03-20-07, 06:18 AM
Tuesday, March 20th

9:40pm

www.FantasyAuctioneer.com

ruthianblast
03-20-07, 10:42 AM
Tuesday, March 20th

9:40pm

www.FantasyAuctioneer.com (http://www.FantasyAuctioneer.com)

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

gdn
03-20-07, 10:48 AM
Wait, tonight??? I can't make it!!!

No, no, just kidding :D

Big_E
03-20-07, 04:59 PM
I'm not...I feel like crap. Have a stomach flu, been barfing since 10:00am

ruthianblast
03-20-07, 05:30 PM

Sucks...

boo_427
03-20-07, 07:05 PM

You're are that nervous? :P

See hopefully before 10:00 pm.

Snatch Catch
03-20-07, 10:51 PM
"My mom is in town, and she wants to take us to dinner..."

:enraged:

Clive
03-20-07, 11:07 PM
Anybody want $52 in fake money?

gdn
03-20-07, 11:09 PM
I got $3

So, when does the minor league draft happen and how does that work?

Soriambi
03-20-07, 11:25 PM
I see that you're not feeling well, Eric, but could you post the teams and prices when you're feeling better for us non-league members? (Or if someone else could post them, that'd be great) :)

Big_E
03-21-07, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone for coming to the auction last night.
With keepers pre-loaded, we finished the whole thing in a record 90-minutes!

I think I only remember around 10 mins or so, thankfully I was able to stay awake for the whole thing, and there was only one time I had to rewind a pick.

I think I figured out a way next year to slot minor leaguers. Since the site won't let me do it, I'll create a "dummy" team, and award the "dummy" team all our minor leaguers. This way, they are protected from anyone accidentally selecting someone, and rewinding should completely disappear.

Now comes the task of loading all the picks into Sportsline, since there's no way to do that automatically.

ruthianblast
03-21-07, 09:45 AM
I got $3

The auction draft is a true snake draft, not auction style. It will generally commence after teams break camp to avoid selecting someone who makes it to the 25 man roster and having to promote them immediately. E will obviously be the final word on how it's going to work.

ruthianblast
03-21-07, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone for coming to the auction last night.
With keepers pre-loaded, we finished the whole thing in a record 90-minutes!

I think I only remember around 10 mins or so, thankfully I was able to stay awake for the whole thing, and there was only one time I had to rewind a pick.

I think I figured out a way next year to slot minor leaguers. Since the site won't let me do it, I'll create a "dummy" team, and award the "dummy" team all our minor leaguers. This way, they are protected from anyone accidentally selecting someone, and rewinding should completely disappear.

Now comes the task of loading all the picks into Sportsline, since there's no way to do that automatically.

The auction went much, much faster and this was a year of a ton of bargains. Even though A-Rod/Pujols went for 35+ I'm still pissed that Ortiz was 25 and Wells were 27 when Hafner and Morneau went for less.

yanksphan
03-21-07, 10:13 AM
I see that you're not feeling well, Eric, but could you post the teams and prices when you're feeling better for us non-league members? (Or if someone else could post them, that'd be great) :)

Here you go.

Hitman23
03-21-07, 10:19 AM
Manny went for $16?? Holy sh*t. nice job.

I'm rooting for the former Empire. I will be intolerable. Get ready.

yanksphan
03-21-07, 10:23 AM
The dollar deals were unreal.

At the end, I had 5 dollars and 5 spots. I filled them all for $1 each with no competition. I think most of us were tapped out and couldn't raise the bid even $1.

chanman7483
03-21-07, 10:26 AM
I actually missed the draft, sorry guys...

Can't believe you got Beckett and Helton for a buck man, great job... bastard!

At least I also got one of those $1 steals... Cuddyer

Hitman23
03-21-07, 10:37 AM
The dollar deals were unreal.

At the end, I had 5 dollars and 5 spots. I filled them all for $1 each with no competition. I think most of us were tapped out and couldn't raise the bid even $1.I ended last year with a few bucks left over. You need to find a happy middle in the draft. Alot of people blow their wad real early on stars and other hold off and don't spend a dime until the end. but they get screwed by a thin talent pool.

yanksphan
03-21-07, 10:42 AM
I ended last year with a few bucks left over. You need to find a happy middle in the draft. Alot of people blow their wad real early on stars and other hold off and don't spend a dime until the end. but they get screwed by a thin talent pool.

It was different this year - we all shelled out some pretty hefty contracts (I went 4 yrs on Hanley, 3 yrs on Cain, etc) - but we also all had to let some studs back to the pool (Santana, Tex, Vlad, etc)

So we were all pretty strapped for cash (I started the auction with $103), but had limited open spots available. So if you played your cards right, you got a steal. I saw Helton sitting there for a while, and ended up getting him in the 2 or 3rd to last round because either nobody needed him, or could afford to beat my $1 bid.

Soriambi
03-21-07, 01:56 PM
Here you go.

Thank you, sir. Some great bargains there, and some overpays as well, in my estimation. I think that it's amazing that Clive has the players that he has with $52 left over. He got some really great deals.

Big_E
03-21-07, 02:43 PM

The minor league draft will begin on Monday, April 2nd.

The order will be reverse standings from 2006, with the expansion team slotted in the middle. So it will go:

Striking Back
A-Team v. 2007
GHR714
The Corporation
Russell Peters Experiment
Sycamore Style
Kings of Arbitration
New York Knights
Bitches Brew

however, as of now, GHR714 is keeping all 4 of his minor leaguers, so he will not get any picks in the mL draft.

gdn
03-21-07, 04:39 PM
When you say it will begin on Monday, does that mean it is not a live draft? Each team has how long to make its selection?

Big_E
03-21-07, 04:52 PM
When you say it will begin on Monday, does that mean it is not a live draft? Each team has how long to make its selection?

No, not live. Done here on the forum. I think we gave people 12 hours to make a pick last year. There are only 18 picks to be made, so it shouldn't take too long.

gdn
03-21-07, 05:02 PM
No, not live. Done here on the forum. I think we gave people 12 hours to make a pick last year. There are only 18 picks to be made, so it shouldn't take too long.Gotcha :) Thanks for answering my questions.

ruthianblast
03-21-07, 05:21 PM
The minor league draft will begin on Monday, April 2nd.

The order will be reverse standings from 2006, with the expansion team slotted in the middle. So it will go:

Striking Back
A-Team v. 2007
GHR714
The Corporation
Russell Peters Experiment
Sycamore Style
Kings of Arbitration
New York Knights
Bitches Brew

however, as of now, GHR714 is keeping all 4 of his minor leaguers, so he will not get any picks in the mL draft.

I thought I got my 2 drops of mL in before the deadline...I only wanted to keep Gio Gonzalez and Josh Fields. If not, oh well.

Big_E
03-21-07, 06:52 PM
I thought I got my 2 drops of mL in before the deadline...I only wanted to keep Gio Gonzalez and Josh Fields. If not, oh well.

That's fine, I can change it now. No big deal. :D

Big_E
03-21-07, 06:56 PM
OK, fixed.

ruthianblast
03-21-07, 10:46 PM
OK, fixed.
Thanks E; how's the stomach feeling today?