ;)

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 04:01 PM
All kindsa compliments coming from you today!!! :lol:

And you, my friend. :D

Sam18
09-18-07, 04:02 PM
Can you guys take this crap to the LTE? Thanks.

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 04:04 PM
Can you guys take this crap to the LTE? Thanks.

Shut up punk :mad:

frostdude1
09-18-07, 04:24 PM
Don't have the ability to video capture :(

I'm sure they will run the commercial oh about 50000 more times ;)

problem is , I dont have YES :(

The Zankees
09-18-07, 04:31 PM
problem is , I dont have YES :(

Hopefully one of our other forum members who can capture live tv will be nice enough to upload it for us:P

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 05:12 PM

JKelley34? Irish, Ortiz' number, defending racist remarks from sox fans?

You make the call.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 05:16 PM
Thank you for posting that link to the SOSH board. What a riot. Pleasure reading. It is hard to say which post was the most fun to read.

The Friday night gamethread where we came back and scored 6 in the 8th off of Papelbon and Okijima...was priceless.;)

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 05:54 PM
you stay classy, sosh.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 06:06 PM
JKelley34? Irish, Ortiz' number, defending racist remarks from sox fans?

You make the call.

Spot on deduction skills. Let him defend SoSH, so mcbluelips isn't racist, most of the crap they are typing is offensive or filthy. One guy's sig quote is that "if Bobby Abreu hadn't approved the trade to NY, then Lidle would still be alive today, how do you think Bobby feels about that now?"

So let JKelley34 defend his fellow SoSH'ers.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:08 PM
Spot on deduction skills. Let him defend SoSH, so mcbluelips isn't racist, most of the crap they are typing is offensive or filthy. One guy's sig quote is that "if Bobby Abreu hadn't approved the trade to NY, then Lidle would still be alive today, how do you think Bobby feels about that now?"

So let JKelley34 defend his fellow SoSH'ers.

It amazes me even more that the moderators (if there are any) allow pieces of trash like that person to have that in his sig.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 06:12 PM
It amazes me even more that the moderators (if there are any) allow pieces of trash like that person to have that in his sig.

It is quite sad, and the whole forum there is really classless. Here we have to respect those who are Red Sox fans who wish to debate and chat respectfully. Over at SoSH if you are Yankees fan even if you try and talk baseball you will be told to move the F on.

On the flipside, I have enjoyed googling myself and seen that a few of my posts have been used as "nyyfans.com nuggets" meant to fuel the rage before the big games this past weekend.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:17 PM
It is quite sad, and the whole forum there is really classless. Here we have to respect those who are Red Sox fans who wish to debate and chat respectfully. Over at SoSH if you are Yankees fan even if you try and talk baseball you will be told to move the F on.

On the flipside, I have enjoyed googling myself and seen that a few of my posts have been used as "nyyfans.com nuggets" meant to fuel the rage before the big games this past weekend.

I don't think I've seen any of my posts used over there.

It just amazes me the kind of things those pathetic individuals come up with.

*Wishing Wakefield turned out like Everett (that NFL player)
*Wishing Jeter had AIDS.

It's mind boggling.

hatfieldms
09-18-07, 06:18 PM
I am pretty surprised at what they allow on SOSH. As big as the board is you would thin they would try to somewhat moderate it. The other big message boards i post on regularly(NYYfans, and WSP) would not allow a lot of that to go on. As they shouldnt

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:19 PM
Being in RI on saturday, I sure heard my fair share of Yankee slandering first hand. Quite despicable some of the things that were said.

Sam18
09-18-07, 06:38 PM
Nice:

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=22913&view=findpost&p=1043295

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 06:41 PM
Nice:

Congrats Sam, we both made it to that one!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:42 PM
Sam's formula is sosh famous.

yanksphan
09-18-07, 06:43 PM
Nice:

You're famous!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:43 PM
Damn even when they try to rip on us, they sound like the offspring of a brother & sister.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 06:44 PM
These games need to get started soon, this went from watching the scoreboard to watching SoSH and feeling sick to your stomach.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 06:45 PM
I am pretty surprised at what they allow on SOSH. As big as the board is you would thin they would try to somewhat moderate it. The other big message boards i post on regularly(NYYfans, and WSP) would not allow a lot of that to go on. As they shouldnt

Are you kidding? The Mods there post in the game threads and are just embarrassing as the others.

The Mods have the tag "DOPE" under their avatars.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 06:46 PM
Are you kidding? The Mods there post in the game threads and are just embarrassing as the others.

The Mods have the tag "DOPE" under their avatars.

They have certainly taken Johnny Damon's Idiots and went with that concept.

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 06:48 PM
Nice to be regularly called a MFY. Idiots.

Sam18
09-18-07, 06:49 PM
New formula from Sam18:

okajima+papelbon=Yankees' bitches

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 06:50 PM
New formula from Sam18:

okajima+papelbon=Yankees' bitches

Hahaha. You're a math wiz, Sam.;)

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 06:51 PM
MFY lol as if that's clever or something. What a super cool acronym. Tools.

yankeeman61
09-18-07, 06:58 PM
:lol: The Red Sox pre-game showing Mussina getting lit up and of course no highlights from his most recent start. Think there's some wishful thinking going on in Boston?

I think they can feel the Yankee breath on the back of their Red necks

LIYanks
09-18-07, 07:05 PM
I see Cleveland overtaking LAA for the second best record in AL. If that's the case, I'd rather not win the division because we all know how LAA has played us ever since Torre got here.

Cambridge
09-18-07, 07:14 PM
I see Cleveland overtaking LAA for the second best record in AL. If that's the case, I'd rather not win the division because we all know how LAA has played us ever since Torre got here.

As of the moment they have identical records with Cleveland holding the tie-breaker. The Indians are also within a game-and-a-half of having the best record in the AL.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 07:15 PM
good start for Westbrook.

1IP, 1H, 2Ks 17/12

Meecham4ever
09-18-07, 07:16 PM
:lol: The Red Sox pre-game showing Mussina getting lit up and of course no highlights from his most recent start. Think there's some wishful thinking going on in Boston?

Any lineups? Is Manny playing? How many series has he missed, and how many can he milk out of an oblique injury? :D

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 07:22 PM
Any lineups? Is Manny playing? How many series has he missed, and how many can he milk out of an oblique injury? :D
No Manny or Youk tonight.

1-0 Jays!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 07:24 PM
Rios with an RBI double

1-0

LIYanks
09-18-07, 07:24 PM

No Manny tonight for Boston. He sure is taking his sweet time getting back but I guess that's just Manny being Manny.

If Boston loses another game tonight to Toronto and we climb within 2.5, I expect major panic in RSN tomorrow. After hearing my Sox friends telling me all season long that Boston has the division all locked up, I am enjoying every minute of their frustration now.

Go BJ! Go Burnett! :P

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 07:25 PM
Toronto's set up with corners and only 1 out. Lester looks eminently hittable.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 07:25 PM
Frank The Tank.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 07:27 PM
Hill basically saw nothing to hit that AB, but he went up there hacking away. Very bad job.

Bases juiced now with 2 out.

ny
09-18-07, 07:29 PM

The vacation is up to 19 games and counting but hey its just Manny being Manny ;)

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 07:30 PM
bases juiced for zaun.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 07:32 PM
The Jays get 1, but Lester threw almost 30 pitches in the 1st (28 to be exact). Not much command there.

4bronxbombers
09-18-07, 07:34 PM

:lol:

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 07:39 PM
Burnett doesn't have his best stuff tonight. The Sox are getting a few solid hits.

And as I type that, a DP ends the top of the 2nd. 1-0 Blue Jays.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 07:54 PM
from sosh's GT tonight:

"If they strand another leadoff hitter, I'll beat my girlfriend."

Sam18
09-18-07, 07:59 PM
from sosh's GT tonight:

"If they strand another leadoff hitter, I'll beat my girlfriend."
Slam his hand against the wall?

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 08:00 PM
Slam his hand against the wall?

First he'll dip his hand in a pitcher of beer to get "her" drunk.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 08:01 PM
"And now Pussina is unstoppable. Great, now teams aren't even scoring off the back end of the MFY rotation."

lol!

Sam18
09-18-07, 08:03 PM
Damn now I wanna join sosh as a sox fan and be their Mark19.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 08:04 PM
1-0 Jays thru 3.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 08:12 PM
Burnett isn't really impressing me tonight, but he sure made Hinske look stupid there.

Tie game at 1.

That's where the score will hold, mid 4th.

Sam18
09-18-07, 08:16 PM
http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53119&page=3

The tigers GT, doesn't seem like they like Verlander much.

R.V.47
09-18-07, 08:19 PM
Anytime the Tigers lose when Verlander pitches its big.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 08:31 PM
Boston takes the lead.

That 2nd run is all they get as Drew goes fishing. Half way through at the Rogers Centre, as Lester looks like he's stabilized.

Meecham4ever
09-18-07, 08:36 PM
Toronto grabbing their ankles again, while we have to fight to the death vs. the Orioles :D

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 08:41 PM
who kidnapped the real vernon wells this year?

JSG
09-18-07, 08:53 PM
tigers/tribe must be a weird one ........... 4-4 in the 5th, tigers have outhit cleve 12-3 .............

StatenIslandYankee
09-18-07, 08:56 PM
Let's go JAYS! Let's go TRIBE!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 08:57 PM
has nothing to do with us but wow the mets imploding again.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 08:58 PM
As of the moment they have identical records with Cleveland holding the tie-breaker. The Indians are also within a game-and-a-half of having the best record in the AL.

Are you sure CLE holds the tie-breaker?

cbssportsline.com seems to think its the Angels that hold the tie-breaker.:eek:

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:00 PM
has nothing to do with us but wow the mets imploding again.
they're lucky the Phils fell behind; they're in big trouble.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 09:05 PM
Interesting power rankings.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb

spyglass
09-18-07, 09:06 PM
they're lucky the Phils fell behind; they're in big trouble.
I want to know where all of those "New York is a Mets town!" people have gone.

teknetic
09-18-07, 09:06 PM
tigers/tribe must be a weird one ........... 4-4 in the 5th, tigers have outhit cleve 12-3 .............

I think they have 16 men LOB, probably 18 now with that last inning they had. Burnett and McGowan have pitched very well.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:07 PM
Still 2-1 Sox, stretch time.

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 09:10 PM
Cleveland up 5-4 on a Victor Martinez HR

R.V.47
09-18-07, 09:12 PM
Gotta love the tribe this year 0-6 against us and now doing our dirty work.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:14 PM
Detroit loses tonight and I think that's probably it for them. 6.5 out of the division, possibly 4.5 out of the WC with less than 2 weeks to go.

YanksForLife
That ball was not too high. Two run shot for Gutierrez, 7-4 Tribe.

NYIndian2005
Nice going. Now if only Toronto can tie this game.

JSG
09-18-07, 09:19 PM
tribe 7-4 !!!

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:20 PM
Oh, the hell with ya, Vernon.

Spiker101
09-18-07, 09:24 PM
Detroit loses tonight and I think that's probably it for them. 6.5 out of the division, possibly 4.5 out of the WC with less than 2 weeks to go.

If the Yanks win. The Tigers get C.C. tomorrow on his campaign for Cy Young.

LeapsNbounds
09-18-07, 09:28 PM
Lets hope Gagne can implode in the 8th.

That would be sweet.

LIYanks
09-18-07, 09:29 PM
This should be interesting. GagMe is in for Boston.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:37 PM
Toronto has the go-ahead run aboard. Well, at least he's trying to choke (so to speak).

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:41 PM
Bases loaded now for Toronto. Base hit possibly gives them the lead.

sweet_lou_14
09-18-07, 09:42 PM
Bases loaded for Toronto now. A single would give them the lead.

LeapsNbounds
Bases Loaded Jays.

Just need a "clutch" hit :D

JeterForPresident
Gagme is trying to help us, hopefully he comes through for us.

CallOfTheCrow
Do it Zaun.

sweet_lou_14
Bases loaded now for Toronto. Base hit possibly ties it.
"Possibly"?

It's 2-1! ;):P

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:43 PM
I know what I meant. :P

2-0 count now. Oooooooooh

LeapsNbounds
09-18-07, 09:43 PM
I bet he walks it in.

Edit: 9 strikes / 14 balls

sweet_lou_14
09-18-07, 09:44 PM
3-0 count ... WALK HIM!

LeapsNbounds
Zaun, don't even swing.

BonusCantos
Gagne choke right on schedule!

DaYanks24
Eric Gagne is great.

sweet_lou_14
09-18-07, 09:45 PM
Gagne does it again!!!

Tie game, Boston crumbling ... MWAHAHAHAHA

JeffWeaverFan
Just walked in a run. He's terrible.

JeterForPresident
GAGME did it!

LeapsNbounds
Wooohooo!!!!

DaYanks24
1 more walk, please.

teknetic
Ahahahaha, how awesome.

BonusCantos
For those who weren't watching, Gagne got the first 2 outs and then put 4 straight guys on base.

sweet_lou_14
Let it hit you!!! Argh!

b_joseph
09-18-07, 09:46 PM
Gagne struggling again..its amazing how poorly he has done since the trade.

Good job, Cashman. I had my doubts, but good job.

LeapsNbounds
Keep running him out there Tito, he needs to "right" himself for the playoffs.

ksison
Yess!!!! Tie Game!

parkerstrong
Adams refuses to take one for the team.....now behind 1-2.

CalYankeeFan
Red Sox would've been better off using Gabbard in relief

Tabata
Gagne :lol:

JeterForPresident
Slowly things are coming into place, I feel something in the air.

LeapsNbounds
09-18-07, 09:47 PM
They need that back braking hit right here.

spyglass
LOL Gagne.

parkerstrong
2-2 now on Adams....does he walk Adams too?

DaYanks24
1 more ball.

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 09:48 PM
Toronto leads! The choke is complete!

sweet_lou_14
We are winning the division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaYanks24
Thank you, Theo.

JeterForPresident
He couldn't possibly have walked in another run?

mjdlight
09-18-07, 09:49 PM
Toronto TO THE LEAD!

YanksFanTillDeath
I think I just peeeeeed in my pants...

spyglass
We are winning the division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's hard not to feel that way!!!! :D

nnysiny
YYYYYYYYYYYES i love Eric Gagne 4-2

Tabata
2 and a half games back!

Thank you, Gagne :lol:

teknetic
Ahahaha, he won't make it into Boston alive. Holy moses.

parkerstrong
Good job Adams! Don't get HBP but gets a 2-run double! Zaum thrown out at home by Drew to save Gagne the embarassment of getting pulled from the game....

BTW, there is almost no way Gagne is a Type A free agent. :)

JavyVazquezIsSick
09-18-07, 09:50 PM
:lol: at Gagne

JeffWeaverFan
Adams refuses to take one for the team.....now behind 1-2.
He knew that Gagne is a horrible pitcher so it would be better to just hit a double instead.

CalYankeeFan
He couldn't possibly have walked in another run?

better than that! double 2 score, 1 thrown out at the plate

going to the 9th Toronto up 4-2

LeapsNbounds
They need that back braking hit right here.

And Russ Adams is the man.

C'mon Jays close it out!!!!

Gator's Shadow
I love when I navigate to sonsofsamhorn.net and the connection times out. :D

LIYanks
If we beat out Boston for the division, Gagne should get some votes for MVP. ;)

JSG
whoooooooaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYIndian2005
SOSH in complete meltdown

nyctalopia
09-18-07, 09:51 PM
i love theo epstein right now.

just-blaze
Wow, 14 innings 13 ER.

I remember all the hoopla over the new Boston "6 inning game" and that Cashman was an idiot for keeping Melky and or Kennedy.

cupcollector99
JD Drew is the best right fielder ever.

Sam18
I will get SOSH links if they hold on.

elsupremo2

Amen Brother!!!

RhodeyYankee2638
anyone tell Theo that Gagne is on our payroll?

CallOfTheCrow
cmon aj!

LeapsNbounds

I'll buy his jersey. :)

teknetic
09-18-07, 09:52 PM
Burnett out there at 112 pitches. Hopefully both him and McGowan are burnt out by the time they roll in here.

YankeePride1967
so, is Gagme still a Type A compensation player? :P

gregzzy22
Brian Cashman is a freaking genius. Major props to him.

Tabata

Not before me! :D

sweet_lou_14
One out!

LeapsNbounds
I also like that Burnett is still pitching.

Rastven
Gag-me strikes again. What a great acquistion Theo made.

YanksFanTillDeath
L@@@@king G@@d !!!!!

JeterForPresident
better than that! double 2 score, 1 thrown out at the plate

going to the 9th Toronto up 4-2

START SPREADIN' THE NEWS! I don't know if we get the division but what should have been a non-race just became something.

elsupremo2
09-18-07, 09:53 PM
There are people up on ledges all over New England!!!

just-blaze
I'll buy his jersey. :)

Ill buy a Yankee jersey with Gagne's name on the back

BonusCantos
One more to go!

DaYanks24
1 more K, AJ.

NYYMazda
Gag Me! I Love It!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 09:54 PM
2 down!

rodney27nyg

Gagne has reached "true Yankee" status.;) :D :eek:

sweet_lou_14
Two outs!

cupcollector99
09-18-07, 09:55 PM
Gag-me strikes again. What a great acquistion Theo made.

Gagne and JD Drew not working out as planned..

parkerstrong

I was thinking about that!...except the Yankees don't have names on jerseys because it is the logo on the front of the shirt that is important!

But I wouldn't mind buying a Red Sox Gagne shirt and wearing it! :)

JeterForPresident
Gagne has reached "true Yankee" status.;) :D :eek:

Much faster than A-Rod I might add.

BonusCantos
4-3 Jays now, ain't over yet.

DaYanks24
09-18-07, 09:56 PM
Well, that wasn't the desired result.

LeapsNbounds
I am so happy Burnett is going to throw close to 130 pitches in the game before we face him!

Yikes! Lugo homers?

nemo
Wouldn't everyone rather Detroit ride the Yankee's ass from here on out... and then the Yankees overtake Boston for the AL East.... but they fall behind Detroit in the WC? Then they don't even make the playoffs at all?

That's what I would want to happen.

sweet_lou_14
Uh-oh.

And I'm not talking about the homer, I'm talking bout Gibbons taking Burnett out of the game.

NYYMazda
Lugo sucks..... 4-3 Toronto 2 outs, Ellsbury comin up.

NyQuil
Lugo goes yard.

nyctalopia
julio freakin' lugo???

rodney27nyg
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Sam18

Not before me! :D

Go! Like the wind!:D

JeterForPresident
Gagne and JD Drew not working out as planned..

Who dares question the boy genius????

teknetic
Gibbons is a damn fool, take him OUT. It's AJ freaking Burnett, why the hell did he even start the inning at 112 pitches?

gregzzy22
All of a sudden, the red sox are in the wild card race according to sosh :lol: :lol:

Tabata
I just got in. 4-2? The Yankees dominating?

Anybody ................ing worried now?

................ everybody who was cool with us playing mediocre baseball a couple months ago. Now it's biting us in the ass. This team just isn't that great. Cite our record all you want, it doesn't mean .................

I've been watching all night but haven't posted but seriously? How the ................ can you put this guy on the postseason roster? I'd rather see ................ing Dave McCarty pitching in a big spot than Eric Gagne at this point. I hate blaming the manager for games but Francona not pulling him at the latest after that first walk is a ................ing disgrace. Francona clearly doesn't give a ................ about winning the division and seems to be comfortable just sitting there watching the lead shred apart instead of bringing in a very rested Papelbon.

Thank god Detroit is losing tonight.

Gagne might single-handedly cost us the the best record in baseball and opportunity to choose a playoff off schedule...and quite possibly the division.

Mother of god, he has ................ing killed us.

Thanks Tito...it was obvious to a blind second grader that he was ................ed

I hope he chokes to death on a plate of poutine. Really.

:lol::lol::lol:

elsupremo2
Good thing Manny is resting up his strained back... it'll come in handy as the wild card team!!!

CallOfTheCrow
09-18-07, 09:57 PM
whos coming in? Accardo?

just-blaze
I was thinking about that!...except the Yankees don't have names on jerseys because it is the logo on the front of the shirt that is important!

But I wouldn't mind buying a Red Sox Gagne shirt and wearing it! :)

Point exactly.....technically, he's not on the team so any true Yankee fan knows a name on the back is a "fake" jersey.....

Its bad karma, I wont do it......maybe in the offseason after we win 27.

NYYMazda
Burnett yanked, Scott Downs comin in.

NYYMazda
Burnett yanked, Scott Downs comin in.

nyctalopia
this is probably the wrong move for gibbons .... hope this doesn't come to bite him (and us) in the ass.

BonusCantos
I would imagine Accardo's coming in for the save.

Downs? Meh.

ny
09-18-07, 09:58 PM
There are people up on ledges all over New England!!!

JUMP :clap:

LeapsNbounds
Who dares question the boy genius????

Maybe Belichump will coach Theo on sign stealing.

cupcollector99
this is probably the wrong move for gibbons .... hope this doesn't come to bite him (and us) in the ass.

It would be nice if Boston lost but just reading their meltdowns and listening to all the cliff jumpers on the radio is enough for me.

LIYanks
09-18-07, 09:59 PM
SOSH and the entire RSN are in a state of complete chaos now.

What a week this has been so far. :evil:

sweet_lou_14
Jays one strike away. Finish this.

Gator's Shadow
I hestitate to post this , as Juilo Lugo of all people has just gone yard of Burnett but:

BonusCantos
JAYS WIN!

Panic in the streets of Boston!

jeterdaman
It's not even a race anymore. The division is OURS.

Retire21
09-18-07, 10:00 PM
I jumped for joy when Adams hit that ball. If you take out the cheap walk-off HR for BOS last week, we might be 1.5 games out....................

cupcollector99
Boston loses

DaYanks24
Victory.

Rastven
I'm loving this week so far

frostdude1
cmon u pathetic jays ... put the pink sox away !!

ksison
good game. 2 games out.

mjdlight
2 in the Loss column.

I can see the promised land just over the horizon folks.

destiNY
Sox lose

R.V.47
Ellsbury strikes out. The spirit of 78 is alive

NYYMazda
game over, Ellsbury strikes out LOOKING!!

SheffRocks11
wonderful.

JeterForPresident
Thank you Steve Phillips, once you said the Yankees couldn't win the division, you sealed it for us!

hardrain
2 games out in the loss column......wow

frostdude1
Panic in the streets of Boston!
AHAHA this is awesome :lol:

NewEraYanks2527
09-18-07, 10:01 PM
TH: Gagne

elsupremo2
I am loving this!!!!

JSG

and cashman an honorable mention !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet_lou_14
I can't help thinking that reversing any of those awful losses to Boston early in the year (the Mo meltdown, the Chase Wright game, etc.) would mean we'd be tied in the loss column right now.

Oh well, water under the bridge. We are still winning this thing.

nnysiny
its official: panic in Boston

NYYMazda
If Tampa had any kind of bullpen, we'd be virtually tide with the red sux right now. That 1-0 game they should have won, and the papi walkoff/2HR game.

cupcollector99
Cleveland needs to make it a trifecta.

Tabata
Gagne....a name that will get your ................ing ass kicked in every Boston bar for the next thirty years

................ you Gagne, you Feaux French piece of .................

Sweet...another almost ................ing comeback. Just like Sunday night.

If Manny doesn't get his ass off the ................ing bench tomorrow, I hope TavAREZ goes nutz on his ass and beats him with a baseball bat.

This sucks.

Remember when we thought Scott Sauerbeck was a bad deadline deal?

................ this, let them blow it. Maybe that will get Francona and Epstein canned.

:P :D

BonusCantos
09-18-07, 10:02 PM
AHAHA this is awesome :lol:
Honestly, if I were them, I'd be on full-blown red alert.

jeterdaman
We will end with the Division Championship, Best record in the League and Home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Unbelievable.

NyQuil
Ladies and Gentlemen, SoSH has gone nuclear.

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 10:03 PM
If Tampa had any kind of bullpen, we'd be virtually tide with the red sux right now. That 1-0 game they should have won, and the papi walkoff/2HR game.

Come on, the Captain would be the first to tell us we can't blame other teams. We aren't leading the division because we were attrocious in the first half of this season. 21-29 anyone??? All we can do now is keep winning and hope for the best. We can't sit and blame Tampa's bullpen, just ourselves, just our team.

Tabata
I hestitate to post this , as Juilo Lugo of all people has just gone yard of Burnett but:

That's too much :lol:

ManilaYankee
Go Jays! Go Tribe! :D

Retire21
I can't help thinking that reversing any of those awful losses to Boston early in the year (the Mo meltdown, the Chase Wright game, etc.) would mean we'd be tied in the loss column right now.

the cheap walk-off HR last week sticks out, too.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 10:04 PM
Tonight rocks.:D

Actually, so did last night.;)

iWant27

and the games Tampa lost to them which they should have won last week .

hardrain
This is Cashman's baby

NewEraYanks2527
Come on, the Captain would be the first to tell us we can't blame other teams. We aren't leading the division because we were attrocious in the first half of this season. 21-29 anyone??? All we can do now is keep winning and hope for the best. We can't sit and blame Tampa's bullpen, just ourselves, just our team.

I agree. I don't blame othe teams, there are plenty of games after and before we were 21-29 that should have been won, injuries or not. Let's just hope the Yanks keep winning, thats all. We could pick up another game in the WC tonight too. Just get in the playoff is all I want right now but if somehow someway it involves the Yankees winnning the division I'd gladly take it.