PDA

View Full Version : around the league...

Ansky39
05-15-00, 01:54 PM
well, it's pretty ugly from this view... seeing the one-armed red sux minus their chronically injured stars garciaerror and loudmouth everett, ahead of my yanks has gotta be the absolute worst sight any red blooded yanks fan can handle... it's a good thing i don't work w/ any sox
fans... one of us would likely be out of a job, and the sox fan would be short a few front teeth...

but alas, it's only may, and we're still not operating at full strength, w/ jete down... it is amazing though that every year the scoring goes up everywhere from cleveland to oakland to st louis to chicago to even montreal... but as paulie said yesterday, ďThe ball is juiced everywhere except
where we are playing,Ē

weíll be ok... As long as coney can continue to give us 7 like yesterday... I just canít wait for our whole team to play at full strength... I donít care for major scoring outbursts... But when our whole team is here, you just know that somewhere in the lineup, some one will come through.... 1-9 weíre only as strong as our weakest link...

Anyways look around the league, notice anything new...

In the west itís oakland, in the central itís chicago and out here well, we let the sox hold first for a day or so... Our division will be a 3 team race w/ us the jays and sox... In the offseas, I picked the jays led by boomer, delgado and mondesi to be wildcard... Boomer has been great as usual 7-1 2.92 era 61ip and only 7bbís... The guy is quietly making a strong case for serious cy consideration.... The central is really exciting w/ the whitesox behind thomas .359ba, konerko, ordonez and an emerging staff led be 6-0 baldwin... The royals also have been an exciting team, led by dye, 13hrís, 38rbiís, .705slg% sweeny, .347ba .632slg%... And then out west ya got a free for all w/ the aís, mís, halos and rangers all still in it... Amazing one of the biggest offseas trades was that gonzo deal and itís turned out bad for all involved w/ rangers and tigers mired in last...

Well although i wanted to pick the whitesox in the offseas for the central and am still hopeful that they succeed (only not this week ;) ), i still fully expect to have to see the injuns in the post... But in the west i picked the aís, and i really think led behind the new MAC in town Jason Giambi 16hrís, 46rbiís .717slg%, and a solid young staff, (just need a pen) they will emerge of pinhead
and the mís... Hey, thereís a team w/ sluggers but no speed... Hmmmm wonder if they could use a recently released base threat... The league is at itís competitive best, both leagues...

Look at the nl east w/ the expos and marlins giving traditional nleast runnerups the mutts and phillies problems... And the central is again among the most competitive in all of baseball w/ the reds, cards, cubbies, stroís and bucs expected to slug it out till the last day... And out west showlater is doing a great job w/ the dbacks followed by the stacked dodgers, and overachein=ving giants... Iím loving it... i mean other than the prolific scoring, like yesterdayís cubs expos 16-15 game, (even my nygiants donít score 15-16 points a game :rolleyes: ), i love the competition... Only I love it much more when my teamís still #1...

Lot of young stars emerging... God i love guerrero and giles most i think... Unfortunate to see guerrero go down w/ back pains, coincidentally the same weekend my idol bonds goes down w/ back woes. Also overshadowed in montreal is the amazing contributions of jose vidro batting
.377 w/ a .601slg%... (#ís) Nice to see the mutts implosion is right on schedule... Way to go bobby v... Now thatís 2 players the mutts will pay this seas to help one of their competitors.... I ainít saying rickeyís a saint in this... but he ainít the first to be alienated by bobby v and sure wonít be the last.... Surprised too see the phillies scraping the bottom... Hmmm whoís frist to
go, francona, bobby v or that garbage heap retread garner...

Well Iím a diehard yanks fan, and cannot be happy w/ my team trailing the HATED sux... But at least it gives me some degree of comfort to see some of the younger teams, i like, such as the aís and expos, have some success... Hopefully theyíll maintain it and we can see some different
cities in the post for a change... Not that i mind our annual postseason pilgrimages to texas or atlanta :D

JimF
05-21-00, 07:53 PM
Garcierror - you always come up with the coolest names for these guys! :)