PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Mark19
09-15-07, 06:24 PM
It is only logical that Santana has the worst start of the season on a night the Yankees need him to be good.

R.V.47
09-15-07, 06:28 PM
It is only logical that Santana has the worst start of the season on a night the Yankees need him to be good.

True and the Twins dont have nearly enough offense to score 4 runs so that one is basically in the books.

sweet_lou_14
09-15-07, 06:30 PM

When I tell people I do not assign any higher probability of a Minnesota win when Santana takes the mound, they tell me I'm crazy.

But he was not the dominating pitcher in 2007 that he has been in other years.

Kluivert4Ever
09-15-07, 06:44 PM
So Im guessing my prediction of our lead being down to 1.5 after this weekend was not so crazy after all.

All it takes is a Yankee loss and Tiger win tomorrow:(

cupcollector99
09-15-07, 06:45 PM
Don't expect help from any other team. They will all bend over for Boston and Detroit, it's up to the Yankees to win their games.

JSG
09-15-07, 06:50 PM

if he loses tonite i think he will be 1-3 vs them all year. cy young my aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssssss ............................

JSG
09-15-07, 06:53 PM
So Im guessing my prediction of our lead being down to 1.5 after this weekend was not so crazy after all.

All it takes is a Yankee loss and Tiger win tomorrow:(

i think we will get to schilling tomorrow. beckett has been excellent all year and wanger has been really good but often without his best stuff, often winning but rarely dominant. BUT HOLY EFFING BATMAN, how HUGE does that incredible and improbable win last nite look ........ ?????!!!!!!!!!!

jeterismyhomeboy
09-15-07, 07:06 PM
The Yanks just need to step it up tomorrow. A loss is just one game. Let it go and get to work the next day. Hope the boys step it up; I want to see Schilling cry.

NYDCYankee
09-15-07, 07:10 PM
4-1.

Twinks get one back.

dogg
09-15-07, 07:22 PM
i think we will get to schilling tomorrow. beckett has been excellent all year and wanger has been really good but often without his best stuff, often winning but rarely dominant. BUT HOLY EFFING BATMAN, how HUGE does that incredible and improbable win last nite look ........ ?????!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was huge and at the time I thought it was the definitive message-type game: we're not going away...but they went away today with their best pitcher on the mound and crapped the field in doing so. What's up with these guys?

JSG
09-15-07, 07:31 PM
Yesterday was huge and at the time I thought it was the definitive message-type game: we're not going away...but they went away today with their best pitcher on the mound and crapped the field in doing so. What's up with these guys?

it's funny how we all still buy into that cheerleading/momentum stuff. works for football, rarely for baseball. "momentum is as good as your next starting pitcher..........." >> BLAH BLAH BLAH ........... beckett was great, wang so so, our plan B middle pen stinks, good pitching beats good hitting >> BLAH BLAH BLAH ............ over and out !!

Kluivert4Ever
09-15-07, 07:53 PM
4-2 Tigers now.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-15-07, 07:58 PM
After reading yesterday's GT on SOSH, I have to say, not only am I glad to have this board, but I'm glad to have perspective. There were a ton of Sox fans ready to jump off the bridge last night/this morning, and today, the Sox won, so the division is sewn up and there's no trouble on the horizon.

Honestly, I think the Yanks are far from dire straits, and the division is not mathematically impossible. Reading some of these posts makes me think of GoRocket's sig line: The Rule of 100. This team is not the '98 team, but it's not the '90 Yanks either. It has better pitching than we've seen of late, and it has fought hard, against all odds, to snatch a spot for October. This team has 2 career years, 14 homegrown, 1 pitching legend, and one outstanding MVP driving it, and they've come too far to let one bad game in Fenway destroy them.

On that note: let's go Minny!!!

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 08:10 PM
Anyone thinks the Twins are coming back to win this one?

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 08:26 PM
Wow crazy play and it's now 4-3 Tigers. 1st and 2nd 1 out....Sure DP ball back to the mound...Miner throws high, safe at 2nd...throw to 1st...safe at first...Punto races home all the way from 2nd and slides under the tag!

Kluivert4Ever
09-15-07, 08:27 PM
If the Tigers blow this one it will HURT (them;)).

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 08:28 PM
Dammit Mauer...1st ball hitting DP :mad:

Rally killer

Kluivert4Ever
09-15-07, 08:29 PM
Mauer GIDP on the first pitch.

I wanna punch him in the face right now.

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 08:34 PM
Twins need to pull this out somehow. It will make today's loss less painful

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 08:36 PM
2 pitches 3 outs for Zumaya

frostdude1
09-15-07, 08:46 PM
worst baseball day of the year maybe

lets hope tomorrow is better , I have a feeling it will be

The Q Bomb
09-15-07, 10:15 PM
worst baseball day of the year maybe

lets hope tomorrow is better , I have a feeling it will be Can't be worse - that's for sure.

JSG
09-16-07, 07:12 AM
i think the twins field a decent pitcher this afternoon and detroit pitcher one of their "young pheenom" dudes, jurriens who beat hughes in the 5-4 matsui/granderson inside the parker game in detroit a few weeks ago, and who has a rather sick .90 WHIP. this 2 00 start game will be over well over before we take the field tonite.

this is a HUGE game for us tonite. face it, the division is toast, let's not even worry about that. a 3 game lead in the L is fairly comfortable (we then go 7-6 detroit must play at .750 9-3 to tie; a more likely 8-5 then they are over .830 at 10-2, with 3 vs cleve on the road). a 2 game WC lead starts to get pretty hairy ........... hence let's go pound schilling tonite ........ !!!

b-ball-lunachick
09-16-07, 07:28 AM
Detroit is way too close for comfort...why do so many fans and media act like the Yankees are already in the playoffs? that irks me...

anyway, the Yankees control their own destiny -- after tonight, they have:

Baltimore at home
off day
Toronto at home (for 4, no offday - make up game)
At TB
At Baltimore

Detroit has:

At Cleveland
off day
KC at home
Twins at home
off day
at Chicago

The Yankees better not play down to their competition -- they need to win the games they should win, and they'll be fine...

JSG
09-16-07, 07:41 AM
exactly right, we take care of business, we will be fine. PS detroit has a much tougher schedule than we do down the stretch. cleveland/3 is away for them. minny will get some revenge, and the CWS games are not gimmes. tor is not a scary team and we play them at home, and the O's have killed us but their pitching is pretty decimated right now. the killer rays however still lurk ............. !!!! ........... win tonite and we are in pretty good shape ......... lose tonite we are still up 2 and should pull it off with our team and with the respective schedules ........... unless they get bipolar again and decide to really FFFFFFFFF with us ............

Haywood2K6
09-16-07, 08:36 AM
We are fine, Detroit can't last 2 more weeks with that staff they are using right now. Just play our game.

The Q Bomb
09-16-07, 08:39 AM
You do realize with this last game being the ESPN Sunday night game that the chances we will win are very small. Talk about playing down to the competition - The Yanks seem to love to give the ESPN Haters amunition to make fun out of us. Jeez, I hate when our games are nationally televised games. I have to have the mute button on and then I have to close my eyes for half the game because The Yanks ususally play so badly. That Lewin guy on FOX yesterday was positively naseauting!

sweet_lou_14
09-16-07, 08:51 AM
You do realize with this last game being the ESPN Sunday night game that the chances we will win are very small. Talk about playing down to the competition - The Yanks seem to love to give the ESPN Haters amunition to make fun out of us. Jeez, I hate when our games are nationally televised games. I have to have the mute button on and then I have to close my eyes for half the game because The Yanks ususally play so badly. That Lewin guy on FOX yesterday was positively naseauting!

I know there are times when I've felt there was a noticeable ESPN jinx ... but then again, how did being on ESPN work out Friday night?

Tonight's game is big ... unfortunately, I'm expecting another high-scoring, emotionally draining mess. How Detroit does this afteroon will obviously have a pretty big impact on how I feel about the game too.

Haywood2K6
09-16-07, 08:53 AM
I know there are times when I've felt there was a noticeable ESPN jinx ... but then again, how did being on ESPN work out Friday night?

Tonight's game is big ... unfortunately, I'm expecting another high-scoring, emotionally draining mess. How Detroit does this afteroon will obviously have a pretty big impact on how I feel about the game too.

We will be up until 1 am watching this I have a feeling.

cptcarl
09-16-07, 08:59 AM
Detroit is way too close for comfort...why do so many fans and media act like the Yankees are already in the playoffs? that irks me...

anyway, the Yankees control their own destiny -- after tonight, they have:

Baltimore at home
off day
Toronto at home (for 4, no offday - make up game)
At TB
At Baltimore

Detroit has:

At Cleveland
off day
KC at home
Twins at home
off day
at Chicago

The Yankees better not play down to their competition -- they need to win the games they should win, and they'll be fine...

This is very favorable for NY. Especially considering Baltimore and Toronto have shut down some of their best players for the season. (e.g. Bedard and Glaus)

nemo
09-16-07, 10:14 AM
This is very favorable for NY. Especially considering Baltimore and Toronto have shut down some of their best players for the season. (e.g. Bedard and Glaus)

Well we also thought that facing some terrible pitchers against TB and some other teams earlier would be favorable for NY, and look how that turned out. We can't think anything is favorable for us at this point. The Yanks (and us) can't look at it like we have the game in the bag anymore, as they've been doing for the past couple season. We need to play each and every game like it's our last and the whole season depends on it.

AMarshal2
09-16-07, 10:40 AM
When I tell people I do not assign any higher probability of a Minnesota win when Santana takes the mound, they tell me I'm crazy.

But he was not the dominating pitcher in 2007 that he has been in other years.

Twins 2007 record in games started by Santana: 17-14 (54.8%)

Twins 2007 record in all other games: 55-62 (47.0%)

This does seem like a strange year for him, though.

yankeeman61
09-16-07, 11:20 AM
Well we also thought that facing some terrible pitchers against TB and some other teams earlier would be favorable for NY, and look how that turned out. We can't think anything is favorable for us at this point. The Yanks (and us) can't look at it like we have the game in the bag anymore, as they've been doing for the past couple season. We need to play each and every game like it's our last and the whole season depends on it.

There really is nothing "favorable" unless you play to your capabilities. The Yankees are more than capable of beating any team on the planet but we have also witnessed how badly this team can look against "lesser" teams, i.e Baltimore, Tampa, etc. I am convinced this team will continue to drive us all to the nuthouse thru the end of season or post season if they make it there. And, yes it's an "IF" at this point. Detroit has decided they are not done yet and we have seen how quickly things can turn around so until the Yankees actually clinch the WC I am not going to assume anything. What is unacceptable at this point is overall poor play like the first 7 innings of Friday night's game or poor pitching and non-existent hitting like the last 4 innings of yesterday's game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the Yankees to be in every game with a chance to win. Suffice it to say I am cautiously confident the Yankees will get there somehow, some way.

gold23
09-16-07, 12:31 PM
Absolutely no rooting for Cleveland, except for the games they play against Detroit. If you guys want to root against the Angels, fine. But the Yanks are three behind the Indians, and as long as they finish ahead of one of the central teams I don't really care who it is.

JSG
09-16-07, 12:37 PM
Absolutely no rooting for Cleveland, except for the games they play against Detroit. If you guys want to root against the Angels, fine. But the Yanks are three behind the Indians, and as long as they finish ahead of one of the central teams I don't really care who it is.

agreed, i would much rather take out WC insurance than play the "who'd you rather play" game.

yankeeman61
09-16-07, 01:13 PM
1-0 Tigers already, Granderson HR...that didn't take long :(

JSG
09-16-07, 01:18 PM
bud selig should sanction the twins. take away their homer hankies.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 01:20 PM
I thought the Twins were supposed to try to win:(

YASS
09-16-07, 01:30 PM
In the KC/Cleveland game, Alex Gordon drew a two-base walk (wild pitch on ball 4 that also sent German to third) that was followed by a broken bat infield hit to score a gift run. 3-0 KC.

JSG
09-16-07, 01:32 PM
bud selig should sanction the twins. take away their homer hankies.

i was joking before !! now i'm serious !!

yankeeman61
09-16-07, 01:33 PM
3-0 Tigers...dammit Twins are not going to help at all

THEBOSS84
I hate the Twins

Kluivert4Ever
Anyone watching the Twins game, my hate for Minnesota just went up several notches after that play.

NyQuil
09-16-07, 01:34 PM
I see the Tigers are now pulling a Seattle, always getting a (couple) jammy run(s) in the first few innings.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 01:37 PM
Just what the Yankees need - the pressure of knowing Detroit won when they go to play Boston tonight. We're likely to see the return of the bat clenching team that blew the postseason in 2004.:(

R.V.47
09-16-07, 01:37 PM
Anyone watching the Twins game, my hate for Minnesota just went up several notches after that play.

The Twins are completely useless.

gold23
09-16-07, 01:40 PM
I MUCH rather the Tigers play the Royals than the Twins. Outside of three bats in the middle of the lineup, they are the worst hitting team in the majors. Four or five spots that probably don't start for any other major league team. Ryan did a fantastic job at developing his pitching staff....but not much on the offensive side of the ledger. Mauer doesn't count, as he was under dual pressure to take the local kid and not pay Prior his asking price.

Mark19
09-16-07, 01:40 PM
Game over for the Twins. They simply can't score 3 runs for their life.

How the hell did Morneau get MVP? Everyone on that team puts of hollow numbers and fails in the clutch. They got smoked in the ALDS last season after building so much false hype.

JSG
09-16-07, 01:41 PM
The Twins are completely useless.

.............. and they play the tigers another 3X this year .................

Gator's Shadow
09-16-07, 01:46 PM
Bottom line is that the Yankees are not going to be able to coast and rest. Detroit appears reinvigorated and the yankees are going to have to go 9-5 the rest of the way to ensure themselves of a spot.

Janttje
09-16-07, 02:00 PM
We have to do it on ourselves.. No help from others. But i do hope Cleveland who still not clinched the division gonna pound Detroit.

kirbivore
09-16-07, 02:12 PM
The Yankees will pound Schilling tonight with Joba and Mo shutting the door.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 02:30 PM
I blame Gibbons for this.

The Tigers were down, they had just lost to the Mariners and were on the verge of falling 5 games behind us, down 4-1 with 2 outs in the 9th.

Gibbons hands them the game and they have only lost one game since.

yanksphan
09-16-07, 02:33 PM
Jurrjens is throwing a no-hitter.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 02:38 PM
Detroit seems to have the distressing ability to pull up home grown pitchers who are good - witness last year. They knew what they were doing when they got rid of Jeff Weaver.

gold23
09-16-07, 02:40 PM
Detroit seems to have the distressing ability to pull up home grown pitchers who are good - witness last year. They knew what they were doing when they got rid of Jeff Weaver.

Dombrowski's been the best GM in the game everywhere he's gone. Montreal, Florida, and Detroit all benefitted greatly from his genius.

yanksphan
09-16-07, 02:41 PM
Dombrowski's been the best GM in the game everywhere he's gone. Montreal, Florida, and Detroit all benefitted greatly from his genius.

He's finally got an owner with an open wallet too it seems.

nemo
09-16-07, 02:44 PM
There really is nothing "favorable" unless you play to your capabilities. The Yankees are more than capable of beating any team on the planet but we have also witnessed how badly this team can look against "lesser" teams, i.e Baltimore, Tampa, etc. I am convinced this team will continue to drive us all to the nuthouse thru the end of season or post season if they make it there. And, yes it's an "IF" at this point. Detroit has decided they are not done yet and we have seen how quickly things can turn around so until the Yankees actually clinch the WC I am not going to assume anything. What is unacceptable at this point is overall poor play like the first 7 innings of Friday night's game or poor pitching and non-existent hitting like the last 4 innings of yesterday's game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the Yankees to be in every game with a chance to win. Suffice it to say I am cautiously confident the Yankees will get there somehow, some way.

wholeheartedly agreeed.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 02:51 PM
Jason Kubel is a joke.

Janttje
09-16-07, 02:52 PM
Twins as a whole time is a joke..

teknetic
09-16-07, 02:54 PM
Hopefully this offense continues sucking well into next year, more reasons for Johan to bolt.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 02:58 PM
Hopefully this offense continues sucking well into next year, more reasons for Johan to bolt.

Johan might be on the decline, if that continues next season I would be reluctant to give him the big contract he would want.

Although he is not old so this might just have been a subpar year for him.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:02 PM
The "MVP" continues his .850 OPS season.

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 03:04 PM
Man on third 1 out for Twins down 4-1 in bottom of the 7th

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:05 PM
Man on third 1 out for Twins down 4-1 in bottom of the 7th

They had a man on 3rd with 1 out in the 6th as well but Kubel choked.

Lets hope they can at least get that run in this time.

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 03:07 PM
4-2 Tigers, man on 2nd 1 out for Twins

R.V.47

If the yankees choke away this wild card and the Tigers win it the MVP race becomes more interesting.

Toaderly
He's finally got an owner with an open wallet too it seems.

I remember reading a story about him (Michael Ilitch) and the effect David Dombrowski had upon him when he was made GM in 2002. He more or less completely changed they way Ilitch viewed running a baseball team by going after talent that at first glance appeared to be somewhat risky. Some of his pick ups (Pudge, Ordonez) also took a bit of a chance going to Detroit but were paid well for their decisions. Picking up Leyland two years ago was really the final piece, along with grabbing some of the best youngest arms in MLB.

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 03:09 PM
Oh man am I pissed off now. Busher of the Twins ran through his 3rd base coachs stop sign on a base hit and is nailed at the plate by 10 feet.

teknetic
Johan might be on the decline, if that continues next season I would be reluctant to give him the big contract he would want.

On the decline? he's in the running for another Cy Young. If he had a half decent offense he would have ran away with it, can you blame him for struggling? he probably feels that if he gives up two or more runs, his team is done. He'll be 30 by the time he resigns, it's a tough call, but he's still getting paid.

Toaderly

A-Rod's 1.079 OPS says "Hello."

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:10 PM
Oh man am I pissed off now. Busher of the Twins ran through his 3rd base coachs stop sign on a base hit and is nailed at the plate by 10 feet.

Arghhhhhhhh, seriously, can teams stop handing Tigers wins!

First the Gibbons debacle and now this!

yankeeman61

That was completely disgusting. Next guy gets a hit of course

THEBOSS84
1st and 2nd 2 outs for Twins in the bottom of the 7th for Nick Punto

Kluivert4Ever
A-Rod's 1.079 OPS says "Hello."

Did I miss something?

NYSITH
09-16-07, 03:12 PM
What a putrid offense the Twins have. Half the guys are batting in the low 200s.

Toaderly
09-16-07, 03:12 PM

Part of me wonders if his lackluster performance of late isn't just psychological with his desire to get out of Minnesota.

yankeeman61
09-16-07, 03:13 PM
:-po'd-: :-po'd-: :-po'd-: Weak popup to finish the inning.

Kluivert4Ever
Part of me wonders if his lackluster performance of late isn't just psychological with his desire to get out of Minnesota.

Wouldnt blame him if it was.

I hate the Twins right now.

teknetic
I think Punto is the worst offensive 3B I have ever seen. How the hell is this guy still starting?

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:14 PM
Dont worry guys the "MVP" will get it done.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 03:15 PM
Are the Twins playing callups or is their regular team this bad?

teknetic
09-16-07, 03:16 PM
I ventured into the Twins board on mlb.com (sad, yes) and saw this regarding Santana:

A-men i could not agree with you more
1. Garza
2. Slowey
3. Baker
4. Bonser
5. Liariano
Dosent seem that we need him around
That way we will have the money to sign Hunter

How?

yankeeman61
09-16-07, 03:24 PM
Well that's that. 5-2 Tigers runner on 3rd 1 out.

Yankees must do this themselves

YASS
09-16-07, 03:25 PM
I ventured into the Twins board on mlb.com (sad, yes) and saw this regarding Santana:

How?

Why would they want to resign Torii Hunter?

Toaderly
09-16-07, 03:31 PM
Why would they want to resign Torii Hunter?

Or, why would Hunter want to re-sign with the Twins?

YASS
09-16-07, 03:34 PM
Or, why would Hunter want to re-sign with the Twins?

Another good question. Torii Hunter is vastly overrated, but he deserves better than the Twinkies.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:38 PM
Kubel can only be loved by his own moma.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:46 PM
Tying run to the plate for the Twins with 2 outs.

Buscher owes us!

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 03:46 PM
Bases loaded 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th for the Twins. Zumaya coming in to face whoever bats after Cuddyer

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:48 PM
A piece of advice for all you with HD, dont use it when Zumaya is pitching.

I nearly lost my dinner watching him on a regular feed, imagine HD.

Geeez, what an ugly, ugly person.

Its like a trainwreck, you cannot look away.

sweet_lou_14
09-16-07, 03:51 PM
Walk makes it 6-3 Detroit.

Kluivert4Ever
6-3 on BB RBI.

ajra21

perhaps you should stick to looking at those ladies you use as your avatar.

sweet_lou_14

In a league that features Julian Tavarez, I'm not sure why Zumaya bothers you so much.

THEBOSS84
Mauer bats with the bases loaded 2 outs vs Zumaya...

sweet_lou_14
09-16-07, 03:53 PM
:lol: at Mauer

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:54 PM
And Mauer promtly strikes out on 3 pitches.

THEBOSS84
Zumaya k's Mauer looking to end the threat

jeterdaman
Mauer stinks

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 03:55 PM
1,5 game lead unless we step up tonight:(

ajra21
09-16-07, 03:55 PM
Mauer stinks

he's injured. heard someone say he's at about 50-60%.

sweet_lou_14
09-16-07, 03:56 PM
Seriously, the stock of both Mauer and Morneau sure has fallen this year.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 03:57 PM
That hardly helps us:-po'd-:

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 04:06 PM
Leadoff triple for the Twins

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 04:09 PM
Base hit Twins. 6-4 man on 1st with no outs

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 04:12 PM
UGHHHHHHHH Lineout!

Can Detroit stop getting all this luck!

And now the worst player in the league, Kuble is up to bat.

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 04:13 PM
Kubel you piece of useless crap.

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 04:14 PM
1st and 3rd 2 outs for Mourneau trailing 6-4

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 04:15 PM
Please Morneau, if you are ever going to hit a homerun again in your life its now!

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 04:16 PM
At least Toronto and Baltimore are getting each other tired.

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 04:16 PM
Bases loaded 2 outs for Cuddyer

Kluivert4Ever
09-16-07, 04:17 PM
Bases loaded Cuddyer.

A single ties the game here.

Oh pleeeease!

YASS
How does Todd Jones keep fooling Leyland into thinking he's a closer? Some sort of hypnosis?

THEBOSS84
Tigers win

Mark19
09-16-07, 04:18 PM
How does Todd Jones keep fooling Leyland into thinking he's a closer? Some sort of hypnosis?

Because he gets out of jams like this all the time. Just watch, he'll get the save.

YASS
Cuddyer bounces into a forceout, and it's over.

Mark19
Cuddyer bounces into a forceout, and it's over.

Didn't realize you cared so much about the wildcard...

NewEraYanks2527
09-16-07, 04:19 PM
Pathetic Twins.

cupcollector99
09-16-07, 04:21 PM
And the Twins just need to come to Boston and grab 'em for the Sox too.

ZIM 2002
09-16-07, 04:21 PM
And Cleveland and LA lose. Our guys better be on tonight!How many wins in a row is it now for Detroit?

THEBOSS84
09-16-07, 04:22 PM
Jones was used 3 days in a row and Zumaya either 2 or 3. I doubt either will be available tomorrow vs. the Indians. Unfortunately for us, Byrd is pitching for the Indians, so the Tigers may not need either one of those pitchers to complete a win.

in2dust2002
09-16-07, 05:46 PM
Seattle is now down 8-1 in the 8th so at least we don't have to worry about them anymore. There pretty much playing themselves out of it.

JSG
09-16-07, 06:08 PM
Seattle is now down 8-1 in the 8th so at least we don't have to worry about them anymore. There pretty much playing themselves out of it.

that train derailed august 25. they are dead without a pulse. it's us or detroit. time to root for the tribe !!

ymike673
09-16-07, 07:10 PM
that train derailed august 25. they are dead without a pulse. it's us or detroit. time to root for the tribe !!

Since I have been rooting for the tribe all along to beat out LA I hope they can sweep the Tigers. I hope SOMEONE" can beat them! This is getting unreal. It seems like Detroit has won almost every game the last two weeks.

Hobbes40
09-16-07, 07:19 PM
Since I have been rooting for the tribe all along to beat out LA I hope they can sweep the Tigers. I hope SOMEONE" can beat them! This is getting unreal. It seems like Detroit has won almost every game the last two weeks.

I'm sure they're saying the same thing about us.

rodney27nyg
09-16-07, 07:39 PM

You're probably right.

It only seems like yesterdays loss was a 10 game losing streak.:(

yankeesAZ
09-16-07, 11:36 PM

They must be. Surely they thought Boston would help them. Now we get our best chance to gain some ground when they play Cleveland. After that, their schedule is fairly easy. Hopefully, we get at least one game out of this (Det vs Cle) or more.

Ours is not bad on paper, but we play teams that give us fits (TB and BAL).

Sam18
09-17-07, 12:30 AM
If you guys haven't...start from this page:
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=22995&st=760

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-17-07, 12:37 AM

Thank you kind sir for providing me with the best entertainment I have enjoyed tonight(more like this morning but whatever)

JeterForPresident
09-17-07, 12:49 AM

Ah another classic, gotta love this magical post...

I F***ing HATE Jeter

I can sleep soundly tonight.

JeterForPresident
09-17-07, 12:51 AM
What I also find funny is we talk about how we hate ESPN and there they thinking ESPN and Joe and Jon are pro-Yankee.

Also someone referred to Jeter as CI, I think, anyone know what that means?

The context was CI strikes again.

LuckyLopez
09-17-07, 01:02 AM
Captain Intangibles, I believe.

JeterForPresident
09-17-07, 01:05 AM

Ah, I am surprised it didn't contain a profanity. Some of the stuff they post there is just beyond the rivalry, it is just downright wrong. I dont know how much more I want to read.

-tz
09-17-07, 01:29 AM
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=22995&st=760I never go there but couldn't resist tonight. I also read through their ninth inning posts ... what seemed to make them the most furious at the end was Jeter's fist pump. :P

Casey at the Bat
09-17-07, 08:40 AM
I never go there but couldn't resist tonight. I also read through their ninth inning posts ... what seemed to make them the most furious at the end was Jeter's fist pump. :P

Kinda like the way some people here get really upset when Paplebon does his thing after a save. The parellels between the two fan bases is pretty funny. (btw, I didn't read the SOSH page, cause while there may be parallels between the fan bases, the two websites are like night and day.)

scottm
09-17-07, 08:50 AM

Reading that just makes me glad that this message board is nothing like that.

Janttje
09-17-07, 09:00 AM

Full of frustation, cause they always have and they always will look up against us Yankees.. ;)

teknetic
09-17-07, 09:06 AM
Kinda like the way some people here get really upset when Paplebon does his thing after a save. The parellels between the two fan bases is pretty funny. (btw, I didn't read the SOSH page, cause while there may be parallels between the fan bases, the two websites are like night and day.)

I also find it funny how both sides bash Miller and Morgan for slobbing over one's respective teams :lol:

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-17-07, 09:19 AM

OMG how funny is that, People on that forum are SICK :D

scottm
09-17-07, 09:23 AM
Full of frustation, cause they always have and they always will look up against us Yankees.. ;)

Our game threads get pretty frustration filled at times, but nothing like that. I just can't believe how any intelligent person could enjoy reading that inane babble.

EDIT: other than as comedic relief :)

Kluivert4Ever
09-17-07, 09:28 AM
So the Tigers miss both Carmona and Sabathia?

You got to be ................ting me.

scottm
09-17-07, 09:30 AM
So the Tigers miss both Carmona and Sabathia?

You got to be ................ting me.

I think they get CC.

Edit: yup they do: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20070919

Kluivert4Ever
09-17-07, 09:31 AM
I think they get CC.

Really? I hope so but last I heard was that they get Byrd, Westbrook and then TBA.

scottm
09-17-07, 09:31 AM
Really? I hope so but last I heard was that they get Byrd, Westbrook and then TBA.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20070919

mlb.com has the TBA being CC.

Kluivert4Ever
09-17-07, 09:32 AM
I think they get CC.

Edit: yup they do: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20070919

Okay, good.

To bad they missed Carmona though, I cant understand why Cleveland did not set up their two best pitchers for this pivotal series.

Janttje
09-17-07, 09:32 AM
They get CC..

scottm
09-17-07, 09:33 AM
Okay, good.

To bad they missed Carmona though, I cant understand why Cleveland did not set up their two best pitchers for this pivotal series.

Clevland is 4.5 up with 13 games left. This isn't that pivotal for them, it is pivotal for us. They need to win 1 game to avoid making the rest of the year even remotely interesting.

Kluivert4Ever
09-17-07, 09:35 AM
Clevland is 4.5 up with 13 games left. This isn't that pivotal for them, it is pivotal for us. They need to win 1 game to avoid making the rest of the year even remotely interesting.

I disagree, if Detroit sweeps then their lead is down to 1,5, I figured they would want to go for the kill.

If we had a 4.5 lead over the Sox I would want Pettitte and Wang out there to step on their throats.

Basically this is Detroits last chance at the division, I thought Cleveland might want to take away that chance of a sweep.

tdel23
09-17-07, 09:38 AM

I love reading the anger, thanks for the link.

scottm
09-17-07, 09:38 AM
I disagree, if Detroit sweeps then their lead is down to 1,5, I figured they would want to go for the kill.

If we had a 4.5 lead over the Sox I would want Pettitte and Wang out there to step on their throats.

Basically this is Detroits last chance at the division, I thought Cleveland might want to take away that chance of a sweep.

They win one game, they are up 4 games in the loss column with 10 to go. If I were them, the goal would be to think about the playoffs. But your argument is valid. Sweep them here, and you can go in to playoff prep mode the day after the series ends.

Kluivert4Ever
09-17-07, 09:40 AM
They win one game, they are up 4 games in the loss column with 10 to go. If I were them, the goal would be to think about the playoffs. But your argument is valid. Sweep them here, and you can go in to playoff prep mode the day after the series ends.

Exactly, I just think about what I would have wanted if it was us against the Sox, I would want to go for the kill, especially since its at home.
Then use the final two weeks to just rest up for the playoffs.

Hobbes40
09-17-07, 09:45 AM
Wow, the amount of profanity on SOSH is beyond ridiculous...

Anyway, here's to hoping the Indians sweep.

JSG
09-17-07, 09:54 AM
Anyway, here's to hoping the Indians sweep.

would be nice, but anything but a tigers sweep is fine with me. they lose two, beauteous, and even if they only lose one should be OK for us as if we can't go 2-1 vs a depleted orioles team, we are regressing and a big disappointment. if we just tread water over the next 3, we just have to go a very doable 6-4 to close out the season vs 8-1 for detroit to tie. let's just take care of business, and if the tigers hiccup, all the better !!

stazsanity
09-17-07, 10:14 AM
I love reading the anger, thanks for the link.

one person even went as far as to wish the aids virus on derek jeter... low even for a sux fan.

ymike673
09-17-07, 12:51 PM
would be nice, but anything but a tigers sweep is fine with me. they lose two, beauteous, and even if they only lose one should be OK for us as if we can't go 2-1 vs a depleted orioles team, we are regressing and a big disappointment. if we just tread water over the next 3, we just have to go a very doable 6-4 to close out the season vs 8-1 for detroit to tie. let's just take care of business, and if the tigers hiccup, all the better !!

13 games left against Baltimore, Tampa Bay and Toronto. If the Yankees miss the playoffs they have no one to blame but themselves no matter what Detroit does the rest of the season.

4bronxbombers
09-17-07, 12:57 PM
13 games left against Baltimore, Tampa Bay and Toronto. If the Yankees miss the playoffs they have no one to blame but themselves no matter what Detroit does the rest of the season.

Does anyone know if we'll see the likes of Kaz again for Tampa?

ymike673
09-17-07, 12:59 PM

I believe Kaz will pitch either the Tuesday or Wed. game. But the Yankees missed Kaz at the stadium and still lost 2 out of 3 to the Rays.

Janttje
09-17-07, 01:00 PM

He is due to pitch against Boston on 21st.. With 5 days rest he will pitch us on September the 27th..

ymike673
09-17-07, 01:03 PM
He is due to pitch against Boston on 21st.. With 5 days rest he will pitch us on September the 27th..

He has been tougher against the Sox than the Yankees.

effdamets
09-17-07, 01:17 PM
While I agree with this, it certainly wouldn't hurt for ALL of Detroit's opponents NOT to be in a coma when they play the Tigers! I would like to see the Yankees be able to set up their pitching rotation and rest some regulars for the post season.

jughead
09-17-07, 01:24 PM
What I also find funny is we talk about how we hate ESPN and there they thinking ESPN and Joe and Jon are pro-Yankee.

Also someone referred to Jeter as CI, I think, anyone know what that means?

The context was CI strikes again.
Those clever little folks at SoSH actually have quite a few not-so-clever nicknames for Yankee players...

Jeter - CI (alternatively: Fist Pump)
Posada - Dumbo
Mo - Fruitbat
Joba - JtC (Well... it rhymes with Joba the runt)
Matsui - Shemp
Clemens - Rajah
Giambi - HGH
Damon - Traitor
A-Rod - Slappy McBluelips and other variations (though they aren't using any nicknames so much this year :D)

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 01:24 PM
What is Detroit's season record against all of their remaining opponents?

cupcollector99
09-17-07, 01:28 PM

I'd like to know what games these guys were watching? They took first place in the F**K olympics I'll tell you that..
Is it mandatory that everyone use an f-bomb at least once in every post?

teknetic
09-17-07, 01:37 PM
Halladay, Marcum, McGowan, and Burnett for the Toronto series :scared: Offense better break out of this odd "slump" soon. The pitching probables for the Baltimore series has Hughes, Moose, Pettitte, what happened to Kennedy?

4bronxbombers
09-17-07, 01:37 PM
I'd like to know what games these guys were watching? They took first place in the F**K olympics I'll tell you that..

He's gonna get him.
Book it. <-------I think this is my favorite line before the sh*t hit the fan thanks to Jeets. :D <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1055681-->

Janttje
09-17-07, 01:39 PM
Halladay, Marcum, McGowan, and Burnett for the Toronto series :scared: Offense better break out of this odd "slump" soon. The pitching probables for the Baltimore series has Hughes, Moose, Pettitte, what happened to Kennedy?

Kennedy or Wang will open the Toronto series..

teknetic
09-17-07, 01:45 PM
Kennedy or Wang will open the Toronto series..

That I know, guess Joe wanted Pettitte and Wang on 5 days rest.

ymike673
09-17-07, 01:56 PM

It seems like the Yankees have faced Marcum, McGowan & Burnett every series. They have missed Halladay a few times so I guess the Yankees were due to face him in this series.
The Yankees really need to sweep the Orioles and hopfully win 3 games against Toronto on this homestand.

effdamets
09-17-07, 01:56 PM
Yeah - cause they're all stinking drunk as well as uneducated!

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 01:58 PM
Halladay, Marcum, McGowan, and Burnett for the Toronto series :scared: Offense better break out of this odd "slump" soon.

Holy sh*t, this isn't going to be easy. Atleast Glaus the Yankee killer is out, and Wells probably has his offseason shoulder surgery in mind. I will be at Sunday's game, I wonder who pitchers for us.

R.V.47
09-17-07, 03:47 PM

The Marcum, McGowan games are must wins. As for Burnett you never know when hes gonna be on or if he will be bad. Halladay is Halladay but the offense has to wake up especially Matsui and Melky

theDurk
09-17-07, 03:58 PM

I look at SOSH maybe once or twice a year. Every time it makes me rejoice at the way our mods enforce the CS in our GT's (which I read every game). Those who protest not being able to say 'so-and-so sucks' should be fed a link to this in order to appreciate what we avoid. Reading that was fun, but I need a shower....

Mark19
09-17-07, 04:02 PM
I look at SOSH maybe once or twice a year. Every time it makes me rejoice at the way our mods enforce the CS in our GT's (which I read every game). Those who protest not being able to say 'so-and-so sucks' should be fed a link to this in order to appreciate what we avoid. Reading that was fun, but I need a shower....

I agree, the work of the mods here ensures that the forum is attractive to those who aren't single white males aged 17-24.

Jace
09-17-07, 04:10 PM
I agree, the work of the mods here ensures that the forum is attractive to those who aren't single white males aged 17-24.

Although at age 13 that stuff would have drawn me like a magnet

ZIM 2002
09-17-07, 04:20 PM
Toronto is really scary - they will remember last year when they ended up ahead of Boston, and be real eager to destroy our chances - as opposed to the way Detroit's opponents are "playing".

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 04:27 PM
Toronto is really scary - they will remember last year when they ended up ahead of Boston, and be real eager to destroy our chances - as opposed to the way Detroit's opponents are "playing".

Sorry but I am not scared of Toronto's offense one bit. We can take care of their pitchers, I feel it.

R.V.47
09-17-07, 04:29 PM
Sorry but I am not scared of Toronto's offense one bit. We can take care of their pitchers, I feel it.

Jays have the kind of offense that can tee off against mediocre pitching. They have a lot of power bats, not much speed though. Good thing for us Phil isnt a mediocre pitcher.

cptcarl
09-17-07, 05:26 PM
Those clever little folks at SoSH actually have quite a few not-so-clever nicknames for Yankee players...

Jeter - CI (alternatively: Fist Pump)
Posada - Dumbo
Mo - Fruitbat
Joba - JtC (Well... it rhymes with Joba the runt)
Matsui - Shemp
Clemens - Rajah
Giambi - HGH
Damon - Traitor
A-Rod - Slappy McBluelips and other variations (though they aren't using any nicknames so much this year :D)

My favorite nickname for A-rod came from a Yanks fan: "Show Pony". I think it has to do with the way he carries his body when he runs. Of the SOSH names i find only Shemp and Fruitbat funny, like calling Ortiz Shrek.

Reggievision
09-17-07, 05:39 PM
Shrek ain't the same for me ever since Donkey left and signed with the Mets.

CallOfTheCrow
09-17-07, 06:05 PM
Boston
AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
J. Ellsbury lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .371
D. Pedroia 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .322
D. Ortiz dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .324
M. Lowell 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .330
J.D. Drew rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .262
E. Hinske 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .224
C. Crisp cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .271
A. Cora ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .236
K. Cash c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .125
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

thats some boston lineup.....

NYDCYankee
09-17-07, 06:23 PM
Big Frank Thomas hit a 2 run dong off Wakefield.

NYDCYankee
09-17-07, 06:25 PM
Cleveland up 1-0 right now over Detroit.

LIYanks
09-17-07, 06:38 PM
Cleveland up 1-0 right now over Detroit.

Not any more. All tied up now.

NYDCYankee
09-17-07, 06:43 PM
Boston getting shutdown by McGowan

JackTalkThai
09-17-07, 07:00 PM
A rare Placido Polanco homer makes it 2-1 Detroit in the 2nd.

teknetic
09-17-07, 07:09 PM
McGowan has some filthy stuff..I wouldn't be suprised to see the Jays actually be somewhat challenging next year.

LIYanks
09-17-07, 07:14 PM
Detroit is killing the Indians.

We'd better take care of O's or else.

Mark19
09-17-07, 07:17 PM
Considering how badly Cleveland has been choking these past few series, I think it is very possible that they fall out of the division and end up missing the postseason entirely.

teknetic
09-17-07, 07:25 PM
McGowan dealing.

LIYanks
09-17-07, 07:31 PM
Considering how badly Cleveland has been choking these past few series, I think it is very possible that they fall out of the division and end up missing the postseason entirely.

It's going to take a major collapse for Indians to miss the post-season.

Personally, I'd rather not face the Tigers in a short series with their starting pitching.

CallOfTheCrow
09-17-07, 07:45 PM
McGowan<3

NYDCYankee
09-17-07, 07:48 PM
Looking kind of good to close the lead in Beantown tonight.

Craig C
09-17-07, 07:57 PM
Looking kind of good to close the lead in Beantown tonight.

The Yanks are going to win the AL East this year.

Am I the only one around here to see this coming?

NYIndian2005
09-17-07, 08:01 PM
Everytime someone talks about getting back into the division race the yankees lose a few and we fall back. Its a major jinx to talk about it.

NYDCYankee
09-17-07, 08:01 PM
Just let McGowan finish this game.

The Zankees
09-17-07, 08:12 PM
Big Hurt with 3 Homeruns and its still early

LIYanks
09-17-07, 08:19 PM
Big Hurt with 5 rbi's tonight.

Memo to Joe: don't ever pitch to Thomas again with the first base open.

BonusCantos
09-17-07, 08:22 PM
If the Yankees win, they'll only be 3 back in the loss column.

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:27 PM
Indians have 1st and 2nd no outs in the bottom of the 8th vs Zumaya. Hafner at the plate

sahara
09-17-07, 08:28 PM
What's the injury delay in the Indians/Tigers game?

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:29 PM
Pudge got nailed in the face with a ball...he's okay

sahara
09-17-07, 08:30 PM
Thanks. :)

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:30 PM
Hafner grounds into a fielders choice, 2nd and 3rd 1 out. V Martinez up

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:31 PM
Rbi ground out for Martinez. 5-3 Tigers, man on 3rd 2 outs

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:32 PM
Indians tie it!!! Pehralta with his second homer of the night.

LIYanks
09-17-07, 08:37 PM
Sox lost. Indians on the verge of taking the lead. Yanks winning big in the Stadium.

This is turning out to be a great Monday. :D

teknetic
09-17-07, 08:54 PM
Borowski wanted to blow that badly.

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:57 PM
Leadoff walk in the bottom of the ninth

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 08:59 PM
Shoppach sacrifices runner to 2nd. Sizemore at the plate with 1 out

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 09:05 PM
And we go to extras

Tabata
09-17-07, 09:29 PM
Cleveland have one on with one out in the 10th.

Tabata
09-17-07, 09:30 PM
Bartfield caught stealing... into the 11th we go.

ThePost
09-17-07, 09:34 PM
As long as we keep winning and Boston keeps losing we'll be alright.

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 09:44 PM
Indians win!! Another Casey Blake walkoff

YanksForLife
09-17-07, 09:45 PM
Case-y! Case-y! Case-y!

Giddyup5
09-17-07, 09:45 PM
awesome! perfect night

Babe Rules
09-17-07, 09:46 PM

Nice :)

hardrain
BLAKE!!!!!!!:gulp::gulp:

b-ball-lunachick
alrighty then -- Detroit blows a 5-1 lead ...good deal! :)

now if we can get through a Farnsworth 9th (a very big if), that would be good. :D

spyglass
09-17-07, 09:49 PM
Indians win! Thanks Casey Blake! :D

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 09:49 PM
Up 4 games in the loss column with 12 to play. If we go 6-6, Tigers will have to go 10-2. I can finally breath easy.

knickfan23
09-17-07, 09:50 PM

Clutch.

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 09:51 PM
FYI, TB is beating LAA 2-0. If that score holds up, that would give the Indians the 2nd best record in the league, which would match them up with us in the ALDS.

Side note - I read today that we haven't faced Sabathia since 2004 - how can this be true??

keg411
09-17-07, 09:57 PM
FYI, TB is beating LAA 2-0. If that score holds up, that would give the Indians the 2nd best record in the league, which would match them up with us in the ALDS.

Side note - I read today that we haven't faced Sabathia since 2004 - how can this be true??

That is the only thing that worries me about the Indians. At least the Yankees have seen all of the Halos starters numberous times. The Yankees haven't faced Sabathia -- and if they get the long series in that case, it could be bad news.

LIYanks
09-17-07, 10:06 PM
Up 4 games in the loss column with 12 to play. If we go 6-6, Tigers will have to go 10-2. I can finally breath easy.

OTOH, if we go 10-2 and Boston limps in with 6-5, we will win the division. :D

BonusCantos
09-17-07, 10:07 PM
Remember, the Yankees have the divisional tiebreaker in the event that the Yanks & Sox finish with the same record.

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 10:10 PM
Who owns the tie breaker in the event the LAA and Indians end with the same record? I assume this would go by head to head.

sherlockjeterfan
09-17-07, 10:11 PM
Looking real good in the wild card, but I am still hoping that boston plays really bad for two weeks

justinvarnes
09-17-07, 10:13 PM
Who owns the tie breaker in the event the LAA and Indians end with the same record? I assume this would go by head to head.

Well, today they were tied in the standings and CLE would have played the Yanks if the playoffs started today.

That would make them the 2 seed, which I believe means they have a winning record vs. ANA.

Lumen
09-17-07, 10:16 PM

The Angels & Indians season series is tied 5-5.

BonusCantos
09-17-07, 10:17 PM
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="12">2007 American League Standings</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">AMERICAN</td><td width="6%">W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=wins&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="6%">L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=losses&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="8%">PCT (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=winPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td width="5%">GB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=gamesBehind&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>HOME (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=homeWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>ROAD (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=roadWinPercent&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>RS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=pointsFor&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>RA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=pointsAgainst&year=2007&order=false&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>STRK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070917&column=streak&year=2007&order=true&br=5&type=reg&group=7&st=2)</td><td>L10</td></tr><!--seasonType=2--> <!--startDate=20070917--> <!--StartDate is currentDate--><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bos)</td><td>90</td><td>61</td><td>.596</td><td width="5%">-</td><td>47-28</td><td>43-33</td><td width="5%">808</td><td width="5%">612</td><td>Lost 2</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Cleveland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle)</td><td>88</td><td>62</td><td>.587</td><td width="5%">1.5</td><td>47-28</td><td>41-34</td><td width="5%">755</td><td width="5%">661</td><td>Won 1</td><td>7-3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">LA Angels (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=laa)</td><td>87</td><td>62</td><td>.584</td><td width="5%">2</td><td>49-25</td><td>38-37</td><td width="5%">773</td><td width="5%">672</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">NY Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy)</td><td>86</td><td>64</td><td>.573</td><td width="5%">3.5</td><td>48-27</td><td>38-37</td><td width="5%">879</td><td width="5%">715</td><td>Won 2</td><td>8-2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Detroit (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=det)</td><td>83</td><td>68</td><td>.550</td><td width="5%">7</td><td>41-34</td><td>42-34</td><td width="5%">831</td><td width="5%">756</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>7-3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sea)</td><td>78</td><td>70</td><td>.527</td><td width="5%">10.5</td><td>44-31</td><td>34-39</td><td width="5%">726</td><td width="5%">756</td><td>Lost 2</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Toronto (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tor)</td><td>75</td><td>75</td><td>.500</td><td width="5%">14.5</td><td>45-31</td><td>30-44</td><td width="5%">679</td><td width="5%">639</td><td>Won 1</td><td>3-7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Oakland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=oak)</td><td>74</td><td>77</td><td>.490</td><td width="5%">16</td><td>39-36</td><td>35-41</td><td width="5%">701</td><td width="5%">699</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Minnesota (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=min)</td><td>72</td><td>77</td><td>.483</td><td width="5%">17</td><td>37-38</td><td>35-39</td><td width="5%">671</td><td width="5%">668</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>3-7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tex)</td><td>70</td><td>79</td><td>.470</td><td width="5%">19</td><td>42-32</td><td>28-47</td><td width="5%">756</td><td width="5%">787</td><td>Won 1</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Chicago Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw)</td><td>65</td><td>85</td><td>.433</td><td width="5%">24.5</td><td>34-41</td><td>31-44</td><td width="5%">640</td><td width="5%">793</td><td>Won 2</td><td>6-4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Baltimore (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=bal)</td><td>64</td><td>85</td><td>.430</td><td width="5%">25</td><td>32-42</td><td>32-43</td><td width="5%">692</td><td width="5%">780</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>4-6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Kansas City (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=kan)</td><td>64</td><td>85</td><td>.430</td><td width="5%">25</td><td>32-43</td><td>32-42</td><td width="5%">667</td><td width="5%">720</td><td>Lost 1</td><td>2-8</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Tampa Bay (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tam)</td><td>63</td><td>87</td><td>.420</td><td width="5%">26.5</td><td>35-40</td><td>28-47</td><td width="5%">734</td><td width="5%">874</td><td>Won 2</td><td>5-5</td></tr></tbody></table>

THEBOSS84
09-17-07, 10:18 PM
The Angels & Indians season series is tied 5-5.

I wonder how they figure out who is the 2 seed if they finish with the same record. Division record?

Sam18
09-17-07, 10:28 PM
Who woulda thought Yankees would be 3.5 games behind the best record in the majors back in June?

justinvarnes
09-17-07, 10:34 PM
I wonder how they figure out who is the 2 seed if they finish with the same record. Division record?

Coin Flip?? Just a guess.

JeffWeaverFan
09-17-07, 10:35 PM
Great night for us.

Sam18
09-17-07, 10:36 PM
Great night for us.

Awesome av.

hardrain
09-17-07, 10:36 PM
Great night for us.

Excellent

http://www.gosimpsons.com/ProdImages/BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

JSG
09-17-07, 10:39 PM
OTOH, if we go 10-2 and Boston limps in with 6-5, we will win the division. :D

right, so we THINK we want cleve to finish better than the LAA, but we're really not sure yet ........!!!

justinvarnes
09-17-07, 10:43 PM
right, so we THINK we want cleve to finish better than the LAA, but we're really not sure yet ........!!!

All the more reason to just get in the playoffs and face whoever they throw at us.

I agree with whoever said that the difference between the 4 postseason AL teams is very small. BOS/CLE/LAA...they all present problems and they all have holes that can be exposed.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 12:18 AM

hahaha. Yeah, I read that entire thread right after the game.;)

While a lot of the SoSH'ers are hypocritical and, well, down right sc_mbags, some are very witty in their crying/whining/insecure/jealous/adapted to losing sort-of-ways.

They have a nickname for every Yankee. I have the same for every sock. Unfortunately, I'd get banned if I used them on this board.:eek: :( :D

JeterForPresident
09-18-07, 12:20 AM
hahaha. Yeah, I read that entire thread right after the game.;)

While a lot of the SoSH'ers are hypocritical and, well, down right sc_mbags, some are very witty in their crying/whining/insecure/jealous/adapted to losing sort-of-ways.

They have a nickname for every Yankee. I have the same for every sock. Unfortunately, I'd get banned if I used them on this board.:eek: :( :D

Would you be kind enough to PM me that list of names for Sox players, I would love to use them in my everyday Sox bashing.

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 12:25 AM

Correct.

ARod= slappy mcbluelips
Mo= fruitbat
Matsui= Shemp
Giambi = roidboy or HGH
Pettitte= horse face
Posada= dumbo
Melky = Milky
Clemens = Fat Billy
Joba = Joba the c_nt or JtC
Abreu = some kind of monkey...I forget
Minky= eyechart
Moose = college boy or prep

thats all I can remember

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 12:32 AM
Would you be kind enough to PM me that list of names for Sox players, I would love to use them in my everyday Sox bashing.

Vagitchek
KYjelly (youkilis)
fat actress (schilling)
Pedophilia
Shrek/sasquatch (ortiz)
bliskett
papsmear (papelbon)
nono RISP
nancy drew
mike blow well

thats all I can remember

rodney27nyg
09-18-07, 12:51 AM
Except for the Angels/DRays game (and maybe Seattle), everything worked in the Yanks favor tonight.

nyctalopia
09-18-07, 12:54 AM
Correct.

ARod= slappy mcbluelips
Mo= fruitbat
Matsui= Shemp
Giambi = roidboy or HGH
Pettitte= horse face
Posada= dumbo
Melky = Milky
Clemens = Fat Billy
Joba = Joba the c_nt or JtC
Abreu = some kind of monkey...I forget
Minky= eyechart
Moose = college boy or prep

thats all I can remember
Melky is called "milk duds"

I still think that 'Eyechart' is the funniest one they have. Doug M. is thus named because he has so many random letters in his name that its comparable to one of those charts you have to cover one eye to read at the optometrist's office. Brilliant.

Gator's Shadow
09-18-07, 07:36 AM
Melky is called "milk duds"

I still think that 'Eyechart' is the funniest one they have. Doug M. is thus named because he has so many random letters in his name that its comparable to one of those charts you have to cover one eye to read at the optometrist's office. Brilliant.
I think some of their nicknames are pretty clever and funny, esp. Slappy, Shemp, Fruitbat, Eyechart and Dumbo. We don't seem to be quite as creative in that department. However, that is the sole value of SOSH.

They like to call mussina "the Racist". For the life of me, I still don't know where that comes from.

sweet_lou_14
09-18-07, 08:10 AM
I think some of their nicknames are pretty clever and funny, esp. Slappy, Shemp, Fruitbat, Eyechart and Dumbo. We don't seem to be quite as creative in that department. However, that is the sole value of SOSH.

They like to call mussina "the Racist". For the life of me, I still don't know where that comes from.

And saying A-Rod has blue lips isn't some kind of racial slur?

JSG
09-18-07, 08:19 AM
that's funny, he doesn't look bluish ............

sweet_lou_14
09-18-07, 08:26 AM
that's funny, he doesn't look bluish ............

I'm not saying I really get the joke. But if somebody called Ortiz "blue-lipped" they'd be branded a racist.