PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

b-ball-lunachick
08-27-07, 11:45 AM
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the Sox schedule. If you want to complain about the schedule, complain about the fact that tonight's game is being played at 7:00 instead of being a 1:00 "getaway day" start time. That's where you can fairly say the Yankees are getting a bad break.

The Yankees should be used to not getting get-away days by now - Jorge's been upset about it for years...

however, I do think the schedule is unfair in that the the Yankees had an additional west coast trip this year than the Red Sox -- that's the first year I remember that happening...the schedule this year and how it was constructed was ridiculous..I wish they went back to that mom/pop couple that did it...

b-ball-lunachick
08-27-07, 11:47 AM
It's that way for the Red Sox as well. Gammons said that both the Sox and Yankees get fewer getaway day games than the other teams.

It's more recent though for the Red Sox in the past few years but it is that way for both teams now..

Workhorse
08-27-07, 12:49 PM
The Yankees should be used to not getting get-away days by now - Jorge's been upset about it for years...

however, I do think the schedule is unfair in that the the Yankees had an additional west coast trip this year than the Red Sox -- that's the first year I remember that happening...the schedule this year and how it was constructed was ridiculous..I wish they went back to that mom/pop couple that did it...

That was kind of odd. The Yankees seemed to have West Coast/Midwest trips vs. the Sox who had pure west coast trips. Even though the Sox had one fewer west coast swing, the schedule makers did them no favors by giving them two WC runs in a two week span in June.

NavyTim
08-27-07, 12:59 PM
West coast, road-trips, home more than not, away... - bottom line; 162 games.

NYY VS. BAL (4-8); TAM (7-5); LAA (3-6); CHI (6-4)

BOS VS. BAL (7-4); TAM (9-3); LAA (6-4); CHI (7-1)

The numbers don't look good no matter when, where, etc. Might have a great record after the AS Break, of Jun 1, etc. But the first two months are used for the record as well. The beginning of the season was devastating.

b-ball-lunachick
08-27-07, 01:22 PM
That was kind of odd. The Yankees seemed to have West Coast/Midwest trips vs. the Sox who had pure west coast trips. Even though the Sox had one fewer west coast swing, the schedule makers did them no favors by giving them two WC runs in a two week span in June.

I know, right? they had us going out west for 2 or 3 games which is why we had the extra trip...I know that stretch was bad for you guys which was dumb...consider our schedule for early may:

5/1-5/3 - away vs texas (wound up being DH)
no offday
5/4-5/7 home vs seattle
no offday
5/8-5/10 home vs texas
no offday
5/11-5/13 away vs seattle
off day on 5/14
5/15-5/17 away vs chicago
no offday
away vs mets and then home vs boston w/o offdays

seriously - the schedules have been worse for both teams since they started doing it by computer without the mom/pop duo...but this year was especially bad...

cupcollector99
08-27-07, 01:39 PM
How much of an advantage will it be that the Red Sox are already in NY and have been since about 8pm last night. Off day today relaxing and getting ready for the Yankees while NY is playing in Detroit. With the 7pm start tonight figure the game should be done by about 10ish, meaning the Yankees wouldn't realisitically get back to NY until after 1am. By the time the get home they are looking at a 2am-3am. Extra inning or a long game that it is even later. But I am sure Pettitte is alreday back in NY.

Not to complain because over the course of the season every team has travel issues to deal with, earlier this season Boston played a Sunday night ESPN game at Fenway then had a game the next night in Oakland but at this time of year the fact that Boston is chilling out in NY while the Yankees play 700 miles away has to be an advantage in some aspect. This series really worries me, Boston had an easy time with Chicago, their bullpen is well rested and they have gotten hot at the plate. I am just happy Mussina is going tonight and not tomorrow.

- begin sarcastic frustration vent-

Boston, fresh off an ankle grabbing performance by the Angels, has had a seven day vacation, spending the first three days on the coast of Florida and moving to the windy city for a few more days of rest and relaxation with a few scrimmages thrown in. The Yankees on the other hand have played first place teams over the past ten days return to play the team with the best record in baseball just off of a vacation.

The schedulers didn't plan it out this way but it's been a cruddy deal for the Yanks.
Everyone's schedule is 162 games and the Yanks have to play the teams on that schedule and win. Boston has had stretches like this too, so it's not an excuse but it would have been nice if the Yankees had 19 games against one last place team in the second half of the season.

- sarcastic frustration vent complete-

montrealer
08-27-07, 04:08 PM

Boston, fresh off an ankle grabbing performance by the Angels, has had a seven day vacation, spending the first three days on the coast of Florida and moving to the windy city for a few more days of rest and relaxation with a few scrimmages thrown in. The Yankees on the other hand have played first place teams over the past ten days return to play the team with the best record in baseball just off of a vacation.

The schedulers didn't plan it out this way but it's been a cruddy deal for the Yanks.
Everyone's schedule is 162 games and the Yanks have to play the teams on that schedule and win. Boston has had stretches like this too, so it's not an excuse but it would have been nice if the Yankees had 19 games against one last place team in the second half of the season.

July`s schedule was peaches and cream for the Yanks........so I can`t complain.

susieb8020
08-27-07, 04:57 PM
It appears the White Sox have not completely forgotten how to play baseball beating the Rays 5-4 today. Thanks Chicago. That's one less game we have to worry about Tampa.

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 04:59 PM
thanks chicago, I can now rest easily tonight after the triumphant victory of those fighting devil rays.

iWant27
08-27-07, 05:06 PM
The sox , white or red , are full of bad odour , sweat and dirt .

girardi08
08-27-07, 05:06 PM
if we win the wildcard and the angels win the al west, does that mean we have to face the angels in the alds? :(

umpsrconferring
08-27-07, 05:11 PM
if we win the wildcard and the angels win the al west, does that mean we have to face the angels in the alds? :(

Yes, assuming they have a better record than the AL Central Champion. Series would start in LAAAA, just like in 2005.

parkerstrong
08-27-07, 05:12 PM

Unless Det or Cle can somehow finish with a better record than the Angels.

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 05:52 PM
Angels-Mariners tonight.

Game4Tino
08-27-07, 05:55 PM

Valid rant. The schedule makers did however, know that the DRays would be terrible, again. Consipiracy????

Me
08-27-07, 06:13 PM
Hopefully, the Sox will be out again tonight enjoying the night life in NYC and they don't have a curfew. :evil:

LuisTiant
08-27-07, 06:23 PM
Valid rant. The schedule makers did however, know that the DRays would be terrible, again. Consipiracy????

I hate this "blame the schedule" crap. Everyone knew TB would be terrible and both we and they get to play them 18 times.

Problem: we're 7-5 and they're 9-3.

We played Chicago 10 times.
We went 6-4.
They played them only 8 times.
And went 7-1.

Let me take it a step further.
Let's call BOS, NYY, TOR, CLE, DET, MIN, LAA, SEA, ATL, ARI, NYM, COL, and SD "contenders." (These are all the teams on BOS/NYY's schedule that are >.500).

vs. "contenders":
NYY: 38-33 (.535)
BOS: 43-32 (.573)
Red Sox are 3.0 games better.

vs. all others:
NYY: 34-25 (.576)
BOS: 37-19 (.661)
Red Sox are 4.5 games better.

Bottom line: they've taken care of business and we haven't.

cupcollector99
08-27-07, 06:36 PM
I hate this "blame the schedule" crap. Everyone knew TB would be terrible and both we and they get to play them 18 times.

Problem: we're 7-5 and they're 9-3.

We played Chicago 10 times.
We went 6-4.
They played them only 8 times.
And went 7-1.

Let me take it a step further.
Let's call BOS, NYY, TOR, CLE, DET, MIN, LAA, SEA, ATL, ARI, NYM, COL, and SD "contenders." (These are all the teams on BOS/NYY's schedule that are >.500).

vs. "contenders":
NYY: 38-33 (.535)
BOS: 43-32 (.573)
Red Sox are 3.0 games better.

vs. all others:
NYY: 34-25 (.576)
BOS: 37-19 (.661)
Red Sox are 4.5 games better.

Bottom line: they've taken care of business and we haven't.

This is a very telling set ot data. The Yankees are 7.5 games back because they haven't played well, period. It's not a conspiracy of the schedulers, ESPN/TBS/Selig and Co.. It's a simple fact that they stunk the place up in April, May and June.

That harsh reality being stated, I'll still rant because it makes me feel better. ;)

montrealer
08-27-07, 06:40 PM
So now we blame our situation on Schedule?...........Torre...?.......Umpires?........Bad Pitching?.........Poor early year Defense?........No Clutch hitting?..............Injuries?..........How bout for once we blame this $200 million team of players accountable or is that just not right.

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 06:41 PM
So now we blame our situation on Schedule?...........Torre...?.......Umpires?........Bad Pitching?.........Poor early year Defense?........No Clutch hitting?..............Injuries?..........How bout for once we blame this $200 million team of players accountable or is that just not right.

I blame the poorly played early year on the $200M players if I'm allowed 2 choices.

montrealer
08-27-07, 06:45 PM
I blame the poorly played early year on the $200M players if I'm allowed 2 choices.

Nope....you`re not allowed......:P

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 06:46 PM
Ugh. I'm telling.

iWant27
08-27-07, 07:17 PM

Its not just about blaming or anything . But its the fact that BooSox always seems to have an easier schedule when it comes to get away days and days off . Last year when yankees went to boston in august ( boston massacre ) , BooSox had a day off and they were hosting . Yankees had to play a game against Baltimore and then leave for boston to play BooSox . I mean the home team last year was having day off and visiting had to play on a get away day . But this year home team Yankees have to play on a get away but BooSox , the visiting team has a day off .
I know it may sound like a silly excuse , but this is not the first MLB has screwed yankees when it comes to scheduling .
I hate red sox as any yankees fan , but even a neutral fan can tell sometimes the favours boston gets . And please even red sox fans know how media always treat them like a poor innocent baseball team ( david ) against the evil , rich yankees ( Goliath ) .
Anyways I just wanted to rant a little .
To f*** with BooSox . Sc*** them By the way BoSox sounds like pottysox .

2JAY
08-27-07, 08:31 PM
The Yankees are really starting to show some serious signs that they are going to allow the post season slip away this year. This road-trip is turning out to be a killer.

nyyfan11111
08-27-07, 08:33 PM
Shut down this thread.....If the Yankees cant win, it doesnt matter how anybody else does

jwyshner
08-27-07, 08:45 PM
Its not just about blaming or anything . But its the fact that BooSox always seems to have an easier schedule when it comes to get away days and days off .

2007 - The Sox have an off day before a Yankees series 3 times. The Yanks had one.

2006 - The Sox had an off day before a Yankkes series twice. The Yanks had one.

Definitely a noticeable advantage this year. I do think the Yanks and Red Sox both suffer with get-away-day schedules throughout the year. I'm sure someone knows better than I do, but I think there is some ability for the home team to insist on night games, and most teams push for the night games against Boston and New York because of the bigger home crowds. I didn't look it up, but I think Toronto is notorious.

ESPN is also a culprit to both teams. Sox did play a Sunday night ESPN game against the Yanks and play in Oakland the next day. Again, the Sox and Yankees get the shaft on Sunday get-aways because ESPN chooses them so much.

MassNYYfan
08-27-07, 09:23 PM
Sucks having to pray the Mariners lose every night just so we can stay within shouting distance. :mad:

nycdoc999
08-27-07, 10:11 PM
THankfully, the road trip is finished.

Let's go Angels!!

NYDCYankee
08-27-07, 10:38 PM
1-0 LAAAAA

Everyone slip into your John Lackey t-shirts.

ppa79
08-27-07, 10:45 PM
Lets go Angels

NYDCYankee
08-27-07, 10:52 PM
Wow, that was a close call.

NYDCYankee
08-27-07, 10:52 PM
Bases juiced for Garrett.

NYDCYankee
08-27-07, 10:55 PM
2 run double. 3-0

NYDCYankee
08-27-07, 10:56 PM
Ok. 3-0 LAA end of 3. Nice little lead for Lackey.

nycdoc999
08-27-07, 11:14 PM
Good news - we're going to stay 2 back, even after a 2-5 road trip with 2 brutal extra-inning losses...

The bad news - (1) Mussina's done (2) Henn can't pitch (3) Detroit's right there with us for the WC with a favorable schedule...

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 11:15 PM
Well we know Henn can't pitch, that's no surprise.

nycdoc999
08-27-07, 11:28 PM
Looks like it's a surprise to Torre and Cashman....

Otherwise, why DFA Myers?

CallOfTheCrow
08-27-07, 11:32 PM
some people have learning disabilities? lol i dunno

frostdude1
08-27-07, 11:35 PM
im so depressed ... cant believe that the Angels winning will make my night better

YanksFan1992
08-27-07, 11:57 PM
6-0 Anaheim

BuryMe in Pinstripes
08-28-07, 12:03 AM
Good news - we're going to stay 2 back, even after a 2-5 road trip with 2 brutal extra-inning losses...

The bad news - (1) Mussina's done (2) Henn can't pitch (3) Detroit's right there with us for the WC with a favorable schedule...

Detroit may have a favorable schedule...but without Sheff..I think they lose a little sting.

If we do make it to the playoffs and play like we have the last few games...I would rather we not make it at all.. We are a very bad team right now.

jwyshner
08-28-07, 12:06 AM
Detroit's right there with us for the WC with a favorable schedule

Wow. Detroit has 6 with KC, 6 with White Sox, 6 with Minnesota, 3 with Oakland, 3 with Seattle, 3 with Texas, 3 with Cleveland and 1 with Toronto.

YanksFan1992
08-28-07, 12:08 AM
Wow. Detroit has 6 with KC, 6 with White Sox, 6 with Minnesota, 3 with Oakland, 3 with Seattle, 3 with Texas, 3 with Cleveland and 1 with Toronto.

Honestly I don't think we should focus on the schedule (seeing how we are so bad against some teams)

If we can take the lead in the wild card the Yanks just need to take each game at a time and just try to stay in the lead

Abe Frohman
08-28-07, 12:11 AM
i can def see detroit playing like crap again after we leave town... we just tend to bring out the cy-youngs and rookie of the years, and gold gloves, and MVPs, and hank aarons of any team we play. we just need to get back to winning games... and it starts tomorrow. if this 200million team cant beat the seattle Mariners out for the WC, just 2 GB and a favorable schedule theyll have no one to blame but themselves. all we need is a 5th starter to atleast keep us in games, thats all...

Matt
08-28-07, 12:23 AM
Wow, we've been playing terrible baseball and we're still only 2 games out of the WC. Crazy. We better kick it into gear again soon though.

The bad news - (1) Mussina's done (2) Henn can't pitch

I think both of these things are good news since we probably won't be seeing much of them anymore (hopefully?).

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 12:29 AM
6-0 in the ninth.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr. Lackey for a job well done.

CallOfTheCrow
08-28-07, 12:30 AM
6-0 in the ninth.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr. Lackey for a job well done.

Never thought I'd read that on this board.

YanksFan1992
08-28-07, 12:43 AM
Good job Angels

Right now Im rooting for whoever is in second to lose when they play each other, but in general Im rooting for both to lose

So even with all this negativity if we can make up 1 game on them in the next week, all we have to do is win next week's series and we're even

teknetic
08-28-07, 12:47 AM
We made Jason Grilli, Tim Byrdak, Bobby Seay, and the rest of the Tiger bullpen look like world beaters. Not worried about them catching up..
(http://forums.nyyfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)

DCfan
08-28-07, 12:49 AM
Its not just about blaming or anything . But its the fact that BooSox always seems to have an easier schedule when it comes to get away days and days off . Last year when yankees went to boston in august ( boston massacre ) , BooSox had a day off and they were hosting . Yankees had to play a game against Baltimore and then leave for boston to play BooSox . I mean the home team last year was having day off and visiting had to play on a get away day . But this year home team Yankees have to play on a get away but BooSox , the visiting team has a day off .
I know it may sound like a silly excuse , but this is not the first MLB has screwed yankees when it comes to scheduling .

I think it's time for a deep breath here. The Yankees aren't as bad as they looked tonight (obviously), and there's nothing hopeless about this season. They're still playing well overall, and there's still plenty of reason for optimism:

1. The Yankees still control their own destiny, and they are well-positioned to make the playoffs.

2. This schedule stuff isn't getting us anywhere. Most teams begin the season on the same day, play the same number of games, and end on the same day -- so, they have the same number of off days. Yes, the Yankees do seem to play at night on "getaway day" more than other teams, but such is the price of success. I don't think the case can be made this year that the Yanks got screwed on scheduling --- I may be mistaken, but I thought that the Sox had three extra games against San Diego this year while the Yankees had three extra games against Pittsburgh; that has to offset a little of these other unfairnesses, doesn't it? The schedule always has a few little quirks, but it doesn't matter because:

3. The Yankees still control their own destiny, and they are well-positioned to make the playoffs.

AlongCameAPrincess
08-28-07, 04:44 AM
Honestly I don't think we should focus on the schedule (seeing how we are so bad against some teams)

If we can take the lead in the wild card the Yanks just need to take each game at a time and just try to stay in the lead

Yeah, as of yesterday, it doesn't matter who we play against. We just have to win and that win has to come against whoever is sitting in the other dugout.

Pick and choose time (so to speak) is so over.

JeffWeaverFan
08-28-07, 04:47 AM
2 back after that road trip is pretty amazing. Still though, ground has to be made and it has to be made now.

rodney27nyg
08-28-07, 05:15 AM
2 back after that road trip is pretty amazing. Still though, ground has to be made and it has to be made now.

Not to be a pessimist or anything but...I feel the Sox may be catching us at the right time (psychologically).

They swept the Wsox in a 4 game series outscoring them 46-7.

We dropped 3 of 4 with the travel taste of a 16-0 blowout.

I've seen the Yankees beat the odds a lot and hope this is one of those times.

hardrain
08-28-07, 05:27 AM

I still think the playoffs are a lock for the Yanks (WC)...despite this Tiger series. Let's hope so. Seattle is capable of a losing streak.

ajra21
08-28-07, 05:31 AM
Not to be a pessimist or anything but...I feel the Sox may be catching us at the right time (psychologically).

They swept the Wsox in a 4 game series outscoring them 46-7.

We dropped 3 of 4 with the travel taste of a 16-0 blowout.

I've seen the Yankees beat the odds a lot and hope this is one of those times.

you could be right.

the thing is, you have to take mussina's games out of the recent run. the team had no chance in those games given his pitching.

i've defended him and his his re-signing during the off season but i fully admit that three starts like that and he needs to be removed from the rotation. one was poor. two was bad. three is very (very) worrying.

i thought that if we went into the boston series 4 back we could catch them that isn't gonna happen now. so we have to get the wild card. two back with a series against the mariners. we can take it.

CallOfTheCrow
08-28-07, 10:22 PM
Nasty Nate Robertson got rocked.

indianyanksfan
08-28-07, 10:24 PM
come on ervin! beat seattle!

CallOfTheCrow
08-28-07, 10:26 PM
seattle up 2-0

YASS
08-28-07, 10:27 PM
2-0 Seattle in the first, with Guillen on 3rd and nobody out.

Santana is no Johan.

SoCal Pinstriper
08-28-07, 10:27 PM
come on ervin! beat seattle!Not likely on the road. 0-2 Seattle, no outs in the first.

yankeesAZ
08-28-07, 10:29 PM
Ervin 1-9 with an 8.09 ERA on the road this year. Not gonna be a good night I'm afraid.

genius-24
08-28-07, 10:30 PM
KC up 6-2 over tigers. Top of the 7th.

I tell u, KC has accomplished a lot this year. They have better future ahead of them.

CallOfTheCrow
I don't get what people see in him. People were clammoring for Ervin Santana if A-Rod was traded to the Angels.

SoCal Pinstriper
0-4 Seattle still no outs.

yankeesAZ
08-28-07, 10:32 PM
I don't get what people see in him. People were clammoring for Ervin Santana if A-Rod was traded to the Angels.

Somehow he pitches great against the Yanks in the postseason and sucks against everyone else. Glad we never made that deal. We have enough pitching problems.

5-0 M's. Only Sexon can't touch Ervin tonight.

Ervin pulled after 1 out.

Metroidman
08-28-07, 10:33 PM
Somehow he pitches great against the Yanks in the postseason and sucks against everyone else. Glad we never made that deal. We have enough pitching problems.

Good home pitcher

Terrible Road pitcher

I think our minor league coaches can fix him though. He has great stuff

YASS
Santana out after 1/3rd of an inning.

Possibly not his longest outing of the year.

aeromac76

Ervin pulled after 1 out.

Thanks a lot LAA...

genius-24
08-28-07, 10:34 PM
Good home pitcher

Terrible Road pitcher

cant's u say that about n e young pitcher?

LuisTiant
Moseley in.

The Q Bomb
Somehow he pitches great against the Yanks in the postseason and sucks against everyone else. ... Isn't that the story of The Yankees the last few years? The pitchers with a 9.0 ERA against the rest of the league end up two-hitting us! :(

Bernie Inferno
Detroit score?

Gringaloca
08-28-07, 10:35 PM
Ervin Santana...:mad: Explains why the Mariners..even with Jeff Weaver starting ...was a heavy 'fav' tonight!..

Thanks, ES...you just killed me..:eek:

CallOfTheCrow
I despise the Angels.

Metroidman
cant's u say that about n e young pitcher?

Not a lot of them throw 97 with good secondary pitches

yankeesAZ
Good home pitcher

Terrible Road pitcher

At least Scoiscia didn't wait until 8-9 runs like Torre does for Moose.

Gringaloca
I despise the Angels.

Just one more reason, heh?...:)

LeapsNbounds
Detroit score?

6-2 KC in the 7th.

girardi08
08-28-07, 10:36 PM
i'll never forget game 5 of the 2005 alds. i hate you ervin santana. you screwed us then and you are screwing us now.

CallOfTheCrow
08-28-07, 10:36 PM
Just one more reason, heh?...:)

They should not be named the Angels. They cause too many people pain to have such a title.

YASS
08-28-07, 10:37 PM
Detroit: 2 runs on 13 hits.

KC: 6 runs on 6 hits.

Detroit's problem is obviously too many hits.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:38 PM
Why do the M's have to win when we finally win a game!! I know they only lost 2, but the 2 we lose as well. :(

CallOfTheCrow
Detroit: 2 runs on 13 hits.

KC: 6 runs on 6 hits.

Detroit's problem is obviously too many hits.

Probably tired from last night's Yankee flogging.

Game4Tino
Nice job Santana. Is he out of the 1st yet? Friggin' Angels. Maybe we should be rooting for the M's to win the Division straight up.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:39 PM
Nice job Santana. Is he out of the 1st yet? Friggin' Angels. Maybe we should be rooting for the M's to win the Division straight up.

Yeah, he is out. Moseley is in.

YASS

LAA is, but Santana didn't make it. He was yanked after 1/3rd.

JeterRodriguezSheff
Guys, we are good as long as one team kicks the other team's ass. I want whoever wins tonight to sweep.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:40 PM
Guys, we are good as long as one team kicks the other team's ass. I want whoever wins tonight to sweep.

This is game 2, LA won last night.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:40 PM
We got some hope, it's Jeff Weaver out there.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-28-07, 10:41 PM
This is game 2, LA won last night.

Then I want LA to win again, ****

jimmykey2

You should already know Santana is incapable of getting 3 straight outs when he pitches on the road.

He stinks.

Gringaloca

My thinking exactly...it soooo early. Lets not give the Mariners the W just yet...:)

Jeter Kid
Then I want LA to win again, ****

Weaver won't let it happen, he's pitching like Cy Young. lolololol

themgmt
08-28-07, 10:42 PM
Why do the M's have to win when we finally win a game!! I know they only lost 2, but the 2 we lose as well. :(

they've lost 3 in a row. this game isn't over yet, hoping for 4 in a row.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-28-07, 10:42 PM

Jeff Weaver always shuts the other team down when we need him to suck, and then sucks when we need him to shut a team down. I hate Jeff Weaver, I think he is doing it to piss us off.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:43 PM
Jeff Weaver always shuts the other team down when we need him to suck, and then sucks when we need him to shut a team down. I hate Jeff Weaver, I think he is doing it to piss us off.

How do you think JeffWeaverFan feels?

Gringaloca
08-28-07, 10:44 PM
How do you think JeffWeaverFan feels?

Probably not much...after hittin' up that 'bong'...:D

just-blaze
08-28-07, 10:44 PM
Wow, that Weaver signing for Seattle isnt turning out to be too bad for them and better than our Moose signing.

He seems to be decent in the second half.

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 10:45 PM
Probably not much...after hittin' up that 'bong'...:D:smokin:

Lets go Angels bullpen! Shut down the M's O! :uhh:

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 10:54 PM
Weaver walks leadoff hitter.

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 10:56 PM
5-1 runner on 2nd.

CallOfTheCrow
08-28-07, 10:57 PM
fignewtons is hurt isn't he?

iWant27
08-28-07, 11:05 PM
Can you believe might Tigers are losing to lowly Royals ? The same tigers who took 3 out of 4 from Yankees .

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:16 PM
5-2 Matthews with a HR.

yankeesAZ
08-28-07, 11:17 PM
Back-to-back. M's 5-3

Now that's the Weaver we know and love!

NYDCYankee
DrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreamWeaver!!!!!

YASS
5-2 Matthews with a HR.

And now it's 5-3 on a Kendry Morales HR.

themgmt
08-28-07, 11:20 PM
where is chone figgins when you don't hate him... I mean, when you need him?

ericns1
08-28-07, 11:21 PM
Jeff W - don't let us down - pitch down to your level!!

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:29 PM
LAA has a runner on 2nd no outs.

just-blaze
08-28-07, 11:30 PM
Can you believe might Tigers are losing to lowly Royals ? The same tigers who took 3 out of 4 from Yankees .

Luck series for the tiggers. Clemens was off b/c of the rain delay.

Hughes is still trying to find the command of his FB, which I think he might of found in the 4th inning (fingers crossed).

Their horrid bullpen held us to 3 runs in 7+ innings during that game.

They got to face Meltdown Moose.

Lucky them, I move on. Quite frankly, if Viz does what he has done for most part of the year we would have had a 3-4 road trip against 2 playoff contenders and have been 6 back of the mighty RedSox.

Im not worried....this is a playoff team.

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:33 PM
5-4. OCab on first.

DEADSOX
LA tightening up!

NYDCYankee
Vlad doubles 2nd and 3rd 1out.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-28-07, 11:34 PM
If the Angels lose by one im going to be pissed. At least Weaver is getting lit up though.

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:39 PM
5-5 tied up.

DEADSOX
08-28-07, 11:39 PM
tie game!!!

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-28-07, 11:41 PM
Jeff Weaver LAWLS

JeterForPresident
08-28-07, 11:45 PM
Oh that Jeff Weaver, the gift that never stops giving.

gregzzy22
08-28-07, 11:45 PM
haha omg I cant believe theyre still running santana out there

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:47 PM
As much as I hated Mosely last Monday night, is as much as I love him right now for not giving up any runs.

NYDCYankee
08-28-07, 11:47 PM
haha omg I cant believe theyre still running santana out there

Ervin Mussina

YanksFan1992
08-28-07, 11:48 PM
Good job Anaheim!

Jeter Kid
08-28-07, 11:51 PM

Solid.

R.V.47
08-28-07, 11:54 PM
At some point the real Mariners pitching staff had to show up. Didnt think Anaheim's would go down the toilet too.

themgmt
08-28-07, 11:58 PM
they've lost 3 in a row. this game isn't over yet, hoping for 4 in a row.

never lost faith in the Los Angeles Devils of Anaheim. make it four in a row for seattle so people can stop thinking they're anything but a slightly above average offense, below average starting pitching, above average bullpen team that will finish around .550. They're marginally good, I've been saying it forever.

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 12:04 AM
6-5 Seattle.

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 12:07 AM
6-5 Seattle.

Lies.

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 12:08 AM
6-5 Seattle.

I hope they destroy each other.

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 12:08 AM
Lies.

Your right. Sorry. Still 5-5.

just-blaze
08-29-07, 12:11 AM
I met a guy who suffers from constant epileptic seizures and shortly after found out he was an "equal" Sox/Angels fan.

Conundrum to say the least.

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 12:11 AM
Anyone else kinda having fun with staying up late and paying attention to games that the Yankees are not playing in and scoreboard watching?

Sean Ryan
08-29-07, 12:12 AM
Seattle walks lead off hitter Mathis.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:15 AM
Come on Anaheim! Right now Im rooting for Anaheim but if Seattle ties them it would switch

themgmt
08-29-07, 12:17 AM
6-5 on a vlad double

Jeter Kid
Vladdy with an RBI double, it's 6-5 Angels, ah the great comeback.

YanksFan1992
Guerrero doubles home Mathis

6-5 Anaheim

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 12:18 AM
Tonight could be one of those very good nights.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-29-07, 12:19 AM
And the Angels take the lead, excellence

cyhughes22
08-29-07, 12:19 AM
Nice. I knew the Mariners would show their true colors when they ran into some good teams.

roblyo33
08-29-07, 12:21 AM
I hate rooting for the Angels, but.............

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 12:22 AM

Whatever helps place us 1st...

just-blaze
08-29-07, 12:25 AM

You are not alone my friend. Quite frankly if the Mariners pull it out, I wouldnt be upset by the least.

I HATTTTTTEEEE the Angels more than anybody. I understand the hate the Sox fans and Co. have for us after watching them play us.

Abe Frohman
08-29-07, 12:25 AM
Damn, so much went on tonite and i missed it all... (off - broadway show). Kennedy got called up, crazy. i was checkin the scores onmy mobile like those ESPN commercials...lol. well, great nite overall. we won, sox lost, mets lost and seattle is hopefully going to lose... good times...

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 12:26 AM

Me too but whatever it takes. Even if that means rooting for Sheff in a big spot against the Mariners when they get Detroit in a couple weeks I'll do it.

BxBomber44
08-29-07, 12:27 AM
Kennedy Got Called Up?!!!!

and thank you vlad

girardi08
08-29-07, 12:28 AM
personally i'd rather seattle win than ever root for the angels :barf: :barf:

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 12:28 AM
The way I see it and I might get hollered at for it but the thing is the Yankees are going to have to beat the Angels someday. I'm almost that if we make the playoffs we get them first round, win in 4, winning at home then head into the ALCS with the chip off our shoulder.

Abe Frohman
08-29-07, 12:32 AM
seriously guys, i hope that whichever way it plays out, we DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES play the Angels... i have ZERO confidence against those creatures... sheesh i dont even wanna think about a series against them... especially not a DS starting in Anaheim... thats a str8 up nightmare.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:34 AM
Seattle scores....

tied at 6

Abe Frohman
08-29-07, 12:35 AM
damn you Ichiro...

sweet_lou_14
08-29-07, 12:44 AM
Love that stolen base call against the Mariners!

JUSTICE IS SERVED

dont_ya_know24
08-29-07, 12:45 AM

JUSTICE IS SERVED

exactly, what goes around comes around.

Dexileno51
"divine justice"

YanksFan1992
7-6 Anaheim!

yankeesAZ
08-29-07, 12:46 AM

JUSTICE IS SERVED

Wow is that ump putting the screws to the M's this series. Does remind me of that call earlier.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:49 AM
Ugh...just saw a preview for tonight's local news and it was about how Mariner's games have become the new hip social spot

Ughhhh:P

Sean Ryan
08-29-07, 12:50 AM
Come on fellas. Tack on some more runs!

just-blaze
08-29-07, 12:53 AM
Wow, I think their bullpen as their team is overplaying b/c one of their best (Morrow) has 42 BB's in 51 innings?

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 12:54 AM
Sacks juiced for Vladdy.

girardi08
08-29-07, 12:55 AM
rick white?:wtf: :wtf:

sweet_lou_14
That goatee on White is positively moronic.

sweet_lou_14
Vlad with the two-run dagger.

Good night for the Yankees.

Dexileno51
08-29-07, 12:56 AM
Bases loaded 2 outs for vlad top 8th

let's go ..żAngels? :barf::barf:

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 12:57 AM
This is a CRUSHING loss for the M's.

JeffWeaverFan
08-29-07, 12:57 AM
Vlad comes through. 9-6 Angels now.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:58 AM
1 game back folks, 1 game back

sweet_lou_14
08-29-07, 12:59 AM
Bases loaded 2 outs for vlad top 8th

let's go ..żAngels? :barf::barf:

It's OK to root for the LAAoAAA the next two days. Then root for them to lose a lot of games.

It would be great to face Cleveland or Seattle in the first round of the playoffs, but at this point I'll take any scenario in which the Yankees are playing in October.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:59 AM
10-6!

DEADSOX
08-29-07, 01:01 AM
great game! Go Angels :barf: ..... thats so tough to say.

-tz
08-29-07, 01:02 AM
Can we trust a four run lead to Shields?

girardi08
08-29-07, 01:03 AM
Can we trust a four run lead to Shields?

is he playing the yankees? then no.

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 01:05 AM
Man that guy barking behind home plate is hilarious. "WAKE UP!!!! CALL THE GAME!"

blankfrack
08-29-07, 01:07 AM
That was the stupidest bit of managing I've seen in a long time, bases loaded, crucial situation, Vlad at the plate, a great bullpen to choose from and they bring in Rick White, their worst pitcher and a guy DFA'd by the Astros last month.

themgmt
08-29-07, 01:11 AM
Mariners will lose their 4th straight. Correction officially in progress.

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 01:15 AM
Mariners will lose their 4th straight. Correction officially in progress.

WTF, leadoff single Johjima. lol

E-Rod
08-29-07, 01:16 AM
A really bad game by the Angels' starter pitcher and they will probably use few pitchers than Seattle in this game, that shows the importance of a good long reliever.

BigCheese
08-29-07, 01:20 AM
Jeez, what happend to Ervin Santana? Wasn't this the guy that befuddled us in the ALDS in 2005?

He was always a favorite target of NYYFan trade speculation... I'm glad none of those trades ever materialized.

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 01:23 AM
Angels WIN! We are 1 out of the wild card.

E-Rod
08-29-07, 01:24 AM
Good game and a great result for us :)

MassNYYfan
08-29-07, 01:25 AM
I can't believe Jeff Weaver has 2 shutouts.

I nearly fell out of the tier when I saw that on the scoreboard tonight before the game.

njdhockey
08-29-07, 01:42 AM
Hopefully the Mariners continue to lose and the Yankees can keep on winning. Awesome results tonight!

NYDCYankee
08-29-07, 02:10 AM
One back. And many more to play.

CallOfTheCrow
08-29-07, 02:14 AM
great result, thank you angels. :)

HA2007
08-29-07, 02:17 AM
Those 3 games against the Mariners in September are gonna be HUGE!!! Should be a fun finish...

NyQuil
08-29-07, 02:20 AM
Good news.

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_towards_the_mean) is what the Mariners are doing.

ajra21
08-29-07, 05:49 AM
Good news.

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_towards_the_mean) is what the Mariners are doing.

sweet.

Jace
08-29-07, 10:29 AM
Wait the mariners really came back and won last night? holllllllllllller

b-ball-lunachick
08-29-07, 10:32 AM
Wait the mariners really came back and won last night? holllllllllllller

did you mean the Angels came back? yes, the Angels won. :)

Jace
08-29-07, 10:36 AM
did you mean the Angels came back? yes, the Angels won. :)

Good call there, that is in fact what i meant. Ichiro is so hot hes breaking my brain

themgmt
08-29-07, 10:42 AM
I wonder how many people would have torre's head if the Yankees had 16 hits and 2 walks but only plated 3 runs.

How the tigers managed to do that is beyond me.

YanksFan1992
08-29-07, 12:30 PM
Honestly I think Seattle is on the way down. They lost 2 in a row to Texas and then 2 more to Anaheim.

They should have won at relatively easy Texas, and if they don't have the energy to win in probably their most important series of the year (next week's series against the Yanks will be close)....

They better bounce up now and bounce back fast

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 12:33 PM
Honestly I think Seattle is on the way down. They lost 2 in a row to Texas and then 2 more to Anaheim.

They should have won at relatively easy Texas, and if they don't have the energy to win in probably their most important series of the year (next week's series against the Yanks will be close)....

They better bounce up now and bounce back fast

I know its a ways a way but does anyone know what the pitching matchups will be for that series?

donnybball23
08-29-07, 12:42 PM
I know its a ways a way but does anyone know what the pitching matchups will be for that series?

I think it is this.

GM 1 - Hernandez vs. Clemens 1:05 PM
GM 2 - Ramirez vs. Wang 7:05
GM 3 - Washburn vs. Hughes 7:05

ZIM 2002
08-29-07, 12:51 PM
Too bad one of those games doesn't fall on Andy's watch!:(

NewEraYanks2527
08-29-07, 02:32 PM
Too bad one of those games doesn't fall on Andy's watch!:( Yea really. I am not a paticular fan of those matchups at this time.

kirbivore
08-29-07, 02:35 PM

Not sure about Seattle, but the Yankees should have Clemens, Wang, Hughes against Seattle.

THEBOSS84
08-29-07, 02:38 PM
Seattle dodges two bullets this week. Sabathia pitches tonight so he will not face them tomorrow. Halladay pitches tonight as well so he will not face them this weekend.

ZIM 2002
08-29-07, 03:14 PM
It figures:(

teknetic
08-29-07, 03:26 PM
Washburn has a 2.48 ERA in 10 starts against us in his career, only other team he owns this bad is the Devil Rays. Also held the offense scoreless for 8 innings in early May..then again Horacio Ramirez also shut the offense down for 6 innings in that same series.

Dynasties R Forever
08-29-07, 03:34 PM
I wonder how many people would have torre's head if the Yankees had 16 hits and 2 walks but only plated 3 runs.

How the tigers managed to do that is beyond me.

Very carefully I'm sure.

Man that's hard to do.

roblyo33
08-29-07, 04:50 PM
Angels up 1 - 0.........top of the first!! Runners on 1st and 3rd. 1 out

CallOfTheCrow
08-29-07, 04:54 PM
Sexon not playing. Interesting.

CallOfTheCrow
08-29-07, 04:55 PM
2-0 quasi-good guys!

CanoForPresident
08-29-07, 04:55 PM
2-0 halos.

A guy with the stuff Hernandez has should not be this hittable but I aint complaining.

CallOfTheCrow
08-29-07, 04:56 PM
King Felix past 30 pitches & the 1st isn't even over.

CanoForPresident
08-29-07, 04:57 PM
King Felix past 30 pitches & the 1st isn't even over.

He hit 100 on the first 2 pitches to Kotchman:eek:

CallOfTheCrow
08-29-07, 04:58 PM
figures as soon as i typed that, Kotchman pops up.

LIYanks
08-29-07, 05:00 PM
Finally the M's are playing like they should've.

gregzzy22
08-29-07, 05:03 PM
Nice, Nice. I'm likin it so far. I dont wanna say it was only a matter of time but...

SoCal Pinstriper
08-29-07, 05:04 PM
King Felix past 30 pitches & the 1st isn't even over.Watching KF, Weaver, Lincecum, and Hamels shouldbe mandetory for those here with inflated expectations for our youngsters. Even when you have all the tools, it takes time.

Snatch Catch
08-29-07, 05:04 PM
Settle down, peeps. The M's went up 5-0 in the first last night and lost.

CanoForPresident
08-29-07, 05:06 PM

But the Mariners had the lesser Weaver on the mound

sweet_lou_14
08-29-07, 05:07 PM

Voices of reason will not be tolerated at this point in the season. ;)

Seriously, though it's very early in that game, of course it's better to see the M's trailing than leading.

LeapsNbounds
08-29-07, 05:33 PM
Jared Weaver is dealing.

End of 3, 2-1 Halos.

Snatch Catch
08-29-07, 05:35 PM
The Angels have 8 hits through the first 3 innings, and only lead by one run. Not good.

Maynerd
08-29-07, 05:37 PM
Jared Weaver is dealing.

End of 3, 2-1 Halos.
The Halos are outhitting the Ms, 7-1, yet it's only a one-run game. Fer cryin' out loud, score some runs. Where the hell is Scioscia's small ball?

We go back into a tie.

Tonight!

R.V.47
08-29-07, 05:37 PM
The Angels have 8 hits through the first 3 innings, and only lead by one run. Not good.

That sucks if this was against the yankees they would have at least 8 runs on those 8 hits.

Snatch Catch
08-29-07, 05:38 PM
3-1! Mathis gets his run back!

SoCal Pinstriper
08-29-07, 05:40 PM
Even the outs thatKF hits are getting smoked.

LeapsNbounds
08-29-07, 05:40 PM
The M's will fade away in september like summer.

I am gearing up for October baseball because it wouldn't be october without the NY Yankees!!

Jeter Kid
08-29-07, 05:44 PM
The M's will fade away in september like summer.

I am gearing up for October baseball because it wouldn't be october without the NY Yankees!!

October is my favorite time of the year, I really don't want that to change.

THEBOSS84
08-29-07, 05:44 PM
Call me a downer, but I am not excited about this season one bit. Yay, so we'll all get so pumped to win the wild card, only to face the Angels in the first round. This story doesn't usually end well. Especially when the Angels will have home field advantage.

NYKforever
08-29-07, 05:46 PM
Call me a downer, but I am not excited about this season one bit. Yay, so we'll all get so pumped to win the wild card, only to face the Angels in the first round. This story doesn't usually end well. Especially when the Angels will have home field advantage.

Can we get in first? And once you do get in, anything can happen.

THEBOSS84
08-29-07, 05:47 PM
Can we get in first? And once you do get in, anything can happen.

We are making the playoffs, I am confident.

LeapsNbounds
08-29-07, 05:50 PM

I don't like facing the Angels either but similar to the 2004 Red Sox, their World series title HAD to go through the yankees.

I feel the same way about that silly little team from anaheim. I want to beat them in the postseason as payback.

Snatch Catch
08-29-07, 05:51 PM
Vlad goes yard.

Janttje
Vlad Homers 4-2 Halos

nhyankeefan
Vlad homers, 4-2 angels.

CallOfTheCrow
vlad the impaler!

OldYankeeFan

Man, if you can't get excited about possibly making the playoffs in a transition year with more young pitching talent than we've EVER had coming up at once then maybe it's time for football.

yanks md

Downer!

But seriously, I would rather seattle win the west because the angels seem to have our number/match up well against us.

Here's to winning more games so we get that oppurtunity to try and beat them. Don't lose hope before there is hope to be had.

NYKforever
08-29-07, 05:52 PM
I feel a little dirty rooting for the Angels but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Chacon
08-29-07, 05:55 PM
King Felix is getting absolutely tattooed

Any truth to the buzz that he tweaked his mechanics a bit in order to stay healthy but in turn has sacrificed some of his effectiveness. I maintain that his performance early in the year vs. the Red Sox is one of the most dominant games I have ever seen

THEBOSS84
08-29-07, 05:56 PM
Man, if you can't get excited about possibly making the playoffs in a transition year with more young pitching talent than we've EVER had coming up at once then maybe it's time for football.

I am excited about our 25 man roster as currently constituted, don't get me wrong. I am basically calming myself down to not be as pissed off as I was in 2005 when we came all the way back from that hole to make the playoffs only to be dispatched by the LAA in the ALDS.

YankeePride1967
08-29-07, 05:57 PM
It's much funner rooting for the Halos!

Dynasties R Forever
08-29-07, 06:01 PM

Exactly, well said.

SoCal Pinstriper
08-29-07, 06:04 PM
Hudler and Physiac may cause me to get banned.

CanoForPresident
08-29-07, 06:06 PM
King Felix is getting absolutely tattooed

Any truth to the buzz that he tweaked his mechanics a bit in order to stay healthy but in turn has sacrificed some of his effectiveness. I maintain that his performance early in the year vs. the Red Sox is one of the most dominant games I have ever seen

He's still learning how to pitch. he'll show flashes of brillance which is to be expected by a phenom 21 year old but he's far from a finished product. That said King Felix is a serious arm injury waiting to happen.

parkerstrong
08-29-07, 06:06 PM

Not for me. I hate them...and if they continue to win we will have to face them this year in the playoffs..... :(

JeterForPresident
08-29-07, 06:08 PM
Not for me. I hate them...and if they continue to win we will have to face them this year in the playoffs..... :(

True, but we need Seattle to not win today, especially with a tough game tonight against Beckett. Also, a few months ago I would have paid money to let the Yankees make the playoffs to lose to the Angels, a lot has changed since then, now I look towards the playoffs and to winning a few series.

JavyVazquezIsSick
08-29-07, 06:15 PM

Much more funner then losing to them constantly.

StatenIslandYankee
08-29-07, 06:24 PM
It's much funner rooting for the Halos!Yeah they don't disapoint you.

Sean Ryan
08-29-07, 06:28 PM
Runner on 2nd. Bunt!

Sean Ryan
08-29-07, 06:29 PM
WOOO! Even better! RBI single

5-2 Angels

Runner on 2nd.

Bunt? or no? LOL

JeterForPresident
08-29-07, 06:30 PM
It is nice to see the Angels putting the Mariners in their place. Now we are seeing the Mariners when they play a real major leauge baseball team.

Sean Ryan
08-29-07, 06:30 PM
Even better. Single

Runners on 1st and 3rd.

0 outs

iWant27
08-29-07, 06:31 PM
It is nice to see the Angels putting the Mariners in their place. Now we are seeing the Mariners when they play a real major leauge baseball team.

ypu those MandMs were beginning to think like they were legit by beating up on chisox kind of teams .

girardi08
08-29-07, 06:33 PM

no offense, but we fattened up on the weak part of our schedule too. we had a pretty uninspiring road trip against the angels and tigers.

JeterForPresident
08-29-07, 06:33 PM
ypu those MandMs were beginning to think like they were legit by beating up on chisox kind of teams .

The White Sox are an absolute joke, I was laughing when people were nervous about the Red Sox coming into town after beating up the White Sox. The Sox are always going to play us tough, but just because they can destroy a team like the White Sox isn't going to make me extra nervous. White Sox should just put up a sign on the front gates of the stadium that says "out to lunch" because they certainly aren't playing baseball.