PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Watching The Scoreboard" Thread 1.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

jeterismyhomeboy
08-07-07, 11:32 PM
Well, we beat up on Detroit like crazy last year, and look where it got us. So I definitely get your point.

But I would like to point out that there was no pine tar involved with any pitchers in those regular season games. Not that it helped, but just saying.

BonusCantos
08-07-07, 11:32 PM
As of right now, the Yankees have a better ExWL (expected winning percentage based on runs scored and runs allowed) than any team in baseball, including the Red Sox. They are the best team in Major League Baseball.
I think it to be true; I suspect the actual record will reflect that in good time.

jeterismyhomeboy
08-07-07, 11:33 PM
Kyle Synder has a 2.50 ERA? :wtf:

ERA is an overrated stat for relief pitchers. Just ask Mike Myers.

susieb8020
08-07-07, 11:34 PM
almost at 5 games. i'm just giddy!

BonusCantos
08-07-07, 11:35 PM
Good. Let's have some more quick innings so I can go to bed.

MassNYYfan
08-07-07, 11:35 PM
As of right now, the Yankees have a better ExWL (expected winning percentage based on runs scored and runs allowed) than any team in baseball, including the Red Sox. They are the best team in Major League Baseball.

You should tell that to Kruk, Wilbon and Kornheiser who all acted miffed beyond belief that they even had to discuss if the Red Sox should be worried about the Yankees and who was the better team right now.

BonusCantos
08-07-07, 11:38 PM
You should tell that to Kruk, Wilbon and Kornheiser who all acted miffed beyond belief that they even had to discuss if the Red Sox should be worried about the Yankees and who was the better team right now.
Even Tim Kurkjian (normally a pretty level analyst) said a month ago "they're not catching the Red Sox, period."

If the lead drops to 5 with over a month and a half to go, and it looks like it will, can he be too sure of that?

Gringaloca
08-07-07, 11:38 PM
almost at 5 games. i'm just giddy!

And here I am...already thinking about tomorrow nights' matchups...:)

Wang vs Halladay Yanks@TO

Lester vs Moseley RedSox@LAA..

I'm looking at it being down to 4 on Thursday morning...:D :D (no jinx..just fact)..

Big Game Andy
08-07-07, 11:39 PM
Clutch strikeout by Ortiz.

dabomb2045
08-07-07, 11:39 PM
Here's what that punk ass biatch Josh Towers had to say after the game:

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle (Overbay) and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

Wow. Nothing like talking trash about someone when you are barely a major leaguer. Nice job Josh.

CallOfTheCrow
08-07-07, 11:40 PM
lol @ couldn't hack it. What a punk.

Oh yeah, great game tonight, Josh.

BonusCantos
08-07-07, 11:41 PM
Pena and Bowa could kick his ass.

idle spectator guy
08-07-07, 11:44 PM
i never liked the Angels that much, but after seeing what they've been doing to the Red Sox, I like them quite a lot! :D hope they can sweep :P

-tz
08-07-07, 11:45 PM
Abraham (http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/2007/08/08/bnds-passes-aaron/) on "B*nds":

There are only three words I can think of:

Stay healthy Alex.

-tz
08-07-07, 11:46 PM
Crisp flies out, Manny stranded at 2B.

CallOfTheCrow
08-07-07, 11:46 PM
atta boy bootcheck.

Seth
08-07-07, 11:47 PM
He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it.

Some would say about your pitching that you can't hack it too, Josh.

Nuke LaLoosh
08-07-07, 11:49 PM
Last licks coming up for the Sawx. Bottom of the order. (edited) 6 run deficit at best.

susieb8020
08-07-07, 11:53 PM
10-4 angels on a gary matthews homer!

BonusCantos
08-07-07, 11:55 PM
Stop prolonging the inevitable!

jeterismyhomeboy
08-07-07, 11:55 PM
So, in the end, I've decided that I like the Angels. Just a teeny, tiny bit though. Not enough to make me watch a game where they aren't playing the Yankees or the Red Sox (unless it's an off day).

You may continue the offensive barrage if you wish.

sweet_lou_14
08-07-07, 11:59 PM
Stop prolonging the inevitable!

If they score 10 more runs can the Yankees gain two games? ;)

Seriously, this is the only time I root for the Angels, when they play the Red Sox.

(It should be noted that one more win tomorrow and the Angels would tie the Red Sox in the loss column.)

sweet_lou_14
08-08-07, 12:05 AM
Five Games Back

BonusCantos
The Yankees are the closest they have been to the Red Sox since April 25 when they trailed by 4.5 games.

-tz
High five ... ;)

CallOfTheCrow
08-08-07, 12:06 AM
Lugo swinging a thunderous stick goes down for the 3rd out. :)

susieb8020
High five ... ;)

Slap!

MassNYYfan
5 back.

I can use my other hand for something better than counting the Yankees defecit in the division now.

:looking:

(man that one must look like a Josh Towers 86 mph medium-speed ball coming right down the middle)

TheInfallibleOne
08-08-07, 12:07 AM
sosh must be going crazy...6 games against us and theyre fading fast. if we finish the sweep, and they lose again, all out panic will ensue in boston.

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 12:08 AM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/MiB1328/borat2.jpg

I like!

CallOfTheCrow
08-08-07, 12:09 AM

I like!

Worst movie ever.

BonusCantos
08-08-07, 12:09 AM
If I were them, I'd be on the cusp of panic button time. If the deficit falls to 4 anytime soon, Maalox sales will increase in MA by 75%.

Nuke LaLoosh
08-08-07, 12:11 AM
sosh must be going crazy...6 games against us and theyre fading fast. if we finish the sweep, and they lose again, all out panic will ensue in boston.

The top thread on SOSH is "all is well" but if you read the comments you don't get the impression the RSN really believes that right now.

Must suck to be 5 up and not having fun. We are still looking up in the Division and WC and I am having a great time.

:D

DEADSOX
08-08-07, 12:14 AM
Let's make it 4 tomorrow night, Go Angels!

Did I just say that?

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 12:15 AM
The top thread on SOSH is "all is well" but if you read the comments you don't get the impression the RSN really believes that right now.

Must suck to be 5 up and not having fun. We are still looking up in the Division and WC and I am having a great time.

:D

I can't get onto the website, so perhaps all is not well, seems like panic mode to me.

dont_ya_know24
08-08-07, 12:18 AM

I like!

very nice!

NYDCYankee
08-08-07, 12:37 AM
I love that the Yankees have the same amount of wins as the Mets right now.

Makes WFAN more enjoyable to listen to.

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 12:43 AM

Makes WFAN more enjoyable to listen to.

Honestly, after hearing for months how superior the Mets are to the Yankees, and how its time for the Yankees fans to take a back seat and let the Mets be the team in New York, it is so sweet to sit back,reminisce, and then do one of those evil villian laughs from the old Bond films.

NYDCYankee
08-08-07, 12:57 AM
Yankee fans giving it to Steve Somers. Good stuff.

Somers excited a Met fan caught Barry's ball. It's all he can be happy about.

Squid
08-08-07, 12:58 AM
Five.

frostdude1
08-08-07, 01:41 AM
who wants to laugh ? :D

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ml-redsox

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 01:44 AM
who wants to laugh ? :d

Nice chuckle, thanks. One guy actually uses the term "gauntlet" to refer to the games coming up for the Yankees. Another guy is citing baseball experts who say the Red Sox are the gold standard and the best team in baseball. It's really quite a trip.

Sam18
08-08-07, 02:47 AM
ROFL this thread is GOLD: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-redsox&tid=221129

jeterismyhomeboy
08-08-07, 03:01 AM
ROFL this thread is GOLD: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-redsox&tid=221129

It's incredible. It's a full-blown meltdown. I must look like a goofball right now, smiling at the screen like I am. Sox fans freak out when they wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Can't wait til we're within 4.

Sam18
08-08-07, 03:05 AM
It's incredible. It's a full-blown meltdown. I must look like a goofball right now, smiling at the screen like I am. Sox fans freak out when they wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Lol that reminds me of April-July here. HOW DARE YOU SHOW OPTIMISM!!!1
I think one of those posters is a Yankee troll.

NYDCYankee
08-08-07, 03:14 AM
That guy has to be a troll.

Sam18
08-08-07, 03:18 AM
That guy has to be a troll.

Idk man, I'm not so sure. He reeks of the sox version of Mattpat.

NYDCYankee
08-08-07, 03:20 AM
Idk man, I'm not so sure. He reeks of the sox version of Mattpat.

Hilarious. It could be a bizarro Mattpat.

Centerhero
08-08-07, 03:23 AM
Honestly, after hearing for months how superior the Mets are to the Yankees, and how its time for the Yankees fans to take a back seat and let the Mets be the team in New York, it is so sweet to sit back,reminisce, and then do one of those evil villian laughs from the old Bond films.There never will be a back seat available for Yankee fans because the true spirit of NY is the Yankees. The Yankees were New York heroes before there were any heroes.

Ain't this fun?

Dynasties R Forever
08-08-07, 06:30 AM
who wants to laugh ? :D

Man that was some good stuff!

ajra21
08-08-07, 06:33 AM

if we can get it to 4 going into the next red sox series, it's gonna be fun!

trentonthunder
08-08-07, 06:38 AM
I love the way people react to these hot and cold streaks.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.

trentonthunder
08-08-07, 06:39 AM

4 was my number too. I thought it would be a needed number when
the Red Sox travel to Baltimore this Friday, and we meet Cleveland.

It looks like we could get to that number tonight.
We can not go to 6 tonight in my opinion.

ajra21
08-08-07, 06:43 AM
4 was my number too. I thought it would be a needed number when
the Red Sox travel to Baltimore this Friday, and we meet Cleveland.

It looks like we could get to that number tonight.
We can not go to 6 tonight in my opinion.

for the first time this season, i'm thinking of the division and not only the wild card.

i fully expect to beat the red sox over the remaining series (i know, i know).

just keep winning series.

NYIndian2005
08-08-07, 07:35 AM
I am really sick of hearing this crap from non-yankee fans about how we are a good team now only because we are beating up on the 2nd tier AL teams. I really hope the yankees hear all this and come ready to play starting August 10th. The series against Cleveland, Detroit and LA are going to decide things for us.

sweet_lou_14
08-08-07, 07:46 AM
I love the way people react to these hot and cold streaks.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.

.750 ball since the ASB and probably the best record in MLB over the last couple of months. What's the right reaction for that?

ajra21
08-08-07, 07:47 AM

reminds me of this board at the end of april.

sweet_lou_14
08-08-07, 07:48 AM
I am really sick of hearing this crap from non-yankee fans about how we are a good team now only because we are beating up on the 2nd tier AL teams. I really hope the yankees hear all this and come ready to play starting August 10th. The series against Cleveland, Detroit and LA are going to decide things for us.

You play the schedule, and our schedule has included plenty of games against the top of the league. The Yankees have finished their slate against Minnesota and Oakland, two teams likely to rack up their share of wins against the other contenders over the last two months. They have only three left against Seattle, Cleveland, and LAA.

Detroit is the only team they haven't faced. And frankly, Tiger fans should be far more worried about that test than we should.

ajra21
08-08-07, 07:50 AM
You play the schedule, and our schedule has included plenty of games against the top of the league. The Yankees have finished their slate against Minnesota and Oakland, two teams likely to rack up their share of wins against the other contenders over the last two months. They have only three left against Seattle, Cleveland, and LAA.

Detroit is the only team they haven't faced. And frankly, Tiger fans should be far more worried about that test than we should.

no wants to play us at the moment. no one.

KLJ
08-08-07, 07:52 AM
I am really sick of hearing this crap from non-yankee fans about how we are a good team now only because we are beating up on the 2nd tier AL teams.
i am a yankee fan and i think there is something to that.. the yankees are playing bad teams and doing exactly what they should be doing.. winning.. the schedule gets a lot more difficult coming up.. let's hope they can keep playing good baseball and win 55%-60% of these games..

The series against Cleveland, Detroit and LA are going to decide things for us.
i don't think these series will decide the season.. way to much baseball left

ajra21
08-08-07, 07:55 AM
i am a yankee fan and i think there is something to that.. the yankees are playing bad teams and doing exactly what they should be doing.. winning.. the schedule gets a lot more difficult coming up.. let's hope they can keep playing good baseball and win 55%-60% of these games..

i don't think these series will decide the season.. way to much baseball left

games against boston, LAA, cleveland and detroit will decide the season because they are a big part of this season, plus we're figthing directly against these teams.

KLJ
08-08-07, 07:58 AM
games against boston, LAA, cleveland and detroit will decide the season because they are a big part of this season, plus we're figthing directly against these teams.
unless there are sweeps involved, these series aren't going to decide anything

TheDynasty26
08-08-07, 08:01 AM

Yup, i dont care who you are, you do NOT want this team in the other dugout right now. We have gotten to back to where any player can win a game for us. At the beginning of this year we couldnt find a way to win. If the pitching was good, wed lose 2-1, if we hit wed lose 9-7. Now we can win in so many different ways, we can jump on them early, weve made late combacks, our pitching can dominate, our bullpen has settled down, our bench is rejuvinated, we hit homers, we play small ball, clutch hitting... i mean i could go on and on. Since the addition of Roger, we have really turned it on. I would like to see video of the yanks clubhouse before a game the second week in May, and one now. I bet they are alot more relaxed, laid back, and enjoying themselves, and that as much as anythign is a recipie for good baseball.

parkerstrong
08-08-07, 08:05 AM
The Yankees have scored 6,5,6,4,3,4,6,3,8,9,6,6 against the Red Sox in head-to-head games. Our offense was never the problem when we played the Red Sox....it was our awful pitching. Now with Clemens and Hughes in the rotation our pitching is alot better.

Averaging 5.5 runs a game against Boston this year is high quality offense....espically since the lowest total in a game is 3 runs.

Can't wait to play Boston.

NewEraYanks2527
08-08-07, 08:10 AM
Yup, i dont care who you are, you do NOT want this team in the other dugout right now. We have gotten to back to where any player can win a game for us. At the beginning of this year we couldnt find a way to win.

I think that is pretty spot on. I remember in the begining of the season watching and when the opposition scored a run I got that sick feeling in my stomach because that is just how the season was going. I think a game that was a bigger win then we realize is the one on Monday when the Yankees were trailing and getting beat by a pitcher who had good stuff and they could not get a guy in. Then they rallied and HELD on to the lead.

simmy886
08-08-07, 08:24 AM

"relax... the yankees are surving up more homeruns and hiting the cream cheese out of the baseball and there pitching is winning them games, our team is playing worse then the devil rays and you want us to relax... righ now this team our team doesnt deserve to be in the little league world series.
i hope your right and that the yankees are not hitting there stride and that we will be ok!
then again pats start preseason games real soon!!!"

panic mode?

knickfan23
08-08-07, 08:25 AM

Well to be fair, we have been beating up some scrub pitching. I mean think about like this, based on everything that happened in the first 80 games of the season, it would seem kind of odd for us to predict that the Yanks were going to win 21 of 28 games after the ASB. Yet, that is exactly what we thought would happen based on these bad teams. The winning percentage is certainly going to go down in this next stretch of games simply because they are playing better teams. I find it highly unlikely the Yanks are going to play .750 ball against teams like BOS, DET, LAA and CLE like they have done here so far.

We knew they were going to have a chance to "fatten up" and that's exactly what they did. And when September comes up, they will fatten up some more.

keg411
08-08-07, 08:28 AM

I so should have made that "bet" with my dad again. Oh well.

As for the Tigers -- yes, they are still good and they're still the AL champs. However, their bullpen is not the same 'pen it was before and the Yankees have done a great job making mincemeat of bad pitching over the stretch of weak teams. If the starters can simply keep the Yankees in the game, they have a good shot against Seattle, Cleveland and Detroit (though Seattle has a great 'pen, their offense is the worst of the contenders). The 3 games with the Angels??? Still likely a nightmare.

spyglass
08-08-07, 08:28 AM
If we could even manage to get it down to 3? Can you even imagine the panic in New England? That would be sweet. :D

ajra21
08-08-07, 08:30 AM
unless there are sweeps involved, these series aren't going to decide anything

hhhmmmmm ...

all these teams are more than capable of sweeping each other in a three games series. it is also more the possible that we could lose each series. that will prevent us from going to the playoffs.

therefore, these series will play a huge part in the course and destination of this season.

NewEraYanks2527
08-08-07, 08:39 AM
Well to be fair, we have been beating up some scrub pitching. I mean think about like this, based on everything that happened in the first 80 games of the season, it would seem kind of odd for us to predict that the Yanks were going to win 21 of 28 games after the ASB. Yet, that is exactly what we thought would happen based on these bad teams. The winning percentage is certainly going to go down in this next stretch of games simply because they are playing better teams. I find it highly unlikely the Yanks are going to play .750 ball against teams like BOS, DET, LAA and CLE like they have done here so far.

We knew they were going to have a chance to "fatten up" and that's exactly what they did. And when September comes up, they will fatten up some more.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, these "scrub teams" the Yankees are beating ar teams that have given Boston as well as Detroit amoung others a hard time. Take a look at the Kansas City Royals.

Before running into the Yankees, and I do mean immediately before that the Royals had taken 2 out of 3 from Boston in Fenway and 2 out of 3 from Detroit but dropped 2 out of 3 to Cleveland, before the All-Star break they had taken 2 out of 3 from Seattle.

How about the Blue Jays, in July they split with Boston (2 out of 4) took 2 of 3 from Oakland, Cleveland and Seattle. These two "scrub teams" seem to have a winning record against the teams that are in contention for the playoffs.

parkerstrong
08-08-07, 09:26 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, these "scrub teams" the Yankees are beating ar teams that have given Boston as well as Detroit amoung others a hard time. Take a look at the Kansas City Royals.

Before running into the Yankees, and I do mean immediately before that the Royals had taken 2 out of 3 from Boston in Fenway and 2 out of 3 from Detroit but dropped 2 out of 3 to Cleveland, before the All-Star break they had taken 2 out of 3 from Seattle.

How about the Blue Jays, in July they split with Boston (2 out of 4) took 2 of 3 from Oakland, Cleveland and Seattle. These two "scrub teams" seem to have a winning record against the teams that are in contention for the playoffs.

I agee. We are beating the teams we should be and people are holding against us.

Abe Frohman
08-08-07, 09:55 AM
they're holding it against us because many people genuinely do not want to see the Yanks succeed, finding any excuse when we actually do.

gold23
08-08-07, 10:10 AM
I am getting real excited about the division. Boston has a bunch of question marks in the rotation. Wakefield has not been any good for a while, but he is realistically a #4 or #5. Beckett and Matsuzaka have been consistently good to excellent. However.....Schilling is likely to be what he has been. An inconsistent, middle of the rotation type of pitcher. He'll throw strikes like mad, and never beat himself. But his stuff is now mediocre in terms of everything but command. When he's not pinpoint, he will get mutilated. Lester has yet to prove he can consistently put up solid starts. He's inconsistent- and has been since the day he was promoted last season. They have a wonderful back end of the pen, which will keep them from losing games they shouldn't lose. Pitching is very solid- but it's not as good as many are being led to believe.

Offensively is another story. While Ortiz has shown some power as of late, he's certainly not David Ortiz. Manny is likely to be himself down the stretch. However....Lowell was ON FIRE in the first half. But as he does every single year of his career (it's really amazing how consistently he falters), he is beginning his spiral downwards. That offense scares nobody- and is no longer capable of putting together consistent pressure on opponents.

The Yanks have enough problems of their own....but the blood is for the first time this season in the water.

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 10:18 AM
they're holding it against us because many people genuinely do not want to see the Yanks succeed, finding any excuse when we actually do.

So true, but bottom line is, now that we are heading into a few games against "better teams", we need to win those games as well, or this run is all for nothing.

SheffRocks11
08-08-07, 10:21 AM
5 back!

JeterForPresident
08-08-07, 02:13 PM
From bostondirtdogs.com or something like that. I found it humorous, figured I would share, sorry if it was posted before.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/MiB1328/closer.jpg

simmy886
08-08-07, 02:18 PM
I am getting real excited about the division. Boston has a bunch of question marks in the rotation. Wakefield has not been any good for a while, but he is realistically a #4 or #5. Beckett and Matsuzaka have been consistently good to excellent. However.....Schilling is likely to be what he has been. An inconsistent, middle of the rotation type of pitcher. He'll throw strikes like mad, and never beat himself. But his stuff is now mediocre in terms of everything but command. When he's not pinpoint, he will get mutilated. Lester has yet to prove he can consistently put up solid starts. He's inconsistent- and has been since the day he was promoted last season. They have a wonderful back end of the pen, which will keep them from losing games they shouldn't lose. Pitching is very solid- but it's not as good as many are being led to believe.

Very well put. I had an eerily similar analysis of those 5 which I accidentally erased and wasn't in the mood to rewrite. You did a much better job anyway, especially the last line. It is a good rotation, but some people will have you believe those guys are all cy young contenders who do nothing but dominate (at absolute best, that is only Beckett and maybe Matsuzaka).
To be honest I'd take the yankees 5 the rest of the way.

Squid
08-08-07, 03:12 PM
Oh, man, I think this is my favorite post so far from that mlb.com forum:

>>>

We deserve all the Yankee Fans coming here and talking whatever they want to talk about us. Once again we are proving that we are just the Red Sox of old... We are getting ready to give up the lead. I guess this what we are destined to do every year. After all the garbage we talk to Yankee fans we fail to remember that we go through this every stinking year..... The Red Sox have the lead and always GIVE IT UP. Our guys need to dig deep in their souls and play the kind of baseball they are capable of. I'm so sick and tired of our guys having a lead and they taking it easy..... HASN'T HISTORY TAUGHT US ANYTHING..... THE YANKEES ARE A GREAT TEAM AND THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE AT THE END!!!!!!!!!! What good is a 10, 11, or a 12 game lead do for us in July when in Aug or Sept. we just give up that lead to the Yankees.
We can not take it easy with ANY lead, not only in the AL but even more so in the AL East. The Yankees are going to take over the AL from us, and when that happens we really do deserve all the garbage they talk to us. They will once again prove that they are the better team. Don't get me wrong, I love the Red Sox but again they break my heart just about every year. For the Yankees to have been in the position they were in early in the season and come back the way they have they deserve props and respect....

Janttje
08-08-07, 03:22 PM
^^ I Agree with the guy who posted it :P

Workhorse
08-08-07, 03:24 PM
Offensively is another story. While Ortiz has shown some power as of late, he's certainly not David Ortiz. Manny is likely to be himself down the stretch. However....Lowell was ON FIRE in the first half. But as he does every single year of his career (it's really amazing how consistently he falters), he is beginning his spiral downwards. That offense scares nobody- and is no longer capable of putting together consistent pressure on opponents.

Over the last 30 days, the Red Sox have hit .289/,365/.446 (vs. .277/.360/.439 for all of 2007) and scored the second most runs in the AL behind the Yankees.

It's just that ANY offense looks weak right now compared to the way the Yankees are murdering the ball.

BonusCantos
08-08-07, 03:35 PM
Over the last 30 days, the Red Sox have hit .289/,365/.446 (vs. .277/.360/.439 for all of 2007) and scored the second most runs in the AL behind the Yankees.

It's just that ANY offense looks weak right now compared to the way the Yankees are murdering the ball. A little more depth to that: In the last 30, the Yanks have scored 237, by far the most in the major leagues. The next closest is Philadelphia at 195. Boston scored 169 (5th in ML, 2nd in AL). Pretty steep drop-off.

The Yankees are also the only team to win 20 or more of their last 30 games (22, to be exact).

Workhorse
08-08-07, 03:53 PM
Right. But that doesn't mean that the Red Sox lineup "scares nobody" and "doesn't put pressure on opponents". It's still a VERY good lineup and has been all season long. It's just that this current Yankee tear makes every other lineup look impotent by comparison.

BonusCantos
08-08-07, 03:59 PM
Right. But that doesn't mean that the Red Sox lineup "scares nobody" and "doesn't put pressure on opponents". It's still a VERY good lineup and has been all season long. It's just that this current Yankee tear makes every other lineup look impotent by comparison. It's a good lineup, yes. It's just not as good as the Yankees' lineup and it's not as good as the Sox lineup was a few years ago. They'll score their runs.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:20 PM
Well, since tonight's game is currently at a 6 run deficit and a Cy Young winner to climb over, I figure I'd put some time in the ol' Scoreboard Watching Thread.

TB up on WC leading DET 2-1 in the 5th.

CLE CWS 0-0.

BOS/LAA at 10PM

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:26 PM
TB scores another in the 5th.

Bottom 5
TB 3
DET 1

Chacon
08-08-07, 07:30 PM
Do we really have faith in the TB pen to hold that lead? I shouldn't complain since they have given the Yanks a few games but its beyond frustrating being on the other side of things

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:40 PM
Bottom 2
CLE 1
CWS 0

Top 6
TB 3
DET 1

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:47 PM
Navarro hits a 2 run job.

Top 6
TB 5
DET 1

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:50 PM
Bottom 3

CLE 1
CWS 0

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:55 PM
CWS get a hit with RISP.

Bottom 3

CLE 1
CWS 1

Runner on 2nd, 1 out. (double, out, double)

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 07:56 PM
another hit with RISP (konerko)

Bottom 3

CLE 1
CWS 2

Runner on 1st, 1 out.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:01 PM
Top 7 (James Shields DEALING)

TB 5
DET 1

Bottom 4

CLE 1
CWS 2

Bottom 7

SEA 8
BAL 4

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:19 PM
Bottom 5

CLE 1
CWS 2

Top 8 (Shields STILL dealing)

TB 5
DET 1

Bottom 8

SEA 8
BAL 4

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:35 PM
Fields gets caught stealing 3rd (not smart) with Konerko at the plate.

Top 6

CLE 1
CWS 2

Top 8

TB 7
DET 1

I know their bullpen is bad, but Shields is cruising, and DET only has 2 innings left.

Top 9

SEA 8
BAL 4

(BAL loaded the bases in the 8th, but did not score)

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:43 PM
I oughta get hazard pay for watching the CWS broadcast.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:49 PM
Top 9

TB 7
DET 1

Bottom 6 (CLE takes the lead)

CLE 3
CWS 2

Bottom 9

SEA 8
BAL 4

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:53 PM
Final:

Sea 8
Bal 4

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 08:57 PM
Top 7

CLE 3
CWS 2

Bottom 9

TB 7
DET 1

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:01 PM
Grant "Ballfour" Balfour in for TB.

He's got a 10.13 ERA.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:05 PM
EXCUSE ME!

Grant "Strikethree" balfour strikes out the side.

FINAL

TB 7
DET 1

Yanks remain .5 behind DET in the Wild Card.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:06 PM
Bottom 7

CLE 3
CWS 2

MZwerd
08-08-07, 09:07 PM
Hafner left the game with an injured knee

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:08 PM
EDIT: what MZ said.

gregzzy22
08-08-07, 09:09 PM
Tigers were bound for a loss, mariners won again (dont know how), & hopefully the white and red sox do something tonight.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:11 PM
Hawk just said,

"Absolutely no question: Boston pitching staff is so superior to the Yankees' pitching."

I agree they are better, but it isn't THAT much better, hawky-hawk.

He then went on to compare the Indians level of pitching to BOS's.

heh.

heh heh.

heh heh heh.

Ha ha.

HA HA HA HA HA HA....

(tears of laughter)

CanoForPresident
08-08-07, 09:12 PM
What happened to travis hafner?

dabomb2045
08-08-07, 09:12 PM
How the hell does Seattle keep winning games?? This team is NOT GOOD.

jeterismyhomeboy
08-08-07, 09:13 PM
EXCUSE ME!

Grant "Strikethree" balfour strikes out the side.

FINAL

TB 7
DET 1

Yanks remain .5 behind DET in the Wild Card.

That and the way Wang pitched tonight, and I think my brain just exploded.

Big Game Andy
Haha, Lugo is such a bust. He has such awful instincts.

justinvarnes
Top 8

CLE 3
CWS 2

BOS/LAA underway. (1 out no one on top 1st)

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:15 PM
What happened to travis hafner?

He connected on a pitch, then as he was running to first, he pulled up.

Later they said he left the game with a knee injury.

Yankees13
08-08-07, 09:15 PM
Did they say how injured his knee is? As a DH, it'll have to be pretty bad to keep him out of the Yankees series.

Tabata
08-08-07, 09:16 PM
My god do the White Sox suck or what!

Yankees13
08-08-07, 09:18 PM
Following the White Sox-Indians game, it's amazing how far the White Sox have fallen. Terrible offense, terrible bullpen, and average at best starting pitching. 2005 was a looong time ago in Chicago.

Woodshed42
08-08-07, 09:19 PM

No Papi tonight? Is he hurt?

Edit: Yankees13, you might want to reduce the size of your sig.

CanoForPresident
08-08-07, 09:20 PM

Yep, shoulder woes

knickfan23
08-08-07, 09:21 PM
In order for tonight loss to TOR to not be such a downer, we just need DET and BOS to lose. I'm not too concerned about CLE and SEA.

Tigers have lost. Red Sox playing right now.

If we can get out of tonight still only 5 back, that would be great.

Tabata
08-08-07, 09:22 PM

Maybe they could have used some of that $8 million of Lugo's salary to get... I don't know... maybe Porcello? ;)

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:23 PM
Poor Lester. He ALREADY looks exhausted.

Yankees13

Edit: Yankees13, you might want to reduce the size of your sig.
I'll try to reformat it, but I don't think it's that big...

Is it better now?

justinvarnes
LAA continues aggressive baserunning. A single with a runner on 1st leads to 2nd and 3rd 0 out.

Tabata
08-08-07, 09:24 PM
Following the White Sox-Indians game, it's amazing how far the White Sox have fallen. Terrible offense, terrible bullpen, and average at best starting pitching. 2005 was a looong time ago in Chicago.

They were looking the team to beat at the start of last season.

DEADSOX
08-08-07, 09:24 PM
We could really luck out tonight if the Sox lose with Detroit. Screw the indians, we're sweeping them this weekend :D

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 09:25 PM
Nice to see Figgins get hits against somebody other than the Yankees

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:26 PM
LAA continues their aggressive baserunning and runs into the typical 5-3-5 DP.

BUT they score a run.

1-0 LAA. 2 out.

Woodshed42
08-08-07, 09:26 PM
I'll try to reformat it, but I don't think it's that big...

Is it better now?

Looks the same but it's probably just my browser...no worries. Go Angels!

Chone Figgins is a pain in the a$$. I fear him.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-08-07, 09:27 PM
We could really luck out tonight if the Sox lose with Detroit. Screw the indians, we're sweeping them this weekend :D

word. Im almost happy we lost one, because the next stretch is going to be a lot of head to head with our competition, good to get a loss out of the way, when probability dictates it would happen soon, especially on a night where you dont lose ground(hopefully Boston loses)

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:29 PM
Bottom 8 now.

CLE 3
CWS 2

Betancourt replaces Sabathia.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:30 PM
End of 1

BOS 0
LAA 1

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:35 PM
Dye Ties It.

Bottom 8 - 2 outs.

Cle 3
Cws 3

aeromac76
08-08-07, 09:36 PM
Dye hits a bomb, ties game against Cleveland..

dabomb2045
08-08-07, 09:37 PM
There's one time where I enjoyed hearing the Hawk Harrelson HR call

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:37 PM
Man, Varitek has fallen....

.266 with 9 HR's??

to the Bottom of the 2nd:

BOS 0
LAA 1

BroadwayBomber55
08-08-07, 09:38 PM
How the hell does Seattle keep winning games?? This team is NOT GOOD.

The M's are doing well w/RISP and RISP and 2 outs.

DEADSOX
08-08-07, 09:41 PM
This night is turning out to be not as bad as it could have been.

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 09:42 PM
Lester is just terrible. I realize he had cancer, but he's just extremely hittable now.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:43 PM
1st and 3rd 0 out in Anaheim.

Angels looking to add to their lead.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:44 PM
Gonzalez caught stealing for out #3.

Top 9

CLE 3
CWS 3

spyglass
08-08-07, 09:44 PM
If Seattle is the only team we're chasing who wins today, that would be a gift.

metalboy15
08-08-07, 09:45 PM
Lester is just terrible. I realize he had cancer, but he's just extremely hittable now.
Unless he improves his overall control, hes no more than a #4 starter. Im serious.

YASS
The M's are doing well w/RISP and RISP and 2 outs.

That won't last long-term. They're really not very good.

Tabata

He makes Kason Gabbard look Cy Young.

spyglass
Unless he improves his overall control, hes no more than a #4 starter. Im serious.
I might not be remembering properly, but didn't he have tons of trouble with control anyway all of last year?

Kluivert4Ever
Lester has got to be one of the luckiest pitchers in the majors.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-08-07, 09:46 PM
Man, Varitek has fallen....

.266 with 9 HR's??

to the Bottom of the 2nd:

BOS 0
LAA 1

but dont forget his injury was why the Sox collasped last year.;)

YASS

He was a much better pitcher in '05 than he was last year or this year.

He's not throwing well at all today.

DEADSOX
It's like watching the Tor/NY game all over again!

justinvarnes
I'll iterate: Lester looks like evey pitch is a chore. He looks tanked already.

Bottom 2

BOS 0
LAA 2

1st and 2nd, 1 out.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-08-07, 09:48 PM
I might not be remembering properly, but didn't he have tons of trouble with control anyway all of last year?

yup and i believe that was the knock on him in the minors. Although they said he threw a lot harder than he actually does, and hyped his curve up.

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 09:49 PM
I think the Red Sox would be better off with Buchholz in the rotation over Lester...

That being said, here's hoping they keep Lester in the rotation :D

Tabata
Did that come close to hitting him?

Yankees13
At this point he'll be lucky to be a 5th starter for the Red Sox. Last year he looked pretty bad too, when he faced teams who made him pay for putting a ton of runners on. I guess the question is at what point the cancer began to sap his weakness, and if it is still doing so, but I'm not convinced it has affected his pitching.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:50 PM
Between Hawk and the LAA crew this is torture.

JeterRodriguezSheff
That won't last long-term. They're really not very good.

I agree. Basically its going to be 4 teams fighting for 2 playoff fights. The 2 East teams and the 2 central teams. I think the 2 east teams will win out. Although the prospect of another Red Sox Yankee ALCS would seem better in a few years, after it hasnt been done for a while imo.

justinvarnes
Bottom 9

CLE 3
CWS 3

YASS
I think the Red Sox would be better off with Buchholz in the rotation over Lester...

That being said, here's hoping they keep Lester in the rotation :D

If Lester keeps bringing this inadequate level of performance, that might just happen.

The trouble with Buchholz is that he's going to be severely innings limited. I think his inning target this year is somewhere around 155.

JeterRodriguezSheff
08-08-07, 09:52 PM
If Lester keeps bringing this inadequate level of performance, that might just happen.

The trouble with Buchholz is that he's going to be severely innings limited. I think his inning target this year is somewhere around 155.

So hes getting Hughes'd. Damn they are so similiar. Difference being Hughes has better control and command of his fastball and Buchholz has a more consistant change.

justinvarnes
YASS, what's the story with Ortiz's leg injury?

I know he hurt his shoulder on a dive, but are his legs still injured as well?

metalboy15
Yes, but at least he could get away with it, because his stuff back then was a lot better than it is now...

My hope is that he goes back to his 2005 form next year (hes the only Red Sox player that I actually root for).

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:53 PM
Nice diving stop by Lugo to his right. Ball stays in the infield, but now the bases are loaded. 1 out.

Tabata
08-08-07, 09:54 PM
This is going to get ugly for the Sox fast!

Yankees13
Yes, but at least he could get away with it, because his stuff back then was a lot better than it is now...

My hope is that he goes back to his 2005 form next year (hes the only Red Sox player that I actually root for).
Sorry, but I hope he stinks every time he takes the mound for the Sox. It's nothing personal, and it's sad to see him struggle, but the Yankees come first.

metalboy15
No doubt. I agree.

YASS
08-08-07, 09:55 PM
YASS, what's the story with Ortiz's leg injury?

I know he hurt his shoulder on a dive, but are his legs still injured as well?

I haven't heard much about it recently, but he's got a torn meniscus that he's trying to gut out without surgery or DL time. The shoulder is what has him out today, though. It's "inflamed".

I'm sorry, but at this level, players should know better than to set their shoulders on fire.

justinvarnes
Wow, nice running catch in CF for Drew.

Sac fly for Figgins.

BOS 0
LAA 3

Big Game Andy
Sorry, but I hope he stinks every time he takes the mound for the Sox. It's nothing personal, and it's sad to see him struggle, but the Yankees come first.

Agreed, I hope Lester stays healthy and gets bombed every outing and gets sent down to the minors or traded. Nothing personal.

Kluivert4Ever
Great here comes A.J "I have never gotten a big hit in my life" Pierzynski.

spyglass
I have decided that I want him to do very well, but lose every game because the Sox always get shut out.

Because I really do want to root for him, but alas, I have a hard time rooting for the Sox.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:56 PM
I haven't heard much about it recently, but he's got a torn meniscus that he's trying to gut out without surgery or DL time. The shoulder is what has him out today, though. It's "inflamed".

I'm sorry, but at this level, players should know better than to set their shoulders on fire.

Did Ortiz and Damon go to the same school of injury management?

LoweRez
08-08-07, 09:56 PM
Lester has got to be one of the luckiest pitchers in the majors.

I think Zito got about $160 mil to pitch like this. I wish I was left-handed.

YASS
08-08-07, 09:58 PM
Did Ortiz and Damon go to the same school of injury management?

Not really. I don't think it's an ego thing with Ortiz. I think he believes he's the best option, injured or not. And I don't think he's wrong.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 09:59 PM
I wish Hawk and the color guy for LAA would do the FOX games. That would be awesome.

LoweRez
08-08-07, 09:59 PM
I wish Hawk and the color guy for LAA would do the FOX games. That would be awesome.

I'd "get figgy" with it

Tabata
08-08-07, 10:00 PM
51 pitches for Lester so far

justinvarnes
Not really. I don't think it's an ego thing with Ortiz. I think he believes he's the best option, injured or not. And I don't think he's wrong.

I agree with that big difference.

I do feel the same way, however about a trip to the DL early may have a better impact on the season as a whole.

Hawk was SOOOO mad when AJ's long drive went foul. a shame I'm rooting for his team.

YASS
I'd "get figgy" with it

If I hear him say that again, I'm going to need a new TV.

LoweRez
08-08-07, 10:02 PM

amen, brother

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:02 PM
AJ bounces into a DP.

Bonus Cantos! (where is that guy?)

End of Regulation:

CLE 3
CWS 3

aeromac76
08-08-07, 10:03 PM
AJ does himself proud, an inning ending GIDP..
Extra innings in CHI

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:03 PM

Yeah, looking forward to THAT in a few weeks....

Gazelle-like Gary Matthews....

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:04 PM
End of 3

BOS 0
LAA 3

TheManKnownAsMecca
08-08-07, 10:06 PM
At the end of 5 hours I'm in 13th out of 30 places in a Pokerstars tournament. It started with 8000.

YASS
08-08-07, 10:06 PM
Gazelle-like Gary Matthews....

And if he makes a decent play in center, you'll get to watch it over and over and over and over and over.

Gary Matthews Jr. is the gag gift that keeps on giving.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:07 PM
At the end of 5 hours I'm in 13th out of 30 places in a Pokerstars tournament. It started with 8000.

Nice work! Tight and Aggressive?

jeterismyhomeboy
08-08-07, 10:07 PM
End of 3

BOS 0
LAA 3

Is Gameday two outs short? So far Vlad has flown out in a very deep portion of the park.

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 10:08 PM
Wow, Vlad killed that. Warning track out, though.

Lester is not fooling anybody.

justinvarnes
Is Gameday two outs short? So far Vlad has flown out in a very deep portion of the park.

sorry...

BOTTOM 3.

jeterismyhomeboy

Except Robb Quinlan apparently.

YASS
08-08-07, 10:09 PM

He got under it some. If Wily Mo has time to get under it, it was hit at much too high a trajectory.

TheManKnownAsMecca
08-08-07, 10:09 PM
Nice work! Tight and Aggressive?

Basically. I just lost over $100,000 on a hand where I had A Q and my opponent had A J and caught a J on the river. Oh well, still in it.

Dynasties R Forever
08-08-07, 10:11 PM

Just got knocked out of FTOPS.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:11 PM
pitching change in CHI.

MacDougal in for Thornton.

Top 10, 2 on 2 out.

jeterismyhomeboy
08-08-07, 10:13 PM
Matthews Jr. strikes out swinging. To the top of the 4th!

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:13 PM
Basically. I just lost over $100,000 on a hand where I had A Q and my opponent had A J and caught a J on the river. Oh well, still in it.

Ouch. That's poker, baby.

TheManKnownAsMecca
08-08-07, 10:14 PM
Just got knocked out of FTOPS.

Mine was the $200 freeroll. I ended up in 24th and won a whopping 44 cents. I'll take free money into my account anyday.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:14 PM
Man, I was so happy when macdougal struck out that guy for the 3rd out.

Then Hawk opened his trap wiht "HE GONE" and I decided I don't care if CLE wins anymore.

Bottom 10

CLE 3
CWS 3

Kluivert4Ever
08-08-07, 10:15 PM

Then Hawk opened his trap wiht "HE GONE" and I decided I don't care if CLE wins anymore.

Turn off the game and follow it on gameday, OR mute it:)

YASS
08-08-07, 10:16 PM

Bottom 10

CLE 3
CWS 3

I won't listen to Hawk. I just won't. I can't.

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 10:17 PM
I really do not like Orlando Cabrera

TheManKnownAsMecca
08-08-07, 10:18 PM
I feel lucky. I'll start following the CWS game and hopefully bring them luck to win it this inning.

teknetic
Nice one Mose.

justinvarnes
Manny being Manny...

Top 4, Manny on 2nd, 0 out

BOS 2
LAA 3

YASS
08-08-07, 10:19 PM
I really do not like Orlando Cabrera

That's a ball he usually gets to. He really does have decent range.

He didn't seem to get a very good jump on Youkilis' ball, though.

justinvarnes
Turn off the game and follow it on gameday, OR mute it:)

I know, I know. But I like Steve Stone...still, you're right. And when you're right, you're right.

Drew being Manny.

Drew on 2nd, 0 out, 3-3 Tie.

DEADSOX
Not happy right now

Yankees13
08-08-07, 10:20 PM
Knew this Moseley character wouldn't hold them down for long. This has the makings of a slugfest.

YASS
Wow. Moseley was cruising and now he's just completely melting.

Everything he's thrown this inning has been up.

Big Game Andy
Drew with a double. 3-3

Good job Moseley.

teknetic
Drew with a double :barf:

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 10:21 PM
Is it me or are Red Sox fans at opposing stadiums really ................ing annoying?

YASS
08-08-07, 10:23 PM
Is it me or are Red Sox fans at opposing stadiums really ................ing annoying?

I don't know what you mean, BGA. They don't bother me at all.

justinvarnes
I guess that's how it feels to have Yankee fans in your stadium.

DEADSOX
And the doubles continue to haunt the Yankees

justinvarnes
Lowell being Manny.

Lowell on 2nd, 0 out.

BOS 4
LAA 3

Tabata
08-08-07, 10:24 PM
Funny game Baseball is...

TheTinoMobile
Come On La What The Hell

Big Game Andy
Back to back to back doubles.

For ................ sakes get him out of here

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:25 PM
ahhh, THERE'S Varitek.

1 out, runner or 3rd.

Thanks, Wily.

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

EDIT: the fastest 3 outs on the planet.

Bottom 4

BOS 4
LAA 3

dabomb2045
08-08-07, 10:25 PM
I can say for certain that we do not have anywhere near that many Yankee fans at games when we play in Anaheim

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 10:26 PM
I can say for certain that we do not have anywhere near that many Yankee fans at games when we play in Anaheim

I doubt it. What I can say for certain is that we are not nearly as loud or obnoxious.

YASS
08-08-07, 10:26 PM
ahhh, THERE'S Varitek.

1 out, runner or 3rd.

Thanks, Wily.

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

Moseley got to the right part of the order just in time to save himself.

spyglass
08-08-07, 10:27 PM
That's because real Yankee fans know what's best for them and get the hell as far away from the LAAAAAAAAAoAAAAA as possible ;)

Big Game Andy
08-08-07, 10:30 PM
Typical Angels. Once they lose their lead, they bend down for the Red Sox. Stop swinging at Lester's junk.

YASS
08-08-07, 10:31 PM
I doubt it. What I can say for certain is that we are not nearly as loud or obnoxious.

C'mon, Andy. Fans get loud at games and root for their favorite team. They buy the tickets and that earns them the right to cheer for whoever they want.

If there were equal numbers of Yankee fans there during the Yankee series, they'd be just as loud, and fans of other teams would regard them as obnoxious.

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:33 PM
C'mon, Andy. Fans get loud at games and root for their favorite team. They buy the tickets and that earns them the right to cheer for whoever they want.

If there were equal numbers of Yankee fans there during the Yankee series, they'd be just as loud, and fans of other teams would regard them as obnoxious.

All the Red Sox fans in LA are friends of Matt Damon and Ben Afleck, which is why they all are obnoxious cry babies.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:34 PM
Going to the bottom of the 11th:

CLE 3
CWS 3

Num2MVP
"Stop swinging at Lester's junk."

Heh heh, heh heh.

TheTinoMobile
Good at bat by Aybar

justinvarnes
All the Red Sox fans in LA are friends of Matt Damon and Ben Afleck, which is why they all are obnoxious cry babies.

MATT

DAMON.

YASS
08-08-07, 10:35 PM

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck don't have any friends.

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:35 PM
Lester's losing it, Aybar broke him.

LoweRez
08-08-07, 10:36 PM

Good Will Humping?

YASS
08-08-07, 10:36 PM
MATT

DAMON.

Heh. Why is that so easy to recognize as a Team America reference? :)

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:37 PM
2 on (1st and 2nd) 1 out, Reggie Willits walks.

Chone Figgins up.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:38 PM
Heh. Why is that so easy to recognize as a Team America reference? :)

...and I was worried it wasn't clear enough....:)

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:38 PM
Double steal hahahahha

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:39 PM
double steal by LAA. 2nd and 3rd 1 out.

Varitek's high throw allowed Aybar to reach 3rd safely.

TheTinoMobile
2nd and 3rd 1 Out with Chone Figgins batting

Big Game Andy
A good throw gets Aybar at 3rd.

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:40 PM
A good throw gets Aybar at 3rd.

Huh what?

YASS
08-08-07, 10:41 PM
Lester's cooked.

Where's Tito's fork?

justinvarnes
Did someone say slugfest??

Figgins thinks he's playing NYY and doubles.

BOS 4
LAA 5

WOW, Lester is gone....

TheTinoMobile
2 Run Double by Chone Figgins, LA takes the lead 5-4

Big Game Andy
Figgins with a big hit against somebody other than the Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!

5-4 Angels.

YASS
Huh what?

The throw beat him to the bag, but Lowell had to reach up to grab it and couldn't get it down quickly enough to make the tag. A good throw nails him.

justinvarnes
08-08-07, 10:42 PM
Huh what?

the throw was high and that was the extra second Aybar needed to get to the bag in time.

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:42 PM
Julian Tavarez..HAHAHAHHAHAH Game over Red Sox

TheTinoMobile
08-08-07, 10:43 PM
Nice Gameday picture Tavarez

YASS
08-08-07, 10:43 PM
Tavarez? Why?

I'm tempted to go to bed. This could be ugly. :(