PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

26 and counting
08-21-07, 08:20 PM
Have the Devil Rays actually gotten worse?

They're not on Detroit Tigers 2003 level yet (43-119), but they're getting close.

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 08:21 PM
yup . Frankly I think the yankees best chance is with the wild card .

By the way why is TB even in the big leagues . I mean do they even try to give a fight to red sox .

I think our best hope is to just hope Seattle drops a few games this week and we are within 2 or at the most 3 games of the WC by Sunday night.

If we can do that....I feel good about overtaking them.

TheBamTino24
08-21-07, 08:21 PM
when do the red sox start playing good teams?

They're done with Detroit, Cleveland and Seattle. They have 6 left with us and then we'll be relying on Toronto, Baltimore, and the like.

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 08:23 PM
They're done with Detroit, Cleveland and Seattle. They have 6 left with us and then we'll be relying on Toronto, Baltimore, and the like.

This is exactly why the division was never a realistic possibility. I allowed myself to get caught up in it a little bit when we started to get close....but the Sox just have too much going in their favor.

We could easily be out of reach by the end of this week

YASS
08-21-07, 08:24 PM
when do the red sox start playing good teams?

They play the Yankees next week. I hear they're pretty good.

Other than that, there's a home-and-home with Toronto, and they close the season with two at home vs. Oakland and four at home against Minnesota.

Kluivert4Ever
08-21-07, 08:25 PM
I think our best hope is to just hope Seattle drops a few games this week and we are within 2 or at the most 3 games of the WC by Sunday night.

Agreed, as I have said all along, my mission is to overtake Seattle, when and IF we pass them I will look up and see where Boston is at but I honestly dont care how we get into the playoffs.

Would it be nice to win the division, yes sure, especially after being down 15 games but is it a necessity, absoloutely not.

I keep my eyes on the Mariners at this point, when and if we pass them I will focus on Boston.

trentonthunder
There is a real good chance the Yanks could be 8 or 9 back by the time this week ends

I dont see the Sox losing more then 1 game this week....I could see them running the table.

I couldn't agree more about this statement, except for the fact that I think we do
pretty good against Detroit.

Boston has come out on this road trip playing for keeps. It looks like Francona
has given this team a pep talk, like boys it's time to "cowboy up" again.
I see them possibly dropping one game in Tampa or Chicago. Hope I'm wrong.

BroadwayBomber55

I really don't care which playoff spot we get, Division Winner or Wild Card. You get in the playoffs because you've been there before and succeeded.

A shot at winning the World Series is more important than having home field advantage.

trentonthunder
08-21-07, 08:26 PM
Agreed, as I have said all along, my mission is to overtake Seattle, when and IF we pass them I will look up and see where Boston is at but I honestly dont care how we get into the playoffs.

Would it be nice to win the division, yes sure, especially after being down 15 games but is it a necessity, absoloutely not.

I keep my eyes on the Mariners at this point, when and if we pass them I will focus on Boston.

I agree, but I also want to see us avoid LA in the first round.

Kluivert4Ever
08-21-07, 08:27 PM
This is exactly why the division was never a realistic possibility. I allowed myself to get caught up in it a little bit when we started to get close....but the Sox just have too much going in their favor.

My sentiments exactly, thats why I rooted for Boston when they played the Indians or the Mariners, I just want to get in, dont care how.

I like you got a bit caught up in it when we got it down to 4 and I still havenīt given up the division but the fact of the matter is that only a Red Sox collapse will get us the division and I dont like to rely on that.
On the other hand, if we keep winning series we should overtake the Mariners and keep either Cleveland or Detroit behind is and thats what counts.

Nick Day
I always liked his game too. You could argue that the Sox don't even make the playoffs in 2004 without him.
I don't think I'd go that far. I can't think of any huge things he did in Boston. Made some nice snags, but not game-defining ones

susieb8020
We'll catch the Sox. They know it and we know it :)

I'm trying something different - go with it.

BroadwayBomber55

I also keep my eyes on the Wild Card spot as well.

Win to get in.

spyglass
When was the last time Seattle lost a game? Because it seems like they've won thirty in a row.

Chick_Fewster
08-21-07, 08:28 PM
You get in the playoffs because you've been there before and succeeded. You do???

Then, what are we all worrying about... we'll be locks.

In all seriousness, let's just focus on Seattle, and Cle/Det... and on winning ourselves!

26 and counting
08-21-07, 08:29 PM
I agree, but I also want to see us avoid LA in the first round.

I want to face the Angels in the first round of the playoffs and beat their brains in. To be the best, you have to beat the best, and the Angels have the 2nd best record in baseball this year.

Meecham4ever
They're not on Detroit Tigers 2003 level yet (43-119), but they're getting close.

The way they rolled over and played dead last weekend, I thought we WERE playing the 2003 Tigers! :lol: :lol:

indianyanksfan
seattle's already winning on back to back hrs by beltre and sexon.

boy do the twins stink!

trentonthunder
I don't think I'd go that far. I can't think of any huge things he did in Boston. Made some nice snags, but not game-defining ones

I agree. I think Boston would have gone nowhere without Keith Foulke, and
Keith Foulke alone. Nobody else was close to the importance of Burger King boy
IMO. I think the fans gave him a bad rap too. He was a bigger player then Papi
down the stretch and in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

hatfieldms
08-21-07, 08:30 PM
I see Minnesota has really come to play again tonight. W are going to be 3.5 out of the WC by tomorrow night at this rate

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 08:30 PM
I couldn't agree more about this statement, except for the fact that I think we do
pretty good against Detroit.

Boston has come out on this road trip playing for keeps. It looks like Francona
has given this team a pep talk, like boys it's time to "cowboy up" again.
I see them possibly dropping one game in Tampa or Chicago. Hope I'm wrong.

I think the best we could hope for is the Sox to lose 1 game this week....and for us to somehow get 1 game in Anaheim, and take 3 of 4 in Detroit.

That would leave us 6 back. However, I think a more likely scenario is us getting swept in Anaheim and splitting in Detroit. That would leave us 8 back.

trentonthunder
08-21-07, 08:31 PM
I want to face the Angels in the first round of the playoffs and beat their brains in. To be the best, you have to beat the best, and the Angels have the 2nd best record in baseball this year.

I love your spirit, but history teaches us that we generally lose to this club.
I would rather have Boston beat them, and then meet Boston in the 2nd round.

NavyTim
Top 5 -

BOS 7

TAM 2

TheBamTino24

The division is a great dream when we're within 4 or so with 6 left with them. But I couldn't care less if we get in with the Wild Card as opposed to the division.

Just get in.

TheBamTino24
I think the best we could hope for is the Sox to lose 1 game this week....and for us to somehow get 1 game in Anaheim, and take 3 of 4 in Detroit.

That would leave us 6 back. However, I think a more likely scenario is us getting swept in Anaheim and splitting in Detroit. That would leave us 8 back.

Maybe I'm nuts. Chisox get 2 against them this weekend.

trentonthunder
08-21-07, 08:34 PM

I think we can beat Lackey. He looked terrible in Boston, however to be fair, their
plane didn't arrive from Toronto until 2am and he had to pitch at 1 after getting to bed at probably 4am.

I think we can take three out of four in Detroit. I'm keeping in mind that our loss
in Anaheim last night was pretty impressive. We played well against a very good
club.

iWant27
I love your spirit, but history teaches us that we generally lose to this club.
I would rather have Boston beat them, and then meet Boston in the 2nd round.

If yankees dont win the division ( TB and AAoLA is making sure of that ) , the best case scenario will be yankees playing detroit in the first round and boston playing angels . No way angels best red sox . i mean that alds series would be a formality .
yankees can beat detroit in the alds .

dabomb2045

Any reason why you say that?? Or is it just blind hope and wishful thinking?

Nick Day
08-21-07, 08:35 PM
I agree. I think Boston would have gone nowhere without Keith Foulke, and
Keith Foulke alone. Nobody else was close to the importance of Burger King boy
IMO. I think the fans gave him a bad rap too. He was a bigger player then Papi
down the stretch and in the playoffs. Just my opinion.
IMO, it was Foulke and Roberts. I don't think the Red Sox beat the Yankees with out Dave's pinch running. But this is off topic

iWant27
08-21-07, 08:37 PM

you are nuts .

ajra21
IMO, it was Foulke and Roberts. I don't think the Red Sox beat the Yankees with out Dave's pinch running. But this is off topic

wow ... keith foulke, how times change.

YASS
Any reason why you say that?? Or is it just blind hope and wishful thinking?

The Sox have always had trouble against Chicago. Not so far this year, but ... they've had our number in the past.

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 08:39 PM
I think we can beat Lackey. He looked terrible in Boston, however to be fair, their
plane didn't arrive from Toronto until 2am and he had to pitch at 1 after getting to bed at probably 4am.

I think we can take three out of four in Detroit. I'm keeping in mind that our loss
in Anaheim last night was pretty impressive. We played well against a very good
club.

The Angels are in another category. Throw out what Lackey, Shields etc have done prior to this series. It doesnt matter cuz this team has our number. No matter what they did before we came into town...they all magically play great in games against us.

I think we could take 3 of 4 in Detroit, Im confident about that. It wont be easy though and the Tigers will be looking for some revenge.

ColoradoGuy
08-21-07, 08:39 PM
Seattle is starting to concern me a bit.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 08:47 PM

This is going to be a very hard week for us. We just need to weather it.

When Seattle is playing 17 out of 20 on the road and 7 games against the Angels and two makeup games vs. Cleveland that take away their off-days, they'll be hurtin'.

susieb8020
08-21-07, 08:53 PM
7-5 Boston on Iwamura's 3 run bomb

ajra21
08-21-07, 08:53 PM

When Seattle is playing 17 out of 20 on the road and 7 games against the Angels and two makeup games vs. Cleveland that take away their off-days, they'll be hurtin'.

if they get to the post season with jeff (frigging) weaver, i'll swear i'm gonna ...

... calm down, take deep breaths, IN, OUT, IN, OUT, IN, OUT ...

keg411
08-21-07, 08:56 PM
7-5 Boston on Iwamura's 3 run bomb

Heh. And people on this board are complaining about Hughes. How about Lester and his 5.73 ERA.... :)

jlam
08-21-07, 08:57 PM

Right on Sweet Lou, plus 3 of those are in the Bronx as well. We just need to stay within range of them.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 08:58 PM

As if you wanted to be more worried, the immortal Jarrod Washburn is slopping his way through 3 no hit innings against the Twins..

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:01 PM
Right on Sweet Lou, plus 3 of those are in the Bronx as well. We just need to stay within range of them.

I agree, but you don't want us to HAVE to sweep those games..
I'd like to be able to win 2 of 3 and be satisfied and if god forbid we lose the series not have the season be over....

As it is right now, they are statistically one of the flukiest teams in ML history..

keg411
08-21-07, 09:03 PM
I agree, but you don't want us to HAVE to sweep those games..
I'd like to be able to win 2 of 3 and be satisfied and if god forbid we lose the series not have the season be over....

As it is right now, they are statistically one of the flukiest teams in ML history..

I have more faith in Tampa Bay coming back against Boston than the Twinkies beating the Mariners.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:05 PM
I have more faith in Tampa Bay coming back against Boston than the Twinkies beating the Mariners.

I's have to agree..
The Rays suck, but they play hard.
The Twins look like they have mailed it home..

jlam
08-21-07, 09:06 PM

One thing that's scary is Bedard dealing again tonight. He's nasty, we might see him two more times.

sahara
08-21-07, 09:07 PM
Heh. And people on this board are complaining about Hughes. How about Lester and his 5.73 ERA.... :)

I have to confess that I had this same thought right after that HR.

People would be fighting over who would get to rickshaw Lester back to Scranton if he were here.

girardi08
08-21-07, 09:09 PM
is it me or is jon lester pretty overrated? he's got no command of his pitches.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:10 PM
Manny Delcarmen coming in, bottom 6, 1 out, tying run at the plate.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:10 PM
Twinkies get a leadoff double, their first hit, they only trail 2-0, so let's see if they can make this interesting..

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:11 PM
End 6th in Tampa.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:12 PM
Twinkies get a leadoff double, their first hit, they only trail 2-0, so let's see if they can make this interesting..

Strikeout-throwout DP.

And I just threw up for the triple play.

NavyTim
top 7 - delcarmen closed that door. 7-5 sox

sahara
is it me or is jon lester pretty overrated? he's got no command of his pitches.

He's always been overrated, but his command prior to these big league stints was never this bad.

We haven't seen the best of him yet, for whatever reason.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:14 PM
relegate the twins & the devil rays.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:15 PM
He's always been overrated, but his command prior to these big league stints was never this bad.

We haven't seen the best of him yet, for whatever reason.

Before his cancer I remember him as a five-inning pitcher who threw a lot of walks.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:16 PM
Strikeout-throwout DP.

And I just threw up for the triple play.

Un**** ing real..

Does anyone besides me just feel like the whole world is against us?
I mean, we cannot get anything to go our way, the two teams we are chasing decide they are not going to lose suddenly. And we play the Angels, smack the hell out of them all night long last night, yet get blooped and bled to death by their lineup of scrubs, again..

And while not trying to sound too negative here, I am really not in love with the pitching matchup tonight..

YASS
08-21-07, 09:17 PM
Un**** ing real..

I mean, we cannot get anything to go our way, the two teams we are chasing decide they are not going to lose suddenly. And we play the Angels, smack the hell out of them all night long last night, yet get blooped and bled to death by their lineup of scrubs, again..

And while not trying to sound too negative here, I am really not in love with the pitching matchup tonight..

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am personally against you.

Nothing personal, you understand. :)

sahara
08-21-07, 09:17 PM
Before his cancer I remember him as a five-inning pitcher who threw a lot of walks.

I know, but I'm talking more about what he did in the minors before that.

He's not this bad. Or at least he wasn't before.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:18 PM
Un**** ing real..

I'm close to making it a blockbuster night. I get so pissed when the Yankees lose, I cannot help myself. I hate being that way but seeing them lose just frustratest the hell out of me to the point I'm in a bad mood.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:19 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am personally against you.

Nothing personal, you understand. :)

I understand my friend
;)

Actually this is going to be blasphemy here, but from a personal standpoint, since I went to Boston University, my three closest friends in life are Sox fans, I was even best man at one of their weddings.

I find it more fun to be friends with the enemy!!
hehe
:)

YASS
08-21-07, 09:19 PM
I know, but I'm talking more about what he did in the minors before that.

He's not this bad. Or at least he wasn't.

Agreed. I don't know if we'll ever see the '05 version of Lester again, but at one point the hype was justified.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:20 PM
I'm close to making it a blockbuster night. I get so pissed when the Yankees lose, I cannot help myself. I hate being that way but seeing them lose just frustratest the hell out of me to the point I'm in a bad mood.

I feel your agony..

NavyTim
08-21-07, 09:21 PM
he boots it - 8-5 sox

NYYDragoon
08-21-07, 09:22 PM
I get so pissed when the Yankees lose, I cannot help myself. I hate being that way but seeing them lose just frustratest the hell out of me to the point I'm in a bad mood.I'm exactly the same. I guess it's because we love our team and the game so much.

What's worse for me is that the Twins, my second team, can't seem to win when I absolutely need them to...

dabomb2045
Im also debating as to whether Im watching the next 2 games....I may just watch the Bronx is Burning at 10 and then pop in a DVD

Nick Day
It's thought that he's had cancer all of last season, though. Before last season, he was, while still having some control problems, a great pitcher. That's where the hype is coming from. This season, he's still recovering from cancer and chemo. This off-season will be the first since the 05 off-season that he will likely be completely healthy.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:23 PM
Mariners just about to blow the doors off..
Bases loaded one out..

BUT the gods smile on us, Johjima bounced into a DP and the Twins get out of it..
!!!

Cmon, mom swing there!!

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 09:24 PM
What is with scrubs like Washburn and Weaver all of a sudden turning into unhittable pitchers?

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:27 PM
It's never because I don't think the Yanks can come back & win (well 9 times out of 10) it's mainly because I get so frustrated & negative when they are losing. I hate being like that so I tend to turn the game off if they're down by a couple in the mid-late innings.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:29 PM
I just watched Jason Kubel stand there and take three straight pitches over the plate. Why am I even bothering to keep track of these games ... the Twins are completely lying down.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:30 PM
the twins remind me of the twins from the movie "Little Big League" you know without actually producing & having a child be the owner/manager.

YASS
08-21-07, 09:33 PM
I understand my friend
;)

Actually this is going to be blasphemy here, but from a personal standpoint, since I went to Boston University, my three closest friends in life are Sox fans, I was even best man at one of their weddings.

I find it more fun to be friends with the enemy!!
hehe

Thanks for taking that post in the spirit in which it was intended.

That was a risky thing for a foreigner like me to say around here. :)

I know what you mean, though. My best friend is a hardcore Yankee fan, and I've always enjoyed the give-and-take.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:36 PM
I have some good friends that are Sox fans but my godparents (live in Mass) are terrible about it. The Yankee-Sox thing between our families was so heated that we couldn't discuss baseball so we would call a truce. It lasted until 2004 when we got phone calls, pictures mocking the yankees, you name it. My godfather (haven't seen in 3 years) comes to my brother's HS graduation, comes right up to me & goes "at least you have the jets coming up" in a smug manner. I was hammered drunk at the time, I'm surprised I kept my trap shut.

Torre Must Go
08-21-07, 09:36 PM
I guess I have to admit that the Mariners are for real and are a legit contender. I thought for sure they'd be out of it by now, but there they are playing great baseball. I guess we're going to have to take care of them ourselves because we're not getting any help lately.

This only puts more pressure on the Yanks to beat the Angels. Just great.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:39 PM
of course, why should Navarro ever get a hit?

Nobody mention his GS. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Carlton Fisk
08-21-07, 09:39 PM
I have some good friends that are Sox fans but my godparents (live in Mass) are terrible about it. The Yankee-Sox thing between our families was so heated that we couldn't discuss baseball so we would call a truce. It lasted until 2004 when we got phone calls, pictures mocking the yankees, you name it. My godfather (haven't seen in 3 years) comes to my brother's HS graduation, comes right up to me & goes "at least you have the jets coming up" in a smug manner. I was hammered drunk at the time, I'm surprised I kept my trap shut.It's crap like this that drives me nuts. When I lived in Baltimore I worked with a couple of big time Yankee fans and we would always go back and forth and have fun with it. After '03 they knew it was a touchy subject and left me alone for a couple of days.

After the '04 ALCS my O's fan co-workers were railing on them and were surprised I didn't join in. When they asked me why I told them it was because I knew how the Yankees fans felt, a loss like that is worse than a kick in the junk.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:43 PM
It's crap like this that drives me nuts. When I lived in Baltimore I worked with a couple of big time Yankee fans and we would always go back and forth and have fun with it. After '03 they knew it was a touchy subject and left me alone for a couple of days.

After the '04 ALCS my O's fan co-workers were railing on them and were surprised I didn't join in. When they asked me why I told them it was because I knew how the Yankees fans felt, a loss like that is worse than a kick in the junk.

I can take a loss (well not really) but I can handle it better if people around me aren't verbally pimp slapping me constantly over it.

I forgot to mention about my godfather, he didn't even say anything to my brother. It was HIS day, no "congratulations" or anything. He would just rip on the yankees to me until him & his wife left.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:43 PM
Twins now doen 3-0 to Seattle, and being the Twins could not score in a brothel with $10,000, I think that game is a lost cause..

TheBamTino24
08-21-07, 09:44 PM
Twins now doen 3-0 to Seattle, and being the Twins could not score in a brothel with $10,000, I think that gane is a lost cause..

LOL

Washburn is another player that dominates us regardless of uniform.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 09:44 PM
Carlos Beltran 3-3, 5RBI but no Randy Johnson & Johnny Damon were the trade target & FA to go after.....

indianyanksfan
08-21-07, 09:45 PM
Carlos Beltran 3-3, 5RBI but no Randy Johnson & Johnny Damon were the trade target & FA to go after.....

dude mets fans are always down on him.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:46 PM

Thanks for that small sample size.

Beltran hasn't impressed me as a Met. At all.

yankeeman61
08-21-07, 09:46 PM
Nice error Pedroia 8-6 now

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:49 PM
Thanks for taking that post in the spirit in which it was intended.

That was a risky thing for a foreigner like me to say around here. :)

I know what you mean, though. My best friend is a hardcore Yankee fan, and I've always enjoyed the give-and-take.

I love the banter between our sides, if it was not for that, then why would we care at all?

At the end of the day, it is baseball. Not life. I always tell my brother, a die hard Mets fan so we have our go arounds as well, win or lose tonight, my mortgage payment is still going to be due in the morning!!!

Most of my friends, as I mentioned know when to let the sleeping dogs lie and I do the same. As long as it never gets personal or in the way of far more serious things, then it is fun.

I knew my 3 Sox fan friends had their priorities straight in 2004. I happened to be undergoing surgery at the time of that ALCS, and those guys made a point of calling and not being in any way obnoxious about what happened. They got their digs in later for sure, but they knew the time and place..

I never forgot that gesture..

yankeeman61
Why isn't Crawford stealing?

NavyTim
Okie-Dokie in the 7th - on to the 8th ; Sox up 8-6

TheBamTino24

Player A: .265/.343/.511, 16/18 SB, 80 K, 51 BB, 24 2B, 3 3B in 409 AB
Player B: .293/.348/.435, 10/13 SB, 47 K, 33 BB, 20 2B, 7 3B in 407 AB

Name the players.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:50 PM
Justin Morneau is a joke.

Kluivert4Ever
08-21-07, 09:50 PM
Morneau can go screw himself.

NavyTim
08-21-07, 09:51 PM
Why isn't Crawford stealing?

good question - - that is a given - even playing "The Bigs" on the Wii - he has yet to be thrown out.

Yankeeah
08-21-07, 09:51 PM
What did Morneau do?

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:52 PM

Frankly he and Mauer don't look like much these days.

aeromac76

Your AL MVP right there, not Jeter..
(yeah riiiiigggghhhhtttt)

sweet_lou_14
What did Morneau do?
Popped out with the bases loaded.

Cuddyer just picked him up though, 3-2 Seattle now.

MassNYYfan
08-21-07, 09:53 PM
I have some good friends that are Sox fans but my godparents (live in Mass) are terrible about it. The Yankee-Sox thing between our families was so heated that we couldn't discuss baseball so we would call a truce. It lasted until 2004 when we got phone calls, pictures mocking the yankees, you name it. My godfather (haven't seen in 3 years) comes to my brother's HS graduation, comes right up to me & goes "at least you have the jets coming up" in a smug manner. I was hammered drunk at the time, I'm surprised I kept my trap shut.

Typical. I never say much about the Yankees/Red Sox and I got all that stuff after 2004, too.

Upton strikes out. Ugh. Everyone at Greenbrier Christian just took the Lord's name in vain, B.J.

Someone get Okajima on MythBusters.

TheBamTino24
Cuddyer picked him up.

aeromac76

Name the players.

Abreu/Beltran???

Kluivert4Ever
Cuddyer baby!

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 09:54 PM
Kubel just missed a three-run jack ... foul ball.

TheBamTino24
08-21-07, 09:54 PM
Abreu/Beltran???

Got 1 right. Any other guesses?

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:55 PM
Cuddyer picked him up.

Kubel you need a hit here....

MassNYYfan
08-21-07, 09:55 PM

Name the players.

I'm gonna go with:

A: Carlos Beltran
B: Melky Cabrera

MassNYYfan
08-21-07, 09:56 PM
Cuddyer picked him up.

Alright. At least one of those Chesapeake guys can get a hit when I need one.

TheBamTino24
08-21-07, 09:57 PM
I'm gonna go with:

A: Carlos Beltran
B: Melky Cabrera

Winner.

For the poster that brought up Beltran, would the team be better of spending $15M more on Beltran in 2007 instead of Cabrera?

I'll take the 22 year old for $15M less per season in a lineup that already has Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, Bobby Abreu, Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano, and Jason Giambi.

indianyanksfan
08-21-07, 09:58 PM
Winner.

For the poster that brought up Beltran, would the team be better of spending $15M more on Beltran in 2007 instead of Cabrera?

ding ding ding!

not to mention the fact that he's always hurt. it's 2/3 years he's been banged up.

plus with the way mets fans treat him, he'd get the arod treatment if he performed like that here.

aeromac76
08-21-07, 09:58 PM
Winner.

I'll take the 22 year old for $15M less per season.

ooooohhhhhh, good get!!
and good point!

Yankeeah
08-21-07, 10:00 PM
Who's pitching the 8th for Boston, Gagne?

YASS
08-21-07, 10:00 PM

I'm guessing Okajima comes back for 3 more outs.

Nick Day
08-21-07, 10:02 PM
Edit. Deleted

sweet_lou_14
Carlos Pena just misses a HR, foul.

spyglass
One can only hope.

NavyTim
08-21-07, 10:03 PM
Okie for the 8th - Pap in the 9th

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that small sample size.

Beltran hasn't impressed me as a Met. At all.

Well at least I know I'm not allowed to joke about Carlos beltran now......;)

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:04 PM

Name the players.

Joke. It was a joke.

ajra21
Okie for the 8th - Pap in the 9th

oh well.

sweet_lou_14
Leadoff walk to Pena, tying run at the plate.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 10:05 PM
Well at least I know I'm not allowed to joke about Carlos beltran now......;)

Seriously, I would have never guessed from that post that you were joking ... but I'll take your word for it. :)

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 10:05 PM
Anyone remember the show Unsolved Mysteries? It was on NBC during the 90s. They occassionally would have 1 hour episodes dedicated to certain topics like Aliens, Ghosts, the Afterlife etc

Well we need to bring the show out of retirement and have a special 1 hour episode dedicated to trying to solve the mystery of how Okajima is THIS good

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 10:06 PM
Delmon Young hits one to the deepest part of the park, 1 out.

teammatters
also, sea is winning in the top of the 7th, with 2 on 2 out for sea.

score: 3-2

girardi08
wow, okajima has given up a lot of loud outs the last few days.

CallOfTheCrow
Seriously, I would have never guessed from that post that you were joking ... but I'll take your word for it. :)

Yes I was definitely joking. It's not easy to tell when someone is joking on here. I have the same trouble sometimes.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 10:08 PM
Brendan Harris is not a major leaguer.

TheBamTino24
Anyone remember the show Unsolved Mysteries? It was on NBC during the 90s. They occassionally would have 1 hour episodes dedicated to certain topics like Aliens, Ghosts, the Afterlife etc

Well we need to bring the show out of retirement and have a special 1 hour episode dedicated to trying to solve the mystery of how Okajima is THIS good

LOL I remember that. What was that narrator's name? He also played a role in the famed Beavis and Butthead movie.

Creepy music.

NavyTim
Pap coming in for 4 outs -

TheBamTino24
JGomes could kiss one here.

EDIT: Papelbon coming in for a 4 out save. Forget the HR.

sweet_lou_14
Sphincter-face comes in to get the last four outs in Tampa.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:09 PM
hideki okiedokie annoys me.

YASS
08-21-07, 10:10 PM
LOL I remember that. What was that narrator's name? He also played a role in the famed Beavis and Butthead movie.

Creepy music.

That was Robert Stack.

Papelbon on to get the 4 out save. This is his second inning-spanning appearance in a week. That's a sign of the apocalypse.

BonusCantos
08-21-07, 10:11 PM
Predicted every bit of that last Harris AB. Take a strike down the middle, take a strike down the middle, swing at a bad pitch out of guilt for taking 2 pitches down the middle.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 10:12 PM
Predicted every bit of that last Harris AB. Take a strike down the middle, take a strike down the middle, swing at a bad pitch out of guilt for taking 2 pitches down the middle.

EDIT: That was a horrible AB, and indicative of the level of play I've come to expect from him.

spyglass
08-21-07, 10:13 PM
The Mariners have three runs on FOURTEEN hits.

How is that possible?

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:14 PM
stupid minnesota with their plentiful lakes.

BonusCantos
08-21-07, 10:16 PM
EDIT: That was a horrible AB, and indicative of the level of play I've come to expect from him.
Well I saw those first 2 strikes, and I said aloud "now he's going to throw a pitch away and you're going to swing at it because you're an idiot."

I don't have anything against the guy, but look who turned out to be right.

teammatters
08-21-07, 10:16 PM
does anyone know when the yanks game is on? I live in MD and I watch on gameday. It still says warmups, but on yankees.com it says gametime: 10:05pm

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:17 PM
does anyone know when the yanks game is on? I live in MD and I watch on gameday. It still says warmups, but on yankees.com it says gametime: 10:05pm

try yahoo sports or cbssportsline.com

BonusCantos
08-21-07, 10:17 PM
The Yankees game is on right now...I'm too drained to watch it now.

dabomb2045
08-21-07, 10:18 PM
The Yankees game is on right now...I'm too drained to watch it now.

I cant watch these games vs Anaheim. I just have no confidence at all in being able to win...not to mention watching games against them are not enjoyable cuz you are always negative.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:19 PM
I shouldn't watch them for the sake of my blood pressure & short temper but I can't pull myself away.

sweet_lou_14
08-21-07, 10:19 PM
Oops, wrong thread!

NavyTim
08-21-07, 10:20 PM
Papi walks, 1 out - top 9 - Manny up

NavyTim
08-21-07, 10:21 PM
Manny DP - bottom 9 ; 8-6 boston

BonusCantos
08-21-07, 10:22 PM
I cant watch these games vs Anaheim. I just have no confidence at all in being able to win...not to mention watching games against them are not enjoyable cuz you are always negative.
I suppose I'll check in later, but I'm pretty damn exhausted from all the things I've been doing today. I don't know if I can take the extra aggravation.

NavyTim
08-21-07, 10:23 PM
Abreu almost cost 2 runs by not moving from Melky calling him off. 2nd and 3rd - 1 out, no score....yet

NavyTim
08-21-07, 10:25 PM
Bos: 1 out up 8-6

NYY: 2-0 LAA 1 out bottom 1

Casey at the Bat
08-21-07, 10:28 PM
seattle scores two cause Punto forgets to pick up a baseball after it is kicked out of his hand while breaking up a double play.

5-2 seattle

Casey at the Bat
08-21-07, 10:30 PM
6-3 after a RBI double by Beltre

Yankeeah
08-21-07, 10:32 PM
How the sh!t do you walk Richie Sexson?

hatfieldms
08-21-07, 10:33 PM

so you are judging a move we made on one game? never mind he is batting .264 with 74 rbi's this year with an obp of .375. this one good game is the reason we should have signed him!

nycdoc999
08-21-07, 10:37 PM
Well, the Minnesota pen wet the bed today - seems like the Ms don't lose, do they?

That and Tampa being little help makes these games with LAAAAAAAAA so vital - unfortunately, we have Mussina pitching today. How long before we move him to the pen and put Kennedy in his spot? (jk)

Yankeeah
08-21-07, 10:38 PM
Moose would refuse to go to the pen. He's a creature of habit.

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:39 PM
so you are judging a move we made on one game? never mind he is batting .264 with 74 rbi's this year with an obp of .375. this one good game is the reason we should have signed him!

Or you could have dug a little deeper, checked down a few more posts & saw me say that I was joking twice. ;)

Thanks for trying to be a wise guy though. Gave me a chuckle.

MassNYYfan
08-21-07, 10:43 PM
It feels like we could win the rest of our games and somehow still not make the playoffs.

Freakin' Mariners? Seriously? Did they bring back "Refuse to Lose"?

hatfieldms
08-21-07, 10:45 PM
Or you could have dug a little deeper, checked down a few more posts & saw me say that I was joking twice. ;)

Thanks for trying to be a wise guy though. Gave me a chuckle.

whoops. I never made it past your post. just saw it and responded. sorry

CallOfTheCrow
08-21-07, 10:45 PM
whoops. I never made it past your post. just saw it and responded. sorry

All good my man, all good.

hatfieldms
08-22-07, 12:34 AM
once again mark my words. After tomorrow night we will be 3.5 out of the wild card. That is a whole lot of ground to make up considering we will be 5 back in the loss column

MassNYYfan
08-22-07, 12:39 AM
10 RBI from a washed up Garrett Anderson.

Embarrassing. Humiliating.

Sickening.

BonusCantos
08-22-07, 02:16 AM
The offense did its damn job tonight.

-tz
08-22-07, 02:17 AM
once again mark my words. After tomorrow night we will be 3.5 out of the wild card. That is a whole lot of ground to make up considering we will be 5 back in the loss columnNothing like predicting a loss 24 hours in advance.

ajra21
08-22-07, 06:56 AM
what concerns me is, that the seattle mariners have a better record than us.

YankeeinCT
08-22-07, 06:59 AM
10 RBI from a washed up Garrett Anderson.

Embarrassing. Humiliating.

Sickening.

I agree but maybe this is the last time Anderson will score any runs this year.

ajra21
08-22-07, 07:02 AM
when i see the words "runs", "embarrassing", "humiliating", "sickening", "garrett" and "anderson", the pictures in my head have nothing to do with baseball.

Kluivert4Ever
08-22-07, 01:25 PM
Grand slam by Cuddyer, 4-0 Twins.

justtxyank
08-22-07, 01:26 PM
Finally Minnesota scores some runs

TheDozen

Guess I'm not the only one watching MLB.TV at work. :)

NYKforever
I knew the only way to get Seattle to lose was to pick up one of their starters on my fantasy team.

You're welcome, guys.

TheDozen
08-22-07, 01:27 PM
I knew the only way to get Seattle to lose was to pick up one of their starters on my fantasy team.

You're welcome, guys.

Taking one for the team! It's much appreciated. :D

NYKforever
08-22-07, 01:29 PM
Taking one for the team! It's much appreciated. :D

No worries, I knew I would be happy one way or another. Ok, Miguel...let's not give up too much now. My ERA can only take so much of a beating. :P

NYKforever
08-22-07, 01:31 PM
Good lord, I didn't sign up for this.

Kluivert4Ever
08-22-07, 01:32 PM
5-0 Twins, come on keep pounding em.

R.V.47
Are the Mariners actually losing? Is this possible?

Janttje
Finally.. Hope this is the first of many poundings :P

Kluivert4Ever
08-22-07, 01:33 PM
6-0 Twins.

Kluivert4Ever
08-22-07, 01:34 PM
Would feel so much better to be just 2 GB instead of 3GB entering tonights game.

nemo
08-22-07, 01:34 PM
6-0

only the first inning thouh

MassNYYfan
08-22-07, 01:35 PM

Hell yes. Atta boy, Cuddyer.

NYKforever
08-22-07, 01:37 PM
Ok so after one inning, Miguel Batista increased my season ERA in Rotisserie Fantasy baseball by .05 points all by himself.

But it didn't cost me a fantasy point yet!! Awesome, now please don't let him come out there anymore.

nyyfan11111
08-22-07, 01:42 PM
Maybe we can gain a game today

kirbivore
08-22-07, 03:24 PM
Nathan in with a 4 run lead. Imagine this place if Joe did that.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-22-07, 03:26 PM
Anyway, hopefully the Red Sox lose and we win, and we can all just pretend last night never happened.

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 03:27 PM
Don't fail us, Nathan.

NYKforever
08-22-07, 03:28 PM
Mariners lose, THAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mariners LOSE!!!!!!!!!

kirbivore
08-22-07, 03:29 PM
Twins win! Yah, Twins win!

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 03:29 PM
knights of columbus, mariners lose!

frostdude1
08-22-07, 04:42 PM
yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaa .... we gotta win tonight :D

paullio
08-22-07, 04:50 PM
Lackey rolled over for the Red Sox in his last start...hopefully he'll do the same tonight. I have no doubts that our lineup is better than theirs and that Pettitte can hold the Angels to 4 runs. And I believe Joba and Mo will be available tonight.

mhmajp
08-22-07, 04:52 PM
knights of columbus, mariners lose!

Zues' beard and Odin's raven, the Twins win! :D

-tz
08-22-07, 05:24 PM
Mariners lose, THAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mariners LOSE!!!!!!!!!Is that even legal? :eek:

MassNYYfan
08-22-07, 05:25 PM
Mariners lose, THAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mariners LOSE!!!!!!!!!

No, they refuse.

spyglass
08-22-07, 07:08 PM
The Mariners LOST? Did hell freeze over or something?

girardi08
08-22-07, 07:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=270822201

look at the lines of the first two pitches for the birds. why can other teams hit them and not us?

YanksFan1992
08-22-07, 07:22 PM
Well if the Mariners can lose maybe the Sox can to!!!

Here we go Tampa here we go

YanksFan1992
08-22-07, 07:40 PM
Wow Texas scored 5 in the 4th, 9 in the 6th and 6 in the 8th and is beating Baltimore 20-3:eek:

NavyTim
08-22-07, 07:43 PM
After 2- no score in TB

YASS
08-22-07, 07:45 PM
Wow Texas scored 5 in the 4th, 9 in the 6th and 6 in the 8th and is beating Baltimore 20-3:eek:

Kason Gabbard shouldn't complain about run support. :)

The odd thing is that they got to Cabrera for 6 runs, but he only walked one. Apparently, he wasn't wild enough to be effective.

girardi08
08-22-07, 07:51 PM
wow, what a joke on that check swing call

girardi08
08-22-07, 07:52 PM
this ump is getting paid under the table.

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 07:53 PM
I wonder if espn will ever make mention of Boston getting to play Tampa so much at the end of the season. Or do they only have a problem when the Yankees having an easy stretch of games?

NavyTim
08-22-07, 07:54 PM
FYI: Tom Brady is a dad. Baby Boy. (news to fill in while waiting for a strike from a TB pitcher)

spyglass
08-22-07, 07:57 PM
Meanwhile, it's 24-3 in Baltimore.

CallOfTheCrow
http://i15.tinypic.com/66oxdmx.jpg

congrats tom!

26 and counting
Dallas Cowboys are laying the smackdown on the Baltimore Ravens in the 4th quarter. 24-3.

girardi08
08-22-07, 07:58 PM
good job by jackson to get out of that inning after the umps tried everything in their power to make that a big inning for boston. i've been very impressed with jackson lately, his stuff is terrific.

BonusCantos
08-22-07, 07:59 PM
Dallas Cowboys are laying the smackdown on the Baltimore Ravens in the 4th quarter. 24-3.
The whole night has been a Maalox moment for Leo Mazzone.

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:00 PM
(NOTE: This just in. Audio recorded immediately after the birth of QBjr.)

"Hey Bridgette, Wow! We did it. He looks just like me! You are wonderful Bridgette! Are you going to be ok now?, I have to go home and get busy with Giselle. Don't worry, I'll call"

http://www.diamondvues.com/Giselle.jpg

spyglass
08-22-07, 08:01 PM
The whole night has been a Maalox moment for Leo Mazzone.
I would hope that someone is standing by with aspirin and nitro in case he has a heart attack.

Spiker101
08-22-07, 08:03 PM
Meanwhile, it's 24-3 in Baltimore.

What's really funny is that the Orioles once led 3-0.

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:04 PM
The Yankees will outscore the Rangers tonight.

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:04 PM
What's really funny is that the Orioles once led 3-0.

Reminds me of the time the Pats were up 3-0 on da Bears form the 86 SB.

Toaderly
08-22-07, 08:08 PM

I just saw this on EI and thought someone on MASN really messed up with the scoreboard. :lol:

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:11 PM
Reminds me of the time the Pats were up 3-0 on da Bears form the 86 SB.

Also, the Raiders led the Buccaneers 3-0 in SB XXXVII, but Tampa Bay then scored 34 unanswered points.

JDPNYY
08-22-07, 08:13 PM
I just saw this on EI and thought someone on MASN really messed up with the scoreboard. :lol:

26 and counting is an appropriate title for the game right now.

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:14 PM
Cowboys got a safety. It's now 26-3.

Update: Change that to a field goal. 27-3.

A home run now would break the Red Sox's all time record of 29.

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:14 PM
Also, the Raiders led the Buccaneers 3-0 in SB XXXVII, but Tampa Bay then scored 34 unanswered points.

Two - count them - TWO - unbelievable combacks.

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:17 PM
30 runs for Texas!!!! Most runs ever in a single game!!!

Toaderly
08-22-07, 08:17 PM
Cowboys just put up another TD 30-3

Spiker101
08-22-07, 08:18 PM
Cowboys got a safety. It's now 26-3.

Update: Change that to a field goal. 27-3.

A home run now would break the Red Sox's all time record of 29.

If 29 is the major league record, the Rangers just broke it on a three run bomb by Vazquez, 30-3, unbelieveable.

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:18 PM
Shuey has given up nine runs. Every batter that's put that bat on the ball has gotten a hit. But all the outs he got were K's. Except for the last out in the ninth. Really weird.

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:19 PM
If 29 is the major league record, the Rangers just broke it on a three run bomb by Vazquez, 30-3, unbelieveable.

29 is the modern-day record. I forget the year, but the Red Sox defeated the St. Louis Browns 29-4.

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:19 PM
Insane - can they even try not to score a run ?

Spiker101
08-22-07, 08:21 PM
29 is the modern-day record. I forget the year, but the Red Sox defeated the St. Louis Browns 29-4.

Wow.
So many weird things about the numbers, including Paul Shuey throwing two innings and 68 pitches. Or how about the 8-9 hitters combining for 14 RBIs. Just wild.

Toaderly
08-22-07, 08:22 PM
Burres pitched 0.2 of an inning and gave up 8 runs on 8 hits off of 34 pitches. There isn't enough Jack Daniels in the world to erase this game from his mind.

BonusCantos
08-22-07, 08:23 PM
A 30 spot. Wow.

Toaderly
08-22-07, 08:23 PM
26 and counting is an appropriate title for the game right now.

30 and counting - Texas still has another AB.

Spiker101
08-22-07, 08:25 PM
Burres pitched 0.2 of an inning and gave up 8 runs on 8 hits off of 34 pitches. There isn't enough Jack Daniels in the world to erase this game from his mind.

I know. Just looking at the box score is hallucinogenic.

themgmt
30-3... WOW.

first game of a Doubleheader on top of that.. this is the same baltimore team we can't beat?

E-Rod
30 runs in the first game, how many they will need to score to set a new record in a double header?

Spiker101
08-22-07, 08:28 PM
30 runs in the first game, how many they will need to score to set a new record in a double header?

Interesting point. Probably not many since if they score zero they will average 15 runs per game.

jlam
08-22-07, 08:28 PM

Listening to Jim Palmer trying to rationalize was hilarious. "Don't think I've seen 30 unanswered runs"

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:33 PM
End of 4:

BOS 1
TB 0

b-ball-lunachick
08-22-07, 08:35 PM
Listening to Jim Palmer trying to rationalize was hilarious. "Don't think I've seen 30 unanswered runs"

:lol: Even if I saw the game, I probably wouldn't have heard that comment -- I'd be too busy sleeping..Palmer's voice may be the worst monotone in the business....

VanHalen5150
08-22-07, 08:36 PM
and Wes Littleton gets the save for a 30-3 win.

NavyTim
08-22-07, 08:38 PM
and Wes Littleton gets the save for a 30-3 win.

The ultimate kick in the groinage - a save. :D

themgmt
08-22-07, 08:38 PM
3 players with at least 4 hits
6 players with at least 3 hits
9 players with at least 2 hits

29 total hits

2 players with 7 RBIs
4 players with 4+ RBIs

OUCH.

Baltimore only used 4 Pitchers.
Cabrera 6 ER
Bell 7 ER
Burres 8 ER
Shuey 9 ER

26 and counting
08-22-07, 08:40 PM
Papi got thrown out at the plate.:D

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 08:41 PM
fine outing by cabrera.

spyglass
08-22-07, 08:41 PM
Cleveland leading Detroit 8-3.

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 08:45 PM
& tampa felt obligated to acknowledge Garrett Anderson's 10RBI night. Ugh....should be a great rest of the night.

trentonthunder
08-22-07, 09:00 PM
Kason Gabbard got the win for Texas. Maybe Gagne
can blow a save down in Tampa tonight.

While watching the Tampa feed of the game tonight, the announcers
said Matsuzaka is pitching on the 6th day, just like he used to in Japan.
He is looking a lot sharper with the extra rest. Still only 1-0, and Papelbon
and Okie were used last night. So it's got to be Gagne tonight if it stays close.
Stay tuned:)

MassNYYfan
08-22-07, 09:02 PM
I'm was watching the scoreboard til Texas blew it up.

If I were Baltimore I'd just forfeit the 2nd game. ................ it.

And I really hate the fact that the Yankees can't seem to handle a team that just gave up 30 god........... mother................ing runs. Pardon my French.

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 09:03 PM
bobby kielty with a screamin' single, what's that avg now? .206?

yankeeman61
08-22-07, 09:03 PM
The thing that is so maddening about the O's getting pounded is the fact that Cabrera who started that game got hammered the way the Yankees (not Texas) should have hammered him as he was shutting them down......baseball:dunno:

MassNYYfan
08-22-07, 09:04 PM
On the plus side, maybe the Birds would be interested in upgrading their pitching rotation with old friend Mike Mussina? :D

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 09:05 PM
On the plus side, maybe the Birds would be interested in upgrading their pitching rotation with old friend Mike Mussina? :D

Moose, The Farns, & Damon for Guthrie, Bedard, & Markakis.

Just let me dream..:(

sweet_lou_14
08-22-07, 09:11 PM
2-1 Rays!!!!!!!

CallOfTheCrow
08-22-07, 09:12 PM
I love BJ.

-edit-

BJ Upton, that sounded a little........ya know.......

girardi08
B.J Upton!!

BonusCantos
Thank you BJ!

JimmyTheGent
now the bad news, here comes the TB bullpen for the next 3 innings:eek:

Serinty Now~

jlam
08-22-07, 09:13 PM
Looks like Pedroia had to come out due to HBP. He got nailed pretty good. He'll be hurting a few days at the least if not more serious. He was in serious pain.

nnysiny
08-22-07, 09:13 PM
thats a lot of power going the other way. i was hoping it would split the OFers