PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 10:54 PM
Can anyone explain the logic of throwing a 90mph fastball on the inner half to ortiz on a 3-1 count with the game on the line? If he hits a HR on a pitch down and away, you tip your cap. When you set it up on a tee for him, you should be clubbed

Yes. Its called Devil Ray baseball. Advancing to next lowest level of suckage is their prime goal in life.

Goal met.:mad:

hatfieldms
09-12-07, 10:55 PM
Ortiz is one of the few sox players I dont have a problem with. It isnt his fault that the media put him and the sox on a pedestal constantly

gold23
09-12-07, 10:56 PM
Until we overtake Boston in the standings, we are not the better team.

I don't believe this. Over 162 games, a few games in the standings is not that true of a measurement. Have they performed better over the whole of the season? Yes. But they shot out of the gate and have cooled signifcantly for a decently long stretch. The Yanks were terrible, and have played terrificly for a long stretch.

Right now, the Yanks are pretty clearly the better team. And you know what? The Red Sox know this too.

rodney27nyg
Two sox trolls posting in this thread currently, anyone care to take a guess on who they are?

Umpsrconferring and Jimmythe gent?

nyctalopia
Ortiz is one of the few sox players I dont have a problem with. It isnt his fault that the media put him and the sox on a pedestal constantly
actually, it is. he takes up so much space that no one else can squeeze into the camera frame.

CTyankeefan
09-12-07, 10:57 PM
LOL. Was that hr even out at yankee stadium? Talk about cheapo. That ball wasn't high enough to get over the yankees wall. Silly hr, young had a can of corn and blew it.

dont_ya_know24
09-12-07, 10:58 PM

agreed. at least he doesn't act like manny when he hits a home run.

frostdude1
09-12-07, 10:59 PM
OMG Boston came back and won ?? :lol: I told my buddy it would happen ... Tampa are pathetic !!

cptcarl
09-12-07, 10:59 PM
Al Reyes with the nasty 90 mph fastball low and in. He should get a job working for the Red Sox, as Ortiz's personal BP pitcher.

Actually that was Ortiz' first hit off Reyes ever, and it really should have been an out.

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:00 PM
I don't believe this. Over 162 games, a few games in the standings is not that true of a measurement. Have they performed better over the whole of the season? Yes. But they shot out of the gate and have cooled signifcantly for a decently long stretch. The Yanks were terrible, and have played terrificly for a long stretch.

Right now, the Yanks are pretty clearly the better team. And you know what? The Red Sox know this too.

Boston had its 2nd best start to a season in their history this year. The Yanks had their worst start in 30+ years.

LuisTiant
09-12-07, 11:01 PM
who didnt see that coming?

Like the rest of us, not me. Totally obvious.

Then I heard it was his first walk-off in over a YEAR. How unbelievable is that? Figures he gets it together just in time for this weekend.

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:02 PM
agreed. at least he doesn't act like manny when he hits a home run.

I hate them all. Actually, right now, I hate you all too.

Toaderly
09-12-07, 11:03 PM
But he is BIG and he is PAPI .

Me no like.

Rice14
09-12-07, 11:04 PM
LOL. Was that hr even out at yankee stadium? Talk about cheapo. That ball wasn't high enough to get over the yankees wall. Silly hr, young had a can of corn and blew it.

The Yankee Stadium wall may be shorter, but I believe it's much closer at that part of the field. In Yankee Stadium that would have been a no doubt HR.

In Fenway though, it should have been an out.

jeterismyhomeboy
There's no point in being bitter about it. I'd been expecting the Rays pen to blow it all game, and they did. I just wish it hadn't been an Ortiz HR. Short of a Pedroia HR, it's the most annoying way for the Sox to win with a walkoff.

Hopefully, rotational woes catch up with the Sox and they are unable to feast against bullpens that are much, much better than Tampa's (so, basically, the other 29).

LuisTiant
Fenway is 302 down the right field line. The stadium is 314.

It drops off really quickly in the RF corner and is 380 where the wall straightens out in right.

Jimmy had it right.

Funny thing, that ball was hit 380+ feet, at the Stadium that is in the 3rd deck :eek: at Fenway a decent Rfer catches it.

LuisTiant
09-12-07, 11:05 PM
There's no point in being bitter about it. I'd been expecting the Rays pen to blow it all game, and they did. I just wish it hadn't been an Ortiz HR. Short of a Pedroia HR, it's the most annoying way for the Sox to win with a walkoff.

Unless Ortiz had walked and Youkilis had hit it.

spyglass
09-12-07, 11:08 PM
Pedroia-Ortiz-Youkilis, back to back to back for a one run win.

BonusCantos
09-12-07, 11:09 PM

Hopefully, rotational woes catch up with the Sox and they are unable to feast against bullpens that are much, much better than Tampa's (so, basically, the other 29).
I'm not bitter about it. It's tough when we all knew it was going to happen.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-12-07, 11:10 PM
Unless Ortiz had walked and Youkilis had hit it.

Dustin "I'm a rookie but I'm going to mouth off because I'm a midget and being a midget means I get to mouth off and be obnoxious" Pedroia is still worse than Kevin "Balls being pulled into my giant head's orbit is the fault of the pitcher" Youkilis.

I would have laughed my head off if Papi had grounded into a DP. That would have made my night. *sigh* I hate the Devil Rays.

teknetic
09-12-07, 11:12 PM
Anyone else find it laughable that Tampa is celebrating their 10th year anniversary by sporting that logo on their shoulders? seriously, what the hell can they possbily be celebrating? other than the fact they weren't contracted.

Mel Marquis
09-12-07, 11:14 PM

As much as I love the Sox and hope we can somehow take the series from them this weekend, I don't think there is any doubt that the Yankees have a better club with more talent than the Sox.

Also, the Yankees have dominated the Sox in September. In the last eight September games they've played, the Yankees are 8-0. The way things are going, I'll be happy if the Sox can somehow win one game this weekend and somehow hold off the Yankees for the division.

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:16 PM
It drops off really quickly in the RF corner and is 380 where the wall straightens out in right.

Jimmy had it right.

Who cares? I can't be cajoled right now...especially by logic.:(

sweet_lou_14
09-12-07, 11:17 PM
As much as I love the Sox and hope we can somehow take the series from them this weekend, I don't think there is any doubt that the Yankees have a better club with more talent than the Sox.

Also, the Yankees have dominated the Sox in September. In the last eight September games they've played, the Yankees are 8-0. The way things are going, I'll be happy if the Sox can somehow win one game this weekend and somehow hold off the Yankees for the division.

Wow, that is a very honest post. I have a lot of respect for your candor.

It says something about the Red Sox that they've managed to keep the Yankees as many as 4 games back in the loss column, with how hot the Yankees have been. Other than the head-to-head games at the Stadium, Boston has taken care of business down the stretch.

girardi08
09-12-07, 11:19 PM
Do the Red Sox ever play anybody who is remotely good for the rest of the season? Christ, other than the Yankees it's like they've played the Devil Rays and the Orioles only for the past month.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-12-07, 11:19 PM
I just want playoffs. Worry about the division later. So the Yanks don't win it. As long as they're not setting up tee times on October 3, I don't care. At least if the division streak dies, they went out better than the lackluster Braves. Coming back from being behind the Devil Rays, playing amazing ball in the second half, all while enduring a rebuilding year, the Yankees make the playoffs? I don't mind that. Even if it's WC-style.

Carlton Fisk
09-12-07, 11:20 PM
Do the Red Sox ever play anybody who is remotely good for the rest of the season? Christ, other than the Yankees it's like they've played the Devil Rays and the Orioles only for the past month.The Yankees schedule isn't exactly lined up with division leaders either. ;)

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:20 PM
Do the Red Sox ever play anybody who is remotely good for the rest of the season? Christ, other than the Yankees it's like they've played the Devil Rays and the Orioles only for the past month.

And yet...we're 8-7 against the D'rays and 4-8(?) against those lounge lizards.:mad:

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:21 PM
The Yankees schedule isn't exactly lined up with division leaders either. ;)

We play the Red Sox. Do you?

Carlton Fisk
09-12-07, 11:22 PM
We play the Red Sox. Do you?The Sox have to play the Yankees who match up pretty well against us.

rodney27nyg
Oh, and I saw Gene Michael kick Carlton Fisks' ass in the early 70's. Now?

HA2007
Are the Yanks going to a 6 man rotation? Wang, Pettitte, Phrancise, Mussina, Kennedy, Clemens???

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:23 PM
The Sox have to play the Yankees who match up pretty well against us.

I'm just trying to soothe myself through bad humor. It was a joke. The Sox rule...at the moment.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-12-07, 11:23 PM
And yet...we're 8-7 against the D'rays and 4-8(?) against those lounge lizards.:mad:

If they had played three games over .500 against those two teams, Sox fans would be arriving at Boston area hospitals with ulcers and heart-attacks because the Yanks would be able to widen the division lead, or at least snatch the division going into Fenway. Now? Now they're trying to put the Tigers away.

Rice14
09-12-07, 11:24 PM

Actually, the Sox took three out of four(meaningless)games from NY in Yankee Stadium last year.(And the three game sweep this year was in August).

Your point remains true however. Simply put, the Sox have not had a starter go out and completely shut down the Yankees this season, even when they were winning the games earlier. Even Beckett has struggled. It feels as though Boston has to score at least 4-5 runs to win the game before it even starts.

The Q Bomb
09-12-07, 11:24 PM
Anyone else find it laughable that Tampa is celebrating their 10th year anniversary by sporting that logo on their shoulders? seriously, what the hell can they possbily be celebrating? .... LOL!

Damn! I couldn't believe when I heard that! Actually, Tampa played Boston pretty tough - too bad playing tough still results in a loss on their part - except when they played The Yanks Labor Day Weekend. I was at that Sunday game and can't believe The Yanks lost 2 out of 3 to them!

Carlton Fisk
09-12-07, 11:25 PM
I'm just trying to soothe myself through bad humor. It was a joke. The Sox rule...at the moment.That's cool. Quite honestly my worst fears were almost realized if Papi hadn't hit that home run.

I was not looking forward to the Sox only being up 3.5 games on Friday.

The Zankees
09-12-07, 11:25 PM
The fact that barring 2 UNBELIEVABLE comebacks, we should be 2 games back in the loss column. That really grinds my gears

rodney27nyg
09-12-07, 11:30 PM
That's cool. Quite honestly my worst fears were almost realized if Papi hadn't hit that home run.

I was not looking forward to the Sox only being up 3.5 games on Friday.

It might be 5.5. I can't picture the Yankees completing this sweep right now.

The only saving grace may be that we only had 4 hits today and the offense might break out tomorrow.

Rice14
09-12-07, 11:31 PM
The fact that barring 2 UNBELIEVABLE comebacks, we should be 2 games back in the loss column. That really grinds my gears

It's karma for the Gagne games. ;)

Carlton Fisk
It might be 5.5. I can't picture the Yankees completing this sweep right now.

The only saving grace may be that we only had 4 hits today and the offense might break out tomorrow.Who's pitching for the Yanks, Hughes?

spyglass
Who's pitching for the Yanks, Hughes?
Kennedy

gold23
09-12-07, 11:33 PM

If the Sox win a game this weekend, it would be a very tough road for the Yanks to win the division. Probably made much tougher by the fact that the last week they would likely have a WC spot wrapped up and be more concerned with being healthy and fresh for the playoffs (at least I hope that would be the case if they had a spot wrapped). If the Yanks win 2 of 3, they'd be either 3.5 or 4.5 back, and three or four in the loss column. Would be tough to make that up in two weeks. Not impossible, but very tough.

jwyshner
09-12-07, 11:39 PM
Mr. Rookie of the year fails to move the runner over.

Pedroia isn't looking to move the runner over to second. It's either get a hit or leave Lugo at first. If Pedroia moves him to 2nd or he steals 2nd, then Ortiz gets walked.

roblyo33
09-12-07, 11:47 PM
Pedroia isn't looking to move the runner over to second. It's either get a hit or leave Lugo at first. If Pedroia moves him to 2nd or he steals 2nd, then Ortiz gets walked.

Stop making sense!!!

sweet_lou_14
09-12-07, 11:49 PM
The latest from Peter Abraham put me in a good mood as I get ready for bed.

Delmon Young was butchering that pop-up in right field at Fenway Park just as we got into Joe Torre’s office after the game tonight.

What struck me is that the Yankees didn’t seem to much care. Not one player mentioned it or bemoaned Tampa Bay giving away another game.

For the last two months or so, the Yankees have stayed focused on the task at hand. Worrying about the Red Sox doesn’t help you beat the Blue Jays or the Royals. Worry about the Red Sox on Friday.

Derek Jeter had no idea what the score was and didn’t seem much interested in knowing.

Why should the Yankees care? They have been the best team in baseball since the beginning of July. They are 40-19 since the break. Whether they enter the playoffs as the wild card or the division champion is fairly insignificant at this point. One victory changes home-field advantage.

http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/

roblyo33
09-12-07, 11:52 PM
The latest from Peter Abraham put me in a good mood as I get ready for bed.

Delmon Young was butchering that pop-up in right field at Fenway Park just as we got into Joe Torre’s office after the game tonight.

What struck me is that the Yankees didn’t seem to much care. Not one player mentioned it or bemoaned Tampa Bay giving away another game.

For the last two months or so, the Yankees have stayed focused on the task at hand. Worrying about the Red Sox doesn’t help you beat the Blue Jays or the Royals. Worry about the Red Sox on Friday.

Derek Jeter had no idea what the score was and didn’t seem much interested in knowing.

Why should the Yankees care? They have been the best team in baseball since the beginning of July. They are 40-19 since the break. Whether they enter the playoffs as the wild card or the division champion is fairly insignificant at this point. One victory changes home-field advantage.

http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/

I will sleep better tonite, also!!.........love the attitude...........just win, baby

teknetic
09-12-07, 11:54 PM
Home field advantage is overrated anyhow :o Anyhow..I prefer having games 3, 4, and 5 at home.

keg411
09-12-07, 11:57 PM

How about a J.D. Drew walkoff.... :lol:.

And yes, I totally just jinxed everyone there :( .

iWant27
09-13-07, 12:26 AM
Does anyone if this is true ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3016267

"During parts of the 2003-05 seasons, opposing scouts were convinced the Boston Red Sox were stealing signs using a center field camera."

sweet_lou_14
09-13-07, 12:30 AM

"During parts of the 2003-05 seasons, opposing scouts were convinced the Boston Red Sox were stealing signs using a center field camera."

I can tell you it's true that the accusations were made. But I don't know any more than that.

JSG
09-13-07, 12:33 AM

i just caught the end of this play and it was on the computer so the picture wasn't all that clear. was young really just circling a ball that he could have caught if he had played it properly ????!!!! i noticed it bounced right back onto the field.................

sweet_lou_14
09-13-07, 12:36 AM
i just caught the end of this play and it was on the computer so the picture wasn't all that clear. was young really just circling a ball that he could have caught if he had played it properly ????!!!! i noticed it bounced right back onto the field.................

The wall in right is about four feet high and it bounced off the guy in the front row. He got turned around and seemed to give up on it. It was as though he trusted the roar of the crowd more than his own eyes. Horrible play on an easily catchable ball.

Abe Frohman
09-13-07, 12:41 AM
The wall in right is about four feet high and it bounced off the guy in the front row. He got turned around and seemed to give up on it. It was as though he trusted the roar of the crowd more than his own eyes. Horrible play on an easily catchable ball.

Delmon Young really mailed in that fly ball... sheesh. you really cant count on Tampa to be anything but annoying. we'll just have to do it ourselves. Hopefully we take this series this weekend and move on from there...

AMarshal2
09-13-07, 01:14 AM
Delmon Young really mailed in that fly ball... sheesh. you really cant count on Tampa to be anything but annoying. we'll just have to do it ourselves. Hopefully we take this series this weekend and move on from there...

I was at the game. He didn't give up on it, he completely and totally misread it.

metalyank
09-13-07, 01:21 AM

Where do you think the Patriots learned how to cheat?;)

Dynasties R Forever
09-13-07, 02:21 AM

I agree and it is a burner but hey, they are damn good team with the best record in baseball. They're gonna win a lot of games. We have to sweep, if we do the division is possible. If not, we'll get them next year!

yanksphan
09-13-07, 07:09 AM
3-1 count, speedy guy on 1st - I STILL walk Ortiz and take my chances with a RISP.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 08:25 AM
No one thinks that. Arod is clearly better. Even my Sox fan friends (and husband) say so.

I do not believe AROD is better then Ortiz, Jeter, Manny, or Posada.

AROD puts up great numbers, but has he ever won a world series ring ?
Jeter, Manny, Ortiz, and Po have done great things in ALCS and World Series.
What has AROD done ? Absolutely nothing.

Say what you want about AROD's stats, but until he becomes clutch when
it counts, then he isn't in the same league as these other guys. Manny was
world series MVP. Ortiz hits them when they count. Need I say anything
about Jeter and Po. What has AROD done ? Nothing.

effdamets
09-13-07, 08:30 AM

(this one ought to cause a stir today....)

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 08:30 AM
I was at the game. He didn't give up on it, he completely and totally misread it.

I agree, he looked lost, wind grabbed it . If he had experience in RF he would have caught it.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 08:31 AM
You cant do anything but laugh. The D rays are terrible and it is even funnier that the Sox were acting like they just won the world series for barely squeaking out a series win against tampa

Yeah, too bad we couldn't squeak out a series win against the D rays in our
own park. We must be really terrible if we couldn't beat the terrible D rays at home.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 08:32 AM
(this one ought to cause a stir today....)

ARod is the BEST player in the game today, No questions asked. Some of you jokers need to pick up the book Baseball for Dummies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;)

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 08:36 AM
Yeah, too bad we couldn't squeak out a series win against the D rays in our
own park. We must be really terrible if we couldn't beat the terrible D rays at home.

Do us all a favor cheer for the Thunder.

OldYankeeFan
09-13-07, 08:36 AM
I agree and it is a burner but hey, they are damn good team with the best record in baseball. They're gonna win a lot of games. We have to sweep, if we do the division is possible. If not, we'll get them next year!

Why wait...we get them this year in the ALCS from the WC position!

effdamets
09-13-07, 08:40 AM
ARod is the BEST player in the game today, No questions asked. Some of you jokers need to pick up the book Baseball for Dummies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;)
Who me?

I agree with you and was just pointing out the fact that once the masses are logged on here today, that post is going to get some attention.

I don't (usually) even bother with this guy or that guy is better than A-Rod because he has a World Series ring. People with that philosophy in their head must think that Jim Leyritz is better than Alex too. I mean, he has WS rings and hit some clutch homers when they counted.... No?

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 08:49 AM
I don't (usually) even bother with this guy or that guy is better than A-Rod because he has a World Series ring. People with that philosophy in their head must think that Jim Leyritz is better than Alex too. I mean, he has WS rings and hit some clutch homers when they counted.... No?

No, that's not the philosophy. If you compare AROD's stats to Manny, Ortiz, Jeter, and Po over the past five years, you'll see that AROD is clearly ahead of Po, ahead
of Jeter, and slightly ahead of Manny and Ortiz. So I did not mention players
like Leyritz or Brian Doyle.

When I look at these superstars like AROD, Jeter, Po, Manny, and Ortiz, I see
that all these guys except for AROD have come up clutch in ALCS and the World Series. No one can refute this. All these players have had a chance to come up big for their team when it counts in the playoffs, and AROD is the only one who has
failed. All the other guys are therefore better then him, because they can do it
when it really counts. Until AROD does it when it counts, then he is in 2nd place to these other great superstars.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 08:53 AM
Who me?

I agree with you and was just pointing out the fact that once the masses are logged on here today, that post is going to get some attention.

Not you, You didn't make that stupid ass coment.

sweet_lou_14
09-13-07, 08:57 AM

Reading this post is like weeding your entire back yard until you're sure you've gotten every last one, and then waking up in the morning and seeing a nice big one poking up between two tiles of the patio.

wang+cano=future
09-13-07, 09:01 AM

:wtf: This post doesn't make any sense. By that argument you can say that every player in MLB history that performed well in a Championship Series and World Series is a better player than ARod.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 09:01 AM
Reading this post is like weeding your entire back yard until you're sure you've gotten every last one, and then waking up in the morning and seeing a nice big one poking up between two tiles of the patio.

Sweet Lou isn't that the truth.

effdamets
09-13-07, 09:07 AM
No, that's not the philosophy. If you compare AROD's stats to Manny, Ortiz, Jeter, and Po over the past five years, you'll see that AROD is clearly ahead of Po, ahead

that all these guys except for AROD have come up clutch in ALCS and the World Series. No one can refute this. All these players have had a chance to come up big for their team when it counts in the playoffs, and AROD is the only one who has
failed. All the other guys are therefore better then him, because they can do it
when it really counts. Until AROD does it when it counts, then he is in 2nd place to these other great superstars.
Dude....

Your thinking doesn't add up. First you say that Alex is not as good as Manny or Ortiz becuase he has never been clutch when it counted. Then you say that Leyritz and Doyle are not good either, but they were clutch when it counted.

And A-Rod is much, much more than "slightly better" than Manny or Ortiz. Don't kid yourself.

yanksphan
09-13-07, 09:08 AM
A-Rod's LCS Numbers:

.315 .413 .611

Not too shabby.

He hasn't played in a WS yet, so can we hold off on the hanging for now?

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-13-07, 09:10 AM
A-Rod's LCS Numbers:

.315 .413 .611

Not too shabby.

He hasn't played in a WS yet, so can we hold off on the hanging for now?

Love to see him get his shot this year. I don't think he can be stopped. He gets on those streaks where you can't get him out.

justinvarnes
09-13-07, 09:36 AM
Sorry, but the facts are A-Rod doesn't have a single hit in the World Series.

BRNXBMRS
09-13-07, 09:39 AM
Tampa rolls over for the Sux and gives them 2 games, but plays the Yanks like it was Game 7. Contract that AAAA team posing as a MLB one.

JSG
09-13-07, 09:42 AM

yes, of course he is better than all of them, not even close !! he is one of the best players ever. he hasn't won it yet, but his career is not over and let's see how he does this postseason. he has had 2 1/2 bad playoffs but that does not define him. ortiz is a great player and incredible clutch performer for sure but he doesn't have a rod's skills or all around game. manny's MVP was about as thin and split decision as it gets, and is a head case i would not want on my team. jeff hofstetdler won a super bowl but i don't think he's a better QB than dan marino.

Abe Frohman
09-13-07, 09:42 AM
LMFAO at that post... slightly ahead of Manny and Ortiz? you really gotta stop puffin on the chiba cause its clouding youre judgment. Ortiz is a DH, Manny is arguably one of the WORST LF in the game, Jeter is overrated at SS (ill give you Jo-po cause he catches) A-ROD is far and away the most talented 5 tool player in a LONG while. people make it sound like he hasnt gotten it done all his life. what about against Minny IN 04? or up until and during game 3 in the ALCS... he wasnt the only one underperforming, the ENTIRE team underperfomed. same as in LAA in 05 and detroit in 06... the entire team sucked. but i guess ppl are always going to go out of their way to find something to say about em. I hope more than anything else that this year not only do we win it all, but that hes the main reason why. i want him to make reggies game 6 look like a walk in the park. what will they say then?

DkNNy79
09-13-07, 12:16 PM
Tampa rolls over for the Sux and gives them 2 games, but plays the Yanks like it was Game 7. Contract that AAAA team posing as a MLB one.

Tampa should've won one of these past two games. Absolutely terrible.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 12:23 PM
yes, of course he is better than all of them, not even close !! he is one of the best players ever. he hasn't won it yet, but his career is not over and let's see how he does this postseason. he has had 2 1/2 bad playoffs but that does not define him. ortiz is a great player and incredible clutch performer for sure but he doesn't have a rod's skills or all around game. manny's MVP was about as thin and split decision as it gets, and is a head case i would not want on my team. jeff hofstetdler won a super bowl but i don't think he's a better QB than dan marino.

I'm just not a big arod fan. I prefer guys like Jeter and Po much more then arod.
Last year arod was getting booed out of the stadium. This year (his walk year) is much better. Could that be because he smells green ?
I'm just waiting like the rest of you to see this guy perform when it counts.
Great players should do great things, right ?
If arod is so great, then lets see him do something for the yankees when it really counts. Marino had no team around him. Arod has a great team around him.
Let's see how arod does when the world series is on the line. I'm a skeptic.
I tip my cap to you believers. Let's put it this way, if it's the bottom of the 9th in a world series game, and I could have Arod, Po, or Ortiz pitch hit for me, I guess
you know who I'm not sending up there.

effdamets
09-13-07, 12:29 PM
I'm just not a big arod fan. I prefer guys like Jeter and Po much more then arod.
Last year arod was getting booed out of the stadium. This year (his walk year) is much better. Could that be because he smells green ?
If arod is so great, then lets see him do something for the yankees when it really counts. Marino had no team around him. Arod has a great team around him.
I tip my cap to you believers. Let's put it this way, if it's the bottom of the 9th in a world series game, and I could have Arod, Po, or Ortiz pitch hit for me, I guess
Hence the reason you are not a major league manager.

And you don't have to be an A-Rod fan to recognize that "A" - Alex has more talent in his pubic hair than 99 percent of the major leaguers to ever play- in their entire bodies, and, "B" you cannot judge a players "greatness" on a sample of 10 or 12 games, no matter when those games happen.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 12:34 PM
Hence the reason you are not a major league manager.

Neither are you. What does that have to do with anything ?

Kman1480
09-13-07, 12:35 PM

So you don't remember the weekend where the Yankees took 3/4 against TB and scored like 10 billion runs off of them?

The BJ's have scored 3 runs over the past two losses against NY while they always give the Sox a hard time. Are they rolling over for NY?

BillBuckner
09-13-07, 12:36 PM
Tampa Bay seriously pisses me off.

The Zankees
09-13-07, 12:37 PM
As pissed as I am about Tampa giving up BOTH games, the destiny of the Yanks lies in their own hands. Beat Toronto tonight, bash the Red Sox all 3 games and the AL East is up for grabs.

effdamets
09-13-07, 12:38 PM
Neither are you.
You're right. I'm not a major league manager. But I'm not the one bragging that I wouldn't use the best player (if available) to pinch hit in the bottom of the 9th of a World Series game.

BillBuckner
09-13-07, 12:41 PM
As pissed as I am about Tampa giving up BOTH games, the destiny of the Yanks lies in their own hands. Beat Toronto tonight, bash the Red Sox all 3 games and the AL East is up for grabs.
Technically not, they need some help from other teams to have a mathematical chance. Sweeping the Sox at Fenway, although as we all know is quite possible, shouldn't be counted on. And if Boston keeps stealing games like they did this week, it really doesn't look good Division wise.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 12:43 PM
You're right. I'm not a major league manager. But I'm not the one bragging that I wouldn't use the best player (if available) to pinch hit in the bottom of the 9th of a World Series game.

Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.
Message boards are for stating opinions.
Message boards become tiresome when people are
put down for stating their opinions.

Kman1480
Also...the Sox would be insane to pitch to Arod this weekend. Watch him get hit/walked pretty frequently

teknetic

Yea, he just willed himself to hit more homers and do it in crunch time because he smells the dough. There have been a lot of asinine posts on these boards, but good lord. While you're at it please feel free to not to watch October, since you know..you hate ARod and all, and he's the sole reason this team isn't even thinking about next year.

R.V.47
09-13-07, 12:48 PM
Also...the Sox would be insane to pitch to Arod this weekend. Watch him get hit/walked pretty frequently

We saw Matsui maybe coming out of his slump last night and we know how much he likes playing against the Sox. Hopefully he is straightened out for the Sox series this weekend so that if they dont pitch to A-Rod, Matsui will make them pay.

yanksphan
09-13-07, 12:49 PM
Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.

Misguided opinions are also tiresome.

YanksFanTillDeath
09-13-07, 12:51 PM
!!!! Extra, Extra... Read all about it....

Troll Alert, Troll Alert, Troll Alert,

effdamets
09-13-07, 12:52 PM
Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.
Oh - sorry.

OK - I'm stating my opinion. Any manager with half a brain would use the best hitter possible in the bottom of the 9th of a WS game as a pinch hitter and not put their personal feelings about a player in the way. Unless of course, they are not interested in winning the actual game...

The Zankees
09-13-07, 12:53 PM
Technically not, they need some help from other teams to have a mathematical chance. Sweeping the Sox at Fenway, although as we all know is quite possible, shouldn't be counted on. And if Boston keeps stealing games like they did this week, it really doesn't look good Division wise.

The Yanks only need to play the same way they have throughout the 2nd half.

If the Yankees win the next 4, wouldn't they be only 1 game back in the loss?

So if the Yankees play 1 game better the rest of the way we would be quote unquote tied with Boston.

Sure we need Boston to actually LOSE some of these games (damn you Tampa) but we hold our own destiny.

Is it a long shot to pull off the AL East? Yes. But the Yanks were also a long shot to make the playoffs about 2 1/2 months ago as well :-)

Kman1480
09-13-07, 12:57 PM
I understand that people hate the Sox but why even bother getting worked up?

Yankees are more or less a post season lock right now which was unthinkable a few months ago.

susieb8020
09-13-07, 12:57 PM

Arod has done that all season. He will win the mvp this year b/c of his great numbers, but more importantly b/c without him and his game winning hits and gold glove defense, the Yankees are golfing in October this year. I'd venture to guess he's solely responsible for 8-10 wins.

effdamets
09-13-07, 12:58 PM
I understand that people hate the Sox but why even bother getting worked up?

Yankees are more or less a post season lock right now which was unthinkable a few months ago.
I don't think it's about "hating the Sox" (maybe it is). I think it is more about not settling for 'good enough'. 9 straight division titles, why not strive to make it 10?

teknetic
09-13-07, 01:01 PM
Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.

IMO, your opinion isn't very good. :)

Kman1480
09-13-07, 01:04 PM
I don't think it's about "hating the Sox" (maybe it is). I think it is more about not settling for 'good enough'. 9 straight division titles, why not strive to make it 10?

Well nothing fans can to to "strive" I guess

But I hear you

roblyo33
09-13-07, 01:32 PM

Well, I guess Ted Williams, Ernie Banks and several other superstars don't measure up, either.

iWant27
09-13-07, 01:36 PM
So Yankees go to BooSux to play in that dump and dont get a day off and have to play a night game but Boosux get a day off . last month when Yankees hosted these stupid BooSux , they didnt have a day off and playing in detroit and Boosux had a day off .
Good job MLB and Selig giving your BooSux every advantage they can get .
Hey BooSux how does it feel to have all these freebies .

False1
09-13-07, 01:38 PM
Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.
put down for stating their opinions.When your opinion is negative towards the guy that signle-handedly (with an assist from Chacon/Small one year) got us into the playoffs to begin with in 2 of the last three years, will have two MVP awards in the pinstripes, has set the record this year for HR by a 3B, became the first RH Yankee to hit 50+ HRs, has played very strong defense on the balance of things, will probably have a hand in over 300 runs (300 runs!) created in terms of RBI + runs scored, steals bases, didn't flip off fans that boo'd him everytime he made an out during his .920 OPS "off year".... you'd be pretty naive to think that your posts are not going to get some action. Plus, they've been beaten to death in the 20 A-Rod threads.

roblyo33
09-13-07, 01:39 PM
Who's bragging ?
I'm stating an opinion.

Yup, opinions are like a**holes...........you know the rest!!

False1
09-13-07, 01:40 PM
Darn Devil Ray bullpen. If they don't blow these last two games, we're potentially three out going into the three game set with Boston. That would have been off the hook.

Hildy910
09-13-07, 01:40 PM
So Yankees go to BooSux to play in that dump and dont get a day off and have to play a night game but Boosux get a day off . last month when Yankees hosted these stupid BooSux , they didnt have a day off and playing in detroit and Boosux had a day off .

Well, it didn't help the Sox a whole heck of a lot last time...

a2ruYankee
09-13-07, 01:42 PM
I am not saying it is... but I think these last 2 Tampa games against Boston just may have cost us any shot at the division.

"Hope" seems to be popular on these boards lately... so I will "hope" that THAT is not the case:D

roblyo33
09-13-07, 01:46 PM
I am not saying it is... but I think these last 2 Tampa games against Boston just may have cost us any shot at the division.

"Hope" seems to be popular on these boards lately... so I will "hope" that THAT is not the case:D

Realisticly, our performance in April and May is why we may not have a shot at the division. It's amazing that with that horrible performance, we still have an opportunity...........GO YANKS!!!

Kman1480
09-13-07, 01:47 PM

Yankees got the Pirates at home while the Sox got the Padres on the road

Yankees also got 3 additional games against Kansas City

enough complaining already

Yankees take care of businees earlier in the season and nobody here is bitching about the schedule or the Drays bullpen

It looks so immature to say things like "BOSUX!11!!!"

iWant27
09-13-07, 01:47 PM
Well, it didn't help the Sox a whole heck of a lot last time...

I hope it doesnt help this time either . But thats not the point . I mean if its not MLB openly being biased against yankees when making the schedule , then what is . Those f**** sox would even be leading the division , I wonder if not for all the favours .

MattUNC2003
09-13-07, 01:48 PM
Arod has done that all season. He will win the mvp this year b/c of his great numbers, but more importantly b/c without him and his game winning hits and gold glove defense, the Yankees are golfing in October this year. I'd venture to guess he's solely responsible for 8-10 wins.

Stop. Making. Sense.

Yours (and a large group of others) logic is vastly hurting this argument.

Kman1480
09-13-07, 01:50 PM
I hope it doesnt help this time either . But thats not the point . I mean if its not MLB openly being biased against yankees when making the schedule , then what is . Those f**** sox would even be leading the division , I wonder if not for all the favours .

dude!

read my post

Yankees got the pirates at home while the Sox got the Padres on the road!

Take your tin foil hat off

The Yankee paranoia in here is disgusting and hilarious at the same time

JSG
09-13-07, 01:51 PM
Marino had no team around him. Arod has a great team around him.

????!!!! the dynasty yankees were very good well balanced teams with hitting pitching grit and mojo. and didn't they win 125 in '98 ?? the post o neill yankees have generally lost because their pitching sucked -- even in 03 when wells begged out of a game and we had weaver in the pen. since a rod has been here our pitching has been lousy, with notable exceptions. so the comparison doesn't work.

a rod has flubbed in the clutch notably, but not this year, where along with posada he has been the most consistently clutch player on the team. he obviously put too much pressure on himself the last few years and we have seen what happened when he just said FFFFFF it and let his pure talent take over. i mean, this is pretty obvious.

a rod probably already gets into the discussion of top 10 players of all time. he is clearly the best in the game now. by the end of his career, he will likely be up there with the babe and the game's true legends. manny will be having a drink with enrique wilson at the ritz carlton. if a rod fails to win a title over the course of his career -- which i highly doubt -- the best you will likely be able to argue for is a footnote to the statement that he was the best or one of the best ever.

DiMaggio56Mantle
09-13-07, 01:55 PM
If Selig (the Devil) and those evil schedule makers weren't out to get us we'd have more days off than just this past Monday and last Thursday! Meanwhile the Red Sox wouldn't have had to play everyday since August 27th!

Kman1480
09-13-07, 01:57 PM
If Selig (the Devil) and those evil schedule makers weren't out to get us we'd have more days off than just this past Monday and last Thursday! Meanwhile the Red Sox wouldn't have had to play everyday since August 27th!

Seriously it's such a joke that people bitch about stuff like that

Sox had an 8pm sunday game and then had to fly to Oakland the next day to play on the west coast....it all evens out

It looks silly for a team like NY with all the advantages that they have to be complaining about little things like off days

effdamets
09-13-07, 02:03 PM
Seriously it's such a joke that people bitch about stuff like that

Sox had an 8pm sunday game and then had to fly to Oakland the next day to play on the west coast....it all evens out

It looks silly for a team like NY with all the advantages that they have to be complaining about little things like off days
Well... in fairness, the Red Sox have their days off at the optimal times, or so it seems.

Kman1480
09-13-07, 02:06 PM
Well... in fairness, the Red Sox have their days off at the optimal times, or so it seems.

Yankees had a day off on Monday while the Sox are coming off of 16 games in a row without an off day

roblyo33
09-13-07, 02:08 PM
Yankees had a day off on Monday while the Sox are coming off of 16 games in a row without an off day

I guess the Sox will have a built in excuse when we beat them three straight...........correct??

Kman1480
09-13-07, 02:09 PM
I guess the Sox will have a built in excuse when we beat them three straight...........correct??

It didnt make a world of difference last time.......which is why it's so silly to complain about stuff like that.

roblyo33
09-13-07, 02:15 PM
It didnt make a world of difference last time.......which is why it's so silly to complain about stuff like that.

Just asking!!!

effdamets
09-13-07, 02:30 PM
My point was... people are seeing WHEN the Red Sox days off occur and the day before a Yankee series, two times in a row, well, they deem that as advantage.

I could care less. No matter the days off or not, the Yankees need to go into Fenway and beat the Sox.

Kman1480
09-13-07, 02:31 PM
My point was... people are seeing WHEN the Red Sox days off occur and the day before a Yankee series, two times in a row, well, they deem that as advantage.

I could care less. No matter the days off or not, the Yankees need to go into Fenway and beat the Sox.

I get that but those same people need to remember that the Yankees got to play the Pirates at home while the Sox had a west coast road series against the Padres. Yankees also got 3 additional games against KC this year.

Mantle'sMutt
09-13-07, 02:33 PM

:nopity:

Do you REALLY want to discuss scheduling?

Kman1480
09-13-07, 02:35 PM
:nopity:

Do you REALLY want to discuss scheduling?

Why do you say that?

I'm not complaining that the Sox have had it rough

Just saying that it all evens out as referenced by my posts about the Yankees getting the Pirates at home while the Sox got the Padres on the road

roblyo33
09-13-07, 02:41 PM
Why do you say that?

Just saying that it all evens out as referenced by my posts about the Yankees getting the Pirates at home while the Sox got the Padres on the road

Someone, PLEEEEEEEZE, pass the aspirin!!!!

JSG
09-13-07, 02:47 PM
and what about those rain delays in the 03 and 04 ALCS that helped the red sox set up their pitching ???? in retrospect, who can say bill belichick wasn't salting the clouds ????

stazsanity
09-13-07, 02:56 PM
and what about those rain delays in the 03 and 04 ALCS that helped the red sox set up their pitching ???? in retrospect, who can say bill belichick wasn't salting the clouds ????

:roflmao:

b-ball-lunachick
09-13-07, 03:02 PM
I can't stand the whole "so and so bent over for so and so" comments...I guess I don't get whether the people are trying to imply that those teams lost on purpose or that they only try hard when playing the Yankees? I don't get that...

JMHO that I had to get off my chest since I finally got caught up in this thread. :D

a2ruYankee
09-13-07, 03:03 PM
Realisticly, our performance in April and May is why we may not have a shot at the division. It's amazing that with that horrible performance, we still have an opportunity...........GO YANKS!!!

My reference is to the present opportunity.

I got your point though.

My point is a those 2 wins from Boston over Tampon Bay would have helped a great deal.

Go Yankees

effdamets
09-13-07, 03:08 PM
My reference is to the present opportunity.

I got your point though.

My point is a those 2 wins from Boston over Tampon Bay would have helped a great deal.

Go Yankees

Oh - this is great stuff!!!!

:lol:

susieb8020
09-13-07, 03:11 PM
If we win tonight I'll be glad we didn't have an off day so we can bring an 8 gamer into Fenway. Why stall the freight train?

jeterismyhomeboy
09-13-07, 03:22 PM
Plus, the off-day caused A-Rod to cool down. He hasn't hit a HR in two games! TWO! Yesterday, he only got on base once! These are very troubling developments to me, and, I should think, for Yankee fans everywhere.

Kluivert4Ever
09-13-07, 04:20 PM
Plus, the off-day caused A-Rod to cool down. He hasn't hit a HR in two games! TWO! Yesterday, he only got on base once! These are very troubling developments to me, and, I should think, for Yankee fans everywhere.

I actually think we should batter him lower in the order, to take some pressure of at with Fenway looming.

I would bat him 7th tonight and then 8th at Fenway.

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 04:31 PM

I'm not sure people of that mentality can read...nevermind comprehend.

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 04:36 PM

Lou...is he really that dumb or is he playing the "I need attention" card?

Nobody can, in actuality, be that dumb...or they'd forget to breathe.

I truly believe this is a child reaching out for the attention that mommy forgot to give him.

Sam18
09-13-07, 04:55 PM
Lou...is he really that dumb or is he playing the "I need attention" card?

Nobody can, in actuality, be that dumb...or they'd forget to breathe.

I truly believe this is a child reaching out for the attention that mommy forgot to give him.

Dude Yankee stadium is filled with people like him. We have a really stupid fanbase.

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 05:11 PM
a rod probably already gets into the discussion of top 10 players of all time. he is clearly the best in the game now. by the end of his career, he will likely be up there with the babe and the game's true legends. manny will be having a drink with enrique wilson at the ritz carlton. if a rod fails to win a title over the course of his career -- which i highly doubt -- the best you will likely be able to argue for is a footnote to the statement that he was the best or one of the best ever.

No doubt Arod has great stats in the regular season. Anyone can recognize that.

However, just look at what he's done for the Yankees in the postseason since we
were up 3-0 against Boston in the ALCS. He has 5 hits in 38 at bats since then for our Yankees. In the past two postseasons, he is 3 for 29. So he's hitting .111 for us in the past two postseasons. If anyone is going to call Arod great for hitting .111
for us the past two postseasons, then go ahead, call him great. For now
I'll call him a choker, because he plays soft in the postseason when it counts.

I think people need to read baseball for dummies. It's the book that instructs
you that players who hit .111 in the division series the past two years are not
great clutch performers.

Snatch Catch
09-13-07, 05:18 PM

were up 3-0 against Boston in the ALCS. He has 5 hits in 38 at bats since then for our Yankees. In the past two postseasons, he is 3 for 29. So he's hitting .111 for us in the past two postseasons. If anyone is going to call Arod great for hitting .111

great clutch performers.

The Yankees had a bye in the first round of 2004, that put them in the ALCS, too.

teknetic
09-13-07, 05:22 PM

He hit over .300 in every playoff series he was in, until game 4 of the 04 ALCS. He hit .421 in the ALDS and would have probably been MVP of the ALCS if the team as a collective WHOLE didn't fold.

I think people need to read baseball for dummies

Pretty sure they had people like you (the ones who omit facts that puncture a whole through their weak arguments) in mind when they made these.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-13-07, 05:23 PM
The Yankees had a bye in the first round of 2004, that put them in the ALCS, too.

And by "bye" you mean A-Rod batting the bejesus out of the Twins.

In Mo I Trust
09-13-07, 05:24 PM
great clutch performers.

That book would have also said the Reggie Jackson wasn't clutch at a certain point. It would also say that Willie Mays, Joe D, and Ted Williams aren't clutch performers. Who wrote that one, Joe Morgan?

hellonewman
09-13-07, 05:30 PM
That book would have also said the Reggie Jackson wasn't clutch at a certain point. It would also say that Willie Mays, Joe D, and Ted Williams aren't clutch performers. Who wrote that one, Joe Morgan?I hope not, Joe Morgan batted .182 lifetime in postseason:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/morgajo02.shtml

:)

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 05:53 PM

Your personal feelings toward ARod have no bearring on his greatness.

I hated Brooks Robinson and Emmitt Smith. That doesn't mean they weren't all-time greats.

When your personal feelings override good sense....you're Steve Phillips at best.

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 05:58 PM
Yup, opinions are like a**holes...........you know the rest!!

Everybody has one? And they all stink?:(

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 06:05 PM
Why do you say that?

I don't agree with any of the excuses that my breathren (fellow Yankee fans) are using but...you keep harping on the same series (ie: Pirates/Padres).

How many times did you play the Mets? They seem like the best NL team and you should know how they get up for their crosstown rivals.

We went to Coors and SF while you had those guys at home. A point can be made for scheduling advantages either way so stop homerizing that particular series.

roblyo33
09-13-07, 06:16 PM

great clutch performers.

Get a life!!!!

Meecham4ever
09-13-07, 06:17 PM

Probably true.....one that was proved FALSE was the rumor that we were planting 11 year old kids with baseball gloves in the bleachers during playoff games... :D

trentonthunder
09-13-07, 06:17 PM
Your personal feelings toward ARod have no bearring on his greatness.

I hated Brooks Robinson and Emmitt Smith. That doesn't mean they weren't all-time greats.

When your personal feelings override good sense....you're Steve Phillips at best.

Alex Rodriguez....................
2005 Yankees ALCS .133 batting average 0 hr's 0 rbi's
2006 Yankees ALCS .071 batting average 0 hr's 0 rbi's

That's 29 at bats and 3 hits when it counted. Since game 3 of
the 2004 ALCS against the Red Sox, Arod has been downright awful
when it counts. So when I say I prefer guys like Jeter and Po, it means
that they play big when it counts. Arod does not. Arod is not a great
player/Yankee when it counts. He continues to fail in big situations.
I hope he proves us all wrong this year in the playoffs, but until he does,
he is writing a sorry history of being a terrible player when it counts the most.

Meecham4ever
09-13-07, 06:20 PM

Alex IS the best player in the game today....but who becomes the best if he signs with the Cubs in the offseason?? :eek:

dont_ya_know24
09-13-07, 06:23 PM

he is writing a sorry history of being a terrible player when it counts the most.

you do know that the past two years aren't the only years of a-rod's career, right? do you also realize that a-rod has been the most clutch player on this team? Yes that includes jeter and posada. And one of the most clutch players in the league? if a-rod is the world series MVP this year, what are you going to say about him not performing "WHEN IT COUNTS"??

Meecham4ever
09-13-07, 06:27 PM

When we put ourselves in the position of needing TB to take 2 out of 3 in Boston for us to win the division, we may have sealed our own fate.

rodney27nyg
09-13-07, 06:28 PM

ARod has 22 HR's this year that have tied the game or put the Yankees into the lead.

I guess they don't count as big situations.

The guy is hitting .344 with 16 HR from the 7-9th innings and over .400 IN the 9th.

You have no point. A lot of current Yankees blew in the last 3 post seasons.

teknetic
09-13-07, 06:54 PM

Feel free to keep ignoring the ten other posts that have asked you to also take into account his career playoff numbers.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-13-07, 06:56 PM

I hate to be the whiny, nitpicky person who points this out, but since it's an enormous hole in your argument: A-Rod technically batted .000 with 0 HR and 0 RBI in the ALCS in both 2005 and 2006, as did the rest of the Yankee lineup, since they did not play in the ALCS. They did, however, play in the ALDS, which is where A-Rod was less than admirable. However, I'd like to point out A-Rod's .381 OBP in the 2005 ALDS, which means that over 38% of the time he wasn't making an out. To put that in perspective, Jeter's OBP right now is .388. So he did a very good job even if he wasn't driving them in, because his job as a hitter is to not make an out.

On topic: who are we watching tonight? Anyone? Or is everyone else (with playoff implications) off?

Squid
09-13-07, 07:18 PM
...his job as a hitter is to not make an out.

Oh, come on. I agree with you in defending A-Rod, but that's tired. Yes, on the whole, OBP is vital for a team, and to an extent that was until recently underappreciated. But no individual will get on base even half the time, and you want a power hitter like A-Rod to produce some 2-run singles and XBH in many of those trips, not just walks.

Anyway ... I actually don't think A-Rod will have a stupendous postseason if we get in, though that's not necessarily a problem. As determined as teams were in past postseasons to avoid pitching to him, they're going to be even moreso this year after his monster regular season. If we make it, I expect to see Alex walking a lot, then putting on his pinstriped jogging shorts and bounding home on Mats' and Po's XBH's.

Though if he does get a fat pitch or two, I think you may see a few blasts tailor-made for the eventual Yankeeography!

iWant27
09-13-07, 08:31 PM

Yankees take care of businees earlier in the season and nobody here is bitching about the schedule or the Drays bullpen

what was your excuse when your BooSux got a day off before the boston massacre series 2 in august last year . BooSux was the home team and got a day off , but Yankees had to travel and they had to play O's .

Thor99
09-13-07, 08:35 PM
Let's put it this way, if it's the bottom of the 9th in a world series game, and I could have Arod, Po, or Ortiz pitch hit for me, I guess

You were in a game 7 and you had Arod, Po and Ortiz on your team.

Why didn't you start them? You deserve to be fired.

teknetic
09-13-07, 08:51 PM
You were in a game 7 and you had Arod, Po and Ortiz on your team.

Why didn't you start them? You deserve to be fired.

Jasbro
09-13-07, 08:59 PM
I think people need to read baseball for dummies. It's the book that instructs you that players who hit .111 in the division series the past two years are not great clutch performers.

That makes sense, because only a dummy would think that a 29 AB sample size was instructive.

What he did or didn't do in those series doesn't tell us what he is or isn't, it simply tells us what happened in those series.

gold23
09-13-07, 09:55 PM
Division- over. Focus on the wild card and Detroit. Almost don't mind it (outside of losing a game in the loss column to the tigers). Take 2 of 3 in Boston and go home happy. Sox will win this division, but there's currently not much of a question who the better team is at the moment.

BonusCantos
09-13-07, 09:57 PM
Division- over. Focus on the wild card and Detroit. Almost don't mind it (outside of losing a game in the loss column to the tigers). Take 2 of 3 in Boston and go home happy. Sox will win this division, but there's currently not much of a question who the better team is at the moment.
It's still utterly depressing.

gold23
09-13-07, 10:01 PM
It's still utterly depressing.

Not to me it isn't. There's very little advantage to winning the division. Yanks haven't gotten out of the first round in a few years, yet always win the division. Getting into the playoffs healthy and with your pitching lined up overshadows winning the division by a ton. In fact, I think Yankee Stadium is a much tougher place to play on the road when the series is 1-1 than it is the first two games.

Additionally, I would be surprised if the Sox don't stretch the Indian series out with the second option...meaning the Yanks get the extra off days for their series with the Angels. Which means Wang and Pettite four out of five games and CHamberlain available for almost all of them. I'll take my chances as the WC.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-13-07, 10:10 PM
Additionally, I would be surprised if the Sox don't stretch the Indian series out with the second option...meaning the Yanks get the extra off days for their series with the Angels. Which means Wang and Pettite four out of five games and CHamberlain available for almost all of them. I'll take my chances as the WC.

I agree with you on the YS intimidation factor (allowing for the Yanks to come into the Stadium 1-1, of course), but the Sox only get the choice if everything stays as is. Not saying that the Sox can't maintain the top record, but if the Angels pick up a game or two going into the final week of the season (the Yankee series being optimal), they may choose a scenario that allows for multiple sightings of Lackey and Escobar (and they can avoid Colon, who is possibly the only Angels starter the Yankees absolutely spank).

BonusCantos
09-13-07, 10:11 PM
Not to me it isn't. There's very little advantage to winning the division. Yanks haven't gotten out of the first round in a few years, yet always win the division. Getting into the playoffs healthy and with your pitching lined up overshadows winning the division by a ton. In fact, I think Yankee Stadium is a much tougher place to play on the road when the series is 1-1 than it is the first two games.

Additionally, I would be surprised if the Sox don't stretch the Indian series out with the second option...meaning the Yanks get the extra off days for their series with the Angels. Which means Wang and Pettite four out of five games and CHamberlain available for almost all of them. I'll take my chances as the WC. Well, I came up with an advantage (currently): playing Cleveland as opposed to the Angels. Could be another 1st round exit anyway.

gold23
09-13-07, 10:13 PM
I agree with you on the YS intimidation factor (allowing for the Yanks to come into the Stadium 1-1, of course), but the Sox only get the choice if everything stays as is. Not saying that the Sox can't maintain the top record, but if the Angels pick up a game or two going into the final week of the season (the Yankee series being optimal), they may choose a scenario that allows for multiple sightings of Lackey and Escobar (and they can avoid Colon, who is possibly the only Angels starter the Yankees absolutely spank).

I'd prefer they go with the off day option. I'll take Lackey and Escobar lined up against Wang and Pettitte four out of five games, with Chamberlain and Rivera able to pitch three innings between them in almost every game.

gold23
09-13-07, 10:14 PM
Well, I came up with an advantage (currently): playing Cleveland as opposed to the Angels. Could be another 1st round exit anyway.

True...but the Yankees would likely want the scenario with off days. And Cleveland is the only club that benefits more than the Yanks there with Sabathia and Carmona. Though I wouldn't mind facing Carmona up 1-0 in the Stadium.

Casey at the Bat
09-13-07, 10:14 PM
what was your excuse when your BooSux got a day off before the boston massacre series 2 in august last year . BooSux was the home team and got a day off , but Yankees had to travel and they had to play O's .

Jeesus christ, quit your crying already!

BonusCantos
09-13-07, 10:35 PM
Whatever the case, I think I've got no use for watching the scoreboard anymore, as the division was my only real hope. I'm just going to watch the Yanks win-loss record and if they play in October, I'm not going to complain.

jeterismyhomeboy
09-13-07, 10:41 PM
Whatever the case, I think I've got no use for watching the scoreboard anymore, as the division was my only real hope. I'm just going to watch the Yanks win-loss record and if they play in October, I'm not going to complain.

Hey, look, you never know if Boston has a Boston-esque or Philly-esque collapse in them! You can never count them out for a nice, solid, old-fashioned collapse that drapes the whole city in black for a week. There's a reason games are played on the field and not on paper. Although, considering the Yanks this season, sometimes I wish the games were played on paper so they would be in good shape to take the division. :D

JSG
09-13-07, 11:17 PM

well, i think we all just became big twins fans this weekend !! they send out garza, santana and bonser vs robertson rogers jurriens (no verlander). would like to crank it up another game or 2 this weekend.

iWant27
09-14-07, 12:27 AM
Jeesus christ, quit your crying already!

frankly how is it crying . I am just saying that your stupid team is getting a day off before yankees series . Got last month and got last year . And Yankees dont .

see heres the thing . Your other BooSux fan called me a Moron and you come here as BooSux fan and tell me crying or whatever . Now if i call you BooSux fans stupid or Moron , the Mods will give me a warning and will even suspend me . But Mods wont do that to BooSux fans . So you are getting preferential treatment even at yankee fans board . How do you guys feel about it . Your team gets freebies from MLB and Selig and you stupid fans get freebies pretty much anywhere you go because you are a BooSux fan .

Casey at the Bat
09-14-07, 03:37 AM
frankly how is it crying . I am just saying that your stupid team is getting a day off before yankees series . Got last month and got last year . And Yankees dont .

see heres the thing . Your other BooSux fan called me a Moron and you come here as BooSux fan and tell me crying or whatever . Now if i call you BooSux fans stupid or Moron , the Mods will give me a warning and will even suspend me . But Mods wont do that to BooSux fans . So you are getting preferential treatment even at yankee fans board . How do you guys feel about it . Your team gets freebies from MLB and Selig and you stupid fans get freebies pretty much anywhere you go because you are a BooSux fan .

Again, quit your crying already. Your victim mentality is getting pretty old. I already answered how I feel about in one of the other 300 threads that you have whined about the schedule and the freebies from MLB in. I didn't know, however that the mods of NYYfans were in on it too. Guess you learn something new everyday. With all these freebies being given out to "boosux" fans everywhere, wouldn't it be more beneficial for you to come over to the other side, as opposed to just sitting and whining about it endlessly?

mBiferi
09-14-07, 03:50 AM

Dude... seriously, stop it.

rodney27nyg
09-14-07, 05:13 AM
Additionally, I would be surprised if the Sox don't stretch the Indian series out with the second option...meaning the Yanks get the extra off days for their series with the Angels..

Who says the Sox get the Indians?

LAA has a 1 game lead on CLEVE for second best record.

Sox vs LAA, NYY vs CLE....it could happen.:eek:

jcarey
09-14-07, 07:41 AM

right. which is why i hope detroit maintains at least some pressure on cleveland to keep them pushing. the angels don't have that to worry about since seattle is done. hopefully LA takes the last few days of the season off to rest and cleveland can overtake them.

LuisTiant
09-14-07, 07:48 AM
right. which is why i hope detroit maintains at least some pressure on cleveland to keep them pushing. the angels don't have that to worry about since seattle is done. hopefully LA takes the last few days of the season off to rest and cleveland can overtake them.

Of course, this plan could backfire.

DET and CLE both push hard down the stretch, playing great ball, in pursuit of the central crown.

Yanks stumble - Baltimore again - and next thing you know, it's BOS-DET, CLE-LAA.

Not saying it's likely, but careful what you wish for.

BRONXBOMBERS06
09-14-07, 07:53 AM
Honestly I could care less who we play as long as were in, We play LAA, Take them out then play Bos or Clev :o

Meecham4ever
09-14-07, 08:39 AM

They get free medical and an extra paid holiday too, over there at Red Sux Nation. :(

The Q Bomb
09-14-07, 08:40 AM
Honestly I could care less who we play as long as were in, We play LAA, Take them out then play Bos or Clev :o That's it - you play who you play and if you want to advance you beat who you play - SIMPLE! Right now I'm just worried about making the playoffs!

wang+cano=future
09-14-07, 08:50 AM

It was hard for the Yanks to "take care of business" when key players were pulling hamstrings and going on the DL........The second half of the season has been the result of a healthy Yankee team (well somewhat seeing that Vizcaino, Roger, Jeter and Matsui are all battling injuries).

JSG
09-14-07, 08:58 AM

does that mean we can keep bitching about their right fielder ??

sweet_lou_14
09-14-07, 09:18 AM
Of course, this plan could backfire.

Yes, we must be careful ... or our plan for Detroit to make its best attempt at winning ballgames could backfire.

kjq
09-14-07, 09:35 AM

If Cleve/LAA have the same record at the end of the year, what is the tiebreaker for determining seeding? They split the season series. Coin flip?

Carlton Fisk
09-14-07, 09:37 AM
If Cleve/LAA have the same record at the end of the year, what is the tiebreaker for determining seeding? They split the season series. Coin flip?Head to head record I believe. That's why the Yankees won the division in '05 when they had the same record as the Sox.

sweet_lou_14
09-14-07, 09:44 AM
Head to head record I believe. That's why the Yankees won the division in '05 when they had the same record as the Sox.

Yes, but apparently they are tied head to head.

Carlton Fisk
09-14-07, 10:34 AM
Yes, but apparently they are tied head to head.Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

I think, and I could very well be wrong, but I think they go to records against common opponents.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-14-07, 10:36 AM
Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

I think, and I could very well be wrong, but I think they go to records against common opponents.

Well I am pretty sure if the Yankees tie the division, it would mean that they took at least 2 of 3 this weekend making them the holder of the head to head record.

pjfan
09-14-07, 10:44 AM

I think it should be stoopid. It would fit in better with the rest of your post.

Kman1480
09-14-07, 01:20 PM

Saying "BooSux" 100 times per post makes you come off as pretty immature

Meecham4ever
09-14-07, 01:37 PM

Maybe the Sux were rusty because of the off day, and the Yanks were sharper...:dunno:

Mantle'sMutt
09-14-07, 01:44 PM

One person's opinion

Kman1480
09-14-07, 01:48 PM
One person's opinion

edit : nevermind

CallOfTheCrow
09-14-07, 01:51 PM
I hate "MFY" I think it sounds childish as hell, BooSux or whatever is just as childish in my opinion.

Mantle'sMutt
09-14-07, 02:00 PM
edit : nevermind

Look, I've been to games at Fenway on several occasions. One time, when there was not even a real pennant race, the home team was playing Tampa and won in the bottom of ninth on a walk-off grand slam. No sooner had the ball landed in the butt-pinching seats when the chorus of "Yankees Suck" began (the Yankees were 3,000 miles away out West) and carried on until people were well out of the park and back to their cars. This occurs EVERY SINGLE time I go there - Yankee game or not. In our home, we choose never to speak or write certain words, so it will not be me who does so, but if there is a bit of BooSux written on THIS site, maybe try to live with it.

teknetic
09-14-07, 10:15 PM
2.5 game lead in a few hours, no sweat guys, keep playing like garbage.

R.V.47
09-14-07, 10:17 PM
I always have the same outlook on Fenway series's and that is to win the first game or you will probably get swept. Now with the Tigers surging this could get ugly by the end of the weekend.

ericns1
09-14-07, 10:22 PM
Santana goes for Minnesota tomorrow - down payment on his future as a Yankee in 2009!

Metroidman
09-14-07, 10:25 PM
The Yanks doing their best to choke

Offense decides it wants a break

Martini6196
09-14-07, 10:34 PM
Thank the good Lord Santana is pitching tomorrow! I had a feeling the Tigers were going to make this interesting. Leyland won't let those guys quit!

YanksFanTillDeath
09-15-07, 12:09 AM
were are the non believers now????
This is the biggest win of the year imo...

Sam18
09-15-07, 12:15 AM
Start from the bottom of the page!!

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=22944&st=1240

YanksFanTillDeath
09-15-07, 12:17 AM

lol there is a lot of funny chait in there..

b_joseph
09-15-07, 12:19 AM

wow..what they say is exactly what can be read in our GDT's.

They seem to have the theory that their guys blow it against us and we have the theory that our guys blow it against them.

Fans are strange.

nh_snowman
09-15-07, 12:20 AM

I spent the first 6 innings of the game in a bar north of Boston with some friends. I'm really enjoying reading this now. I'm going to bed still slightly buzzed and really happy.

BonusCantos
09-15-07, 12:20 AM
I'd really rather it not come to this, but if the Yankees and Sox played one another in the postseason, there's presently not a doubt in my mind as to which team would prevail.

JeterForPresident
09-15-07, 12:21 AM
Look at how they curse out our players and what not. Here we can't even curse at our own players.

sweet_lou_14
09-15-07, 12:21 AM

First time reading one of their threads in any detail ... reading that trash makes you thankful for the way the mods handle things around here.

nh_snowman
09-15-07, 12:26 AM
First time reading one of their threads in any detail ... reading that trash makes you thankful for the way the mods handle things around here.

I don't post much (more tonight than in the past 3 years combined) but I have to agree. I don't think I'd lurk here nearly as much if things were like that forum.

sweet_lou_14
09-15-07, 12:27 AM
OK, Cleveland and LAA are now tied for second-best record. My understanding is that they split their season series. Can someone tell me what the tiebreaker rule is for seeding these teams if they end up tied?

NyQuil
09-15-07, 12:28 AM
I am 25 and I swear, got no problems with profanity.

But when things go wrong all you get at SoSH is f bomb after f bomb.

sweet_lou_14
09-15-07, 12:29 AM

F you.

;):D:lol:

JeterForPresident
09-15-07, 12:30 AM

Dude, without a doubt, I am only 23 and I love a good f bomb. Especially after the Yankees lose to the Red Sox. But, I am reading through 5 or 10 pages of F this, F that, F them, F us, F him, F everyone. It just goes from intelligent baseball talk, or even unintelligent baseball talk to a bunch of trash.

NyQuil
09-15-07, 12:30 AM
F you.

;):D:lol:

:roflmao:

F you too!

Reminds me of the swear jar commerical.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-15-07, 12:32 AM
Well since we are on the subject of the f bomb

Id like to say ................ you Tampa Bay.

nh_snowman
09-15-07, 12:33 AM
Dude, without a doubt, I am only 23 and I love a good f bomb. Especially after the Yankees lose to the Red Sox. But, I am reading through 5 or 10 pages of F this, F that, F them, F us, F him, F everyone. It just goes from intelligent baseball talk, or even unintelligent baseball talk to a bunch of trash.

My face is starting to hurt from smiling so hard. Reading that thread is a blast.

JeterForPresident
09-15-07, 12:34 AM
My favorite post was basically one saying that if we have the balls to throw Papi a hittable pitch he would tie it. (why would we do that??)

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-15-07, 12:36 AM
My favorite post was basically one saying that if we have the balls to throw Papi a hittable pitch he would tie it. (why would we do that??)

I saw that too. I also like how it's Francona's fault that their 2 best relievers just got their asses kicked tonight. I could understand if he brought in somebody who failed consistantly like Farnsworth or somebody, but he went to his best 2.

yankeeman61
09-15-07, 12:38 AM

Wow!!:lol: I hope the Mods check this out to appreciate what good little boys and girls we are here!

JeterForPresident
09-15-07, 12:40 AM
I saw that too. I also like how it's Francona's fault that their 2 best relievers just got their asses kicked tonight. I could understand if he brought in somebody who failed consistantly like Farnsworth or somebody, but he went to his best 2.

That reminds me of how here it is always Mr. Torre's fault. They are certainly angry over there, I understand completely, I am just glad our board is much better moderated and a little less rough around the edges, kind of like the differences between the Yankees and the Red Sox, class vs. classless.

NyQuil
09-15-07, 12:41 AM
edit.

iWant27
09-15-07, 12:42 AM
did you see the look on the face of the Boosux fans ?
priceless .
nothing gives me more pleasure than misery of BooSux fans .

and thats saying Boosux 2 times .

how come these BooSux fans dont come here when their stupid team loses .

thats 3 times .

Sam18
09-15-07, 12:43 AM
did you see the look on the face of the Boosux fans ?
priceless .
nothing gives me more pleasure than misery of BooSux fans .

and thats saying Boosux 2 times .

how come these BooSux fans dont come here when their stupid team loses .

thats 3 times .

Hahahahaha nice.

NyQuil
09-15-07, 12:43 AM
Wow!!:lol: I hope the Mods check this out to appreciate what good little boys and girls we are here!

Really I got banned for 48 minutes because I called Manny a bad word that is actually the name of my maternal grandfather, Richard Jones is coincidentally a huge Yankees fan and partly responsible for my fandom .

Luckily I edited it and apologized so Hans in his infinite wisdom forgave me and 48 hours turned into 10 minutes.

iWant27
09-15-07, 12:44 AM

what should i say BoSox ?

by the way , hey BooSux fan , how was the lose tonight ?

iWant27
09-15-07, 12:52 AM
Again, quit your crying already. Your victim mentality is getting pretty old. I already answered how I feel about in one of the other 300 threads that you have whined about the schedule and the freebies from MLB in. I didn't know, however that the mods of NYYfans were in on it too. Guess you learn something new everyday. With all these freebies being given out to "boosux" fans everywhere, wouldn't it be more beneficial for you to come over to the other side, as opposed to just sitting and whining about it endlessly?

victim mentality ? i am just pointing out the facts . I am just saying that the series between BooSux and Yankees is pretty important for both teams . and when there is a day off , the bullpen is rested the next day . everyday positional players get a much needed rest . and if you lose the previous game , a day of rest gives the time to recover instead of going and playing right away next day .
and again how is it that I am whinning . the team I am rooting for , Yankees , won last year , won this year and won today .
and yes they are freebies . I wish I had the link given by one of the forumers here . That article clearly showed how Bud Selig changed the rules when boosux was trying to negotiate with A-Rod .
How is it whining and victim mentality ?
And seriously to join your side , I would rather stop watching baseball for ever than ever root for your BooSux .

By the way how many times did I say BooSux there ?

why dont you count and let me know .

Logan
09-15-07, 12:57 AM
"On the bright side, just think of how bad Francona must feel now."

hellonewman
09-15-07, 12:59 AM
I like "Sweaty" for Giambi.

:lol::lol:

NyQuil
09-15-07, 01:00 AM
As fun as tonight is my alarm is set for 2.5 hours from now. Night all.

jimmykey2
09-15-07, 01:01 AM
Yorman Bazardo and Jair Jurrjens are starting the next 2 games for the Tigers?

Oh HELL NO.

The Zankees
09-15-07, 01:01 AM

The other major topic of discussion in the Boston area is that we are a test market for the new McDonald's Angus Burger!

F Boston
F the Red Sox
F the new Angus Burger

Whopper 4 Life

NYIndian2005
09-15-07, 01:02 AM
Simply unbelievable. I shut off the game and was on the computer with gameday in the background. I checked the score at the top of the 8th at 7-3 and after while checked it again and it was 8-7. I f-ing ran like hell to my television.

JSG
09-15-07, 01:06 AM
it's an interesting Q whether this was:

-- a better win for the yanks (totally improbable, totally key) OR
-- a worse loss for the red sox (we could not have played worse; our ace uncharacteristically coughed it up; our defense was atrocious; our bullpen was depleted and emergency troops sutured it together; and we won it off their "crack" bullpen staff) OR
-- a worse non-loss for the tigers (after a comeback vs minny, red sox up 5, have a nice cold one and ............ D'OH ...... !!!!!!!!)

boston must be thinking, if we can win THIS game, we have their number this year. finish the series strong, this will punish the boston psyche even if they slink into the division, and it will make life pretty tough for detroit.

go WANG, and go SANTANA !!! oh baby, what a win ...........

NYYStateofMind21355
09-15-07, 01:06 AM

You've said a mouthful there. I think my IQ dropped about 100 points just lurking over there. I feel dirty. Must go wash NOW.

iWant27
09-15-07, 01:14 AM
I am just watching the top of the 8th inning again . I should not be so happy seeing the miserable faces of BooSux fans .
But then I guess , its ok . There is no harm seeing that fanbase suffer .

hellonewman
09-15-07, 01:15 AM
it's an interesting Q whether this was:

-- a better win for the yanks (totally improbable, totally key) OR
-- a worse loss for the red sox (we could not have played worse; our ace uncharacteristically coughed it up; our defense was atrocious; our bullpen was depleted and emergency troops sutured it together; and we won it off their "crack" bullpen staff) OR
-- a worse non-loss for the tigers (after a comeback vs minny, red sox up 5, have a nice cold one and ............ D'OH ...... !!!!!!!!)It's worst for the Tigers, by far. They're the ones on the outside looking in, they're going to need substantial help to catch the Yankees, and they've got to figure the Red Sox are their last best chance to get it.

Now they get to stare out at Johan Santana tomorrow.

iWant27
09-15-07, 01:49 AM

And by the way ESPN just said that Yankees had one of the greatest comebacks with a tired team. They said that they got in at 330am in the morning and that the redsox had a dayoff on thursday, while the yankees got in at 330am after a game.

So this another reason your BooSux had an advantage . But they still lost .

Guess your BooSux forgot to steal the signs in the top of 8th inning .

<!-- / message --><!-- Sig Was Here -->

JSG
09-15-07, 01:52 AM
It's worst for the Tigers, by far. They're the ones on the outside looking in, they're going to need substantial help to catch the Yankees, and they've got to figure the Red Sox are their last best chance to get it.

Now they get to stare out at Johan Santana tomorrow.

HENCE: serenity now ............ insanity sunday after we win with the wanger tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajra21
09-15-07, 06:15 AM

reading that thread is more fun than watching the game again.

nhyankeefan
09-15-07, 06:58 AM

I try to stay away from Sosh but that was too funny. Considering how many sox fans are pats fans too, I love the hypocricy regarding Giambi.

ajra21
09-15-07, 07:02 AM
I try to stay away from Sosh but that was too funny. Considering how many sox fans are pats fans too, I love the hypocricy regarding Giambi.

i've missed the recent stuff on the pats, what has been happening?

Mindtornado
09-15-07, 07:20 AM

My first thought too. I am sure if they didn't stay on top of things, this place would devolve into something like that thread.

parkerstrong
09-15-07, 07:42 AM

They got caught cheating. Check espn.com or cnnsi.com for info. Its been all over the place.

JSG
09-15-07, 08:24 AM
COMMISH: TIME TO PAY THE BILLhttp://www.nypost.com/img/newsart/article_storybottom.gif

http://www.nypost.com/img/cols/jaygreenberg.jpg September 14, 2007 -- ROGER Goodell hit the Patriots where they will hurt the most.
Bill Belichick got caught having video assistant Matt Estrella videotape the Jets' signals, putting the best one the commissioner possibly could have sent into that letter received last night in Foxborough. Draft choices are the playing chips that most empower and endanger success, much more than any fine in a league that doesn't have a team financially suffering, especially not the one in New England.
What, short of phone monitoring and house arrest could have kept a suspended Belichick [who was fined $500,000] from participating in the game-planning for the Jets-Patriots rematch Dec. 16?
Of course, Goodell could have removed the head coach from the sideline, but most in-game strategy decisions are made by the offensive and defensive coordinators. And anyway, what is the penalty of a potential loss of a game or two games, because of a head man's absence compared with denying his team a potential star or two good players for the next 4-10 seasons?
Goodell did not make himself immediately available to explain the logic of the conditional penalties, either a first-round 2008-draft choice if the Patriots make the playoffs or a second-and-third-round picks if they do not. Either one does the trick, warning teams about dirty tricks. The debate as to how much help a team actually gets by stealing opponent's signals is an argument only against more lost draft choices, not against the need for a substantial penalty for having gone well beyond the normal gamesmanship of reading lips. </B></I>

Reggievision
09-15-07, 09:54 AM

This is hillarious. Those Sox fans sure seem uncouth.

IndyYankeesFan
09-15-07, 11:26 AM

hahaha, thanks for the link. That brightened my morning even more :-rofl-:

Casey at the Bat
09-15-07, 11:37 AM
And by the way ESPN just said that Yankees had one of the greatest comebacks with a tired team. They said that they got in at 330am in the morning and that the redsox had a dayoff on thursday, while the yankees got in at 330am after a game.

So this another reason your BooSux had an advantage . But they still lost .

Guess your BooSux forgot to steal the signs in the top of 8th inning .
<!-- / message --><!-- Sig Was Here -->

YOu see, it's lying like the bolded words above that helps you lose all credability as a poster. We all know ESPN HATES the yankees and loves the Sox, and would never say something of that sort.

The Sox lost cause they couldn't stop the Yankees when it counted. It's happened for most of the season when the two teams play. It'll probably happen again before I die. Even if I manage to die this weekend.

But again, quit your crying. If you can't have an adult conversation like a big boy, then you will have to go stand in the corner until you a ready to do so.

BillBuckner
09-15-07, 11:39 AM
So I heard Boston lost last night. ;)

JSG
09-15-07, 11:48 AM
So I heard Boston lost last night. ;)

Yeah, i just hope there was somone from the patriots in the stands to videotape that 6 run rally !!!!!!

Messerwhitescooter
09-15-07, 05:40 PM
The Mets lost today. It means nothing, but I like to look at ESPN's standings where they combine the american and national leagues. The Yankees are one full game ahead of the Mutts for the first time this season. It means nothing, and yet it means a lot to me. When the Yankees have had good streaks going they have equalled the Merts' record.

JSG
09-15-07, 07:23 PM
detroit up 4-0 vs santana in the first ............ ugh .............