PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 08:20 PM
They hung in the NL West race for a while last year before tailing off in the 2nd half. I wouldn't be surprised if they hung out for a while this year, too.

And it's not just in Coors that they're hitting, either. They've scored 18 sea-level runs just fine this series.

Too bad they lost the first game of the series, in a nail-biter.

TheMick@ND
06-14-07, 08:20 PM
They hung in the NL West race for a while last year before tailing off in the 2nd half. I wouldn't be surprised if they hung out for a while this year, too.

And it's not just in Coors that they're hitting, either. They've scored 18 sea-level runs just fine this series.

Yeah if they win this game I believe they will be a game above .500 on the road

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah, and Colorado has the best D in baseball.

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 08:25 PM
What's going to be Peter Gammon's excuse for Beckett tonight? Did he have avulsions today? Defective baseball?

BonusCantos
Colorado 5, Boston 0

End 3rd

spyglass
Yeah, Colorado is actually a lot better than people give them credit for. I expect they'll be tougher to beat than we think, especially since we play them at Coors.

Red Sox go down in order in the bottom of the 3rd.

Panamaniac42
06-14-07, 08:26 PM
5 ER...hopefully Beckett can hang on and get through 5 innings so he gets a standing ovation.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:27 PM
Yeah, Colorado is actually a lot better than people give them credit for. I expect they'll be tougher to beat than we think, especially since we play them at Coors.

The Yankees are probably going to have to mash their way to wins in that series.

jughead
06-14-07, 08:27 PM

Agreed. The Rockies have a nice little team. Matt Holliday also is the most underrated player in the game today.

edit: He must have heard me. Solo shot off Beckett :D

sujaan
06-14-07, 08:29 PM
Panamaniac, changing that line above your avatar yet? We ARE 2 whole games over .500, you know.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:30 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 0

Top 4th

(Holliday HR)

Yankees79
06-14-07, 08:30 PM
if the redsox lose i cannot wait to hear what chris russo will say... he keeps saying no way the yanks will catch the red sox, yet we have cut the lead in half in two weeks

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 08:31 PM
Does he still get a standing ovation?

Panamaniac42
Panamaniac, changing that line above your avatar yet? We ARE 2 whole games over .500, you know.

I changed the av late at night forgot to remove the tagline hahaha thanks

BonusCantos
Does he still get a standing ovation?
Probably.

Toaderly
Colorado 6, Boston 0

Top 4th

(Holliday HR)

HA! ...

nnysiny
06-14-07, 08:32 PM
Beckett's current ERA: 3.43

jughead
06-14-07, 08:33 PM
HA! ...That's bush

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:40 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 0

End 4th

jeterismyhomeboy
06-14-07, 08:42 PM
I have found a new appreciation for J.D. Drew.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:43 PM
Garrett Atkins just misses another HR. I'd say he's cooked, Terry.

spyglass
Dang, Atkins is a triple away from the cycle.

WebsterMulligan
Beckett is getting LIT-UP!!! :lol:

OlgMvp
06-14-07, 08:44 PM
Excellent...come on lucky 7!

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 08:44 PM
Love hearing J.D. Drew getting booed... good job Theo :lol:

pWi
06-14-07, 08:46 PM
mmmmmm 3.5 back...i can smell it

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:46 PM
He could've tagged up from there. The throw was offline.

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 08:47 PM

Drew has been fortunate to have been overlooked by Boston's red-hot start. Otherwise, he would have already have been eviscerated by Red Sox Nation.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:48 PM
This would be Beckett's first career loss vs. Colorado if it holds.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 08:49 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 0

Half way there

Panamaniac42
06-14-07, 08:51 PM
Drew has been fortunate to have been overlooked by Boston's red-hot start. Otherwise, he would have already have been eviscerated by Red Sox Nation.

If he rubs his hat on the foul line and runs his uniform over with his car, they will love him. Oh and high socks, too.

hardrain
06-14-07, 08:51 PM
if the redsox lose i cannot wait to hear what chris russo will say... he keeps saying no way the yanks will catch the red sox, yet we have cut the lead in half in two weeks

I thought Russo was caving today --

I really love hearing Joe Benigno throw in the towel -- his rant today was superb...claiming the Yanks will win 30 in a row. a classic

Illmind
06-14-07, 08:52 PM
in honor of Panamaniac's avy, which shows my favorite album ever made, i would like to say beckett ain't a crook son, he just a shook one and so is his teammate nancy drew...

Gator's Shadow
06-14-07, 08:52 PM

Wait a minute...boos at Fenway towards their own player? Thats not possible, as all those "erudite", classy Boston fans will tell us, only mouthbreathing, knuckledragging Yankee fans do that.

hardrain
06-14-07, 08:53 PM
Wait a minute...boos at Fenway towards their own player? Thats not possible, as all those "erudite", classy Boston fans will tell us, only mouthbreathing, knuckledragging Yankee fans do that.

ha ha -- good call. I love it.

BonusCantos

I really love hearing Joe Benigno throw in the towel -- his rant today was superb...claiming the Yanks will win 30 in a row. a classic
On my drive home yesterday, I heard him (Russo) say something about Clemens (I think) not being a good investment "in August when the Yankees are out of it." Not if, when. Little things like that.

hardrain
On my drive home yesterday, I heard him say something about Clemens (I think) not being a good investment "in August when the Yankees are out of it." Not if, when. Little things like that.

Well then, little Fruit Loops will have a tough August!

WebsterMulligan

Erudite ... :lol:

Panamaniac42
06-14-07, 08:54 PM
in honor of Panamaniac's avy, which shows my favorite album ever made, i would like to say beckett ain't a crook son, he just a shook one and so is his teammate nancy drew...

haha yes

spyglass
06-14-07, 08:55 PM
Heh. I didn't know that about Manning and Helton.

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 08:55 PM

Benigno must be suicidal, after the Mets just dropped three to LA.

Gator's Shadow
06-14-07, 08:57 PM

What he will say is that the Sox still have an 8.5 game lead even after going into an offensive sleep for 2 weeks..its still a huge lead, and that no Yankee fan should be celebrating anything just because they've managed to climb back to decency from absolute disaster...the yankees are one pitcing injury away from dropping back in the toilet again...blah, blah. Actually, whats scary is that I dont totally disagree with that.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:00 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 0

End 5th

hardrain
06-14-07, 09:01 PM
Benigno must be suicidal, after the Mets just dropped three to LA.

Oh, absolutely brilliant rant. My wife and I were laughing so hard I had to pull the car over. I really love Joe when the Mets lose.

teknetic
06-14-07, 09:01 PM
What he will say is that the Sox still have an 8.5 game lead even after going into an offensive sleep for 2 weeks..its still a huge lead, and that no Yankee fan should be celebrating anything just because they've managed to climb back to decency from absolute disaster...the yankees are one pitcing injury away from dropping back in the toilet again...blah, blah. Actually, whats scary is that I dont totally disagree with that.

7.5 :)

rca1230
06-14-07, 09:03 PM
NESN was making fun of two people dating

the only thing good about Boston and the Red Sox, their broadcasting team

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 09:04 PM
Oh, absolutely brilliant rant. My wife and I were laughing so hard I had to pull the car over. I really love Joe when the Mets lose.

His Jets rants are classic as well.

hardrain
06-14-07, 09:04 PM

Like I always say, I will give NESN this, they are more objective than ESPN.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:05 PM
Like I always say, I will give NESN this, they are more objective than ESPN.
Well that doesn't take much...

Seriously, Don & Jerry are a good team.

Dynasties R Forever
06-14-07, 09:06 PM
I'm watching tonights scoreboard...and I like what I see.

hardrain
06-14-07, 09:07 PM
His Jets rants are classic as well.

They always have me in tears -- the difference is he is not complaining about his teams as much as taking Jet and Met blunders personally.

Joe thinks, for example, that Jose Reyes didn't run out a grounder -

or Chad Pennington threw an interception -- specifically to torment Joe Benigno. Makes for fun radio

spyglass
06-14-07, 09:08 PM
Agreed. I am actually enjoying listening to this broadcast.

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 09:09 PM
They always have me in tears -- the difference is he is not complaining about his teams as much as taking Jet and Met blunders personally.

Joe thinks, for example, that Jose Reyes didn't run out a grounder -

or Chad Pennington threw an interception -- specifically to torment Joe Benigno. Makes for fun radio

Sometimes I wish one of his teams would just win a championship already.

NOT! :lol:

hardrain
06-14-07, 09:11 PM
Sometimes I wish one of his teams would just win a championship already.

NOT! :lol:

I hear you. But this is also why I respect Joe B. but not Russo. Fruit Loops is vindictive, Joe just wants his team to win.

Plus - Joe doesn't put the Yanks down.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:13 PM
Boston starting a rally.

WebsterMulligan
06-14-07, 09:13 PM
I hear you. But this is also why I respect Joe B. but not Russo. Fruit Loops is vindictive, Joe just wants his team to win.

Plus - Joe doesn't put the Yanks down.

Indeed. Joe is the quintessential fan.

hardrain
06-14-07, 09:15 PM
Boston starting a rally.

Uh oh, Jorge Julio is in (this is in theory only - no game thread stuff allowed for RS)

MichaelŪ
06-14-07, 09:16 PM

That exchange was freakin' hilarious, though that dating show is a godawful idea.

Nuke LaLoosh
06-14-07, 09:19 PM
JD Drew down looking ;-)

YASS
06-14-07, 09:20 PM
Interesting that Drew is the new leadoff hitter.

"Hitter" is not the right word. He's not one of those. :P

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:21 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 0

End 6th

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 09:22 PM
I thought Red Sox fans didn't boo their own players :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yankeeah
06-14-07, 09:24 PM
whod they boo?

sweet_lou_14
06-14-07, 09:26 PM
whod they boo?

Johnny Pesky

Dynasties R Forever
06-14-07, 09:26 PM
"Hitter" is not the right word. He's not one of those. :P

Most of the heat I've seen from Boston fans have been directed towards Crisp and Lugo. You're the only one I've noticed who keeps the fire mainly at Drews feet. I just think it's interesting. Even though Crisp and Lugo have looked worse...they aren't getting Drews contract and weren't expected to provide as much...so, I think you're right.

Dynasties R Forever
06-14-07, 09:27 PM
Johnny Pesky

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

YASS
06-14-07, 09:27 PM
I thought Red Sox fans didn't boo their own players :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This came up in the RS thread, too.

The boos are focused on the newcomers: ballplayers who came here on big contracts but haven't ever delivered a nickel's worth of value. I don't think there's a fanbase in baseball that wouldn't start to boo performances this awful after a while.

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 09:28 PM
whod they boo?

Nancy.

yanksphan
06-14-07, 09:29 PM
Most of the heat I've seen from Boston fans have been directed towards Crisp and Lugo. You're the only one I've noticed who keeps the fire mainly at Drews feet. I just think it's interesting. Even though Crisp and Lugo have looked worse...they aren't getting Drews contract and weren't expected to provide as much...so, I think you're right.

I just posted this in the RS thread, but seems relevant...

Drew (5 year/$70mil) .236/.344/.351 4HR 25RBI 31BB 38K

Nixon (1 year/$3mil) .245/.330/.340 2HR 23RBI 24BB 37K

teknetic
06-14-07, 09:30 PM
Coco, Lugo, and Drew back to back to back in the lineup? :scared:

YASS
06-14-07, 09:35 PM
Coco, Lugo, and Drew back to back to back in the lineup? :scared:

That doesn't bother me so much, though. I'm a big advocate of bundling up all your suck in one place, so that you can get past it and be done with it, as opposed to scattering the suck through the lineup so that you never really get a chance to keep the line moving.

The problem is that nobody else is hot right now, so there's really no getting past the suck anywhere in the lineup right now.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:39 PM
Colorado 6, Boston 1

Bottom 7th

susieb8020
06-14-07, 09:40 PM

I completely agree. While I'm beside myself with joy that we're making this interesting and finally playing great baseball, I'm not celebrating just yet. Call me superstitious, but as soon as we start gloating over our distant second place position, that's when we start losing again. I'd prefer to sit quietly and watch the Yanks shave game after game off that lead. Then on the day we overtake them, I will email all my Sox fan friends and family and say "What do you think of those first place Yankees? Pretty special, huh?"

Big Game Andy
06-14-07, 09:43 PM
Gotta love the Yankees suck chant. Boston fans are getting scared and their team is choking away a historic lead.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:44 PM
Gotta love the Yankees suck chant. Boston fans are getting scared and their team is choking away a historic lead.
Well, if this holds, they'll have only choked away half of it. That last half is always the hardest.

NYIndian2005
06-14-07, 09:47 PM
7.5 games is still a big lead folks. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We are only half way there. We have seen this year that this boston team is fully capable of going on a run themselves.

Dynasties R Forever
06-14-07, 09:49 PM
Well, if this holds, they'll have only choked away half of it. That last half is always the hardest.

Yeah...it's still a pretty damn nice lead...there is a ton of time left however...and we have not yet seen the best this Yankee team can do.

Hopefully we will have Phil Hughes back for the home stretch and a rejuvenated Igawa for the bullpen/6th man.

I also anticipate some trades involving our bullpen. We have guys on the farm who can contribute, why bother with the drek on our ML team.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 09:53 PM
7.5 games is still a big lead folks. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We are only half way there. We have seen this year that this boston team is fully capable of going on a run themselves.
Not many people here are getting ahead of themselves.

In my mind, all I'd like the Yankees to do is chip off another 2-3 games before the All-Star Break (after tonight) in the next 20-something games. That's a realistic goal.

scooterfan
06-14-07, 09:53 PM

It's why you focus on winning each 3 or 4 game series. What the Sox do is not within the Yankees' control. If we slowly build to 5 over, 10 over, etc... eventually you don't have to worry about the scoreboard.

I'd love to see improvement from Clippard, continued progress from Clemens, and another solid outing from Moose. Solid starting pitching builds on itself. Then you may see the team putting together some other long winning streaks, and stay away from prolonged losing streaks

NYIndian2005
06-14-07, 09:58 PM
sosh just tanked like the sox

yanksphan
06-14-07, 10:00 PM

sosh just tanked like the sox

:wtf:

Yankees79
06-14-07, 10:01 PM
can you listen to WEEI over the internet? like WFAN?

NYYDragoon
06-14-07, 10:02 PM
Are they really chanting "Yankees suck"? Fenway never ceases to surprise me. Silly, silly RSN.

I'm watching the Twins right now. Johan was brilliant, as usual, but Hudson is totally shutting their offense down. 2-0 Braves in the 7th.

LeapsNbounds
06-14-07, 10:03 PM

It is cerainly better than the 14.5 games back 15 days ago.

I have said since day 1 of the 2007 season, that the division will be won by the yanks or sox during the final two series of the year in late August and mid-september.

all this crap about what happens in April or May is just that, a load of crap.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:04 PM
Were I a Sox fan, I'd still not be scared yet. 7.5 games is comfortable -- I won't say it's a big lead, but it's a comfortable lead.

While there's still a lot of work to be done, making up 7 games in 2 weeks is nothing to downplay. Boston was on the cusp of running away with the division and the Yankees -- for now -- have roped them back in.

Yankees79
06-14-07, 10:05 PM
Are they really chanting "Yankees suck"? Fenway never ceases to surprise me. Silly, silly RSN.

I'm watching the Twins right now. Johan was brilliant, as usual, but Hudson is totally shutting their offense down. 2-0 Braves in the 7th.

if they are chanting.. it only means that they are concerned.. i bet they werent chanting a couple of weeks ago.

Bob Saccomano
06-14-07, 10:07 PM
I have never in my life felt so much heartfelt love for the Colorado Rockies as I do right now.

sujaan
06-14-07, 10:08 PM
Boston with 26 LOB . :eek: Drew with 7 by himself. Think it was a good move to bat him leadoff?

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:09 PM
Frankly, Gameday's programmers are stupid to total up individual LOB on the box score because it only confuses people. TEAM LOB is the stat you're looking for (Boston has 12).

NYYDragoon
06-14-07, 10:10 PM
What I want to know is how Gameday managed to do that whole release point/arrival angle thing. How is it even accurate?

NYIndian2005
06-14-07, 10:11 PM
I have never in my life felt so much heartfelt love for the Colorado Rockies as I do right now.

having said that lets hope they start sucking when we get to colorado

rca1230
06-14-07, 10:13 PM
Hopefully the Rockies do their best Angels impressions versus the Red Sox type performance

YASS
06-14-07, 10:14 PM
can you listen to WEEI over the internet? like WFAN?
Yes, but they black out the games. Or they would if they still had them. WRKO is the Sox flagship station this year.

YASS
06-14-07, 10:14 PM
Frankly, Gameday's programmers are stupid to total up individual LOB on the box score because it only confuses people. TEAM LOB is the stat you're looking for (Boston has 12).

That's plenty, thanks.

I think it is useful to see how many LOB each member of the lineup has, though. I do agree that totalling them is useless in the extreme.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:15 PM
That's plenty, thanks.
Better than 26. :)

YASS
06-14-07, 10:17 PM
Were I a Sox fan, I'd still not be scared yet. 7.5 games is comfortable -- I won't say it's a big lead, but it's a comfortable lead.

While there's still a lot of work to be done, making up 7 games in 2 weeks is nothing to downplay. Boston was on the cusp of running away with the division and the Yankees -- for now -- have roped them back in.

I think that's about right.

I'd call myself unhappy, but not scared.

If this keeps up for a while, though, I might begin to quiver a bit.

LeapsNbounds
06-14-07, 10:18 PM
having said that lets hope they start sucking when we get to colorado

One benefit I see is that we play in Colorado where the sox have to play in fenway. Against the rockies, home field advantage is not what it should be. Looking at the team splits pitching wise:

On the Road 6 out of 16 in the NL:

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>GP (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=gamesPlayed&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=wins&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=losses&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>ERA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=ERA&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>Sv (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=saves&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>CG (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=completeGames&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>SHO (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=shutouts&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>IP (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=thirdInnings&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>QS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=qualityStarts&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>ER (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=earnedRuns&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>R (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=runs&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>BB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=walks&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>SO (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=strikeouts&split=34&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>BAA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=opponentAvg&split=34&season=2007)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">32</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">16</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">16</TD><TD class=sortcell style="WIDTH: 35px">3.87</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">11</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">2</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">281.1</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">121</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">126</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">100</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">168</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">.256</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
At Home16 out of 16 in the NL:

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>GP (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=gamesPlayed&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>W (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=wins&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>L (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=losses&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>ERA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=ERA&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>Sv (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=saves&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>CG (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=completeGames&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>SHO (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=shutouts&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>IP (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=thirdInnings&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>QS (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=qualityStarts&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>ER (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=earnedRuns&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>R (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=runs&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>BB (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=walks&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>SO (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=strikeouts&split=33&season=2007)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px" noWrap>BAA (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8&seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=opponentAvg&split=33&season=2007)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">33</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">16</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">17</TD><TD class=sortcell style="WIDTH: 35px">5.10</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">7</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">305.0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px"> 173</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">185</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">101</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">183</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35px">.285</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

YankeePride1967
06-14-07, 10:19 PM
One thing to remember. The lead went from 14 1/2 Sox to 7 1/2 about as fast as it went the other way. The Yanks are playing now like Boston was 2-3 weeks ago and vice versa. The Yanks won't play this hot all year and the Sox won't be this cold all year either. There is still a lot to play. But obviously Yankee fans should feel a lot happier now than they did just 10 days ago.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:19 PM

That's fair. Boston still has a 7.5 game lead to show for their good play after all this.

Yankees79
06-14-07, 10:20 PM
Yes, but they black out the games. Or they would if they still had them. WRKO is the Sox flagship station this year.

Im listening now... their fans dont sound too happy

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:21 PM
The Sox aren't going down quietly.

YankeePride1967
06-14-07, 10:23 PM

I think even the most staunchest Sox fans would agree the Sox aren't 14 1/2 games better than the Yanks. But that being said 7 1/2 games is still a sizable lead and the Yanks will cool off and the Sox will heat up. It could drop to zero or it could go back up.

BonusCantos
Colorado 7, Boston 1

Final

The AL East lead is down to 7.5 games -- 7 in the loss column. Colorado takes 2 of 3 and is back to .500.

Looks a lot better than 14.5.

And on a side note, you've always gotta hand it to the fans that stay until the last out, even when your team is down 6 runs.

pleasepassthesoup

Nope. they had to go down the way they did all night.

Yankees79
06-14-07, 10:24 PM
a sox fan on WEEi is crying about the sox not getting Abreu last season:)

wexy
06-14-07, 10:24 PM
Lowell K's Game over. Rockies win. 7 1/2.

LeapsNbounds
06-14-07, 10:26 PM

But make no mistake, they are going down.

NYYDragoon
06-14-07, 10:27 PM
The Sox are 5-8 this month. They've lost 6 of their last 10. But, Steve Phillips said they aren't capable of slumping! This must be like one of those mysteries of life.

Also on the board, it's 15-7 Royals over the Cards in the 6th. Pretty rough for St. Louis.

Octoberbaby
06-14-07, 10:28 PM
Yay, Boston loses again! Thanks Rockies! And thanks Boston for giving us a chance to catch up! :D

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:28 PM
The Sox are 5-8 this month. They've lost 6 of their last 10. But, Steve Phillips said they aren't capable of slumping! This must be like one of those mysteries of life.

Also on the board, it's 15-7 Royals over the Cards in the 6th. Pretty rough for St. Louis.
The Cards really aren't that good. If they were in the AL, they'd be beyond done.

NYYDragoon
06-14-07, 10:30 PM
That team continues to baffle me. There was 2004, and they've never been the same since.

...Oh, wait. They're the reigning World Champs? How'd that happen?

cupcollector99
06-14-07, 10:30 PM
Colorado 7, Boston 1

Final

The AL East lead is down to 7.5 games -- 7 in the loss column. Colorado takes 2 of 3 and is back to .500.

Looks a lot better than 14.5.

And on a side note, you've always gotta hand it to the fans that stay until the last out, even when your team is down 6 runs.

I really like the ones that turn their hats inside out and backwards. Like JD Drew or Mike Lowell somehow have a cosmic connect to the fools in the stands and they will somehow be effected by the magic of a hat..

JeffWeaverFan
06-14-07, 10:33 PM
A great day for the Yankees all around.

NYYFAN5388
06-14-07, 10:35 PM
Thank You Rockies

TheBamTino24
06-14-07, 10:38 PM
Hard to believe that we have cut that deficit just about in half.

On Wednesday, May 29th we had just lost that 3-2 game in Toronto with Aaron Hill stealing home. We were 21-29 and 14.5 games back.

Just 2 weeks later and it's down to 7.5 and we have our best record (33-31) of the season.

That's why you never give up and those who project what the Yankees would have to do to gain ground the rest of the season should be taken with a grain of salt. In a sport where you play daily, those projections change in a hurry.

My goal was no more than 5-6 GB at the All-Star Break. Still is.

yanksphan
06-14-07, 10:42 PM
My goal was no more than 5-6 GB at the All-Star Break. Still is.

Johnny Nostradamon says we win the division if we're within 5-6 by the ASB

MichaelŪ
06-14-07, 10:46 PM
Sorry if this is out of place, but since tomorrow's game is not on the YES Network, does that mean it'll be blacked out to Direct TV customers?

spyglass
06-14-07, 10:47 PM
Johnny Nostradamon says we win the division if we're within 5-6 by the ASB
They way we've been playing lately, it's hard not to believe him.

Twins come back with 3 in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Braves and Bob Wickman (while we're scoreboard watching).

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:49 PM
They way we've been playing lately, it's hard not to believe him.

Twins come back with 3 in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Braves and Bob Wickman (while we're scoreboard watching).
That puts the Phils at solo 2nd.

If the Mets continue to melt, they'll be in first by this time next week.

NYYDragoon
Oh GOD Twins. WHAT A PRETTY COMEBACK. Johan avoids getting the loss!

That was beautiful. Simply beautiful.

YASS
a sox fan on WEEi is crying about the sox not getting Abreu last season:)

Oh, Jeez, we heard a LOT of that in the second half last year, and they had an argument worth making ... but for cryin' out loud. That milk has been spilled, cleaned up, and painted over. Ask them to give it up already, willya?

P.S.: I also hear that we should have kept that Ruth fella. Did they mention him?

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 10:52 PM
That team continues to baffle me. There was 2004, and they've never been the same since.

...Oh, wait. They're the reigning World Champs? How'd that happen?
2004 was the year they should have won, and they had no business being in the postseason in 2006. So what do they do? They choke in 2004 and plow over superior competition in 2006. You can't predict baseball.

This year, they don't look so lucky.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 11:02 PM
The AL East
<table class="dataTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="trA" valign="top"><td>Boston</td> <td>41</td> <td>24</td> <td>.631</td> <td>-</td> </tr> <tr class="trB" valign="top"> <td>NY Yankees</td> <td>33</td> <td>31</td> <td>.516</td> <td>7.5</td> </tr> <tr class="trA" valign="top"> <td>Toronto</td> <td>31</td> <td>34</td> <td>.477</td> <td>10.0</td> </tr> <tr class="trB" valign="top"> <td>Tampa Bay</td> <td>29</td> <td>35</td> <td>.453</td> <td>11.5</td> </tr> <tr class="trA" valign="top"> <td>Baltimore</td> <td>29</td> <td>37</td> <td>.439</td> <td>12.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

YASS
06-14-07, 11:07 PM
Sorry if this is out of place, but since tomorrow's game is not on the YES Network, does that mean it'll be blacked out to Direct TV customers?

Not necessarily. It could mean you're getting the Mets feed, no?

RIYankee23
06-14-07, 11:32 PM

Good question. I have similar worries myself:

I don't see Friday's game listed on MLB Extra Innings for cable.

Does anyone know if the game will be on MLB tv?

Thanks.

NYYStateofMind21355
06-14-07, 11:34 PM
Good question. I have similar worries myself:

I don't see Friday's game listed on MLB Extra Innings for cable.

Does anyone know if the game will be on MLB tv?

Thanks.

I think it will be on My9, in which case, it will definitely be carried by MLB.TV.

RIYankee23
06-14-07, 11:35 PM
I think it will be on My9, in which case, it will definitely be carried by MLB.TV.

Thank you,

there's no way I can handle Clemens' start not being televised for the out of market for the 2nd time in a row. :eek:

NYYStateofMind21355
06-14-07, 11:38 PM
Thank you,

there's no way I can handle Clemens' start not being televised for the out of market for the 2nd time in a row. :eek:

I know. That was criminal.

RIYankee23
06-14-07, 11:39 PM
I know. That was criminal.

I sent a pretty nasty email to mlb.com telling them to burn in hell for agreeing to that BS blackout agreement with Fox.

JHHALL1
06-14-07, 11:40 PM
anybody still think it can't happen....all i am going to say

NYYStateofMind21355
06-14-07, 11:42 PM
I sent a pretty nasty email to mlb.com telling them to burn in hell for agreeing to that BS blackout agreement with Fox.

Right on! :2thumbs: Of course those greedy SOBs will never change, but they really deserve negative feedback for not honoring the fans.

RIYankee23
06-14-07, 11:44 PM
I never counted this team out. I even said in the game thread when times were bleak, that the Yankees WILL WIN the AL East this year! ;)

NewEraYanks2527
06-14-07, 11:52 PM
I never counted this team out. I even said in the game thread when times were bleak, that the Yankees WILL WIN the AL East this year! ;)

We arn't there yet, this series this weekend is bigger than we probably all think. The Mets are limping in but it is just the matchup to get them fired up. The Yanks have to keep doing what they are doing and go right after them and hopefully take 2 out of 3 this weekend. But in the spirit of optimisim and the streak, the Yankees most certainly are not dead.

BonusCantos
06-14-07, 11:58 PM
We arn't there yet, this series this weekend is bigger than we probably all think. The Mets are limping in but it is just the matchup to get them fired up. The Yanks have to keep doing what they are doing and go right after them and hopefully take 2 out of 3 this weekend. But in the spirit of optimisim and the streak, the Yankees most certainly are not dead.
Willie will have them ready to play, though they've looked awful, but I vote for "beat the crap out of them."

WebsterMulligan
06-15-07, 12:00 AM

The Yankees need to stomp them into the ground, while they are down.
Two out of three? I want a sweep!!!

Anyone know the pitching matchups?

BonusCantos
06-15-07, 12:04 AM

Hoy: Perez/Clemens
Maņana: Glavine/Clippard
Domingo: El Duque/Wang

DJ27
06-15-07, 12:05 AM

I would gladly take 2 of 3.

StatenIslandYankee
06-15-07, 12:17 AM
Need 2/3. I feel out best shots are tomorrow and Sunday.

BroadwayBomber55
06-15-07, 12:21 AM

That's right.

Even though the Mets are struggling, they're still one of the favorites to win the NL Pennant.

It's very important for the Yankees to keep winning ballgames and continue to gain momentum in the standings whether it's the AL East division or the Wild Card.

Squid
06-15-07, 12:21 AM
I'm going to all three games vs the Mets, and I have a strange thing to say: I almost don't want to cheer and make noise, especially tonight with Clemens pitching.

As noted above, the Mets right now are a talented team playing terribly and listlessly (just like the Yankees were until very recently). The last thing I want is some kind of nail-biting rivalry thriller to get the Mets focused. I also don't want to see any kind of carryover bad blood from the Clemens-Piazza incidents, for the same reason.

Actually, there's even another reason: any high-emotion game tends to be bad for Roger, because he gets too hyped up. He's making only his second big-league start this year, so I hope he stays on the rails.

Bob Saccomano
06-15-07, 01:38 AM
The Cards really aren't that good. If they were in the AL, they'd be beyond done.

The Cards are awful. In fact, as poor as they've been playing, their XW-L is 24-39 (actual: 28-35). Kip Wells took his 11th loss of the season. It's a team without a #1 or #2. Their best pitchers are maybe #3 types.

Rocketman
06-15-07, 02:02 AM
I counted this team out. If the Yankees win the East, it won't be because I was predicting them all the way!

PROVE ME WRONG!

stupidpunchline
06-15-07, 02:13 AM
Friday

Red Sox (Tavarez) vs Giants (Zito)
Angels (E.Santana) at Dodgers (Lowe)
Indians (Sabathia) vs Braves (Carlyle)
Tigers (Bonderman) at Phillies (Lieber)
Mariners (Hernandez) at Astros (Rodriguez)
Athletics (Haren) vs Cardinals (Looper)
Twins (Baker) vs Brewers (Vargas)

Octoberbaby
06-15-07, 02:36 AM
Thank you,

I am really bummed! It looks like EIs will not be televising it. I don't see it listed either.Why? I have heard others have gotten to see MY9 games on EI. I missed the start for Clemens and now can't believe I will miss him again. Then Saturday's game will not be on EI either, that is two days in a row of no game for me and just when the team is really hot. This and I still have to pay for the EIs package whether I get to see these games or not! :mad: :(

hdb
06-15-07, 02:42 AM
Buy a FTA receiver. That will get you the games on MY9.

NYDCYankee
06-15-07, 07:01 AM
WEEI is great to listen too right now.

Sam18
06-15-07, 07:10 AM

What are they saying?

RhodyYanksFan
06-15-07, 07:30 AM

:lol: Are they cursing themselves?

Toaderly
06-15-07, 07:44 AM
I sense RSN getting a little nervous. They're debating 1978 over at SoSH.

NYDCYankee
06-15-07, 07:55 AM
What are they saying?

Well the hosts are being level headed but realistic.

Some fans are allready packing it in.

Sam18
06-15-07, 07:57 AM
Well the hosts are being level headed but realistic.

Some fans are allready packing it in.

Heh I bet their GTs are still better than ours.

NYDCYankee
06-15-07, 08:02 AM
There are quite a few posters there nervous about seeing Zito, Cain and Morris this weekend.

BonusCantos
06-15-07, 08:53 AM
There are quite a few posters there nervous about seeing Zito, Cain and Morris this weekend.
Well, if the Giants are going to do anything this weekend, it's better they throw those 3 out there.

Anyone got a scouting report on them besides the fact that they're a last-place team?

CommerceComet
06-15-07, 09:37 AM
The Cards are awful. In fact, as poor as they've been playing, their XW-L is 24-39 (actual: 28-35). Kip Wells took his 11th loss of the season. It's a team without a #1 or #2. Their best pitchers are maybe #3 types.I wasn't convinced that the Cards were that good last year either. They just got hot at the right time.

Metroidman
06-15-07, 09:39 AM
Lets make it a 4.5 game lead after the Mets series

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-15-07, 09:43 AM

I'm only scared of Cain.

yankswn23
06-15-07, 09:46 AM
hey Boston...

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_NYY_mirror_bdd_6.14.07.jpg

FingersCrossed
06-15-07, 09:48 AM
^^^Brilliant! :lol:

BonusCantos
06-15-07, 09:53 AM
FYI, Colorado outscored Boston 20-5 in the past series. Unfortunately, it would have taken 22 to sweep.

Also, someone on the Rockies board said it and I can't vouch for the poster's credibility, but apparently it was the first time in 4 years an NL team won a series at Fenway.

As our resident Sox fans have pointed out, they're slumping right now. San Fran taking 2 out of 3 would be nice.

BonusCantos
06-15-07, 02:32 PM
Tonight, during the Yankees game with NY's 2nd team, we've got San Francisco at Boston.

Zito at Fenway: 2-2, 31 IP, 36 H, 16 ER, 13 BB, 24 K, 4.65 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, .288 BAA

Most of Tavarez' stats are as a reliever, so they're not really worth posting.

keg411
06-15-07, 04:41 PM
The Cards are awful. In fact, as poor as they've been playing, their XW-L is 24-39 (actual: 28-35). Kip Wells took his 11th loss of the season. It's a team without a #1 or #2. Their best pitchers are maybe #3 types.

Hasn't Braden Looper been their best starter? Poor Cards :(. The pitching matchups vs. Oakland should be interesting and is a "game to watch" on the scoreboard. Go Cards!

Other games of note in terms of WC standings:
Atlanta at Cleveland
Detroit at Philly
Seattle at Houston
Milwaukee at Minnesota

NYYDragoon
06-15-07, 05:13 PM
Tonight, during the Yankees game with NY's 2nd team, we've got San Francisco at Boston.

As much as I want Boston to lose, they sure as hell better not do it on a HR to Barry Bonds. In fact, they better not give up a HR to him period.

I'm holding you accountable for this, RSN.

sweet_lou_14
06-15-07, 05:23 PM
As much as I want Boston to lose, they sure as hell better not do it on a HR to Barry Bonds. In fact, they better not give up a HR to him period.

Are you kidding? I hope Bonds hits 5 homers this weekend and they sweep.

The fact that I also wish Bonds' head explodes in a cloud of HGH right after the series is over is another matter entirely.

YankeePride1967
06-15-07, 05:24 PM

We have to come to the realization that he's going to break the record. Might as well make some use of the homers.

susieb8020
06-15-07, 05:30 PM
We have to come to the realization that he's going to break the record. Might as well make some use of the homers.

But the more homers he hits in Boston, the more likely it becomes that he could tie/break the record against Yankee pitching. I don't want any of our pitchers to forever go down as the guy who gave up 755 or 756. Now if he could somehow hit 9 in the next 3 games....

NYYDragoon
06-15-07, 05:33 PM
The fact that I also wish Bonds' head explodes in a cloud of HGH right after the series is over is another matter entirely.
Ok. I'll let him hit a few if that happens ;).

Of course I'm kidding guys...the Red Sox losing will always be good. But I'd also like to see Bonds held HRless until he develops some strange ailment that prevents him from swinging a bat ever again (but I digress).

False1
06-15-07, 05:33 PM
Are you kidding? I hope Bonds hits 5 homers this weekend and they sweep.

The fact that I also wish Bonds' head explodes in a cloud of HGH right after the series is over is another matter entirely.I vote for having his head explode in a cloud of HGH right after the series while standing next to a vulnerable Manny Ramirez and Curt Schilling.

Paiglee
06-15-07, 07:33 PM
Since this seems to be the only place where Sox in game has been allowed -- what happened to Ortiz??

Just came in from kids' softball.

nhyankeefan
06-15-07, 08:21 PM
Since this seems to be the only place where Sox in game has been allowed -- what happened to Ortiz??

Just came in from kids' softball.

He threw his helmet arguing a called third strike.

Mark19
06-15-07, 08:33 PM
Wow, the Giants have to feel stupid. $118 million for a marginal starter like Zito.

Paiglee
06-15-07, 09:16 PM
He threw his helmet arguing a called third strike.

Thank you.:)

BonusCantos
06-15-07, 10:11 PM
Back to 8 games in the loss column in the East. Bad night for the Yankees.

NYIndian2005
06-15-07, 10:14 PM
Detroit is winning big as well. Although Seattle and the Twins are losing. Gains made against Redsux and Tigers yesterday were wiped out today.

Sheffield
06-16-07, 05:30 PM
Are the SF giants just a group of minor leaguers + Bonds? How is this lineup supposed to score...

Sheffield
06-16-07, 05:38 PM
Detroit is winning big as well. Although Seattle and the Twins are losing. Gains made against Redsux and Tigers yesterday were wiped out today.

I don't know about you guys, but being this early in the season (yes, it's still early), I'm not concerned with watching any other score than Boston's. Boston loses, I'm a happy camper... Detroit, Cleveland, and the entire rest of the American League... fuhgedaboutit! Let's take the east...

teknetic
06-16-07, 05:41 PM
Giants "offense" is putrid, Dice just might shut them out.

jimmykey2
06-16-07, 05:42 PM
Giants "offense" is putrid, Dice just might shut them out.

What?

You don't trust Nate Shierholtz in a big spot?

You don't know who he is?

jeterismyhomeboy
06-16-07, 05:44 PM
The Giants have an offense? What?

Edit: Nevermind. Bases loaded on the HBP. I still bet they won't get a run though.

teknetic
06-16-07, 05:44 PM
What?

You don't trust Nate Shierholtz in a big spot?

You don't know who he is?

Plunked

jimmykey2
06-16-07, 05:45 PM
Plunked

I have EI... that's his best AB since he got called up.

Aurilia is completely shot.

CanoForPresident
06-16-07, 05:45 PM
LOL did albert just call him Rice K?

rca1230
06-16-07, 05:47 PM
aurilla is awful

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 05:48 PM
San Francisco 0
Boston 1

Mid 6th

jimmykey2
Did ANYONE have any confidence in Aurilia there?

teknetic
That was a sketchy call, you're not very good Rich.

rca1230
and aurilla gets punched out on a pitch at his ankles

i love it

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 05:49 PM
Whomever on this board said the Giants offense is terrible wasn't kidding.

That might have been their shot.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:04 PM
San Francisco 0
Boston 1

Stretch

rca1230
06-16-07, 06:05 PM
Matsuzuka is getting the Greg Maddux strikezone today

Bernie Inferno
06-16-07, 06:07 PM
Sabean is a genius for putting this team together...

metalboy15
06-16-07, 06:09 PM
Matsuzuka is getting the Greg Maddux strikezone today
Yeah that last pitch to Roberts for the strikeout was not a strike :o...

EDIT: btw how is it possible that Matt Cain, with a 3.15 ERA, is only 2-6 W-L for the year... ridiculous...

Big Game Andy
06-16-07, 06:11 PM
Matt Cain is a beast. Good job Matt.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:11 PM
San Francisco offensive ranks (coming into today):

26th in runs
26th in hits
25th in HRs
24th in BA
24th in OBP
25th in OPS
25th in XBH

At least they're consistent.

YASS
06-16-07, 06:13 PM
San Francisco offensive ranks (coming into today):

26th in runs
26th in hits
25th in HRs
24th in BA
24th in OBP
25th in OPS
25th in XBH

At least they're consistent.

Wow. I knew they were bad, but I didn't realize just how bad. I'm sure there are several AAA teams with more firepower.

rca1230
06-16-07, 06:13 PM
i'm shocked there are 5 teams worse than them

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:16 PM
Wow. I knew they were bad, but I didn't realize just how bad. I'm sure there are several AAA teams with more firepower. They've got some nice starting pitching but a terrible offense. So in other words, they're basically the White Sox of the NL.

teknetic
06-16-07, 06:20 PM
Okajima has such a terrible delivery :barf:

2 on 0 outs..they're gonna screw up again.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:20 PM
Barry* vs. Okajima in the exact same offensive situation as the 6th inning.

And Barry* takes 3 strikes.

nnysiny
06-16-07, 06:24 PM
wow, Bonds took strikes 2 and 3 right down the middle in the biggest at bat of the game

Big Game Andy
06-16-07, 06:26 PM
Is there a more luckier pitcher in the MLB than Okajima?

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:30 PM
The Yankees better sweep these losers next week. They can't hit to save their lives.

San Francisco 0
Boston 1

Mid 8th

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:32 PM
Is there a more luckier pitcher in the MLB than Okajima?

The guy is extremely overrated, next year or later this year when the AL has got a good look at him he will be torched.

Big Game Andy
06-16-07, 06:32 PM
Okajima coming back to Earth in the second half will be fun.

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:33 PM
Okajima coming back to Earth in the second half will be fun.

Indeed.

Haywood2K6
06-16-07, 06:36 PM
The guy is extremely overrated, next year or later this year when the AL has got a good look at him he will be torched.

How can he be overrated when no one had him rated coming into the season? :dunno:

WeekendWarrior
06-16-07, 06:39 PM
His extremely hot start made people rate his ability and talent a lot higher than it actually is... hence overrated

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-16-07, 06:39 PM
How can he be overrated when no one had him rated coming into the season? :dunno:

Well he has gained a lot of recognition since he started pitching way over his head.

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:40 PM
His extremely hot start made people rate his ability and talent a lot higher than it actually is... hence overrated

Thank you.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:40 PM
Over/under number of pitches thrown by Papelbon to get the save: 10

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:41 PM

It only takes 9 pitches to strike out the side so under.

Seriously, I have a hard time remembering a team with such an inept offensive as this Giants team.

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-16-07, 06:42 PM

over im going with 12

YASS

I always take the over. Papelbon is not an economical pitcher.

Kluivert4Ever
BTW, BonusCantos, thanks for the updates in this thread.

BonusCantos
Oh great, more Fox for us next week.

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:43 PM
I always take the over. Papelbon is not an economical pitcher.

Seriously, have you ever been this secure of a win in a 1 run ballgame as you are now heading to the 9th?

I mean, there is just no chance of the Giants scoring a run here, NONE.

BonusCantos
BTW, BonusCantos, thanks for the updates in this thread. :Bows:

YanksFan1992
over im going with 12

Im going with neither over nor under

Im saying he doesn't get the save:)

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:44 PM
Well that's 1.

YanksFan1992
1 down...

Come on Giants!

Kluivert4Ever
Im going with neither over nor under

Im saying he doesn't get the save:)

Thats bold, I mean if you would be betting man you would actually lose money on Papelbon getting the save here.

JeterRodriguezSheff
lol, i think i made a bad call

YanksFan1992
06-16-07, 06:46 PM
2 down I was hopeful there for a second

Sweeney coming up

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:47 PM
The Giants had there chance in the 8th against Okajima, Papelbon is way out of their league.

Kluivert4Ever
06-16-07, 06:47 PM
A .175 Ph.

THEBOSS84
06-16-07, 06:48 PM
Boy am I excited to play the Giants next week. You gotta check out their lineup....disgusting.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 06:49 PM
San Francisco 0
Boston 1

FINAL

First time in 44 years that games at Wrigley and Fenway have finished with a 1-0 score on the same day.

Welcome to the AL, Los Gigantes.

YanksFan1992
06-16-07, 06:49 PM
Game.

Red Sox win

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-16-07, 06:50 PM
I was off by 1

Metroidman
06-16-07, 06:58 PM
lol the Giants have 1 hitter with an OPS over .800

His name is Barry Bonds

Their lineup blows. Matt cain in 2 starts 18IP, 2ER

Both losses

teknetic
06-16-07, 06:58 PM
Cain is now 2-7 with a an era under 3.20, disturbing.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 07:02 PM
And only 1 NL team (STL) has a worse win percentage in interleague play this season.

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 07:45 PM
I may have miscounted, but at the current moment, the AL is 81-64 in interleague (including all games played through this point today).

Edit: Nope, I didn't.

AlbanyColonieYankee
06-16-07, 07:52 PM
Cain is now 2-7 with a an era under 3.20, disturbing.

That is harsh. What in the world was the point of spending all of that money on Barry Zito (not that he has been that great) when you have absolutely no offense to back it up?

NYIndian2005
06-16-07, 08:41 PM
This could still turn out to be a good day for the yanks in the wildcard. Detroit, Minnesota, Seattle all losing.

BroadwayBomber55
06-16-07, 09:00 PM
That is harsh. What in the world was the point of spending all of that money on Barry Zito (not that he has been that great) when you have absolutely no offense to back it up?

Good thing the Yankees didn't spend that money on Barry Zito.

The Giants offense is anemic.

BroadwayBomber55
06-16-07, 09:05 PM
Boy am I excited to play the Giants next week. You gotta check out their lineup....disgusting.

Their front office is so concerned about the debt at AT&T Park that they need Barry Bonds in a Giant uniform.

I'm also excited to see the Yankees play the Giants in SF this season. My friend who is a die-hard Giants fan and I told her about the series and she said, "Well, that's three easy win for the Giants." I just smiled, turned the other cheek, and walked away. I also whispered to myself, "over my dead body."

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 09:07 PM
Good thing the Yankees didn't spend that money on Barry Zito.

The Giants offense is anemic.
Got that right. A few pages back I posted SF's offensive stats...coming into today, they were 24th to 26th in the league in every single major offensive stat (at least the ones I considered major).

Frankly, if the pitching is on, there's no reason the Giants should even sniff 1 out of 3 next weekend.

NZ NYY Fan
06-16-07, 10:07 PM
And the phillies win. Detroit go down.

Gaining a game in the wild card race is always helpful.

njdhockey
06-16-07, 10:09 PM
And the phillies win. Detroit go down.

Gaining a game in the wild card race is always helpful.
How many games back are the Yankees in the wild card now?

hellonewman
06-16-07, 10:16 PM
How many games back are the Yankees in the wild card now?3 1/2

BonusCantos
06-16-07, 11:16 PM
The AL East
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Boston</td><td>43</td><td>24</td><td>.642</td><td width="5%">-</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td>Won 2</td><td>6-4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">NY Yankees</td><td>34</td><td>32</td><td>.515</td><td width="5%">8.5</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td>Won 1</td><td>9-1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Toronto</td><td>33</td><td>34</td><td>.493</td><td width="5%">10</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td>Won 3</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Tampa Bay</td><td>29</td><td>37</td><td>.439</td><td width="5%">13.5</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td>Lost 4</td><td>5-5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Baltimore</td><td>29</td><td>39</td><td>.426</td><td width="5%">14.5</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td width="5%">
</td><td>Lost 7</td><td>2-8</td></tr></tbody></table>

Octoberbaby
06-16-07, 11:18 PM
I'm tired of the Red Sox winning by one run. That has to change to then losing by one run, at least!

danman1202
06-16-07, 11:18 PM
3 1/2

So close...I can see the needle sticking out of Shef.

NZ NYY Fan
06-16-07, 11:36 PM
I'm tired of the Red Sox winning by one run. That has to change to then losing by one run, at least!

they are 12-6 in one run games.
We are 4-10.

Ouch. we do have a lot of blow-out wins however

LittlePuckBoy
06-16-07, 11:56 PM
3.5 games back in the wild card
8.5 games back in the Al East

LittlePuckBoy
06-16-07, 11:57 PM
they are 12-6 in one run games.
We are 4-10.

Ouch. we do have a lot of blow-out wins however
I am still waiting for the good, old 100 - 0 win

sweet_lou_14
06-17-07, 12:25 AM
With Oakland headed for a loss, the Yankees gained on every other major WC contender today (Detroit, Seattle, Oakland, Minnesota). I'd trade all of that for gaining a game in the division, but it's something.

I won't be surprised if the Yankees have the second- or third-best record in the AL by the end of July. After that, who knows.

hellonewman
06-17-07, 12:31 AM
With Oakland headed for a loss, the Yankees gained on every other major WC contender today (Detroit, Seattle, Oakland, Minnesota).They also gained on Cleveland, a potential wild-card foe if Detroit gets hot.

BonusCantos
06-17-07, 12:38 AM
With Oakland headed for a loss, the Yankees gained on every other major WC contender today (Detroit, Seattle, Oakland, Minnesota). I'd trade all of that for gaining a game in the division, but it's something.
So would I.

YanksFan1992
06-17-07, 01:11 AM
I am still waiting for the good, old 100 - 0 win

Hey man sorry for the unrelated question:( but how did you get your userbars to go like that with different ones changing every few seconds?

Thanks