PDA

View Full Version : The Opie & Anthony Thread

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 01:10 PM
Enough BS. I'm sick of arguing with Howie fans. All things O&A and hopefully we can play nice. Be like a middle school dance. Each group stay on their own side. :)

4bronxbombers
04-04-07, 01:13 PM
Enough BS. I'm sick of arguing with Howie fans. All things O&A and hopefully we can play nice. Be like a middle school dance. Each group stay on their own side. :)

Spoken like a true diplomat. :)

Hitman23
04-04-07, 01:14 PM
what is this SP vs FG? :lol:

can't they all just be really funny? is it possible to be a fan of both? people are too protective of their entertainment.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 01:26 PM
This thread is so much more fresh and new. That Howard thread is old and out of its prime. Everyone should come here!

Hitman23
04-04-07, 01:29 PM
This thread is so much more fresh and new. That Howard thread is old and out of its prime. Everyone should come here!:roflmao: nice..... very nice.

4bronxbombers
04-04-07, 01:33 PM
This thread is so much more fresh and new. That Howard thread is old and out of its prime. Everyone should come here!

Trouble maker.....:lol:

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:06 PM

It's already funnier... ;)

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 02:18 PM
Arguing with the howie fans is more fun lol.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:49 PM
Arguing with the howie fans is more fun lol.

At least we have a live show to talk about this week. ;)

Yesterday's was much better then today's though. It's hard to top Tarantino, even though the Fonzie PSA was cringeworthy.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 02:51 PM
At least we have a live show to talk about this week. ;)

Yesterday's was much better then today's though. It's hard to top Tarantino, even though the Fonzie PSA was cringeworthy. Yeah i don't know what i would do if they took off every friday and about 12 weeks a year lol

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 02:55 PM
Yeah i don't know what i would do if they took off every friday and about 12 weeks a year lol

Have a life outside of love of radio personalities maybe?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 02:58 PM
Have a life outside of love of radio personalities maybe?Ha Ha nice try to turn the subject away from your hero who could care less about putting on a radio show about 50% of the time.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:00 PM
Ha Ha nice try to turn the subject away from your hero who could care less about putting on a radio show about 50% of the time.

Well, we get more show per week now than we did when he was on terrestrial radio, so we really don't mind him taking Friday's off.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 03:01 PM
Ha Ha nice try to turn the subject away from your hero who could care less about putting on a radio show about 50% of the time.

The hero thing is getting cute. I like when you call him that.

You need some help with math. Maybe Pat from Moonachie can help.

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:02 PM
Well, we get more show per week now than we did when he was on terrestrial radio, so we really don't mind him taking Friday's off.

more hours per day too without a million commercials too no?

YankeePride1967
04-04-07, 03:12 PM
Hey Howie is copying O&A. We did the "vote for Springer on Dancing with the Stars" before Howie is doing it with Sanjaya.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:18 PM
Well, we get more show per week now than we did when he was on terrestrial radio, so we really don't mind him taking Friday's off.What about the 12 weeks a year he takes off?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 03:20 PM
What about the 12 weeks a year he takes off?

That's why I don't watch baseball anymore. They have some nerve taking 5 months off a year. I want to be entertained 24/7/365

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:21 PM
That's why I don't watch baseball anymore. They have some nerve taking 5 months off a year. I want to be entertained 24/7/365lol @ comparing a seasonal sport to a radio show.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 03:23 PM
lol @ comparing a seasonal sport to a radio show.

That's why I don't watch sitcoms anymore. They have some nerve only having 12 episodes a season. What about the other 6 days a week? Slackers!

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:30 PM
What about the 12 weeks a year he takes off?

10 weeks. The same amount he took off at K-Rock.

This is just getting pathetic. We know you don't like Howard, but there's just no reason to reach this badly.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:30 PM
That's why I don't watch sitcoms anymore. They have some nerve only having 12 episodes a season. What about the other 6 days a week? Slackers!So you're admiting that you listen to stern.

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 03:45 PM
I just think the Stern fans should avoid this thread on a go forth basis.

We'll then see how quickly it goes to about page 20 on this board.

RhodyYanksFan
04-05-07, 10:11 AM
They are really pushing Grindhouse huh? Everyday they have someone on.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 07:11 AM
I love what they're doing for Imus. People are absolutely ridiculous with this whole thing. Jim Norton is dead on. Why is comedy not given the same freedom that the rest of the world is?

Al Sharpton is an opportunistic ass who is only concerned with getting his name out there. He's the most racist person in this whole thing.

Plus...Anthony's Imus impression is amazing. :lol:

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 11:32 AM
:roflmao: at the Rev. Al song....

RhodyYanksFan
04-11-07, 08:57 AM
:clap: Bravo them for pointing out all the insanity with this whole Imus thing. Today they read lyrics from the top 10 rap songs in America. They all had either "bitch" or "ho" in their lyrics yet nobody, least of all Sharpton/Jackson is calling for the record labels to drop these artists.

YankeePride1967
04-11-07, 09:12 AM
:clap: Bravo them for pointing out all the insanity with this whole Imus thing. Today they read lyrics from the top 10 rap songs in America. They all had either "bitch" or "ho" in their lyrics yet nobody, least of all Sharpton/Jackson is calling for the record labels to drop these artists.

The double standard is alive and well.

RhodyYanksFan
04-11-07, 04:21 PM
I really hope Imus goes to XM and gets a show on their channel.

YankeePride1967
04-13-07, 09:25 PM
I hadn't listened much to O&A (been listening more to the MLB station) but listened today en route to Epcot. Very good show today.

PinstripePride
04-14-07, 05:51 AM
I really hope Imus goes to XM and gets a show on their channel.

Your signature picture is killing me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YClipper5
04-14-07, 10:58 AM
Very good show today.
Couldn't stop laughing at the unemployed Imus calling Opie every 5 minutes to see if he wanted to hang out.

YankeePride1967
04-14-07, 11:09 AM
Couldn't stop laughing at the unemployed Imus calling Opie every 5 minutes to see if he wanted to hang out.

Ah, Opie, want to bang butts?

Ah, Opie, want to go to Six Flags?

YClipper5
04-14-07, 07:37 PM
Ah, Opie, want to bang butts?

Ah, Opie, want to go to Six Flags?
Ah, Opie, Can I get a WOW sticker? I'm gonna be driving around a lot on Wednesdays now.

RhodyYanksFan
04-14-07, 11:07 PM

His Imus impression is perfect. :lol:

tdel23
04-20-07, 10:26 AM
O&A canned in Dallas....

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=390029

RhodyYanksFan
04-20-07, 10:36 AM
O&A canned in Dallas....

If Dallas enjoys Tom Leykis, O&A never stood a chance anyway.

Boogiedown Bomber
04-20-07, 08:08 PM
O&A canned in Dallas....

I heard that as soon as O&A went on the air on XM.

By the way, I never thought Bob Saget was one serious funny mofo. I remember his infamous line from "Half-Baked" and thought, "Wow." After hearing him today, I want to see his stand-up routine. Wish I could check out one of the Traveling Virus shows. That tour looks sick!

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-07, 08:50 AM
I heard that as soon as O&A went on the air on XM.

By the way, I never thought Bob Saget was one serious funny mofo. I remember his infamous line from "Half-Baked" and thought, "Wow." After hearing him today, I want to see his stand-up routine. Wish I could check out one of the Traveling Virus shows. That tour looks sick!

Saget is insane on stage. Have you seen "The Aristocrats"? He's in that too.

Boogiedown Bomber
04-23-07, 04:17 PM
Saget is insane on stage. Have you seen "The Aristocrats"? He's in that too.

No. I've been wanting to see that movie, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it. Are you going to check out the tour?

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-07, 08:05 PM
No. I've been wanting to see that movie, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it. Are you going to check out the tour?

I went last year, but the dates around me this year won't work with my schedule. It was a great time. Bob Kelly was the funniest by far.

YankeePride1967
04-23-07, 09:06 PM
I went last year, but the dates around me this year won't work with my schedule. It was a great time. Bob Kelly was the funniest by far.

I am ticked that the tour isn't coming to Florida. As for Bob Kelly that surprises me. I don't find him funny at all when he's in the studio.

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-07, 09:20 PM
I am ticked that the tour isn't coming to Florida. As for Bob Kelly that surprises me. I don't find him funny at all when he's in the studio.

Yeah, me either, but he was hilarious. Just like how Patrice O'Neal is funnier in studio then prepared stand up. Rich Vos is funnier live too since he just picks on people in the crowd.

ruthianblast
04-24-07, 08:49 AM
Going to Detroit for the Virus Tour! Can't freaking wait; Aug 4th can't come soon enough.

RhodyYanksFan
04-24-07, 09:41 AM
Going to Detroit for the Virus Tour! Can't freaking wait; Aug 4th can't come soon enough.

Have a great time, but don't wish the summer away.

Boogiedown Bomber
04-24-07, 05:01 PM
Rich Vos is funnier live too since he just picks on people in the crowd.

Back in the day, I remember Rich Vos picking on me. This must have been around 1997, and I had long hair at the time. I went with some friends from high school to check him out at the Boston Comedy Club in the Village. In the middle of set, he spotted me, and set "If I ever saw you in prison, you would be my bitch!" Of course, my friends laughed their arses off, and I couldn't help it. Then, the rest of the club saw me, and it was over. For the rest of the night, he would ask me "So, how is your ass feeling tonight?" The cool thing was that afterwards, he came up to me, and he told me that it was just part of the comedy bit. He was also a bit intimitated, since I towered over his short-ass self. It was a good time overall, and he bought me a beer! :)

4bronxbombers
04-25-07, 07:12 AM
Back in the day, I remember Rich Vos picking on me. This must have been around 1997, and I had long hair at the time. I went with some friends from high school to check him out at the Boston Comedy Club in the Village. In the middle of set, he spotted me, and set "If I ever saw you in prison, you would be my bitch!" Of course, my friends laughed their arses off, and I couldn't help it. Then, the rest of the club saw me, and it was over. For the rest of the night, he would ask me "So, how is your ass feeling tonight?" The cool thing was that afterwards, he came up to me, and he told me that it was just part of the comedy bit. He was also a bit intimitated, since I towered over his short-ass self. It was a good time overall, and he bought me a beer! :)

Cool story!

nhyankeefan
04-25-07, 09:02 AM
I was listening to BCN this morning and heard one of their other DJ's. Have they been canned in Boston or are they takling a vacation?

yankeefreak04
04-25-07, 02:00 PM
They are on vacation for a couple weeks... Boston decided not to carry the "Worst of" shows while they are on their vacation...

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 07:57 AM
Well, they said it would happen eventually, but nobody thought it would come on the XM side of the show. If they go down for this, I will have officially lost all faith in this country. I guess we all learned with Imus that it's now unconstitutional to offend people.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/05/11/2007-05-11_you_cant_say_that.html

Bad-boy radio hosts Opie and Anthony yesterday topped even their infamous 2002 "Sex in St. Pat's" stunt, serving up a homeless man's profane declaration that he'd like to rape Condoleezza Rice, Laura Bush and Queen Elizabeth.

The graphic sequence on their XM Satellite Radio program showed that even in a medium with no restrictions on content, Opie and Anthony found a way to cross the line.

OK what is so wrong about this? They're a comedy show. Anthony put it best:

Anthony, whose full name is Anthony Cumia, called that comment "horrible and awful," but said it illustrated a point about radio today. "You can talk about beating up old ladies and nobody stops you, but make one insulting joke about an ethnic group and you're fired."

Whether you like them or not, this is a huge issue. This was said on XM which, until now has been free from censorship. This is a pay service, where people who specifically want to hear it, do. It's not on the public airwaves.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 08:13 AM
Sorry this is so long, but I felt it needed to be put here; at least read the first 3 paragraphs:

We all knew this day would come. The Opie and Anthony Show is threatened by people who want to control what everyone should say. Don Imus was fired for making a bad joke about a sympathetic diverse losing woman's basketball team, JV & Elvis were suspended indefinitely from FreeFM for satire on Asian accents and now some special interest groups will say they are offended to gain publicity and fame for their cause because a homeless person commented on what he would like to do to Condoleezza Rice.

So we should give them what they want but expose them as the hypocritical, anti-free speech and political correctness police that they are when they come out of their hiding spots. Also, preemptively, we should contact Opie and Anthony’s bosses and people of the companies why they should stand with them and have a backbone for a change. People only write letters when they are told things are offensive and the silent majority loses when they remain silent. These special interest groups who claim to know better think everything should be nice and not be made fun of. But sometimes humor that might offend is refreshing.

So to prevent only the minority from ruling the majority please write, email and call these people. Remind them it is important that a corporation would stand-up for the users of their product and not succumb to the demands of people who do not. You have enjoyed The Opie and Anthony show and now they need our help>>

No apologizes for people that do not listen or do not want The Opie and Anthony Show to continue speaking out.

+Templates/Suggestions

To help in your letter writing, included is some of the letters that fellow wackbaggers have written:

--------Suggestion 1 by Jolie:

Dear Sirs,

It is with extreme sadness that I feel compelled to even write to you regarding this issue, but in light of the recent instances of radio shows being taken off air due to "inappropriate" content, I feel I must.

I have been a long time fan of the Opie and Anthony show. They are the only reason I subscribed to XM Radio, and they are the only reason I continue to subscribe to this day. Having recently bought a car with Sirius rather than XM, I have had a chance to listen to the competition, and I must say, if it were not for Opie and Anthony, I would cancel my two XM subscriptions tomorrow and go with Sirius instead.

That said, it has come to my attention that Opie and Anthony may come under fire for a recent segment involving a discussion with a homeless man. I did not hear this segment live today, however I had a chance to listen to it this afternoon, and while I can understand why some people might get offended by this, it did not seem there was anything illegal in the content, merely offensive. I will be extremely disappointed in your company if you choose to take permanent action against Opie and Anthony in light of this "offensive" and "inappropriate" content.

I am fully aware of the risk I take every day listening to the Opie and Anthony show. I know very well that they are likely, on a daily basis, to say something that will offend someone - and I continue to listen because in addition to their brash comments, they are funny and I enjoy the content they provide. I also know that I, as a consumer, have the ability to change the channel or turn the radio off if I do not like the content I am hearing on a given day - and there have been times where I have exercised that ability during this show. It should be left up to the individual consumer to choose the content they like from the wide array of content available on satellite and free radio, and those who are offended by comments made by Opie and Anthony should not be given the ability to decide which content I am allowed to listen to.

Please do not bow to special interest groups in this matter. It is a known fact that many of these groups are extremely well organized and have internet form letters to use to make complaints to a variety of people during events like this - but they do not speak for me, and I would hazard a guess that they do not speak for the majority.

Thank you for your time,

----------Suggestion 2 by distortion9:

Mr. (All of them),

Sir, I will keep this short and get right to it. I'm hoping that you plan to stand by your radio talent and also stick up for me as a customer. Yes, I am a fan of the Opie and Anthony show but, as you very well know, there are bigger issues at stake here. I promise to support you and XM radio but, you can not sell me out and expect me to continue being a customer.

I am absolutely fed up with censorship and refuse to support anyone that is not willing to stand up for the Rights we are granted as Americans. Period.

Sincerely,
Paul XXXXXXX

Radio ID # XXXXXXX

-----------Suggestion 3 by Awful Me:

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is _________________, I am an XM Subscriber and currently have ___ subscriptions under my account. My account number is ____________ .

I am a fan of XM general, Opie and Anthony in specific and more importantly, I am a strong supporter of Freedom of Speech.

I realize you will get grief from protesters and those that want Opie and Anthony removed for your airwaves. Please stay strong and do not give in to these special interest groups.

Remember, most of them are not subscribers, I however am. I pay for your service and support your sponsors. Buy caving in to the demands of the few, you lose the support of those of us who are actually using your service.

While you MAY lose a few sponsors, by bowing down to the demands of these groups, you WILL lose customers.

Sponsors will come back, dissatisfied customers will not.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerly,

---------Suggestion 4 by Barbwire Mike:

To whom it may concern:

Today there seems to a be a storm rising up against talk show hosts Opie and Anthony. Even though the "offending bit" happened on XM, I've already seen from the way Imus was treated that CBS isn't very gung-ho about sticking up for their talent.

I URGE you not to make the same mistake with Opie and Anthony.

The Imus controversy was started by a few loudmouths who got press while the silent majority stood silent. However, the second he was yanked the grassroots campaign to save this country from special interest pro-censorship forces began.

And it's been growing.

I promise you... we will not be silent this time.

We WILL boycott your advertisers. We WILL stop watching your programming. We WILL utilize all legal means at our disposal to get the word out to everyone. We WILL turn the blogosphere into a campaign against your corporation unlike anything the network has ever experienced before.

Or... we will praise you for putting your foot down and sticking up for the right to be entertaining in the face of self-righteous and self-serving "community leaders" or political groups (left wing and right wing) with their own agendas that couldn't care less if our rights and freedoms are trampled all over as long as they get their names and faces on television.

I'm one person, so even if this is being misconstrued as a threat I realize I alone can't make a difference.

But trust me... there's an army of us. The time for apathy and compliant silence has passed.

Please do the right thing.

Sincerely,

------Suggestion 5 by cigarsanscotch,

If CBS is smart it will stand firmly behind the morning radio duo of Opie & Anthony. By not supporting Don Imus during a throw away comment made in jest, CBS radio has opened the floodgates for petty grievances by small handfuls of people trying to empower their own personal agendas via special interest groups. This is murdering revenues for your struggling radio division. The amount of on air censorship is ridiculous and it is stifling the ratings of your moneymaking talents.

By supporting O&A during this non story involving Condi Rice, you will increase your listener ship. This is basically free advertisement and that will draw listeners (young male demo mind you) in to your stations that carry the show. It is just a matter of remaining strident and riding the additional attention to profit. At no point did Opie, Anthony or any member of their staff condone or promote **** or violence towards women. They were merely reacting to the ramblings of an obviously unbalanced homeless man who was making the comments in jest himself. I heard it live and like the majority of people heating it was laughing at the over the top, absurdity of what was being said and at no point inferred any seriousness or threat during the segment.

Edgy radio if allowed to be done properly is a huge ratings and revenue grabber. I think that CBS needs to remind it's sponsors of the ineffectiveness of actual boycotts by special interest groups. If you need a case in point. refer to the Michael Richard fiasco. Although he was on stage in a comedy club, he made statements out of anger that were obviously not part of his routine that were in fact offensive and racist. If ever there was a high profile screw up that was it. Even after his apology, Sharpton/jackson called for the boycott of the soon to be released Seinfeld Season 7. As far as Seinfeld goes, that was the weakest season to be released. Guess what? It outsold every other Season by a longshot. I guess the "bad" publicity helped, and that was a legitimate inflammatory story.

If O&A are further censored or fired, I will completely stop listening to your stations and get my entertainment through satellite radio and my Ipod. There are many other loyal fans to Opie and Anthony and free speech that will be more than happy to neglect your stations in the Arbitron diaries if you disappoint us again.

+EMAILS

-CBS

dan.mason@cbsradio.com, walter.berger@cbsradio.com, scott.herman@cbsradio.com, don.bouloukos@cbsradio.com, lisa.decker@cbsradio.com, david.goodman@cbsradio.com, richard.lobel@cbsradio.com, greg.strassel@cbsradio.com, joanne.hill@cbsradio.com, karen.mateo@cbsradio.com, chris.oliviero@cbsradio.com, john.mainelli@cbsradio.com glynn.walden@cbsradio.com, tchiusano@923freefm.com,

-XM

eric.logan@xmradio.com, jon.zellner@xmradio.com, lee.abrams@xmradio.com, dion.summers@xmradio.com, gary.parsons@xmradio.com, steve.cook@xmradio.com, joseph.euteneuer@xmradio.com, stell.patsiokas@xmradio.com, joseph.titlebaum@xmradio.com, chance.patterson@xmradio.com, carolyn.turner@xmradio.com, dan.turner@xmradio.com, jon.zellner@xmradio.com, kevin.straley@xmradio.com, tony.masiello@xmradio.com, marie.farrar@xmradio.com, david.butler@xmradio.com

+Phone Numbers

CBS RADIO
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-846-3939

Feedback for CBS Radio
http://www.cbsradio.com/contact/sitehelpform.html

Karen L. Mateo
Vice President, Communications
( 212) 846 7638

Dana McClintock
Senior Vice President,
CBS Communications Group
(212) 975 1077

Citadel

Write us:
7201 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
Suite 400
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Call us: (702) 804-5200
Fax us: (702) 804-5936

Headquarters:
Citadel Broadcasting Corporation
City Center West
7201 West Lake Mead Blvd.
Suite 400
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Phone: (702) 804-5200
Fax: (702) 804-5936
Corporate Legal Counsel:
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Citigroup Center
153 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022-4611
Phone: (212) 446-4800

XM Radio
Call XMDirectly at: 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346) Or 202-380-4000

Eric Logan
Executive Vice President Programming
202-380-4365
aolaim: Radiorodeoboy

Jon Zellner Senior Vice President/Music Programming
(202) 380-4040 (office)

nbc (212) 664-2731

WPIX-CW11
(212) 210-2411

tdel23
05-11-07, 08:36 AM
if they did this on K-Rcck they would be fired, since it happened on a pay service, there is no way they should be fired, I really don't find the joke funny but they should not go down for this.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 08:49 AM
if they did this on K-Rcck they would be fired, since it happened on a pay service, there is no way they should be fired, I really don't find the joke funny but they should not go down for this.

Funny or not, they shouldn't be fired. I agree if it was on FM they would be gone, but you can't censor a pay service like this. Plus, reading that in the paper vs hearing how it was presented on the show are totally different. Since I'm willing to bet that 95% of people that will be calling for their jobs didn't hear it, but just read about it, I think that everyone should stand up for them and not let the minority rule over the silent majority again. That's why I posted all the emails and sample letters.

tdel23
05-11-07, 08:52 AM
Funny or not, they shouldn't be fired. I agree if it was on FM they would be gone, but you can't censor a pay service like this. Plus, reading that in the paper vs hearing how it was presented on the show are totally different. Since I'm willing to bet that 95% of people that will be calling for their jobs didn't hear it, but just read about it, I think that everyone should stand up for them and not let the minority rule over the silent majority again. That's why I posted all the emails and sample letters.

I agree with you they shouldn't be fired, and that it probably didn't sound as bad as it does it print...if they are going to sensor SATELLITE PAY SERVICE RADIO, we are in big trouble as a country.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 08:54 AM
I agree with you they shouldn't be fired, and that it probably didn't sound as bad as it does it print...if they are going to sensor SATELLITE PAY SERVICE RADIO, we are in big trouble as a country.

Exactly...and especially since I'm sure the vast majority of the people who will want it censored aren't subscribers anyway.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 10:28 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271515,00.html#

Holy sh*t is Mancow an asshole. It's pretty amazing when Sean Hannity is the voice of reason.

Link goes to the story, but there's another link to the video from last night's Hannity & Colmes featuring radio has-been Mancow who gets off on being the moral police for anything radio related, meanwhile his show had such bad ratings that he was kicked off in his hometown of Chicago. He clearly has an agenda against O&A and it was blatantly clear in this video.

YankeePride1967
05-11-07, 12:46 PM
YMB. (O&A fans will know what that means).

YankeePride1967
05-11-07, 12:48 PM
If they get canned for this, then Stern and others will have to realize that even on Satellite, there is a line that they can cross. From this morning's show. O&A seem to think this is it for them. I hope not.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 12:52 PM
YMB. (O&A fans will know what that means).

:-hide-: God I hope not.

YankeePride1967
05-11-07, 12:53 PM
:-hide-: God I hope not.

They said it at the end of the FM portion of their show today.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 12:55 PM
They said it at the end of the FM portion of their show today.

I'd be happy if they left FM, but they can't go away altogether.

YankeePride1967
05-11-07, 12:56 PM
I'd be happy if they left FM, but they can't go away altogether.

The odd thing about this is they are probably safe (for now) on FM but it's the XM side that's in doubt. (Although I think CBS would follow suit knowing their lack of a backbone).

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 12:58 PM
The odd thing about this is they are probably safe (for now) on FM but it's the XM side that's in doubt. (Although I think CBS would follow suit knowing their lack of a backbone).

If XM drops them it's beyond insane. They apologized. Just tell them "OK guys, no more homeless people on the air" and be done with it.

I know they said they wouldn't go down apologizing like Imus, but I think they figured they'd be thrown off FM eventually and they'll always have XM to go to full time. If they lose XM, of course CBS will follow and that's why the apologized.

YankeePride1967
05-11-07, 01:03 PM
If XM drops them it's beyond insane. They apologized. Just tell them "OK guys, no more homeless people on the air" and be done with it.

I know they said they wouldn't go down apologizing like Imus, but I think they figured they'd be thrown off FM eventually and they'll always have XM to go to full time. If they lose XM, of course CBS will follow and that's why the apologized.

I think this weekend will be a test. If they are on the air Monday morning, then I think they are safe.

RJ44
05-11-07, 01:03 PM

No way, dude.. Then all the homeless will band together and make SURE they're off the air for good.

RhodyYanksFan
05-11-07, 01:04 PM
No way, dude.. Then all the homeless will band together and make SURE they're off the air for good.

That's right...you can't offend "roofless Americans" anymore.

RJ44
05-11-07, 01:05 PM
That's right...you can't offend "roofless Americans" anymore.

...Legal Migrants?

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 08:11 AM
Great show today...Mike Rowe, who is always has great stories, and the writers/director/creators of the Simpsons. Good stuff.

YankeePride1967
07-20-07, 08:14 AM
I wonder when Al Roker will reschedule? ;)

NewEraYanks2527
07-20-07, 08:17 AM
Great show today...Mike Rowe, who is always has great stories, and the writers/director/creators of the Simpsons. Good stuff.

I love that introduction. "Mike Rowe is a guy who goes into sewers and puts it on TV"

Mike Rowe: "Yea I talked to Discovery and they want you guys to do all our promos now."

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 08:24 AM
I love that introduction. "Mike Rowe is a guy who goes into sewers and puts it on TV"

Mike Rowe: "Yea I talked to Discovery and they want you guys to do all our promos now."

Mike Rowe has the perfect voice-over voice, and his quick wit and way with words just cracks me up all the time.

NewEraYanks2527
07-20-07, 08:26 AM
Mike Rowe has the perfect voice-over voice, and his quick wit and way with words just cracks me up all the time.

Thats for sure. He does have a great voice and even on Dirty Jobs he is hilarious. Obviously he makes that show awesome. It is a cool concept to begin with but he really puts it over the top.

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBM8lwVmQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1Y64N4O7g

:roflmao:

NewEraYanks2527
07-20-07, 08:45 AM

Damn I'm at work, I'll watch them when I get home. No Youtube at work.

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 09:27 AM
OMG this Larry King/Tammy Baker bit is radio gold right now!

Hitman23
07-20-07, 01:39 PM
Thats for sure. He does have a great voice and even on Dirty Jobs he is hilarious. Obviously he makes that show awesome. It is a cool concept to begin with but he really puts it over the top.Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. He is absolutely hysterical.

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 01:40 PM
Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. He is absolutely hysterical.

Click the YouTube links from above. They're from the early 90's when Mike Rowe was doing overnights on QVC. Same wit.

Hitman23
07-20-07, 01:45 PM
Click the YouTube links from above. They're from the early 90's when Mike Rowe was doing overnights on QVC. Same wit.I'll check them out later it's tough to get away with youtube video at my desk today.

He worked on QVC? Had no idea.

fredgmuggs
07-20-07, 01:49 PM

There's a whole bunch of them on youtube from when he was on QVC.

this one is great.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUJWpIj_4ps&mode=related&search=

RhodyYanksFan
07-25-07, 07:19 AM
Bret Michaels is gonna be on later this morning. I got hooked on his show after 20 minutes. It's such a train wreck. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about these girls.

RhodyYanksFan
09-05-07, 08:11 AM
Congrats to Opie and E-Rock on their engagements! :clap::clap:

NewEraYanks2527
09-05-07, 08:14 AM
Congrats to Opie and E-Rock on their engagements! :clap::clap:

E-Rock is engaged? Oh lord.

RhodyYanksFan
09-05-07, 08:14 AM
E-Rock is engaged? Oh lord.

He did it at Disney so of course the jokes were flying.

NewEraYanks2527
09-05-07, 08:16 AM
He did it at Disney so of course the jokes were flying.

I hate not having my radio at work anymore. The ensuing bits for the bachelor party and wedding will be out of this world.

RhodyYanksFan
09-05-07, 08:28 AM
I hate not having my radio at work anymore. The ensuing bits for the bachelor party and wedding will be out of this world.

It was funny. They made a huge deal about it, gave him 10 minutes to tell his story. He was all babbling and nervous. Then Opie announced that he got engaged on vacation too and everyone forgot about Eric.

RhodyYanksFan
01-11-08, 01:29 PM
http://jimmytide2008.com/

:lol:
#1 search on google yesterday.

NewEraYanks2527
01-11-08, 03:36 PM
http://jimmytide2008.com/

:lol:
#1 search on google yesterday. O&A rule!

RhodyYanksFan
02-13-08, 08:13 AM
Who else heard todays show? Jim Norton and Rich Vos were supposed to do a scene from A Bronx Tale to show how bad an actor Vos is and when it was time to do the scene Jim stepped aside and Chazz Palmentieri walked in (writer/actor of A Bronx Tale) to do the scene with Vos. Poor guy was a wreck. Great radio though. :lol:

NewEraYanks2527
02-13-08, 08:26 AM
Who else heard todays show? Jim Norton and Rich Vos were supposed to do a scene from A Bronx Tale to show how bad an actor Vos is and when it was time to do the scene Jim stepped aside and Chazz Palmentieri walked in (writer/actor of A Bronx Tale) to do the scene with Vos. Poor guy was a wreck. Great radio though. :lol: Damn't I missed that this morning, stupid early meetings. I will have to try to catch that replay.

RhodyYanksFan
02-13-08, 08:27 AM
Damn't I missed that this morning, stupid early meetings. I will have to try to catch that replay.

They also had a SI swimsuit model in and once it came out she was from Rio Patrice and Bob Kelly started asking her hooker questions in Portuguese.

RJ44
02-13-08, 09:21 AM
Who else heard todays show? Jim Norton and Rich Vos were supposed to do a scene from A Bronx Tale to show how bad an actor Vos is and when it was time to do the scene Jim stepped aside and Chazz Palmentieri walked in (writer/actor of A Bronx Tale) to do the scene with Vos. Poor guy was a wreck. Great radio though. :lol:

I heard some of it... Vos actually showed up at my buddy's open mic a couple of weeks ago, which is completely amazing, since it's in the middle of nowhere, CT (he was doing a paid gig in the town the same night, so stopped by the open mic afterwards).

NewEraYanks2527
02-13-08, 09:27 AM
I heard some of it... Vos actually showed up at my buddy's open mic a couple of weeks ago, which is completely amazing, since it's in the middle of nowhere, CT (he was doing a paid gig in the town the same night, so stopped by the open mic afterwards).

Did he perform or was he just hanging out?

RJ44
02-13-08, 09:31 AM
Did he perform or was he just hanging out?

My buddy told me his wife did 10 mins and he did 15 mins.
Rich didn't do any material, just picked on the crowd (which is awesome enough, if you ask me).
People paid $15 for the other show, but the open mic was free, or $5, and Vos definitely didn't get paid for that, but my buddy myspace'd him and told him about the show, so he wanted to come by.

NewEraYanks2527
02-13-08, 09:34 AM
Rich didn't do any material, just picked on the crowd (which is awesome enough, if you ask me).
People paid $15 for the other show, but the open mic was free, or $5, and Vos definitely didn't get paid for that, but my buddy myspace'd him and told him about the show, so he wanted to come by. That's wicked cool.

RhodyYanksFan
02-13-08, 09:39 AM
People paid $15 for the other show, but the open mic was free, or $5, and Vos definitely didn't get paid for that, but my buddy myspace'd him and told him about the show, so he wanted to come by.

That's awesome. Vos is really good at picking on the crowd.

RJ44
02-13-08, 09:42 AM
That's awesome. Vos is really good at picking on the crowd.

Yeah, sorry to hijack...

I missed that whole thing with the Bronx Tale, as they were setting it up during my 4-minute drive to work.

RhodyYanksFan
02-13-08, 03:08 PM
Yeah, sorry to hijack...

I missed that whole thing with the Bronx Tale, as they were setting it up during my 4-minute drive to work.

They were also playing an old clip of Norton from back in like 1994. That's why all those people were in the stuido...to make fun of him. Patrice O'Neal is my favorite secondary guy on the show. He can make me laugh every time he talks.

RhodyYanksFan
02-15-08, 07:15 AM
Michael Emerson, aka Ben from Lost is on the show right now.

YankeePride1967
02-15-08, 07:43 AM
Big A is my hero.

AMYanks
02-19-08, 11:21 PM
Did Anthony actually shake hands with... Howard Stern!?

I heard a rumor that Anthony talked about this on the show this morning. Any truth to this?

YankeePride1967
02-20-08, 06:39 AM
Did Anthony actually shake hands with... Howard Stern!?

I heard a rumor that Anthony talked about this on the show this morning. Any truth to this?

The story I heard was that Anthony was at the Mohegan Sun casino in CT. He goes there regularly. And the section next to him is roped off and in walks Howard Stern. Stern sees Anthony and gives him the finger.

RhodyYanksFan
02-20-08, 06:46 AM
The story I heard was that Anthony was at the Mohegan Sun casino in CT. He goes there regularly. And the section next to him is roped off and in walks Howard Stern. Stern sees Anthony and gives him the finger.

:lol: Hadn't heard that one. Wouldn't surprise me though. Howard is an ass.

RhodyYanksFan
02-20-08, 07:37 AM
John Locke is on right now.

RhodyYanksFan
02-20-08, 09:31 AM
Mythbusters coming up next. :)

tdel23
02-20-08, 10:34 AM

I heard they were down in AC for Artie's show, they shook hands, that was the extent of it.

Boogiedown Bomber
02-20-08, 07:36 PM
John Locke is on right now.

The English philosopher??? ;)

AMYanks
02-21-08, 12:21 AM
I heard they were down in AC for Artie's show, they shook hands, that was the extent of it.

Smooth move. Ant has to protect himself from another gag order once the merger goes through.

RhodyYanksFan
02-21-08, 06:45 AM
Smooth move. Ant has to protect himself from another gag order once the merger goes through.

God I hope not.

They haven't even mentioned Howard in months, and I didn't hear when they talked about this incident. However, if they go back to being sh*t on by Mel because of Howard I'll be beyond pissed.

AMYanks
02-21-08, 03:43 PM
God I hope not.

They haven't even mentioned Howard in months, and I didn't hear when they talked about this incident. However, if they go back to being sh*t on by Mel because of Howard I'll be beyond pissed.

I don't think Howard cares enough anymore. He certainly doesn't care about his fans anymore, the last two days of original "repeat" shows they've done have been beyond awful.

Btw, this Dave Rabbit stuff O&A have been playing is fascinating. He was so awesome.

RhodyYanksFan
02-21-08, 07:35 PM
I don't think Howard cares enough anymore. He certainly doesn't care about his fans anymore, the last two days of original "repeat" shows they've done have been beyond awful.

Btw, this Dave Rabbit stuff O&A have been playing is fascinating. He was so awesome.

That's what my wife said. She's sick of Howard and is jumping to XM. We're tired of wating for the merger and it's stupid paying 2 full subscriptions.

Dave Rabbit is a great find. Crazy stuff.

YankeePride1967
02-22-08, 08:06 AM
That's what my wife said. She's sick of Howard and is jumping to XM. We're tired of wating for the merger and it's stupid paying 2 full subscriptions.

Dave Rabbit is a great find. Crazy stuff.

at 10:15 AM this morning they are playing the entire thing. Heads up.

yanksphan
02-22-08, 08:08 AM
My father served in the Air Force. He worked in the OSI in Vietnam.

I wonder if he had anything to do with "covering" for Dave Rabbit..

Boogiedown Bomber
02-22-08, 11:38 AM
My father served in the Air Force. He worked in the OSI in Vietnam.

I wonder if he had anything to do with "covering" for Dave Rabbit..

One of my uncles served in Vietnam, and when I asked him about Dave Rabbitt, he started to chuckle. Apparently, he wants to find the old broadcasts. Is there a link?

yanksphan
02-22-08, 11:48 AM
when they had Dave Rabbitt on yesterday, he kept plugging this site:

www.abovetopsecret.com

RhodyYanksFan
04-01-08, 07:08 AM
Jose Canseco is going to be on O&A soon. I hate him and I'm pissed they're giving him airtime, but at the same time, no way I'm not listening to him spew his BS.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 07:30 AM
Anyone hear Jesse Ventura the other day? He believes our government was behind 9/11 and he and Jim Norton had a real heated argument about it...and Jimmy won. He totally out-debated Ventura.

http://www.foundrymusic.com/video.cfm?id=17907

yankeesAZ
04-10-08, 10:57 AM
Anyone hear Jesse Ventura the other day? He believes our government was behind 9/11 and he and Jim Norton had a real heated argument about it...and Jimmy won. He totally out-debated Ventura.

http://www.foundrymusic.com/video.cfm?id=17907

Not really. Plus the video was edited and I still think Ventura won even with the editing, though I don't necessarily believe his views.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 11:04 AM
Not really. Plus the video was edited and I still think Ventura won even with the editing, though I don't necessarily believe his views.

How can you say he won when all he said was "I'm just a navy seal, I don't have your experience" and "you convinced me, you're right."??

yankeesAZ
04-10-08, 11:14 AM
How can you say he won when all he said was "I'm just a navy seal, I don't have your experience" and "you convinced me, you're right."??

He said more than that. For example, he cited Payne Stewart's plane getting military response withing 20 minutes yet these hijacked planes an hour apart could somehow not get any military response?

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 11:23 AM
He said more than that. For example, he cited Payne Stewart's plane getting military response withing 20 minutes yet these hijacked planes an hour apart could somehow not get any military response?

I didn't realize the video was edited. You need to listen to the whole thing. There's just no argument that you can make, and not sound like a kook for the government being behind 9/11 and all Ventura did when Norton brought up common sense points was to talk about how he's a Navy Seal and clearly Norton doesn't know anything.

WTrain44
04-10-08, 11:24 AM

OK, you've convinced me. The Body won the argument.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 11:25 AM
OK, you've convinced me. The Body won the argument.

:roflmao: Well put.

yanksphan
04-10-08, 11:30 AM
That was one of the most uncomfortable radio exchanges I've ever listened to.

yankeesAZ
04-10-08, 12:02 PM
I didn't realize the video was edited. You need to listen to the whole thing. There's just no argument that you can make, and not sound like a kook for the government being behind 9/11 and all Ventura did when Norton brought up common sense points was to talk about how he's a Navy Seal and clearly Norton doesn't know anything.

I never said the government was and I have said a few times in PS, that Bush is not smart enough to stage it. However, at the very least Ventura's remarks do bring up at least some level of incompetence on the government's part.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 12:03 PM
I never said the government was and I have said a few times in PS, that Bush is not smart enough to stage it. However, at the very least Ventura's remarks do bring up at least some level of incompetence on the government's part.

Norton agreed with him about the incompetence part.

yanksphan
04-10-08, 01:09 PM
Well if there's one thing Norton is familiar with, it's incompetence.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-08, 01:16 PM
Well if there's one thing Norton is familiar with, it's incompetence.

What's that supposed to mean?

yanksphan
04-10-08, 01:28 PM
That's the bread and butter of his jokes - making fun of people who screw up.

WTrain44
04-10-08, 07:54 PM
:: pushes microphone away::

AMYanks
04-23-08, 04:52 AM
I just heard on the news that Opie's fiance made a sex tape with Bam Margera years ago. :lol:

Have they talked about this on the show this week, or did this story only surface after their show yesterday? Or is this just another prank by them that CW News fell for?

AMYanks
04-23-08, 05:10 AM
Oh, I guess it was made up. That's pretty lame for a guy to make up a story that huge, even if he was pissed about getting fired.

Although I don't get their logic that one of the reasons the Post reported it was because they have connections with "the really big radio show". Do they realize the host of THAT show hates Richard Johnson and bad mouths him constantly for the crap he's made up in recent years?

And Chaunce Hayden was the one who broke the news. :lol: That right there tells you it's a lie.

YankeePride1967
04-23-08, 06:30 AM
I just heard on the news that Opie's fiance made a sex tape with Bam Margera years ago. :lol:

Have they talked about this on the show this week, or did this story only surface after their show yesterday? Or is this just another prank by them that CW News fell for?

Opie this morning offered anyone $100,000 for a copy of the tape. He said that's how sure he is that it doesn't exist.

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-08, 07:37 AM
Oh, I guess it was made up. That's pretty lame for a guy to make up a story that huge, even if he was pissed about getting fired.

Although I don't get their logic that one of the reasons the Post reported it was because they have connections with "the really big radio show". Do they realize the host of THAT show hates Richard Johnson and bad mouths him constantly for the crap he's made up in recent years?

And Chaunce Hayden was the one who broke the news. :lol: That right there tells you it's a lie.

It's amazing what gets printed as news isn't it?

tdel23
04-23-08, 09:40 AM
How does the NY post exist...especially when they use Chaunce Hayden as their source?

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-08, 09:56 AM
That thing ceased being a paper when Murdoch bought it, but stuff like this is just ridiculous.

RhodyYanksFan
05-07-08, 10:50 PM
Rich Vos describing his day at the White House = radio gold. I couldn't stop laughing.

YankeePride1967
05-08-08, 07:02 AM
Rich Vos describing his day at the White House = radio gold. I couldn't stop laughing.

I saw the place where he walked, you know uh. There were paintings too.

YankeePride1967
05-21-08, 07:08 AM
It was interesting to hear Andrew Dice Clay in studio yesterday and hearing Opie and the gang today busting on Anthony after his date with Jill Nikolini last night.

RhodyYanksFan
05-21-08, 08:18 AM
It was interesting to hear Andrew Dice Clay in studio yesterday and hearing Opie and the gang today busting on Anthony after his date with Jill Nikolini last night.

I turned it on in the middle of that. So did they bury the hatchet with Dice? They really really destroyed him a few months back.

Oh and I'm so jealous of Anthony. Have you seen Jill Nicolini??

YankeePride1967
05-21-08, 08:54 AM
I turned it on in the middle of that. So did they bury the hatchet with Dice? They really really destroyed him a few months back.

Oh and I'm so jealous of Anthony. Have you seen Jill Nicolini??

Yes, she is incredible. Although I'm not sure how real it is though.

I listened to some. Evidently what set Dice off was right before the Garden show, Opie was saying something Dice was uncomfortable with in front of Dice's kid. Now instead of confronting Opie about it, they remained friends and then a year later out of the blue Dice decided to act on it.

Yankeeah
05-21-08, 09:03 AM
Jill has been in playboy, was on Married By America, some show called Survive This and The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll. I would be shocked if this isn't a publicity stunt. She seems like a publicity whore.

Yesterday when they were saying how she's gonna get in the car and be like "we gotta hurry up my boyfriend is waiting" was great. It seemed like it actually dawned on Anthony that this might actually be the case.

RhodyYanksFan
05-29-08, 08:22 AM
Who else heard them play the Hulk Hogan audio today? That entire family is full of scumbags. To sum it up, the son has to do 8 months in jail for crashing his car and permanently brain damaging his friend so somehow they got tapes of him on the phone with Hulk crying about how he doesn't want to be there, and then talking about a potential reality show for when he gets out. He says "I just want to do whatever will make me the most money."

The worst part was them saying how the other kid was always a jerk so maybe this was God's way of punishing him...not that your spoiled brat son got drunk and drove 100mph into a pole. That had nothing to do with it right Terry? :barf:

Also, on a lighter note, Antholini is taking off!

yanksphan
05-29-08, 10:08 AM
http://www.antholini.com/

YankeePride1967
05-29-08, 10:10 AM
All I have to say is if this is legit and not some radio bit, Anthony is one lucky man!

Yankeeah
05-29-08, 10:36 AM
Nicolini has been on like 12 reality shows. Shes in it for the fame.

Bro Jackhammer
05-29-08, 11:23 AM
I'm tired of the anonymity of the internet. Today, I shall reveal that my actual name is

PAUL R. NELSON

RhodyYanksFan
05-30-08, 07:37 AM
http://www.antholini.com/

YankeePride1967
06-27-08, 11:24 AM
Any chance today was the last O&A show on XM?

Yankeeah
06-27-08, 01:06 PM
Why what happened?

YankeePride1967
06-27-08, 01:32 PM
Why what happened?

This time it may have nothing to do with anything they said or did. They are the most listened station on XM. But evidently, XM needs to secure $120 million by Monday in order to pay MLB for the baseball package and they don't have it. They need to do a combination of financing and cost-cutting.

On Thursday's show opening segment Opie said for the diehards to be on "red alert". And today at the end of the XM show he said "see everyone Monday -- hopefully".

yankeesAZ
06-27-08, 10:28 PM
This time it may have nothing to do with anything they said or did. They are the most listened station on XM. But evidently, XM needs to secure $120 million by Monday in order to pay MLB for the baseball package and they don't have it. They need to do a combination of financing and cost-cutting.

On Thursday's show opening segment Opie said for the diehards to be on "red alert". And today at the end of the XM show he said "see everyone Monday -- hopefully".

The FCC dragging this merger out is killing both companies slowly. This is bad news for all of us satellite owners.

YankeePride1967
06-27-08, 11:13 PM
The FCC dragging this merger out is killing both companies slowly. This is bad news for all of us satellite owners.

Yup, the scumbags at "free" radio are doing a good job of killing this. Even if they do dodge this bullet, they have to get the merger soon.

yankeesAZ
06-27-08, 11:42 PM
Yup, the scumbags at "free" radio are doing a good job of killing this. Even if they do dodge this bullet, they have to get the merger soon.

16 months and counting for this merger. Unreal, considering how many mergers fly right though no questions asked. This is lobbying at its finest. Both parties are on the take here.

KLJ
06-28-08, 11:17 AM
even if they merge, does anyone actually know that there is a profit to be had in this business?

seems like both companies are bleeding out

yankeesAZ
06-28-08, 12:32 PM
even if they merge, does anyone actually know that there is a profit to be had in this business?

seems like both companies are bleeding out

Seems like the NAB is worried enough, that there is a profit to be had. This may be the longest of proposed mergers in the history of mergers.

What could happen is they say "no merger" is one goes out of business anyway and we're left with the "monopoly" that the NAB is "so worried about".

YankeePride1967
06-28-08, 12:47 PM
Seems like the NAB is worried enough, that there is a profit to be had. This may be the longest of proposed mergers in the history of mergers.

What could happen is they say "no merger" is one goes out of business anyway and we're left with the "monopoly" that the NAB is "so worried about".

And that is a real possibility the longer this drags on. I will tell you what if they both went under, I wouldn't go back to AM/FM. My I-Pod has over 8,000 songs/comedy bits on it. That's all I need.

RhodyYanksFan
06-28-08, 05:12 PM

I thought they paid for MLB for 11 seasons already? It's BS if they get rid of them over this.

YankeePride1967
06-28-08, 08:04 PM
I thought they paid for MLB for 11 seasons already? It's BS if they get rid of them over this.

No, they pay annually (I think $60 million per).The entire $120 million isn't for baseball, but it's the amount they need to go forward.

yankeesAZ
06-28-08, 08:08 PM
And that is a real possibility the longer this drags on. I will tell you what if they both went under, I wouldn't go back to AM/FM. My I-Pod has over 8,000 songs/comedy bits on it. That's all I need.

If both goes under, there will be quite a few pissed off people. Many cars now come preloaded with XM or Sirius.

Right now this whole fiasco is passing by quietly, but if the 18M or so combined listeners get cut off, I bet that will get some attention.

YankeePride1967
06-28-08, 08:13 PM
If both goes under, there will be quite a few pissed off people. Many cars now come preloaded with XM or Sirius.

Right now this whole fiasco is passing by quietly, but if the 18M or so combined listeners get cut off, I bet that will get some attention.

If XM went under, I'd go over to Sirius without even batting an eye. I have to imagine MLB would end up there if XM went under. And there are probably wackbaggers who would crucify me but I'd give Howard a try.

yankeesAZ
06-28-08, 10:10 PM
If XM went under, I'd go over to Sirius without even batting an eye. I have to imagine MLB would end up there if XM went under. And there are probably wackbaggers who would crucify me but I'd give Howard a try.

I wouldn't rule out a chance of Howard putting O & A on one of his stations in that scenario. Stranger things have happened.

YankeePride1967
06-29-08, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't rule out a chance of Howard putting O & A on one of his stations in that scenario. Stranger things have happened.

I really wonder how much of the rivalry is just for the sake of the shows. Opie and Robin were at some function a few weeks ago and from reports got along fine and Anthony went down to Atlantic City about a month ago and Howard himself was there and they were talking.

RhodyYanksFan
06-29-08, 08:33 AM
They have constantly been getting the short end of the stick from XM in regards to advertising and exposure. While 202 is the station I have on the most, and I want to believe them when they say it's the most rated station on XM, I don't see how if that's true why the company would continue to shun them so blatantly.

yankeesAZ
06-29-08, 10:13 AM
I really wonder how much of the rivalry is just for the sake of the shows. Opie and Robin were at some function a few weeks ago and from reports got along fine and Anthony went down to Atlantic City about a month ago and Howard himself was there and they were talking.

Most of it is show. O & A have more to gain by railing against Stern on their show. There are definitely Stern haters out there and they'd be foolish not to cater to that segment.

dabomb2045
06-29-08, 10:33 AM
16 months and counting for this merger. Unreal, considering how many mergers fly right though no questions asked. This is lobbying at its finest. Both parties are on the take here.

Seriously...why is this merger taking so friggin long to complete? There's gonna be alot of pissed off XM owners (myself included) if O&A arent on Monday morning.

yankeesAZ
06-29-08, 10:43 AM
Seriously...why is this merger taking so friggin long to complete? There's gonna be alot of pissed off XM owners (myself included) if O&A arent on Monday morning.

Corporate lobbying at it finest (or worst). Since this is far down the list of political issues to discuss, most of the lobbying is going on very quietly. Both parties are on the take here.

The NAB (backed mostly by Clear Channel) does not want satellite radio to succeed as they see the future and it is satellite and mp3 players in cars. The gravy train is drying up on terrestrial radio. People finally got tired of the same 10 songs in rotation with lots of commercials in between. They still make plenty of money but no where near it was at their peak.

The only TV show to really make a stink about this lobbying was Jim Cramer on "Mad Money".

AMYanks
06-29-08, 01:21 PM

None of it is real. O&A made the "gag order" seem more strict than it really was. It was something put in effect when Infinity hired The Greaseman and Howard wanted to see him fail because he couldn't use Howard's name. It was more of a bit than anything, but Infinity was so freaked out about angering the guy who made them so much money, they took it seriously.

In reality, Howard doesn't really hate Imus (it was accepted as fact years ago that they got along at WNBC and were friends, something Letterman called him on years later that Howard struggled to answer), and he admitted recently that he felt bad about the things he did to John DeBella. It's all somewhat of an act. O&A like to play with the heads of the fans, they know how the fans like to speculate. They came to NYC, Howard was the top guy, and they went after him. They exaggerated the "gag order" and it was extremely interesting radio, it's why hot talk radio went from "Howard, then everyone else" to "Howard, then O&A, then everyone else". They're very good at creating that drama. I even heard them replay their first show in NYC last week, and Opie admitted that practically every other line out of his mouth was a lie. They all lie. If they all told the truth, the shows would be a lot less interesting.

YankeePride1967
06-29-08, 01:26 PM
None of it is real. O&A made the "gag order" seem more strict than it really was. It was something put in effect when Infinity hired The Greaseman and Howard wanted to see him fail because he couldn't use Howard's name. It was more of a bit than anything, but Infinity was so freaked out about angering the guy who made them so much money, they took it seriously.

In reality, Howard doesn't really hate Imus (it was accepted as fact years ago that they got along at WNBC and were friends, something Letterman called him on years later that Howard struggled to answer), and he admitted recently that he felt bad about the things he did to John DeBella. It's all somewhat of an act. O&A like to play with the heads of the fans, they know how the fans like to speculate. They came to NYC, Howard was the top guy, and they went after him. They exaggerated the "gag order" and it was extremely interesting radio, it's why hot talk radio went from "Howard, then everyone else" to "Howard, then O&A, then everyone else". They're very good at creating that drama. I even heard them replay their first show in NYC last week, and Opie admitted that practically every other line out of his mouth was a lie. They all lie. If they all told the truth, the shows would be a lot less interesting.

I was listening to that myself. It's incredible how their voices have changed in that time. Maybe it's from them not using that corny radio voice.

AMYanks
06-29-08, 01:34 PM
I was listening to that myself. It's incredible how their voices have changed in that time. Maybe it's from them not using that corny radio voice.

Yeah, the voices are a lot different. The biggest difference I think I've noticed besides that is that Anthony at WNEW laughed like a mental patient, now it's very toned down. It's funny downloading some of their old stuff and hearing it, I kind of miss it.

RhodyYanksFan
06-29-08, 06:31 PM

But I heard Howard admit on Letterman (I think) that he absolutely had a gag order put and he's only in favor of free speech when it benefits him.

About that first NYC show, Opie definitely had a "radio" voice going on.

Did anyone see his fiancee filed a $10 million lawsuit against the NY Post this week for defamation of character going back to their report about her having a sex tape with Bam Margera?

AMYanks
06-30-08, 05:29 AM
But I heard Howard admit on Letterman (I think) that he absolutely had a gag order put and he's only in favor of free speech when it benefits him.

It was on O'Reilly. But even on there, he was vague about the whole thing. I don't think it was something the company put in specifically for O&A. One of my first Howard memories is him bringing all the K-Rock executives into the studio and tearing them apart for hiring The Greaseman, and saying something to the effect of "From now on, when you hire my imitators, they're not allowed to use me to get to the top". It was something they took seriously and was in effect to the day Howard left.

The difference between O&A and the others are they were creative enough to twist it into something funny. I remember once they did the entire first hour of their show with gags on, they created the "Radio Edit" nickname, it was all very interesting and funny.

AMYanks
06-30-08, 05:30 AM
Oh yeah, and they said the "Red Alert" is that they haven't been getting paid, and today is the day that XM has to decide whether to exercise an option for the last year of their contract, and they haven't heard anything from XM at all.

YankeePride1967
06-30-08, 07:05 AM
Oh yeah, and they said the "Red Alert" is that they haven't been getting paid, and today is the day that XM has to decide whether to exercise an option for the last year of their contract, and they haven't heard anything from XM at all.

Doesn't sound good for them on XM tomorrow.

YankeePride1967
07-01-08, 06:55 AM
Well, they are on XM today. Either they had their option picked up or they are about to.

RhodyYanksFan
07-02-08, 08:57 AM
Worst-of today. Are they on vacation or did XM screw them??

GravyMaster3
07-02-08, 09:49 AM
Vacation

YankeePride1967
07-02-08, 09:50 AM
Worst-of today. Are they on vacation or did XM screw them??

They announced last week that they would be taking today and tomorrow off. I believe they are back on the air Monday. They hinted yesterday about going back to the afternoons so who knows what's going on.

RhodyYanksFan
07-07-08, 11:19 AM
Rich Vos may be the stupidest person alive.

YankeePride1967
07-08-08, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know what the "83 days" Opie is referring to?

AMYanks
07-29-08, 09:41 AM
I was listening to K-Rock in the car and thought I heard someone (Opie?) say "Your Mom's Box" very faintly as they signed off, then I get home and put on XM and see they're in Worst Of.

The company just "announced" the merger this morning, did something happen already?

RhodyYanksFan
07-29-08, 09:46 AM
I was listening to K-Rock in the car and thought I heard someone (Opie?) say "Your Mom's Box" very faintly as they signed off, then I get home and put on XM and see they're in Worst Of.

The company just "announced" the merger this morning, did something happen already?

They said around 8:30ish that they have a conference call this morning so no XM. They also said they don't want to be getting any phone calls from Mel today because this is the week that all the firings will be.

I still don't get how a company with shares at $3.00 can buy out a company selling at $11.00.

RhodyYanksFan
07-30-08, 07:29 AM
Rich Vos may be the stupidest person alive.

He never ceases to amaze me at how dumb he is...and it's hilarious.

RhodyYanksFan
07-30-08, 08:06 AM
Supposedly Mel Karmazin will be on O&A this morning. Should be interesting considering their history together.

YankeePride1967
07-30-08, 08:37 AM
Supposedly Mel Karmazin will be on O&A this morning. Should be interesting considering their history together.

Good news. I don't think Mel would be coming on if the boys weren't staying on XM.

RhodyYanksFan
07-30-08, 08:38 AM
Good news. I don't think Mel would be coming on if the boys weren't staying on XM.

I hope you're right.

YankeePride1967
07-30-08, 09:59 AM
Looks like Mel is going to make the boys choose between CBS and XM. I can't blame him, I'm not sure why it was allowed to begin with.

jeterdaman
07-30-08, 10:02 AM
Looks like Mel is going to make the boys choose between CBS and XM. I can't blame him, I'm not sure why it was allowed to begin with.

They choose XM, right? I hope.

YankeePride1967
07-30-08, 10:03 AM
They choose XM, right? I hope.

I hope too. If not, I'm getting an I-Phone as 92.3 (the NY station) doesn't come in clear here.

RhodyYanksFan
07-30-08, 10:07 AM
I hope too. If not, I'm getting an I-Phone as 92.3 (the NY station) doesn't come in clear here.

92.3 isn't streamed online?

They're idiots if they choose FM over XM.

YankeePride1967
07-30-08, 10:10 AM
92.3 isn't streamed online?

They're idiots if they choose FM over XM.

Even if it does, it won't help me in the car. And they should choose XM.

RhodyYanksFan
07-30-08, 02:42 PM
Listening to the replay, they're talking about them getting pulled off Syracuse and Philly. I have no idea why they still bother with FM.

YankeePride1967
07-31-08, 08:15 AM
I was listening to Opie and Anthony yesterday with Mel on and one correction. Mel never said that O&A HAD to choose between FM and XM. He said he would prefer them to be XM only. He also said that the two should not expect to be paid as much if they went the FM and XM route as doing that would negate the value of the show as they would be giving away product essentially for free. So if the boys want to stay as they are, they can but their wallets won't be as thick if they went full in with XM.

YankeePride1967
09-30-08, 07:31 AM
Today is the last day on their XM contract. Any bets as to if they'll be on tomorrow?

YankeePride1967
09-30-08, 10:08 AM
just heard they signed a new deal with Sirius/XM. No word about the CBS portion.

RhodyYanksFan
10-01-08, 06:51 PM
just heard they signed a new deal with Sirius/XM. No word about the CBS portion.

Two more years on XM/Sirius. Their channel is now availible on Sirius online. The Virus channel 197. Also on XM they moved stations around to make channels 100 and 101 open.

I hope their XM deal forces them to not re sign with CBS.

YankeePride1967
10-01-08, 06:57 PM
Two more years on XM/Sirius. Their channel is now availible on Sirius online. The Virus channel 197. Also on XM they moved stations around to make channels 100 and 101 open.

I hope their XM deal forces them to not re sign with CBS.

The CBS deal expires in April of 2009. Mel has said he won't prevent them from staying on CBS, but not to expect the same amount of money as being on CBS dilutes the value of the program.

RhodyYanksFan
10-01-08, 06:59 PM
The CBS deal expires in April of 2009. Mel has said he won't prevent them from staying on CBS, but not to expect the same amount of money as being on CBS dilutes the value of the program.

I agree that it does. Sure they seem to be more focused and have better guests on FM, but it's still a waste to pay to listen to them through my XM and hear them bitch about what they can't say on FM.

Tifoso
10-01-08, 06:59 PM

Your sig is broken linik, amico mio

YankeePride1967
10-01-08, 07:00 PM
I agree that it does. Sure they seem to be more focused and have better guests on FM, but it's still a waste to pay to listen to them through my XM and hear them bitch about what they can't say on FM.

I have a feeling they will let the CBS deal expire.

Yankeeah
10-01-08, 08:11 PM
Anyone hear that rant Anthony had on Jill last week? Did anyone else see that coming a mile away? That whole thing bothered me from day 1

YankeePride1967
10-02-08, 06:45 AM
Anyone hear that rant Anthony had on Jill last week? Did anyone else see that coming a mile away? That whole thing bothered me from day 1

That was radio gold.

yanksphan
10-02-08, 02:17 PM
Jill Nicoleaky

YankeePride1967
10-02-08, 02:31 PM
Jill Nicoleaky

That was disgusting, can you imagine rolling over and landing on that?

yanksphan
10-02-08, 02:40 PM
blech....

the comment about "gravel" had me rolling as well.

Good stuff.

RhodyYanksFan
10-04-08, 08:41 AM
Anyone catch Down & Dirty with Jim Norton on HBO last night? It was a stand up show with him as the MC.

RhodyYanksFan
11-05-08, 07:46 AM
Now I love this show, but Anthony is really, really annoying with his Obama rants. Cry me a river that your taxes will go up. You get paid millions to hang out and talk with your friends for 20 hours a week.

whiffleball
11-05-08, 11:13 AM
Now I love this show, but Anthony is really, really annoying with his Obama rants. Cry me a river that your taxes will go up. You get paid millions to hang out and talk with your friends for 20 hours a week.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting annoyed with this. He and I had a similar upbringing and we can't be any further in how we see the world. I've had to turn it off many times.

yanksphan
11-05-08, 11:20 AM
The 'discussion' between he and Patrice yesterday regarding racism in America was so awkward.

2 people, equally ignorant on opposite sides of an argument.

Lots of dumb...

RhodyYanksFan
11-05-08, 11:23 AM
It didn't help win any pro-Obama arguments with the interviews Sam got today.

whiffleball
11-05-08, 11:30 AM
You can't beat Tony Bennet though. That's cooler than Big A!

YankeePride1967
11-05-08, 12:03 PM
I disagree with Anthony, but he has a right to express his opinion just like the rest of us. And likewise people have a right to blast him for it.

RhodyYanksFan
11-05-08, 12:05 PM
I disagree with Anthony, but he has a right to express his opinion just like the rest of us. And likewise people have a right to blast him for it.

It's just annoying the extreme stance he takes. Much like it's stupid to call him racist for not being an Obama supporter, he comes off just as dumb by calling anyone who doesn't agree with him a liberal asshole.

He keeps saying how all the black people voted for him just because he's black, ignoring the fact that in every election the Democrat gets 90% of the black vote no matter who is running.

YankeePride1967
11-05-08, 12:24 PM
It's just annoying the extreme stance he takes. Much like it's stupid to call him racist for not being an Obama supporter, he comes off just as dumb by calling anyone who doesn't agree with him a liberal asshole.

He keeps saying how all the black people voted for him just because he's black, ignoring the fact that in every election the Democrat gets 90% of the black vote no matter who is running.

I agree with what you are saying, but still if I tire of it, I'll change the station.

RhodyYanksFan
11-05-08, 07:42 PM
Jim Norton will be signing his new book next Thursday at 6pm in Providence at the Borders in the Providence Place Mall.

RhodyYanksFan
01-06-09, 07:34 AM
Anyone listening today? Great show so far. They are on to something with this Oprah stuff. Why is the media trying to make us feel bad for her just because she has no will power?