PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

umpsrconferring
09-01-07, 09:52 PM
I didn't realize it was quite as close between Buchholz and Kennedy (I thought it was closer to a year), but Kennedy's upside has never been as high as the other three (meaning Buchholz, Hughes and Joba). Chamberlain and Hughes are both 21. Two years younger. That is a difference in terms of pitching years.

You're have a point, although age with pitchers is not as meaningful as age with position players. But the bottom line is that all three of those guys are very fine prospects, it is all very unpredictable, but Buchholz and Chamberlain look like the two that could have a significant impact this year.

sweet_lou_14
09-01-07, 09:56 PM
The sox fans saying he's better than Hughes is certainly understandable, but they're really not saying it on this site. Its all dumbass Yankee fans. And God does this team have a lot of those.

I tell ya, if any other team has any dumbass Yankee fans, then by God those would have to be the dumbest-ass Yankee fans of 'em all.

-tz
09-01-07, 09:59 PM
I caught quite a bit of Buchholz's postgame press conference. He really does look not quite old enough to shave! :lol: I was impressed by the way he gave so much credit to Varitek ... and when you think about it, his feat was even the more remarkable in that this is only the second time (I would assume) that Varitek has caught him (unless he did it in Spring Training or something).

So in all seriousness, congrats to him. It's a great achievement. :cool:

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:00 PM
You're have a point, although age with pitchers is not as meaningful as age with position players. But the bottom line is that all three of those guys are very fine prospects, it is all very unpredictable, but Buchholz and Chamberlain look like the two that could have a significant impact this year.

I think the factor that should be considered more than age is injury. Of the 3 uber Al East pitching prospects, the only one to strugle thus far is the one who was injured twice and suffered a long layoff resulting in decreased velocity and stamina. His command hasnt been the same since either, but that is likely a mechanical issue.

keg411
09-01-07, 10:00 PM
I tell ya, if any other team has any dumbass Yankee fans, then by God those would have to be the dumbest-ass Yankee fans of 'em all.

Didn't Lester have like a 2 hitter in his third start or something? And we all know what that looks like now.

I mean, I think Buchholz will be a decent pitcher, but I don't think this is going to be typical. He's going to get bombed, the same way that Phil and Ian and Joba and King Felix and Tim Lincecum and Yovani Gallardo and the like will.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:02 PM
The sox fans saying he's better than Hughes is certainly understandable, but they're really not saying it on this site. Its all dumbass Yankee fans. And God does this team have a lot of those.

Yes I am sort of getting pissed. It seems like 50% of Yankee fans on this website are saying that Buchholz is now God and that Hughes sucks and never got injured during a no no or anything, and 25% are trying to downplay Buchholz.

Both groups are being ridiculously foolish right now.

jimmykey2
09-01-07, 10:02 PM
Didn't Lester have like a 2 hitter in his third start or something? And we all know what that looks like now.

I mean, I think Buchholz will be a decent pitcher, but I don't think this is going to be typical. He's going to get bombed, the same way that Phil and Ian and Joba and King Felix and Tim Lincecum and Yovani Gallardo and the like will.

You obviously don't understand he's better than all those guys...

Combined!

Squared!

Infinity!

teknetic
09-01-07, 10:04 PM

Clay is a stud, Lester..not so much.

genius-24
Congrats Clay. Enjoy the movement.

Also,

Stay away from Veritek, Schilling, Beckett, etc. They might indulge ur life.

JeterRodriguezSheff
Clay is a stud, Lester..not so much.

Lester was very highly thought of at one point.

Allan
09-01-07, 10:05 PM
Credit where credit is due; the kid pitched brilliantly tonight.

Cambridge
09-01-07, 10:07 PM
Outside of a handful of misguided posts, kudos to a bunch of classy Yankee fans here for congratulating the kid for a fantastic outing. Personally, I'm a bit chagrinned that after being at the ballpark from 3:15 to 6:15, I headed home, but it was nonetheless great to see him do it.

sweet_lou_14
09-01-07, 10:08 PM
I think the factor that should be considered more than age is injury. Of the 3 uber Al East pitching prospects, the only one to strugle thus far is the one who was injured twice and suffered a long layoff resulting in decreased velocity and stamina. His command hasnt been the same since either, but that is likely a mechanical issue.

I don't follow the minor leagues as closely as many others around here, but I am curious to know which of these kids were really "uber-prospects" prior to the 2007 season.

I knew about Hughes and Buchholz, but I have to admit I had not heard of Chamberlain until after the All-Star Break this year. Within the Yankee organization, all I heard was that Clippard was the #2 guy. Now, he seems to be forgotten, or at least behind Kennedy. I had also heard big things about the Sanchez kid we got for Sheffield, and other names like Horne and Betances who I assume are much further away. But Chamberlain caught me by surprise.

Meanwhile the Red Sox have Jon Lester who I can't tell if he really projects to be a stud, or just gets a lot of attention for surviving cancer.

Meecham4ever
09-01-07, 10:09 PM

Some of the dumbest posters in the world come by every now and then....as a member of three years, I've always been very proud of that. :P

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:12 PM
I don't follow the minor leagues as closely as many others around here, but I am curious to know which of these kids were really "uber-prospects" prior to the 2007 season.

I knew about Hughes and Buchholz, but I have to admit I had not heard of Chamberlain until after the All-Star Break this year. Within the Yankee organization, all I heard was that Clippard was the #2 guy. Now, he seems to be forgotten, or at least behind Kennedy. I had also heard big things about the Sanchez kid we got for Sheffield, and other names like Horne and Betances who I assume are much further away. But Chamberlain caught me by surprise.

Meanwhile the Red Sox have Jon Lester who I can't tell if he really projects to be a stud, or just gets a lot of attention for surviving cancer.

Chamberlain was drafted last year, but he dominated the minors this year. I hear he is holding his own in the majors as well;)

roblyo33
09-01-07, 10:15 PM
Chamberlain was drafted last year, but he dominated the minors this year. I hear he is holding his own in the majors as well;)

I thought he was just a head hunter who HAD to be suspended

EyeRis
09-01-07, 10:16 PM
CB no hits the O's in his 2nd start, PHughes no hits the Rangers[yup, same team who put 30 againsts this O's] in his 2nd start too...the only difference is that bad luck was on Hughes side since he ended up with an injury and hasn't been the same since...yet...had luck been on his side, CB could prolly just be the second rookie to throw a no hitter in his 2nd ML appearance...oh luck!!!

like i said in my previous post, congrats on the kid...but this NH only means 1 win...i'd give it to them if it means that the baseball gods would permit us Boston Massacre III :)

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:30 PM
For the record I take back what I said before. I just read SOSH and nobody is being a douche about it. I am highly disappointed in the Yankee fans trying to downplay it though. Buchholz is really good, and that is all there is to it. He along with Hughes and Joba are all on the same level.

hatfieldms
09-01-07, 10:38 PM
For the record I take back what I said before. I just read SOSH and nobody is being a douche about it. I am highly disappointed in the Yankee fans trying to downplay it though. Buchholz is really good, and that is all there is to it. He along with Hughes and Joba are all on the same level.

I agree. It is ridiculous for everyone here to down play what this kid did.

umpsrconferring
09-01-07, 10:43 PM
Lester was very highly thought of at one point.

Well as you pointed out, injuries are the long-term key. And he had an injury, which he's probably still recovering from. He has less impressive stuff than the other three, but still is a lefty who throws hard and has had generally a successful start to his career. It would be totally unsurprising if he ended up pitching 16 years and winning more games than Buchholz or Hughes; not saying that will happen, but pitchers are so unpredictable, and their health is so unpredictable, that speculating about their future is a risky game.

I can tell you that when Roger Clemens came up to some significant hype in the mid-80's, I could not find a single baseball fan in NYC who thought there was a CHANCE he would have a better career than Dwight Gooden. (Edit: Even after the 20K game).

genius-24
09-01-07, 10:45 PM
I agree. It is ridiculous for everyone here to down play what this kid did.
Who is downplayin it?

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:47 PM
Well as you pointed out, injuries are the long-term key. And he had an injury, which he's probably still recovering from. He has less impressive stuff than the other three, but still is a lefty who throws hard and has had generally a successful start to his career. It would be totally unsurprising if he ended up pitching 16 years and winning more games than Buchholz or Hughes; not saying that will happen, but pitchers are so unpredictable, and their health is so unpredictable, that speculating about their future is a risky game.

I can tell you that when Roger Clemens came up to some significant hype in the mid-80's, I could not find a single baseball fan in NYC who thought there was a CHANCE he would have a better career than Dwight Gooden. (Edit: Even after the 20K game).

That is why, you get as many good young arms as you can, and you never let them go. The only exception being is if you get a good established pitcher in return. Hitters are much more predictable and there is always at least one primier one on the FA market.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:47 PM
Who is downplayin it?

The guy that said "Ian Kennedy is still better"?

genius-24
09-01-07, 10:50 PM
The guy that said "Ian Kennedy is still better"?
I dont know who said, but prospect-wise Buchholz was always slightly better then Ian.
Results wise- they still got lot to prove.

keg411
09-01-07, 10:52 PM
Who said Ian was better than Buchholz? Ian's upside has always been lower than Clay's.

R.V.47
09-01-07, 10:55 PM
CB no hits the O's in his 2nd start, PHughes no hits the Rangers[yup, same team who put 30 againsts this O's] in his 2nd start too...the only difference is that bad luck was on Hughes side since he ended up with an injury and hasn't been the same since...yet...had luck been on his side, CB could prolly just be the second rookie to throw a no hitter in his 2nd ML appearance...oh luck!!!

like i said in my previous post, congrats on the kid...but this NH only means 1 win...i'd give it to them if it means that the baseball gods would permit us Boston Massacre III :)

Maybe Clay vs. Phil will be a new wrinkle to the rivalry in the upcoming years.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-01-07, 10:55 PM
I dont know who said, but prospect-wise Buchholz was always slightly better then Ian.
Results wise- they still got lot to prove.

slightly better? Its no contest.

umpsrconferring
09-01-07, 10:57 PM
That is why, you get as many good young arms as you can, and you never let them go. The only exception being is if you get a good established pitcher in return. Hitters are much more predictable and there is always at least one primier one on the FA market.

I agree completely. And I think it is also why it is sort of silly to get all wound up worrying about where to rank individual pitching prospects, especially amongst a group where each has tremendous strengths.

genius-24
09-01-07, 10:58 PM
slightly better? Its no contest.
I certainly dont think its a no contest.

but it seems like u take slightly very lightly.

NYDCYankee
09-01-07, 11:02 PM
Way to go Clay. I was rootin for you. The game was in the bag why not.

Jilali
09-01-07, 11:03 PM
I agree completely. And I think it is also why it is sort of silly to get all wound up worrying about where to rank individual pitching prospects, especially amongst a group where each has tremendous strengths.

Come on. You're making way too much sense now.

frostdude1
09-01-07, 11:29 PM
bahhh I in no way or form will congratulate this kid ... I know its a cool thing and good for him but he plays for the sox and this is only a confidence booster for him and his team which is not good for us

R.V.47
09-01-07, 11:30 PM
bahhh I in no way or form will congratulate this kid ... I know its a cool thing and good for him but he plays for the sox and this is only a confidence booster for him and his team which is not good for us

Well sometimes pitchers fall off the face of the earth after they pitch a no hitter so we might as well congratulate him now and then hope never to hear from him again.

shotz
09-01-07, 11:35 PM
i wasnt going to either but it didnt kill me to do it. i hope to see him in pinstripes soon.

what the heck was that out of Becketts mouth about curt schilling as the cameras were following the crowd around Clay?? i wonder what curt thought about that.

Yankees13
09-01-07, 11:50 PM
There's been tons of young pitchers who pitched no-hitters and never became much. Bucholz is a good prospect, but pitching a no-hitter doesn't give you some uber, elite, can't miss, invincibility power. He's the same pitcher/prospect he was at 7:04 tonight.

umpsrconferring
09-01-07, 11:51 PM
i wasnt going to either but it didnt kill me to do it. i hope to see him in pinstripes soon.

what the heck was that out of Becketts mouth about curt schilling as the cameras were following the crowd around Clay?? i wonder what curt thought about that.

He was saying "you did one better than Curt." A reference to Schilling going 8 2/3 no-hit innings vs Oakland. Of course Schilling's only baserunner up to that point was on a Lugo error. Schilling was within earshot of Beckett.

b_joseph
09-02-07, 12:40 AM
Thanks you MLB.TV I just re-watched it.

Great performance from an elite prospect. Dude looks like the real deal..especially with that killer curve ball.

Yankees13
09-02-07, 12:42 AM
Thanks you MLB.TV I just re-watched it.

Great performance from an elite prospect. Dude looks like the real deal..especially with that killer curve ball.
:eek: You re-watched it? Glutton for punishment?

b_joseph
09-02-07, 12:44 AM
:eek: You re-watched it? Glutton for punishment?
I appreciate great performances in all Sports.

Plus, It doesnt really affect us because they have already won the East.

Sean Ryan
09-02-07, 12:47 AM
I appreciate great performances in all Sports.

Plus, It doesnt really affect us because they have already won the East.

Really? September 1st and they cliched already? Damn

b_joseph
09-02-07, 12:48 AM
Really? September 1st and they cliched already? Damn
I'm realistic.

jughead
09-02-07, 12:55 AM
I think it's funny that the Sox and Yankees combined might have the best young pitching in the game combined. Considering these two teams are supposed to be "high priced mercenary", find me another two teams that can match Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Wang, Edwar, Papelbon, Matsuzaka, Delcarmen, Lester, Beckett, and Buchholz. And those are just pitchers that are in the majors now.

Yankees/Sox matchups in 2009 should be really interesting

AMarshal2
09-02-07, 01:16 AM
I think it's funny that the Sox and Yankees combined might have the best young pitching in the game combined. Considering these two teams are supposed to be "high priced mercenary", find me another two teams that can match Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Wang, Edwar, Papelbon, Matsuzaka, Delcarmen, Lester, Beckett, and Buchholz. And those are just pitchers that are in the majors now.

Too true. It's a pretty sad story for MLB. Now that the Red Sox and the Yankees both build a team the right way, it's going to be difficult for the rest of baseball.

Lucen
09-02-07, 01:22 AM
Too true. It's a pretty sad story for MLB. Now that the Red Sox and the Yankees both build a team the right way, it's going to be difficult for the rest of baseball.

Well, the free agent landscape changed so dramatically with revenue sharing that both teams had to find other ways to utilize their financial advantages. So they use the draft to land the 'tough signs' that slip to the latter rounds. It's starting to yield results finally, and when you consider that these two teams are usually the front runners for the free agents that DO reach the market, it's definitely a scary proposition for the rest of baseball.

Another thing the Sox have done pretty well is decide where to set their limit on how much to spend on their free agent eligable players, getting compensation picks for them. Pedro leaving turned out to be Buchholz being drafted. Considering the injuries that have plagued him since and Buchholz's rise through the farm system, I'm glad they didn't value him more than they did.

frostdude1
09-02-07, 02:11 AM

high priced mercenaries ;)

Abe Frohman
09-02-07, 02:18 AM
Theres a lot of jealousy going around here tonight. I for one was slightly jealous when the kid pulled it off and really wish Hughes had done it first... woulda down played Clays no-hitter a bit. but u gotta tip ur hat to the kid... pitched his rear off. great thing for the game, crappy way to end the day for us. I hope Hughes can get back to being #1 again.

NYDCYankee
09-02-07, 02:36 AM

This is for anyone who might know, how did Clay fall so far in the draft? Was it the stealing the computers thing?

rodney27nyg
09-02-07, 02:37 AM
Theres a lot of jealousy going around here tonight. I for one was slightly jealous when the kid pulled it off and really wish Hughes had done it first... woulda down played Clays no-hitter a bit. but u gotta tip ur hat to the kid... pitched his rear off. great thing for the game, crappy way to end the day for us. I hope Hughes can get back to being #1 again.

I agree about the jealousy thing, however certain things should transcend the rivalry...like the love of the game and appreciating a great accomplishment.

I'm real proud of all the people that realize that and added the classy posts on this thread.;)

Cap080279
09-02-07, 03:14 AM
I agree about the jealousy thing, however certain things should transcend the rivalry...like the love of the game and appreciating a great accomplishment.

I'm real proud of all the people that realize that and added the classy posts on this thread.;)

I agree completely. Luckily, Buchholz (sp?) hasn't pitched long enough in that uniform to be hated much. For the rest of the year and beyond, it's open season lol

ajra21
09-02-07, 03:55 AM
well, well, well master buchholz; an impressive display.

Yankees1962
09-02-07, 04:07 AM
This is for anyone who might know, how did Clay fall so far in the draft? Was it the stealing the computers thing?
Yes, some teams had some issues about his makeup. Also, he just became a full-time pitcher that season when he was drafted by the Red Sox.

Yankees1962
09-02-07, 04:10 AM
There's been tons of young pitchers who pitched no-hitters and never became much. Bucholz is a good prospect, but pitching a no-hitter doesn't give you some uber, elite, can't miss, invincibility power. He's the same pitcher/prospect he was at 7:04 tonight.
Yep, a guy that is most likely going to be a royal P.I.A. for Yankee fans in the coming years.

ajra21
09-02-07, 04:13 AM
Yep, a guy that is most likely going to be a royal P.I.A. for Yankee fans in the coming years.

dice-k was suppose to be unhittable and we hit.

Meecham4ever
09-02-07, 05:50 AM

Of coure, if Gooden didn't have his "problems", maybe he WOULD hvae been as good as Clemens.

Yankees1962
09-02-07, 06:11 AM
dice-k was suppose to be unhittable and we hit.
I did say "most likely" which means there's a chance that it won't happen. In regard to D-Mats, so far, but that doesn't mean it's going to remain the same. Furthermore, if a Red Sox pitcher does well against the rest of baseball, he's still a P.I.A. for the Yankees because he's winning games for the Red Sox.

Spiker101
09-02-07, 08:39 AM

I loved that the kid pitched the no-no, but not for any "classy" reason, but more because typically the team benefiting from a game like that (Sox) has an emotional letdown the following day and the team no-hit comes out more determined. The way I figure it Buchholz's no-hitter makes it more likely Baltimore takes the series and the Yanks pickup a critical game. That's my story anyway.

Hildy910
09-02-07, 08:43 AM
high priced mercenaries ;)

How is Beckett a high priced mercenary? The Sox traded for him and he signed a pretty reasonable extension last season.

yankeesAZ
09-02-07, 10:30 AM

MLB will start "draft pick sharing" along with revenue sharing. ;)

OzarkFan
09-02-07, 10:41 AM
That was a small part of it. The larger issue was that he was only a two-pitch pitcher (fastball/curve). He didn't develop his changeup until after he was in the system.

Yankees13
09-02-07, 10:43 AM
Most likely? Let's not crown him Cy Bucholz just yet. When he has a larger sample size than 2 starts, I'll say he's going to be a pain in the ass for years.

P.S. The inverse is true, we can't say Hughes, Joba, Kennedy are gonna be thorns in the Red Sox's side just yet.

Casey at the Bat
09-02-07, 10:59 AM
All this talk about Bucholz vs Hughes vs Chamberlain vs Lester, etc reminds me of the days when we argued over who was the better shortstop between nomar, AROD and Jeter. Turns out, all three had pretty good careers. I imagine the same will probably hold true for this rookies as well.

I can't tell you who is better between the two (or four) but it's a nice problem to have, isn't it?

LeapsNbounds
09-02-07, 11:03 AM
How is Beckett a high priced mercenary? The Sox traded for him and he signed a pretty reasonable extension last season.

Giving up Hanley rameriez and Anibel Sanchez, it could be argued that the Marlins got the better end of that deal. And that is by no means a knock on beckett. I just think Hanley will be a superstar.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-02-07, 11:09 AM

I think most of the jealously stems for the fact that Hughes had his night taken away by nothing more than bad luck.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-02-07, 11:11 AM
All this talk about Bucholz vs Hughes vs Chamberlain vs Lester, etc reminds me of the days when we argued over who was the better shortstop between nomar, AROD and Jeter. Turns out, all three had pretty good careers. I imagine the same will probably hold true for this rookies as well.

I can't tell you who is better between the two (or four) but it's a nice problem to have, isn't it?

Not to be a prick, but if you are including Lester I think Kennedy should be inluded as well. And the thing is those were 3 positional players. Pitchers are a lot harder to predict. An injury can change everything.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-02-07, 11:14 AM
And to be quite honest im excited. Having all these great young pitchers isnt nearly as much fun if you dont have anybody to compare them to on your rival's team.

cano24
09-02-07, 11:15 AM
Giving up Hanley rameriez and Anibel Sanchez, it could be argued that the Marlins got the better end of that deal. And that is by no means a knock on beckett. I just think Hanley will be a superstar.

yea ramirez is definitely gonna be something special. the question is would you rather have a top of the line starter or a stud shortstop? thats a tough one.

ps how in the world is hanley ramirez locked up with the marlins through 2012

Casey at the Bat
09-02-07, 11:16 AM
I think most of the jealously stems for the fact that Hughes had his night taken away by nothing more than bad luck.

While it was great to watch Hughes pitch that day, and it really does stink that he got hurt, I think we are stretching a bit when we assume that he would have completed the no hitter. I don't remember, but I think Hughes was in the 7th inning when he got hurt. Just this last series, the Sox were no hit in back to back games through the 6th, then the 7th innings. Those pitching performances were pretty dominating by the Yanks pitchers, but still a far cry from the no hitter.

I am not saying Hughes wouldn't have thrown a no-no, but at the same time, I an not "subscribing..blah, blah, blah" to say that it would have been a definite no hitter. It does suck though, that in the end, it wasn't left up to his performance to decide, but instead his fate was decided by an untimely injury. It would have been great to see how far he could have taken it.

Casey at the Bat
09-02-07, 11:18 AM
Not to be a prick, but if you are including Lester I think Kennedy should be inluded as well. And the thing is those were 3 positional players. Pitchers are a lot harder to predict. An injury can change everything.

Man, the only pitchers I know are the ones on the roster. I know Kennedy is on the roster now, but I missed his game yesterday. Add Kennedy, drop Lester, whatever. The point still remains, which is that we both have a lot of pitchers developing, and that will be pretty fun to watch for the next couple of years.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-02-07, 11:21 AM
While it was great to watch Hughes pitch that day, and it really does stink that he got hurt, I think we are stretching a bit when we assume that he would have completed the no hitter. I don't remember, but I think Hughes was in the 7th inning when he got hurt. Just this last series, the Sox were no hit in back to back games through the 6th, then the 7th innings. Those pitching performances were pretty dominating by the Yanks pitchers, but still a far cry from the no hitter.

I am not saying Hughes wouldn't have thrown a no-no, but at the same time, I an not "subscribing..blah, blah, blah" to say that it would have been a definite no hitter. It does suck though, that in the end, it wasn't left up to his performance to decide, but instead his fate was decided by an untimely injury. It would have been great to see how far he could have taken it.

I agree, but im saying that was Hughe's night. He had his A stuff, his A control, and I think it sucks that he had it ended way too soon. Im not saying it would have been a definite no hitter. But his night in the spotlight was taken away from him, and at the same time has set him back a bit too.

JeterRodriguezSheff
09-02-07, 11:21 AM
Man, the only pitchers I know are the ones on the roster. I know Kennedy is on the roster now, but I missed his game yesterday. Add Kennedy, drop Lester, whatever. The point still remains, which is that we both have a lot of pitchers developing, and that will be pretty fun to watch for the next couple of years.
Yea I just wanted to include all the big prospects on the MLB rosters.

RIYankee23
09-02-07, 01:05 PM
Nice 2 run HR by Matt Stairs of all people off Jeff Weaver who makes Mussina look like Cy Young.

5-0 Toronto after 3 innings.

RIYankee23
09-02-07, 01:19 PM
Hopefully Daniel Cabrera can pitch a good game today. The Sox have a pretty weak lineup. They are starting Ellsbury, B. Moss (who??), JD Drew, Cora, and K. Cash. Their best hitters are Lowel, Youkilis, Ortiz, and Pedroia.

No score going into the bottom of the first.

Janttje
09-02-07, 01:32 PM
Boston 1-0 up

LIYanks
09-02-07, 01:33 PM
Boston's no-name lineup scored one run already in the first inning......

DJnVa
09-02-07, 01:37 PM
Boston's no-name lineup scored one run already in the first inning......

Well, it was hardly the no-names getting it done. Pedroia was knocked in by Lowell.

HondaCop
09-02-07, 02:13 PM
Baltimore... 1 hit in the last 12 innings... Talk about grabbing ankles!

LIYanks
09-02-07, 02:23 PM
Baltimore... 1 hit in the last 12 innings... Talk about grabbing ankles!

And we are not doing that much better against this feeble Tampa pitching.

jeterdaman
09-02-07, 02:26 PM
One of the "no names" (Ellsbury) hit a homerun. 2-0 Sox

ppa79
09-02-07, 02:32 PM
One of the "no names" (Ellsbury) hit a homerun. 2-0 Sox

Hell has frozen over.

Lucen
09-02-07, 02:41 PM
Hell has frozen over.

Jacoby didn't actually hit a home run. It was a weak blooper to right center... he just ran the bases in the 1.8 seconds it took for the ball to land.

:D

Janttje
09-02-07, 02:52 PM
Jays won 6-4.. But we arent winning :S

E-Rod
09-02-07, 02:56 PM

9 loses in a row, the way we are playing this days, they will break this streak against us for sure.

LIYanks
09-02-07, 02:58 PM

Just watch. Seattle will end their 8-game losing streak on Monday. :(

Janttje
09-02-07, 02:59 PM
Just watch. Seattle will end their 8-game losing streak on Monday. :(

Its a 9 game losing streak, but im with you.. We should be happy if we take 2 out of 3 from Seattle

LIYanks
09-02-07, 03:04 PM
Its a 9 game losing streak, but im with you.. We should be happy if we take 2 out of 3 from Seattle

Not if our bats continue to be MIA....

frostdude1
09-02-07, 03:20 PM
they were just playing japanese techno on nesn ... apparently its a new song about Okajima :lol:

is there a cd coming out ? i heard something about matsuzaka

Bluebeak
09-02-07, 04:14 PM
Jays doing it with mirrors. Only 5.5 behind the yanks with 7 head-to-head games remaining. This could be a 4 team race.

LoweRez
09-02-07, 04:34 PM
Jays doing it with mirrors. Only 5.5 behind the yanks with 7 head-to-head games remaining. This could be a 4 team race.

7-0 Detroit in the 5th. A win puts them 2 games back in the WC. Anyone else think them a greater threat than Seattle?

R.V.47
09-02-07, 04:46 PM
7-0 Detroit in the 5th. A win puts them 2 games back in the WC. Anyone else think them a greater threat than Seattle?

They definitly could be because their pitching is way better than Seattle. The Tigers are just starting to get healthy now and im sure they will eventually get Sheff back although im not completely sure what his status is.

Spiker101
09-02-07, 05:01 PM

I've been saying it for a while now, but the Tigers have a cupcake sked. The Yanks are going to have to win this, not count on having it handed to them.

LuisTiant
09-02-07, 05:26 PM
Jacoby didn't actually hit a home run. It was a weak blooper to right center... he just ran the bases in the 1.8 seconds it took for the ball to land.

:D

This made me laugh. I needed it.

(And saw the Ellsbury HR - it was a pretty decent shot to right. Didn't think he had that kind of power.)

MassNYYfan
09-02-07, 05:26 PM
7-5 now in the 7th.

Go A's.

LuisTiant
09-02-07, 05:28 PM
And Papelbon shuts the door for the save.

Final: 3-2 Boston.

6 games back.

Lucen
09-02-07, 05:35 PM
This made me laugh. I needed it.

(And saw the Ellsbury HR - it was a pretty decent shot to right. Didn't think he had that kind of power.)

Most major leaguers, when they get the sweet spot on the ball, can leave the yard. I don't think it's an indication of his power so much as getting a really nice swing on it.

Glad I could provide a laugh, though. :)

YanksFan1992
09-02-07, 05:44 PM
Wow we're only 5 and a half games ahead of Toronto...So if they sweep up the next time we play, Watch Out :eek:

roblyo33
09-02-07, 06:06 PM
A's 7 - Tigers 7.........thank you Suzuki (the other one)

keg411
09-02-07, 06:07 PM
Oakland ties it up against Todd Jones in the bottom of the 9th. 7-7 still no outs.

MassNYYfan
09-02-07, 06:07 PM
Kurt Suzuki 2-run HR with 0 outs in the 9th to tie it at 7!

YanksFan1992
09-02-07, 06:10 PM
Good job Oakland!

philleotardo
09-02-07, 06:11 PM
C'mon Swisher

Sean Ryan
Jones is falling apart. Someone tell me why Zumaya isn't there closer

philleotardo
C'mon Cust

MassNYYfan
2nd and 3rd with 0 outs.

Do it.

Skars
09-02-07, 06:12 PM
single handedly giving the game to the a's. after the HR, 2 straight baserunners, and wild pitch, and now walking the bases loaded with no outs

The Dynasty
09-02-07, 06:13 PM
Detroit and Seattle are seriously self destructing.

philleotardo
Jones is falling apart. Someone tell me why Zumaya isn't there closer

Shhhh...let's not encourage that

MassNYYfan
Cust IBB to load 'em for Piazza.

Piazza bounces into the 6-2-3 DP.

Jerk.

YanksFan1992
09-02-07, 06:14 PM
Ugh bases loaded nobody out and they ground into a dp

philleotardo
09-02-07, 06:14 PM
First time I've ever rooted for Piazza

Sean Ryan
09-02-07, 06:15 PM
Are They Seriously Not Going To Score Here?

HondaCop
09-02-07, 06:15 PM
Piazza DP. Dammit, can't you even try to elevate the ball! :mad:

MassNYYfan
09-02-07, 06:17 PM
Johnson flies out to RCF.

Damn Oakland A'ss..

CallOfTheCrow
09-02-07, 06:17 PM
wow.......

HondaCop
09-02-07, 06:18 PM
Bottom 9th, bases loaded and NO outs and they are unable to win it. A'ss deserve to lose.

Sean Ryan
Wow. How Does That Happen.

CallOfTheCrow
Atrocious.

roblyo33
WTF Oakland!!!

philleotardo
09-02-07, 06:25 PM
Huston Street delivers...come on let's finish this.

CallOfTheCrow
09-02-07, 06:29 PM
1 on nobody out.

R.V.47
09-02-07, 06:31 PM
Mr. Clutch Marco Scutaro on deck.

philleotardo
09-02-07, 06:32 PM
I can't swear to it....but I don't think I've ever heard of Jack Hannahan before this moment.

MassNYYfan
A's win!!!! A's win!!!!!

CallOfTheCrow
game! Yes~!

DaYanks24
09-02-07, 06:33 PM
Thank you, Mr. Jones.

R.V.47
09-02-07, 06:33 PM
How did Mark Ellis score on a single. The ESPN.com game cast must not be telling me something.

Sean Ryan
09-02-07, 06:35 PM
How did Mark Ellis score on a single. The ESPN.com game cast must not be telling me something.

I was thinking the same thing, but yay!

jimmykey2
The A's save the Yankees bacon.

teknetic
Did Timo bobble the ball 5 times and then underhand it home? gameday is showing it as a soft single to LF, doesn't say Ellis moved to second.

DaYanks24
Ellis was running on the pitch and the ball was a soft bloop that hit the 3rd base foul line and slowly rolled into the bullpen.

Sean Ryan
09-02-07, 06:36 PM
Detroit blew a 7-0 lead. Tough lost.

VanHalen5150
09-02-07, 06:37 PM
Ellis was running on the pitch and the ball was a soft bloop that hit the 3rd base foul line and slowly rolled into the bullpen.

Yeah, I thought it was a double, I don't know why they did not credit him with a double.

roblyo33
09-02-07, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a double, I don't know why they did not credit him with a double.

Because he never ran to second base:eek:

DaYanks24

Since the run had scored by the time he got to first, he didn't need to advance to second. Kind of like Robin Ventura's walk-off single for the Mets a few years ago that was actually a grand slam.

philleotardo
Detroit blew a 7-0 lead. Tough lost.
Detroit and Seattle play each other next weekend.

teknetic

That's hysterical, not sure what's worse, blowing a 7 run lead to the A's offense or still having Todd Jones closing ballgames for you.

ericns1
09-02-07, 06:40 PM
Not a good weekend in MI - the Tigers lose as does the U of M - DJ won't like the last one.

NYYFAN5388
09-02-07, 06:41 PM
Thank God Det blew it

philleotardo
09-02-07, 06:42 PM
as does the U of M - DJ won't like the last one.
Probably explains his day today.

NYIndian2005
09-02-07, 07:06 PM
Seattle and Detroit are really helping us big time. The yanks are living dangerously. This cannot continue for long. We need to go on a run here and take care of business on our own. We lost couple of golden oppurtunities here to put some distance between them and us.

girardi08
09-02-07, 09:30 PM
Shields gives up a grand slam to Hank Blalock on ESPN2... how come we can't do that :(

frostdude1
09-02-07, 10:22 PM
Shields gives up a grand slam to Hank Blalock on ESPN2... how come we can't do that :(

because the angels turn into the 1927 yankees against us

teknetic
09-02-07, 10:28 PM
Shields had an 8.15 ERA prior to tonight in the second half and we did knock him out of the game last time he faced us. Seeing the Angels still makes me wet myself, but he's been very hittable lately. Hopefully it carries into the playoffs, then again with this offense who the hell really knows..

R.V.47
09-03-07, 12:01 AM

Shields has fallen off the face of the earth.

Jeter Kid
09-03-07, 01:15 AM
I'd love for us to face Shields now. He really has fallen off.

YanksFan1992
09-03-07, 02:13 PM
I think there are 6 teams we need to watch (Detroit, Boston, Toronto and Seattle, Cleveland and Anaheim)

And the Indians are up 3-0 in the Third

a2ruYankee
09-03-07, 02:16 PM
I think there are 6 teams we need to watch (Detroit, Boston, Toronto and Seattle, Cleveland and Anaheim)

And the Indians are up 3-0 in the Third

Forget about watching all those other teams... we better start looking at ourselves.

junkman73
09-03-07, 02:18 PM
Coming up on 3 heartless performances in 4 games...not the time of the year to be doing this. At least today the other team's SP didn't have an ERA over 6.00.

a2ruYankee
09-03-07, 02:25 PM
Coming up on 3 heartless performances in 4 games...not the time of the year to be doing this. At least today the other team's SP didn't have an ERA over 6.00.

I believe yesterdays opposing pitchers era was almost 8 :mad:

YanksFan1992
09-03-07, 02:31 PM
Forget about watching all those other teams... we better start looking at ourselves.

Well if we don't step it up we better hope the Mariners and Tigers keep losing

teknetic
09-03-07, 02:31 PM

Nope, but he has struggled all month. Really wasn't shocking at all seeing him "shut them down." They had their chances and crapped the bed, again.

MassNYYfan
09-03-07, 02:41 PM
At this rate we're going to be doing alot of scoreboard watching.

And praying.

just-blaze
09-03-07, 03:20 PM
Hate to say it, but we really should be cheering on Boston tonight.

Toronto is 5 out with some games left against us.

roblyo33
09-03-07, 03:30 PM

Can't bring myself to rooting for the sux...................the division is still attainable

frostdude1
09-03-07, 03:33 PM

thats wut i was thinking:mad:

Jetfanmack
09-03-07, 04:13 PM
Come on. You're seriously rooting for Boston to beat Toronto?

We're 6 out of Boston with games left against them. Same scenario, just reversed. Besides, I highly doubt that Toronto finishes with a better record than Seattle or Detroit.

yankees135
09-03-07, 04:42 PM
Come on. You're seriously rooting for Boston to beat Toronto?

We're 6 out of Boston with games left against them. Same scenario, just reversed. Besides, I highly doubt that Toronto finishes with a better record than Seattle or Detroit.

We have 3 games left with Boston--at Fenway. Assuming Boston loses tonight, we'd have to sweep Boston--which isn't easy (otherwise we'd have to make up 5 games which certainly is a long shot). Then after that there would be 21 games left to make up 3 games. Impossible? No. But, the Jays are only 4 back of us and play us 7 more times. Much more opportunity for them to make up ground on us, than for us to make up ground on the Sox.

Not that I will be "rooting" for Boston (that is, I'm not goign to watch the game!) but I won't be unhappy to see them win.

BUT, I'm not rooting for a Boston sweep either. Hopefully Boston takes 2 out of 3 as a sweep would mean they are playing well!

shotz
09-03-07, 06:03 PM
Dear lord please let boston lose tonite and i promise i will go to church once in awhile

shotz
09-03-07, 06:14 PM
Matt Stairs with a double!!

girardi08
09-03-07, 06:14 PM
Fenway is such a dump. I can't stand that short fence in RF.

shotz
09-03-07, 06:15 PM
Rios doubles 1 zip Jays

shotz
09-03-07, 06:25 PM
Litsch getting knocked around now faces Ortiz

shotz
09-03-07, 06:26 PM
wow he gets Ortiz out

shotz
09-03-07, 06:28 PM
that didnt last long 3-1 boston on a mike lowell HR

Meecham4ever
09-03-07, 06:28 PM
Lowell is bound to come back down to earth one of these days. :mad:

shotz
09-03-07, 06:32 PM
all the way to the center of the earth would be nice

girardi08
09-03-07, 06:32 PM
Lowell is bound to come back down to earth one of these days. :mad:

let him keep hitting... hopefully the red sox will resign him and they'll deal with his decline.

shotz
09-03-07, 06:33 PM
Jays at bat

MassNYYfan
09-03-07, 06:34 PM
Hey Litsch, I think I heard Ortiz say "Ha!" when he got back to the dugout.

Take out his legs.

shotz
09-03-07, 06:37 PM
Matsuzaka is in the zone tonite

shotz
09-03-07, 06:39 PM
7 pitches retires the Jays

shotz
09-03-07, 06:40 PM
Crisp down on two

umpsrconferring
09-03-07, 06:42 PM
Rooting for the Jays or the Red Sox here?

girardi08
09-03-07, 06:44 PM
Rooting for the Jays or the Red Sox here?

I'm rooting for a meteor to crash into Fenway Park.

shotz
09-03-07, 06:44 PM
Litsch retires the sox on 11 pitches might have a good game here

shotz
09-03-07, 06:45 PM
Jays at bat

Gringaloca
09-03-07, 06:46 PM
A 'good game' for me will be a BJays 'Win' and under 10 runs scored...;)

Gringaloca
09-03-07, 06:49 PM
Coco got that Oscar Gamble "look" goin' on...:D

shotz
09-03-07, 06:49 PM
Matt Stairs the only one that came to play tonite

shotz
09-03-07, 06:57 PM
Litsch in trouble

jeterdaman
09-03-07, 07:03 PM
Well the Division is 99% gone at this point. We're 1 game up in the Wild Card, tied in the loss column. We are better than everyone chasing us, we get this done.

It doesn't have to be pretty, we will find a way.

shotz
09-03-07, 07:10 PM
Glaus on board

shotz
09-03-07, 07:12 PM
nice one Overbay

frostdude1
09-03-07, 07:13 PM
I'm rooting for a meteor to crash into Fenway Park.

haha same here

shotz
09-03-07, 07:13 PM
Matsuzaka at 55 pitches

frostdude1
09-03-07, 07:16 PM
why are some people cheering for toronto ? the AL East is gone ... toronto is a bigger threat to take our wild card away than boston

R.V.47
09-03-07, 07:17 PM
We should all just remember that Boston could actually do us a favor by burying Toronto these next couple of days. Thats a talented team with some good young pitchers and a very good offense. We dont need them seriously getting into this wild card hunt.

girardi08
09-03-07, 07:33 PM
Glaus pulls a Bill Buckner...this game is over.

shotz
09-03-07, 07:39 PM
the Jays roll over and die. game over in 4 innings.

CallOfTheCrow
09-03-07, 07:41 PM
but the good news is i saved alot of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Stashed_in_the_South
09-03-07, 07:42 PM
Jeebus, it's 10-1.

I'm going to play video games.

"CALL of DUTY 3"!!!!

Bluebeak
09-03-07, 07:43 PM
Halladay tommorrow night is a must win unless the jays want to pack it up. Marcum matches up very well with a tenditis impaired Schilling in game 3. The margin for error is razor thin for my jays.

DCfan
09-03-07, 07:49 PM
Halladay tommorrow night is a must win unless the jays want to pack it up. Marcum matches up very well with a tenditis impaired Schilling in game 3. The margin for error is razor thin for my jays.
True. But even if Toronto doesn't make it this year, the future is extremely bright. Halladay/Burnett/McGowan/Marcum/Litsch is one of the best rotations in the AL; if everyone stays healthy, a full year of that rotation will be scary.

Bluebeak
09-03-07, 07:52 PM
True. But even if Toronto doesn't make it this year, the future is extremely bright. Halladay/Burnett/McGowan/Marcum/Litsch is one of the best rotations in the AL; if everyone stays healthy, a full year of that rotation will be scary.

The jays have a reputation for having a potent offense but we are 2nd to last in runs scored behind the white sox. Really poor execution with RISP. Batters are flawed abit with feast or famine approach. We could easily be 10 under if it wasn't for the staff.

LuisTiant
09-03-07, 07:52 PM
Bases loaded, nobody out for Ellsbury.

Ugh.

Bluebeak
09-03-07, 07:53 PM
Bases loaded, nobody out for Ellsbury.

Ugh.

Kennedy to Towers really instills fear. :D

LuisTiant
09-03-07, 07:58 PM
Mercifully, they get out of it.

Remains 10-1 end of 5.

DCfan
09-03-07, 07:59 PM
The jays have a reputation for having a potent offense but we are 2nd to last in runs scored behind the white sox. Really poor execution with RISP. Batters are flawed abit with feast or famine approach. We could easily be 10 under if it wasn't for the staff.
I agree. The offense has been the problem this year. But a full year with that rotation (which they didn't have this year) could mask a LOT of problems on offense. I see no reason why the East won't be a bona fide 3-team race next year. And I'm not sure the Jays won't have the best rotation of the three.

shotz
09-03-07, 08:00 PM
wow Josh Towers gets himself into a mess then gets himself out of a mess

montrealer
09-03-07, 08:02 PM
I`ll say it now......Jays will have a say who makes the Play-offs......

DCfan
09-03-07, 08:06 PM
That almost goes without saying, considering they still play the Yanks seven more times.

DCfan
09-03-07, 08:11 PM
...and just like that, it's 10-5.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:11 PM

Well they've done a great job tonight in making sure Boston locks up the East....wait Glaus 3-run HR, it's 10-5 now.....nah

JDPNYY
09-03-07, 08:12 PM
I tell ya what... Balty and TB are locked up in quite a 4-4 battle.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:13 PM
Watching Dice-K pitch for Boston makes me wonder how he might have fared in NY...I think maybe not so good

CallOfTheCrow
09-03-07, 08:14 PM
dice-k getting rocked. Has he been booed yet?

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:14 PM
I tell ya what... Balty and TB are locked up in quite a 4-4 battle.

Hey! There's my stapler!

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:16 PM
Watching Dice-K pitch for Boston makes me wonder how he might have fared in NY...I think maybe not so good

I think he would fare just fine. And he's young and makes all of his starts.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:16 PM
I can't see Dice-K dominating down the road. If anything that should have happened the first time around the league

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:17 PM
I think he would fare just fine. And he's young and makes all of his starts.

Would have been interesting...just like this game is starting to get...

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:18 PM
I can't see Dice-K dominating down the road. If anything that should have happened the first time around the league

Yeah, I agree. I don't see him as a dominant guy. But I'd love to have him. He's a 200 inning horse.

yankeebot
09-03-07, 08:19 PM
I can't see Dice-K dominating down the road. If anything that should have happened the first time around the leagueHe may not dominate but I think he's going to get significantly better as he adjusts to the 5 man rotation, the hitters, the culture, etc. I think he'll be very good.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I agree. I don't see him as a dominant guy. But I'd love to have him. He's a 200 inning horse.

Yeah I would take him over, say...Moose or Clemens this year

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:21 PM
The thing I don't like about Matsuzaka is that he doesn't seem to have a consistent out pitch.. Beckett has his hard curveball, Clemens has a splitter, Mussina had a knucklecurve, Schilling has his splitter, what's Matsuzaka's outpitch?

CallOfTheCrow
09-03-07, 08:23 PM
wow from 10-1 to 10-6

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:24 PM
He may not dominate but I think he's going to get significantly better as he adjusts to the 5 man rotation, the hitters, the culture, etc. I think he'll be very good.

Significantly better? I dunno....unseen pitchers tend to have the upper hand initially...look at what Nomo did when he came over here until the hitters adjusted. He is already getting taking his lumps over here.

Bluebeak
09-03-07, 08:24 PM
Stairs with the bases juiced!

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:25 PM
The thing I don't like about Matsuzaka is that he doesn't seem to have a consistent out pitch.. Beckett has his hard curveball, Clemens has a splitter, Mussina had a knucklecurve, Schilling has his splitter, what's Matsuzaka's outpitch?

Supposedly it was that gyro ball but it doesn't seem to have an effect here

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:25 PM
If anything, I love hearing the Fenway crowd sweat :D

BonusCantos
09-03-07, 08:26 PM
10-8. This is insane.

yankeeman61
Wow 10-8....this is how NOT to mail in a game.

CallOfTheCrow
gyro ball lol

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:27 PM
If anything, I love hearing the Fenway crowd sweat :D

You mean that collective groan? :)

DCfan
Wow 10-8....this is how NOT to mail in a game.
This is impressive, to say the least.

Tying run on second, ONE out.

girardi08
Wow...10-8 and the Manny who hasn't quit on his team is coming in.

jeterdaman
oh this is going to be sweet lmao

JDPNYY
10-8. This is insane.

What's insane is the Jays wacky lineup. Wacky is working though.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:29 PM
35,000 sox fans standing on a ledge...lol...10-9

26 and counting
09-03-07, 08:29 PM
He may not dominate but I think he's going to get significantly better as he adjusts to the 5 man rotation, the hitters, the culture, etc. I think he'll be very good.

Just wondering, how is adjusting to the culture going to allow him to make that big pitch when he really needs to?

montrealer
09-03-07, 08:30 PM
What's insane is the Jays wacky lineup. Wacky is working though.

I`ve said it before.......I think they are the "Death of Us".....HA!!!!!!!! may bite us on the Arse.........

yankeeman61
Amazing that Big Hurt still gets close calls in his favor

LeapsNbounds
I might be the only one, but seeing Seattle 1 GB, Detroit 2.5 GB I certainly do not want to see the Blue Jays get within 4.5.

I might be the minority, but at this point the more the WC contenders lose ground the better.

LuisTiant
09-03-07, 08:31 PM
35,000 sox fans standing on a ledge...lol...10-9

I'm not so happy about this, though.

The Jays are trouble.

JeterRodriguezSheff
Holy Crap 8 run inning

LuisTiant
I might be the only one, but seeing Seattle 1 GB, Detroit 2.5 GB I certainly do not want to see the Blue Jays get within 4.5.

I might be the minority, but at this point the more the WC contenders lose ground the better.

You're certainly not alone, I'll tell you that much.

yankeeman61
09-03-07, 08:32 PM
35,000 just soiled themselves with that long foul ball

CallOfTheCrow
according to yahoo, dice-k threw 69 pitches....must have been alot of meatballs.

LuisTiant
Sox escape with a 10-9 lead thanks to a nice diving catch by the Ellsbury kid.

shotz
09-03-07, 08:33 PM
this game is out of control

LeapsNbounds
You're certainly not alone, I'll tell you that much.

The way I look at it, if they win, I look up in the standings. If they lose, I look down. We have been losing WAY too often.

JDPNYY
...and the Sawz coast in to the bottom of the 6th with the lead still in tact.

LuisTiant
according to yahoo, dice-k threw 69 pitches....must have been alot of meatballs.

Incredible thing: he was CRUISING through 5.

And then just absolutely lost it in the 6th.

yankeebot
09-03-07, 08:34 PM
Just wondering, how is adjusting to the culture going to allow him to make that big pitch when he really needs to?It's not but playing ball is not done in a vacuum. The players are human and outside influences have a bearing on their play. I don't know if you've ever spend extended periods of time in a foreign country but I have and it's physically draining.

BonusCantos
09-03-07, 08:34 PM
Never saw that kind of inning coming.

CallOfTheCrow
09-03-07, 08:35 PM
Incredible thing: he was CRUISING through 5.

And then just absolutely lost it in the 6th.

seems to happen alot to him, crusing along then that one inning he either totally implodes or just gets hit a little more then earlier.

Carbon Fiber
09-03-07, 08:36 PM

Yeah, he pitched poorly, but the strike zone is -very- tight. It's fair, though - it's going on both sides. But there have been at least 10 (not kidding) pitches called balls on both sides that I think are called strikes 3 out of 4 times. So mediocre pitching on both sides combined with tight strike zone = lots o runs

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:36 PM
Talk about having a career year at the best possible time/

girardi08
09-03-07, 08:37 PM
Giving up a double to J.D. Drew.. Josh Towers is hopeless.

shotz
i really dont want to go to church........

Bluebeak
Gibbons is brain dead. You yank towers after the leadoff single. God I hate him.

26 and counting
It's not but playing ball is not done in a vacuum. The players are human and outside influences have a bearing on their play. I don't know if you've ever spend extended periods of time in a foreign country but I have and it's physically draining.

I guess you have a point there. I spent three weeks in Australia, and by the end of the trip I was exhausted and was looking forward to going back home where I was familiar with the setting. Plus, I never got used to the whole driving-in-the-left-lane thing, and having the steering wheel on the "wrong" side.:D